NATION

PASSWORD

Port Hejarta Summit [Closed,MT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Repulaea
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Port Hejarta Summit [Closed,MT]

Postby Repulaea » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Port Hejarta
Keterine Islands
5th Fleet Headquarters

With the Gavran Conflict now in full swing, COSPN military commanders pushed to establish a conference by which the coalition leaders from the Camran states and COSPN could establish a clear campaign plan in the Gavran Islands. This joint effort would have to work in conjunction with itself perfectly if it were to succeed. The 5th Fleet Headquarters of the Royal Repulaean Navy in scenic Port Hejarta, Keterine Islands, was the preferred place of meeting for the Repulaean party. Repulaea, would singularly represent the COSPN war effort while Mallaska would represent the Camran contingent. The goal was to quickly decide upon a plausible plan that would exact the greatest amount of damage on the Gavran capacity to wage war with the least possible loss to coalition forces.

The headquarters conference chamber allowed for a large enough space to house both parties for the duration of the military summit. Recently appointed Supreme General of COSPN forces, Lieutenant General Zachary Marcer of the 4th Royal Army Group Command, stood at the head of a mahogany long table, one that sat 40 people on either side. He cleared his throat and drew a small stack of papers from the portfolio on his desk, nodding to the congregation.

"Fellow commanders, I welcome you all to this important summit. It is one, I believe, that will be pivotal to the coming war effort in the Gavran Islands. I thank you all for the sacrifices that you are about to make to preserve your nation's liberties. As per COSPN agreement, my party will be entirely representative of COSPN interests in this theater of action. Now there are several items on the table that must be decided upon. There are the following:

* COSPN requests temporary military basing rights in Mallaska for the duration of the conflict as well as shore leave permits for COSPN personnel. Decided

* An overall battle plan must be decided on. Repulaea suggests a series of strike actions in a rapid "island hopping" advance of sorts. Stronger, more pivotal islands will have to be taken with ground troops, however, less important Gavran supply bases can be bombarded from afar and cut off, rendering them useless to the enemy. Decided

* Rules of engagement: We believe civilians should be excluded from targets unless they are unfortunately within the strike vicinity of a major industrial center. In any case, all efforts must be made to spare innocent lives. Decided

* We must decide upon the ultimate goal for this war, militarily and politically. COSPN's goal is to dislodge Gavran military force in the region, usurp their ability to wage any sort of offensive military effort in the future, and to bring about an end to the war between the Camran and Gavran States in our favor. Decided [Amendment: The Coalition also seeks the ouster of the Gavran regimes in order to replace them with stable, democratic governments.]

Mallaskan contributions or additions to these or any other issues are more than welcome. So, gentlemen and ladies, what say you?"

Supreme Commander of COSPN Forces: Lieutenant General Zachary Marcer, 4th Royal Army Group Command
Supreme Commander of Repulaean Forces: Rear Admiral Jerald Tanson, 5th Fleet, COMOSTRKGU210
Supreme Commander of Euneian Forces: Major General Herald Kevins
Supereme Comander of Seran Forces: Major General Cosar Peskin
Supreme Commander Silvioni Forces: General Nathaniel Naysin
Last edited by Repulaea on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mallaska
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mallaska » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Camran Representatives:
1. Supreme Commander of Camran Forces: High Field Marshal Francis Wallace, Commander in Cheif of the Mallaskan Armed Forces
2. Supreme Commander of Mallaskan Forces: Field Marshal Jackson Fisher
3. Supreme Commander of Ammarvan Forces: Field Marshal Hugh James
4. Supreme Commander of Sivvan Forces: Field Marshal Jakob Mestrinek
5. Supreme Commander of Royal Grenfield Forces: Field General Cameron Shidler, 2nd Infantry Division
6. Supreme Commander of Gavronian Forces: High Air Marshal Karl Hissvere
7. Supreme Commander of Sekkroshan Forces: Fleet Marshal Admiral Rioman Khill, 1st Expeditionary Fleet
8. Supreme Commander of New Jestland Forces: Field Marshal Han Guersta, 4th Infantry Division
9. Supreme Commander of Aurisan Forces: General Admiral Garrett Snyder, 1st Defensive Fleet
10. Supreme Commander of Rukandan Forces: High Field Marshal Mike Fraiser
11. Supreme Commander of West, Northern, and South Gavran Forces: Minister of the Military Kitrek Mestravin, West Gavran Ministry of the Military

Field Marshal Jackson Fisher spoke up. "As long as the COSPN personnel follows Mallaskan law while on Mallaskan soil, I will allow basing rights." He said, with High Field Marshal Francis Wallace nodding in agreement.

"I will also allow basing rights on West Gavran land, should all our laws be followed." Said Minister Kitrek Mestravin.

"I think that was settled quickly." Said HFM Wallace. "Now, I suggest we outline the war plan." He proposed. "I, personally, agree with the island-hopping strategy, but it has a catch." He said. "Even with a combined fleet, it is highly risky, we would be leaving our region without proper fleet defense should the enemy decide a direct attack on the Camran mainland." He said.

"I agree." Said FM Guersta of New Jestland. "What little navy New Jestland has cannot be spared going on a bee-swarm at little islands. Defense to the homeland is New Jestland's #1 priority." He said.

HFM Mike Fraiser of Rukanda raised his voice. "Such a strategy also leaves our landing force to extreme risk. I don't want an Iwo Jima on our hands." He said.

"Well what do you suggest then?" FM Hugh James of Ammarva asked HFM Fraiser.

"I suggest a blockade strategy. Bypass the islands, thus cut off from supplies, and go straight for their mainland." Fraiser said.

"That puts us right back on square one!" Said HAM Hissvere of Gavrona. "I do suggest a bypass strategy, but landing our forces on their mainland is suicide. We'll get more casualties there than the islands combined!" He declared.

"We don't exactly need amphibious landing." Said Minister Mestravin. "We could use West Gavran ports to bring in supplies and get you into the region, and you can launch an immediate ground campaign. Minimal lives lost getting there." He proposed to the table.

"But the enemy will have a large amount of resources at their disposal should we go for a direct land-campaign." Said FG Shidler of Grenfield. "Perhaps a two-pronged attack, some forces devoted to and island attack strategy, and some to the ground campaign?" He asked the table.
Last edited by Mallaska on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former USMC 0621 - Comms is down because I'm not down with Comms
Correctional Officer because I got bored

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:32 pm

"General Marcer stood again, rasing his hand as the room quieted down.

"You have all brought very important viewpoints to this diverse discussion and I will gladly address them all. Firstly, I thank the Mallaskans and the West Gavrans for allowing us to establish forward operating bases in their countries. I can assure you that COSPN forces therein will convey the utmost respect for your laws. To address the Camran concerns about homeland defense, may I present the Supreme Commander of Repulaean expeditionary forces, Rear Admiral Jerald Tanson of the Royal Fifth Fleet."

Admiral Tanson, a short, muscled man stood, assuming the full attention of the council.

"Thank you, General." he said, giving Marcer a nod of acknowledgment. "Gentlemen, while I am not one to underestimate my enemy, I do believe that the chance of a Gavran incursion into Camran territory is very slim indeed. The Repulaean naval force alone would outgun the entirety of the Gavran navy. With the combined maritime strength of COSPN, Gavran naval prospects are rendered null and void. It is safe to say that, with the exception of immediate Gavran waters, we, as the joint coalition, control the seas. Repulaea and her COSPN allies have more than enough naval strength in reserve to provide a buffer in order to protect your coasts. That's the beauty of island warfare, as I see it. The enemy's greatest chance at taking ground is through an amphibious approach. He cannot go down that avenue if we control the coasts. Therefore, as I see it, the Gavran navy is not nearly as significant a threat as is the sheer size of their available ground forces, which I find to be a large speed bump along our road to victory. General Marcer."

The General assumed his position again before the summit.

"Thank you Admiral Tanson. Now to your final concern about island strategy I propose a compromise. Indeed, we should not land on all islands with ground force. The cost in terms of supplies, time, and troops would be far too high. However we cannot simply jump headfirst into a campaign for their home island. Instead, I propose that we land on an immediate island closest to their homeland and secure it with a rapid strike. This would provide us with an immediate staging base from which we can launch a well supplied, coordinated mission to take the main island and to which we can quickly send back casualties. It would prove to be a useful jump-off point for the main invasion. All other hostile islands, with our immense combined naval strength, will be cut off through naval blockade and pounded from the sea and air, rendering the bases on these islands useless to our enemy. It would also free up thousands of coalition troops and save the lives of thousands more.

Well there it is, gentlemen. Thoughts?"
Last edited by Repulaea on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mallaska
Diplomat

Postby Mallaska » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 pm

HFM Wallace stood. "I agree with such a campaign, but I'm concerned about the affects of war and a large military installation being on islands which contain a high amount of Civilians. Any island of use to our campaign is heavily populated, and I am concerned of the impact, but politically and evironmentally we will have on the local population, not to mention it would be a valuable military target. We can only do such with one island, and should an attack on the enemy mainland fail, an attack on the base-island would be most likely, ultimately leading to high casualties of both Coalition troops and Civilians." He said, getting several nods of approval from Camran representatives.

Hugh James of Ammarva now had his say. "I agree with the strategy proposed by our Coalition allies also, alongwith the points brought up by Commander Wallace. East Gavra and Keymoa, both have a fair amount of submarines which to prey upon our supply ships with, though, I see it as the most sane strategy proposed." He said.

Several Camran representatives agreed to the strategy.

"I do believe the Base-Island Campaign a good strategy, and that is what Mallaska will approve." Said FM Fisher, most of the other representatives also voiced their support before the summit.

"Then it is decided. Camran forces will adopt the Base-Island Strategy. I have full faith that we can succeed in the operation with the least amount of lives lost. The 1st Joint-Fleet currently en-route to West Gavra will help avhieve the operation, and the ships provided in the generous Repulaean loan will also be taken to West Gavra to aid our efforts." HFM Wallace declared.

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 pm

"Very well gentlemen." began General Marcer. "We will, of course, need to determine which island is to be assaulted to be acquired as a base. Due to the Camran's unique perspective of the region, we will leave that particular up to their judgement. Our last item of business is the ultimate goal for the conflict. While COSPN seeks to dismantle the Gavran military and hinder any opportunity they may have for a future war effort, I want to know if our Camran allies have any further goals for this war. The ouster of the Gavran dictatorship may be a foreseeable long term goal, but it would be a far more difficult and prolonged military stunt. Thoughts?"

Mallaska
Diplomat

Postby Mallaska » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:48 pm

HFM Wallace immediatly stood. "We have had experience before against a regime we let stay in power after war. The results lead to another war and a nuclear standoff. Our goal must include the dismantling their oppressive regimes to prevent future conflict. We must completely disarm their nation once our goal is achieved. Disarm their civilians and not allow them a military." He said.

FM Fisher stood. "Though I agree upon the toppling of the enemy regime, completely disarming them and their civilian's is a breach of their basic rights. They deserve a right to defend themselves from foreign threat. We should not disarm a regime we plan to make whole. If we replace their dictatorships with free Democracy, we will have little need to disarm them. The Camran region and COSPN could gain very much from this. We could gain allies, and improve our economies by the sale of military equipment to a new democratic government." He said.

"Very well, gentlemen. I also agree with this strategy. Though it requires a bit more of a military stunt by our forces, I believe it is something we can accomplish, for the sake of protecting ourselves from future conflict." Said Minister Mestravin of the Western Gavra Coalition.

"I believe the Camran forces are all in favor." Said HFM Wallace. "We shall follow the plan of dismantling their regimes, for the sake of future peaceful interaction." Said Wallace.

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm

"Very well." General Marcer said calmly. "This coalition's ultimate goal in the region is to disable the Gavran military and dislodge their regimes. Mind you, replacing their regimes with friendly governments will require a prolonged presence in the post-war region. Luckily, President Tannas, my commander in chief, has agreed to partake in such an effort. I also agree that the Gavrans should not be completely disarmed. We are here to fight for liberty, gentlemen. For the cost we're about to pay, liberty must take the day. Lets ensure that this conflict will be the last one. Reconciliation will be a major aspect in the post-war recuperation. Bear in mind that the efforts we exert today will reap lasting benefits in the future for all our children and grandchildren.

If there are no more concerns, we may begin to dismiss this summit."

Mallaska
Diplomat

Postby Mallaska » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm

"Agreed. Let us dismiss and begin our respective operation." Said HFM Wallace, standing.

Repulaea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Repulaea » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm

"All right then, gentlemen," said Lieutenant General Marcer at last. "I hereby declare this summit adjured. Godspeed and good luck to you all. See you in the Gavran Islands. I'll have a bottle of '62 South Repulaean Champagne ready for the victory celebrations."
Last edited by Repulaea on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents