NATION

PASSWORD

RP Think Tank

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:47 am

Sup y'all.

So I'm thinking about doing a Syrian Civil War style RP in a foreign and poor country. Basically it'll be a cluster**** of different factions fighting for their political/social goals in said country. Outside foreign nations will participate also through combat or supply support while others can act as a humanitarian force to ensure that the amount of civilians killed in the crossfire are minimal. I'm just looking for some support, so if you're interested, TG me please!

Thanks!

El Cuscatlan
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby El Cuscatlan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Ontorisa wrote:Sup y'all.

So I'm thinking about doing a Syrian Civil War style RP in a foreign and poor country. Basically it'll be a cluster**** of different factions fighting for their political/social goals in said country. Outside foreign nations will participate also through combat or supply support while others can act as a humanitarian force to ensure that the amount of civilians killed in the crossfire are minimal. I'm just looking for some support, so if you're interested, TG me please!

Thanks!

I am interested, and if this will be in the middle east, I may use Fedayeen Al-Wanat Al-Akbar, my arab nationalist paramilitary.
Gran Cuscatlan - population 718 million - is rightist junta ruled county in Latin America. | I am born again Christian.
SANTIAGO ANTI COMMUNIST TREATY ORGANISATION - WE KILL THE REDS! | INDUTRIAS SOBERRANAS - CUSCATLANI ARMS! | Cuscatlani Integralism | Guardia Anticommunista

Given title of "The AntiChe" by Lolloh 10th May 2014. Now commies tremble in fear!

Ravenflight
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravenflight » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Tag
I'm PANGENDER
ONE NATION TORIES ARE 1% SUPPORTERS
By our Ancestors, For our Children. Join the Viking Party
My Political Beliefs
Senator Daniel Björn

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:17 pm

El Cuscatlan wrote:

Thanks!

I am interested, and if this will be in the middle east, I may use Fedayeen Al-Wanat Al-Akbar, my arab nationalist paramilitary.

Sick Cus.

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Gogito wrote:Here's a RP idea.

(All techs)

Our nation has decided that being content with only one multiverse is not "cool", so they decided to travel to other multiverses and test out their civilizations. Here's his plan: Gogito creates an army of powerful illusions, which the inhabitants of the multiverse must defeat in a battlefield on a planet created by Gogito himself. The time limit is 10 days. If the defenders defeat Gogito's illusions in time, Gogito leaves the multiverse okay and goes to an another one. If they can't, it's game over - Gogito destroys the multiverse for being weak.

All tech levels and all races are allowed, but armies no bigger than 10 million for each nation. The battlefield planet is shaped to look completely like Earth.

Basically, final boss of NS.

I am interested
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Viticoma
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Viticoma » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:57 pm

I'm looking to get an Intro RP set up if someone is interested- something to help build my factbook

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:47 am

Thanks!

I'd be interested, although I may not help out militarily if it becomes a real clusterfuck and I can't trust anyone.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:30 am

Crysuko wrote:I was thinking of a conspiracy based RP, in which a group of people suspect a nation (could be mine of someone elses if they volunteer) of hiding something, and delve deep into the underworld and darknets in order to find out the terrible secret before it's too late

NMK might be nice for this - the government is corrupt, covers up human rights abuses / bribery. Not to mention they are the actual owners of a corporation that has no owner in the public records...
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

Ostryte-Addenburg
Secretary

Founded: Sep 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostryte-Addenburg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Looking to make war, TG me to concoct a story.
I RP MT, PT, and light PMT. My nation's page statistics are usually inaccurate.

Glory to the Commonwealth.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 am

Ostryte-Addenburg wrote:What would be the best way to engage in armed conflict with a nation in which no prior contact has been made (save for the context of the war)?

Don't do this:

Random person (who I won't name) TGing me: "War bruh"
Me: "Whuh bruh?"
Random person: "war bruh or nah bruh. All mayb3e"
Me: "Nah bruh"

True story. It would be helpful to explain what you want, tech levels, possible backstory for conflict (like why your two nations would fight) and some other particulars. These one liner wars are junk cluttering up the II forum and they need to stop.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Raltirian Denethier
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raltirian Denethier » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:52 am

Neu Engollon wrote:These one liner wars are junk cluttering up the II forum and they need to stop.

This. So very much this. I have been looking for a relatively new, quality war-centric thread for at least a week now and everything that hasn't been running for months (ie, would be way too difficult to join in on) is pure garbage.

Even newcomers to the forums can post compelling war threads and scenarios, so the problem isn't new people coming along. Hell, it isn't even due to new people not reading all of the helpful tutorials on proper RPing, either. Good roleplayers just need, to my mind, a minimum understanding of roleplaying etiquette. After that, real, inherent quality comes from effort, if you ask me. I've met plenty of new players in conflicts who, to be perfectly honest, ranked among the pretty poor echelons of our community. Tactics were shoddy, very often. I recall one individual who seemed to want to emphasize that he had a good military, but seemed to only hinge on the claim of having the most modern equipment available, without really demonstrating an understanding of what that means. Normally, we would assume these players to be horrendous to deal with. We would always expect them to just resort to barely embellished number spamming and trying to justify use of silly methods in combat, or perhaps silly weaponry and acting like it should be a major battlefield evolution (looking at you, people who seem convinced that thermite would be workable as a prime component of armor piercing weapons).

In all honesty, those players turned my expectations completely upside down. It wasn't as though they managed to develop that particular range of respected roleplaying qualities overnight. Rather, they seemed to always possess what I have come to regard as possibly the single most important thing to look for in an RPer: an effort and will to cooperate and learn from others. A single telegram to any one of these players quickly demonstrated to me that each individual was not at all interested in being difficult, or even turning down what very well might have even been some pedantic criticism here and there.

On the whole, I find the most important thing to making a good, workable thread is that the players, especially the OP, put tangible effort into a scenario. Sure, maybe you fail to make something really top notch, but having put work into your scenario and your post will automatically make things so much more compelling to prospective players, and generally more enjoyable for everyone. If you ask me, that's 90% of any good thread. Just show effort in the development and execution. Literally anyone can do it, I have come to realize.
Last edited by Raltirian Denethier on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation Information
I hail from the great continent of Aels, known to much of the world as Atlantis.

Began RPing on Facebook Nations forums in September of 2008, joined with the Aels group (for nations without real world locations) in the next few months as one of the first three members, and have been playing loyally ever since. Since Facebook Nations is in deep decline and is very nearly dead, we make our home here.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:54 am

OOC thread is up: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=316191
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Well if,anyone wants to join my new RP, TG me.

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
The Underground Movement Union wrote:Well if,anyone wants to join my new RP, TG me.

Link?What is it?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=316329
Tis an RP dating back during the UMU independence war.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Is there any FT role play ideas running about?
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Is there any FT role play ideas running about?

Well, there is mine, and it's attracting some big names.

Boosh

Also, I unintentionally named the main earth government, the United Earth Government. Whatevs.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Vancon wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Is there any FT role play ideas running about?

Well, there is mine, and it's attracting some big names.

Boosh

Also, I unintentionally named the main earth government, the United Earth Government. Whatevs.

Meh
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:05 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
Vancon wrote:Well, there is mine, and it's attracting some big names.

Boosh

Meh

Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Vancon wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Meh

:Hug:

That was just a response to the UEG thing.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:07 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
Vancon wrote:

:Hug:

That was just a response to the UEG thing.

Good.

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Well I think we find a potential cure for the impending doom and the Z-virus
N/A

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:09 am

The problem I have is that I have good RP ideas out of every orifice but when it comes to making the thread I just can't sell it.

So I'm going to list a few brief postulations and you guys can use them, just credit me if you do.

1. Resistance based, one country acts as an occupier and the others must dislodge or disrupt them
2. One very powerful nation declares war on a coalition of smaller ones
3. Invasion or defence of a real life country for whatever reason
4. A nation begins systematic persecution of a certain cultural group, tensions rise as they fight back
5. A group of leaders of opposing nations are forced to work together in person to avoid assasins and other dangers.

Do with them what you will
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Central American Federal States
Civilian

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

WAR!!!

Postby Central American Federal States » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:53 pm

@@Central American Federal States@@ declares war on @@Great Empire of Gamilus@@

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm

I have an RP idea, and it centers on the Cayman Islands (South Holme).

It would concern a cultural event; in this case, the festival known as First Month Friday [see link above for details]; and would be a character-driven RP.

How would this work, and could it work successfully as a character RP?

Also, it's completely new characters, new setting I've not mentioned before, so would this work as an RP?

I'm looking to see if anyone's interested in this.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Socialist Union of Citizens
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Idea

Postby Socialist Union of Citizens » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:01 pm

My simple outline for a RP Idea is shown here:
Basically, someone would be 'in charge' (example: me) and they must know everything that a nation does. Like, if United Territories of Pizzaland was putting troops on the border to Pasta Republic, then they telegram me that they're putting troops on the border. Then, I would announce "Pizzaland has recently been rumored to have sent troops to their borders, mainly the border to Pizzaland.". For information told to me by, for example, Spaghetti Union that would be private or wouldn't be known by the public, Potato Soup Nation could try to spy on them, and I would eventually reveal that, for example, they're going to poison Pasta Republic leaders.
Pro: Choice, Socialism (Mostly Market/Mixed), Gay Marriage, Legal Cannabis + LSD, Evolution being taught in schools, Giving Immigrants a Chance
Neutral: Gun Control (I see it from a less extreme from both sides. More control, but don't make them illegal.)
Against: Forced Religion/Beliefs, Religion being taught in schools (the history of them is fine, but it should be highly moderated and all religions should have information about the good and bad things they've caused), Creationism/ID being taught in schools, Warmongering/Policing by the US

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents