NATION

PASSWORD

The Green Initiative For Tomorrow (Open, MT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Green Initiative For Tomorrow (Open, MT)

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:45 am

Funds: NSD$1,1,012,000,000 | Member Nations/Corporations: 3/1 | Countries Assisted by GIFT: 0

Introduction

In a world where mass corporations attempt to monopolize the world for the greater good of market profits and the slave labor of their employees, most notably in the form of sweatshops, the outlook of the world's natural resources and it's ability to sustain the human race for future generations seems grim. Most notably grim, however, is the state of the energy consumption of the world. With many of the thousands of nations in the world not being a member of the World Assembly, many of the laws and bills that have been passed in said legislature may not have been put into effect in their countries.

The state of the world's energy is less than ideal. The fact of the matter is this: we don't need to burn fossil fuels or other energy producing items that harm the world's atmosphere. Hydrogen, biomass, and even nuclear power are extremely dangerous to the world (especially due to the repealment of GAR#204 by GAR#212) and only exist to perpetuate the need for corporate profit in the long-term. The world can be powered by clean energy means entirely, whether they be solar power, wind turbines, or tidal sources.

If solar energy were to be properly instituted in government energy facilities, the possibility of powering the world - through solar energy alone - is endless. One hour of solar energy at high noon contains more than enough energy to power billions of people with nothing more than the light from the sun. The same can be said for wind energy derived from wind turbines; many advocates against the utilization cite the fact that wind turbines are considered to be weak, and due to be location-driven, impractical. This speculation, simply, is not true.

A recent study done by the Aquitaynian Center for Renewable Energy (ACRE) found that if properly utilized, placing wind turbines in only four of Aquitayne's 35 provinces could power the entire country, utilizing data found on wind pattern maps.

Not only this, but there are multiple other forms of green energy that are capable of being utilized to their fullest extent, and yet many nations choose not to use them, but rather privatize energy companies and allow them to monopolize the Earth's natural resources for their own company's profits, leaving future generations the problem that we have created for them. The Green Initiative For Tomorrow aims to bring in any and all countries and corporations willing to "Go Green", in an effort to save our planet's natural resources and its natural beauty.

GIFT's Goal

GIFT aims to allow nations who don't wish to be a member nation of the World Assembly a safe route out of that option for following green energy guidelines. We understand that many nation's dislike the World Assembly, and often simply do the opposite of new resolutions to spite them; our goal isn't to spite the World Assembly, but to allow non-member nations the ability to control their natural resources and granting them the knowledge to utilize those resources for the benefit of their people.

Our Pledge, the guidelines that any member nation or corporation willing to apply themselves to the GIFT corporation will follow, aims to allow developing countries that might not have the resources and technology to develop safe energy habits to do so. GIFT aims to assist any country in need of help in turning their energy production system into that of a clean, efficient, well managed system. GIFT leads this forefront with already having done so in multiple nations within the Union of Epic Nations.

GIFT is a non-profit international alliance that's main goal is simply to see the world run it's power supply through means of clean energy, rather than that of coal, nuclear power, hydrogen and biomass. Mother nature intended for us to utilize the Earth's resources to better ourselves, so why are we destroying her creations and only limiting our ability to advance?

The GIFT Pledge

The Green Initiative For Tomorrow Pledge

Article I: Membership

i. As a member of the Green Initiative For Tomorrow, you allow GIFT representatives to establish headquarters in your nation
ii. As a member of the Green Initiative For Tomorrow, you realize you are setting the example for other nations to take proper steps towards green energy production, and should be a role model for said actions
iii. You promise to work cooperatively with the other member nations in GIFT

Article II: Energy Production

i. You pledge to review your nation/corporation's energy production statistics
ii. You pledge to begin research and development of new clean energy production methods
iii. You pledge that at least 10% of all energy sources within your nation or corporation will be clean energy sources within 5 years of your admittance to GIFT
iv. You pledge to assist in any GIFT development programs aimed to better develop clean energy sources
v. You pledge to train and provide the proper manpower needed to operate these energy sources with livable pay

Article III: Preparing for a Greener Tomorrow

i. As a member of GIFT, you pledge to institute green energy college courses and educational classes within your nation's curriculum to educate students on green energy production
ii. You pledge to allow the proper equipment and utensils necessary for the training of engineers and technicians for work on green energy platforms
iii. You pledge to (as stated in Article II: v) grant any workers working for a nationalized or privatized energy company a livable pay wage, in which they can sustain a suitable place to live with proper accommodations and living necessities
iv. You pledge to keep green energy technology up to date and working properly in all aspects

Sign me up!

Oh, you want to join GIFT? Fantastic! All you need to do is fill out the application below.

Code: Select all
[align=center][b]Application for Membership into the Green Initiative For Tomorrow Foundation (GIFT)[/b][/align]
[b]Are you a Nation or Corporation?[/b]
[b]Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name:[/b]
[b]Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel):[/b]
[b]Average GDP or Annual Profits?:[/b]
[b]Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?:[/b]
[b]Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?:[/b]
[b]If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?:[/b]
[b]How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?:[/b]
[b]What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?:[/b]
[b]Are you a member of any other Green Energy foundations?:[/b]
[b]Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?:[/b]
[b]Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?:[/b]
[b]Would you like to make a donation? (Yes/No):[/b]
[b]If yes, how much would you like to donate?:[/b] - if no ignore -

Thank you for applying for the Green Initiative For Tomorrow, your application will be reviewed shortly.

I would like a grant from GIFT

GIFT is more than willing to loan funds and assistance to countries or corporations who aim to turn their energy sources green, but simply can't afford to do so by themselves. GIFT prides itself in giving away wind turbines, solar panels and other equipment to developing countries so that they may have the necessary power supply to develop fully, while not increasing damage to the world by doing so. If you would like a grant from GIFT, simply fill out the application below.

[align=center][b]Application for a Grant from the Green Initiative For Tomorrow Foundation (GIFT)[/b][/align]
[b]Are you a Nation or Corporation?:[/b]
[b]What is your full name?:[/b]
[b]Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel):[/b]
[b]What is the purpose of this Grant?:[/b]
[b]Who will this Grant effect?:[/b]
[b]How will this Grant help your nation?:[/b]
[b]What steps will you take to ensure the goal of this Grant is met?:[/b]
[b]Will you allow GIFT officials to oversee the production of this Grant?:[/b]
[b]What are you requesting in this Grant?:[/b]

Current Members of GIFT

Last edited by Aquitayne on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 am

- Reserved for possible further expansion -
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 am

- reserved for possible further expansion -

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Image used under license from Wikimedia Commons.

Application for Membership into the Green Initiative For Tomorrow Foundation (GIFT)

Are you a Nation or Corporation? Nation
Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The United Communities of Mesoland
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Mesoland
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: NS$117,408,112,761,963.34
Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?: Yes
Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?: Yes
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: 77%
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: Uknown, in excess of 2 million
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Nuclear, solar, wind and geothermal
Are you a member of any other Green Energy foundations?: No
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: Yes
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: No
Would you like to make a donation? (Yes/No): Yes
If yes, how much would you like to donate?: NS$12,000,000

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Application for Membership into the Green Initiative For Tomorrow Foundation (GIFT)

Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The Fortress Empire of Shanix
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Shanix
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: 110,621,843,527,124 Credits/year
Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?: In select areas, yes.
Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?: Yes, for military usage, not civilian.
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: 15%
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: 206,000 approximately employed by the Department of Energy
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Solar
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: No
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: If it benefits Shanix
If yes, how much would you like to donate?: 1,000,000,000,000 Shanix Credits
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Makayev-Sorai
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Makayev-Sorai » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Are you a Nation or Corporation? Makayev-Sorai is a hybrid entity, with corporate and public figures occupying the highest offices.
Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The Federated Coalition of Makayev-Sorai.
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Makayev-Sorai
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: NS$125,483,468,126.81
Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?: Yes, thanks to arms profits from Makayev Armaments Co.
Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?: Yes, but currently only at Makayev installations, Sorai is still being improved from archaic infrastructure.
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: 5%
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: Currently just over 50,000 in the Energy Research & Development Agency.
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Makayev-Sorai uses large scale hyrdro-electric and solar facilities in the Archipelago.
Are you a member of any other Green Energy foundations?: No.
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: Yes, although we currently do not have the available resources.
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: Yes, Makayev-Sorai already has a substantial energy research agency.
Would you like to make a donation? (Yes/No): When possible yes, but currently such resources are unavailable.

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Mesoland wrote:
Image used under license from Wikimedia Commons.

Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The United Communities of Mesoland
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Mesoland
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: NS$117,408,112,761,963.34
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: 77%
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: Uknown, in excess of 2 million
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Nuclear, solar, wind and geothermal
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: Yes
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: No
If yes, how much would you like to donate?: NS$12,000,000

Green Initiative For Tomorrow

The United Communities of Mesoland,

Firstly, on behalf of all of us at GIFT, thank you for applying to be a member of our institution. We are glad to see that such an esteemed nation such as yourself sees the problems with the global consumption of natural resources to fill the demand of energy, especially so when referring to coal, oil, and even nuclear power. We assure you that whatever funds you choose to spend during your membership in GIFT will not be wasted, and that we will use every penny to update green energy technologies.

That being said, we would like to formally state that your application has been APPROVED by our Board. Thank you for taking the first steps at making this world retain its beauty for generations to come, and thank you for being at the forefront of such a movement.

Shanix wrote:

Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The Fortress Empire of Shanix
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Shanix
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: 110,621,843,527,124 Credits/year
Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?: In select areas, yes.
Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?: Yes, for military usage, not civilian.
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: 15%
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: 206,000 approximately employed by the Department of Energy
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Solar
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: No
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: If it benefits Shanix
If yes, how much would you like to donate?: 1,000,000,000,000 Shanix Credits

The Fortress Empire of Shanix,

Firstly, on behalf of all of us at GIFT, thank you for applying to be a member of our institution. We are glad to see that such an esteemed nation such as yourself sees the problems with the global consumption of natural resources to fill the demand of energy, especially so when referring to coal, oil, and even nuclear power. We assure you that whatever funds you choose to spend during your membership in GIFT will not be wasted, and that we will use every penny to update green energy technologies.

That being said, we would like to formally state that your application has been APPROVED by our Board. Thank you for taking the first steps at making this world retain its beauty for generations to come, and thank you for being at the forefront of such a movement.

Makayev-Sorai wrote:

Are you a Nation or Corporation? Makayev-Sorai is a hybrid entity, with corporate and public figures occupying the highest offices.
Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The Federated Coalition of Makayev-Sorai.
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Makayev-Sorai
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: NS$125,483,468,126.81
Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?: Yes, thanks to arms profits from Makayev Armaments Co.
Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?: Yes, but currently only at Makayev installations, Sorai is still being improved from archaic infrastructure.
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: 5%
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: Currently just over 50,000 in the Energy Research & Development Agency.
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Makayev-Sorai uses large scale hyrdro-electric and solar facilities in the Archipelago.
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: Yes, although we currently do not have the available resources.
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: Yes, Makayev-Sorai already has a substantial energy research agency.
Would you like to make a donation? (Yes/No): When possible yes, but currently such resources are unavailable.

Mayakev-Sorai,

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:13 pm

OOC: a couple of tips. II is separated from gameplay, and as such the majority of those 95,000 nations don't exist in basically anyone's universe (such a large number also sounds ridiculous, keeping it more vague is always better) and it's not so much that the WA is disliked (though it inexplicably is by many gameplay people) as it is that it just plain doesn't exist in basically any of the mainstream RP nations.

As one of the world's largest proponents and users of alternative energy sources, I'll post something in character eventually.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Santheres wrote:OOC: a couple of tips. II is separated from gameplay, and as such the majority of those 95,000 nations don't exist in basically anyone's universe (such a large number also sounds ridiculous, keeping it more vague is always better) and it's not so much that the WA is disliked (though it inexplicably is by many gameplay people) as it is that it just plain doesn't exist in basically any of the mainstream RP nations.

As one of the world's largest proponents and users of alternative energy sources, I'll post something in character eventually.

[OOC]: Thank you for the constructive criticism, it will be noted. I look forward to your application! I have a lot of plans for this organization. :)

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The United States of Symphonia
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Symphonia
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: USD$406.76 trillion GDP; USD$60.65 thousand GDP per capita
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: About 35% of total energy production
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: About 2 million people
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Wind, solar, wave/tidal, minor geothermal
Are you a member of any other Green Energy foundations?: The United States retains membership with Symphonian green energy corporations and domestic research boards.
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: Yes
If yes, how much would you like to donate?: USD$ 50 trillion.
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Leorudo
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Leorudo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Are you a Nation or Corporation? Nation.
Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The Commonwealth of Leorudo
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): Leorudo
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: L$2,659,843,250,161.72
Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?: It already has quite a few green initiatives, so finishing the transition should be too difficult.
Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?: Yes, for approxamentally 85% of the total energy production.
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: 85%
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: Around 900,000 out of the seven million.
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: You name it, we probally have some form of it in place.
Are you a member of any other Green Energy foundations?: No, first one.
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: Being a second-world country, I'm barely hanging in there.
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: Yes.
If yes, how much would you like to donate?: - if no ignore - L$10,000,000,000 is my biggest possible donation as of right now.
Last edited by Leorudo on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NSWiki/Factbook:
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Leorudo

Political Compass: Nelson Mandela.
Literally. An exact match on the graph.

Any ideas for a better signature?

Comrade Commisar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Comrade Commisar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Are you a Nation or Corporation? Nation; More so a collection of cities rather than a nation.
Please state your Nation/Corporation full Name: The Greater Asahinan Commonwealth of the North Lands
Short Name? (i.e Sam for Samuel): The Asahinan Commonwealth
Average GDP or Annual Profits?: [Data expulged due to Asahinan Business Law]
Can your Nation/Corporation Afford a Green Energy overhaul?: Yes.
Does your Nation/Corporation already utilize Green Energy?: No.
If so, how much energy production comes from Green Energy sources?: None.
How many people does your Nation/Corporation employ in the field of energy?: Estimated 3,000 People.
What Green Energy technologies do you already utilize?: Current process is being made for Cold Fusion techniques, otherwise, none.
Are you willing to assist third world countries develop safe Green Energy power sources?: Yes.
Are you willing to assist in the Research and Development of new Green Energy power sources?: Yes.
Would you like to make a donation? (Yes/No): Yes.
If yes, how much would you like to donate?: 1,000,000,000,000 Eagle Silver Coins [35,000,000,000,000 National Standard]

Addressed to: Green Initiative For Tomorrow Headquarters
Origin of: The Eagles Business Alliance of Asahina
Type of: Official Statement - No Encryption
Subject: GIFT

The Asahinan Commonwealth is generally uninterested in becoming a member of the Green Initiative For Tomorrow, and would like to remain an unallied member of such 'green initiatives'. However, as a collection of corporate entities, the Asahinan Commonwealth believes that corporations are part of an ever-growing world and may aid in the advancement of man via use of economic and technological innovations. The Asahinan Commonwealth and participating businesses would like to invest in green technology as well as fund research and installation of these new technologies within third-world countries. Thus, the Asahinan Commonwealth has managed to allocate precisely one trillion Eagle Silver Coins for use in these new technologies and offer contractors of which to install them at little cost. We believe that through corporate funding and sponsorship, projects such as these can be even more benefitial than merely through government allocated funds taking from hard-working citizens.

The Asahinan Commonwealth currently runs upon the power of crude oil, natural gas, and coal. We utilize these elements over more controversial elements such as Nuclear Power via uranium, which is in massive abundance here. Currently, with the relative lack of land, and the ecological effects of any sort of damming of the nearby Yoitsu River, green energy is simply not a plausible nor economical option for the citizens of the Asahinan Commonwealth. Instead, we utilize massive amounts of untapped oil wells, off-shore oil wells, as well as utilizing the benefits of shale oil. These effects have proven themselves more benefitial to the citizenry of the Asahinan Commonwealth, providing cheap energy as well as creating 'steel cities' upon abandoned oil platforms such as Metal Island. Currently, our analysis has proven little increase in air pollution nor increase in diseases of the general populace. As such, we shall maintain the use of fossil fuels until more economic alternatives are offered for our populace.

Signed,
Hershel von Eagles,
Founder & Leader of the Asahinan Commonwealth
Last edited by Comrade Commisar on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A complete mess of a nation known in-character as the 'North Lands'; populated by pious priestesses, wandering mercenaries, violent bandits, and various internal power struggles. Be careful of who you deal with.

Basically, a decentralized feudalistic society ranging anywhere between medieval and interwar.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents