NATION

PASSWORD

The Galactic Assembly - The Rules of War - Day 2 (FT Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:23 am

The better part of a day had passed since the first day of the Galactic Assembly conference had ended. Warren Schrader, the Jannarii Minister of War, had been up most of the night working on the first drafts of two treaties that he would be presenting to the GA. Today he was standing at the podium in the assembly hall next to the Aumanii Overlord, Sheikh Navarrone. The two were holding copies of a number of documents and were discussing the text and their plans for the day's proceedings. They were both wearing ear pieces and radios today and security was noticeably beefed as a result of the previous day's incident. Today, nobody but security would be getting anywhere close to the assembly hall with any sort of weapon, ceremonial or otherwise.

"I really hope that people can stay on topic today." said Schrader to the Aumanii Overlord. "I really hope we don't have to have anyone shot either."

As the two discussed the events of the previous day, Schrader took out an Aumanii cigar and lit it up while they waited for the rest of the delegates to arrive for the day's proceedings.

OOC: Nobody will be getting any weapons inside the building. Attending the conference constitutes granting permission for your characters to be killed or arrested if they try anything stupid. Any rulings made by Auman or myself are to be considered final. All delegates are already on the planet Vascilia in the Ambrosia system and have taken civilian transportation to the system. Nobody has warships in Vascilian space aside from Auman and his allies. I would have preferred to not have to establish such strict rules this time, but I don't want to have to kick anyone's delegates out or kill them again.

By the way, the first day's proceedings can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16282
Last edited by Bryn Shander on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Jannarii Empire | Founder of the Hermes Alliance
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
FT Map of the Milky Way | Qustions and Answers concerning the Jannarii Empire.
NS Futuretech on Facebook | NS Futuretech on IRC | NS Balls | NS Trainers
IBNFTW local 8492

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:42 am

Navarrone looked over the documents with a sneer on his face. While he was convinced that the documents were as good as they could get, he still had a bad taste in his mouth from the day before. He'd received a nasty phone call from the Turcosian Minister of War, Navid Andruze, which didn't end as well as he'd have liked. In brief, it ended with the men swearing at each other profusely before Andruze hung up. It didn't matter, though, Navarrone held the only veto in the Prosperity Council, and his planetary allies would be signing on to the conventions, whether they liked it or not.

'Going off topic isn't a bad thing, Warren. It tells us a lot about what we're dealing with out there. Told me a lot about who could and could not be trusted to do the right thing.' Navarrone used a local inflection to end the sentence, "Doing the right thing" was more or less the Aumanii way of categorizing a man as a barbarian, or not, depending on their actions. Navarrone was nursing a hang over from the night before. Schrader invited the Overlord out to the bar after the assembly came to a close, the two men got drunk and learned to put their animosity to the side... Even becoming friends in the process, if you could believe that. The Overlord viewed Schrader as a man that was too comfortable, he hadn't yet earned the same trust that Gerard Kessler had... Though, that was difficult to do, considering Navarrone and Kessler earned each others friendship damn near at gun point, during the Vascilia-Halcyon war and the following negotiations.

'I also have my doubts as to whether certain nations will even sign on to this treaty. The galaxy isn't as civilized as I had once hoped. I expect the Phenians, Raysians, Keflekki and maybe the Rethast to sign on. All the others are up in the air. If it goes better than that, I'll eat my pen.' Navarrone closed his portfolio and sighed. He was wearing his eye patch today, the bionic eye he usually wore was grating on him.

OOC:

I'm signing off on Bryn Shander's OOC rules. He is the thread starter, so naturally it's up to him what the basic rules are. Since it's my planet, I also agree with the security arrangements he has detailed. We discussed this on MSN and we'll continue to do so during the course of the thread. Any actions taken by Bryn Shander to represent my security forces will be discussed before they are carried out and he will only post such things if I am not present, and only if the situation warrants it.
Last edited by Auman on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 am

"I'm sure that once we get the treaty hammered out and finalized we'll be able to get a few signatures and then the momentum will spread the treaty across the galaxy." replied Schrader as he knocked some of his cigar's collected ashes into the ash tray on the podium. Aumanii cigars were some of the best in the galaxy, with their only real competition being the ones from Jannath. Jannath and Vascilia were fierce economic rivals, with their chief exports being the same and of the same general quality. Though their primary exports, tobacco and alcohol, were closely matched, the third chief export of the two nations was military hardware, and in that category the Jannarii had recently managed to secure a significant advantage in quality. The Jannarii advantage probably wouldn't last too long though, as the Vascilian engineers were always trying to top their Jannarii counterparts just as the Jannarii engineers were constantly trying to do the same.

"I just hope that we can get the other treaty to take root too. I figure it's probably the more questionable of the two at the moment." Schrader added before taking another puff.
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
IBNFTW local 8492

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:25 am

'Clearly... I'm sure I could put some pressure on the Galactic Commonwealth to sign on, as well. They're good people, though, so it shouldn't be hard.' Navarrone lit a cigarette and blew a smoke ring. If there was one thing that bonded the Hermetic peoples, it was their appreciation for the simple pleasures. Though, the Overlord felt that Jannarii cigarettes were a bit too light, he tolerated it. He read the reports filed by Armaude on his outing to the GCP, where ash trays were not provided and their hosts seemed appalled by his drinking.

He looked over the conference hall and noted all the unopened bottles of bourbon and ash trays, he smiled. 'You ever read the reports from the Richwood? Captain Thompson seemed more worried that they didn't smoke over their than the fact that they were undemocratic.' Laughed Navarrone. 'Now that I think of it, they usually serve water at these things...' he took a drag. He retrieved a decanter and a pair of glasses from the table behind them and poured them both a drink. 'This, my friend, is the freedom we enjoy... The kind we fight and die to protect.' He raised his glass to Schrader.

'To a more perfect galaxy, Mr. Schrader.'
Last edited by Auman on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:47 am

"To a more perfect galaxy, Overlord." replied Schrader as he raised his own glass. "I can probably pressure the Allied Systems Confederacy as well. They agreed to the same terms that the GCP did, so they'll benefit just as much."

It wasn't that the Jannarii cigarettes were light so much as Navarrone was a chainsmoker. There was also a small chance that he could have picked up the child strength smokes by mistake. Aumanii bourbon was without rival in the galaxy, however. The Jannarii specialized more on sour mash whisky, gin, and rum, whereas the Aumanii bled and sweat bourbon.

"If this conference is a success, the forces of freedom will be greatly bolstered and the tree of liberty will thrive." added Schrader as he emptied his glass and took a deep breath. After all, Broseph, the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
IBNFTW local 8492

Outer Heaven MK II
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 18, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Heaven MK II » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:04 am

With a sigh, Commander Cordova made his way toward the Assembly Hall, straightening out his uniform as he went. After witnessing the...'festivities' of yesterday's assembly positive thoughts were the last thing going through his head.

I'm just glad there's more security...at least I had the sense to wear some form of armour under this uniform. Hopefully today will be a little more on topic...

Cracking his knuckles, Cordova came to a stop just outside the Assembly Hall, taking a moment to re-position his cap. Dressed head to toe in the standard blue and gold naval uniform, he was the spitting image of a grizzled and well-aged Outer Heaven Officer, something the Universe had long ago forgotten to appreciate. Cordova took a moment to think back to the good old days, when things weren't so peaceful and any problem could be solved by a Beam Cannon salvo. Outer Heaven had long ago withdrawn from the Milky Way to consolidate it's own gains in other territories and sort out some internal security, and things had changed quite rapidly in the time past.

Well, I guess we'll have to make our mark again, even if it's going to be more paper based this time around...

Taking a breath, Cordova made his way into the Assembly Hall, glancing at the guards posted outside as he went past. He shot a nod off to the Aumanii and Jannarii delegates as he made his way to his desk. Grabbing the bottle of Bourbon provided, he poured himself half a glass before replacing the bottle, screwing the top on tightly. Taking a sip of the surprisingly good Bourbon, he pulled a small blob shaped device out of his pocket and placed it on the table, and waited expectantly for it to mold into a touch-screen notepad and pen. Grabbing the pen he scribbled some notes onto the notepad before having another sip of his Bourbon.

Alright, that's all the official crap out the way until some more people get here. Might as well socialize a bit.

Moving away from the table, Cordova made his way over to the delegates with a small grin on his face.

"Warren, Sheikh, how are we today?" He asked, his tone surprisingly laid back despite his very official appearance.
Last edited by Outer Heaven MK II on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:06 am

Navarrone finished his glass with a sorrowful expression. Both men had seen the horrors of war, Navarrone himself being raised on a sequence of well timed atrocities. He had come to terms with what he had done and was determined to make the universe better for the generation that followed him. He was a realist, he knew that war was never going to disappear. However, having been a pawn of the power elite until the coup that freed his world from tyrannical interests of a few men, he would do his best to make sure that any war he were to take part in was a just one.

'That's true, Warren... Too true, sadly. It's my own personal shame that I am considered a tyrant by so many. I think it's almost time to throw in the towel. It's time for a new generation to take the reins, don't you think? I've read about Alaron, he seems like a good man. The same of Bolizar Marduk could be said.' Navarrone filled their glasses again. 'I personally blocked that kid from joining the Aumanii Army. I bought too much into the sins of the father, I think. He's done an excellent job in the Havenic Army. He works in their sniper school, excellent leader I'm told.' Navarrone clicked his glass against Schrader's and promptly swallowed the liquid.

'We're old men, now. Our only duty, now, is to leave the place better than it was before and shove off.'
IBNFTW local 8492

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:19 am

Navarrone watched the Commander approach them and grab a bottle of bourbon. If IRON was more like us, they might stand a chance. He thought, pouring yet another glass for himself and Schrader. 'How's it going, Leigh? It's been awhile. The distance between galaxies has been a damper on our professional relationship.' Said Navarrone, waving over one of his regrettably few friends from Outer Heaven.
IBNFTW local 8492

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:28 am

"Don't kid yourself, Sheikh. We've still got quite a few years left in us." countered Schrader. "Alaron may be a bright kid and a hotshot pilot, but he needs another decade of military experience before he'll be ready to lead one of the most powerful militaries in the galaxy as the king of the Jannarii Empire."

"I worry a bit about the Havenics though. Although you robbed the cradle a bit when you hooked up with Ashley, I don't think that either she nor Sarah are ready to take over for Jimmy yet. When Valos accidentally the Havenic senate he pretty much killed the Havenic democracy as well, so they'll have to wait a few years before they'll be ready for a new imperator." added Schrader before he turned to Leigh. "We should be pretty good today. There shouldn't be any mishaps like yesterday since we beefed up security today. Aren't you a bit overdressed though?"

Both Sheikh and Warren were wearing simple suits and ties, a sharp contrast with Cordova's military uniform.
IBNFTW local 8492

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:29 am

Baron Ivan Fedorovich Kruzenshtern was not a happy person.

He had missed the first day of the conference due to some damnable local equivalent of the cold, from which he was not completely physically recovered. Then, on his arrival to the conference, he had been informed that he was not allowed to carry his Imperial Cartographic Society dagger inside, which had caused a row which had very nearly ended up in a fight. Thankfully an aid had gotten between him and the security personnel. He had sent the driver back to his lodgings rather than trust it to the hands of the locals. They didn't just hand those out to anybody. Kruzenshtern had been awarded the dagger after a daring cross-galactic expedition to map the furthest edges of the Etherway, resulting in, amazingly, the safe return of the entire crew despite the efforts of pirates, some sort of large, spaceborne, algae and, it seemed, the galaxy itself.

To top his irritation off, he had run out of booze. The local stuff was alright, but not really what you'd call PROPER drink. He'd even have preferred scotch to this stuff. At least you knew that came from a real plant and not some giant purple and orange cactus-berry. Or whatever they had here. There had only been room for a few bottles on the ship which, shared between ten Russians, had not lasted very long.

Currently he was passing the time by refreshing himself on the proceedings of the previous day. Occasionally he would tap a finger on his chair's arm, producing a distinctly metallic 'ping' noise. Being seated in the front row he was, as it happened, ideally situated to catch the 'the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants' comment from the podium. Having been previously informed that the Tsar would be most displeased if the name of the Russian Empire was besmirched during the conference, he settled for a modest 'harumph' without looking up from the minutes of the last meeting. The aid, too, flinched slightly and shot a look up at the speakers, but quickly refocused on the documents.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:42 am

Navarrone and the two men next to him watched the newcomer sit down in a front row seat with interest. The Overlord took his datapad out of his pocket and looked over the guest list and their associated photographs.

'Baron Kruzenshtern... What are you doing down there?' Asked Navarrone in dismay. 'The party is up here, please join us.' He said, drink in hand.
IBNFTW local 8492

Independent Legos
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: The Galactic Assembly - The Rules of War - Day 2 (FT Open)

Postby Independent Legos » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 am

Counselor Morrsha Rease entered without incident and took his seat. He had quite enjoyed his evening in Lake Patricia, and had decided that if this conference ended up slogging forward at the same glacial pace as yesterday, he could probably console himself in this world's comfortable night life.

Indeed, if it ended up taking a month, that might not be so bad. He'd simply have to watch his alcohol intake...
Last edited by Independent Legos on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Outer Heaven MK II
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Heaven MK II » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:57 am

Cordova smiled at Sheikh. One thing he always appreciated about the Hermes get togethers was the honest banter he could have with other representatives and leaders, sans all the political foreplay and correctness.

"A while indeed...I've been alright, aside from the leadership's attempts to get me to retire. Apparently the need for Veterans is down now we're not at war with any major power, but I enjoy my job way too much to be enticed by my adequate pension. And blame the leadership again for that damper, I'm in the neighborhood on a near weekly basis now but after a certain event some years back Outer Heaven is trying to keep to itself as much as possible, despite our commitment to Hermes."

Taking a substantial sip from his glass, Cordova laughed a little at Warren's comment. "I suppose so, but I like the uniform, it looks good and it's pretty damn comfortable. Plus I'm expected to wear full dress uniform whenever I'm representing the nation like this."

Cordova watched the Baron take a seat with the others, before deciding the continue with the conversation.

"So what's new these days? Yesterday was my first taste of Milky Way happenings in a long while, usually when I'm in this neck of the woods I'm just patrolling space near our assets."

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:03 am

"In conclusion, I'm not exactly convinced these articles are going to aid our security." Ambassador Kazankrov walked down the hall to the meeting room with his better-dressed companion who had arrived the night before. Granted, it was only an Avatar, not the real person, but still.

I am inclined to agree. The Avatar responded telepathically in order to avoid anyone potentially overhearing them. While the prisoner articles are acceptable, your theories on other as-yet-unproposed articles are troublesome. The technological development of the Jannarii and the Aumanii is far from reaching the level of the Amaranthine Imperium, and I fear that they may attempt to ban research and development of such things they cannot yet understand. The Avatar and Kazankrov approached the door to the assembly room in outward silence, both appearing deep in thought.

I also don't appreciate the fact that the clearly already-drafted treaty was not released prior to the conference itself, Ambassador Kandajr Kazankrov responded, this time telepathically. It's just common courtesy. But, Your Majesty, I cannot say I share your distrust of the Aumanii and the Jannarii. They may be brutes, but they're not malicious, and they're certainly worthy allies; certainly better than most other nations we've dealt with. Even you, My Princess, must admit that. The Avatar of Her Imperial Highness Knyazhna Doctor Lauren Alexeiovna Andropova stayed indignantly silent as she walked down the main isle with Kazankrov to the Dersconi delegation area. Kazankrov smiled. The victory is mine. Will you be staying for the conference, My Princess? The Avatar sneered.

As if I have nothing better to do than waste my time in a group of pompous barbarians thinking they can save the galaxy by cute treaties and painting pretty pictures with the blood spilled and to be spilled. I will leave such menial tasks to you. I only wished to hear your update and inform you of the latest developments in the project. Kazankrov audibly chuckled.

Oh Lauren, you can be such a bitch sometimes. He patted the Avatar on the back and kissed Lauren's cheek as she embraced him.

Being nice is no fun. Is that the Russian Empire delegate? Steer clear. Tsar Alexei also claims the 'Autocrat of All Russias' title. I don't feel like having to tell Father about a diplomatic dispute over insecure male egos. Have fun, Kandajr. Ambassador Kazankrov turned around and walked toward the gathering delegates as the Avatar of the only daughter of Tsar Alexei dissipated. Approaching, the Ambassador smiled and greeted those present, waving with a black gloved hand that went with the Imperial Court Suit Kandajr was wearing.

"Commander, Minister, Overlord, hello again."
Last edited by Derscon on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:18 am

"Hello, Kandjar." replied Schrader. "I take it that the stuck-up cunt won't be joining us?"

It was clear that the Jannarii had a significant level of disdain for the Dersconi "princess". She was the epitome of the aristocrat completely detatched from reality, and she was entirely self important to boot.

"Please, join us for a drink." he said before turning to Cordova once again. "Not a whole lot. A bunch of self proclaimed protectors of the northern half of the galaxy have plunged us into a cold war while simultaneously shitting all over the free market and everything we stand for. If not for the treaty that Gerard managed to establish with them at the last meeting of this assembly I'd probably be overseeing the occupation of their worlds right now."
IBNFTW local 8492

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 am

Navarrone burst out laughing. His lack of respect for the military force of IRON broadcast in a very obvious manner. 'Thank God for the treaty of Lake Patricia, can you imagine the expense?' Said Sheikh, taking a hard slug of the Aumanii bourbon. But in all reality, the treaty was the only thing that prevented the two alliances from going to war. If it weren't for Lake Patricia, the expense of Aumanii Shock Troopers in Macedonika would probably defeat the Overlord's regime.
IBNFTW local 8492

Outer Heaven MK II
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Outer Heaven MK II » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:32 am

Cordova nodded at the Kazankrov in acknowledgement. He was about to verbally greet him when Schrader beat him to it, his eyebrows rising in surprise at the language used.

Blunt...but I suppose he can get away with it in these circumstances.

Flashing a brief smile at the ambassador, Cordova focused his attention on Schrader again as he explained what the recent happenings were. Nodding a few times, Cordova couldn't help but chuckle a little at Schrader's closing comment.

"Well it sounds a hell of a lot more exciting than what's going on back at home to be quite frank. Just as long as Hermes remembers that Outer Heaven is quite happy to fulfill it's obligations as a member nation in case the war starts heating up." He said, sipping his bourbon and making sure to look both Sheikh and Warren in the eyes.
Last edited by Outer Heaven MK II on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrrin
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tyrrin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:54 am

Ambassador Holfsen strode into the room, with a suit so deep red it was almost black. He wanted to make an impression on this assembly, as Tyrrin was not a nation that was well represented in galactic affairs up to this point. Luckily, it seemed he had missed only small talk so far. All of these old war buddies chatting about past activities that Holfsen would never be involved in. This was probably for the better, because Holfsen had very specific things he wanted to accomplish with this assembly. As he took a seat close to the front, he hoped that the chit chat would end soon, and the real talk would commence.

Tyrrin was obviously a newcomer on the galactic stage. As far military power, they had enough to defend the few systems surrounding Tyrrin, but nothing threatening. They wanted safety to be close to guaranteed for the smaller systems in the galaxy. A few alliances wouldn’t hurt either, but Holfsen didn’t want to pull Tyrrin into any of the larger alliances. They were on the border between two different alliances (Hermes and IRON?), and siding with either one would put Tyrrin at risk. This was a very risky business indeed. Holfsen just hoped that he was up to the task.

NERV arms conglomerate
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby NERV arms conglomerate » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:15 am

delete..
Last edited by NERV arms conglomerate on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a member of the league of armed neutrality
a member of the Inter-Galactic Security Council
a member of the Alliance of Celestial Corporations
A member of GESO

hi, I'm female, I'm a Corbyn supporter, I believe in a fair and equal singularity and I try to make money by making films.(not going all that well)

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:45 am

(OOC:
Sorry, I'm gonna be a bit slow. It looks like you guys are in the wrong timezone for me :P)

The baron raised an eyebrow at the podium, said something to his aid in Russian and stood. Those with good hearing might have been able to detect the faint, mechanical, whine from from his left arm and leg. There was also the faint tinkling of medals to contend with. Kruzenshtern had opted to avoid ostentatious display of his various awards and had gone for a minimalist approach with his medals, which meant that the front of his jacket was actually visible and didn't jingle merrily when he walked. Besides the plethora of shiny metal objects, his uniform was quite plain, a black officers jacket with brass buttons and black trousers. Being, technically, a gentleman, he had left his cap with the aide.

Still, however, it was quite obvious why back injuries were so common among European nobility and generals.

Moving carefully to avoid stepping on anything resembling toes, Kruzenshtern stumped up to the podium, cursing the new prosthetic slightly under his breath. He still wasn't quite used to it, and he was sure that ever since he had arrived here it had been acting strangely. Probably the magnetic field or something.

"Gentlemen." He spoke when he had completed the process of ascending the steps. He did not say "Jacobite scum" because that would have been rude, "I understand the previous meeting was somewhat eventful. Unfortunately my typist is doggedly attached to the notion of writing down everything which occurs, down to the movement of dust motes around the room, and so I am somewhat in the dark as to exactly what went on." His voice was, surprisingly, rather mellow for somebody with two artificial limbs and a face which appeared to be little more than a network of various scars, some of which, in fact, had scars on them. "I am Ivan Fedorovich Kruzenshtern, as you seem to know, servant to His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nichoals IX."

(OOC:
Always remember to check who you're logged in as before you post, kiddies)
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:21 pm

"Good afternoon, Mister Kruzenshtern." replied Schrader as he poured the Russian a drink. "I anticipated that we might have some late arrivals, so I made sure to have notes concerning yesterday's meeting placed in the top left drawer of every desk for people to review should they need to catch up. Please, have a drink."

While Schrader was entirely intact, a benefit of his carreer as a naval officer far removed from most of the grittiest fighting, Kruzenshtern was not the only one with cybernetic limbs and enough wounds to fill a medical journal. The Aumanii Overlord, Sheikh Navarrone was a retired Aumanii Shock Trooper and the head of one of his nation's special units before he quit and became a PI and later the Overlord. Navarrone's body was less than intact; one of his arms had been lost shortly after the end of the Hermes-Vascilian War on Arcturus VII, while his eye had been lost in the Vascilian War of Global Domination. Fortunately, Aumanii medical technology was advanced enough that nobody would know unless they were told, or in cases like today, the Overlord wasn't wearing his cybernetic eye and instead went with the classic black eyepatch.

OOC: I added a link to the previous thread in the first post.
Last edited by Bryn Shander on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Taledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:30 pm

"What a delightful place," Rearden stated to himself as he entered the hall. "Very formal and proper. Good architecture, very functional. I like it." He moved slowly from the door through the room, casually looking around with wide, interested eyes, taking in all the folds and joining points. It truly was a nice building, a bit showy, perhaps, but forgivable. He stopped as he noticed a guard before him, and suddenly realized that the room, and indeed the entire area, was crawling with them. I wonder if I'm not under-dressed, he thought to himself. He dismissed it, and strode confidently towards the seating. A few men, some in suits that would match his own simple but expensive navy blue wardrobe, and others in more military garb. Couldn't possibly be comfortable, he thought. Moving to the back row of seats, he unbuttoned his jacket, revealing more of the dark, crimson tie that sat against a black shirt without a single wrinkle. He sat down, and slouched a bit, reclining as much as he decently could in a chair meant to have you sit straight, and he waited. Reaching into his jacket, he produced a small data pad, and began reading over reports of trade lanes, expenditure figures, and most importantly, the daily news. Apparently there was reports of an attack on the far off colony of Aldis. The evidence was still pending, as a probe was scheduled to be deployed for surveillance of the area. He looked up briefly, and saw a guard standing at the back wall. "Excuse me," he called over, "I don't mean to seem like a silly type, but I'm rather new to this place, and wonder if there is any service? Or must I go find a cup of tea myself?" The guard didn't reply, perhaps due to orders or because he hadn't heard. "Suit yourself," Rearden said, "I can manage for awhile."

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:20 pm

"Do we have to go back to this VarTayen? After the debacle of yesterday's meeting especially..."

The two Rethast diplomats entered the room, staring straight ahead and whispering in their native tongue into their masks.

"Grow up Serans. You cling to the old ways too heavily. Please at least try to be civil this time around. Or let me do all the talking."

The slightly shorter Rethast kept silent and said nothing. As Serans moved to a desk and sat down, withdrawing the dataslates they had thus far used to record the events and beginning to prepare everything for the second days events, VarTayen moved over to speak with the hosts. He glanced back briefly and shook his head at the inherent anti-social behaviour of his comrade. He brushed down his jet black coat and straightened his shirt before speaking. His voice rasped through the mask and the barely audible whine of his breathing apparatus.

"Greetings once again Overlord, Minister; I hope I'm not out of place nor interrupting. I look forward to today's proceedings. Hopefully things will not be quite as chaotic as yesterday's. For all our sakes."

VarTayen turned to look at the Dersconi, Outer Heaven and Russian delegates.

"And I believe we have not met, gentlemen. Diplomat VarTayen of the Rethast Militocracy."
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

NERV arms conglomerate
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby NERV arms conglomerate » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:21 pm

delete...
Last edited by NERV arms conglomerate on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a member of the league of armed neutrality
a member of the Inter-Galactic Security Council
a member of the Alliance of Celestial Corporations
A member of GESO

hi, I'm female, I'm a Corbyn supporter, I believe in a fair and equal singularity and I try to make money by making films.(not going all that well)

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Kazankrov chuckled. "No, Doctor Andropova will not be joining us. And I wouldn't bash her too hard, Minister. She's the loudest voice in favor of remaining and taking a role in Hermes against the more non-interventionist conservative nobility. As for that drink, yes please." As he got his drink, he glanced over at Tsar Nikolas's representative, hoping he could stay true to Knyazhna's warning to avoid interaction. Little was known about the Russian Empire, and it was unknown whether they would care or not that two leaders claimed dominion over the same territory.

Kandajr stayed out of the IRON discussion, though. Everyone in touch with galactic politics knew Derscon's tenuous position. With many of the prominent members of IRON - including the founders - being ESUS, and Derscon being ESUS, the conflict forced Derscon to walk a tight rope, but still remaining very friendly with what were basically the enemies of Hermes. However, Derscon also had great disdain for IRON, as the Amaranthine Imperium were, first and foremost, free market people, and IRON was everything that the individualistic, freedom-loving Dersconi stood against.
Last edited by Derscon on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents