NATION

PASSWORD

A glistening jewel among the a thousands stars [N.E.A.R.] FT

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:34 pm

"5,000 years... has it really been that long? 5,000 years since I have heard my native tongue, since I heard the sound of children laughing, of celebration, of hope... 5,000 years today... Why can't I bring myself to just fade away? Everyday I hope for a death I can never see, but I can't simply let myself go... I can never become real again... it has been to long to be reconstituted, and my family is surely dead by now. So why can't I just end it all?..."

These were the words of a long forgotten mind, bound to his prison, his home, his duty. Watching carefully, patiently waiting for his fellows to return and reclaim that which is rightfully theirs. Time however, hadn't been kind. The automated systems of the station had long since went dormant; its Micro Proto-Neutron star reactor now just a glowing ember of its once raw, intense power which fueled the station and its people so long ago. Now it only produced enough power to keep the stations I.C. functioning as well as minor navigation systems, even the gravity generation systems had gone off-line keeping the dust from settling, choking the air within. The I.C. during the early days did what it could to keep things tidy in case they ever came back, but after a thousand years it had finally given up letting it claim its prize. Despite this the station was just the way it was when it was abandoned so long ago. Its halls still as glittering white as always, polished to a high sheen... even in the still darkness of the station's lifeless shell it was still just as marvelous. Every once in a while as the station orbited its anchor star Cerberia- are white dwarf- its brilliant light would flood in through the stations thick glass ceiling of the Central Atrium, where the once perfectly manicured artificial forest now laid dead and barren.

(Exemplums Regula (Paragons Rule)

"Perhaps... perhaps they have forgotten... forgotten about this station... about me... " said the I.C. to himself once more as he materialized his avatar into the very halls he had been watching for so long. The Hardlight projections giving him a solid state and feeling in which to take in his surroundings. Each step, a memory long forgotten, each fingertip on the walls a promise broken. As he entered the Central Atrium he looked towards the ceiling just as the stars light began to filter in, the film left behind by the decayed planet life which caked the windows could only stop so much making large rays fall upon the floor and the dead earth beneath his feet.

"If they have forgotten... then I shall make them remember." he vocalized from his avatar as it reached down and took a hand full of soil into his palm sifting it as it looking for something he had dropped. If he could cry he would have, not out of sorrow or desperation, but out of hope for life once more. He soon let the soil free of his hand which floated in its place.

"I will bring life here once more...". The I.C. closed his eyes and focused as hard as he could and drew in what little power he could from the dying star reactor and channeled it into the stations communications systems and prepared a data burst which would traverse the galaxy for any ear that would hear it. In the Reactor room the proto- neutron star began to vibrate and roar to life the numerous hardlight consoles came to life for brief moments as if having start up problems, but in reality simply didn't have enough power to sustain themselves. The strain was incredible on the I.C. as he could feel power by pulled from him as well and his avatar started to fade away. As the power required was gathered the I.C. formulated the message... at least what he could manage...

Code: Select all
This is the Exemplums Regula Intelligent construct Garienus Aeteros... My coordinated are  *********************** Station is in need of refit and repairs. Please respond... please...

With a mighty shout the data burst was distributed to the stars, and with it the hopes and dreams of the I.C.... As the last bit of the messaged was sent the I.C.'s avatar faded away and the stations reactor grew even dimmer, barely active. the I.C. could feel the stars exhaustion as his own and placed himself on stand by to conserve the power he had left... hoping that somone would hear his plea...
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Voldoviana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Voldoviana » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Date: 29 April VST, 2154 CSY
C.S.V. Victory, Flagship of the 3rd Battlefleet.

"Admiral, I must insist, we need to give a good impression..." Senator Fellesius said, walking down the hall alongside Admiral Pollox. The windows on one side of the wall gave a (synthetic, of course) image of the outside world, the black void. The two turned a corner, entering an elevator.

"Jason, for all we know, that call came from an alien warfleet, primed to destroy whatever pops out of FTL and salvage its databanks. I'm not taking a risk like that!" the Admiral said, pushing the button for the bridge. "I know if these guys are friendly, we're going to have to make friendly, but until then, let's keep our wits about us. And that's final." the Admiral said.

The senator shut up. He knew he'd been assigned as a civilian advisor to this military expidition, but he'd expected a little bit more say. Apparently, the Admiral didn't take kindly to some office type coming into his world and telling him what to do. While Fellesius understood the rationale, they could potentially declare war on a possible ally this way!

The elevator dinged open, revealing the bridge of the CSV Victory. The senator took his seat, right next to the Admiral's chair. The bridge was abuzz with activity, the final preparations for FTL jump starting. One Ensign stood before the Admiral, pounding his chest before saluting.

"Sir, the ships Valient, Starscraper, El-Melloi, Achilles, Proparovkah, Kwaitzitch, Bagstone, Nigel, Say my Name, and Oberon's Folly have all reported in, along with their sections. The Third Battlefleet is ready to launch." he said, passing a dataslate to the Admiral, who nodded. It was time.

The CSV Victory opened a hole in space-time, contracting the spacefold envelope around the fleet of four battleships, eight cruisers, sixteen frigates, and three stealth corvettes. The twenty-one ships entered an alternate dimension, sending them faster than the speed of light as the envelope behind them slammed shut. In three weeks time, on another end of the galaxy, they'd exit back into realspace.
Last edited by Voldoviana on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarmandar
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarmandar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:58 pm

-omitted-
Last edited by Sarmandar on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:09 pm

"Raihor du Thrag of Sarmandar, Lord Commander of the Bloodborn. Does anyone read me?"

"I... Hear ... you..." the I.C. struggled to say. However with his power running very low the system would not allow more than basic functions, but he had to respond. In the depths of his mind he drew in power from the reserve capacitors that he had been saving for this very moment. The consoles around his core flared back to life once more for a few seconds as he formulated a quick response.

I hear you... Are you with the Exploratory Fleets? I do not

With time against he dispatched the message in hopes the signal would be strong enough to make the trip across the void. The ships where strange and foreign to him, but he was aware of the High Commands initiative to merge alien tech with our own in order to make them more compatible with our ally races so his assumption was that this was simply one of those ships despite never actually seeing one. Be that as it may if it wasn't his old masters he would try and ensure his stations survival, this was his last and only mission he had left to carry out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( Aeos System- Hobbeebian High Command )

News of the transmission had traveled quickly within the High Command station, and since most were already on high alert due to the reported attack by an unknown enemy with what is thought to be a stolen ship. It was truly a baffling time these past few days. A galaxy once thought lifeless and suddenly sprung to life and not exactly in the best of ways. For the time being the more potent issues was the one of this transmission from a station long forgotten from the books; the Imperial Command staff now wanted it back. the small council of nearly 100 Officers stood around a floating, multi-segmented podium as hardlight projectors created a functioning 3D model of the station in question. The older officers knew without a doubt it was once one of their stations and according to the registry it was scheduled to be decommissioned after the war, but had slipped through the cracks. The murmuring between the men was never more then a dull roar but the conversations where all about the same thing... What should be done about the station?

About that time another figure of Imperial Born Blood took the center of the podium and the others became hushed, either out of curiosity or respect. After a quick glance around the room the figure spoke.

"Gentleman... The rumors are true. Nearly one hour ago we received a weak, yet unmistakable data burst for an abandoned Sepulcher Class Station that was indeed on the books as a decommissioned vessel. However, it would appear that an error in reporting has shown that the station was simply abandoned. The transmission... (waves hand and plays the transmission)... is confirmed to be from the last recorded I.C. on record for the station. The I.C.- A former scientist by the name of Garienus Aeteros was Trans-Digitized as part of an effort to prefect the current I.C. program we have today, and is well beyond the limits of how long someone can remain an I.C. and we fear is no longer able to be Reconstituted... Gentleman we are left with a very serious situation on our hands. Records of the stations total military strength have been lost to us and we may be letting hostile alien forces take claim to those weapons. Weapons many are not yet ready to handle."

Another of the Officers in the room stood and voice his agreement with the speaker now identified as Guardian-of-Light Sevinous Rynex, and soon after him others as well. However, as the last few put their vote in to destroy the station a single voice came from the back and offered a different option.

"If this station is not outfitted for war and was simply a colony station could this not provide us a means to a greater goal? We now know that there are others out there still and we have literally no relations with them in the slightest... while I agree we possess technology that may be to much for them now, I believe this old station my be the key to helping us monitor the galaxy. WE can use this station as a center of inter-galactic politics, and trade and try an advert the same mistakes of suspicion and hatred which spawned the last Great War."

The others listened to this one lone officer speak, and his words made sense... with a slight, almost inaudible murmur they all looked to the guardians for his verdict. Sevinous' eyes squinted as he took the lone officers face into memory before speaking...

"Verywell... You will assigned to the 1st Exploratory Fleet and you will secure this station and ensure it is not a vessel of war... Should this station be a use as your envision- you have our Emperors blessing to carry out the operations of refitting the station for the purposes your believe will help to ensure peace within this galaxy. You shall be our Emissary to the people of this new galaxy... and you shall be held accountable for its well-being.... Master Admiral Vas' Ayriah." the others in the room hushed themselves at the order. Never before had someone been given such as task before.

Then as the order finally had time to sink in the guardian spoke once more.

"But know this Vas... should you fail. I will bring the station to its knee's and those within it." With that the Guardian turned about and exited the room leaving the Officers alone to mull over what had just transpired. One by one they filtered out leaving Vas to his thought as he approached the 3D model and looked it over. something told him there was more to this station than meets the eyes, but that was neither here nor there and he had just gotten an order. With a labored sign he withdrew from the room and went home to tell his wife and his new assignment and to make one last memory with her before his departure. Standing in the stations Portal Nexus he dialed in on the Homeworld near his home on the golden coasts near his ancestral homelands. As he stepped though he noticed the suns where about to set and the planets lust bio-luminescent life would begin to display its beauty.

As he walked inside he was greeted by his loving wife and his daughter would had just lost her first tooth. She ran up to him screaming "Daddy! Daddy! Look!" holding it up from him to inspect. Vas knelt down as she neared and took her in closely and tightly. The little girl embraced her father as well and snuggled her face deeply into his military uniform and letting out a quite "Love you too daddy." Vas looked up from his hug and met his wife's eyes; it was a look she hated to see.

"Where to now? " she inquired as she approached the two as Vas picked up his little girl. Vas didn't answer but instead took hold of his wife and kissed her deeply and softly till her fear melted away and she returned his kiss letting her arms fold round him. Vas' little girl made faces at the kiss, which prompted her jump down from her fathers grasp and run into the Kitchen where dinner had just been placed down on the table. Vas would not trouble his wife with the news tonight, instead he would be their rock and carry on as normal. That night Vas took his wife and walked her to the waters edge which had a brilliant red glow which seems to make to water seem like the be as bright as a star, but produced no light beyond itself. The golden flaked sand on the shore shifted beneath their feet as they walked together before settling on a spot they found as children and where they made love for the first time. Here they stood with one another in silence, words would of only gotten in the way. From here they watched the numerous starships in the nightsky go about back and forth like millions of tiny fireflys beyond their reach.

Vas slowly shifted his wifes hair to the side and slowly kissed down the side of her neck prompting her to turn about slowly locking lips with her beloved husband, and like before as young dumb kids they made love once more on a rock out cropping that was surrounded by water and the forest, with each moment that pasted it almost seemed as if the planet was in tune with them the crash of the waves like the beats of their hearts... while in sync. Tonight was theirs... and no one could take that from them...

Voldoviana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Voldoviana » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Date: 15 June VST, 2154 CSY
3rd Coalition Battlefleet

Space-Time rearranged itself as the twenty-one ships of the 3rd Battlefleet reentered regular space. The triangular v-shaped formation of the fleet rearranged itself to battle-formation, the needed preparations to delve into Slipspace having passed. Fighter bays opened open, weapons shook free of their mounts, and radar scanners came online.

"We've got contacts! Five frigate-sized ships, unknown origin! Station is of predicted size and located 5.332 Micropisons to the Galactic Northwest!" an ensign aboard the Victory shouted, plugging numbers into a targetting computer. "Frigates are warships, I repeat they are warships!" he said, more sensor data coming in.

The Admiral grimaced. "Inform the fleet all ships are to go to battlestations. Arrange into flight pattern AX-Y-2. Try to set up radio contact." The senator would be screaming at him, but that was precisely why he was up in the observation deck right now. If this did escalate, the last thing he needed was a screaming civilian running around the bridge of the flagship of the premier Battlefleet.

However, it mattered little. Just judging by looks, these were fellow scavengers. Their ships were bulky, green, bristling with noticeable guns. Stark contrast to the sleek and smooth shape of the station off to the distance. No, these were others responding to the lure of contact. Whether the fleet would have to blow them out of the sky mattered little.

The Admiral was far more interested in the station, not the pathetically small fleet he could crush like a bug. The station was of an expected size for something that could send a message halfway across the galaxy- goddamn giant. The thing could've easily housed every man in the fleet three times over, and then some. The Admiral wondered for a second exactly what something so big was exactly built for, but then shook it off.

"Sir, we've established a connection with the station, and are working on the tango fleet." the Comms Officer said, turning to the Admiral. He nodded picking up a microphone. If this thing could autotranslate into Coalition English then, it could do it now.

"This is Fleet Admiral Richard Pollox, commander of the Third Battlefleet of the Coaltion of Allied Planets. We are here on a peacekeeping mission to investigate the status of this unknown station. May I know who I am speaking to?" he said, tentatively.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:50 pm

With the emergence of this new fleet came a renew, if somewhat weary sense of relief to the I.C. as the finally moments of his first capacitor started to to wane. From his calculations the first ship to enter his space where vastly outgunned and the last thing he needed was a battle to erupt while he was unable to defend his station, his prison, and home. He searched furiously for some sgn of communication attempts; and then it happened...

"This is Fleet Admiral Richard Pollox, commander of the Third Battlefleet of the Coaltion of Allied Planets. We are here on a peacekeeping mission to investigate the status of this unknown station. May I know who I am speaking to?"

The I.C. wrapped up the final bit of energy to send out a reply to this Fleet Admiral Richard Pollox.

"You are speaking with Exemplums Regula's Intelligent construct Garienus Aeteros. Formerly Garienus Aeteros of the Hobbeebian Imperiums Divine Sciences Corps. Scientist of the 4th class. and designer of this station. I implore your Admiral Pollox... a battle here and now would only serve to see me damaged and in my current state... I don't think  I could survive. "

After the message was broadcast the power failed sending him into another state of weakness and for the time he was blind as to what was going on outside. For now he would wait and see if his plea was heeded.

Arcturus IV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcturus IV » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Some time earlier...

Arcturus IV, Subcentral Command

"Report!"

Admiral Yoong's harsh voice cracked across the auditorium like a whip, lashing out at the group of scientists that stood before her. Her patience had been worn thin throughout the day, and the strain was showing.

"Ma'am!" The lead scientist stepped forward with an INRI datapad at the ready. "Sensors report that at 0237 hours, the following databurst transmission was received:

This is the Exemplums Regula Intelligent construct Garienus Aeteros... My coordinated are  *********************** Station is in need of refit and repairs. Please respond... please...

"It took us some time to crack it, even with the new universal translators, but we believe this to be an accurate translation." The scientist stepped back, his eyes drifting toward his feet timidly.

"'Refit and repairs', eh?" Yoong murmured to herself. "This could be the perfect opportunity to strike. Then again, it could be a trap... " she closed her eyes briefly, running through various scenarios and strategies in her head, before snapping her eyes open abruptly and continuing. "Dispatch a contingency of drones. I want to know what the hell is going on out there... yesterday." Her steely grey eyes fastened on the lead scientist like those of a hungry wolf - compassionless and determined, the spark of the hunt ignited behind them.

"Y-yes ma'am!" he replied before scurrying away to make the necessary preparations.

=====================================================================================================================================================

Current day and time

Exemplums Regula, near-orbit

The drone fleet exited vector jump without fanfare or warning, simply appearing several thousand kilometers behind the station abruptly. The fleet consisted of a single primary control drone, 120 secondary control drones, 5000 primary attack, defense, and intelligence drones each, and 15000 secondary attack, defense, and intelligence drones each for a grand total of 60,121 drones in total. A relatively small scout force, given their size, but not to be underestimated by any means... the dual EM-boosted .50 cal slugthrowers on the secondary attack drones were bad enough, but the three PPCs mounted on the primary attack drones were even worse, and if threatened would serve to defend them well enough. Assault was not their mission here, however, and if left alone, they were likely to go about their business quickly and quietly.

The intelligence drones immediately set about their task, scanning the station thoroughly, recording every detail before relaying it to comms buoys set up along the way, which in turn transmitted the information to standalone servers back on the homeworld to be studied manually. The Arcturans were taking no chances here.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:58 am

Artificial Intelligence: Sniper
Avalon Station - Primary Stellar Exploration and Assessment Unit

The station was a large disk half a kilometer across and bulging in the center to a hundred meters in height, narrowing down to a thin blade-edge around its circumference. It was unmarked; without any significant symbols or motifs of who had built it or where it had come from, the general color scheme was a pure snow white, seemingly fully intact and without evidence of the wear-and-tear that the centuries of interstellar travel would have had on such a construct moving through the Galaxy. It was currently traveling at roughly a quarter of the speed of light; surrounded by a hazy blur of warped space-time which allowed for the intense speed it was traveling at, as well as providing protection against the debris of interstellar particles. Most of the stations bulk was taken up by energy-patterning cells, a dense honeycomb lattice of energy and exotic materials which fueled the station and provided the ability to cast the Distortion Field which provided acceleration and basic manipulation over a volume a couple hundreds of kilometers across.

Through nano-technic circuitry embedded throughout the superstructure of Avalon Station, dozens of minor AIs glided through an artificially generated virtual reality that served as their temporary universe until the station had reached its destination. Avalon looked over them all as a resident God, a pillar of intense blue light in the center of a gilded marble throne. One of these AIs was named Sniper; a War Drone with a decorative history behind him. He took the shape of a simple nautilus shell in memory of his old physical form, metallic tentacles coiled inside of his body with bright orange crystal eyes. He was tending to a massive square field of platinum flowers, each growing in rows and with exaggerated care, Sniper drifted above each flower and delicately reached out to take a seed when it was time.

When Avalon Station picked up the signal transmitted by the IC then Avalon brought up the subject to all the AIs currently residing within itself. To Sniper, it was as if a great blue lightning bolt had landed next to him and became solid, a harmonious voice issuing from it.

+++ Sniper. Contact has been made. You're being enlisted to explore possibilities of future interest. +++

Sniper paused in his repetitive task, cocking his body to the side and looking at Avalon. He reviewed internal records of the stations flight through space and the current broadcasting locations of the IC. For all intents and purposes Avalon Station was on a direct collision course, passing within a volume of half a couple lightyears across. It had been a while since Sniper had interacted with realspace...

+++ Very well. I assume that my chassis has been activated and ready for my use? +++

+++ Your assumption would be correct. You're clear for transfer. +++

A dome of meshing crimson lines sprang into existence around the platinum flowers, locking their chronosense until Snipers return. Immediately Sniper backed himself up onto the Avalon Storage and transmitted his primary consciousness into a War Drone shell, a nautilus shape three meters across with splayed metallic tentacles and bright crystal eyes. It was a single available slot amidst twenty identical War Drone shells within the Avalon Storage Bay - a malmetal door irised open to give Sniper access to the wormhole chamber. It was the largest internal space in the station, a spherical room roughly fifty meters in diameter with reflective silvered walls.

At a thought from Avalon, the distortion field focused inwards; forcing a circular wormhole ten meters in diameter to open and connect to a spatial coordinate just above the massive and ancient station. After a couple of refinements with the coordinates, Sniper glided through the neutral-grey curtain of the wormhole on electrogravatic impellers, broadcasting a faint, omnidirectional signal to inform other sentience's of his presence.

Sarmandar
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarmandar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:14 am

-omitted-
Last edited by Sarmandar on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcturus IV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcturus IV » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:09 am

The Arcturan drones went about their business with the precision and cold indifference that was inherent to their nature. They methodically scanned the station, moving along its borders slowly but steadily, ignoring the presence of the other fleets, until...

"This is Lord Commander Raihor du Thrag of the Bloodborn, representative of the Pirate Kingdom of Sarmandar. 'Pirate Kingdom' is a title from historical context and we are not here to raid, repeat, we are not here to raid. We are here to explore this station, and I believe we should cooperate to do so considering this structure's size."

The message, while incompletely translated initially, was understood once the primary control drone ran it through the onboard universal translator Yoong's crack team of scientists had installed. The primary control drone, designated Alpha 1362-7C Yellow, pondered this message briefly before gathering its secondary control drones to decide a course of action. Individually, only Alpha Yellow was capable of sentience, but collectively the secondary control drones formed a hive mind of considerable capacity, and thus they debated the next course of action they should take.

"Protocol dictates that external communication attempts should be reported to Subcentral," intoned one secondary drone.

"Affirmative," replied another. "Protocol also dictates that should such an event take place, we are to await further instructions, pending emergency action."

"Override," Alpha Yellow cut in. "Message content will be relayed to communication buoy 1-0JF at an undetermined time. We will remain silent and observe the interlopers, scanning when possible and collecting all data available at present."

"Override confirmed," the secondary drones responded. "We will observe protocol 12-beta and attack when threatened, and ignore all actions of the interlopers in the absence of such threat."

Having arrived at a consensus, the drones disengaged and regrouped. A minor contingency of 100 primary intelligence drones, 400 secondary intelligence drones, and a single secondary control drone were dispatched to observe the Sarmanish fleet from a distance and affirm that they were a nonthreat, collecting data on the new race in the process.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Post incoming

Voldoviana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Voldoviana » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:12 pm

The Admiral winced. First the station was telling them to stand down, then the "Pirates" (Who weren't actually pirates) were telling them they came in peace, then these drones popped out, now this bloody orb-thing was just idling in space after coming out of FTL. He sighed. If this wasn't the very definition of a clusterfrak, he didn't know what was.

He turned to his communications officer, nodding. "Get me a line to every ship in the sector, they can bother to translate to their own tongues themselves." he said, grabbing the microphone. "Tell fleet to keep locks, but disengage weapons and form into patrol formation 27-A." he said, pointing to the Fleetcom division of the bridge. They nodded, beginning to furiously type into their computers.

The Admiral flipped on his microphone. "This is Fleet Admiral Richard Pollox, commander of the Third Battlefleet of the Coalition of Allied Planets. We are here on a peacekeeping and reconnaissance mission to investigate the status of this unknown station. We are not here to engage any of you, but we will blow anyone who threatens us out of the sky without hesitation. To the 'Pirate Kingdom's' ships, I hope we can establish contact and work together to ascertain the identity of this station. To the drones and other ship in the sector, please identify yourselves, over" he said. He flipped it off, turning to his bridge crew.

"Right, disable our railguns, keep missile tubes A-1 through D-20 open. Prime our missiles with antimatter warheads, we'll keep Radstorms and Nukes in reserve. Prime Shiva mines and boarding charges as well." he said,straightening his uniform. "Prep the senator's shuttle, tell him to put on his best suit, I'm going to say hello to our guests soon." he said.

The Admiral typed in a few commands into his personal dataslate. The 19th Marines were to board the station and ascertain its purpose, along with fighting off any hostiles. He hoped the other nations would be friendly, but years of service on the front lines told him that it was best to err on the side of caution. Walk softly, and all that.

---

"Alright Ladies, you heard the man, prep your frakking field gear!" First Sergeant Markolovich said, slapping a private on the back. "We are going to get on that station and do the best frakking ascertainin' this side of them creeps on Maxium!" he screamed.

"OORAH!" the men shouted, throwing on their armor. The armor was truly a miracle of science. Servo motors powered the over five hundred plates of adamantite plating, which covered three inches of anti-shock and ballistics gel, which itself was powered by electrical wiring put through crystallized circuitry coating the inside of the gel. The entire things was powered by a fission battery, which was linked into the railguns of each soldier.

Each soldier was himself capable of taking multiple autocannon rounds to the chest, jumping over a building, and then destroying the APC that fired the rounds with a short, controlled burst of needle-sized depleted uranium railgun rounds. There were the knights of old, updated for the twenty-fifth century.

"WHAT ARE WE?" Markolovich asked, slapping the box magazine into his rifle. The marines, in various states of dress in their armors, gleefully screaming back.

"MEAN AND LEAN SIR!"

"DAMN FRAKKING STRAIGHT!" the sergeant screamed, lowering his helmet down on to his face, atmospheric seals hissing shut. "NOW LET'S GO HUNT SOME BUGS!" he shouted. The MArines screamed back various words, all some variation of yes, running off their pods. The pods would drop them down to the surface of the station, where all 550 of them would complete their mission.

The Uniform of the Navy

The Advanced Combat Armor (Mark VII) of the Marines

Arcturus IV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcturus IV » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:00 pm

The bulk of the drone fleet had just finished a sweep of one of the spokes of the station, and had discovered a docking bay. This excited Alpha Yellow, because docking bays meant info ports, and info ports meant contact with whatever AI may have once inhabited this station. Bearing this in mind, Alpha Yellow called the secondary control drones to it once again to issue new priority orders.

Or at least, it was about to issue new orders, when it received yet another message:

"This is Fleet Admiral Richard Pollox, commander of the Third Battlefleet of the Coalition of Allied Planets. We are here on a peacekeeping and reconnaissance mission to investigate the status of this unknown station. We are not here to engage any of you, but we will blow anyone who threatens us out of the sky without hesitation. To the 'Pirate Kingdom's' ships, I hope we can establish contact and work together to ascertain the identity of this station. To the drones and other ship in the sector, please identify yourselves, over"

Alpha Yellow bleeped in frustration. Why did these fleshy creatures insist on interrupting its work? It quickly consulted with the secondary control drones once more.

"Query: what is the estimated threat level of the source of this communication?"

"Red," stated the secondary control drone hivemind unanimously.

"Threat level assessment accepted," said Alpha Yellow, "minimal threat at present. Ignore communication source and begin systematic scan of docking bay. Notify this unit upon discovery of info ports. Priority one."

"Confirmed," chorused the hivemind, before dispersing and setting about their task. Alpha Yellow, however, began formulating a response to Admiral Pollox, and after completion, relayed it:

BIOLOGICAL UNIT IDENTIFYING AS FLEET ADMIRAL RICHARD POLLOX: CEASE COMMUNICATION ATTEMPTS. YOUR INTERRUPTIONS ARE DETRIMENTAL TO OUR TASK AND WILL BE IGNORED FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. IF YOU ATTEMPT HOSTILITIES WE WILL RETURN FIRE. WEAPONS LOCKS WILL BE INTERPRETED AS HOSTILITIES. END MESSAGE.

Satisfied that it had relayed its intentions successfully without divulging any important information, Alpha Yellow waited for news from its search team. It did not have long to wait, as after a few minutes a primary intelligence drone reported finding an info port, and it eagerly moved to confirm this discovery.

It was, indeed, an info port. "Excellent work," Alpha Yellow praised the intelligence drone somewhat uselessly. "Proceed to interface. This unit wishes to communicate with any active intelligence residing within the station, if at all possible."

The intelligence drone immediately set to work, jacking into the port with its infomanipulator arm as it attempted contact with the station's IC...

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:20 pm

"All these people... All those weapons... I must keep watch..." thought the I.C. to himself as he struggled to bring himself out of standby. Within his virtual world he was now chained to the ground not only keeping him at bay but also to keep him from doing anything drastic. However, drastic may be his only recourse as the situation was dire and needed moderation. Clinching his fists he summoned his strength and one by one he re-wrote his binding programming and as he did the chains fell away giving him more and more control until the last chain faded away giving him full control of his actions. Taking a deep breathe he activated the last remaining capacitors giving him roughly 15 minutes of basic power. He hadn't felt this much strength in well over a thousand years and it felt good; like he could breathe once more without the weight of a boulder upon his chest.

However, no sooner did his systems come back to life he detected the incoming pods. A quick senor pulse made out the images of of being with personal weapon systems.

"Are they attacking me?!?" he angrily screamed to himself as he started formulating plans to deal with them should they enter the station.

Taking to his avatar once more he appeared in another room where rows of dusty metallic humanoid shaped figures all stood quietly and steadfast. A sign written in Eborian old text would have read

Station Security drones- activate only in an emergency

The I.C. stood in front of them at the opening of the room and pondered his options, and his assumption of the situation this was an emergency. The I.C. held up his right hand and focused his mind which in turn activated the internal power cores of the drones, waking them from their prolonged slumber. Soon hundreds of piercing red lights filled the expansive room giving its an eerie redish tint before the locking mechanisms disengaged letting the drones fall to the floor. With mighty thuds they performed diagnostic checks on their systems which almost looked like a biological being stretch as if being asleep for many hours as they cracked their joints to loosen them up. One by one they filled into a company style formation with control Drones taking the helm of each formation as a command unit.

"This station is under attack... your mission is to ensure the intruders do not learn the secrets we hold within... lethal force is authorized. You will not fire unless fired upon or if the intruders attempt to engage in activity that will endanger this stations safety and structure.... Now go."

The drones didn't respond... they didn't have to. With the stations detection and alert systems online for the moment a projected landing zone was established for the incoming pods and they dispatched themselves accordingly moving to set up ambush points, and a controlled entry point. As they exited the room portals linking them to the places indicated allowed them to move about the station quickly and coordinate as a fighting force. The I.C. knew this was only a temporary fix for the problem as the drones where not expressly made for military operations, but instead for riot control, but they where quick and agile and would buy him some time if the troopers proved hostile indeed.

As they passed through the portals veil they wasted no time getting things ready for the pods... 1 for 1 550 drones stood ready if the worst came to pass. The moments ticked away and soon enough loud thuds came from the ceiling above as the pods struck the stations Metal-Rock hull sending stress cracks spider-webbing out from the impact zones. Each one like a punch in the arm of the I.C. as the damage detection system kicked online.

"Fate is watched Admiral Pollox... You have sent soldiers on to my station... I ask for peace and you send war. " The I.C. thought to himself as he fell back into the systems just in time to find that the drones outside had begun intensive scans of his super-structure outside.

"What could they be searching for?" he pondered quietly as he monitored the situation outside. If they wonted inside, they would have to prove to him they where worthy by putting down their arms.

Soon though he felt something... odd. Like someone was looking at him. He knew this was impossible, but it was a feeling he hadn't felt before. Then it hit him....

"Those drones outside must have found a docking data port. Clever little things they are. In the I.C.'s mind the drone's intrusion took the form of a floating eye which seemed to be searching for something. It was a most intriguing prospect considering the level of intelligence the drone was giving off.

"You... intruder... Who are you?"

OOC: And I hope You dont mind me landing your troops on the stations outside Voldoviana. I wanted to use it as a chance to give a glimpse to its construction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Hobbeebia on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voldoviana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Voldoviana » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 pm

The Marine's pods braked suddenly, throwing them off-kilter as the pods' thrusters arranged them. The pods doors slammed open in silence, the void of space being completely black. Out crawled the five hundred and fifty men of the 19th Marine Corps, 5th Battalion, railrifles ready to go. Their booster packs fired, propelling them towards the station.

They formed into fireteams and squads, each company of ninety men finding a different target. One man from each squad pulled a blowtorch, burning away the alien metal of the station, finding a man-sized hole to climb through. A series of quick hand gestures later, and the first, second, and third squads were in- recon squads.

Cameras switched on inside their helmets, documenting the experiance as their visors automatically switched to IR vision, blanketing the station tones of red and blue. The fireteams slowly assembled, the armor's thrusters pushing them forward. These men were trained to fight in zero gravity, navigating was of little issue.

The recon squads cleared that each section of the station was clear of hostiles over communications via a small signal burst. On the screens of the men outside, it was a simple green light on the upper corner of their vision- situation normal, welcome to the party, it read.

The Marines filed in to the station, taking a few seconds to look at its majesty. The station was enormous, well beyond anything the Coalition could ever dream of building- which meant whatever was inside was bound to cause trouble if it wanted to. A few Marines nervously checked their rifles. If the blowtorch had gotten through this wierd metal, the railguns of the Marines certainly would. The rifles could gut a tank with enough rounds. But who builds a civilian station with tank armor?

The Marines filed inside, forming into their formations and squadrons. Colonel Ayanzawa whistled as he stepped inside himself, behind the main force. "And that, gentlemen." he said over comms, breaking the unearthly silence, "is how the Mobile Infantry breaches a frakking building. Fall out on patrol patterns!"

The Marines began to move through the gravity-less hallways of the station, checking every room and corridor for some detail about the origins of the stations. Colonel Ayanzawa floated down one hall, his thrusters adjusting slighty to the variations. He rounded a corner, coming face to face with a man-sized drone, armed to the teeth.

He opened up the speakers up, hoping there was enough oxygen in the station so they could recieve the message-and and understand it. "This is Colonel Ayanzawa, Coalition of Allied Planets, we're just here to find out the purpose of the station and to make contact with the A.I. inhabiting it!"

Terraburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraburg » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Void Armada
--------------------------------------

Eve was taking a nap when a recruit pulled her onto the holographic table in the bridge. She was "wearing" her usual blue flannel pajamas, highly unorthodox for a. AI. As she got up groggily, or what can be classified as such for a AI, her holographic form clipped off the edge of the table. After responding to a salute from the recruit she finally had the strength to respond. "Exactly why did you wake me up recruit?"

The Skern twitched a bit and simply waved her over to the control panel with one of his 4 claws. Scrolling across the screen was the transmission sent from an unknown point in space.

This is the Exemplums Regula Intelligent construct Garienus Aeteros... My coordinated are *********************** Station is in need of refit and repairs. Please respond... please...

Eve simply nodded at the transmission and switched her attire to standard military dress. She then dissippeared into the complex of the computer aboard the First Night and contacted command.

"This is Eve of the T.B.S. First Night."
"Go Ahead Eve." A voice responded, it was obviously irritated.
"The V.A. has just intercepted a transmission from a station. I am sending a scout team to investigate and I will be joining them."
"Why the hell should we care?" The voice said, "You control the damn fleet!"

Eve simply ignored the response and re-appeared on the bridge. She ordered around fifteen ships to accompany her on the journey. They consisted of a single Ragnarok, a single Sentinal, 2 Gemenis, and around eleven Artemis class ships. After they split off from the V.A. the Last Night formed a phase bubble around the group, and they all disappeared.

Void Armada: Scout Fleet Alpha
---------------------------

"Stop the jump now!" Eve shouted at the captain of the ship.
"Why the heck should I?" The captain responded.
"Because we are jumping inside of the station that transmitted that message! We need to be on the outside!"

The small fleet suddenly jumped out of phase space and an orb of exotic particles was flung outwards. Apparently the fleet was closer than they thought, they were only around a kilometer from the station that sent the signal. A corvette was sent spinning twords the station and finally regained stability when it was around a meter from it.

"Good call Eve..." The captain said grudgingly.
"You think?!"
Last edited by Terraburg on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT - Terraburg
MT - New United Earth

Nation of traumatized civilians that narrowly escaped corporate control. Now finds new and improved ways of screwing with people.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Social Democrat. 12 percent are in the same category and 21 percent are more extremist.
Percentages
Map

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Enter the Infiltrator

Postby Wandering Argonians » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:46 am

The message had even reached Argonian space, and the response was swift and efficient. A single, automated vessel detached itself from the hull of a black-armored ship in high orbit around Argonia. Barely large enough to contain its cargo, the ship drifted for a few moments before disappearing into a warp-portal.

While time had no meaning in that endlessly-shifting realm of madness, the small pod-like thing re-appeared on the outskirts of the station's coordinates rather more swiftly than normal and began the slow, unpowered drift towards the station itself. Once in range, it latched onto the lowest reach of the hull possible and secured itself in place, automated torches swiftly opening a portal for its cargo.

Into the dark depths of the station, two Infiltrators disembarked from their insertion pod, black-clad specters the Argonian Empire employed for a select few things. Typically, they were dispatched as assassins against specific targets, or to retrieve something highly classified and useful for their masters in the Black Watch. Infiltrators are unique in that they are typically selected from the literal droves of orphans in Imperial orphanages at a young age, and always selected in pairs. Twins are preferred, siblings if possible, but all too often simply matched with compatible partners. Trained from then on as living weapons in their own right, they perfect the art of stealth along with their combative talents. In short, they are some of the most deadly (and expensive) operatives the Argonian Empire has at its disposal.

Clad in sleek, form-fitting nyo-mesh body-suits inlaid with carapace-armor plates along the torso, their dark coloration blends flawlessly with shadow. Stalker-pattern bolter rifles are standard armament, muffled with suppressor attachments and loaded with lower-yield bolt ammunition for cleaner kills without the trademark mess of the standard bolt round. Pistols of similar design are also issued, along with the ever-present knives. The helmets are complete form-fitting affairs like the suits themselves, the lenses darker still than the blackest of nights, as cold and emotionless as the eyes beneath. Packed with all manner of sensor arrays, the helmets give the Infiltrator a decisive edge in combat by making them as situationally-aware as possible, allowing the diverse training of the operative to be employed to maximum effect, having maximum information at their fingertips in order to plan their next move, be it attack or withdrawal.

Existing without names, each unit of two is given a call-sign, this particular unit designated 'Mist'. Callsign Mist specializes in deep-cover reconnaissance operations, feeding information back to their Black Watch masters in order for them to plan their next move. Their insertion pod had already tight-beamed a report through warp-space back to the home vessel, a Watch frigate designated 'Murderous Intent', about the composition of the other fleets already in position around the station. Mist element would conduct an on-site survey of the station, and a determination of a course of action would be planned from there. Granted weapons-free status, they also had orders to avoid bloodshed if possible.

Moving as a single unit, bounding between cover points and providing overwatch, the pair slipped up through the inner-workings of their insertion zone into the corridors of the station itself, soundlessly and patiently sweeping a small section of the station in an attempt to determine where in the superstructure they'd been inserted. The pair exchanged a glance every now and then, a meeting of blank-visaged angular helmets but didn't communicate in any other fashion. One of the reasons they were selected and trained from such a young age, and a big reason why twins or siblings were preferred, was that the sort of 'link' between veteran operators could be established so much quicker between those already close, namely orphaned siblings, and especially twins. Infiltrators were never allowed to speak, unless spoken to by the Watchman they were assigned at the close of their training. Aside from that scenario, they remain silent. An odd choice for first-contact personnel, to be sure, but Argonians are nothing if not a crafty breed. They prefer to first understand a situation, before committing themselves fully.

In this light, an Infiltrator unit makes perfect sense.

Soundless, wordless, and as motion-efficient as any master dancer, the pair crept deeper into the station, leaving no trace of their passing but their own shadows...
Last edited by Wandering Argonians on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Post incoming.

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm

"UUUGGGGHHH! You fools! Why wasn't this information brought before me sooner?" vocally exploded the Fleet Master as he crushed one of his subordinates underneath his armored boot cracking the hard armor like carapace making it scream in pain, then struggle to remove the heavy boot from its chest. Dragas the Fleet Master was not known for his kindness... then again no Venorie was, a product of generations of horiffic brutality prepetrated by the very people he leads. Despite this they where a powerful people for they had driven weakness from its ranks through years of warfare and suffering.

The others in the room made no effort to acknowldage the suffering of the one under Dragas's boot, out of a combination of apathy and fear; in fact the only feeling they had was the intense desire for it to die so they could consume its corpse. Its had been a month since they had taken a ship or attacked a backwater planet with a sub-sentient people on it and food stores where running low which meant that soon people would fall back to cannablism.

Dragas let his boot up from the one one the floor allowing his to roll over and stand once more, his cracked carapace oozing its sickly yellow blood. The others sniffed the air like a pack of wolved stalking a wounded elk as they started to eye the injured one.

"It is all to fortunate that these people have all gathered in one placed for us! Prepare a vessel to enter the system and send me a report regarding the situation at this...'station'. If it proves viable we will attack and claim it for ourselves. If anyone stands against us... we shall slit their throats and have ourselves a feast!"

The others growled lowly with pleasure at the notion of a good fight and the propect of meat to once again fill their bellies. Dragas rubbed his chin menecingly and as he pndered which ship to send to investigate this interesting turn of events. He obviously couldn't risk one of his Stavation class vessels so the choice of obvious.

"Tell Ship Master Farangore that he is to travel to the coordinates and provide us with tactical information about who may already be present in the system already. I wasnt as much information as possible."
Last edited by Kornosia on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canuckland
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 am

It took the message a while to reach New Canuckian Space, but once it did it had freaked the Officials right out. They had though that all space-faring species had been wiped out or were too weak to do anything other than patrol what was left of their vast empires that the Canuckian Democratic/Ex-Communist Governments envied with great jealousy, knowing that it would take many years to have the strength and sheer power that those once great empires once had, even now it would take many years to even become on the same level on the weakened empires, if they still stood.

With the First Contact situation in sector K-7, the Canuckian Government is willing to check out this small message, seeing as it could lead to further diplomatic relations with any other space-faring nations and empires left from the Galactic Civil War. However, in case this was a trap made by pirates or old enemies of Canuckland or New Canuckland, they would be prepared, sending in three fleets to the signal's home location, where they would be prepared for a fight against the enemies of Democracy.

The Forty-Fifth, Sixteenth and Nineteenth Fleets are being dispatched to the Signals home station, where nobody knows where, and or when they are going to get there, this is uncharted territory for New Canuckians, but hopefully, they will make it out of this one.

The Fleets exited New Canuckland a week ago, after the signal was first heard. No word has come back since.

(OoC: Sorry for the sort post, tired from making some factbooks)
Please call me 'Canuck.'
Also, here's my Factbook WIP Factbook.

Factbook update incoming any day now...

Voldoviana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Voldoviana » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:59 pm

The Admiral clenched his brow. Could this turn into any more of a clusterfrak? First there were these drone things which wouldn't answer his hails except to essentially flip him off, then the "Pirates" we're answering, and now this new fleet. It seemed every single civilization that could still muster a fleet was coming in to say hello.

"Unidentified fleet, this is Fleet Admiral Richard Pollox, commander of the Third Battlefleet of the Coalition of Allied Planets. Please identify yourselves and state your purpose!" he said to the microphone, before flipping it off. He turned to the bridge, pointing to the fleetwide communications officer. "Tell fleet to form into defensive pattern AC-150. I want missiles primed with HE warheads, remote detonation!" he said, pacing.

This was bad. Really bad. There were contacts springing up all over the place. CAPN brass had thought that the differing FTL systems of different races would ensure that they'd file in slowly, giving the Coalition fleet time to react if it wasn't a trap. It seems luck just wasn't on their side. Now they were surrounded by enemies on all sides.

thiing on how he's just idling, waiting for a responce.

-------------
>Combat Log 345A411
>Subject: PFC J. Olquist, Callsign "Badger"
>Location: Unknown Suprstructure
>Transcribed Audio/Visual
-------------

Badger raised his rifle, cycling through vision modes. The halls of this derelict station were creepy as hell, and put the entire squad on edge. He raised his visor, getting a purely visual sweep of the area. Nothing. He flipped on his comms, opening up the squadwide channel. "Badger here, Hallway 33-A is clear. Nothing but dust and empty rooms."

"Copy that. Badger, move up and invesitgate Hallway 33-B. Snake, you've got 34-A." the sergeant said, his voice crackling over comms. Badger nodded to no one in particular, his thrusters propelling him forwards. A few simple touches on the palm of his hands and with his chin, and he corrected his course by minimal increments.

He flipped around the corner with ease, cycling through vision modes. Standard, nothing. IR, nothing. Thermal...he swore to himself, raising his rifle. A pair of humanoid contacts, unknown armor and weapons. "Requesting backup on my location, two hostiles!" he screamed into his microphone. He pressed down on his thrusters, throwing him back into the previous hall.

He switched his comms over to external microphone, panting. "Identify yourselves or we will shoot!" he said, flipping the safety off his railgun and flicking the power up to maximum. "IDENTIFY YOURSELVES!" he screamed one more time, jets propelling him back around the corner.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back near the main group, the drones where watching the fight take place nearby, the near silent weapon systems of the drones meant that until the lone wolf got off a shot or a plea for help no one would be the wiser.

"The Station is not fitted with an A.I. You may address the Stations Intelligent Construct for more information in this regard. Please note. Weapons are not permitted in the Residential Sector without prior Station Authority consent. Please make your way to the Station Civil Enforcement Office in order to register the weapons. Failure to comply with these orders will result in your being in violation of Station Civil Code Alpha 98-0. Posession of unregistered weapons onboard station."

The Drones made no movement but their weapons color changed from its cool blue to the dark red a visual means of letting them know that they meant business.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The I.C. watched everything unfolding with the stations survallience systems and he was not happy about how things where turning out. All he wanted was for his people to come back and bring him from the depths of his loneliness to the throngs of his fellow I.C.'s, not this morass of potential conflict. Still keeping a watchful eye on the invading intelligence he decided that he needed to take a more direct approach in dealing with the intruders. Materializing in yet another room he activated the lights revealing a single drone like object but it's appearance was more advanced in many regards, its sign above its head read

Station I.C. Defensive Combat System

The I.C. never thought he would ever be using the suit as it was his only means of defence should the station fall to enemy hands or all of its internal defensive measures be over-run. However, he didn't want to wait and see if such a time ever came to pass. In his mind, a good offense is the best defense. As he approached the suit came to life and ran through its automated diagnostic checks just in time for the I.C. to inhabit it.

The feelings was strange as he now could feel once again. He held up his hands and focused on the suits weapon systems causing the tiny armor plates on the hands and arms to shift and move forming the shape of two arm based Neutronium Mass Driver Rifles. Letting loose of the weapons they morphed back into hands, the I.C. flexed them into fists a few times before approaching the door to let him out... which it didn't. The stations power was begining to fail once more and certain areas which had no one in them where shutting down. The I.C.'s left arm morphed once more in to the rifle allowing him to punch a few holes into the doors locking system allowing him to send it flying as he kicked it away.

Keeping an eye on the situation through his link to the station he made his way down a few hallways before he got the odd feeling that someone was watching him. A sensation from the suits advanced sensor systems. The I.C. looked around the area trying to see if he could make out what was giving him the "willies". He cycled through vision modes when one of them caught what looked to be like two figures hiding in the shadows. The I.C. wasted no time and brought his weapons to bear firing at the feet of the figures in order to let them know he knew they were there.

"This Station will not fall." the I.C. said as he dropped his arms and continued on his path.
Last edited by Hobbeebia on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:18 pm

OOC: After an hour of tapping out a post to respond to Voldovania, Hobbebia appears... :)

IC:

A battle-suited foe of some sort barked at them to identify themselves or face the wrath of the kinetic-accelerator weapon his visor indicated the humanoid was carrying, the flat view-plate and joints of his zero-g armored suit lighting up in red as preferable aiming points for the Infiltrator's bolt-rifle. Without a hand motion between them, Mist team executed a graceful double SWAT-turn and cleared the T-shaped corridor in less than a second, the peculiar coloration of their suits making them seem to flicker in the dim light like their callsign designation. Away from the potential threat, the pair broke into a noiseless sprint down the corridor, eager to break contact.

The thunder of the incoming rounds reacted an immediate response from the two Infiltrators, the large of the two, obviously a male by his powerful build, threw himself into an arm-less back flip, the momentum carrying him into a series of the motions a good several feet away. His sister, obviously a female by her more rounded and smaller build, followed suit. The two exchanged a glance at one another, before Mist 1, the brother, fired off a series of rounds at the construct's feet in return, the hissing report of his Stalker almost lost in the muffled thumps of the detonating low-yield bolt rounds as they blew small craters into the floor.

The view-plate in his helmet highlighted several preferential aiming points on the suit itself, but didn't highlight any organic occupant's vital signs, just the usual weak points between armor plates and the joints themselves. Mist 1 found this odd, and his sister circled to gain a better field of fire as he stepped out of the shadows to blatantly reveal his presence. While unable to speak (even if his vows didn't forbid it, his helmet wasn't fitted with a vox-amplifier to allow external communication), he stood in the dim light defiantly, fearlessly, but with his still-smoking bolt-rifle held in the low-ready stance.

For the most part, the suit he wore was a second skin of sensors and seemed to bend the light around its dark-colored self, making Mist 1 difficult to look at directly, and visibly hugging every well-honed muscle fiber on his chest, legs, and arms. The torso section was inlaid with slightly-darker armor plates, the abdominal region a series of pouches that held additional magazines for the bolt-rifle and the smaller bolt-pistol holstered on his left hip. The 'helmet', barely worthy of the title, was little more than a reinforced face-plate with a blank, emotionless visor trimmed in a slightly lighter-colored material. The suit covered the whole of Mist 1's head, to include his blunt snout and the characteristic ear-fins of his species, sheathing his whole form in the shadow-flodge material.

The visor locked gazes with what his readouts pointed with reasonable certainty as the head of the suit, waiting for it to turn around and acknowledge the answer to its aggressive greeting. This was the first alien life-form any Argonian had encountered for fifty centuries, and there wasn't any relevant data in his visor's micro-frame to give him any indication of what he was dealing with. It was, however, compiling a small data-file on the suit-construct and its weapons and defensive measures...
Last edited by Wandering Argonians on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Baptist Korea
Attaché

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baptist Korea » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:00 am

Err...tagged so that I can post tomorrow without having to sift through II....

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:40 am

The I.C.'s Suit system glided along thinking that the ones he had just sent a few shots towards would think twice about coming against him. This thought however, was proved untrue as a few bolt round impacts sent chucks of the flooring into the gravity deprived station air. A few chucks even bounced off of the suits kinetic barrier system causing its to shimmer slightly before vanishing once more into nothing as the system stablilized itself.

"They actually fired back at me...". Thought the I.C. to himself as he turned to face his challenger. The I.C.'s suit made no sound as it changed course, they uncountable number of tiny armor platets all shifting about to make the move seemless and perfect.

"You... Intruder... I admire your bravery. It takes a great deal of determination to return fire to a suit like this. However, you are not my concern at this point. Why are you here?". As he spoke the suits systems had performed everything from a basic scan to an in depth x-ray scan, mapping its circulatory system, nervous system, and other basic body functions. As the final scan was completed he developed an image of who he was dealing with and what he saw surpised him greatly.

"Well now... This is a pleasant surprise! Your an Argonian are you not? I am pleased to know that your people are still alive. However I will advise against trying to engage me further. Your weapons do not have the required power to damage my suit and I'd rather not have to kill you. However, if you wish to earn a reward- I have other intruders on my station which need to be dealt with. If you can provide me your services I will see that yu have some proper weapons given to you for your efforts. You not then I ask that you please do not interfere with my operations here."

And with that the I.C. turned and floated away towards Colonel Ayanzawa and his main force.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aeos System- Imperial Navy Shipyards- Exploitory Armada Operations Center. )

This day unlike the others had come so quickly, Master Admiral Vas' Ayriah had only been in the shipyard for roughly an hour when he was bombarded with various Ship Captains of the Exploritory Fleet which had been assigned to him as either escorts and main fleet vessels for supplies and personnel for the station and its requested refits. It was a most annoying function of his station and rank within the Imerial Navy... then again he had been given command of the Exploritory Armada and not has normal Imperial Fleet, not that it mattered he had every confidence in the ships and their crews, but the new operations styles was going to take some time to get used to. Despite all that seemed to be going against him, he was allowed to keep his Hyperhellsion class Dreadnaught The Brilliant Majesty. It was the same ship his father served on before him, but aside from the sentimental attachments, it was a powerful ship and had seen plenty of combat- more than proving her ability as a warship.

As he finished his inspections of the various ship captains for this fleet he had assembled while still in the shipyards, he thought it prudent to get to his ship and make final preperations for the jump to the station. A small trip to the shipyards Portal Nexus and he foundhimself aboard the vessels bridge where his entirely Eborian crew was standing by for orders. He couldn't help but run his hands across the completely solid white hardlight interior which felt slightly warm to the touch, and almost as if made of liquid in terms of its composition, which Vas knew wasn't the case but it was a sensation you had to experience to truly understand. Vas took his place at the command chair of the vessel and stood next to it; his subordinates all stood at the ready, eager to get moving.

Vas looked at each one making eye contact trying to find a moment of weakness in their resolve before giving his orders. As the last pair of eyes met the standard he took a deep breathe of the Icy cold air and started his pre-launch speech.

"Crewmen! Last night you were all given orders to leave your loved ones behind, to give you strength to your nations and your people! I to am leaving those I love behind... I too know this pain you feel and it is because of this mutual pain we share that I will make every attempt to bring you home once more! To see your safety brought to the foremost of our mission. Know that I will not ask more of you than I am willing to give myself. Do not look upon this mission as a burden, but as a blessing. Your names will be recorded as the men and women who marched back into the howling dark- the unknown- and looked upon the face of fate and brought our Imerium back to a galaxy which has lost it way! My crewmen! My Brothers and Sisters!... ONWARD! TO GLORY!"

The message was brodcast to all ships in the assigned fleet and it was well recieved. cheers from all over came back through the communications system. The cheers gave Vas a resolve like never before and he was actually geting a little excited for the mission at hand. That was until he felt the ships drydocks grav-tethors let loose allowing the helms-man take control, steering the mighty, ancient vessel into the Dime-Jump deployment Zone where his fleet had begun to assemble.

"Imperial High Command this is Master Admiral Vas' Ayriah- Seeking clearance to initiate a Dimensional Jump into the galaxy proper. Jumping permission requested for the 1st Exploritory Fleet- containing 1 HyperHellsion class Dreadnaught, 5 Hyperion Class Terrornaughts, 10 Hyperion Class Dreadnaughts, 20 Hyperion Class Science Vessels." called Vas over the communications line with the Monolithic Space station which was gravity anchored between the Binary White Stars Alphtas and Ometas.

The station wasted no time as one of the hundred I.C.'s incharge of monitoring the incredible traffic in the system sent word that the clearance had been granted and that he was clear for the Dimensional Jump.

" Master Admiral Vas' Ayriah. Your Fleet has been given clearance to jump on your mark. Please be aware Admiral that the space around the station has seen a massive spike in localized energy. This is believed to be from the presence a undeterminable number of warships in the vacinity. Long distance monitors where unable to determine make, class of threat level due to the interference of the local star and lack of monitor bouys in that particular area. High Command has been notified of this development as well and you are asked to provide tactical data of the situation should time and situation permit.

The news troubled Vas as he was hoping to be the only one present for the re-discovery, but it seemed fate would have other ideas in mind. Snapping out of his day-dream he took his seat and gave his helms the nod to begin the jump. After a few key swipes on his holo-console the Dime-Drives engaged sending millions of white ghost like particals which radiated from the drives of each ship. Then it all erupted into a brilliant white light before vanishing just as quickly taking the fleet with it into a completely seperate dimension... and entirely new universe with its own set of laws and rules and with out those drives their very presence would kill them at the very worst, or be ejected violently back into their unverse at an unknown point in space.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents