NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:04 am

Zeinbrad wrote:Going to do an FT RP were we play mercenary groups (or just mercenaries) during a war between two nations; The Empire of Gaia and the Ragon Empire.

If it helps, there will probably be some swordfighting and such, but mostly gunfights.

You say you want to join RP.

Organized States wrote:1950s Cold War-like RP?

Common theme. Not saying it is not good, it's decent, it will attract players, but not certainly can running for a long time, and too common recently
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:05 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Going to do an FT RP were we play mercenary groups (or just mercenaries) during a war between two nations; The Empire of Gaia and the Ragon Empire.

If it helps, there will probably be some swordfighting and such, but mostly gunfights.

You say you want to join RP.

Yes?
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Kotar (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kotar (Ancient) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Would anyone be interested in a murder mystery RP? I am thinking a group of people meet in a secluded location and one of them ends up murdered. As the investigation ensues, the various characters try to clear themselves, while pursuing their own agendas and possibly shifting the blame on others. Does that sound interesting?

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:07 am

Alien Invasion RP, basically, an FT Nation versus a group of MT/ Early PMT nations. Sound like a good idea?
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Organized States wrote:Alien Invasion RP, basically, an FT Nation versus a group of MT/ Early PMT nations. Sound like a good idea?

It's really debatable. The problem with mixing Tech levels is that it requires a lot of integrity and fairness on the part of those with the more advanced tech to work. Otherwise, it tends to devolve into the advanced nations claiming tech superiority and godmodding the living daylights out of everybody. This is hard to do effectively.

However, if you feel like you know an FTer who is fair and reliable, then you should go for it.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Yalos wrote:
Organized States wrote:Alien Invasion RP, basically, an FT Nation versus a group of MT/ Early PMT nations. Sound like a good idea?

It's really debatable. The problem with mixing Tech levels is that it requires a lot of integrity and fairness on the part of those with the more advanced tech to work. Otherwise, it tends to devolve into the advanced nations claiming tech superiority and godmodding the living daylights out of everybody. This is hard to do effectively.

However, if you feel like you know an FTer who is fair and reliable, then you should go for it.

I've got a few people I know that can do that without godmodding. Plus, I usually do some background checks and the likes. Any other suggestions?
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Riflemoor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riflemoor » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:15 pm

An alien invasion? Sounds kinda like XCOM. I'm in.
We are Moors, and our adjective is Mooric.
Rommel Germany wrote:"...Anschluss?" - Soldier requesting permission to anschluss

"The way we win matters." ~Andrew Ender Wiggin, Ender's Game
Class O14
Military spaceplanes, naval railguns, NNEMP grenades, and missile defense shields. Experiments include cloaking devices, quantum computers, and arcologies. Please let me know if I'm being too PMT and I'll tone it down for you.

First and former Vice Chancellor of the New Warsaw Pact.
Apply for an embassy to Riflemoor here!

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Riflemoor wrote:An alien invasion? Sounds kinda like XCOM. I'm in.

Cool, it'll be a Crysis/XCOM/Independence Day/Ender's Game kind of thing.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Organized States wrote:

This does sound a bit tempting. I could play either part if you would like. (With a different species/group created specifically to do this fairly, if you'd like.)

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:
Organized States wrote:Cool, it'll be a Crysis/XCOM/Independence Day/Ender's Game kind of thing.

This does sound a bit tempting. I could play either part if you would like. (With a different species/group created specifically to do this fairly, if you'd like.)

Your help as an alien species would be appreciated! I'll attempt to get the OOC up fairly soon.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Organized States wrote:
Yalos wrote:It's really debatable. The problem with mixing Tech levels is that it requires a lot of integrity and fairness on the part of those with the more advanced tech to work. Otherwise, it tends to devolve into the advanced nations claiming tech superiority and godmodding the living daylights out of everybody. This is hard to do effectively.

I've got a few people I know that can do that without godmodding. Plus, I usually do some background checks and the likes. Any other suggestions?

Just to be honest, background checks might not cut it. This is a scenario where power is much more easily abused than in any other. Still, if doing a tech crossing RP, you have to plan extensively.

It's not enough to just chat a few times on TG with a few basic things; you need to hit all the bases. For example, you have to agree how each other's weapons will effect each other, what types of tech are permitted, and so on, so forth. This way, the RP itself will go most smoothly.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Yalos wrote:
Organized States wrote:I've got a few people I know that can do that without godmodding. Plus, I usually do some background checks and the likes. Any other suggestions?

Just to be honest, background checks might not cut it. This is a scenario where power is much more easily abused than in any other. Still, if doing a tech crossing RP, you have to plan extensively.

It's not enough to just chat a few times on TG with a few basic things; you need to hit all the bases. For example, you have to agree how each other's weapons will effect each other, what types of tech are permitted, and so on, so forth. This way, the RP itself will go most smoothly.

I'm going to get a planning thread up in a little bit so we can sort everything out. You are more than welcome to join us.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Organized States wrote:

You had me at Ender's Game...

Make it so!
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Vancon wrote:
Organized States wrote:Cool, it'll be a Crysis/XCOM/Independence Day/Ender's Game kind of thing.

You had me at Ender's Game...

Make it so!

Feel free to join as a human of course. Let me bump it, and you should be able to see it.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:30 pm

y u no link??

It'd be easier
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Vancon wrote:y u no link??

It'd be easier

Link.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Vancon wrote:y u no link??

It'd be easier

I'm on a Mac... *Sighs...
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm curious as to how I did in my OP. Thoughts anyone?

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303000

Dauntrica Stewart
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dauntrica Stewart » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:13 am

That's great, I am glad too. I will read some articles related to this topics and I will come with my review to share with you people.

New Rhodinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhodinia » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm getting my first RP together. Be warned, it may have holes but I can improve. Here's the lowdown as of now:

Fellow nations,

New Rhodinian officials have made an alarming discovery. An underground network of some kind has been uncovered near the town of Rucelia; a depression in the ground near a construction site gave way, and people in black and red clothing were spotted scurrying below. One report even claimed that a man was carrying an advanced ault rifle and a fairly torn flag with profane words written on it. There is no further evidence at this time to suggest that the people below are a threat to society, but it is in the Emperor's best interests to keep these people under watch and, if necessary, bring them to justice. He also advises that other nations in the alliance stay alert for similar networks in their respective borders. Please keep us posted.

Department of Homeland Security Director
- Titus Pisentius Sotericus

Fellow nations,

We have received an update regarding this rogue network. Officials in Rucelia further investigating the collapse have found documents depicting elaborate illustrations of key embies in foreign countries. The majority of these nations are those that New Rhodinia is eager to cooperate with and ist. The Emperor is quite anxious with this development and is planning to call a meeting with world leaders as more info is gathered.

Expect a personal letter or telegram from our leader soon.

Urgent!

At 4:12 PM yesterday, Junius Maximus III was at his desk looking over reports of the rogue underground network when a bullet penetrated the glass window of his office. The bullet traveled upward through the window and struck the wall behind the Emperor, leaving him unharmed. Guards are currently investigating the area for any evidence.

No further evidence is available at the current time, but suspicions are rising throughout the empire that this rogue network has carried out the assassination attempt. The Emperor will be addressing the nation and the world tomorrow in a "state of the empire" speech. He has informed all nations suspected to be affected by this network to move to a high alert status. Thank you.

New Rhodinia's Factbook
Old New Rhodinian Factbook
Livia Maximus' Rise to the Throne

The 1st World Summit of Leaders
Creating Connections, Building Bridges: Guiding the Way into the 21st Century
OBSERVER NATION

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone here is planning a FT Rp or whatever?

I was thinking of getting back into RPing lately and all that.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:25 am

Yalos wrote:
Organized States wrote:I've got a few people I know that can do that without godmodding. Plus, I usually do some background checks and the likes. Any other suggestions?

GESO has an OOC thread . Its there for non members, to pose ideas for an rp or some such. We also have an IRC chan, that said our style of rp and our stuff aren't uber realistic, but we're not dicks about things ;).
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Sjovenia
Senator

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sjovenia » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:02 am

Any one interested in a region vs region war?
Leader: Autarch Ferdinand Tennfjord
Capital: Sova Mesto
National Animal: Tyto Owl (Barn Owl)
Currency: Tolar

Olympic Athletes

Athletes

Official Sjovene Youtube

Self Advertising

"No one loves a warrior until the enemy is at the gate."

"You know dying is often a cry for attention"

Modioperandi
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Modioperandi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:07 am

I had the idea a few RP's. One being a murder RP. Kind of a Who-done-it kind of thing.
Je suis un TETeur! Ich bin ein TETeur! I am a TETeur!
Horror anime lover, coffee aficionado, certified badass
Benshir's roommate.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on-Robert Frost

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

I have an idea for a WW2 Tech RP about the last days of a war that ended fascist Zeinbrad.

Think that will bring interest? I don't know if I should let people play as their nations or a squad of ill-trained Zeinbrad soldiers.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents