NATION

PASSWORD

Task Force 27 court trial [CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Stovilium
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Task Force 27 court trial [CLOSED]

Postby Stovilium » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:14 am

The time for one of the most talked about court cases in political history is to be set today, with most of Asura's most powerful men and women said to be there now that the second Skyfall convention has concluded itself. After being arrested in Hadra the highly skilled Task force 27 will be tried for their accused crimes of international terrorism, bestowed upon them due to the treaty of Skyfall As notable political and military figures arrive as a precaution there are hundreds of military forces around the court house to ensure the safety of all those inside. No weapons or armour are authorized within the court house, including the military which are handling high powered tasers, to further protect the individuals inside. As judge Lord Justice Dantius , jury and the prosecution and defense councils take their seat all eyes are waiting for the case to begin. It is known that now that the trial is in motion no more witnesses or evidence can be emitted.
Last edited by Stovilium on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Let Court Commence!

Postby Midrasia » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:46 am

"Please stand for the entrance of Lord Justice Dantius" Booms the intercom as the judge enters the room.
"Please be seated. Today we have the notorious case of Task Force 27 Vs The Steel Allegiance. We will now hear the opening statements from both sides." states the Judge. "Starting with the Prosecution and moving swiftly on to the defendant. Prosecutor, may we begin?"

Last edited by Midrasia on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Dolorem
Attaché

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolorem » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:16 am

The Overlord sits back in his chair, seeming somewhat amused of the tardiness of the prosecution.
Beadu-Sige - For when the sweet taste of battle, isn't enough!
Pro: Iron fist dictatorships, with myself as the dictator, Mead, Ale and Yards of Ale, Heimdallr, Pillaging, totalitarianism.

You're possibly asking too much- already, know to much!

Isolatonia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:29 am

A phone rings. Manson stands up. 'I am incredibly sorry.' he says. 'I must travel immediately to Fuurturr. It cannot wait. I will leave the extremely reliable Mr Garcia in charge of Isolatonian affairs here.' with a quick bow to the judge, he walks swiftly out.

Delsola
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:31 am

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the basis of this case is simple; the organisation known as Task Force 27 was deemed, by international law, to be a terrorist organisation and was forced to shut down. It has been re-instituted by the Stovilian government, but are still, under international law, a terrorist organisation. For this reason, the governments of the Federal Union call for Stovilium to once again retire the group. The demand for execution has been dropped. However, this does not change the fact that the organisation may not exist. The de facto successor of the Engortian government, a co-operator in the TF27 operation, has already recognised the illegal status of the group, and simply wishes to see the men returned to their families. The prosecution now only wishes for Stovilium to share this view and shut down the unit."

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm

My Lord, and ladies and gentlemen of the jury, what we have here is an indictment of wrongly placed, and indeed far too severely placed punishment on the Stovilium/Engortian joint task force twenty seven. This indictment sets forth: that due to the activities task force 27 completed and assisted in during the events of the Jopolian crusades they were ordered by the treaty of Skyfall to be decommissioned, but due to the structure of the treaty a loophole was discovered, in where task force twenty seven was able to be reinstated. We will be firstly looking into the task force, using evidence such as witnesses, speaking to members of the task force and we shall be reading over mission logs. Secondly we aim to be going over the section the treaty of Skyfall and deducing the found loophole, where we will explain the evidence given. Next we will show that the task force is not a terrorist organisation and is indeed very nearly the opposite of that, using evidence and statements. We will prove that without a doubt that the opportunity for leaving the task force is a constant and the members of said task force are not in the task force because of force but because of free will. We will then be going on to review the treaty itself, where we will prove that it was biased slightly towards Stovilium and indeed majorly towards the task force.
Any film can be improved with the addition of Morgan Freeman, even those with one already.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:30 am

The doors are slammed open and three people enter the room; Two Death Watch troopers and Head Paladin Lyons, who has been cuffed and looks as if they have been beaten as she has a bloody nose, multiple bruises and is walking with a limp as she is ushered into the room by two soldiers holding rifle grip mid-range powerful tasers.

First Death Watch trooper: "We were commissioned to bring Head Paladin Lyons here for the trial, as she was part of the organisation that inherited TF27, although Death Watch Commander Cross cannot make it as he's leading the rest of Death Watch across former Engortia and reclaiming its land."
Head Paladin Lyons would look as if she was about to say something when one of the Soldiers would rifle but her in the ribs and then grab her and put her in a clear, bullet-proof glass room where she could see the trial and give information, as both the troopers take positions outside of the door leading into the room.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:39 am

Garcia stands up. 'Well, if we are bringing the prisoners in...' he waved his hand and the doors open. Ten heavily armed guards drag in a chained man. He is thrown into another cell. one guard walks over to him and stabs a needle into his leg. the man goes limp. He is tied to a large metal chair. The leader of the guards says, 'An extremely weak form of Royhpnol has been injected into him. It will allow him to speak, but his movements will be minimal.' five guards stand within the cell, weapons pointed at the man. the other five step outside and lock the cell. one guard stands on each of the four sides of the cell. the leader takes a contraption from a bag he has brought in with him. he fixes it securely to a hole on the top of the cell and links it to a large canister labelled 'sleeping gas'. the five guards inside the cell put on gas masks.
'Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the Chief Ni Knight, former ruler of Isolatonia.' says Garcia

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:09 am

The Death Watch troopers would patrol about every now and again, passing by several diplomats and national leaders until one of them brushes past the leader of Dolorem (Whatever his name is) and quickly flicks a knife from out of his armour and stabs him multiple times, most definitely killing him before being dragged away and multiple guards are killed by the other trooper as they try to escape and Head Paladin Lyons stands up and brandishes a gun she had been hiding in her armour, blowing the lock off her containment unit and escaping the building leaving a trail of dead guards as they tried to apprehend her with non-lethal, close range weapons and she bested them using lethal, mid range weapons, which made short work of the guards.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 am

The Isolatonian guards form a defensive perimeter around the cell while their leader dives forewards, knocking Garcia to the floor to protect him.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 am

(once again couldnt post this due to some odd factors so say that this was before jonno killed the overlord)

*jonno you couldnt get a knife or gun through, as i said security checks would have prohibited that. Also paladin would not make it to evidence because she was not allowed into the court room due to she was not submitted on the pre list.
Last edited by Stovilium on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dolorem
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolorem » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 am

Jonathan, you do realise that the Overlord would be extremely well protected, as well as wearing armour designed for him to go out to war in. The Overlord, as mentioned before fights in Wars with the troops, and as such is the best trained thing within any branch of Dolorem.

I don't like posts that commit the full act, not understanding other aspects of it.

So, let's continue as it would happen,

The Overlord now regaining consciousness, as his Armour took most of the blows immediately breaks out of the guards grips, pulls out his specially designed gun, to which one year half of Dolorem's military spending went to create, and shoots several Deathwatch guards, before shooting Lyons in the leg, disarming him, and ripping his head off.

The Overlord then shoots another deathwatch guard, and commands his zealots to take care of the rest.

"Nothing to worry about, I'll ensure the proper punishment is... administered..."

He retakes his seat and watches for the trial to continue.
Pro: Iron fist dictatorships, with myself as the dictator, Mead, Ale and Yards of Ale, Heimdallr, Pillaging, totalitarianism.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:06 am

OOC: please read the first statement, you cannot turn up in battle armour or bring any weapon in. Any personal guards are not permitted any special treatment, they are just bouncers so to speak. now back to the trial.

*Jack i think now is your turn to do some layering, then me and vise versa until we are both done.

Dolorem
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolorem » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 am

Fair point.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:59 am

"If we would continue,"Defense council says "Would the prosecution case to present their first segment of their case?"

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:56 pm

You guys have to understand that I have used trained assassins, these guys didn't just carry a knife with them it was litteraly a mechanical device within their armour and also Alex at no point did you say that you had any kind of guard with you so indeed the overlord would be dead and Ryan, the metal detector would have had false readings as they were wearing metal armour, so the knife was well concealed, also Head Paladin Lyons would have it also, and Lyons is not evidence she is a leader or former leader.

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:02 pm

OOC: This is a super important event, with tensions high security was of the utmost importance. I doubt they would get through that high security when the highest political figures were there. Who said a metal detector was used anyway? If I did use a metal detector and it bleeped you would be forced to to remove all metal clothing and have it checked for anything dangerous (like Manchester airport but more annoying). Also armour was not permitted in the first place *please read first post
Last edited by Stovilium on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Well then, my crafty assassins would've done something else and The overlord wouldn't have his armour.

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:09 pm

But now Alex will just God mod me again and I won't be able to do any kind of RP ever again. Just like he has done with the ENTIRE campaign within my nation.

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:24 am

So does Jonno want to make any comments, or...?

Stovilium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Stovilium » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 am

OOC: Not sure, in the meantime we may as well continue as planned. if he wants to try and kill someone or just sit there he can still do so during.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am

"Prosecutor, may you present your evidence to the court. I presume that you will wish to call a witness to the stand." states Dantius.

OOC: None of this assassin stuff happened. The overlord is unharmed and the engortian delegates have entered and taken their seats. This is a serious diplomatic trial and I wish none of this will happen in the future.
Last edited by Midrasia on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Engortia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Engortia » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:03 pm

OOC: Did the Head Paladin Lyons being dragged in 'n' shiz happen?

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 am

(OOC: I haven't sent anyone, but I have vid-link if you need a character witness.)

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am

"You see, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this case revolves around the aforementioned loophole. However, the loophole appears in the version of the treaty used for overview. This version merely summarised the decisions made at the convention. The actual treaty is over fifty pages long, and goes into great detail as to the territorial changes between the former nation of Jopolis, and Phaedrus Imperator & Dolorem. The long version of the treaty reads as follows:

'The joint Stovilium-Engortia military organisation, known internationally as Task Force 27, is recognised to have performed actions that have been deemed by this treaty to be war crimes against the liberators of Phaedrus Imperator and Dolorem. They are recognised to have participated in the mass execution of prisoners of war, and the inhibition of the people of Jopolis' birthright to seek reunion with their families across the pre-standing borders of Phaedrus Imperator and Dolorem, through the use of propaganda and martial law in occupied towns and cities.
As a result of these actions, the persons working within Task Force 27 shall be deemed war criminals, and the organisation itself will be branded terrorists. The organisation, in all forms, is to be shut down, including all sub-divisions (inc. TF27MM, TF27NC, TF27AF). The organisation will be added to the register of Federal Union Official Terrorist or Splinter Group Organisations. Should any individual be found to associate themselves with the group after it is shut down, these individuals will also be branded terrorists. If the organisation is seen within a nations sovereign soil, or within Federal Union International Waters, it is the utmost duty of these nations to bring these individuals under police or military arrest. Should the nations of Engortia or Stovilium attempt to re-establish the organisation after it is closed, or refuse closure outright, they will be branded official threats to the lives of the citizens of the Federal Union, and any nation within the Federal Union may attempt to force closure.
Individuals branded terrorists by this clause shall be handed over to the nation of Phaedrus Imperator, and tried as they see fit. The individuals involved in Task Force 27, should they be deemed worthy of release, are disallowed from joining the armed services of any nation.'

Now, I don't know how much more clear that can really be. These men fought as part of Task Force 27 during the Jopolian Crusades, and must therefore be terrorists. The governments of the Steel Allegiance have allowed them to walk free, should Task Force 27 be disbanded, which in my opinion is entirely fair. But, in any case, I call my first witness, Captain Justin Batterson, Engortian captain of the 3rd Portveil brigade."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents