NATION

PASSWORD

A Lost Age [PT/FanT World] (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 pm

II'd love to do something about the double letters, but i'm typing this from my phone, which apparently has some kind of input bug that'll randomly throw in the double letters. You'll notice the difference from when i type with the phone then the computer. Also, problems with punctuation, particles, and other really randomly stupid input stuff.

Cool beans. I'll check it out and see what's up.
National Anthem:
Anna ni Isshou Datta no ni

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Latinus
Envoy

Founded: Apr 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Latinus » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 am

Name of Realm: Aquilonia

Description of Realm (Paragraph): A small Republic located on the southeastern peninsula of the big center island. The south is marshland (extensively drained around the cities) and plains while the north is mountainous.

The southern lands are the heartlands of The Republic of Aquilonia. A city-state with Aquila at its core, Aquilonia is a mostly peaceful, civilized place ruled by two Consuls elected in free assembly of all citizens of voting age and governed by a Senate.The Aquilonian people believed themselves to be blessed by Iuppiter Optimus Maximus and indeed all the gods of Mount Armo. The society is divided into four broad groups, patricians, plebeians, freemen and slaves. The first two are citizens with (mostly) full rights but the last two are forbidden from taking part in civic life.

The north is the home of the Hellenes. The progenitors of the Aquilonian people, the Hellenes stubbornly cling to their old ways and customs. They are divided into two people with vastly different cultures. The Attica east is a place of rolling meadows, and natural deep water ports whilst the Dorian west is a harsh land of icy jagged peaks, swift cold rivers, and rich volcanic ash filled valleys. The people that populate these lands reflect this, the Attic peoples place high emphasis on learning and trade while the Dorians are feared and respected throughout the world for their martial valor and strict discipline.

Demonym: Aquilonian for southern plains born, Hellenes in the north mountain region which is further subdivided between Doric west and Attic east

Race: Human, Typical members are of medium height, somewhat stout stature, aquiline noses, grey eyes and an olive complexion. The northern mountain people are smaller and stouter , giving rise to the notion that they are part dwarf

Languages:Aquilonian, Demotic

Religion: Hellenism, centered around the worship of the twelve gods of Mount Armo

Head of State: Two Counsels currently Appius Claudius Crassius and Titus Genucius Augurinus

Seat of Power: Aquila

Population:

Total population: 1,367,500.

300,000 (90,000 are slaves) in Aquila,

500,000 (100,000 are slaves) Aquilonian scattered hither and yon through the south

The Hellenes are a combined population of 567,500 (285,000 are slaves)

252,000 (170,000 are slaves) are Doric and 315,500 (115,000 are slaves) Attic.

RL Fluency in English: First language, About par for a Texan, so slang might crop up from time to time. I read at a college level, when stressed my writing tends to dip into junior high. If it becomes a problem I have no objection to rewriting something.

Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category): I am brand new to this.

Provinces Claiming: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9506/claimsmap.png

Why you wish to join: I used to roleplay in a tabletop group who didn't believe in the typical D&D ruleset. Ours was a more narrative style, so while very fun, made it hard to transition to a new group when we went our separate ways after high school. I have always loved classical history so a MT nation was out of the question.

EDIT: Map of claim

EDIT: Okay wow. Umm I'm going to try to piece together the list of stuff that you guys need. So if I am lacking, do not hesitate to use the Hand of Strict Guidance.
Last edited by Latinus on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:01 am

Hmmm, if I'm going to want to participate to a larger degree, I suppose I'll have to put Shie at a high point in its current dynastic period. That way, I can have trading fleets roam the oceans as an excuse to RP on basically the other side of the world. By extension, the central government may be more inclined to muster a large army to go abroad to protect its trade interests if the government feels too threatened by something, such as the growing undead powers.
National Anthem:
Anna ni Isshou Datta no ni

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:39 am

Given Achesia is going to be busy for abit and that stalls the RP he and I were doing, if anyone wants to do something with Avalon let me know.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 am

@Latinus: I see no problem with your application. You are in, and it is interesting to see another person using the roman legion as an army structure. (though mine is a tad different)

@Italian: I'm game depending on what kind of interaction/ thread you want to do.
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:36 am

Dbrought wrote:@Latinus: I see no problem with your application. You are in, and it is interesting to see another person using the roman legion as an army structure. (though mine is a tad different)

@Italian: I'm game depending on what kind of interaction/ thread you want to do.

Nothing specific in mind atm, just if someone is looking for a RP partner, I'm here.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Im thinking of rebooting my nation so stand by for later reapplication.

-edit: It will be in the same place.

-edit(2): Hey guys I know we banned airships so this might be a really stupid question but how would people feel about a flying city? I will admit I recently finished Bioshock infinite and I was really inspired to have a city that could fly. The trade applications would be enormous and I could have people of all nationalities arrive above the clouds. Than have a sort of rp of the seemingly pristine city having a darker core.
Last edited by The knights of kings on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Azadliq
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azadliq » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Latinus wrote:Name of Realm: Aquilonia
Description of Realm (Paragraph): A small Republic located on the southeastern peninsula of the big center island. The south is marshland (extensively drained around the cities) and plains while the north is mountainous
Demonym: Aquilonian for southern plains born, Hellenes in the north mountain region which is further subdivided between Doric west and Attic east
Race: Human, Typical members are of medium height, somewhat stout stature, aquiline noses, grey eyes and an olive complexion. The northern mountain people are smaller and stouter , giving rise to the notion that they are part dwarf
Religion: Hellenism, centered around the worship of the twelve gods of Mount Armo
Head of State: Two Counsels currently Appius Claudius Crassius and Titus Genucius Augurinus
Population: 300,000 (90,000 are slaves) in Aquila, a further 500,000 (100,000 are slaves) Aquilonian scattered hither and yon through the south and the Hellenes are a combined population of 567,500 (285,000 are slaves) divided by 252,000 (170,000 are slaves) Doric and 315,500 (115,000 are slaves) Attic.
RL Fluency in English: First language, About par for a Texan, so slang might crop up from time to time. I read at a college level, when stressed my writing tends to dip into junior high. If it becomes a problem I have no objection to rewriting something.
Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category): I am brand new to this.
Why you wish to join: I used to roleplay in a tabletop group who didn't believe in the typical D&D ruleset. Ours was a more narrative style, so while very fun, made it hard to transition to a new group when we went our separate ways after high school. I have always loved classical history so a MT nation was out of the question.

EDIT: Okay wow. Umm I'm going to try to piece together the list of stuff that you guys need. So if I am lacking, do not hesitate to use the Hand of Strict Guidance.

ooooo.... a brand new nation, nearby and ripe for the slaughter ;)

hahaha jk :) on a more serious note, you may want to add a grand total of your population, just for an easier read. That's just my thought though, and I can't vote on it, so take it for what it's worth.

Latinus
Envoy

Founded: Apr 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Latinus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:20 pm

The knights of kings wrote:Im thinking of rebooting my nation so stand by for later reapplication.

-edit: It will be in the same place.

-edit(2): Hey guys I know we banned airships so this might be a really stupid question but how would people feel about a flying city? I will admit I recently finished Bioshock infinite and I was really inspired to have a city that could fly. The trade applications would be enormous and I could have people of all nationalities arrive above the clouds. Than have a sort of rp of the seemingly pristine city having a darker core.

How big and what can it do? One that can actually fly around and darken the skies above my thoroughly Classical Era nation would cause a bit of a problem.

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Well considering how big I would say a medium sized port city as it would be mostly a trading hub providing very exotic goods to other lands. Yet I would have it set around a base of clouds and high in the sky so that it wouldn't obstruct or cast a massive shadow. I wouldn't have it bombard the ground below as it would be a city of free enterprise yet hides a secret much darker than the relatively sterile culture. Where people of all nations can come and settle with the thought of wealth and prosperity. Here il provide a sample of what an rp would look like:

The sun cast its beautiful golden rays against the white clouds which blanketed the peaceful blue sky, bathing everything in a shimmer of gold and a white so pure it brought the city to life. The early morning brought with it a cool breeze which shook the morning dew off the grass which was so perfectly trimmed releasing a soft smell of spring and life along with it. The sun also brought with it the stirring of the many citizens of Amicus whose minds were driven on obtaining the same amount of gold as the sun cast down on them. Market stalls opened and merchants made their way down the cobble stone roads with their wagons to the bazaar which housed many different ethnic goods from across the globe. The chatter had already begun to pick up as people delved into bargaining and yesterday’s gossip. All while aloft in a city which was thousands of feet in the air floating atop a sea of white clouds, none of them where stirred by this fact, it was the same scene every time they awoke. Though it was a large city, Amicus was rather a mass of free floating structures fly together in a pack, one building may fly higher than the rest below but it always stayed alongside the others. Though this made travel a hassle many made use of the bridges that anchored the buildings together, others made use of any flying creature that was large enough to carry cargo to fly about. Amicus was a city of diversity and wealth with peoples of all nationalities coming to the city to learn and trade, though getting to the city was troublesome many still made the journey. The buildings vibrant colors matching the elegance of the white clouds and sun above entrance many new comers to a place much like paradise.

The city was flying very high in the sky that it was difficult to see from the ground with the naked eye; the white clouds which surrounded the base of the buildings only making it appear as a mass of clouds passing by. At the moment the city flew above Numer and a man by the name of Akosh stood on the ground peering into the sun trying to catch a glimpse of the city so high. He was in the waiting area designated by city officals as the loading area for those who wanted to make the journey into the sky, his personal belongings tucked away in his satchel excitement slowly building inside of him. Before too long a speck appeared in the sky, at first it seemed like a falling stone, though as it soared through the sky it become apparent that it was something much much larger. A large hawk like creature came to the ground landing with a large rush of air as its massive wings generated the lift needed for flight. It was larger than anything Akosh had ever seen and had a barge like platform on its back for carrying cargo. A man dressed in fine silk walked down the loading ramped and beckoned for those waiting to come aboard, Akosh eagerly picked up his back and haphazardly made his way up the ramp. With everyone aboard the hawk let its wings catch the wind and shot into the sky with tremendous speed and strength. Akosh peered over the railing watching the city below him disappear and the fierce winds bit into his eyes causing tears. His clothing ruffled violently in the wind as the hawk soared higher and higher, Akosh clinging to the railing both out of fear and excitement as they approached a mass of clouds with enormous speed.

In what seemed like a second everything went white, it was as if he had died and was surrounded by the ghosts of his past. His eyes still watering from the speed couldn't keep up with the serene white surroundings. Than in another instant he was engulfed in a sea of sunlight his eyes burned as it a washed everything in gold. As they adjusted before him lay a city lying nestled in the clouds, the absolute beauty of it all entranced Akosh who likened it to a paradise in the afterlife. He reached out as if he could grab it with his bare hands. As the Hawk landed on a large platform and unloaded Akosh felt his legs give way, they felt like water. It was harder to breathe but the air was so crisp and clean. Even though the winds no longer bit his eyes they wept, he had reached heaven with his mortal body. The city floating high above the sins of the world below and far from the politics of warring nations, it was an Eden. A new world.

Honorisia
Minister

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm

The knights of kings wrote:Well considering how big I would say a medium sized port city as it would be mostly a trading hub providing very exotic goods to other lands. Yet I would have it set around a base of clouds and high in the sky so that it wouldn't obstruct or cast a massive shadow. I wouldn't have it bombard the ground below as it would be a city of free enterprise yet hides a secret much darker than the relatively sterile culture. Where people of all nations can come and settle with the thought of wealth and prosperity. Here il provide a sample of what an rp would look like:

The sun cast its beautiful golden rays against the white clouds which blanketed the peaceful blue sky, bathing everything in a shimmer of gold and a white so pure it brought the city to life. The early morning brought with it a cool breeze which shook the morning dew off the grass which was so perfectly trimmed releasing a soft smell of spring and life along with it. The sun also brought with it the stirring of the many citizens of Amicus whose minds were driven on obtaining the same amount of gold as the sun cast down on them. Market stalls opened and merchants made their way down the cobble stone roads with their wagons to the bazaar which housed many different ethnic goods from across the globe. The chatter had already begun to pick up as people delved into bargaining and yesterday’s gossip. All while aloft in a city which was thousands of feet in the air floating atop a sea of white clouds, none of them where stirred by this fact, it was the same scene every time they awoke. Though it was a large city, Amicus was rather a mass of free floating structures fly together in a pack, one building may fly higher than the rest below but it always stayed alongside the others. Though this made travel a hassle many made use of the bridges that anchored the buildings together, others made use of any flying creature that was large enough to carry cargo to fly about. Amicus was a city of diversity and wealth with peoples of all nationalities coming to the city to learn and trade, though getting to the city was troublesome many still made the journey. The buildings vibrant colors matching the elegance of the white clouds and sun above entrance many new comers to a place much like paradise.

The city was flying very high in the sky that it was difficult to see from the ground with the naked eye; the white clouds which surrounded the base of the buildings only making it appear as a mass of clouds passing by. At the moment the city flew above Numer and a man by the name of Akosh stood on the ground peering into the sun trying to catch a glimpse of the city so high. He was in the waiting area designated by city officals as the loading area for those who wanted to make the journey into the sky, his personal belongings tucked away in his satchel excitement slowly building inside of him. Before too long a speck appeared in the sky, at first it seemed like a falling stone, though as it soared through the sky it become apparent that it was something much much larger. A large hawk like creature came to the ground landing with a large rush of air as its massive wings generated the lift needed for flight. It was larger than anything Akosh had ever seen and had a barge like platform on its back for carrying cargo. A man dressed in fine silk walked down the loading ramped and beckoned for those waiting to come aboard, Akosh eagerly picked up his back and haphazardly made his way up the ramp. With everyone aboard the hawk let its wings catch the wind and shot into the sky with tremendous speed and strength. Akosh peered over the railing watching the city below him disappear and the fierce winds bit into his eyes causing tears. His clothing ruffled violently in the wind as the hawk soared higher and higher, Akosh clinging to the railing both out of fear and excitement as they approached a mass of clouds with enormous speed.

In what seemed like a second everything went white, it was as if he had died and was surrounded by the ghosts of his past. His eyes still watering from the speed couldn't keep up with the serene white surroundings. Than in another instant he was engulfed in a sea of sunlight his eyes burned as it a washed everything in gold. As they adjusted before him lay a city lying nestled in the clouds, the absolute beauty of it all entranced Akosh who likened it to a paradise in the afterlife. He reached out as if he could grab it with his bare hands. As the Hawk landed on a large platform and unloaded Akosh felt his legs give way, they felt like water. It was harder to breathe but the air was so crisp and clean. Even though the winds no longer bit his eyes they wept, he had reached heaven with his mortal body. The city floating high above the sins of the world below and far from the politics of warring nations, it was an Eden. A new world.

It's an interesting idea. I'd cast my vote as a yes to the floating city. You solved my problem for how people would get up to the city.
Factbook for my PT nation, Naradia
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
Makes me proud to be Canadian
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Ballycolumbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ballycolumbia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Is the map at the start current?
Also, are you allowed to make a race/language not on the list? I'd like to make an isolated race?

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Ballycolumbia wrote:Is the map at the start current?
Also, are you allowed to make a race/language not on the list? I'd like to make an isolated race?

I think the claims map needs an update, but you can make whatever race/language you want.
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Latinus wrote:Name of Realm: Aquilonia

Description of Realm (Paragraph): A small Republic located on the southeastern peninsula of the big center island. The south is marshland (extensively drained around the cities) and plains while the north is mountainous

Population:

Total population: 1,367,500.

300,000 (90,000 are slaves) in Aquila,

500,000 (100,000 are slaves) Aquilonian scattered hither and yon through the south

The Hellenes are a combined population of 567,500 (285,000 are slaves)

252,000 (170,000 are slaves) are Doric and 315,500 (115,000 are slaves) Attic.

If I'm not mistaken, you are just south of Azad. That could lead to support from my nation, even if we aren't near each other. My nation has a BIG problem with things that should be dead but aren't.

Sorry for double post.

EDIT: Realized I don't have a set population. 25 million fine with everyone?
Last edited by Honorisia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Acheron Systems Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Acheron Systems Union » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Tagging to write an app.
My name is just "Acheron Systems Union".

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Name of Realm: Burzadum

Description of Realm (Paragraph):
Burzadum, known elsewhere as Deephall, is an ancient Dwarf hall founded in the dawn of time by the legendary Bjorn Abulukabzgal (Boatslayer,) who, it is said, slew the many elephants which terrorized the newly born Dwarvish race. The Dwarves of Burzadum are generally regarded as being rather different from other Dwarves, they speak their own language, the details of which they have kept secret from outsiders for millenia, and have typically avoided wars which did not involve them directly, preferring instead to sell weapons to anybody who could afford them. This is not to say that Burzadum has not had its share of conflict, for offending a Dwarf is never a good idea, and the Hall of Records deep beneath the mountains is said to house every slight, broken promise and betrayal against the Deephalls. The Dwarves of Burzadum consider the written word to be a sacred thing, a gift of the creator, and to erase or destroy a word is a sin akin to murder to those not accustomed to life among the surface people.

Demonym:
Generally simply referred to as 'Dwarves,' as Dwarvish conjugations are unknown to other races. If one wishes to be specific, typically this is amended to "Dwarf of Burzdum."

Race: Dwarves, minority of Elves

Languages: Khuzdul ('High Dwarvish,') Dwarf ('Common Dwarvish,') Elvish, variety of human languages.

Religion: Dwarves generally claim to be non-religious, being far too busy with mining and so forth to bother with priests and things. Dwarf 'religion' in daily life mostly exists to give people deities names to take in vain.

Head of State: Low King Barri Ringfounder

Seat of Power: Kibilzirak (Silverpeak)

Population: 15,000,000 (Approx. 95% dwarves, isolated Elvish settlements in mountain passes, very few merchants and tradesmen who have settled on the coast.)

RL Fluency in English: Native.

Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category):
Founded Earth Empires and Arcanum.

Provinces Claiming:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2852/claimo.png

Claim in dark grey.

Why you wish to join:
Dig holes, make crazy mechanical contraptions, drink lots of mushroom beer. Huzzah!
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Ballycolumbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ballycolumbia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Name of Realm: Karuga
Description of Realm (Paragraph): A Land of Ice and Mountains. The region is named after the largest mountain in the area, which most of the regional religion revolves around. Due to the terrain, it is an isolated realm, largely unaware of external affairs until recently. It still currently prefers to isolate itself and even the different areas are isolated, causing it to be a divided realm.

Most of the cities are tribal based, with each tribe/family managing a city with two exceptions; Garigslarr and Karuga City. Many outsiders think Karuga City to be the capital but in reality it is only the religious capital and a place of pilgrimage due to how close it is to the holy mountain. It is also the only place to see the Winged Guardians, winged creatures of stone and steel that serve the God of the Mountain and the only beings to directly speak to him.

Garigslarr is a monumental achievement to behold. It is both a city and a hill fort, filling citizens with both defense and comfort. Miles above the mountainside below, the real politics of Karuga are debated. It is the seat of High King Jakirr, who in desperate times may unite the tribes against a common enemy. In a realm of division, Garigslarr is a symbol of unity. With world politics being recently revealed to the Karugas, Jakirr knows the importance of Garigslarr and ofthe unification of the tribes.

The religion revolves around the god of the mountain, a member of an ancient race called the Gods of the Mountains and is said to be the last one. Though all Karugans worship it, there are many divisions among tribes on various issues surrounding its worship and stories surrounding it. One such issue is the origins of the Soznak, the natural enemies of the Goznak. Though appearing similar to Goznaks, the Soznaks are more violent and paler coloured. Some stories tell of the Soznak being early "prototypes" of the Goznak before the God of the mountain was horrified by their brutality , while others say that the Ice Demons corrupted Goznaks with their powers to further spread chaos.

The Ice Demons mentioned before are said to be early attempts to create loyal servants to the god of the mountains. They are polar (pun slightly intended) opposites to their later-created counterparts, the Winged Guardians, and are motivated only by chaos. They are powerful magic users and are a great threat to the Karugan realm. Stories tell of Ice Demons being used in armies, although being highly untrustworthy as it gives them a chance to cause chaos beyond the boundaries of Karuga.

Demonym: Karugan/Goznak
Race: Groznak-Yeti-like creatures with a tribal,viking-like culture/ Minorities (more detail in description): Soznak, Ice Demons and Winged Guardians.
Languages: Tongue of the Mountains-said to be taught by the Gods of the mountains in the days of old.
Religion: God of the Mountain- worship the god of mount Karuga
Head of State: High King Jakirr
Seat of Power: Citadel of Garigslarr
Population: 7 million
RL Fluency in English: First language
Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category): None here really, but I've RP'ed in other games.
Provinces Claiming: the peninsula to the west of Magira in the north-west, will do more detail tomorrow (late here and how much provinces can I have?)
Why you wish to join: For the fun of course and I love fantasy worlds, the variety of worlds in this one already especially :)

Also, I'm open for any comments, good or bad on my application/lore :)
Last edited by Ballycolumbia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:40 pm

@KOK, not 100% sure how I am feeling about a flying city yet (though strangely i'm perfectly fine with a small moving Island as part of a quest or something) Don't get me wrong though. Love the image and idea of it. Just not sure how to implement it in conjunction with the map. Perhaps a secondary part of the map could offer a small box where moving locations are shown, and a line where the location was last. Also I think the biggest issue with it all was airships, not an entire island. Perhaps if it flies by magic like tethers that can act like a gravity lift or bridge it could work out. Cause it would perhaps be unfair to have a place that nobody could invade and be difficult to infiltrate. Maybe the tethers fix themselves to certain spots for a while as the island moves and then the oldest ones dissolve as new ones form (so the city kinda walks across the sky). I don't know, still thinking about it, but I do think the idea is very interesting. Only thing I have left to ask would be how does your island feel about having Preservers (working name for objects that keep at bay the side effects my people experience from being away from the Marker fields)

Also what would become of the Northlands? We could just make your old nation an NPC.

@Latinus I would also advise you to take Azad's suggestion, but you are just starting out, so no worries.

@Ballycolumbia the map is currently and update behind. Archesia, the admin who I am subbing in for is the mapmaker. I'm not so great at it, so I will be holding off on the updates for the moment. Also welcome

@Honorisia lower it by 5-3 million and you should be fine

@Acheron Systems Union welcome. looking forward to your app

Also welcome OMG!
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Ballycolumbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ballycolumbia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Hope you can see it, but I want my realm to be roughly either the size and loaction of the black or red circle depending on how much territory I'm allowed.
http://postimg.org/image/7hoxd9pu3/
I'll probably go into more detail about cites, landmark and fort locations later :)

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Okay then, my population is 21 million.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:55 pm

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:snip

Howdy neighbour!

Lost Age
Attaché

Founded: Sep 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm

UPDATE!

Hey everyone! (Dbrought here) Turns out editing the map is easier than I thought so here is the new map with claims updated with all I'm aware of. link

I will also be updating the Op posts with the new people. If anyone has any questions or comments please tg my Dbrought account so i can get back to you all more quickly.

also KOK if you do reinvent your nation would Prometheus become an NPC?

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Honorisia wrote:
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:snip

Howdy neighbour!

Indeed. Now stop looking at our gold or we'll cut your knees off.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey Dbrought, who is currently claiming those lands north of Avalon?
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Ballycolumbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ballycolumbia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Guessing Under Claim means there's ongoing war over it?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents