NATION

PASSWORD

Awakening [N.E.A.R.-FT- Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Razhtigr
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Awakening [N.E.A.R.-FT- Closed]

Postby Razhtigr » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 pm

The high king stared idly at the two stars orbiting in the distance, faints dots of white. The shields absorbding and deflecting a maelstrom of cosmic activity, radiation, and gravity pressures enough to crush the earth into a sphere the size of a 50km sphere. With Malikas and Soin both gone, the king could think only of things to come. He had not heard from either Malikas, or Soin, though he hadn't expected contact from either for at least another day or two.

Thinking upon the multitude of stars, and the need to be more active in galactic affairs, he could think only upon the best way to direct their energies and to maximize their presence. Knowing the location of only a small number of races from the great war, and none for certain. He felt sure that they must attempt to re-establish contact with anyone who may be out there and willing to listen. Calling forth a holographic projection of the galaxy, he studied it intently. Suddenly, small clusters appeared. Approximated locations of any radio signals deemed to be not of natural origina for the past 50 years. Most were concentrated around the galactic center, which was not to be unexpected, the previous population densities almost guaranteed some would survive, thrive, and flourish.

Far to the east a faint contact, the symbol of the people hobeebia was overlain as a probable source, but it was unknown as no attempt had been made to crack the signal itself and ascertain its nature and origin. No, we would need something isolated, but less so than our current location. Hmm... Perhaps due south. The great vortex at the center of the galaxy? Then, a nebula caught his attention, slightly south of his city. It was perfect, the odds are several stars would be present that would be capable of supporting the vast energy requirements of one of the six other great trees that would be dispatched to establish a kingdom presence in the region. Reaching out with his mind, he spoke with the high keeper of tree Hona'ko

"Keeper, the time has come for you to leave the shadow of Yggdrasil and return to the galaxy. I have decided that you shall begin immediate preparations to depart for sector D-10 as soon as possible and begin establishing a post for trade and relations with our new neighbors. I would also like you to found several sphere's that may house a variety of species of comfortably, once we learn more we can adapt them accordingly, for now around 10 should do, keep them around a thousand meters. Update me of your progress when, and give me an updated itenirary when you have it. I expect you should be able to depart within the week." he communicated to the keeper.

"I hear and understand my king, I look forward to the return of outsiders. We have been isolated for so long, they bring variety, as nature intends." He communicated back closing the connection and beginning the preparations to move his giants tree into orbit of the new nebula.
Political Compass: -6.75; -5.28
[N.E.A.R-FT]
Red-Green Party(NSG Senate)

Razhtigr
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Razhtigr » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 am

Back in his own tree, the keeper was lost in thought. Never before had the kami taken a proactive stance in galactic affairs, for the most part they had been content to ignore and be ignored by the rest of the galaxy except for the few rare times they assisted other races with problems they could not handle themselves. The abandonment of the stance of non-intervention was refreshing to him, "Nature thrives on change" he thought to himself. This cycle, would be different, this cycle they would not stand idly by and allow the galaxy to tear itself apart in the fires of war.

But how, he thought, what must be out there. First, a strange radio signal has the king dispatch one of his most senior advisors, who has still not been heard from. Then a strange ship appears outside the system carrying humans no less. While little was known about them, Bennu had been interacting with them and said they were quite odd, but seemed peaceable enough. Now, as the giant ship around began its superluminal procedures it began to shimmer with energy as the propulsion systems were charged to full power. This journey would most likely take two months in real-time, but with the computer navigating it would move through spaces of "weak space" where travel could be increased exponentially increasing from 15 light years in an hour to sometimes in the hundreds. These places were few and far between however, and the gains tended to generally be modest, however sometimes you got lucky.

As the tree began to hum with a visible energy he gave the order
"Engage Superluminal Drive" Instantly the universe around him disappeared outside the ships shielding, they were on the way now. It was the first time the keeper had looked outside and not seen Yggdrasil in several hundred million years. It was the closest he'd ever felt to homesick, the twinge of sadness was overwhelmed by his excitement. He had been chosed to go forth in the name of the kami. He had been chose by the high king himself, along with those who inhabitated his tree as crew. The 300km long tree was a self sufficent city unto itself, it could survive indepent of the Yggdrasil indefinitely and now their only means of return was a single gate mounted near the base of the tree that allowed travel and communication with a central gate in the World Tree.

Looking out into the crystalized shielding, he continued to be lost in his thoughts of what if and what may. This was truly and exciting time for the kami.
Political Compass: -6.75; -5.28
[N.E.A.R-FT]
Red-Green Party(NSG Senate)

Return to International Incidents