NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:59 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Ardoki wrote:How would you do such a thing exactly?

well, your previous monarch dies (let's just say the king), he has 3 sons and 2 daughters.The eldest son, the rightful heir is either unpopular or frequently sick, (ie, it would be unwise for him to rule). but the next child is actually twins. A male and female. Even if custom says that male gets the throne (it might be in your nation, it might not. the concept works either way), they each gain a following and vie for control over the kingdom.
Now, the two youngest siblings. A male and female. Let us say for instance, the youngest child, the female, has been the nicest towards the poor/working class, so she actually has the support of a large group. And finally, the brother, who is a wild card, flipping between sides, whichever gives him the greatest amount of authority, only to backstab them, trying to stay in the shadows while killing off siblings to become the sole ruler/heir.

This is a big example with 5 siblings. there can always be more or less depending on what you would like

Would say, a noble who can trace their ancestors directly back to the first monarch, be a potential pretender to the throne (he denounces the ruling dynasty for their incest, hedonism and being out of touch with the ordinary people)? Perhaps he can be mistreated or wronged as well by the dynasty.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:
well, your previous monarch dies (let's just say the king), he has 3 sons and 2 daughters.The eldest son, the rightful heir is either unpopular or frequently sick, (ie, it would be unwise for him to rule). but the next child is actually twins. A male and female. Even if custom says that male gets the throne (it might be in your nation, it might not. the concept works either way), they each gain a following and vie for control over the kingdom.
Now, the two youngest siblings. A male and female. Let us say for instance, the youngest child, the female, has been the nicest towards the poor/working class, so she actually has the support of a large group. And finally, the brother, who is a wild card, flipping between sides, whichever gives him the greatest amount of authority, only to backstab them, trying to stay in the shadows while killing off siblings to become the sole ruler/heir.

This is a big example with 5 siblings. there can always be more or less depending on what you would like

Would say, a noble who can trace their ancestors directly back to the first monarch, be a potential pretender to the throne (he denounces the ruling dynasty for their incest, hedonism and being out of touch with the ordinary people)? Perhaps he can be mistreated or wronged as well by the dynasty.

of course! Any noble who can trace their lineage back to any monarch can vie for the throne. As long as he has some support from the people.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Ukraine-Moldavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraine-Moldavia » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:43 pm

*cough*
"What if I had a normal citizen armed with a rock invade CPPE?"

"That man runs a rampage throughout CPPE and becomes the King of CPPE, which will be renamed "UM's Bitch".
He shall rule with an iron fist, and his rock shall be reforged in Steel with which he shall use to brain his foes" - Communist Volkstrad

"You know what you don't need, Tog?

To be our mom

kthx" - CPPE aka The Brick

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Would anyone be interesting in an RP located in the NMK where the Emperor is incapacitated, his underage son is temporarily named Emperor, and a regent is appointed. There are no laws on the books prohibiting foreign regents, and the NMK is corrupt as hell even in the government, so if you manage to grease the right wheels, you might find yourself in almost-ultimate power in a foreign country. (Of course there are failsafes, but either you can learn them now or wait for them to trigger.)
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:57 pm

New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Would anyone be interesting in an RP located in the NMK where the Emperor is incapacitated, his underage son is temporarily named Emperor, and a regent is appointed. There are no laws on the books prohibiting foreign regents, and the NMK is corrupt as hell even in the government, so if you manage to grease the right wheels, you might find yourself in almost-ultimate power in a foreign country. (Of course there are failsafes, but either you can learn them now or wait for them to trigger.)

I have like ten different NPC factions that would be interested.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Doppio Giudici wrote:
New Mushroom Kingdom wrote:Would anyone be interesting in an RP located in the NMK where the Emperor is incapacitated, his underage son is temporarily named Emperor, and a regent is appointed. There are no laws on the books prohibiting foreign regents, and the NMK is corrupt as hell even in the government, so if you manage to grease the right wheels, you might find yourself in almost-ultimate power in a foreign country. (Of course there are failsafes, but either you can learn them now or wait for them to trigger.)

I have like ten different NPC factions that would be interested.

What would be their motives?
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Who would be interested in a royal wedding RP between two princesses*?

Well, a princess and an archduchess, but still
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:08 pm

Rupudska wrote:Who would be interested in a royal wedding RP between two princesses*?

Perhaps. Any reason why we should come to the royal wedding?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013

Postby Crysuko » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:24 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Who would be interested in a royal wedding RP between two princesses*?

homosexual marriage in a royal scale would be considered a big deal?
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:23 am

Crysuko wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

homosexual marriage in a royal scale would be considered a big deal?

It must be a really big reason to invite nations.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Crysuko wrote:homosexual marriage in a royal scale would be considered a big deal?

It must be a really big reason to invite nations.

i'm too lazy to highlight my original reason so just pretend I highlighted it
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Dragvania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragvania » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:40 pm

anyone interested in a RP that you must lead a rebellion in my nation. Ill explain why the people have rebelled if i start the RP up but i'm just trying to get it out there. Anyway you will lead the rebellion and if you feel it is necessary, step in with your nations own military to aid the civil war.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 am

Dragvania wrote:anyone interested in a RP that you must lead a rebellion in my nation. Ill explain why the people have rebelled if i start the RP up but i'm just trying to get it out there. Anyway you will lead the rebellion and if you feel it is necessary, step in with your nations own military to aid the civil war.

i'm up for it
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Adrijab
Attaché

Founded: Oct 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Adrijab » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:53 am

The New World

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=330060

So...this RP. This RP is not controlled by me, but by another player. (Alouite Anyways, I've came here not to just advertise this RP, but to also present an idea and a feeling to see how thrilling it is to reveal yourself in a post-apocalyptic world...which is what will be discussed. The RP on top, starts out in a post-apocalyptic world, and you live in a small rural city called Jericho, Kansas located in USA. You are to control a character that you'll describe first of all, what are his/her weapons, biography, Ethnicity, and probably the best of all; his/her role or job in the rural city. What's really nice about this RP is the fact that each day or whatever date will be, the controller of the forum will present a story and event that occurs in the village, and that the players controlling their own survivors, must say what he/she does to that given situation. You can scavenge, kill, talk to another survivor, explore, or help; whatever action it is will be UP TO YOU. :D Use your intellect and feelings wisely though, because the controller of the forum ( I think ) will present the result of your action; meaning to say that you could benefit, be neutral, worsen, or KILL off your character. Each event that the controller of the game will present would get worse and will worsen... More information and rules of the game are presented in the forum itself, so click on the link above and begin your survivor's journey!

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Adrijab wrote:
The New World

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=330060

So...this RP. This RP is not controlled by me, but by another player. (Alouite Anyways, I've came here not to just advertise this RP, but to also present an idea and a feeling to see how thrilling it is to reveal yourself in a post-apocalyptic world...which is what will be discussed. The RP on top, starts out in a post-apocalyptic world, and you live in a small rural city called Jericho, Kansas located in USA. You are to control a character that you'll describe first of all, what are his/her weapons, biography, Ethnicity, and probably the best of all; his/her role or job in the rural city. What's really nice about this RP is the fact that each day or whatever date will be, the controller of the forum will present a story and event that occurs in the village, and that the players controlling their own survivors, must say what he/she does to that given situation. You can scavenge, kill, talk to another survivor, explore, or help; whatever action it is will be UP TO YOU. :D Use your intellect and feelings wisely though, because the controller of the forum ( I think ) will present the result of your action; meaning to say that you could benefit, be neutral, worsen, or KILL off your character. Each event that the controller of the game will present would get worse and will worsen... More information and rules of the game are presented in the forum itself, so click on the link above and begin your survivor's journey!

You're looking for the P2TM RP advertisement thread.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:22 am

I'm looking to test out an improved army by fighting a war and taking a small colony from someone, anyone interested?
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Armeia wrote:I'm looking to test out an improved army by fighting a war and taking a small colony from someone, anyone interested?

I'm not interested in defending a colony just for test of an improved army, unfortunately :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Ivory Record
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Record » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:31 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Armeia wrote:I'm looking to test out an improved army by fighting a war and taking a small colony from someone, anyone interested?

I'm not interested in defending a colony just for test of an improved army, unfortunately :p

Thats thesort of thing war games are for.
The Federation of the Ivory Record of Akasha

Grenartia wrote:
Ivory Record wrote:-snip-
You. I like you.
DesAnges wrote:Confidence is sexy. Introverted arrogance isn't.
Bottle wrote:If this thread establishes anything, it is that making polite requests regarding how others address you will be met with principled tantrum-throwing from the brave heroes who know that manners are for communists and sissies.

Kyrusia wrote: My urethra needs a corrective lens [...] You... never said anything legitimate once in your life.
Factbook (WIP)
News
Expansion and Communication Corps - Embassies
Technical Exchange AuthorityFactbook (WIP)

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:22 am

Ivory Record wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

I have been outside of international incidents for 2 years, hence why I have little interest, although occasionally I will be here to keep an eye on interesting ones.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Ivory Record
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Record » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:29 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ivory Record wrote:

I have been outside of international incidents for 2 years, hence why I have little interest, although occasionally I will be here to keep an eye on interesting ones.

Oh, I don't have a horse in this race. I was merely trying to make the point that s/he might have better luck recruiting other players for a wargames than a colonialism things.

Grenartia wrote:
You. I like you.
Bottle wrote:If this thread establishes anything, it is that making polite requests regarding how others address you will be met with principled tantrum-throwing from the brave heroes who know that manners are for communists and sissies.

Kyrusia wrote: My urethra needs a corrective lens [...] You... never said anything legitimate once in your life.
Factbook (WIP)
News

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:17 am

Ivory Record wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Oh, I don't have a horse in this race. I was merely trying to make the point that s/he might have better luck recruiting other players for a wargames than a colonialism things.

True, as some players here tend to be in FT or PMT or MT era, and they rarely have colonies.

PT players sometimes have, sometimes have nothing.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Ivory Record
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Record » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 am

Speaking of tech levels:

Are you an MT, PMT, or even "early" FT nation that's looking to transition? Are you a PMT race that really only qualifies because they've yet to develop FTL? Are you interested in a mostly character-driven RP that involves me trading mountains of handwavium and FTech for research rights and other chicanery?

If you answered yes to most of these questions, shoot me a TG or reply to this post. Basically, I'm looking to work together with a reasonably developped player to do an arc evocative of your usual alien conspiracy theories.
Last edited by Ivory Record on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grenartia wrote:
You. I like you.

Factbook (WIP)
News

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:22 am

Ivory Record wrote:Speaking of tech levels:

Are you an MT, PMT, or even "early" FT nation that's looking to transition? Are you a PMT race that really only qualifies because they've yet to develop FTL? Are you interested in a mostly character-driven RP that involves me trading mountains of handwavium and FTech for research rights and other chicanery?

If you answered yes to most of these questions, shoot me a TG or reply to this post. Basically, I'm looking to work together with a reasonably developped player to do an arc evocative of your usual alien conspiracy theories.

My nation is a MT-PMT nation with the established space station and the possibility to develop space weapons, or you know, put a nuclear missile on the space.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Bulkan
Envoy

Founded: Jul 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bulkan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:39 pm

I have a Idea for a new Roleplay, not sure if it should be in P2TM or here, but here it is.

The Basic idea, is that the Milky Way galaxy has several empires, witch are the participants, and they are all over populated and are all confined to very densely packed regions of space, of witch they exist. The Milky way is over populated, Corporations and nations are fighting one another, and the Galaxy is running out of Resources. They find a naturally formed Wormhole, of witch they call, The Gateway, witch might be the title of the rp.

They corporation and nations pass through, and find a galaxy about twelve times the size of the milky way, with about six trillion stars or something, many of witch are surrounded by Garden worlds. They find more wormholes, name them gateways, and pass through them as well.
They arrive on the other side and name the galaxies of witch they enter.
and they build massive Wormhole gateway stabilization devices, effectively making it impossible for the wormholes to collapse.

and so the empires start to expand while problems start to pile up on there original borders.

-
Last edited by Bulkan on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder/Operator Nation of The Sabbat Worlds | Operated By: GlobalControl for.. several years now.

My Other Nation: Aderaxia (My worldbuilding project)

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011

Postby Doppio Giudici » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:48 am

I had the idea of this Education major who gets dragged before the police about something he wrote online. After that he goes from this paranoid guy who does well in school, to this serious political leader who leaves the country fearing for his life. Then he ends up in some random country and gets a job there, so he can make money to fund his personal vendetta with the people back home.

During this process he gets brought in for questioning by the people there about his "criminal record", forms connections with gangs/militias, and then recruits people to start an uprising back at home.

Oh and he's going to have this really scrawny, pissed off vibe. I'm even thinking of having him pack a small caliber pistol because his arms can't take the recoil of anything bigger. Oh and the police question him for practicing how to make molotov cocktails.

Lots of ideas, no idea where to take them.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents