NATION

PASSWORD

Axis-NATO Cold War RP (OOC/signup, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Axis-NATO Cold War RP (OOC/signup, Open)

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Originating thread: viewtopic.php?p=12346299&sid=720e8c3b9b991dbc20ab59a68abc9e0d#p12346299 (courtesy of Vidinia)

IC thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219575

Backstory (courtesy of Vidinia)

The year is 1950, the Second Great War had ended 4 years passed with an Axis Victory following the Second Battle of Normandy. Europe lays in disarray with the majority of the continent having fallen under the black banner of Fascism. The Soviet Union is but a shadow of its former glory. At the Fall of Moscow, General Secretary Josef Stalin along with many officials, perished in the siege, leaving the remnant of the USSR under the pitiful leadership of Nikita Khrushchev fighting a continued losing war against the Thousand Year Reich, there is no conceivable way for them to succeed, but they will fight until the last one of them draws breath. The Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler, is preparing for his retirement within the decade, whilst his Japanese counterpart Hideki Tojo died peacefully in his sleep in 1948, 2 years after the War's end; he has been replaced by Nobusuke Kishi as Prime Minister.

France is divided between the fascist Popular Democratic Republic of France (ruled by the French Popular Party) in the north and the southern French Republic. Mexico, holding an extreme hatred of the United States and all that it sees in it, has sided with the Axis powers, being the western most state in the Greater German Reich's sphere of influence.

In Asia, Japan reigns as the undisputed state. China rests safely under the hands of Chiang Kai-shek and the Kuomintang allied neither with the Axis or NATO.

Nations taken so far:

Germany: OPEN - please apply with examples of your RPs
The SS: Iander
Turkey: Turkiye Federal Republic
Hungary: Hungramy
Bulgaria: Bulgaars
Cuba: South Cvandia
China(?): Sedikal
(White settlers alliance in British African territories): Albion Rhodesia
Italy: Verbluffen
British Empire + protectorates: Arthurista (I'll take the dominions and other associated territories including India (an undivided dominion with Nehru as PM and Jinnah his deputy), Egypt, Israel etc. along until someone decides to grab one of them. Feel free to take Aus, Canada etc. )
Zepplien: Japan
USSR: Hypparchia
USA: Kryskov
French Republic: Thrice Crownlands
Fascist France: Benutanairan
Left Wing factions of the French Resistance: Vashtanaraada
Romania: The Holy Empire of Caraani
Spain: Sovjetia

List of NATO members:

US
UK
Canada
South France
Portugal
Turkey

TEMPORARY OFFICIAL MAP (Special thanks to Hypparchia)

Please bear in mind the 2 years tech rule
Last edited by Arthurista on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Might I reserve a position as The French Republic (according to the OP, it exists)? I'm thinking the border between it and the PDRF would be the main branch of the Loire and the main branch of the Rhone, the capital in Vichy, and colonial possesions divided as such

French Republic: All American possessions (As per the Monroe Doctrine), French West Africa, The Mandate of Syria, and the Indian Cities

PDRF: French Equatorial Africa, Algeria, Tunis, Madigascar,the Mandate of Lebanon, and Morocco

Somaliland is in the hands of Italy, and Pacific possessions in the hands of Japan.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:Might I reserve a position as The French Republic (according to the OP, it exists)? I'm thinking the border between it and the PDRF would be the main branch of the Loire and the main branch of the Rhone, the capital in Vichy, and colonial possesions divided as such

French Republic: All American possessions (As per the Monroe Doctrine), French West Africa, The Mandate of Syria, and the Indian Cities

PDRF: French Equatorial Africa, Algeria, Tunis, Madigascar,the Mandate of Lebanon, and Morocco

Somaliland is in the hands of Italy, and Pacific possessions in the hands of Japan.

Well, according to the OP, there's also a fascist East France. So I'd actually say that West France is somehow de Gaulle's lot (who would have retaken all the colonial bits form the Vichy by 1944). Maybe Overlord didn't completely fail? Alternatively, maybe he got the western half as part of the ceasefire?

Maybe have the Seine/Loire as the dividing line?
Last edited by Arthurista on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Thrice Crownlands wrote:Might I reserve a position as The French Republic (according to the OP, it exists)? I'm thinking the border between it and the PDRF would be the main branch of the Loire and the main branch of the Rhone, the capital in Vichy, and colonial possesions divided as such

Well, according to the OP, there's also a fascist East France. So I'd actually say that West France is somehow de Gaulle's lot (who would have retaken all the colonial bits form the Vichy by 1944). Maybe Overlord didn't completely fail? Alternatively, maybe he got the western half as part of the ceasefire?

That's the PDRF, which I assume is the Vichy French government or something to that effect moved up to Paris. I personally throught that it went something along the lines of this; Overlord failed, but since the Germans devoted more resources to it, Dragoon met with increased success, especially after The Army of North Africa was pulled from Free Africa to assist the assult, setting up a sort of Presidential Dictatorship under de Gaulle. However, they met a standstill, and evetually the Free French, strapped for manpower, agreed to a settlement, spliting their colonies with the PDRF set up by Germany. As the Mod of this thread, I'll leave specific can or can not decisions to you, and you can decide how to divide colonies.

Benutanairan
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 pm

This seems interesting
NS resident Frenchman/ Supporter of the UMP
Playing as Fascist France in Alternate Cold War
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219575
1950 Shadows playing as US
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219586

Serving as an Elemental priest in Elementals: Return of Kayorest
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219722

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

That's the PDRF, which I assume is the Vichy French government or something to that effect moved up to Paris. I personally throught that it went something along the lines of this; Overlord failed, but since the Germans devoted more resources to it, Dragoon met with increased success, especially after The Army of North Africa was pulled from Free Africa to assist the assult, setting up a sort of Presidential Dictatorship under de Gaulle. However, they met a standstill, and evetually the Free French, strapped for manpower, agreed to a settlement, spliting their colonies with the PDRF set up by Germany. As the Mod of this thread, I'll leave specific can or can not decisions to you, and you can decide how to divide colonies.

Sure, we can go with that. So on Metro France you get everything south of the Loire?

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Any chance of having the Vichy French ( Fascist France)?

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Thrice Crownlands wrote:That's the PDRF, which I assume is the Vichy French government or something to that effect moved up to Paris. I personally throught that it went something along the lines of this; Overlord failed, but since the Germans devoted more resources to it, Dragoon met with increased success, especially after The Army of North Africa was pulled from Free Africa to assist the assult, setting up a sort of Presidential Dictatorship under de Gaulle. However, they met a standstill, and evetually the Free French, strapped for manpower, agreed to a settlement, spliting their colonies with the PDRF set up by Germany. As the Mod of this thread, I'll leave specific can or can not decisions to you, and you can decide how to divide colonies.

Sure, we can go with that. So on Metro France you get everything south of the Loire?

Indeed. So, I think it's more North France and South France then East France and West France.

And Yes, Facist France is available, but you can't be in Vichy. Free France hold dominion in the south.

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

Indeed. So, I think it's more North France and South France then East France and West France.

And Yes, Facist France is available, but you can't be in Vichy. Free France hold dominion in the south.

So the Fascist are in paris now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_occ ... rld_War_II

Historical territory ( in this case reversed)
Last edited by Benutanairan on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Benutanairan wrote:
Thrice Crownlands wrote:

If you'd like that to be your capital. I'm setting myself up in Vichy (or perhaps Lyon, if this is a pure north-south divide).

Roughly, but I would also control that Atlantic coast up to the Loire. It was, after all, the area hardest hit by Dragoon. Does that work with you? The we'd have alot of split cities... and thus alot of ground for tension.
Last edited by Thrice Crownlands on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Benutanairan wrote:

If you'd like that to be your capital. I'm setting myself up in Vichy (or perhaps Lyon, if this is a pure north-south divide).

Roughly, but I would also control that Atlantic coast up to the Loire. It was, after all, the area hardest hit by Dragoon. Does that work with you?

A pure North-South Divide seems more reasonable and geographically pleasing.

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Benutanairan wrote:
Thrice Crownlands wrote:

Roughly, but I would also control that Atlantic coast up to the Loire. It was, after all, the area hardest hit by Dragoon. Does that work with you?

Agreed then, Marshal Pétain. Do you have any complants on the division of the colonies?
Last edited by Thrice Crownlands on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Benutanairan wrote:

Agreed then, Marshal Pétain.

If this is 1950 ( Marshal Petain would be dead) mainly because he was old when he assumed the Vichy presidency in 1940

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Benutanairan wrote:
Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Agreed then, Marshal Pétain.

If this is 1950 ( Marshal Petain would be dead) mainly because he was old when he assumed the Vichy presidency in 1940

Alright then, whomever you are. Do you have any complaints on the division of the colonies?

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:29 pm

Thrice Crownlands wrote:
Benutanairan wrote:

Alright then, whomever you are. Do you have any complaints on the division of the colonies?

Nope

Thrice Crownlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Thrice Crownlands » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:07 pm

A map would probably be a nice addition, or at least some kind of ledger showing who owns what, with German and Japanese conquests, British protectorates, colony swaping (I'm assuming The Reich would have demanded her African colonies back?) ect.

Hypparchia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypparchia » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm making a map as we speak.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Hypparchia wrote:I'm making a map as we speak.

Thanks! Please bear in mind my backstory to the Empire viewtopic.php?p=12437167#p12437167

I don't think Hitler'll be all that bothered with the Africa colony - I think he was a Bismarckian continentalist - Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Caucasus etc. were his prime targets.

Besides, Albion Rhodesia would probably want Tanzania and South-African run Namibia as part of his alliance :)
Last edited by Arthurista on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hypparchia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypparchia » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Hypparchia wrote:I'm making a map as we speak.

Thanks! Please bear in mind my backstory to the Empire viewtopic.php?p=12437167#p12437167

I don't think Hitler'll be all that bothered with the Africa colony - I think he was a Bismarckian continentalist - Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Caucasus etc. were his prime targets.

Besides, Albion Rhodesia would probably want Tanzania and South-African run Namibia as part of his alliance :)

Alright, I'm almost done. Since I'm still dealing with some rough edges, I'd like to know a bit more on the white settlers' alliance - does it include the whole of Namibia ? I believe back then it was still part of SA. Which modern countries is it made up of ?

Also, I made borders for Egypt, Israel, Jordan and Palestine; India is not the same colour as Britain, nor is Burma, Hong Kong is Japanese and I've kept a few minor states like Mengjiang, East Turkestan, Croatia and Slovakia to make things a bit more interesting. The rest is pretty much what has already been agreed upon.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Hypparchia wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

Alright, I'm almost done. Since I'm still dealing with some rough edges, I'd like to know a bit more on the white settlers' alliance - does it include the whole of Namibia ? I believe back then it was still part of SA. Which modern countries is it made up of ?

Also, I made borders for Egypt, Israel, Jordan and Palestine; India is not the same colour as Britain, nor is Burma, Hong Kong is Japanese and I've kept a few minor states like Mengjiang, East Turkestan, Croatia and Slovakia to make things a bit more interesting. The rest is pretty much what has already been agreed upon.

South Africa,Southern Rhodesia, Northern Rhodesia, Nyassaland, and Kenya, at least. Japan should have Burma - we stopped the 1944 offensive at Imphal and Kohima as happened historically but the counter-offensive in 45 ran into stalemate (they had a lot more troops to throw at the theatre after repulsing the Yanks at the Philippines) - so we end up divvying it up along the old Burma border.

We might have Tanganyika as the only black-African run dominion in East Africa under Julius Nyerere - that'll be interesting once the settlers begin to chafe under my tyranny...

My territories (provisionally): http://i.imgur.com/LZsqb.png
Last edited by Arthurista on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:03 pm

PDRF

Background

Continues to follow the platform of racial and ethnic segregation set forth by the Petain Administration
However given the North-South Split it has moved the capital to Paris and gained control of the northern industrial areas. It enforces heavy fascist propaganda in school and Media and enforces orderly clean streets with the French Secret Police. France has become and industrial-service protectorate of Germany providing tourist spots and goods to Germany. It still has Paris filled with German troops as part of the 3rd Armistice but has regained its full potential with its navy and army. It is currently led Grand Marshal Jean Cleade Christophe who replaced Petain in 1947. The official French flag is the tricolor with the fascist Christian flag and Catholicism has been put through a fascist blender and reorganized. The country seeks to carve a future among a German-Japanese dominated world and a hub of democracy in North America.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Benutanairan wrote:PDRF

Background

Continues to follow the platform of racial and ethnic segregation set forth by the Petain Administration
However given the North-South Split it has moved the capital to Paris and gained control of the northern industrial areas. It enforces heavy fascist propaganda in school and Media and enforces orderly clean streets with the French Secret Police. France has become and industrial-service protectorate of Germany providing tourist spots and goods to Germany. It still has Paris filled with German troops as part of the 3rd Armistice but has regained its full potential with its navy and army. It is currently led Grand Marshal Jean Cleade Christophe who replaced Petain in 1947. The official French flag is the tricolor with the fascist Christian flag and Catholicism has been put through a fascist blender and reorganized. The country seeks to carve a future among a German-Japanese dominated world and a hub of democracy in North America.

Just realised - we'd have to set up a British Army of the Loire, just like the real life BAOR :P

Benutanairan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Arthurista wrote:
Benutanairan wrote:PDRF

Background

Just realised - we'd have to set up a British Army of the Loire, just like the real life BAOR :P

Also the PDRF is the name of the country XD

call me BEN

why not the French DMZ?
Last edited by Benutanairan on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Benutanairan wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

why not the French DMZ?

Name corrected :)

Yep, why not? Even then we'll have some tripwire garrison in South France though, just like the US Eighth Army in ROK.
Last edited by Arthurista on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vashtanaraada
Minister

Founded: Nov 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashtanaraada » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm

can i represent the communist, socialist, anarchist workers that made up the anti-fascist french resistance?
19 Year Old Male, British (Scouser), Bassist, plays Heavy Metal + Hard Rock
Apatheist, Ex-Smoker and Ex-Stoner, Bi-Curious, ENFP Personality Type
University Student and Member of The Labour Party (United Kingdom)
-9.13 Economic
-6.00 Social
FOR - Democratic Socialism/ Classical Marxism/ Trade-Unionism/ Pro-Choice/ Anti-Nationalism/ Revolution/ Direct Democracy/ Internationalism/ Soft Drugs/ L.G.B.T Rights/ Ecologism/ Gender Equality.

AGAINST - Fascism/ Capitalism/ Conservatism/ Militarism/ Racism/ Homophobia/ Oligarchy/ Monarchy/ Hierarchy/ Austerity/ Dictatorships/ Leninism/ Privatisation/ Stereotypes/ Nuclear Weaponry.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents