NATION

PASSWORD

[FT] A Race Against Time [Char. RP - IC Thread - Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

[FT] A Race Against Time [Char. RP - IC Thread - Closed]

Postby Meritocratic States » Wed May 15, 2013 10:01 pm

This thread is reserved for the members who signed up:
Interest Thread
OOC Discussion

Docking Bay C-6, New Santa Elva Spaceport,
Planet Midway, Federal Capital Region,
Alliance of Meritocratic Systems Space

Within an closed hangar docked a 150 metre warship, the newest generation of stealth frigate-class designed for covert infiltration and deep space reconnaissance. Scurrying about, a platoon of aerospace technicians performed final checks on the light refraction plates. They are also installing the last piece of cutting edge weapon system in the vessel, the Mark 89 Directed Positron Energy Cannon, playfully named as "Gungnir" by the techs who designed and manufactured the so-called "brass knuckles" of the frigate. Days before, they installed AIKA, the ship's resident AI into the fifth quantum blue-box of the ship. The AI has made itself home and created its own avatar using the quantum blue-box. AIKA's interface is an avatar resembles its creator, Dr. Hannah Langston during her early years working on Artificial Intelligence.

Docking Bay C-6 is restricted to military spacecraft only, requiring level 5 security clearance from the Ministry of National Defense or from the SSDF. It is also a military garrison of the spaceport, with a platoon of SSDF marines guarding the entrances and exits of the spaceport as the area is considered as Intergalactic Space.

The Alliance is still in mourning after the two important members of the Parliament. The Director of National Intelligence and the Undersecretary of the National Defense Council were found murdered in the Director's office. Investigators from within the government suspect that Terra Firma has something to do with it. They suspected that the last searches made by the suspended Investigative Commission dug too deep.

Arriving at the docks, Lieutenant Commander Natalya N'Soni watched the SkyTaxi she rode from flew off. She recently arrived from the SSDF Fleet Command back in the Alliance Capital Planet of Zerhn, briefed about her new command after a six year tenure as the Third Officer aboard the MAS Wunderkind, the flagship of the Alliance SSDF Navy. She walked towards the hangar, entering the control centre. A young human lieutenant approached her as Natalya walked towards the control centre. She offered to take the luggage Natalya has to the captain's quarters. Nodding, the blue-skinned Lieutenant Commander gave the lieutenant her luggage.

Watching the lieutenant enter the ship, Natalya rubbed the back of her head and entered the control room. Inside, more aerospace engineers and SSDF officers worked about, manning computer stations calling requisitions department for things needed.
"Lieutenant Commander." an Rear Admiral walked towards her, offering a hand to shake "Nice to finally meet you."

As she was about to shake his hand, a mass accelerated round bore through the Admiral's head. Blood and grey matter splattered across the control centre as a Tsikenthi Terra Firma operative dropped out of stealth mode and began opening fire at the other personnel in the room. Hell all of a sudden broke out of the hangar, several more Terra Firma operatives dropped out of stealth mode and began to attempt to steal the Arcadia Voyager. Within seconds, the marines dashed in the docking bay. Opening fire at the marines and the engineers, a lone operative enters the ship through the shuttle bay doors.

Natalya ducked to the engineer's station as the Admiral's head was shot. Pulling out her sidearm, she popped up and killed the operative. "Tend to the wounded! Lock the door after I go!" she pulled the slide and ran towards the door. Natalya exited the control room and watched the SSDF Marines fight off the Terra Firma operatives. Seeing the entry arm, she dashed towards the ship, ready to fight defend the command deck.

OOC: Feel free to jump in, signed up peoples. You can enter from either the during the attack or after the engagement.
This nation is now being retired.
Good-night, sweet prince.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 am

Mira was practicing on the simulation when the perimeter breach alter went off in her headset. Three a single long beep followed by a short-long-short, than three quick beep-beep's told her enough, an identified intruder had entered the docking bay. the code was simple if you knew enough of the ship's interior to be able to navigate learning the "beep" system wan't hard.

Turning of the simulation and quickly jogging off to here personal quarters to grab her side arm and to slip on some light armor. Soon after another perimeter breach alert went of this time it was Natalya, being skipper she had her own tune. she felt micro-vibrations in the ship as the bay doors closed, good it's trapped time to teach some little bugger why you don't intrude a Rakton's ship.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Qoria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qoria » Thu May 16, 2013 6:19 am

Gru-Rak was examining the weapons in the main battery. These guns were...different. Mass accelerator cannons, directed positrons...even the Qore didn't have any weapons like this. The particle beam arrays were slightly more familiar, as the Qore used them and narrow-beam lasers as primary space weapons. Gru-Rak had been operating weapons like these since he was 14, and the principles were familiar to him, even if the exact design of the weapons were not. As for the others, well he'd just have to work them out. Perhaps if they proved effective, the Qore could make use of them.

Gru pulled up the schematic of the experimental Mark 89 DPE cannon. If he was going to be in charge of the ship's main weapon, he'd better learn everything he could about it. He'd just started to read when an alarm went off. Putting down his plans, Gru hurried out the battery room. Ahead of him a Terra Firma terrorist left stealth mode and fired at him. Leaping to one side, Gru looked around him for a weapon. Not finding one, he rushed the man, who fired again, striking the Qore in the shoulder. Ignoring the wound, Gru-Rak grabbed the Tsikenthi by the throat. Throwing him against the wall, Gru turned his back, swinging his tail in a deadly arc. There was a thud as the heavy spiked bone crushed the Tsikenthi's skull. Gru checked to make sure his opponent was dead, then gripped his shoulder. He remembered that the ship had a good medical facility, but he couldn't remember where it was. Shaking his tail clean, he walked off in search of the clinic.
10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels.
2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, military spending recently hit a new high.
2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
5 days ago: Qoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
6 days ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.

Oogium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Thu May 16, 2013 6:44 am

Oogworld
Archer Tower

Sd'dar was walking briskly along one of the many skybridges that connected Oogworld's gigantic towers. The ground was mostly obscured by a mixture of low clouds, smog, smoke, and vog, so all he could see if he looked straight was towers stabbing up proudly from the filth below. He was feeling a bit stressed. He had been assigned to a new group, totally different assignment. He was now studying "Terra Firma", a terror organization mostly operating in the Meritocratic Systems that was making quite a name for itself, startlingly quickly. He was (of course), still expected to be working on his previous project, finalization of a glaser prototype. I hate our bureaucracy. But now they had reports that a top-secret Meritocratic Systems facility had been attacked, a Rear Admiral killed. They also had reports of a base appearing on COLMIN P-687b, a world slated for colonization in about three years, and he had a nasty suspicion that Terra Firma was using that base. Now he was assigned to some Meritocratic team that was going to attack Terra Firma. It was the stupidest thing he'd heard in his life. But he was currently marching into Archer Tower, which housed Oogworld's- and the Empire's- largest space elevator, which would take him to his ship, which he had been authorized to load with the glaser. If it worked well, it would begin to replace plasma rays over the next ten years.

Oogworld
High Orbit
2 Hours Later

Sd'dar yawned as he grabbed his suitcase. The intercom blared about "Military Flight 6105 to AMS, now boarding", so he stood up and got in line to board. As a Spec Ops officer, he got a first-class cabin, and since he was on it, it was an express flight. There were only a few other Spec Ops officers on board, as well as a couple of Imperial Intelligence spies, so no regular military. Sd'dar walked through the airlock, down three stories on the big passenger ship, then moved one door down the large hallway and turned to his right. He went inside and threw his things on his bed. A few minutes later, the ship separated, and then he felt the familiar vibrations as it entered slipspace.

Ai'ya'tyr Sector
Just off New Santa Elva Spaceport
Approximately 15 hours later

Sd'dar woke up. The flight had been very short, as they were using a much newer slipspace drive. He collected his things, and moved to the airlock, which opened obligingly. He walked quickly put into the spaceport. Apparently this was the place where some Admiral had been shot.

(OOC: I wanted him to arrive in one post, if that screws things up, I'm sorry)
Last edited by Oogium on Thu May 16, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My entire nation is being revamped, which gives me more room for

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mom! I found a space krill! Can we keep it? Pleeeaaase?

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu May 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Sethoni Greslium
Docking Bay C-6, New Santa Elva Spaceport,

Sethoni had just arrived at the station when the alarm started to go off. Shit, that cant be good. At least I have clearance to get to Docking Bay C-6. Sethoni quickly found a spot to put on his armor and quickly rushed to the hanger where he was met by gun fire. Sethoni quickly took cover and pulled out his weapon and started to fire on the insurgent bastards. "Hey, how the hell did they get in here?" Asked Sethoni as he looked at a marine next to him and then got up and popped a few rounds into one of the agents and ducked back down. Why do these guys always pop up at the worst places. Here, the homeworld, the galaxy. Who the hell made these guys, We just need to protect the ship and cut these guys down.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Thu May 16, 2013 2:31 pm

NPC:
Marine Gunnery Sergeant Lin-Shan Yun,
4th Marine Fire-Team, 34th Midway Marine Garrison

Gunnery Sergeant Lin-Shan Yun has been suppressing the Terra Firma operatives with the rest of the platoon. She has managed to take out two operatives already and her fire-team is down to half strength. She was about to pop out and open fire when a voice caught her attention.

"Hey, how the hell did they get in here?" a Terliran barked at her.

Slightly irritated by the foreigner's attitude, she yelled back, "How the fuck should I know?!" she replied, ejecting a thermal clip and slapped a new one "Our intelligence and communications networks here in Midway are still being rebuilt since these assholes began terrorizing the Alliance Council and Colony Worlds! We have never seen anything this intense since the Two-Power War two centuries ago!"

Peeking up, she saw the Tsikenthi Terra Firma operatives opening fire at the marines and engineers. "From our observations, they seem to be using stealth nano-suits similar to our own." she looked at the Terliran, sighing a little "They might have gotten in from one of the transports, from where? I don't even know."

MAS Arcadia Voyager, Challenger-class Stealth Frigate
Docking Bay C-6, New Santa Elva Spaceport
Lt. Commander Natalya N'Soni, Commanding Officer

"The Commanding Officer is aboard." the VI reported as she walked inside. A few paces in, Natalya heard another voice: "Warning: Unscheduled engine warm-up procedures started." AIKA's computerized voice rang out "Enabling internal firewall countermeasures."

Natalya holstered her sidearm and approached an AIKA console and activated it "AIKA, status report."

A holographic avatar of AIKA appeared in front of N'Soni. Looking up at her, AIKA blinked, looking distressed at the Rumali "Commander, there is an intruder at the CIC. I am unable to lock him out from the control interface in time. However I have successfully lock him out of offensive and defensive systems."
"Anyone alive in the CIC?"
"There were only aerospace engineers in the CIC, the bridge officers are not aboard."
"Damn." Natalya shook her head "I'm going in." she walked to a weapons cache and activated it.

The wall paneling swiveled and revealed several mass accelerator assault rifles and pistols. Natalya activated the magnetic holsters on the back of her uniform and she placed a rifle on her back. Swiveling the weapons cabinet back to its normal position, Natalya made her way to the CIC in the third level. Pressing a call button to the turbolift, another lone Tsikenthi operative opened fire at her from one end of the corridor.

Pulling out her DE-141 assault rifle from her back holsters, Natalya watched it unfurl and began to open fire. Sending mass accelerated slugs towards the operative and killing him. A round grazed her thigh, tearing through the uniform material, spraying bluish blood on the carpeted corridor floor. She rolled towards the turbolift that arrived in time. Spraying some medi-gel on the wound with her tactical pack she got from the weapons locker, she sighed in relief as the medi-gel began anesthetize the gunshot wound. She also felt the bio-plasm tightened its grip on the skin, not wanting to let it go.

Exiting at the third deck, she came across the ship's new pilot. According to her records, she is Mira Adrianna Fey, a mercenary and a skilled pilot from Raktion. Limping slightly, she spoke towards the pilot "You must be the new pilot, Mira was it?" she exhaled, exhausted by the short walk that Natalya perceived as a long one. "Happy for you to be here, though I hoped it would be under better circumstances."
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu May 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Sethoni Greslium

"Hey, I was just asking! You don't have to be a bitch!" Yelled Sethoni as he got up and popped a few rounds into a few insurgents head's. Then he took a run for the ship and got onboard. His AI appeared on the view. Then he pulled up a map of the ship he was near the CIC by the looks of it so he started to move towards it hopping that no insurgents got onboard then the engines seemed to start. Great, this day cant get any worse. I better hurry to the CIC. Then Sethoni charged down the hall not trying to hit the door ways as he ran through the ship.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 pm

"I was getting the feel of the ship when the alert went off, if I had been keeping my weapons on me I would have been here sooner. Well lets go make sure to clean up the rest of the attackers" she said rising the particle rifle she had grabbed from her personal arsenal. The particle rifle was much better for using on a ship since it could be set to have it form a bunch of heat which could kill an attacker, and even if it don't kill they are usually in allot of pain after that. But it will only super heat strong metals after being fired in the same spot multiple times, this made it much safer to use on a ship, most people compared them to extremely powerful lasers.
Broadside dead ahead!

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Thu May 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Sd'dar's eyes widened as he saw the ongoing fighting. He immediately whipped out his Type-19 plasma pistol, dove behind cover with his bag, and opened up. Since the ship was carrying an inexpressably valueable weapon, it had a significant force of guards, many of whom came out and opened fire with their own weapons, most of which were heavier than Sd'dar's pistol. They had quickly identified the aggressors and were currently shooting at them. Sd'dar typed frantically on his handheld to the captain of the transport that had brought them, ordering him to train the ship's cannon on the station. He sprinted to an intercom station, listening as mass accelerator and thermal rounds whizze past him, and opened the line, returning fire with his pistol. "This is Sd'dar Lythmkrani of Oogish Special Operations. If you do not cease fire immediately, I will return to my ship and destroy this port, with everyone inside it." He shut it off as another slug whizzed past him, engaging his personal shield, and continued shooting at the enemy agents.
Last edited by Oogium on Thu May 16, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Oogium wrote:I don't know who I should send as a diplomat. The Oog are better at fighting than diplomacy, and they're not very good at fighting, either.

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

"This is Sd'dar Lythmkrani of Oogish Special Operations. If you do not cease fire immediately, I will return to my ship and destroy this port, with everyone inside it."

Natalya receives a radio comm from the outside. The nerve of this man, he is going to bring war into the Alliance with this attack he is proposing. She stops, activating her omni tool and replied: "Sd'dar Lythmkrani of the Oogish Special Operations, this is Lieutenant Commander Natalya N'Soni of the Strategic Space Defense Forces and the commanding officer of the MAS Arcadia Voyager. Do not open fire, this is a civilian/military spaceport, any actions from your vessel will be perceived as an act of war!"

Leaving the channel open for the Oogish to respond, she approached the CIC with Mira. She heard footsteps and saw a Terliran officer dash towards them. Sethoni Gresilum, her new executive officer from the Intergalactic Coalition of Nations. She waved stiffly at him, silently ordering him to stop or they will be killed by the Terra Firma agents.

The CIC was littered with dead aerospace engineers and subordinate SSDF officers. Two Tsikenthi operatives began clearing up the deceased personnel and putting them aside as one began hacking into AIKA's quantum blue-box, to no success. One operative was working on the flight deck at the very bow of the ship, working the control columns. "Mira, you take care of the flight deck, I'll deal with the CIC." she whispered. "Go on." she ordered, asking her to head to the flight deck.

"And you, Mr. Gresilum, we take on the CIC."
Last edited by Meritocratic States on Thu May 16, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

Omegus Corp
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Omegus Corp » Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Erwin Ford
Erwin arrived on the station much later than he would have liked. Not long after he arrived, an alarm went off. Well Fanfuckintastic. He thinks to himself as he hurries off to Docking Bay C-6. He already had his armor on, since he rarely even took it off. When he arrived, it didn't exactly take long to realize that Bay C-6 was the location under attack. He pressed a button on his left wrist, activating his suit's stealth mode and turning him invisible. It had been a long time since he had gotten a chance to charge it, but he knew he had at least about an hour or so left. With the fighting and chaos he didn't have to sneak like he usually did, though he did make an effort to be as quiet as possible. He sneaked up behind one of the attackers. In one fluid motion he pulled out his blade, which came out of it's sheath and right up into the soldier's armpit. Between Erwin's increased strength from the genetic enhancements and the sharpness of his blade, he cut straight through the arm. The soldier shouted in pain, which Erwin quickly ended by implanting his blade into the man's skull. He retracted the blade, put it in it's sheath, and jumped away as projectiles hit where he just was. It was unfortunate that the blade of the sword couldn't be made invisible, but it would have to do. They still didn't know where he was, at least.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Thu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Sd'dar ignored the woman, opting to blow a Terra Firma agent's head off with his pistol instead. He wasn't actually going to glass the spaceport. Just use the pulse lasers to kill the Terra Firma people. He whispered a reply into his handheld after linking it to the omnitool. "I'm not actually going to glass this place, I'm going to use the ship's point defense system to kill the Terra Firma people. Calm down." He motioned to his troops, who moved into the Arcadia's hangar, along with him, and suddenly felt sick. Pulse lasers were not going to kill anyone in this ship. He'd have to either destroy it or go inside. He opted for the second, leaping up onto the ship and climbing it with surprising agility. One of his soldiers threw up a plasma cutter as he walked along, which he used to slice through the side into the floor above the CIC. Five, six, seven, this is the CIC. He powered up the cutter and began slicing a hole in the wall. Several guards began climbing up after him.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Prusseuss
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusseuss » Thu May 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Jaxus's personal fighter docked with the port when the alarm went off.Since he already had his armor on,he grabbed his particle cannon and ran out the door.He ran towards the bridge,killing any insurgent he could see.When he entered the room,he said " By the Blood God,die ! " With that,he started firing his particle cannon,laying waste into the insurgents.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
FLY,MAGICKARP,FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" So every time I press this button,a person somewhere dies,but I get a million dollars ? "
" Yes,but don't be to hasty....."
*presses button 10 times*
" I'll take my ten million dollars now"
"............"

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Thu May 16, 2013 6:55 pm

"Frak."

It was more a statement than an expletive. A casual statement, at that. Lucius had been rather absently reviewing the various jump coordinates...Meritocratic FTL drives were significantly different than Martian ones when it came to distance and speed. Actually, he grudgingly admitted, superior. Which was probably why, after the late war, the Fleet was still rebuilding.

But impending apocalypses make strange bedfellows he thought, and grinned sardonically. But the blaring alarms and the muffled sounds of gunfire rudely pulled him out of his reverie.

Very well He picked up the Olympian Autopistol, his preferred sidearm, stood, and made his way rather languidly out the door. He was fairly certain his pulse was at a normal rate, as well.

"CIC, pronto."

The turbolift opened into the corridor just outside. Two officers were there...
“The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason”---Blaise Pascal
"Just by being themselves, they make the best case against humanism." Luke Winkie

Constantinopolis wrote:
To paraphrase C.S. Lewis, I would choose to live as if God existed even if I knew He didn't. Either I am on the side of Life Victorious, or I am making a defiant but hopeless last stand against the all-consuming abyss. It does not really matter which it is. I am doing the right thing either way.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri May 17, 2013 3:03 am

Meritocratic States wrote:MAS Arcadia Voyager, Challenger-class Stealth Frigate

"This is Sd'dar Lythmkrani of Oogish Special Operations. If you do not cease fire immediately, I will return to my ship and destroy this port, with everyone inside it."

Natalya receives a radio comm from the outside. The nerve of this man, he is going to bring war into the Alliance with this attack he is proposing. She stops, activating her omni tool and replied: "Sd'dar Lythmkrani of the Oogish Special Operations, this is Lieutenant Commander Natalya N'Soni of the Strategic Space Defense Forces and the commanding officer of the MAS Arcadia Voyager. Do not open fire, this is a civilian/military spaceport, any actions from your vessel will be perceived as an act of war!"

Leaving the channel open for the Oogish to respond, she approached the CIC with Mira. She heard footsteps and saw a Terliran officer dash towards them. Sethoni Gresilum, her new executive officer from the Intergalactic Coalition of Nations. She waved stiffly at him, silently ordering him to stop or they will be killed by the Terra Firma agents.

The CIC was littered with dead aerospace engineers and subordinate SSDF officers. Two Tsikenthi operatives began clearing up the deceased personnel and putting them aside as one began hacking into AIKA's quantum blue-box, to no success. One operative was working on the flight deck at the very bow of the ship, working the control columns. "Mira, you take care of the flight deck, I'll deal with the CIC." she whispered. "Go on." she ordered, asking her to head to the flight deck.

"And you, Mr. Gresilum, we take on the CIC."

Sethoni Greslium, Executive Officer

Sethoni stopped running and walked over to Commander N'Soni. "Ok, but have you seen the mess outside yet? A company of marines were getting slaughtered by these guys. So what is the plan kill him or take him alive?" Asked Sethoni as he prepped his gun in case it was to shoot him which he hoped was going to happen. Then he poked his head around the corner very quickly and back over to the commander. "So?" Asked Sethoni again as he was about to call in a Terliran Company that was sent with him to the station.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Qoria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qoria » Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 am

Gru-Rak had found the medical bay behind the CIC. Throwing a quick fix of bio gel on his wound, he tested his arm by hefting the weapon he'd found into a firing position. It was difficult for him to fire this weapons, as they were designed for a species with fingers and single opposable thumbs, not the three opposable claws he had. He had brought his own weapons with him, but they were still packed up and in his quarters, on the top deck.

Gru thought about his next move. Should he go ahead and get his weapons? Or stay here and fight? He'd need some back-up though. It was probably best to find one of the senior officers and get some orders. They'd probably be in the CIC. And if he was the enemy, that would be where he would head. Gun at the ready, he checked the corridor outside the medical bay. Seeing no-one, he headed out to the CIC. Just outside the door, he saw a woman talking to another man. From her uniform, he recognised her as the ship's commanding officer.
10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels.
2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, military spending recently hit a new high.
2 days 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
5 days ago: Qoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
6 days ago: Following new legislation in Qoria, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 am

"Let's secure the command bridge, if they manage to secure the ship and take of than we will either need to destroy it or take control back" moving down the hall she activated the bio detector vision. the bio detector didn't actually detect bodies it detected a few things such as heat and than the computer analyzes the data and will confirm whether or not there is a person there.
Broadside dead ahead!

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 am

Sd'dar listened to the soft voices with his earpiece, and used his COMtacts to peer through the walls and look at them. He could see a message pop up from the transport's captain, indicating they were taking off and readying the pulse lasers, but he didn't bother to read it past that. Instead he boosted the plasma cutter's power, sending it slicing smoothly through the wall of the CIC, melting the metal and composites. He was hoping to distract the enemy inside so that the others could take them, or maybe so that he and the small group of soldiers with him could take them.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Fri May 17, 2013 5:38 pm

NPC Narration Post. (Coarse language ahead.)

The marines in the C-6 hangar bay of spaceport are beginning to overwhelm the Terra Firma operatives. The local marine garrison are reinforced by the 56th Marine Platoon from the Santa Elva Ground Garrison and an unknown human who has been cutting through the operatives. The Tsikenthi operatives are cornered with no chance of escaping. Growing desperate, the leader of the insertion team yelled through his comm. "Team Xeveris, get the damn ship out of here! We need to move now!"
"Their AI has locked out most of the Arcadia's systems, including the docking controls. You need to give me some time."
"You're getting five fucking minutes or we're switching to Plan Bravo! We're detonating the antimatter chambers!"
"Yes, sir!"

Cutting off the transmission, he yelled to the men in the hangar. "We'll carve a fucking path to the control room above. We need to release the docking clamps!"
"Yes, Praetor!" the rest acknowledged, firing a ferocious amount of bullets.

Detonating the two antimatter chambers causes a Containment Breach, an unstoppable reaction of antimatter particles annihilating against their matter-equivalents, resulting in a massive explosion capable of wiping out the size of three metropolises. It is even worse for capital ships such as a dreadnought or a carrier-battleship hybrid. Their antimatter has enough explosive potential capable of destroying a planet. If the explosion did not destroy the planet, it has enough kinetic force cause the planet to break the solar orbit. As a safety procedure, capital ships must enable their containment chambers on safe-mode when the ship is in the surface.

At the CIC, it is all hands on deck for the Tsikenthi operatives. As the two began preparations for the explosive charges, the lone Tsikenthi struggled with the code cracking as AIKA continued to stone-wall the hacker from taking control. "You will not gain control." AIKA repeated, "The SSDF Marines will take back the ship and apprehend you."
"Shut the hell up, fucking synthetic." the hacker struggled with the HAPTIC interface. "Why the shit do you all use these holographic HAPTIC interfaces?!"

Having used to Tsikenthi technology, their interfaces are still the regular button input keyboards the similar to what the Alliance uses before development of the HAPTIC interface and holographic technology were refined and standard issue in 2366. The hacker has to use the HAPTIC gloves, devices used by users with no accelerometer implants on their hands.

To: Raktio

At the flight deck, a lone Tsikenthi operative was still trying to get the long range graviton slipstream engines online. He already managed to get the sub-light anti-proton fusion engines online and the short range FTL engines. However, the docking controls are on a separate system and can only be accessed through the Control Centre of Hangar C-6 or the Combat Information Centre of the Arcadia Voyager. As he was busy working, he is currently unaware of the things going on.

To: Oogium

The walls surrounding the CIC turns out to have the thickest interior walls in the vessel. Like the Engineering and medical sections, it was a design feature to ensuring the survival of the command and engineering crews. As the plasma cutter slice through the wall, various heat sensors dotted across the walls of the CIC detects the plasma cutter's heat signature. Fortunately, the audible alarm system has yet to be installed and the sound cards are unable to recognize the alarm code. However, a silent alarm system rang, activating a prompt on Tactical Console of the CIC, a station not manned by the three operatives.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

Omegus Corp
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omegus Corp » Fri May 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Erwin Ford
Still in the hanger
Erwin does his best to help out as he and the marines pushed back the attackers. Now, what really caught Erwin's attention was a specific sentence said by their leader. The sentence that had 'Detonate' and 'antimatter' in it. Those words don't go good together. Well, not for him at least. Erwin singled out their leader and moved in. Erwin was easily able to sneak up in front of him thanks to his invisibility suit. He gave the soldier a solid punch to the stomach, followed by Erwin grabbing him by the neck and throwing him in the direction of the marines. Luckily, said marines didn't shoot the hell out of the guy instantly. As he was picking himself up, Erwin grabbed him and dragged him behind a piece of cover, followed by flipping him on his back and putting his sword up to his throat. "Well, now that you have a moment, would you care to elaborate on that antimatter statement? Perhaps a location if you're feeling generous." Erwin didn't really expect to get far with that, but it was worth a shot. Hell, it might work, however extremely unlikely.

Nyte
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Democratic Socialists

WARNING, MATURE CONTENT AHEAD.

Postby Nyte » Sat May 18, 2013 12:00 am

M.A.S. Arcadia Voyager
Supply Bay
Black Rose

A pair of Nyte supply technicians were in one of the supply bays of the M.A.S. Arcadia Voyager running a number of last minute checks to ensure that their cargo had arrived without damage. Three large coffin-like containers with several computerized holographic projections ran through a variety of system checks and maintenance routines designed to ensure the safe delivery of one of Nyte’s deadliest assets. The delivery of one of Nyte’s assassins to a combat theatre was always nerve wracking to the technicians responsible for making the delivery. If even one system was off or malfunctioning, the assassin contained within the coffin would be just as likely to kill anything and everything in sight as it was to follow its designated mission.

As such, when the intruder alarms suddenly began to wail the two techs were understandably upset… Even more so when several Terra Firma agents dropped out of some type of stealth and began to kill the ship’s crew in the supply bay. Ducking behind the trio of coffins the two techs tried to look for a way to escape without being gunned down by the marauding terrorists. Their options sadly, were lacking as one of the gunmen was guarding the door while the other moved methodically throughout the bay killing several crew members.

“I have a crazy idea” said the first tech. “But I don’t think you’re gonna’ like it.”

The second tech looked over, and seeing the first tech giving the coffin containing the assassin an odd look immediately caught on. “Oh fuck no you fuckin’ retard. The only thing that’s going to do is get us killed even faster… Are you out of your damned mind?”

The first tech did not respond. Instead, he simply reached up and slammed his hand down on the release button before ducking back down behind the coffin. For a moment nothing seemed to happen, and then with a soft hiss the lid split open. From within, a soft, feminine voice spoke. “Orders?”

“Oh thank fuck” muttered the first tech before continuing… “There are two Terra Firma agents in this room, fucking kill them!” The tech practically screamed.

“Orders accepted” was the simple reply from within the coffin.

---BREAK---

The Tsikenthi operative moved through the room gunning down the few fleeing crew in sight. Stepping over a pair of bodies, an odd hiss caught the operative’s attention. Moving to investigate, the operative heard words spoken in an odd sounding foreign language, and realizing that there were still a few survivors, moved in for the kill. The Tsikenthi rounded a supply crate and was met with a sharp, stabbing pain in his chest. With a grunt, the Tsikenthi looked down and saw a pale, lithe, and naked human female with her arm pointed at his chest. The Tsikenthi stumbled back and collapsed, his last sight was of his still beating heart clenched in the females blood stained hand.

Black Rose moaned in pleasure as she dropped the targets heart and began to lick the blood from her fingers. The sensation was fleeting however, and already she wanted more. Stepping daintily over the dead Tsikenthi, she prowled gracefully around the supply container leaving a trail of bloody footprints in her wake. There, by the door was the second target. Black Rose broke into a run as a small smile formed on her otherwise emotionless face. The mere thought of the violence she was about to inflict being just enough to give her the barest hint of pleasure…

The Tsikenthi at the door was bored… While his partner got to sweep through the room and do the killing, he just had to stand there and look menacing to a bunch of corpses. Hearing a thud, the Tsikenthi looked over at the supply crate his partner had just gone around to see a naked, blood covered human female running at him far faster than should have been possible. He opened fire intending to drop the deranged human only to see the woman dance around the incoming fire. As she came closer, he had just enough time to think that this mission had perhaps not been a very good idea after all and then all he knew was pain…
Last edited by Nyte on Sat May 18, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Self censored due to concerns of Moderation Abuse and ambiguous rules enforcement.

Oogium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Oogium » Sat May 18, 2013 6:57 am

Sd'dar finished slicing the hole in the wall as the plasma cutter began to vent spare heat. It hadn't been easy, cutting through that. He drew his pistol and put a solid punch into the chunk of ragged-edged metal, knocking it into the CIC and opening a hole in the wall. He immediately drew his pistol and opened fire, watching expressionless as one operative's head was whipped back by a plasma bolt. Two of his soldiers threw grenades into the room, and he could hear crashes and whines from outside indicating the pulse lasers were firing. He fires again, and watches a second operative stagger and collapse as the bolt strikes them in the chest. Then a mass accelerator round whines uncomfortably close to his head, and he spins behind cover.

Outside, the Oogish transport was hovering majestically over the spaceport. Purplish rays of light stabbed down from it, slicing into nearly every Terra Firma operative outside the Arcadia, and the Oogish soldiers who were now marching through the station easily dealt with the rest. There are a number of holes in the roof, and ones in the floor, but no one else was killed, so the Oog figure it's just a matter of them paying for repairs.

Quotes:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Sat May 18, 2013 9:45 pm

OOC: Because I will be in Montreal, Canada, I will not be able to post for the whole day. Sorry fellas.

New Santa Elva Spaceport, New Santa Elva City
Planet Midway, Rothschild System,
Federal Capital Space, Alliance of Meritocratic Systems Space

NPC Narration:

To: Omegus Corp
The Praetor felt something pull him off his feet as he and the rest of the team charged for the control room. The way the invisible force pulled him caused him to drop his weapon and was dragged somewhere else as his men pushed forward. He felt a punch in his gut, causing him to retch in pain as he was dragged along.

"Well, now that you have a moment, would you care to elaborate on that antimatter statement? Perhaps a location if you're feeling generous." The soldier asked, threatening to slit his throat with a blade.

Glaring angrily at the human, he spat on the floor, shaking his head. "I won't say anything to you, human. You and your so-called Coalition opposes our Grand Design for the Galaxy, but just so you know, Terra Firma will not be defeated easily. So there, kill me already."

To: Oogium
The Oogish transport above the hangar fired its pulse weapons. The ensuing chaos forced the Marines to take cover as the Oogish barrage took out the insertion team but the Praetor outside the ship. The energy ammunition deflects on the metallic surfaces, shattering several light refraction plates at the hull of the Arcadia Voyager and two unfortunate SSDF marines. After the transport ceased firing, four AT-65 Cobra VTOL gunships from the Santa Elva Garrison surrounds the transport. The lead gunship opened communications, sending a message to the transport.

"Oogish Transport, this is Juliet Double-Seven. Your vessel has opened fire on a SSDF-owned installation containing a classified military vessel. In compliance to Interstellar Protocol 884332, you will land your vessel at Docking Port A-3 and await further instructions. "

"Mr. Gresilum, the Counter-Insurgency training of our Marines is one of the best in the galaxy. I'm sure the Strategic Space Defense Forces can handle this threat." Natalya replied, "By now, reinforcements from New Santa Elva Garrison have arrived." She peeked through the door leading inside the CIC.

She saw the troops from Oogworld cut through the walls of the CIC. She was impressed but at the same time, irritated about their brute-force tactics and their blatant disregard for collateral damage. High-mass compacted tritanium alloys with embedded heat detection sensors are extremely difficult and expensive to produce. Aerospace techs will be annoyed with this man, they will surely have his head... in a figurative manner.

"Alright, Mr. Gresilum, let's go in." Natalya pulled her assault rifle and charged in, expecting her XO to charge in as well.

Inside the CIC, the Tsikenthi Hacker was just about to outsmart the AI, a plasma bolt hits him in the head, killing him instantly. The troops from Oogworld attacked, charging from the hole they made through the CIC. The remaining two Tsikenthi operatives took cover behind the tactical and comm stations and opened fire at them. The ensuing gunfight kills one of the remaining operatives, shatters the holographic projectors of the Galaxy Map, destroying several consoles thanks to the grenades thrown by the Oog, and the fixture containing more holographic projectors above the CIC dropped down, shattering more consoles below. The remaining Terra Firma operative in the CIC grew desperate, firing erratically at anyone.

Crouching behind a console, Natalya made a mental note to inform Oogworld will hear about their troops' blatant disregard for collateral damage. If her Tactical Officer would show this destructive behaviour at all times, she will be forced to kick him off her ship. She grimaced at the thought and pushed it aside, firing at the operative with her rifle. She also made a mental note to make a list of damages made by the Oog.

Natalya grimaced again, she doesn't even want to know how much is the cost of restoring the ship back to its showroom form.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

Omegus Corp
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Omegus Corp » Sat May 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Erwin Ford
Well, he knew if was a long shot. "I really wasn't planing on it but if you insist." Erwin said before chopping the man's head off. Erwin then put his sword back in it's sheath and ran in the direction the Terra Firma operatives went. As he ran, a warning message came up in Erwin's visor, warning that his invisibility had only an hour left. It should be more than enough time to mop this up, though, so it didn't matter. He already knew he would have to charge it after the fight anyways. When Erwin caught up to the operatives, he resumed killing anyone who fell behind or otherwise became an easy target for him. Invisibility is fun.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sun May 19, 2013 6:30 am

Sethoni Greslium, Executive Officer

"Lt. Commander N'Soni, you sure about that they were down to half strength when I arrived at the hanger." Said Sethoni as he called the Terliran Company to get to the hanger then he followed his CO in the CIC. Damn Oog have to always cause some much damage when they attack, they are worse than us Terlirans at least we try to not make a mess. "The Aerospace techs will have a field day in here. You sure its wise to have a Oog tactical officer?" Asked Sethoni as he took cover and fired at the last insurgent. Things were destroyed, glass and many over things all over the ground, N'Soni will we pissed after going through all of this damaged. I cant wait to see what she will do with that Oog when this is all over with. Sethoni had a slight smirk on his face. But it was covered by his full combat armor's helmet.

NPC (But vital to Sethoni's story later on, so more like a supporting character.)
Captain Rieker Telvan
CO of Terliran Company 23.56.11.67 (Reaper Company)
Hanger C-6

Captain Telvan and Company 23.56.11.67 ran into the hanger only to be met by fire from the Terra Firma operatives. "Take cover and support the marines!" Ordered Captain Telvan as he took cover behind several crates and fired back at the hostiles. The Terliran Company waited for the order that was going to be given any second. This tactic made his famous in the Terliran Military and got him is rank of captain. "Arrow Now!" Yelled Telvan as his men formed a single line and started to push to the next line of cover slowly shooting at the Terra Firma agents as they went. "Keep the pressure on them!" Yelled Telvan as the line took cover in perfect sync which it would needed to happen for it to work right.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents