NATION

PASSWORD

The Eastern Canal: 1901: VAPOR ONLY

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Eastern Canal: 1901: VAPOR ONLY

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Manco Campac, Inesea

May 3rd, 1901

Dual City Yards

The men walked quietly and briskly through the yard. They wore the red and black sash of Dual Yard managers, so they were not stopped as to their task. Each man carried a large tan cylinder, not unlike those used in pneumatic tubes. They were sealed shut by key locks at both ends.
They entered the main administrative building, and rushed over to the Board of Chairs committee chamber. A chamberlain opened the big, brass door bearing the name ISS Kulos, the first Dual City Yard ship built.

Inside, the 12 executive members of Dual City Yards awaited the men. There was an awkward silence as the men entered the room, and then stood at the behest of the Board. Finally, the youngest member of the Board, one Mr. Coe Kaine finally couldn’t take it and blurted out-

“Well? Out with it! What did you find? Is it possible? Well? Speak!”

The older of the two men stepped forward and placed the cylinder on the table. He withdrew a key from his coat and opened the locks. Carefully, he pulled out a crisp new parchment. He smoothed it out, and placed it upon the display board. It was a map of the western edges of Zhao, beneath the Free State and East of Inesea. To be more exact, it was a hydrology map of the area.

“As you can see, the Yahoo River runs about 124 kilometers from Interior Sea as a channel capable of handling boats with a draft of 13 meters and a draft of 33 meters. And here, the Tahuan River runs for 119 kilometers at the same draft and beam. Both rivers peter out into tributaries after this” said the Man.

“So can you build there?” asked Coe.

“Yes, but you should be aware that there exist special circumstances. The Yahoo splits into several smaller rivers, and then becomes the Tahuan. If we make a Canal, those rivers will dry up, and the small communities will be forced to leave. Also, we need to get land grants for here from the government. Which requires them to annex the ENTIRE watershed” said the second.

“That has been taken care of. We have a charter to establish the Special Economic Zone New Inesea for the entire Watershed. Since this is feasible, a declaration will be made by the Government detailing the annexation” Said the elderly Zhing Pup.

“As for the Canal itself, we estimate it to be 136 kilometers long. This will be the largest man made water way on Vapor. It will take an estimated 10 years to construct. We recommend outsourcing labor to other countries. Recently, FASI has entered into an economic trade deal with Cygnar. Reports from merchants there detail machines suitable for this type of work” said the older man.

“We will contact these Cygnarians with offers of employment. Now, begone!”

Declaration of Annexation

To the Nations of the World, on this date, May 5th, 1901, The Former Aristocratic States of Inesea annexes the wildlands east of our nations. They will be civilized and modernized. A Canal will be constructed. The area will be forever part of FASI. That is all.

The People's Council
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm really tired

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Preznova Headquarters
Glastonburi, Khamul
May 7th, 1901

"One and a half hundred million is reasonable." Andrey Preznov snapped. "I don't know. I think we can get more out of it." Hark Arbatov said. "Any more, and I doubt they'll want us to help." The taller man replied. "Really, just one more pav!" Arbatov pleaded. "No. End of discussion." Preznov said. "Pavel ordered us to try to help out, let's try." he added. "Either way, I'd say its good for us." He reminded Arbatov. "How is building a canal useful for us?" Arbatov asked, feeling slightly foolish. "Can't you feel it? War is coming. If there's a canal, Khamul can get her fleets through." Preznov said. "Well, that's fine for Khamul, but how us?" Arbatov implored. Preznov smiled and leaned back in his chair. "War is wonderful for business. I'm sure we can even rent out our employees as engineers." he said. "Indeed. Let's do it." Arbatov said.

Khamul Palace
Pavlostan, Khamul
May 5th, 1901

"Now remember. Sound happy. He won't see your face." Milanvanzi coached the dictator. Pavel VIII was only a year into office, and had already instigated radical reforms, giving more power to the people, doing his best to limit the bloodthirstiness of the SAF in Brandburg. "Thanks, Mil." He said. He turned to the black box. "Open a channel." He ordered. A radio connection was established between him and High Aristocra Formbi. "Hello, High Aristocra. Would you care to explain why you just annexed a huge swath of territory?" He asked.

Code: Select all
To the People's Council
From Preznova Construction and Hlenova Mining Industries
Greetings. We are Pavlostani based companies looking to aid you in your planned canal construction. We each request 150 million Pavs (About the equivalent of 100 million gold notes) for our contract in assistance. Please reply to this telegram if you wish to take us up on this offer. - CEOs Andrey Preznov and Hark Arbatov
Last edited by Pavlostani on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Cygnar
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:16 am

To: Inesean government
From Cygnarren Stahlwerk International office
Subject: Canal construction

Greetings,fellow Inesean partners. Recent news have reached the board of directors that Inesea has started the construction of a mighty canal, and as the main trading partner of Inesea, Cygnarren stahlwerk, the premiere steelworking industry in Cygnar, would like to offer our services. We have over 100 years of experience in the heavy engineering field, and therefore, we would like to put our experience to aide you.

We could be responsible for developing the gate locks, metal doors, engines or any machinery necessary for the canal to operate, but before any delivery or contract is made, we would like to receive a confirmation stating that Inesea is interested in our services, and a payment consisting of 120,000,000$, that would be necessary to manufacture the parts of a 140km canal.

We await your response,
Cygnarren Stahlwerk Internation office's board of directors
Last edited by Cygnar on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Servoth wrote:Micro-dick.

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Divine! Bah! We could build a god from our own foundries.
Unidox wrote:LSD, no thanks. Give me some NSG.

Oh, hell yeah, thats the stuff...
♔ ||Cygnaran Königreich|| ♔
♔ ||Steampunk-Dieselpunk Nation|| ♔

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am

To: Inesean Government
Subject: Canal Operations

Greetings, fellow Ineseans. It has recently reached the board of directors, an offer to contract us in order to aide in the construction of a new canal. Aysuf is the premiere excavations & mining corporation in Cygnar, and we would be extremely interested in a partnership with Inesea.

Our company is extremely experienced with the construction of canals, for we were also the chosen entity to develop Cygnar's most important canal, the Hrothgar peninsula canal, that nowadays stand as one of the world's most important man-made hydro way.

Mining equipment, explosives, would be ready to dispacth as soon as payment of 113,000,000$ is transferred into the Aysuf corporate account. A total of 47,420 employees would be dispatched to the area, the time to build the canal, would circle around 9 to ten years.

We await on your response,
Aysuf Board of Directors
Vitzenburg wrote:Cygnar, high on powa! Just try to stop him! He'll sock ya in the mouth as his boys Vitz and Servoth come a knockin!

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

Our micro dicks make lots of people. Your 'larger' dicks still create a .000000000000000000000001 % growth rate.
EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What burns in Life, itself burns in Death. To Hades is smote, thee who defy the Divine.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Dual City Yards Official Communique

To: Preznova Construction and Hlenova Mining Industries, Aysuf Bergbaukonglomerate
Subject: Canal

We here at DYC are grateful that you have eagerly jumped at this gargantuan task. This Canal project will open up a whole new entryway into the Vitus, and allow rapid cross Zhao transit. However, before we assess the gains, we must assess the means.

This Canal will take an estimated 9 years to complete and will run an estimated 136 kilometers. The Canal route has been surveyed from air, and by land. The area is clear, flat, and lacks many forests. This is where we will build our Canal and where you come in. We have divided the Canal into three 40 kilometer long segments plus an additional 16 kilometer one. Each company will be assigned a segment, a list of parameters, and will be told to begin the construction. Dual City Yard' Excavation Services will take the initial segment 16 kilometer section, as we are also establishing a city there. We are assigning Preznova Construction and Hlenova Mining Industries to the third segment, originating from the East Coast and going in. Aysuf Bergbaukonglomerate has been assigned the middle segment. The Final one has been assigned, hopefully to FIAT.

Cygnaran Steelworks, We regret to inform you that a Domestic Company, Ixtaccihuatl Manufacturing Yards has already been contracted for the Locks and Gates.

You companies will be compensated for their tasks. Each segment will be worth 90,000,000 Gold Notes. All ships of yours travelling through the Canal after it's completion will be duty free, and lodgings will be provided. We expect the first elements of your teams in Manco Campac by the end of this month. An Informational meeting will be held on the 12th. Sent, May 8th

May 5th, 1901
Teleplex A, People's Council

"My dear young Pavel, our annexation of the territories. is of no concern of you. We are simply expanding our nation from sea to shining sea. And it will give AMEN Levidicus Naval Bases."
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm really tired

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Khamul Palace
Pavlostan, Khamul
May 5th, 1901

"I am glad to hear this." Pavel said. "However, I'd prefer if you do not act as if I am a child. Do not forget that I am a head of a sovereign state." He snapped. "Good luck. We'll try to assist in any way possible." He said.

Hlenova and Preznova Joint Headquarters
May 6th, 1901

"Just got a telegram! Pavel wants us to help the Ineseans construct a canal." Preznov said. "A canal?" Arbatov asked. "To the Levidius." Preznov said excitedly. Arbatov's beady eyes widened. "Really?" He asked. "I say we do it." Preznov said. "Imagine, we can now cater to Amplector without having to skirt Tschowan waters. Did you know that they just took out ANOTHER Preznov merchant ship?" He demanded. "That's getting serious." Arbatov noted. "Wasn't the Chang incident only a month ago?" Preznov asked. "Whatever." Arbatov waved it away. "It's not like AMEN will go to war for shipping harassment. Anyways, how much should we charge?" He asked.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Per: Le Governmenta di Inesea
Di: Ferro Inoroth Aplicazione Tecnico
Relative: This Grand new Canal

Greeting, Leaders of Inesea,

I am Antonio Sicielli, and I represent the Inoroth Applied Technology & Iron Company, based in Inoroth. I have heard of your nation's desire for contractors in building this grande canal, and I through our corporation's offer into the mix:
in 8 years, we will build 40 kilometers of the canal for, say R100 million... equivalent to nearly 130 million Gold Notes, depending on how the exchange rates is on a given day. We will provide all heavy equipment, workers, logistics, and materials for the project... We are also open to negotiation, and this is only our opening offer. We can be contacted in the usual manner.

Regards and success,

Last edited by Inoroth on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm

To:FIAT

Dear Mr. Sicielli,

We, Dual City Yards Board of Chairs, invite you to an Assignment Meeting at the end of this month. There, terms and areas excavated will be assigned.

OOC: yes it is short. Yes it is bad. yes, I am tired as hell.
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Inesean Airspace
F.I.A.T. Corporate Luxury Airship No. 9
Nearing Manco Campac Complex, Assignment Meeting
May 9th, 1901

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:

To:FIAT

Dear Mr. Sicielli,

We, Dual City Yards Board of Chairs, invite you to an Assignment Meeting at the end of this month. There, terms and areas excavated will be assigned.

Mr. Sicielli re-read the message aloud to the men gathered in the main wet-bar, pausing after his name to allow himself another draft of his massively expensive Fanaglian Cigar, the a rather large smoke ring he produced lazily floating upwards until it broke across the mahogany ceiling and vaporized.

"Well, there it is in full, and not a bit left out."

One of the suit-clad businessmen lifted a wizened hand, his voice falling light on their ears, but with authority, for he had been a company advisor since the beginning. In fact, Mr. Formbosi was slated to take up the mantle of C.E.O. should anything happen to... but that was a rather unpleasant thought. But now, he was more concerned about the wording of the letter.

"Forgive me, for perhaps I don't quite understand. Did they actually say they would "assign" us our terms and responsibilities? For if that's the case, I'm certain that we all find the wording of this D.Y.C. fellow's letter obtrusively offensive and utterly untactful."

Another man, this with a strange golden crest-pin on the rightmost portion of his deep-blue lapel, rose to clarify Mr. Formbosi's confusions as best he could, trying to calm the storm that could begin raging if left unchecked.

"I am sure that whatever they, the D.C.Y., have said here, what they meant was that we could attend the meeting, negotiate what we would do and agree upon the payment that was to be given in return... it's only natural, only logical, and... it's not going to work any other way, and they know it. We are not an Inesean Company, that they cannot boss about or strong-arm us into a contract if we don't want it. If we don't like it, we can walk out with no great harm done. After all, there are other projects we could pour our efforts into if this negotiation fails... Money talks anywhere to anyone, and you know that better than most gentlemen. It is surely poor word choices, nothing more."

Mr. Formbosi was not satisfied, though. He had a rather low opinion of Ineseans, and of Easterners in general, and he was quite skeptical of them, bordering on insanity perhaps.

"But suppose it isn't just a mistake, Mr. Mandella? Suppose they think that can command us precisely because their money, as you yourself say, speaks powerfully in many languages? Or perhaps they mean to imprison us, keeping us for a ransom to pay for this project. Canal's are not cheap, you know, and holding corporate heads hostage would bring quite a ransom, especially from a company as strong as ours."

The other's nodded politely, but none of them were nearly as delusional as Mr. Formbosi. After a moment of uncomfortable silence, Mr. Sicielli was heard from the port windows.

"We're landing!"

For a moment, no one said anything. Then Mr. Formbosi stretched a thin wrinkled index finger out at them all.

"Mark my words, gentlemen, we will be lucky if we live to regret this meeting!"

"Oh shut up Formbosi, you racist bastard" Thought Sicielli, as the signature 'whooosh' of air-letting was heard. He turned back out to see the countryside racing up to meet them. They would be settled and ready in less than half an hour, he thought.
Last edited by Inoroth on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

May 9th, 1901
Manco Campac DYC Company Airfield.

Chairman Domitian Diocletian gazed upon the descending airship. It was truly a work of beauty and money. Just a few more seconds and he would meet these Rothians.

Domitian was a Rothian-Inesean. His father was from Tarantaro. He had been a baker before emigrating to Inesea. His mother was from Cuzco. The two had meet at church, during a Christmas mass. It had been love at first sight. Soon, Dom was brought in to this world. He benefited from RCC education and a natural fluency in Rothian.

The Airship had touched down. Inside were the Rothian FIAT delegates. Stepping forward, Domitian extended his hand and said in perfect Rothian, "I am Chairman Diocletian, I am here to take you to the Informational Meeting. There you will be filled in on the Canal, and may decide if you wish to enter into this project or not. "
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Inesean Airspace
F.I.A.T. Corporate Luxury Airship No. 9
Manco Campac DYC Company Airfield
May 9th, 1901

The hissing stopped as the ship rebounded off the tarmac. They bumped again, a little less hard, and finally came to rest. The Rothian corporate figures who were to actually participate in the talks, four in all, stepped onto the solid earth. Mr. Sicielli and Mr. Formbosi were among them, and the latter couldn't help thinking

Well, at least they bothered to get someone who spoke Rothian. when the man started his welcome. Mr. Sicielli nudged Mr. Formbosi when the man mentioned "...may decide if you wish..." Mr. Formbosi ignored him, and continued listening. When the welcome was finished, Mr. Sicielli offed one of his own.

"Thank you most kindly, Mr. Chairman, for your welcome. We four have been sent by F.I.A.T. with full powers to sign for the company's agreement to agreeable terms. We thank you for your escort to the Informational Meeting. I think I speak for all of us when I say it is truly a pleasure to meet you, Chairman Diocletian."

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:23 pm

May 9th, 1901
Manco Campac Company Yard

"Thank Mr....." began Dom, "However, The Informational Meeting will be held in 3 days. We weren't expecting.... Such a rapid transit and response. Now, if you wish, we have a Company Hotel set aside for you."

Dom lead then men through the aeroport to the Hotel. It was a 4 story building. It was made of fine oak and other rare timber. There was an ornate gate and gold fountain in the courtyard. The doors were silver clad birch, with gold inlays. Turning to the Rothians, "I do hope this will suffice you in your stay."
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:07 am

May 9th, 1901
Manco Campac Company Yard

Mr. Sicielli was rather impressed by the hotel, though he couldn't show it.

"Whom do I thank, sir? And in any event, I am sure the accommodations will do fine. They seem to have had a lot of work put into them."

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

May 12th, 1901
Manco Campac Branch of DCY HQ

Several uniformed ushers ushered the representatives from the external companies into the Conference room. They were seated at a round table. It had replaced the normal oval table because Coe wished to instill a feeling of equality amid the reps. Standing, Coe went to the front of the room. He began-

"Welcome! Welcome! My name is Mr. Caine, but you may call me Coe. I am the Director for this project. Today, I will deliver to you the basic guidelines for the Canal. Then, you will decide whether or not you wish to partake in this event. Before I begin, are there any general questions?"
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm

May 12th, 1901

Mr. Sicielli gave his death-stare to the others, lest one of them chance to let slip a chuckle and risk offending their host. Mr. Formbosi would no doubt have something to say about the name when they were safely in the confines of their own room, already beginning to to feel like home even after the few short days they had spent in it. Eager to be the first to speak (and thus, have the chance to make the more lasting impression), Mr. Sicielli cleared his throat. Though enthusiastic to position himself as best as possible, his composure was firmly under his control as it always was:

"Mr. Coe, might I first start by thanking you and your company on behalf of F.I.A.T. Incorporated and her representatives. You have been most generous in you accommodations, and the dinning has been exceptional, which is saying much coming as it is from an Inorothian, for you know how we are when it comes to fine cuisine. You and your associates have truly outdone yourselves.

Now, we have several questions I'm sure, but I trust they will be addressed in the briefing soon enough, and I would avoid wasting the time off all present by asking you to repeat the information you intend to give us in you presentation; F.I.A.T. thus saves her questions to the end of the introduction. To business, good sirs?"
Last edited by Inoroth on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Pavlostani
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 pm

May 12th, 1901

"I am curious to know any operational risks int he area." Preznov said in the back of the room. "And could somebody open the damn window, it's getting hot this time of year." Arbatov said. "Shut up Arb, don't piss off our hosts." Preznov said. "This time of year, the Levidius tends to boil. Weather's been a bit weird lately. I'm worried a storm might come in." He said.

Outside

Vladimir Leonidovich and Boris Kosov were sitting outside smoking. "You know, I brought something just for this occasion." Kosov mentioned to his friend. He slipped a bottle of vodka out of his sleeve. "Comrade Kosov... I'll be damned! Quickly, one quick quaff before Preznov notices and demotes us for drinking on the job!" Leonidovich gasped. They each took a swig. Arbatov's eyes glanced out the window. Quietly, he tapped Preznov on the shoulder and gestured. Preznov's eyes widened imperceptibly, but Kosov noticed. "Oh, fuck..." He whispered. "They noticed, didn't they!" Leonidovich realized. "It could be anything. Don't break down like last Friday." Kosov snapped. "No! Fuck, we'll be demoted! My wife will divorce, my children will kill me in my sleep! I can't believe this is happening! The End Times! The End Times have come!" He got up, dropped his cigarette and started running west, towards Khamul. Kosov just stared in the direction, bewildered, then picked up his friend's cigarette. He gave it a quick sniff to check and see if the other worker was smoking something illegal. Anatoliy Shablikov, their foreman walked towards him. "What was that?" He asked. "I hate my job." Kosov said quietly.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 pm

"There are very few Operational risks in that area. It is sparsely inhabited, and the climate resembles Inesea herself. You will be within rapid reaction time of Inesean Military Forces if danger does arise. The only concern is Yeloow Fever, but that is currently more north than South of the Zone.

"Are there any other questions?"
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 am

May 12th, 1901

Mr. Sicielli tried his best to ignore being, well, ignored. Raising his hand to emphasize his existence, he loosed every word methodically.

"Mr. Coe, we have several. For now, I'll ask only this; What are our responsibilities in this project? By this, I mean, where do we dig? How much must we dig? Are land permits taken care of from our end or yours? There are more questions, but this will do for now."

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:18 am

Inoroth wrote:May 12th, 1901

Mr. Sicielli tried his best to ignore being, well, ignored. Raising his hand to emphasize his existence, he loosed every word methodically.

"Mr. Coe, we have several. For now, I'll ask only this; What are our responsibilities in this project? By this, I mean, where do we dig? How much must we dig? Are land permits taken care of from our end or yours? There are more questions, but this will do for now."

"Mr. Sicielli, those are wonderful questions. I shall answer them in order of inquiry. How much you dig, and by extension how much you are paid, is directly related to how many of you accept this job. So far, four companies have shown interest in the physical mining of the Canal. They are you, our own company, the Cygnarans over there*indicates* and the Khamulese*Indicates other side of table*

If all of you choose to accept, then each company will dig approximately 34 kilometers each. You will be compensated 100 Million Gold Notes for your efforts. You will have 8 years to dig your assigned areas. Next, Ixtaccihuatl Manufacturing Parks will construct the gate and lock system. They will farm out several projects to interested companies.

You will be draw locations from a lottery, in order to assure fairness. However, we will be constructing Ports at both ends, and the 34 kilometers closet to Inesea. Permits from the people's Council are ready."
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:27 am

May 12th, 1901

"Well, I am sure we all have more questions, but I think we've enough to go on to get started, Mr. Coe. Now, let's here a little bit more about Geography, if you please... what does the area look like exactly?"

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Cygnar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cygnar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:35 am

May 12th, 1901
Manco Campac branch of DCY HQ

The Representative from Aysuf was carefully listening and taking down notes on a notebook he had brought. Suddendly, he started reading over his notes, and something important hadnt been mentioned. He stood up, and began to speak.
"Greetings, mr Coe. While your answers covered a lot of uncertainties of our own, we do have a few more questions. How flat, or mountainous is the area? Are there any major forests? What is the basic composition of the terrain? And, what is the average temperatures? I am sorry for the exagerate amount of inquiries, but in order to do an efficient job, those pieces of information are of utter importance."

He sat down again and waited patiently for his answers.

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

EASTERNERS UNITE!
Servoth wrote:

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm

May 12th, 1901

Mr. Sicielli bit his tongue at the Aysuf Representative's remarks, shifting in his seat to face the man from whom the absurd comment originated:

Well, the man's obviously not paying attention, because that's exactly what I just asked. Oh well, it doesn't matter who gets recognition for asking the question, so long as we get the answers.

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Coe stood to pull down a map after the rothian finished his question, then sat down again as the Aysuf..Asyuf....Afyus...Assfluff...Representative stood. And asked the same question. Strange, these Cygnarians are sreported as astute fellows. Well, I guess all are not

Coe walked over, again, to the map board and filed for the right map. Upon finding it, he drew the lever, and a geographical map, about 3 meters by 3 meters dropped down. Gesturing to it, he said-

"Marked in Orange is the part of the canal that DCY will dig. It is complete rolling hills. There is a steady temperature of 56 Degrees. In red, is the Second Section,. Same story. The blue is the third section. It has forests, boreal ones, and several creeks. Same temperature. The Pink section is the fourth section. It is all plains. Dry, windy, coastal plains. We do not know why it is not a swamp land there, it being close to the sea. Here, it averages 40 degrees."
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:08 am

May 12th, 1901

Ok, so I'm not crazy, Mr. Coe noticed it as well

Thought Mr. Siciellie.

Well, 'tis largely unimportant; I'm more interested in the answer.

Mr. Coe then approached a board, pulling down an enormous map of the Canal Zone. There were what appeared to be four distinct partitions, each drawn in a different color. When Mr. Coe began explaining the map, Mr. Siciellie smirked... he had guessed correctly. But he quickly altered his visage as Mr. Coe continued, jotting down notes about temperatures and whatnot... He really didn't pay too much attention to the elevations just now, as the scale of the map did not allow one to really see what "rolling hills" meant; they could be 50 meters from cap to crest, or they could be 500 meters - the surveyors would give their report to him before the digging started anyways. Besides, the sections were allotted, not chosen, so knowing didn't make much of a difference.

His ears perked up on the mention of trees in the blue section though.

Well, there's a convenient logging enterprise if ever saw one: the tress are to be cut anyways, might as well sell 'em

Once Mr. Coe had finished his presentation, Siciellie asked.

"Mr. Coe, you mentioned the Blue Area there *points* as having forests, which will, obviously, need to be cleared. Might I enquire as to what is to be done with the timber once it's been toppled? - It might make for a splendid lumber harvest, no?"
Last edited by Inoroth on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Inoroth's Military Here.

Inoroth's Factbook Here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 pm

I am killing this thread. If you have no problems with it, then all of you built your sections and the Canal was completed in the late months of 1908.
I'm really tired

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents