NATION

PASSWORD

The Night when the sky fell [P/MT|closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Night when the sky fell [P/MT|closed]

Postby The IASM » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:35 pm

OOC: Long posts please

Enslavement

OOC
Chapter one of the invasion of Afalia

Opexion Super Complex, Titianicia, Tyrrhenia, 05:30 GMT

It was a cold night under the heavy clouds of radioactive steam flew out the five Marcofactories of Opexion hang under the striking dome of the Super Complex. The Opexion Super-Complex housed roughly half a billion people in the space of 45,230 kilometres squared. It is a industrial complex of a huge scale that is the embodiment of the Ditorist belief that you must control all. In its centre a hexagon based pyramid that dominated the skyline at 1,035 meters in hight and a foot base of 5,750 kilometres squared. This was the throne of this small universe, this was the Haxograt and at its peak housed the leader of the fatherland and this world it was Ditor Jack Lazin the Ultimate.

He was currently planning the invasion of Afalia with several Hegemarshals Mai Vovi, Harold Hardrarva and Talb Al Shalin. He was standing over a huge computer screen which was displaying live information about Afalia, Titianicia and world which was constructed with live simulations of actions.

"My Hegemarhals, we are meeting each other over the destruction of the old Kingdom of Afalia and its replacement with Sector Five" began Lazin. "Afalia is a maritime nation that has focus its self on civil rights and not protection. We have ASSR agents in the parliament who we have extorted information from so we know that they have no official military but they have a defence sect of their police force which numbers at 500,000 men which shall be easy to crush with our vastly more powerful and well trained paratroopers and bombers. Now what would you suggest to invade Afalia my Hegemarhals?".

The Hegemarhals look at each other then deciding that Mai should go first. "My Ditor may I propose my idea" Mai asked?

"Permission granted Mai" replied Lazin in a strictly monotone voice.

"Well I would recommend the a paratrooper blitzkrieg with heavy air- support shall be extremely effective due to their lack of military and effective anti-air defences. We could also throw in some long range heavy bombardment from the sky with our new LRSSB-7 bombers should be able to completely destroy their foes on the ground a demoralise the civilians making them easier to introduce them to Sectorisation"

"The problem with that" interrupted Lazin in a low, raised but still monotone voice. "The problem with that is that the we have been noticing that other nations including out despicable nemesis known as Emmeria would most likely take action against us though the air and you know about what happened in Verktha don't you. I now feel that a direct bombardment from the sea would be most effective at intimidating them and I highly feel this act shall not go unnoticed. I want to stress this out that The IASM is trying to survive in the most efficient way possible even though it disregards moral but the is no right and there is no wrong." Lazin raised his head in a way that you could see the mental anger raging inside of him.
"So do you have any plans that are efficient, effective and have taken in even the slightest amount of information!" Lazin screamed those words out with a artificial fury that unleashed a painful shriek underneath it. There was a worryingly long silence afterwords.

"My Ditor" interrupted Talb with concern visible in his voice which was unusual for someone of Titianician origin. "Have had a plan strategy divided by one of my more successful subordinates named Strike Commander Salic. His strategy is composed of a combined arms assault. At first it will gain air supremacy at range while the main forces try to secure locations deemed to be important with the overwhelming of enemy forces with constant bombardment and suppression of movement making targeting the forces much easier. It also uses intimidation of the ememy high command with the destruction of symbolic locations which shall unnerve the population there for helping to destabilise the commanding body. The so what do you think of this then my Ditor?"

"Impressive and effective. I feel that we have a plan also please may I met this Salic figure?" replied Lazin in a highly curious tone.

"He is currently serving in Apexion Lazin Verktha so he would no be here for a while" answered Talb.

"Well terminate it now I would like to met him and for the rest of you I need you on invasion preparation, I'll be leading 13th Guard into battle personally now your dismissed" finished Lazin backing away from the huge table while vanishing into the walls of the large room.

"Talb well done" said Mai after walking up to Talb.
"I feel that he is only fine with this" replied Talb while the other Hegemarshal exited the room.

"He never is…"
Last edited by The IASM on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Moddera
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Moddera » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 pm

"where" grammatical error.

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Moddera wrote:"where" grammatical error.

OOC: Still editing.
HUN-01

Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:55 pm

The Prime Minister of Afalia, Christopher Kelly sat in a secret bunker under parliament. Around him sat his National Security Team, made up of the Chief of the Defence staff Simon Dawson, the Blackdonian Palace security chief Matthew Wilcox and many others.

'Go over the numbers again,' Kelly said.

'Well we have 500,000 men in the defence wing of the police, plus anti-aircraft weapons. On the coastline, particularly at Blackdon we have a single aircraft carrier with 15 fighter jets on it. We also have 50 tanks,' replied Dawson, checking statistics.

Kelly sighed, 'And what do they have?'

'Over 235 million men in their military. With, of course, more weapons, more aircraft, tanks, ships and everything else.'

'So it's David facing Goliath,' muttered Kelly.

'Yes indeed,' said Dawson.

'Right. I shall go to the international community and make a statement immediately on television and radio. We have the mobilisation plans ready don't we? Do we have estimates?' asked Kelly.

Dawson brought up a new screen on the computer in front of him, 'We're looking at roughly 870 million, more if we stretch the plans down the levels. That's assuming all non-essential sectors are recruited and all unemployed but able citizens.'

'We're facing a dictator with an army of almost 250 million men, who wants to enslave our people to help produce food and resources for his nation. He's going to exterminate 'undesirables' and destroy our country. And we are a peaceful nation with an army of 500 thousand. You'd think the despots would pick on someone up for a fight, more their own size,' the Prime Minister said.

Dawson and others dared to crack a smile.

'I'm going to work on my broadcast,' said Kelly.

'I'm going to prepare plans for the evacuation sir. When they're ready may I show you?'

'Yes Wilcox. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Back here in fifteen minutes please.'

The team left and Kelly began writing his speech. Outside the morning rush was just beginning.
Last edited by Afalia on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:30 pm

SPEECH BY THE PRIME MINISTER OF AFALIA-CHRISTOPHER KELLY
This speech was broadcast on all television channels, radio stations and online. It was repeated every fifteen minutes since then. This speech was also sent out to the international community in hopes of aid. The Prime Minister spoke to the nation and international community from his office in parliament as morning news programmes began.

Sixty years ago, this year, the people of this nation stood up towards an empire which had enslaved us. We fought, like many other nations have done so, for our freedom and we won. Since then over the past sixty years we have been a peaceful nation, one that always favours diplomacy over violence, that favours peace over never ending destruction.

Yet today we face a threat. A war. A war like no other. The dictatorial nation of the IASM will soon invade our land, perhaps with a formal declaration of war, perhaps without. Their sadistic despot Jack Lazin has plans also to exterminate what he classes as so called ‘undesirables’. He plans to murder, using death camps, the elderly, the mentally ill and young children. He plans to enslave the rest of us and force us to work in labour camps, producing food and resources for him, murdering many more of us in the process. He has planned many things, but he forgot what he doesn’t have and what we do, a spirit-indestructible and hope-immovable.

Very soon measures will be put in place to mobilise an army to defend our country, our way of life and all of us. We have had no formal declaration, but if one does come it will come soon. We must prepare for war. A war to defend our freedom, to protect our liberty, to promote our individuality and democracy and stand up to murderous tyrants.

I speak now to the international community with a call for aid. I speak to every head of state, head of government and citizen who is willing to stand up to tyranny and hatred, evil. The IASM has a peacetime army of over 14 million people, with perhaps as many as two hundred million more waiting in the wings. In comparison we have nothing but a defence wing of our police force, not even a standing army. We are peaceful. We did not want this war, we did not invite it. Up until recently we had no idea the IASM even existed. Yet when a potential suitor for our Princess visited the Ditor Jack Lazin set his sights on turning us into a farm, and destroying all those that were of no use to him or stood in his way.

We are a peaceful nation who prefers diplomacy over violence. But we will never give into tyrants, we will stand firm against those who attempt to destroy our nation, and we do not negotiate with terrorists. A terrorist is all Lazin is. A man who uses terror tactics of fear and coercion. The leader of the IASM is a terrorist, we do not negotiate with terrorists.

So if indeed a declaration of war comes and the IASM come to us with deals. Deals of peace, of armistices, we will not appease them. We will not appease terrorists or nations that threaten to murder our own people. We will not sign a peace treaty with a country who which to destroy us. We will not sign away our freedom, we will fight for it for ever.

We face our greatest threat, the destruction of our way of life, the taking from us of our own nation and the enslavement and murder of our people. Through pure strength and determination we can win this battle. Never before in our history, and perhaps never again, has the spirit of a people been so important in the eventual outcome of whether we fail or whether we are victorious.

Lazin’s greatest fault is our greatest weapon against him. His sadism, his anger, his complete dismissal of the human condition-that of freedom, individuality and love, leads him to doubt the power of the human spirit, the spirit of a people, the spirit of us all.

The weapon he can never take away, is our undying belief in the truth of that spirit-the spirit that loves individuality, the spirit that loves purpose, the spirit that loves one another, that loves freedom, that loves life. He can never kill off that spirit.

We will not lay down and take the destruction of our lives. We will stand to the last man. We will stand for our principles, for our lives, for our country. If he fights us with fire we will return fire. If he fights us with rockets, we will return rockets. If he fights us with bullets, we will return bullets. We will stand to the last man, we will use the last bullet in all of our guns, we will fight with every dying breath and we will look into the face of evil with our hearts and minds and we will not falter.

We will meet him. We will not give in. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. For hate, destruction and the pure essence of evil can never extinguish the spirit of a nation, the spirit of individuals, the spirit of us.

Very soon the night will come, come in a form like it never has before, come in the shape of millions of men and the despot Lazin. But prepare also for something else. Prepare now, for the morning. For that morning will come. A morning brighter than I, or you, or any of us have seen. That morning will come. It will come through us. And that morning will put out the darkness, the darkness of Lazin's army, for ever.

Thank you and God Bless. God Bless us all.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:43 pm

A message from the Embassy of the United Republic of Emmeria
On the Ditor of the IASM
To the Afalian government

Sender(s): Jordan W. Ackerson, United Republic ambassador to the Kingdom of Afalia
Classification: TOP SECRET EYES ONLY

To whomever it may concern in the Afalian government,

With utmost grievances I am writing this message in order to detail to you various aspects of Titianician Ditor Jack Lazin's personality on the grounds that it may aid in your continued crusade against Titianician expansionism. After long periods of discussions from my advisors and associates within the ranks of the United Republic federal government I am first of all pleased to inform you that the United Republic will be joining you in your defense against tyranny. President Luis Castilla will make a speech regarding the recent actions as soon as possible. We will never abandon Afalia.

However it is necessary to assert that the occasion is deemed most proper for exploiting the Titianician Ditor, a common goal and objective for both of our nations. Such messages between us and the local government of a nation in danger of being assaulted by such tyranny is standard procedure in order to facilitate a rapid defeat of the aggressors. Exploiting dictators is one of the most elegant arts of history, and one which the United Republic has perfected time and time again.

Attacking him and his actions by exploiting his weaknesses is the final goal, and it is one which can be attained only through mutual cooperation between your nation and ours. It is, however, necessary to state that this may lead to your nation become a sort of Cold War warzone, and thus such may only be completed with your complete and honest approval. In a case of combined arms operations, we would still be drastically outnumbered; with only 2.8 million total active and reserve personnel in our own military, the situation would remain a David to Goliath—a single bug to a giant. But rest assured, speaking metaphorically, even elephants are terrified of mice.

First and foremost on the Ditor's long list of weaknesses is his power-hungry nature. The Ditor's firm belief is to control everything, micromanaging every aspect of his large military. Military history proves that micromanagement from the highest branches of the military seems to be one of the most powerful motivations for a drastic drop in troop morale and desire to defect. Personnel in the Titianician military have little control over anything or any of their actions, which seems to be a prime aspect of the military to take control of. Forced kamikaze elements are common in the IASM's military as well. Bribing higher-ups in the chain of command may be reasonable, but doing so to non-commissioned officers—personnel who lead their men into combat—would destroy enemy troop morale from within. Placing agents in the position to bribe officers, NCOs, and other personnel vital to the IASM's war machine, such as individuals in control of the logistics network, could severely damage the IASM's warfighting capability.

Furthermore, the Ditor seizes every chance to commit evil. We all understand that evil must be reasonable, and committing evil for the sake of being evil is generally looked down upon even by the worst of tyrants. The Ditor does this, and it is a characteristic which is reasonably simple to exploit. One method of doing so is by providing him with a false sense of security and strength—setting up specific battles where he can win and commit all the evil he wants, but doing so in a way to draw his forces into a disastrous defeat in our hands. Precision force application will be critical here. Dispersing a numerically superior force into separate parts is disastrous for the superior force, as it separates their firepower superiority into smaller, more manageable units. However, smaller forces fighting against a larger enemy must disperse, as it also divides the enemy's firepower superiority. Our essential objective is to draw his men into our battles. By forcing situations where his forces must disperse themselves, we create an environment highly hostile to the numerically superior—and thus to our advantage. By focusing our firepower on the weaker elements of their forces we could potentially isolate various portions of the enemy's forces into smaller units which we are able to handle.

Asymmetric warfare is key in this situation. We must overcome numerical inferiority through the use of advanced technologies, operational brilliance in execution, and enhanced application of precision firepower.

A further disadvantage of the Ditor is his inability to consistently act upon a single policy. The Ditor has, countless times, claimed full self-reliance of his nation and its people. Yet at the same time, intelligence reports indicate that the IASM extensively relies on Anemonian-built equipment. The IASM also has a unique policy of producing false threats of invading nations for resources and slaves, yet the execution of such a threat has yet to be seen. Finally, the Ditor claims that self-reliance produces an inability to form alliances, but has expressed his interests in allying with a third-party nation hostile to the United Republic in an attempt to invade the U.R. In addition, the IASM has been confirmed to have joined the Anti-Communism Alliance (ACA), an organization full of fascists and oppressive governments whose sole positive policy is their opposition to Stalinist style economic systems. And yet the Ditor continues to maintain that the IASM does not need allies. His hypocrisy in all these respects is yet another aspect of his which can be exploited.

A deeper investigation regarding his actions will be conducted by a specially formed review board in the United Republic federal government, which will serve to advise Emmerian and Afalian leadership regarding the Ditor's actions. Such is the common goal of our two nations.

I deeply hope the Afalian government considers this message of valuable accord. Thank you.

Approved by the U.R. Department of Foreign Affairs
Lana Basara, United Republic Secretary of State
Thomas B. Knight Building
5 Capital Drive
Oured, District of Aliyah 10426-133
+179 (678) 569 9125

Sincerely,
Jordan W. Ackerson
United Republic ambassador to the Kingdom of Afalia

WZNN Headline News
Presidential Palace
Oured, D.A.

"I think the President's speech in a few moments will continue to reinforce his strong foreign policy," said the woman on TV, a Democratic senator from Corsa.

"Thank you Senator Bullard," replied another woman, holding a "WZNN" microphone. She turned towards the camera as the senator walked away. "Now we're going to talk with Representative Mark Davis, a Republican from Geornica. Representative Davis, what would you say about his upcoming speech regarding the IASM's threats to Afalia? Do you think we should be intervening?" she said, turning to a man who had surprisingly popped up right next to him and shoving the microphone towards his mouth.

"President Castilla has continued to maintain a poor foreign policy that's continue to unravel for months now," he said with a serious expression. "I think we're just going to see more of that—hasty, empty threats to nations in regions far out of the United Republic's sphere of influence."

"Thank you Mr. Davis," the reporter said, turning back towards the camera. "The President is about to make his speech, we'll reroute you there..."

The camera view switched to one facing the President's "stage" in the Presidential Palace. A podium in the center bore the Presidential seal and was flanked on either side by the red, white, and blue banner. Behind the podium was a large, elegant hallway with a red carpet leading to the podium, with Emmerian flags lining its sides.

A man appeared at the edge of the red carpet, walking matter-of-factly towards the podium. He wore a dark blue suit with a deep, red tie and white dress shirt as he walked forward, a small lapel pin visible on his chest bearing the U.R. flag with a gold trim. The man walked with a smile, giving a wave to the people as they, for the most part, cheered. He reached the podium, which bore a single silver microphone (press microphones had been common until they caused a nuisance, and thus were disallowed) protruding from the podium. The man was smiling as he began to speak, his words reverberating through the crowd. "I found it necessary to address the people of the United Republic," he began. "And of our fellow democracy, the Kingdom of Afalia." His expression was serious now, his eyes glancing around before turning back towards the teleprompter. "Afalia has come victim to aggression from the IASM. As part of our continued war against tyranny, against oppression, we must aid our brothers in Afalia. We will not let them give in to savages, to ignorant oppressors. We will not let them become collective slaves to an ever-growing Titianician war machine. We will not let them fall." He turned and stared deeply straight into the camera. "We will never abandon Afalia."

With each statement came a wave of cheers and a wave of boos. The speech would continue for another five minutes aired on national and even international television, reporters scrambling to publish stories of every statement he said, checking every little fact in utmost detail.

"Today, ladies and gentlemen, we continue our fight for freedom." With that, the President backed away as a huge applause followed, walking off the stage and into the Presidential Palace. He went straight to the Oval Office and sat down at his seat in front of a computer, putting on a headset with a microphone. President Luis Castilla clicked and typed ambiguously until he reached his state secretary, Lana Basara, down in the Thomas B. Knight building, the home of the U.R. Department of Foreign Affairs. He video called her.

"Good speech, Mr. President," she said as soon as she appeared on screen, her long, black hair barely visible under her liberally worn Hijab. "What can I do for you?"

"Lana, link me to the Afalian foreign department. We need to establish a secure connection pronto."

"Very well, Mr. President. Working on that now." She got busy working on it, her eyes glancing back and forth across her computer screen as she pulled up the phone number to reach Afalia. "Here we go, Mr. President. Mind if I listen in?"

"That's fine, Lana, the whole NSC is. Thank you." The screen indicated that a voice call was connecting, ringing periodically as he tried to reach the Afalian government. In the meantime he invited all of his security advisors on the National Security Council to the call, who would listen in. It was like a de facto NSC meeting in the Situation Room, except they were connecting through technology.

I wonder what my father would be doing, he thought, remembering that his father Armando had also been president back in the 80s, when advanced computers and secure network links were largely unavailable.

[OOC: Afalia, he's basically calling your govt via phone, but using a computer to do it. Hope that clears up any confusion.

Btw, we just made very similar speeches almost simultaneously.]
Last edited by Virana on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Virana wrote:

A message from the Embassy of the United Republic of Emmeria
On the Ditor of the IASM
To the Afalian government

Sender(s): Jordan W. Ackerson, United Republic ambassador to the Kingdom of Afalia
Classification: TOP SECRET EYES ONLY

To whomever it may concern in the Afalian government,

With utmost grievances I am writing this message in order to detail to you various aspects of Titianician Ditor Jack Lazin's personality on the grounds that it may aid in your continued crusade against Titianician expansionism. After long periods of discussions from my advisors and associates within the ranks of the United Republic federal government I am first of all pleased to inform you that the United Republic will be joining you in your defense against tyranny. President Luis Castilla will make a speech regarding the recent actions as soon as possible. We will never abandon Afalia.

However it is necessary to assert that the occasion is deemed most proper for exploiting the Titianician Ditor, a common goal and objective for both of our nations. Such messages between us and the local government of a nation in danger of being assaulted by such tyranny is standard procedure in order to facilitate a rapid defeat of the aggressors. Exploiting dictators is one of the most elegant arts of history, and one which the United Republic has perfected time and time again.

Attacking him and his actions by exploiting his weaknesses is the final goal, and it is one which can be attained only through mutual cooperation between your nation and ours. It is, however, necessary to state that this may lead to your nation become a sort of Cold War warzone, and thus such may only be completed with your complete and honest approval. In a case of combined arms operations, we would still be drastically outnumbered; with only 2.8 million total active and reserve personnel in our own military, the situation would remain a David to Goliath—a single bug to a giant. But rest assured, speaking metaphorically, even elephants are terrified of mice.

First and foremost on the Ditor's long list of weaknesses is his power-hungry nature. The Ditor's firm belief is to control everything, micromanaging every aspect of his large military. Military history proves that micromanagement from the highest branches of the military seems to be one of the most powerful motivations for a drastic drop in troop morale and desire to defect. Personnel in the Titianician military have little control over anything or any of their actions, which seems to be a prime aspect of the military to take control of. Forced kamikaze elements are common in the IASM's military as well. Bribing higher-ups in the chain of command may be reasonable, but doing so to non-commissioned officers—personnel who lead their men into combat—would destroy enemy troop morale from within. Placing agents in the position to bribe officers, NCOs, and other personnel vital to the IASM's war machine, such as individuals in control of the logistics network, could severely damage the IASM's warfighting capability.

Furthermore, the Ditor seizes every chance to commit evil. We all understand that evil must be reasonable, and committing evil for the sake of being evil is generally looked down upon even by the worst of tyrants. The Ditor does this, and it is a characteristic which is reasonably simple to exploit. One method of doing so is by providing him with a false sense of security and strength—setting up specific battles where he can win and commit all the evil he wants, but doing so in a way to draw his forces into a disastrous defeat in our hands. Precision force application will be critical here. Dispersing a numerically superior force into separate parts is disastrous for the superior force, as it separates their firepower superiority into smaller, more manageable units. However, smaller forces fighting against a larger enemy must disperse, as it also divides the enemy's firepower superiority. Our essential objective is to draw his men into our battles. By forcing situations where his forces must disperse themselves, we create an environment highly hostile to the numerically superior—and thus to our advantage. By focusing our firepower on the weaker elements of their forces we could potentially isolate various portions of the enemy's forces into smaller units which we are able to handle.

Asymmetric warfare is key in this situation. We must overcome numerical inferiority through the use of advanced technologies, operational brilliance in execution, and enhanced application of precision firepower.

A further disadvantage of the Ditor is his inability to consistently act upon a single policy. The Ditor has, countless times, claimed full self-reliance of his nation and its people. Yet at the same time, intelligence reports indicate that the IASM extensively relies on Anemonian-built equipment. The IASM also has a unique policy of producing false threats of invading nations for resources and slaves, yet the execution of such a threat has yet to be seen. Finally, the Ditor claims that self-reliance produces an inability to form alliances, but has expressed his interests in allying with a third-party nation hostile to the United Republic in an attempt to invade the U.R. In addition, the IASM has been confirmed to have joined the Anti-Communism Alliance (ACA), an organization full of fascists and oppressive governments whose sole positive policy is their opposition to Stalinist style economic systems. And yet the Ditor continues to maintain that the IASM does not need allies. His hypocrisy in all these respects is yet another aspect of his which can be exploited.

A deeper investigation regarding his actions will be conducted by a specially formed review board in the United Republic federal government, which will serve to advise Emmerian and Afalian leadership regarding the Ditor's actions. Such is the common goal of our two nations.

I deeply hope the Afalian government considers this message of valuable accord. Thank you.

Approved by the U.R. Department of Foreign Affairs
Lana Basara, United Republic Secretary of State
Thomas B. Knight Building
5 Capital Drive
Oured, District of Aliyah 10426-133
+179 (678) 569 9125

Sincerely,
Jordan W. Ackerson
United Republic ambassador to the Kingdom of Afalia

WZNN Headline News
Presidential Palace
Oured, D.A.

"I think the President's speech in a few moments will continue to reinforce his strong foreign policy," said the woman on TV, a Democratic senator from Corsa.

"Thank you Senator Bullard," replied another woman, holding a "WZNN" microphone. She turned towards the camera as the senator walked away. "Now we're going to talk with Representative Mark Davis, a Republican from Geornica. Representative Davis, what would you say about his upcoming speech regarding the IASM's threats to Afalia? Do you think we should be intervening?" she said, turning to a man who had surprisingly popped up right next to him and shoving the microphone towards his mouth.

"President Castilla has continued to maintain a poor foreign policy that's continue to unravel for months now," he said with a serious expression. "I think we're just going to see more of that—hasty, empty threats to nations in regions far out of the United Republic's sphere of influence."

"Thank you Mr. Davis," the reporter said, turning back towards the camera. "The President is about to make his speech, we'll reroute you there..."

The camera view switched to one facing the President's "stage" in the Presidential Palace. A podium in the center bore the Presidential seal and was flanked on either side by the red, white, and blue banner. Behind the podium was a large, elegant hallway with a red carpet leading to the podium, with Emmerian flags lining its sides.

A man appeared at the edge of the red carpet, walking matter-of-factly towards the podium. He wore a dark blue suit with a deep, red tie and white dress shirt as he walked forward, a small lapel pin visible on his chest bearing the U.R. flag with a gold trim. The man walked with a smile, giving a wave to the people as they, for the most part, cheered. He reached the podium, which bore a single silver microphone (press microphones had been common until they caused a nuisance, and thus were disallowed) protruding from the podium. The man was smiling as he began to speak, his words reverberating through the crowd. "I found it necessary to address the people of the United Republic," he began. "And of our fellow democracy, the Kingdom of Afalia." His expression was serious now, his eyes glancing around before turning back towards the teleprompter. "Afalia has come victim to aggression from the IASM. As part of our continued war against tyranny, against oppression, we must aid our brothers in Afalia. We will not let them give in to savages, to ignorant oppressors. We will not let them become collective slaves to an ever-growing Titianician war machine. We will not let them fall." He turned and stared deeply straight into the camera. "We will never abandon Afalia."

With each statement came a wave of cheers and a wave of boos. The speech would continue for another five minutes aired on national and even international television, reporters scrambling to publish stories of every statement he said, checking every little fact in utmost detail.

At the end of the speech, the President walked off the stage and into the Presidential Palace. He went to the Oval Office and sat down at his seat in front of a computer, putting on a headset with a microphone. President Luis Castilla clicked and typed ambiguously until he reached his state secretary, Lana Basara, down in the Thomas B. Knight building, the home of the U.R. Department of Foreign Affairs. He video called her.

"Good speech, Mr. President," she said as soon as she appeared on screen, her long, black hair barely visible under her liberally worn Hijab. "What can I do for you?"

"Lana, link me to the Afalian foreign department. We need to establish a secure connection pronto."

"Very well, Mr. President. Working on that now." She got busy working on it, her eyes glancing back and forth across her computer screen as she pulled up the phone number to reach Afalia. "Here we go, Mr. President. Mind if I listen in?"

"That's fine, Lana, the whole NSC is. Thank you." The screen indicated that a voice call was connecting, ringing periodically as he tried to reach the Afalian government. In the meantime he invited all of his security advisors on the National Security Council to the call, who would listen in. It was like a de facto NSC meeting in the Situation Room, except they were connecting through technology.

I wonder what my father would be doing, he thought, remembering that his father Armando had also been president back in the 80s, when advanced computers and secure network links were largely unavailable.

[OOC: Afalia, he's basically calling your govt via phone, but using a computer to do it. Hope that clears up any confusion.

Btw, we just made very similar speeches almost simultaneously.]

The Prime Minister walked up and down the bunker reading the letter which had just arrived from the Emmerian embassy. Copies of the speech also lay on the desks of the national security team as they all poured over them, including the President's speech which had just come through the wire.

'Well everyone?'

The team looked up at the PM. Dawson spoke first.

'Well it's a military of two million men, a well trained military at that. They're our only help so far.'

'Yes. It's extremely good news. But I don't like some of the stuff he's saying,' Kelly said.

'Like what?' Wilcox asked.

'Like turning us into a cold war zone, and dragging us into a clearly prolonged war to overthrow the Ditor. It's possible of course, but it will take years and we currently have an army of 500,000 men.'

Kelly put down the letter and sighed. He focused his mind in on the positives and the extension of friendship that President Castilla had offered.

'I presume the President's contacting us now?' Kelly asked.

A staffer nodded and pointed to the PM's main computer at the desk in the bunker. He sat down and straightened his tie, wondering briefly what the IASM would be making of all this. Then he pressed the accept button.

On the screen in front sat the President, Luis Castilla, and what Kelly presumed what his security council behind him in the Oval office.

'Mr. President, may I thank you in the most gracious terms for your letter and your offer of help, the broadcast you just made has been very reassuring to me and all the people of this country' the Prime Minister said. He smiled, despite the circumstances.
Last edited by Afalia on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Afalia wrote:The Prime Minister walked up and down the bunker reading the letter which had just arrived from the Emmerian embassy. Copies of the speech also lay on the desks of the national security team as they all poured over them, including the President's speech which had just come through the wire.

'Well everyone?'

The team looked up at the PM. Dawson spoke first.

'Well it's a military of two million men, a well trained military at that. They're our only help so far.'

'Yes. It's extremely good news. But I don't like some of the stuff he's saying,' Kelly said.

'Like what?' Wilcox asked.

'Like turning us into a cold war zone, and dragging us into a clearly prolonged war to overthrow the Ditor. It's possible of course, but it will take years and we currently have an army of 500,000 men.'

Kelly put down the letter and sighed. He focused his mind in on the positives and the extension of friendship that President Castilla had offered.

'I presume the President's contacting us now?' Kelly asked.

A staffer nodded and pointed to the PM's main computer at the desk in the bunker. He sat down and straightened his tie, wondering briefly what the IASM would be making of all this. Then he pressed the accept button.

On the screen in front sat the President, Luis Castilla, and what Kelly presumed what his security council behind him in the Oval office.

'Mr. President, may I thank you in the most gracious terms for your letter and your offer of help, the broadcast you just made has been very reassuring to me and all the people of this country' the Prime Minister said. He smiled, despite the circumstances.

Security Council's listening in via Skype-like govt communication system. Just letting you know.

Oval Office
Presidential Palace
Oured, D.A.
United Republic of Emmeria

The president paused. "I see you've received the message from my ambassador there in Blackdon, Your Excellency. I wanted to contact you regarding the potential deployment of Emmerian troops in your nation. According to my ambassador and to a number of military and security officials and advisors, your nation may become a warzone. I wanted your opinion on this prospect."

He knew it was a sensitive situation and was just the tip of the iceberg. He just stared at the computer screen matter-of-factly, sitting in front of a blue background with a gleaming gold-colored Presidential Seal behind him.

Dining Hall
URS Majestic (CVN-87) (Ark Royal class super carrier)
U.R. Strategic Forces Command
Undisclosed location (near "The Rebelation")

The Navy SEALs always sat together, and they were easily distinguishable. Among the sailors wearing blue/gray digital maritime camouflage and utility uniforms was this group of men, wearing high-speed digital desert combat shirts that were plain tan in the torso area and camouflaged in the sleeves and collar (the torso was constructed of comfortable, lightweight fabric for use under body armor) and combat pants with integrated kneepads and concealed "stretch" panels.

It was morning in this part of the world, and they had just awoken for breakfast. One of the SEALs had pulled up YouTube on his iPhone through the ship's secure crew-centered internet service, and he found that one of the top most popular videos of late was the President's speech. As he sat down at the table, he set the phone down in the center. "Check it out, boys. Commander-in-chief's calling for action against IASM in Afalia. That's on our doorstep."

"The Tites?" said another SEAL after gulping down a carton of chocolate milk. "The fuck are they doing this time?"

"Well you know them. Afalian Prime Minister said the Tites are invading for resources and slaves. His speech is right down here." He scrolled down the list of videos to one titled Prime Minister Christopher Kelly's Speech on Fight against IASM. "Says them Tites want to turn his country into a farm."

A third SEAL broke in. "Ah, that's right! The Tites had a fuckhuge food shortage recently. Their food production sector's in shambles; looks like they finally snapped."

"Do the Afalians even have a military?" asked a fourth SEAL at the table. "I always thought they were goddamn pacifists."

The first SEAL, who'd put the phone on the table, replied. "Best we know is they've got a security force about five hundred thousand strong. Doubt they're trained for the hellish state the Tites are bringing to their country."

The phone vibrated, and a message appeared on the screen. "Briefing room, NOW" it read.

The SEAL looked at his compatriots. "And it looks like we'll be the ones training 'em, boys."
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Virana wrote:Oval Office
Presidential Palace
Oured, D.A.

The president paused. "I see you've received the message from my ambassador there in Blackdon, Your Excellency. I wanted to contact you regarding the potential deployment of Emmerian troops in your nation. According to my ambassador and to a number of military and security officials and advisors, your nation may become a warzone. I wanted your opinion on this prospect."

He knew it was a sensitive situation and was just the tip of the iceberg. He just stared at the computer screen matter-of-factly, sitting in front of a blue background with a gleaming gold-colored Presidential Seal behind him.

The Prime Minister sat back in his chair and sighed.

'Mr. President,' he said, 'We need as much help as we can get. We're about to put in motion conscription, against my better principles, and the IASM will have a much tougher fight than they expect. When we fight for something like freedom, we fight well and we fight hard and long. But we still need as much help we can get.'

Kelly took a sip of water and stared into the computer screen.

'I read your letter and I was concerned about a few things. The fact of the matter is I don't like the idea of being dragged into a prolonged war against a dictatorship we didn't know about until a few weeks ago. I don't like the idea of turning our peaceful, beautiful country into a desolate war zone like the cold war. But the fact is we have no choice but to accept outside help and the military aid you're offering us is beyond belief. I must add my thanks again.'

Dawson and the rest of the national security team watched the exchange on their computers. Wilcox gestured to the Prime Minister by waving his hands up like an aeroplane taking off. The PM nodded.

'That was the head of the Royal security, Sir Matthew Wilcox. He's just informed me that our Royal family has been evacuated. But anyway, as I said, I'm not happy about this turning into a prolonged war. The only reason we're involved in this at all is become Jack Lazin got greedy and liked the look of us. The fact is my country is about to be turned into a war zone in one way or another, but I just want to defend my country.'

The Prime Minister noticed the informal tone his voice had taken. He didn't care, he just wanted to get the situation made clear now.

'We need to agree common goals,' Kelly continued, 'Now your goals are to overthrow Lazin and presumably the whole IASM in its current form. My main and currently only goal, is the protection and defence of this nation and its people. I am unsure at this stage, but my advisers tell me it is highly unlikely, that we have the resources or manpower to fight a war against the Ditor's war machine in the sort of scenario you're talking about.'

The Prime Minister finished, and awaited a reply.

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Afalia wrote:
The Prime Minister sat back in his chair and sighed.

'Mr. President,' he said, 'We need as much help as we can get. We're about to put in motion conscription, against my better principles, and the IASM will have a much tougher fight than they expect. When we fight for something like freedom, we fight well and we fight hard and long. But we still need as much help we can get.'

Kelly took a sip of water and stared into the computer screen.

'I read your letter and I was concerned about a few things. The fact of the matter is I don't like the idea of being dragged into a prolonged war against a dictatorship we didn't know about until a few weeks ago. I don't like the idea of turning our peaceful, beautiful country into a desolate war zone like the cold war. But the fact is we have no choice but to accept outside help and the military aid you're offering us is beyond belief. I must add my thanks again.'

Dawson and the rest of the national security team watched the exchange on their computers. Wilcox gestured to the Prime Minister by waving his hands up like an aeroplane taking off. The PM nodded.

'That was the head of the Royal security, Sir Matthew Wilcox. He's just informed me that our Royal family has been evacuated. But anyway, as I said, I'm not happy about this turning into a prolonged war. The only reason we're involved in this at all is become Jack Lazin got greedy and liked the look of us. The fact is my country is about to be turned into a war zone in one way or another, but I just want to defend my country.'

The Prime Minister noticed the informal tone his voice had taken. He didn't care, he just wanted to get the situation made clear now.

'We need to agree common goals,' Kelly continued, 'Now your goals are to overthrow Lazin and presumably the whole IASM in its current form. My main and currently only goal, is the protection and defence of this nation and its people. I am unsure at this stage, but my advisers tell me it is highly unlikely, that we have the resources or manpower to fight a war against the Ditor's war machine in the sort of scenario you're talking about.'

The Prime Minister finished, and awaited a reply.

Oval Office
Presidential Palace
Oured, D.A.

President Castilla nodded. "Your Excellency, I fully understand your position on this issue. Lazin is turning your nation into the warzone—that's inevitable. Ambassador Ackerson's comments on Lazin were focused on winning the campaign to protect the people of Afalia from the upcoming invasion. As you may or may not know, my very own doctrine focuses on protecting freedom in this world. I don't intend to make your nation any more of a warzone than what Lazin definitively will—wherever we can avoid conflict, we will. But we're vastly outnumbered in this war. The single way to overcome Lazin's invasion of your country will be to exploit his weaknesses. In no way are we proposing an overthrow of the Ditor, although one would be great, if your nation desires not to. Everything we do in Afalia will be of help to your people and done with your approval—and we are not going to let our own interests get in the way of protecting a fellow free nation.

"My first proposal is a phase that involves having Emmerian special forces aid in training Afalian security personnel as you prepare for the Titianician invasion. The expertise and combat experience they bring to the table could be an indispensable tool to train the brave men and women who will protect Afalia. Of course, as I've reiterated, all such actions rely solely on your approval.

"We won't have much time to prepare. If the Titianicians decide to invade, their mobilization phase, preparation, and deployment could take as little as roughly three weeks according to one of my advisors. That is not enough time to adequately train a military unit, but I am sure that your security forces can handle initial attacks.

"Another request of mine is to have you fortify some of your beaches and set up anti-ship systems there. Although I'm not going to go into detail about that—since I trust your men will be able to handle it—I do hope that you are prepared. These Titianicians—they're savages. Barbarians. They won't make it easy, nor will they miss any chance at oppressing more people. But I am fully confident that the Afalian people will fight, as you said yourself, to the last man standing. And I assure you that any men you allow me to deploy to your country will as well fight alongside them, hand-in-hand, as brothers-in-arms."

The president sat back in his chair, sighing before picking up a bottle of water from his desk and taking a deep gulp.

Mission Briefing Room
URS Majestic (CVN-87) (Ark Royal class super carrier)
U.R. Strategic Forces Command
Undisclosed location (near "The Rebelation")

"So we're basically waiting for the presidential green light to train locals Acaema-style?" one of the SEALs stared at his clipboard where he'd taken notes, then looked up at the presentation.

"Yes Blaire. The Afalians will need help against these barbarians," replied a man who was dressed elegantly in a traditional military dress uniform. "We'll have to set up a logistical supply chain first, but we'll leave that up to your HQ."

A man standing next to him, dressed in the same uniform as the SEALs, spoke. "All good?"

"Yes sir!" a collective reply reverberated through the dimly lit, cramped room.

"Alright, I want you all combat ready by 11-hundred hours. Dismissed."

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 am

Opexion Super Complex, Titianicia, Tyrrhenia, 8:30 GMT

It was cold outside as some of the steam condensed on the glass composite windows that composed the upper floors of the Hexograt. Lazin was waiting in his life support throne. Lazin was a cyborg were the machines and artificial materials kept him alive as he lost his jaw, a sizeable area of his stomach area and half of his right leg to a assassination attempt in central Apexion. The assassins were N.A.R.F, the New Alotosian Republician Front a rebellion that tries to get the tyranny of the Lazinium erased from the face of Titianicia.

Lazin was watching the world fly by as he stood as a moloch of tyranny immovable in life immortal in death. His people were fine with his rule but when just judging from the the typical moral standards of the world it looks like a Dystopia.

He was carefully watching the media of Afalia, surfing for government messages and waiting to suppress and mock them. He watched and listened with care that a ordinary human would not believe. He waited untill he listen the government broadcast, carefully listened but he burst out almost insanely laughing at it. "Resistance you say? Tyranny? Guards get me ASSR Lord Composer Divirav Vorhani on the coms now!" Lazin cried.

It was a few minuets untill the comms came back into life as it crackled. The Lord Composer began with "My enlightened Ditor what do you need?"

Lazin replied with "How is the ASSR rearming project going?"

" It is finished my Ditor and I believe the world thinks of the overseas trade."

"So everyone on the mainland is rearmed then?"

"Yes it is almost completely finished but they are ready for war and conflict. You can use use the old weaponry if you wish."

"No Divirav I what to mock the Emmerians when they arrive in Afalia anyway prepare the fleet! Terminate contact with Lord Composer".

Lazin closed the communications and chuckled to himself. He was going to win this by leveling out the battlefield technologically therefore creating a larger advantage. He was playing by the laws of war. Lazin walked over to his weapons, a katana and a Titianician HFAP-54 assault rifles he was commanding the 13th guard himself. He will be commanding a Dreadfire class Command Battleship along with a fleet to siege mainland Afalia and destroy others who oppose them. He was a Titianician and to war Titianicians go…

Meanwhile in the loading bays of Opexion

It was busy week in the bays of Opexion as the weapons and arms from the Marco-factories poured in. Around thousands of crates were unloaded opening their vastly ranging contents. There was the unmanned exploration fleets already setting of as the they were the first wave of attack.

It was efficient madness as trains came in and out, the new AS-15s and the MP-15s came onto the seven main super-carriers. The workers worked like unrelenting cogs in a industrial machines as the steam of the nuclear power planets in Opexion were exited from the dome creating a small disturbance in the air with a small gust.

The TCN Ditorate would be the Ditor's Personal ship and along with the three other super dreadnoughts would be guarded heavily at all times as it shall be used to siege and hopefully destroy Blackdon in a show of might. The TAF has considered leaving the Dreadfire fleet to protect Mainland Titianicia but they desired something truly intimidating to destroy a city and to break the spirt of the people who happen to be at the wrong end of the 400mm cannons.

However the 13th guard was preparing once again for conflict. The 13th guard is one of the 25 guards of Titianicia which were founded to protect the Grand Apexion Union after it was founded and they quickly became on of the most expected forces in Titianician history. They are isolated from standard command, hand picked by the trainers and fanatical in their leader who in this time is Ditor Jack Lazin. They have been trained in the war games for entertainment and thrown into a bloodbaths and come our fairly unwounded. They serve Lazin almost faithfuly and truly due his leadership in the "Siliencing of Disorder" were he crushed opposition to his regime when he first came unto the seen.

The the large airbases on the rim of the Opexion dome are starting to launch LRSSB-6 and 7s with full payloads ready to drop unto the major cities and go almost unnoticed home while the AS-15s rage fast-paced dogfights in the air . The heavier faster SSB-14 "Dragurai" carpet bombs the main districts of Blackdon constantly untill the battle in the air is won. The lesson in air-supieroity was taught to The IASM in the conflict in Verktha was a show of technological supieroity that annoyed the commanders greatly. This pushed towards updating the air-force and the military in general so the project began.
Last edited by The IASM on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
HUN-01

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:39 am

Virana wrote:Oval Office
Presidential Palace
Oured, D.A.

President Castilla nodded. "Your Excellency, I fully understand your position on this issue. Lazin is turning your nation into the warzone—that's inevitable. Ambassador Ackerson's comments on Lazin were focused on winning the campaign to protect the people of Afalia from the upcoming invasion. As you may or may not know, my very own doctrine focuses on protecting freedom in this world. I don't intend to make your nation any more of a warzone than what Lazin definitively will—wherever we can avoid conflict, we will. But we're vastly outnumbered in this war. The single way to overcome Lazin's invasion of your country will be to exploit his weaknesses. In no way are we proposing an overthrow of the Ditor, although one would be great, if your nation desires not to. Everything we do in Afalia will be of help to your people and done with your approval—and we are not going to let our own interests get in the way of protecting a fellow free nation.

"My first proposal is a phase that involves having Emmerian special forces aid in training Afalian security personnel as you prepare for the Titianician invasion. The expertise and combat experience they bring to the table could be an indispensable tool to train the brave men and women who will protect Afalia. Of course, as I've reiterated, all such actions rely solely on your approval.

"We won't have much time to prepare. If the Titianicians decide to invade, their mobilization phase, preparation, and deployment could take as little as roughly three weeks according to one of my advisors. That is not enough time to adequately train a military unit, but I am sure that your security forces can handle initial attacks.

"Another request of mine is to have you fortify some of your beaches and set up anti-ship systems there. Although I'm not going to go into detail about that—since I trust your men will be able to handle it—I do hope that you are prepared. These Titianicians—they're savages. Barbarians. They won't make it easy, nor will they miss any chance at oppressing more people. But I am fully confident that the Afalian people will fight, as you said yourself, to the last man standing. And I assure you that any men you allow me to deploy to your country will as well fight alongside them, hand-in-hand, as brothers-in-arms."

The president sat back in his chair, sighing before picking up a bottle of water from his desk and taking a deep gulp.

The Prime Minister waited for the President to finish drinking his water before he began again.

'We are already fortifying the beaches and conscription offices are opening now as well Mr. President,' Kelly said, 'Anti-aircraft and ship systems are already stationed along the coastline, especially outside the capital Blackdon. But I must re-itterate my point that whilst we desire the overthrow of Lazin as much as you do, we are not the sort of country that gets involved in wars like this. We cannot subscribe to your doctrine if it means committing Afalian soldiers to a long drawn out war, especially on our own soil.

'To your first point however, our defence wing, whilst small is already well trained. They've been training for sixty years and nothing's happened,' the PM joked, 'They would be well equipped to train the new conscripts to a point, however it seems we have no choice but to let your boys start training them. You can drop them here as soon as you like.

'Now, if that is all sorted, are there any other requests or questions Mr. President?'

————————

Meanwhile on the streets the young graduate watched as the Afalian defence wing soldiers placed posters up on the street walls. He'd watched the PM's broadcast many times that morning, trying to work out what would happen next. Now he knew-conscription, and he'd be first on the list.

'This is one of the few times I wish we had a damn standing army,' muttered the graduate.

He walked over to the poster and began to read it.

THIS IS A GENERAL NOTICE TO ALL CITIZENS

The IASM is preparing to wage a war against Afalia for the purposes of enslaving our people and using our land and people as a means of production of food, of which there is a severe shortage in the invading nation’s land. Their leader, Ditor Jack Lazin, is a sadistic despot who will not only destroy our democratic way of life and enslave our people, but also exterminate, using death camps, those who are deemed ‘undesirable’. Lazin’s ‘undesirables’ include the mentally ill, those who repel his attacks, those unable to work out of illness or age and young children.

In order to protect our nation and prevent the atrocities Lazin and his army are prepared to and will commit, His Majesty’s Government and His Majesty’s Defence Wing are to put in place the following measures regarding conscription to the defence wing of our nation. For the purposes of security the defence wing of the police shall be separated from the police and all 500,000 currently serving in it, will form the first members of the new armed forces.

-Possible Conscripts To HM Afalian Armed Forces In Order Of Highest To Lowest Levels-
Those at the top of the list will be conscripted first, descending down the list as needed. HM Government has announced that the first two levels of conscripts will be immediately conscripted.

Unmarried unemployed men between the ages of 19 and 39
Unmarried already working men between the ages of 19 and 39
Unmarried unemployed women between the ages of 19 and 39
Unmarried already working women between the ages of 19 and 39
Unmarried unemployed men deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Unmarried already working men deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Unmarried unemployed women deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Unmarried already working women deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Married unemployed men without children between the ages of 19 and 39
Married already working men without children between the ages of 19 and 39
Married unemployed women without children between the ages of 19 and 39
Married already working women without children between the ages of 19 and 39
Married unemployed men without children deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Married already working men without children deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Married unemployed women deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Married already working women deemed physically fit between the ages of 40 and 60
Married, with children, unemployed men between the ages of 19 and 39
Married, with children, already working men between the ages of 19 and 39
Married, with children, unemployed women between the ages of 19 and 39
Married, with children, already working women between the ages of 19 and 39

-Exclusions Without Exceptions-
The following groups will never be conscripted.

Children-Those classed under 19 years of age
The Ill-Including both physical and mental illnesses
Essential/Emergency Services Personnel
Absolutist Conscientious Objectors

Underneath it was a copy of the Prime Minister's speeches. The graduate turned and made his way a short way down the road to the newly opened conscription office. It had been put together very quickly. The graduate was scared but proud as he signed his name down. He went through the building to the back where a number of vans sat ready to be loaded up. There was one more place on a van, so the graduate jumped on and the vehicle sped away to prepare.

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 am

The chief of the defence staff Dawson sat watching the Prime Minister speak to the Emmerian President. From behind him a staffer beckoned him over. Dawson followed the young man to a computer screen.

'Excellent,' Dawson said, 'The PM's ask for help has not gone unnoticed.'

Dawson read the latest message.

'A billion US standard dollars and men, weapons and machinery from the Russian United Imperial Empire has been donated. Let's hope more follow suit eh?'

The young staffer nodded. Dawson returned to the desk and his computer screen to continue watching the PM and President speak.

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 am

Cut out.
Last edited by The IASM on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUN-01

Krownsinburg
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krownsinburg » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 am

CLASSIFIED LOCATION, CODENAME: Sierra-Alpha-Echo, Kröwnsinburg

Conspircy theorists always dreamed of proving Sector Sierra-Alpha-Echo's existance, yet there still had been no evidence, but it was very much a real place... 'unofficially', of course, and was only ever used in the most serious of circumstances, this was on of thos circumstances.

Today, the meeting room, layed out with a large oval table, complete with 12 chairs, reinforced steel doors, security cameras in all 4 corners, and armed guards on the front and back side of the main door, contain the most important people in Kröwnsinburg, this included:

Prime Minister Helmfried Siskin
Minister of Foreign Affairs Timotheus Weeber
Minister of Defense Günther Brand
Marshal of the Airforce Arne Mas
Admiral of the Navy Bettina Lehrer
Major of the Army Lukas Lieberenz
5 Star General of the Armed Forces Alfred Conrad

And finally, the man who they all answer to, the Monarch of all of Kröwnsinburg, Kaiser William Holtzer XXXIX, the 39th man to be named William Holtzer and rule Kröwnsinburg since the nation was founded in 1777 by William Holtzer I, the current Kaiser was only in his late 70's, and was growing older, it wouldn't be long until he would leave the throne to his son, William Holtzer XL.

The man sat at one of the end seats and looked at everyone in silence, each on waiting to hear from their beloved Kaiser.

"Ladies, Gentlemen..."

He began.

"Today is a rerun of the past, the tyrants picking on the weak and taking what they wish, without anyone to answer to, in this day and age, it is nations like us who stand up for others, who fight for the freedom of all, I will not allow Afalia to fall to this man, this cyborg, Jack Lazin, I won't allow this... 'Ditorist' ideology to spread to the good people of Afalia, no, I shall not, and since I shall not, YOU shall not, that is my only command, I ask you today, how will we defend Afalia?"

The room fell silent as everyone began to discuss their plans in hushed tones, or think of them in their minds.

"My Kaiser,"

Began Admiral Lehrer a young woman in her late 20's, yet effectively leading the Kröwns Navy to victory in every naval engagement so far.

"Our best bet is to wrest control of the waters surrounding Afalia, so that we can establish landing positions for the Marines, and direct any sort of evacuations of Afalian citizens seeking to escape the coming storm and be harbored here-"

The rest of her sentence sudenly interrupted by Marshal Mas of the Airforce, man of 40 years of age, who's served in the Airforce since he was only 18, and recognized as a Ace fighter among the Airforce.

"Please, the Sea was the only way to dominate warfare before the 20th Century, now we have planes, Air superiority is what is needed, we need to supply the Afalians with some of our AA equipment, such as the Stinger missiles and Flakpanzers, meanwhile we will be able to establish control of the skies through our superb airforce, we'll rip their aircraft to pieces and establish dominance over the air, but of course we'll require the use of Afalia's airports, as they lack military airfields..."

"The enemy will no doubt have AA technology as well, and then what Mas? Are you going to kamikaze yourself into a SAM? Our best bet is to establish naval superiority-"

"How? With your little Ohio-class subs? What are you going to do 'Admiral'? Play chicken shit with submarines, because that worked out so well LAST time!"

The two continued to bicker for a moment, nothing unusual, as it was hard to put the two in the same room without them fight over which is the superior service, finally, Major Lieberenz had heard enough.

"BOTH OF YOU SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND SHUT THE HELL UP!"

The room grew silent, as the two then returned to their seats.

"Now then, can we settle this like adults and not 6 year olds? Thank you, now, General Conrad and I have been discussing the situation, and we believe we have the salution to this problem."

The General then discussed his and the Major's plan with the group, it went on for several hours, finally the Kaiser addressed the crowd again.

"Major, General, you two have the most well thought out plan, it seems effective... we shall know when the time for war comes, now then, everyone, you are dismissed."

The group saluted the Kaiser, and with him they left the room, knocking down the first Domino.

To the Afalian Government

There will come a day when dark encompasses this planet, it will absorb all the good in the world, but when it does, they will not say we did not fight!

We won't allow the Ditor to invade your lands without having to deal with the International Community, we the people of Kröwnsinburg will come to your aid, and all those who seek harm against your nation will have to cut down every Soldier, Sailor, Pilot and Marine of our Armed Forces before they can so much as spit on it, we will aid you in your war against the IASM, it is the will of God that this Ditor be defeated and the freedom of Afalia be preserved for future generations.

We will defend you from all foreign threats, so help us God.

Sincerly, the Germanic Confederation of Kröwnsinburg
Just your average Liberal Capitalist Christian Deist American.
The Germanic Confederation of Kröwnsinburg is NOT Fascist!
Monfrox wrote:Your GPS is not always right, especially if it tells you to drive into the Pacific Ocean.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Everything is Britain's fault.

Hydesland wrote:If we go down this route we'll eventually be blaming William the Conqueror.

Divair wrote:
Krownsinburg wrote:Vote Obama 2012 if you want America to die. :)

Such a good argument.

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:38 am

Krownsinburg wrote:
To the Afalian Government

There will come a day when dark encompasses this planet, it will absorb all the good in the world, but when it does, they will not say we did not fight!

We won't allow the Ditor to invade your lands without having to deal with the International Community, we the people of Kröwnsinburg will come to your aid, and all those who seek harm against your nation will have to cut down every Soldier, Sailor, Pilot and Marine of our Armed Forces before they can so much as spit on it, we will aid you in your war against the IASM, it is the will of God that this Ditor be defeated and the freedom of Afalia be preserved for future generations.

We will defend you from all foreign threats, so help us God.

Sincerly, the Germanic Confederation of Kröwnsinburg

Dear Krownsinburg,

We express our greatest thanks to the extension of hand of friendship your country has given us. I am currently attempting to rally support for a coalition of nations to help fight the invading IASM force, and so far have military support from Emmeria, Russian United Imperial Empire and your own great country.

The thankfulness of the people of this nation cannot be expressed in words alone, but we promise you that we will always be thankful, even if we can never pay you back.

Sincerely,

Christopher Kelly
Prime Minister, First Lord Of The Treasury
HM Government Afalia

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:32 am

Apexion Grand Stand, Titianicia, Tyrrhenia 12:30GMT

Lazin was standing on the Grandstand in the cold wind blew over. The Grandstand is one of the older monuments in Apexion as it was constructed in 1928 as a way for Lord Protector Orious Lazinium to speak pupbically to the people and take in advice from the general majority of the crowd to see what they wanted to happen. Its currently is decorated with vast statuses and sculptures of myths and great Titianician leaders. It has banners everywhere bearing the dark seals of the senate and the Ditorate that a several storeys high as the blow in the wind. The people stood in a huge stage where they can see the person speaking clearly as possible.

The sky itself was open and calm with only a few nuclear steam clouds high above with very few natural clouds insight. The wind was however gust as ever and cold for Hoathelmic wind. The ground was hard as steel and dry as the dessert due to the annoying wind but the speech had to go on.

There was a crowd of 30 thousand had journeyed across the capitial to see the speech in all of its glory while many more watched at work. This was one of the few times that workers were allowed the to stop work which was joyful to most.

Lazin himself would see the people for the third time in his reign is person. Not just of the television or radio they would hear his voice but the way it is. Lazin was surrounded by many Ditorate guards but most of the guards were not required for Lazin's safety but the killing of assassins as Lazin himself was highly protected from attack due to most of body being made of MC-3- a composite designed to be at least twenty times stronger than Kevlar. However the event was being filmed and streamed onto YouTube as a way so send it out to the world.

As Lazin walked around back stage he thought to one of his personalities ' is this to much, the world clearly thinks that you are a tyrant but you think you are doing good what do you…' but Lazin interrupted himself shouting "Silence heretic!" to himself while the rest of the people in the room look on fearfully of the madness that raged inside of Lazin. " I'm sorry as the voices rage, I rage back" he said worryingly. " My Ditor the speech is due soon" informed a member of the Senate. "I know, I know…" Lazin replied as he walked out of the exit into a wave of sound. "Heil Lazin, Heil The Ditorate, Heil the Fatherland!" the crowed cried with Patriotism in their hearts.

Lazin walked to the microphones and began to speak with his replicated but still highly artificial voice. "My glorious children, the children of Orion welcome today to Apexion" began Lazin while resting heavily on the stand. "You may have noticed that the ration available to you have recently dropped heavily and small famine has started in areas of the Marcofactories. Well you may fear not about dieing from famine no more as we are planning to introduce a nation named Afalia to Sectorisation. This is for you to have food once again and to work with the beat of Orion in your heart to the plague of death! We shall fight in the name of the Fatherland and Titianicia and Ditorism!". Lazin time his next words as some AS-15 started to fly overhead "We will annihilate the those who are blind to salvation with our newly supreme airforce! And on the ground we shall roll over those who charge head first with our new well armed and well trained Strumtruppen! We are untied in spirit and strength and with that we shall not fall!" The crowed cried once gain "Heil Lazin, Heil The Ditorate, Heil the Fatherland" as Lazin bathed in his glory which shall come evermore,
HUN-01

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 am

In the bunker below parliament, it was nearing the evening traffic rush but the streets were already busy with conscription in full flow. Dawson saw a red light flash at his console and as he pressed a button on screen a Youtube stream of Jack Lazin appeared. Dawson called the Prime Minister over.

'Just as moment Mr. President.'

Kelly stood up and walked over to the largest screen in the room as a stream from Youtube began playing the Ditor's speech.

'Christ almighty,' said Dawson, 'He's more machine than man.'

The speech ended and the crowd began chanting. Kelly sighed and rested on the large silver table sitting in the middle of the room.

'Dawson and Wilcox get the best people we have analysing everything in that speech, the city, the people, the style of speaking but most importantly the Ditor himself. He's just trying to scare us ladies and gentlemen. He's just trying to intimidate us, but we won't be intimidated,' Kelly said.

'Another speech sir?' suggested Wilcox.

Kelly opened his mouth to speak but then closed it again.

'I may have a better idea.'

Kelly smirked and walked over to the large board displaying figures of the newly formed Afalian armed forces.

'How many people do we now have with the first two conscription levels instigated?' he asked.

Dawson flicked up a new tab on his mini-computer tablet, 'With the 500,000 of the original defence wing plus so far a vast majority of the unemployed and students being conscripted, we have around 26 million men.'

'Well that's quite an improvement,' Kelly said, 'But none of them have ever fought in their lives.'

'And the Ditor has an army of 234 million men,' Dawson said.

'We can do this sir.'

Kelly looked round. It was Wilcox.

'I was in the defence wing for many years. We may be small but because of that we have excellent training in small groups. With the special forces from Emmeria and possibly other nations coming, we can be sure of some decently trained boys.'

Kelly nodded, 'I'm going to go work up a little reply for Lazin's speech.'

The rest of the room carried on working.

OOC: I'm basing my conscription levels on the numbers of unemployed but able, plus a small percentage of the working class populations in my nation. I'm doing a small percentage turnout which will increase as time goes on.

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:57 am

Afalia wrote:In the bunker below parliament, it was nearing the evening traffic rush but the streets were already busy with conscription in full flow. Dawson saw a red light flash at his console and as he pressed a button on screen a Youtube stream of Jack Lazin appeared. Dawson called the Prime Minister over.

'Just as moment Mr. President.'

Kelly stood up and walked over to the largest screen in the room as a stream from Youtube began playing the Ditor's speech.

'Christ almighty,' said Dawson, 'He's more machine than man.'

The speech ended and the crowd began chanting. Kelly sighed and rested on the large silver table sitting in the middle of the room.

'Dawson and Wilcox get the best people we have analysing everything in that speech, the city, the people, the style of speaking but most importantly the Ditor himself. He's just trying to scare us ladies and gentlemen. He's just trying to intimidate us, but we won't be intimidated,' Kelly said.

'Another speech sir?' suggested Wilcox.

Kelly opened his mouth to speak but then closed it again.

'I may have a better idea.'

Kelly smirked and walked over to the large board displaying figures of the newly formed Afalian armed forces.

'How many people do we now have with the first two conscription levels instigated?' he asked.

Dawson flicked up a new tab on his mini-computer tablet, 'With the 500,000 of the original defence wing plus so far a vast majority of the unemployed and students being conscripted, we have around 26 million men.'

'Well that's quite an improvement,' Kelly said, 'But none of them have ever fought in their lives.'

'And the Ditor has an army of 234 million men,' Dawson said.

'We can do this sir.'

Kelly looked round. It was Wilcox.

'I was in the defence wing for many years. We may be small but because of that we have excellent training in small groups. With the special forces from Emmeria and possibly other nations coming, we can be sure of some decently trained boys.'

Kelly nodded, 'I'm going to go work up a little reply for Lazin's speech.'

The rest of the room carried on working.

OOC: I'm basing my conscription levels on the numbers of unemployed but able, plus a small percentage of the working class populations in my nation. I'm doing a small percentage turnout which will increase as time goes on.

OOC: You know that conscripted troops are rubbish at fighting as they have just being employed to do something without any training?
HUN-01

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am

The IASM wrote:OOC: You know that conscripted troops are rubbish at fighting as they have just being employed to do something without any training?

OOC: Yes that's why I wrote the PM saying 'none of them have been trained' and then did a bit about troops from other nations helping to train them.

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 am

Wilcox made his way down the steps into a small holding room. In it sat Prince Sael, the younger brother of the Ditor and undoubtedly a target the IASM would be looking to execute immediately. WIlcox had been thinking things over since Prince Sael had alerted him to the possibility of an attack earlier that week. He had an idea which he had taken to the Prime Minister.

'I like it,' Kelly had said, 'But make sure he does too before we tell anyone.'

So here Wilcox was, strolling into the holding room where Prince Sael was being guarded. He knew it would be seen as a risky move by many, but Wilcox was confident of Prince Sael.

'Your highness,' he said, still keeping up the diplomatic formalities, 'I have a proposition for you. Would you like to hear it?'

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:19 am

Sael looking curiously back at Wilcox with a look light wonder. He thought to himself "What they would do?". He replied with "what do you require with as I seem to be stuffed into a blunker which could be easy to storm of found?". He learned towards Wilcox with his eyes clearly not like the Ditor's with caring life showing though.
HUN-01

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 am

The Reichstag , Berlina

The Reichstag was a building but to the people of UWO it was a monument of fascism and the nations eternal will for a global hegemony. The UWO was situated in Tyrrhenia and one of iys nearest neighbors were the IASM a regime probably more fanatic then the UWO. Currently the IAsM were under surveillence through implaced tourists who were spies and highly secret sattalite surrveillence technology which surveyed military installations and civilian hubs. All was considered an act for the bettering of national security. Receantly it had been found of a build up in military might by surrveillence and it was later found with the spies inside that an invasion was being put into the works. The target nation was Afailia a quite large nation who was considered pacifist and surrvellience was also conducted there too picking up large military build ups in the country.

Victor Klubtz was presented with the information of this and was delighted. He had decided and made perfectly clear that they would assist the IASM with whatever they could. It had been strategized that the UWO units sent off to aid the IASM would provide muscle against foriegn aggression from the likes of organizations known hostile to the IASM and was at war with one UWOs allies Ralkovia. I C E. Weeks before naval units were being organized to be sent off to Pardes to link up with Tehraanian naval forces in the area for the hopefully comming demise of Emmeria who was a close and pestering ally and member of ICE. Word was already spreading that war was being waged once again as UWO Naval forces were being ready to follow the IASM onvasion fleet as soon as it left. Survellience would help with that.
Last edited by United World Order on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 am

OOC: This is still from the live stream.
As Lazin began to speak once again as he learned over the microphones with the crowd quieting down with him. "Thank you, thank you, may I add that the next part of my speech is directed towards Afalia and their allies. I Ditor Jack Lazin will lead the battle personally along with the 13th guard of the Ditorate and many more troops as we crush the tiny threat posed by the Afalian conscripted troopers. I shall hang the head of Sael Lazinium on my wall as a personal reminder to anyone who betrays the fatherland. We shall united disorder and destroy it as the Dreadfires bombard your cost under the united might of Apexion for yourself." This was met by even more cheers.

As Lazin began so speak once again he started with a stronger and more human voice." We have allies all around us including the United World Order! We are united with strength and honour not babbling democracy or corrupted monarchies we stick by policies and live by rules and with that we shall win". After this Lazin backed away from the stand and walked back into the Grandstand's huge door to face the world and more.
HUN-01

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 am

The IASM wrote:Sael looking curiously back at Wilcox with a look light wonder. He thought to himself "What they would do?". He replied with "what do you require with as I seem to be stuffed into a blunker which could be easy to storm of found?". He learned towards Wilcox with his eyes clearly not like the Ditor's with caring life showing though.

'Your highness, as the brother of the Ditor, you clearly know a lot about the IASM's battle techniques and styles. I'll put this to you blankly-we want you as an armed forces adviser for this war, and a trainer of the newly conscripted troops. What do you say?' Wilcox asked.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents