NATION

PASSWORD

Moscow Conference

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:46 am

The United States of Schorr wrote:Fine but can the delegate please have the right to run for the security council? if that is approved than I support it.

As I have said again and again, yes the Delegate is free to do so.

The United States of Schorr
Envoy

Founded: Nov 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Schorr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am

Ok I would feel much better if there was a 6 of 6 override but contingent upon the removal of article 6 I would vote for it.

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:55 am

The United States of Schorr wrote:Ok I would feel much better if there was a 6 of 6 override but contingent upon the removal of article 6 I would vote for it.

At last we have sort out our dissenting opinions. Also, I don't see any need to remove Article 6 since it is important because it containts the power of the Security Council over embassy approvals.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Schorr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am

Remove the delegate portion and Im just wondering why won't you have a 6 of 6 override, its just a way to keep the balance of power equal

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 am

The United States of Schorr wrote:Remove the delegate portion and Im just wondering why won't you have a 6 of 6 override, its just a way to keep the balance of power equal

It is just stating the real role of the WA Delegate and I don't see the need to remove it.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Schorr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:06 am

I still don't see why we can't have a 6 of 6 override

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

The United States of Schorr wrote:I still don't see why we can't have a 6 of 6 override

Can't we just move on? We're done with this right and you agreed so case closed.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Schorr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 am

I'm just not feeling good about unlimited veto power

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 am

The United States of Schorr wrote:I'm just not feeling good about unlimited veto power

We are offended by your statements. It implies again as if we will endanger our own region.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Schorr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 am

It is not a personal affront. It is just a check and balance.

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:26 am

The United States of Schorr wrote:It is not a personal affront. It is just a check and balance.

I am asking you for the last time, we are through with this. Shall we move on?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Schorr » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 am

I guess, I'm unhappy that you won't compromise though.

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 am

The United States of Schorr wrote:I guess, I'm unhappy that you won't compromise though.

Thank you then.

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:39 am

As the Chairman, I will be closing the period of amendments within then next 12 hours.

Hence, I urge everyone to scrutinize the final draft so we could proceed with the final vote.

WORLD ALLIANCE CONSTITUTION (in progress)

Article 1) Supranational Sovereignty

The World Alliance Government is the supreme governing authority of the region whose sovereign powers are accorded by all the sovereign member states of the World Alliance who are subject to its laws and policies.

The World Alliance Government shall maintain peace, justice, freedom, security, stability in the region.

The World Alliance Government shall have its headquarters located in the City of Moscow, Eurussia.

Article 2) Security Council

The Security Council is the sole executive and legislative arm of the Government composed of seven member states where one of which is the Founder who shall serve as a permanent member with veto power and where six of which shall be elected before the end of each month and shall begin their term on the first day of the succeeding month via majority votes of all members of the region in which whoever achieves the highest number of votes shall become the head of the Security Council referred as the President of the Security Council and/or the World Alliance.

The Security Council is responsible in all supranational executive and legislative functions of the region and the enforcement of all its laws and policies via majority decisions where in case of resignation, the President shall nominate a replacement approved by the existing members of the Council to complete the unfinished term.

Article 3) Court of Justice

The Court of Justice is the sole judicial arm and law interpreter of the Government composed of three member states nominated by the President approved by the Security Council where one of which shall serve as the Chief Justice and two of which shall serve as Associate Justices whose terms are unlimited unless otherwise replaced or removed by the President approved by the Security Council.

The Court of Justice is responsible in all supranational judicial functions, interpretation of all international laws, settlement of all kinds of disputes whose actions shall be via majority decisions.

In case of resignation, the President shall nominate the replacement approved by the Security Council. However, if a Justice becomes a party to a case, its post shall be deemed vacant immediately and the President shall nominate a temporary replacement approved by the Security Council and if the Justice is cleared of all charges, it is immediately reinstated but if the Justice is guilty in the case, the temporary replacement shall permanently become a Justice.

Article 4) Sovereign Rights

The member states of the region shall exercise and shall not be infringed against the following:

* Right to Self Defense
* Right to Self Governance
* Right to Free Association
* Right to Express Opinions
* Right to Self Determination
* Right to Due Process and Fair Trial
* Right to Participate in the World Assembly
* Right to Endorse a World Assembly Delegate
* Right to Exercise Sovereignty and Independence
* Right to Non-interference except against this Constitution
* Right to Enter into Treaties except against this Constitution
* Right to Administrative Powers by Founder in times of instability
* Right to Establish Colonies if it Carries the Name of the Mother State

Article 5) Sovereign Prohibitions

* No member state shall operate an incognito puppet state.
* No member state shall resort to war whether in outer space or not.
* No executive or administrative powers shall be granted to the delegate.
* No intergovernmental organization shall operate unless approved by the Security Council.
* No subsidiary regional government organ shall operate unless approved by the Security Council.
* No member state shall serve in more than one post unless explicitly stated by this Constitution.

Article 6) External Policy and Affairs

The external affairs and policy initiatives of the region shall be exercised by the Security Council which involves the review, rejection, invitation, and approval of embassies and the formulation of inter-regional policies.

The World Assembly Delegate is the sole representative of the Government to the World Assembly and all its subsidary organs and shall be elected anytime via the most number of endorsements of all the members of the region that are members of the World Assembly; and is responsible in promoting the interests and policies of the region to the World Assembly, in promoting the concensus of all World Assembly members of the region, and in coordinating cooperatively with the Security Council in ensuring stability in the region.

Article 6) Banning and Ejection Punishment

Banning and ejection are the ultimate punishment accorded by the World Alliance Government to any member state committing serious offenses either jointly or separately determined by the exercising authorities such as the Court of Justice through its decisions, the Security Council for emergency situations, and the Founder for extreme cases.

Banning and ejection shall be the ultimate punishment for violation of any provision of this constitution.

Article 7) In-Game Roleplay Rules and Policies

The official regional map shall be the map adopted by the region at the time of adoption of this charter and any further claims thereof shall not have a size more than two thirds of the size of the territory of the Founder who shall have the supreme authority over its administration. There shall be no colonization of unclaimed territories and claimed territories left by members of the region shall automatically become a neutral and unclaimed territory.

If a member state voluntarily withdrew its claim on the map, it shall be partitioned determined by the Founder.

The roleplaying communications, operations, and activities of the region and by its members shall be accurately supported by statistical facts through the use of on-site statistical applications and/or off-site statistical trackers.

Article 8) Constitutional Revisions and Amendments

Any revisions or amendments in any part hereof can be proposed by any member state with the support of a member of the Security Council in which such amendment shall be adopted via unanimous approval of the Security Council.

Article 9) Constitutionality and Sovereign Effectivity

This charter shall be the ultimate law of the World Alliance and all existing laws in effect prior to its adoption shall be deemed repealed and all future laws upon its adoption shall be consistent with the contents, provisions, and spirit of this constitution.

This charter shall be approved via super majority of all members of the World Alliance present on the concurrent convention and the same shall take effect for future amendments of any part or provision hereof.

The Grand Christian Empire of Corellia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Christian Empire of Corellia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 pm

The emperor rises "an override just ensures that Great Eurussia cannot hold hegemony"

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 pm

The Grand Christian Empire of Corellia wrote:The emperor rises "an override just ensures that Great Eurussia cannot hold hegemony"

Your statements are offending and with regards to the overriding of our veto power is that we have explained our position and allowing such override will imply as if our nation as the region's founder will do something to endanger our own founded region.

Your statements are very unprofessional.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:55 pm

We in Unovia support the document. When the time is ready, we will vote for it, and will be among the first to sign it.
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

The United States of Reagan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Reagan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:59 pm

How are Corellia's statements unprofessional? He did not word it well but we should have an override. Eurussia, if it is disrespectful to have an override to you than it is also disrespectful to the integrity of the Security Council that you want veto power. I know you obviously dont mean that but do you see the point? It is not offensive but if everyone else wants something passed than it should be passed

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:37 pm

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:We in Unovia support the document. When the time is ready, we will vote for it, and will be among the first to sign it.

Thank you.

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 pm

The United States of Reagan wrote:How are Corellia's statements unprofessional? He did not word it well but we should have an override. Eurussia, if it is disrespectful to have an override to you than it is also disrespectful to the integrity of the Security Council that you want veto power. I know you obviously dont mean that but do you see the point? It is not offensive but if everyone else wants something passed than it should be passed

This is not an issue of disrespectful to the Security Council it is out of the question. Now, if we have this so called override thing what if the entire Council composed of invaders wants to pass a law granting executive powers to the Delegate? And I decided to veto it and through your override they succeed. What will happen? If I disobeyed it I will become the violator of the constitution but if I obeyed the law then the Delegate was granted executice controls then it's the end for the World Alliance.

Your override madness will be a great mess.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Reagan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:43 pm

If we ever get invaded we can banject

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 pm

The United States of Reagan wrote:If we ever get invaded we can banject

Still we were invaded because of your override madness. Shall we wait for the worst?

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Reagan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:50 pm

People can come here whether there is an override or not. Therefore your point is moot. If people invade we would banject before they were elected. By the way I just notice our flags are the same only my background is red and yours is blue.
Last edited by The United States of Reagan on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Eurussia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eurussia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm

The United States of Reagan wrote:People can come here whether there is an override or not. Therefore your point is moot. If people invade we would banject before they were elected. By the way I just notice our flags are the same only my background is red and yours is blue.

Yes basically these invaders could come but they would have no way to control the Security Council. Therefore making your argument moot.

On the other hand, our flag symbols are very different but similar in a little way only.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Reagan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
The United States of Reagan wrote:People can come here whether there is an override or not. Therefore your point is moot. If people invade we would banject before they were elected. By the way I just notice our flags are the same only my background is red and yours is blue.

Yes basically these invaders could come but they would have no way to control the Security Council. Therefore making your argument moot.

On the other hand, our flag symbols are very different but similar in a little way only.

What are you trying to say

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents