NATION

PASSWORD

The Asuran Renaissance [Closed TFU only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Isolatonia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Asuran Renaissance [Closed TFU only]

Postby Isolatonia » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 pm

The continent of Asura, 1456. A very different Asura to the busy, bustling one of the Twenty First Century. The continent was in turmoil after The Phaedran Empire began its second conquest against Doloremia.

Midrasia is free of Kassius, but is very weak. The re-established monarchy is fighting to rid their land of bandits and to restore order.

The nations of Delsola and Isolatonia are each looking to expand their empires.

The region had undergone a renaissance for the past 150 years, but the threat of war threatened to destroy this age of cultural prosperity.

What happened next? Was peace discovered or did war destroy the age of discovery and culture? Lets see, shall we?
Last edited by Isolatonia on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Raven Queen `Alümía sat atop her throne in the newly-completed Black Castle of Phaedrus Imperator, surveying her map of Asura. It had all happened so quickly; the Second Conquest had begun, and new territories named, under Infernal Lord Dra`kath II. He had then named his successor, the inept Archgeneral `Orath II, who fortunately never actually had to do anything- the army was going from strength to strength, and he was unnecessary in the running of the empire. His political position only legally required him to do one thing, and he had done it wonderously- choosing the next leader. `Alümía was of noble blood, but was cruel, narcistic and a sadist- some might say this is what made her perfect for the position. Her opponent, the head of the army, General 'Arhemys, would have made a great ruler, but she was chosen instead. The official reason given was that he was needed in the army, but it was no secret why he chose her- she was 23, extremely attractive and... well, a she. However, her skill as a leader had led to a series of technological advancements, bringing Phaedrus Imperator in line with the Renaissance of the Federal Union. She surveyed the map, drawing crosses on the areas that interested her, and smiled, hinting at her gleaming white teeth. 'Soon, we shall control the world,' she said, barely keeping the glee and lust for power out of her voice. 'Soon this world shall burn!' She took her rapier and heated it within the fire, then plunged it into the map. The fires swept across the lands of Asura. 'Just as they shall soon,' she said...
Last edited by Phaedrus Imperator on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:46 am

James Vuldas the Devious sat slumped upon his throne, his templar tunic stained red with blood from his coughing fits. The gold crown of Greater Isoltonia nestled atop his head of white hair. He has once been a powerful king, building Isolatonias empire into the most efficient and powerful in all of Asura. but no longer. he was now a decrepid wreck of a man who left the running of his country to his son, Dominic.
A strong willed lad, though he does not have the brains to maintain an empirethe size of Isolatonias. the king thought. Such a tradgedy that his elder brother fell from those ramparts onto the hard ground.
A servant had been blamed and executed, though Dominic did not seem remotely sad...

The doors to the Royal Courtromm opened and a chamberlin stepped in.
'Your son, Prince Dominic is here to see you, your most excellent majesty.' he said clearly. 'he brings great uurrggg.' the chamberlin slumped to the floor with blood pouring from his chest.
'You forgot 'his highness''. said Dominic, stepping over the corpse.
'You bring news?' rasped the old king
'yes father. Fifty infidels were executed before for saying that Titanism ' he spat on the floor, 'is the only true religion. Honestly, father, i do not know why you tolerate them and those Midrasian bastards who exciled our forefathrs!'
'Dominic. Our empire cannot be expanded any more and maintain its strength.' said the king. 'If you were remotely competant, you would realize that! now begone! the sight of you sickens me! i do not know why Tempalas took your brother from me and left me with an idiot!'
'yes father.' Dominic left the room. when he was in his chambers, he tore down the portrait of his father and cast it from the window. as he watched the picture fall, he made a vow
'I promise you this, father. like this painting, i will ensure you fall. Give me time and I will destroy you!'
The painting fell to the ground and was run over by a cart. Dominic smiled to himself.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am

Midrasian-Sentaurus Royal Seal

In the Midrasian Court at the Skyfall Palace it has been 3 years since Kassius was forced out of Midrasia and the rebuilding has been successful, fortifications in the north are at full strength and strong trade with Delsola has helped boost the economy. King Von Timos sits on the throne, the house of Sentaurus now assumes power over the southern lands. General Malakos enters the room, ready to address the king and his court.
"My King, with the country secure, I suggest that we return order to the surrounding regions, with the help of allies we can restore the peace to Asura, here in my hand I posses an alliance treaty to be sent to The Phaedran Empire, he hope to improve our relations over the coming months and keep the order. I suggest we also send a similar document to Delsola, with their help I am sure that with their help we can improve this world."
"I object!" states Lord Faeren of Mydroll. "Midrasia should be independent and not rely on foreigners to restore order!"
"That is preposterous the only way we will keep the peace is with everybody's help!" states Chairman Canien
A large rambling debate echoes through the court until the king stood to speak, everybody came to an immediate silence.
"These treaties will be passed through to help restore the peace, Midrasia isn't the powerhouse it once was, we can't do this without our allies help, in the meantime I suggest we improve our trade relations, we still have resources to sell from Fort Sovngarde's ruins. I suggest we export the leftover stone. In the meantime, court is dismissed."
The King walked off into the Palace gardens, followed by his advisor to admire the clear day, something quite uncommon in Midrasias north. The King took out his sword and placed it inside a small slot on the gardens sundial. The sun then shone through the small pearl at the end of the swords hilt. "Tough times are ahead Dante, Tough times indeed."
Last edited by Midrasia on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Delsola
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 am

The Republic of Delsola stands as the jewel of Asura. For a thousand years, Delsola has been unified under a strong single government, guided by those most powerful amongst the populace, the aristocrats. Peace remains the status quo in the homeland of Titanism. Unified politically, culturally and religiously, the people have little to fear. Seeing no worth in the rest of Asura, filled with infidelic cretins as it is, the republic has never expanded its borders past the home isles. Delsolan traders, however, exert power in many Asuran markets, trading from Titanusan to the furthest reaches of the Éngiir (as it is known in Delsolan) desert. The republic stands at the forefront of naval technology, and recently was the first Asuran nation to reach the closest island chain in the Opal Ocean, directly West of Delsola, now known as the Wáss-isles. On this historical day, the colonial ship Green Pastures will embark for the peninsula, and create the first Asuran overseas colony. They are set to arrive in three weeks, and number one hundred men and women.
Last edited by Delsola on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 am

James staggered off to his private chambers, leaving the main hall empty. Dominic entered. He took a key from his belt and opened a trapdoor hidden under a rug. he took a ladder to a small corridor which he followed. his private guards had taken care of the chamber guards hours ago, via the alternate entrance to the room. He took out a thin dagger and prised the royal diamond from its place on the Templar Sword. He handed it to a man waiting for him in the exit tunnel. The man took it to the home of Lord Dante, a famous speaker for Titanist rights, and planted it in the lords chambers.several forged documents were als planted. Guards were called by the man after he left. Dante was arrested and killed and his family banished. several prominent Titanists were soon killed as the diamond was never recovered. they were the prime suspects. Who could ever suspect Prince Dominic, though he was known for his hatred of Titanists, could have sold the diamond. the money was spent on wine women and... war. Dominic invaded parts of the Furturrian farmlands very effectively, which pleased his father. what he didnt tell himwas his that his generalls hadplannedthe attack and Dominic never joined the fight.

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

The crew of the Green Pastures has reached the Wáss-isles. It will be another month before the ship returns to port and bring news of the successful landings.

Meanwhile, High Elect Endrit Kruzi debates with Ghenadie Funar over the future of the republic.

"You, sir, are a coward, if you do not accept that it is a fundamental truth that this must be done!"

"Very well, Lord Funar. It seems that we can run from this no longer. But we cannot achieve your aims on our own. Allies are the key to this plot. However, the mainlanders could never support our aims. But we must coerce them somehow. I will order a diplomat be sent to the court of King Von Timos, and we will go from there. I will send Sablić. He should arrive in two weeks. And I shall talk to Archbishop Farkaš, his support will help the effort greatly. No longer shall the Isolatonian scum continue the genocide of Titanists! Those strong men shall be brought under the rule of the Titanled!"

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 pm

The streets, of what would be Engortia in a only a short period of time, were bustling with noise and activity from the bazaars that made the cities so unique. But beware! And keep watch of the desert's sky, for the eagle knows not mercy when his target is set. From the ancient Asuran deserts, through rolling hillsides, and in the deeps of grand cities the assassins perch, and wait. As known by all of Asura, the mysterious people of the desert are masters of deception, trickery and above all assassination. Rumour has it that such traditions of honourable murder have become so practised and followed there is an army of trained killers lurking in the deserts golden sand.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:20 pm

The long, beautiful sights of Stovilium are ones of legend in Asura, your imaginations are sure to be reality behind the deep green of the jungles and your hopes may just be a step away. As you walk from the oddly perfect path you pass through some smiling locals, which comes to a shock to you considering the surroundings. but as soon as the jungle ends out beams a spectacle of the eye. Stone housings appear to jump out from the trees and unveil a somewhat mystical place. It is strange how such a modern city could be hidden from the sight This could easily be missed due to the thick fog of jungle around it. As you walk down the path and over a bridge for a deep you get many smiles from passers by and one shouts "Welcome too Esité" as you walk by.

High above in a strong looking building, with many columns and pillars surrounding it there is a great commotion going on. Inside the large building there is a great, single room with hundreds of chairs and tables, and there appears to be an argument going on.
"We cannot go past our borders!" One man shouts "It is only a waste of time. The Midrasians will attack again!" This causes quite a stir and voices are raised for a minute or so until one voice brings everything to a halt.
"Everybody calm down!" it says authoritatively. As the man gets to what seems to be the main speaking post you see his face. It is not standing out, but you still seem to be drawn to it. "now we all know what is happening inside our nation, but we know little about the outside! We all know what i am talking about, we need to be sending out our ships and we need to begin to talk with every other nation, we cannot afford to be afraid of them, I mean look at ourselves, we are self sufficient and have much to offer. You elected me so i could do my job, now let us continue to move forwards at the same rate as we always have. We already have some form of relations with Midrasia and the many desert tribes, we need to seek the world!" This speech brings in murmurs then agreement within the halls.
"He is right, we will be ready to set sail for new lands within the hour and we believe the nearest land is a three week sail away, due north." One man says.
"We also believe that some nations have been pushing for some timber trades, like our friends the desert tribes. We have plans to do many trades and as our best scientists have told us we should be able to cross the southern desert if we try. What do you think Howard?"
"We should definitely be getting some deals in, but as we established centuries ago we are not to cut down our forests nor are we to sell of Stovilium's animals, but we know that we can establish some deals in the future. We should be having contact as soon as we can inform other nations of our decision to begin our exchanges."
Last edited by Stovilium on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:34 am

Sablić the Delsolan diplomat enters Von Timos' court, after two weeks of travel across the Almiaran sea.
The royal anthem is played as the large oak doors at the front of the court open and a strong bold figure emerges. King Von Timos, King of the Midrasian people and The Third Kingdom.
"The Kings court is now in session." states a royal guard as the king sits on the throne and the trumpets begin to fade.
"So you have arrived, Akaross grant you a safe journey home. So what do you wish to speak of Delsolan? Do you bring a proposition from the southern lands?"

Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 am

Sablić salutes the King.

"Hail, King Von Timos, protector of Midrasia and her people. I come to you with two messages. Firstly, a Delsolan voyage has successfully sent individuals to a chain of islands in the Opal Ocean to the West. There are thought to be twenty islands in the chain, however they are largely unexplored.

Secondly, and more importantly, I come to discuss the matter of the realm to your South. The 'Isolatonians' are pilgrims from Phaedria, and have, for the last few hundred years, begun to carve out a fairly large kingdom in the old Imperial land. All of this you know. However, you may not know that Isolatonia grows as we speak. It declares war on smaller realms on a near constant basis, and will soon threaten Midrasian waters. They are also genocidal. Runners have told me of the torching of villages, mass graves filled with farmers and religious temples being destroyed, including what was the Fynd cathedral of Tíhs. This is why I come to you, noble king. Isolatonia fights not for the unification of a people, nor the reclaiming of a lost land. They are a cast-off invader, seeking only to increase their power. For this reason, I wish to suggest a defensive alliance between Midrasia and Delsola. Should we see fit, we will be able to contain the Isolatonian threat, lest Almiaro province be next on their list."

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

Dominic slammed a knife into a map in front of him.
'The Engortian desert.' he says with a smile. 'miles and miles of sandy wastes. but they could be useful. one city leader has brought many others together. Their weaponry is feared throughout Asura. they alsohave no love of Titanists. Send a party over to discuss alliance.'

Two weeks later, the Isolatonian Templar group reached the Engortian city state to propose alliance.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am

Many weeks after their last meeting the government of Stovilia has gathered once more.
"our plans have exceeded expectations," a rather odd man says to the president and all officials. "We have made contact with many other nations that we did not even expect to exist in the first place. The Isolationian's have a strong religious idea, we assume that is good news, and the Engortians are rather nice, if you talk to the right people of course. The Delsolans are quite friendly, if a little religious and the Midrasians are quite nice too. There are far more but they are the main nations in Asura"
"Yes, I recommend we get talking to them."Mr. Kontos says to the agreement of others,"We should start making allies if we don't want to be attacked, I believe Asura is in a little bit of a state right now and people may start to want what we have to offer."
Last edited by Stovilium on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

(OOC) at this point Isolatonia was ambivilant about the environment and ruled by crazy religion obsessed psychopaths in a corrupt totalitarian dictatorship.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:25 pm

The Templar group would arrive at a large underground building, built into the side of a sandstone cliff in the middle of a desert, they would probably be battered and scarred as they have without a doubt had to have really fought to get to Guildmaster Anserton in his guild house, as they enter the building to find it basically completely void of any people, and dimly lit with only small bonfire like metal stands at regular intervals to light the large hall with an enormous banner on the back wall and draped over many other walls and columns, featuring a violet hand print on each one with dark ash coloured background and for a medium sized man to walk forward from behind a throne like chair in front of the largest banner.

"I knew you were coming here weeks ago, and I know you want my help. So spit it out, you're trying my patients and there's a lot of bandits just aching to sink a dagger into you lot." Says Anserton as he paces across the hall in front of the throne multiple times before stopping and clicking his fingers as many hooded and veiled men and women alike drop from the rafters and brandish exotic looking swords, daggers, spears and even firearms.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:10 pm

The leader of thetemplar group smiles.
'Let me sell it to you. you arethe leader of a City State that is being attacked by many other city states. Isolatonia has the strongest empire in theknown world. You become our allies, we will help to bring every other desert tribe and city into submission. in return, you give us some of your developed weaponry, a team of assassins and the promise that in the event of war, you will side with us. Do we have a deal?'

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:26 pm

After the decision of sending out scouts to talk with other nations was given men have scoured Asura to see if anyone has noticed Stovilia's promise. Two days after the order was given the scouts, some of kontos's most trusted guards and Mr.Whistler, captain of the guard, have arrived at an Engortian camp upon request.

OOC: Not sure if this is at the same time as the Isolationians

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 pm

A veiled man would walk up to the group of scouts and greet them, suddenly a burst of action as many soldier brandishing weapons would burst from various hiding spots and put weapons to the scouts and demand they hand over their weapons, after the weapons have been handed over the men are shown into a tent out of a brewing sandstorm.
"What are you doing so far from home? If you have business with the Engortian guild you will want to see Guidlmaster Anserton, in fact it would be better if we took you there now." says the veiled man as he inspects the mens weapons.
The men are led on further into the desert and eventually reach The Guild house of Guild Engortia. The large stone door, ordained with gold is swung open as the men are led into a dimly lit room.
"More men have come to see you Guildmaster."
"Leave me Desthend, I shall talk to them and when I am done I need to speak with you. Now what is it you want I have a fine deal to strike with these fine men from a nearby kingdom, why should I, Guildmaster of the most advanced and deadly Assassins guild in all of the desert and most likely all of the world need to make a deal with the likes of you?"

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 am

(OOC)
Dominics second in command at the meeting

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/307/7/7/knights_templar_armor_by_azmal-d32301v.jpg

The other templars from the special sect (that would later become dominics bodyguards)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm86/wadebishop/Anime/fantasy/knight.png

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 am

General 'Arhemys opened up his map of Asura, reading through the nations. The scarlet ring around his finger denoted his status as heir to the throne- the next best thing after that fool `Orath II had made his choice, though he had to admit that `Alümía was good at what she did. He ruled out both Delsola and Isolatonia from any and all plans, as a religous war was the last thing that anyone wanted. He had no real power, but he was perhaps the only person that `Alümía trusted- that, or he was another fool in her court. He had heard about an alliance offering from Midrasia, which he was considering. Stovilium didn't scare him, but they were seeking alliances, so attacks would have to be fast, if at all. The desert people were capable, and an alliance could be beneficial. He planned to send a scout the next day. Now, it seemed, Dolorem was the only major concern...

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:46 am

Pretext (50 years ago)
With all the build up over wars Stovilium's government have decided to overhaul their forces, over the last few years Stovilium has followed suit in the race to gather an army, as if to counter the threat of an Isolatonian invasion. Selective forestry felling had been boosted, where areas where wood was easy to grow were felled and replanted, and many areas pollarded. Areas have been selectively mined where as this would produce a good looking environment still. This economical boost plans to bring more advancements to Stovilium and more trade. The government of Stovilium has reached out to see what every nation wants, needs and already has. Scouts have made there way to almost all known places and have requested trade be started among Stovilium, with woods, spices, gems and more to trade.

OOC: Essentially that means that Stovilium actually has an army and is open for trade. Also I forgot to mention this so now Stovilium looks defenseless, so just saying what armed forces Stovilium has (better late than never!)

The next meeting for the leaders has taken place.
"...So to summarize" Kontos starts, "We shall be sending some of our merchants and a scout, miss.nord, to Midrasia to discuss trade and other meetings. We should send a team of scouts to Phaeadrus and discuss matters and generally introduce ourselves, we do not have any idea on what they are like. Our armies are still growing, with more funding heading towards weaponry and horses. Our elephant stock has bred faster than what we thought and so we have a sustainable supply of elephants to be used in our armies. Horses are breeding with even better results too, we should start selling them to nations without horses for great profit."

OOC: A stovi-elephant is basically a massive elephant, imagine something a 33% smaller than an oliphant (from lord of the rings), which grew so big due to the rich oxygen levels.
Last edited by Stovilium on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:02 am

The man, who we now know as Dominics second in command, smiled as he held up the Engortian two shot pistol. he observed the other weapons which included a collapsable crossbow, a device for the simultanious firing of five arrowsand a deadly looking serrated blade. This would help theprince in his religious conquest. he had no time for that nonsense himself, of course. he laughed and shot the gun into an old one shot pistol.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:43 am

"Now about your end of the bargain..."

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:00 pm

...Meanwhile at Skyfall...
"Well Sablic, Midrasia will accept this alliance offer," states the King.
"However, with this deal, Delsola must acknowledge the existence of Alydism and Akaross. Delsola will not interfere with The Holy Orders conquest to spread Alydism across Achronnen and The Old World."
"So Sablic, Is the deal still on the table?"
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm

'We will have our army mobilised as soon as we have the weaponry produced.' Says the man 'Give us three months and we will move. until then, we will station 1000 men in your city to protect against foreign agression from other cities.'

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents