NATION

PASSWORD

Slaves to Freed Men [Open, MT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
-Deus-
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Slaves to Freed Men [Open, MT]

Postby -Deus- » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 pm

[The Kingdom of Lrae-Epsos]
[Festival of the Sea: Day 1]

Wilhelm Drex, Elder Prince of Lrae-Epsos sat like a stone on a velvet couch. His eyes were red and puffy from exhaustion and with each breath he panted. His hair, golden brown under the light of his office chandelier, was matted down and in an unkempt mess. His face was flushed pale, and he held a blank expression as he looked outside of his open window, the fireworks outside illuminating the sky in a brilliant array of colors and shapes.

He closed his eyes and took a long, exaggerated breath. His mind came to a slow, screeching halt just as a knock came at his door. "My lord" spoke the voice "may I come in?"

"Yes, yes!" Wilhelm said exasperatedly.

The door slowly began to creak open, Earl Wolfe, Knight-Captain and patriarch of the Wolfe House revealing himself. Wolfe was a middle aged man with graying hair and a craggy, aging face. His voice was baritone and he was quite large. He was silent as he knelt and bowed before his lord. "Your sister, Celia, has requested your presence, my lord."

Wilhelm raised an eyebrow, and sighed. "Well no, tell her to buggery off. And for god's sake Wolfe, she's been your wife for nearly fifteen years...You don't have to refer to her in such a lowly way." Wilhelm slowly hoisted himself up, and after much effort retrieved himself a glass of bourbon from his personal bar across the room. He sat on his desk, knocking over papers and other documents. "The festival is going on right now, shouldn't you two be with your children?"

"Uh no, my lord. Lady Celia had instructed me to retrieve yo-"

"Did you totally ignore what I just said? God dammit Wolfe, you are not a slave!"

Wolfe paused, as did Wilhelm whom also took a drink. "With all due respect my lord, I am a slave and you and your family are my masters."

"Are you thick man? Tell my sister -- your wife -- to leave me alone. I'm busy. And for Christ's sake get some self respect, Wolfe." Wilhelm groaned and shot the rest of his bourbon into his mouth, shaking as it burned his throat all the way to his stomach. He flicked his hands toward the door. "Go, get out of my sight." Wolfe bowed and obliged, disappearing behind the wooden doors, leaving no trace like a ghost.

Once the door was shut, Wilhelm threw his glass to the ground, watching as it shattered. "Fuck Celia, when she starts running this country I'll do what she says." He looked up to the ceiling and, using his sleeve, wiped his mouth which was covered in alcohol and drool. The Elder Prince, executive leader of Lrae-Epsos, passed out on his floor moments later.

[Festival of the Sea: Day 2]

The clanking of cutlery was an uncommon noise within the Drex house, the palace walls echoing with the sound of silver knives and forks against blue china plates. The large, rectangular wooden table which had been handmade nearly fifty years ago by the then current king was just now finally being used as the current king, Caninne the Eighth, his wife Olivia and his three children, Elder Prince Wilhelm, Princess Celia and Young Prince Roman, all sat around, eating waffles with chocolate bits and blueberries inside.

Everyone was quiet as they ate, as there was no pretending that they were a happy family, or even a stable one. Earl Wolfe, seated next to Celia, was anxious to leave and ate his food slowly with his head down. If he was a dog, he would have had his tail tucked firmly between his legs. Wilhhelm looked pale and beaten down, his clothing disheveled and his hair filthy; he smelt like vomit, alcohol and garbage. Celia took note and shook her head, the young Prince Roman ignoring everyone and everything besides what was on his plate.

Caninne, shriveled and old with only faint traces of he youthful, powerful man he used to be, slowly eased over and murmured something into the ear of his wife before standing up, glass in hand. "My children...my children" he spoke with slow, methodical ease, his fingers trembling as he held the glass. "After much consideration...I have decided to release the Wolfe house from it's current servitude. I have also decided to end the custom of family slavery within this nation."

Everyone stopped eating and looked with amazement. Earl Wolfe sat with his mouth gaping open, the first sign of tears in his eyes. Wilhelm broke the silence, "what, why?"

"Because...because it is the right thing to do." The kings voice shook, and he tried to sound as earnest as possible, yet everyone knew the real reason. Caninne was getting old, and was soon to die he knew. He wanted to at least be remembered for something, and this...this just seemed like his last chance at greatness.

It was Celia's turn to speak now, her long blonde hair hitting just at her shoulders. "Papa" she started in a soft voice "many of the Lraeite businesses are practically run by slaves. If we abolish this practice, who knows what would happen economically. It's not like we force people into slavery. Ironianism only allows the enslavement of families whom are in debt."

"Yes, but-"

"And besides, why would you take away such a longstanding cultural practice?" Wilhelm butted in, nearly screaming at his own father. "And don't eve pretend like you give a shi-"

"Wilhelm!" Screeched his mother

"Don't even pretend like you give a shit about those enslaved. We all know why you're doing this, old man, and it won't work. I'll be king soon enough and like hell am I risking this nation's financial future."

His mother stood up now, along with Wilhelm and Celia, and spoke, angry making her voice shake. "Now listen here, this is your fathers desire and you two both better respect that. You are not king yet, Wilhelm."

"Oh yeah? Well, this old bag of bones won't be on that throne much longer. Let him abolish internment, see what I care." And with that, Wilhelm stormed off.

Celia, tugging at the still silent and openly astonished Wolfe, bowed to her mother and fathered and walked off with her husband. Caninne wheezed and coughed, leaving the table as well along with Olivia who was quite angry and heated.

Only young Roman remained, gorging himself on waffles.

[LREP-TV News: The Voice]

Today, King Caninne the Eighth, current ruler of Lrae-Epsos, announced today the banishment of family-to-family debt slavery within the country. The choice comes as a stark and seemingly controversial surprise as many citizens voice their opinions.

The King said that his decree was based primarily on his desire to help the poorer clans and houses of the nation, as well as to make Lrae-Epsos a more modern and "family-friendly" country. Many of the king's close advisers and allies supported the choice, calling it "a step forward in civil rights" across Lrae-Epsos.

Some citizens are up in arms about it, including the Elder Prince Wilhelm Drex who calls the move "foolish at best, disastrous at worst". Many Epsonians are also voicing their frustration with the move, calling it another Lraenite way of taking away the customs and traditions they hold dear. Either way, what's done is done and the king has said that as long as his house rules, debt slavery shall never return to Lrae-Epsos.

This has been The Voice with the current news.
Last edited by -Deus- on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:19 pm

[Post-Festival: Day Six]

Streets where filled with trash: small piles of confetti littering each city block,the ashes from fireworks and wooden statues being swept for miles by the storm winds as the rainy season began. The first rains left a bitter taste in Caninne Drex's mouth, the olden king easing into a custom-built lounge chair to ease his tired back and bones. His sudden announcement had not gone as he had hoped: most people mocked him for the move, calling him a fool or even a race traitor.

He groaned, and flinched and then gave a whistle. A young girl, who seemed no older than 16 or 17 came out, naked except for her gold and white stripped underpants. The king, pleased, gave a weary smile as the girl sat on his lap, coercing her body with old, cracked hands. "My love, if only I was as youthful as you again." He said finally, his liver-spot ridden hands taking hold of her vivacious young breasts that seemed to glow a golden hue under the light.

"My lord, why would you wish for youth when you already have wisdom?" The young girl told him, whispering it into his ears. He didn't answer, of course as he was too preoccupied with himself and her.

Across the room, however, eyes peered through the keyhole. The young prince Roman strained his eyes staring, unmoved and cold. He wasn't staring for the girl, because even though they were about the same age he could've had her if he had wanted her. No, he was staring at his father who made his blood curdle with contempt. His "father" was more than just his biological father, Roman knew. In fact, they were brothers as well which only made Roman hate him more. They shared a mother and when the time came for Caninne to take the throne, it only made sense to him to take the most appropriate wife...his mother.

The young prince hated that he was an inbred freak, a genetic monster. He was the only one of his true siblings to know and now he suspected that his sister and older brother were also involved. It drove him mad just thinking about it. It drove him completely insane.

Roman was hardly to be considered tall or strong. He was 16, 5'6 and underweight. He was scrawny, as many people described him. He stood up, took a deep breath and clenched his fist and eyes shut as small droplets of tears shimmied to the ground. "This is it" he thought to himself. The boy, taking an axe had found in the garden shed, began to hack away at the door. He swung with all his might, creakng and splintering the wood until he was able to kick it down with his combat boots. His father was speechless as the girl screamed in panic.

The prince remained silent, even as his father questioned and commanded him to stop, the boy stomping towards the girl and old man, bashing in the concubines head with the axe, leaving a large gash in the side of her face that exposed bone, flesh and brain matter. His father was silent by this point.

In shock, one might say.

Roman dropped the axe and threw his arms around his stunned father. He wept and tightly held him. "Roman" his father began "R-r-roman, stop. Roman!" The young prince only squeezed harder until he began to dig his face into his father's neck, digging his teeth into the old man who cried and screamed, falling onto the ground as his son ripped a chunk of skin and flesh from his neck.

"I'm sorry. It's just that..." Roman shook his head, taking up the axe again as his brother squirmed around like a worm on the ground. He took the axe overhead, and just began to swing, smashing in ribs, skull, arm and organs as he cried and laughed at the same time, his eyes transfixed on the bloody pulp of man that used to be a king.

"R-Roman" he heard behind him suddenly, his other brother, Wilhelm, standing in what used to be a doorway. He was distraught and he held his head, panting heavily. "What...what the fuck did you do?! What the fuck did you do?!"

The young prince turned and smiled at as his brother, coming towards him slowly. His grip was tight, his knuckles white from holding the axe handle so hard and his face was red, dripping with blood and saliva. His brother made a motion to scream or run or even put his hands over his head, but by that time his head was already split down to his mouth, stomping at his skull until bits of skull stuck to his combat boots.

With all done, the young man halted and stood in the middle of his room. He cried out, and buried his face into his hands before dragging himself and his axe away. It was all over.

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Bump. EarlWolfe is not pleased.

Amburgh
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Amburgh » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Financero Commandante, or Fico, Juan Ray Batista sat in a small banana boat as fourteen el Fronte troops surrounded him. Due to the shortage of adult man power, almost ninety percent of them in the officer corps already, these men were the oldest that could be mustered. Fifteen at most, their arms were somewhat more matured due to constant weight of the assault rifles they carried. The bearish AR-15s were taken as tax from a local pirate near the coast of Averitown. Heavy fighting had delayed many of the projects, but the recent freedom of a massive work force was an opportunity that could not be missed. These men were already muscular from a hard life, and with nothing but sex to enjoy it was likely their average age was military-worthy.

The thinking went that as occurred in America the new slaves would not fully integrate to the host/former master society and be forced into jobs of subsistence. It was easy to see as the general population demographic shift to cities that greater income lead to a transfer of peoples. This was precisely what was needed, an over-funded and under-manned military with a truculent war to win! Thus loaded with a detachment of experienced, young, killers and some four billion on hand and another forty billion on account once they purchase/rent a recruiting center with an atm. Of course the guns would be hidden, with the money. In a way they would be illegal immigrants, but with the cash they had bribery would be extremely difficult to defeat.

As they arrived, without harmful intention, into the nation six of the boys bought bikes and printed flyers as they headed out to former slave area and industries to recruit, as a very high salary, some soldiers. Their families were offered a plot of land around San León, which they could farm or otherwise tend to in their own likings. It seemed a miracle, and in fact was, but if they managed to see the news of the war they would know that the burden, at least for the enlisted, was heavy. But the money was real, and the guns guarding them too, so it was up to each's choice whether to come or not. No aggression would be exuded by the recruiters. Some others were recruited for the civilian work of spreading the knowledge to the freed slaves, these men were often slaves or newly enlisted.

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

[Post-Festival: Day Ten]

Sparkling colors like that of a rainbow flew over the heads of Roman and his "guest". He was very well dressed for the occasion, his stripped blue and white Henley shirt going well with his white dry denim jeans. He cracked his knuckles under his black leather gloves and smiled down at his "guest".

The guest of course was his mother and he delighted in seeing her so...fragile. She was gagged and bound, stripped naked and he had had her whipped repeatedly until the skin of her back dropped and sagged, dried blood crusting up all around her body and the damp floor. The colors above their heads, what Roman called "mood lighting" was actually a malfunctioning light show in a abandoned "Coffee Shop" that the young former prince frequented. For now, of course, it was his little house of horrors.

The boy handled a large knife carefully in his hands, his body trembling. He had gotten used to killing since his last incident. He had even been rewarded with kingship for his last act. No one would challenge him, nor his word. He was rich, powerful, and now, alone with the woman he blamed most of all.

He had wanted to rape her, to extract pain from her as he himself gained pleasure. But he had realized that he experienced much more pleasure by simply torturing her. He didn't want to spoil his prize. He had shaved her bald and she looked at him with pleading eyes. Her throat was raspy from all the screaming -- if it wasn't, she would have been. He kissed her forehead, and then knelt down, taking the knife and slowly carving away at her leg. She winced and thrashed in pain and he would occasionally stand, slap her, spit in her face and then resume.

When he was finished, he stood back and took in his artwork. "2 E LEET" it said. He had told her it was Latin. She only cried. She had cried so much over the past few days that he wondered whether or not her tears would scar her face. Today was her last day, however, and he had seen that no, they did not leave marks. So, he took the knife and sliced just skindeep and under her eyes, cutting down in a jagged line to her chin. She wept blood, after that point on.

He decided he would spoil her before death, and after lifting up her legs in a V, took out his member and raped her. He was wild eyed, and made sure to make it as painful as possible, coercing her back with the knife until he turned her over and used the other hole. Once he had finished he decided that was enough and, as if it was an act of mercy, slit her wrists so that she could watch herself bleed out.

He spit on the ground as he left the coffee shop.
[Post-Festival: Day Eleven]

"I, Roman Drex the First, hereby take the throne of Lrae-Epsos and crown myself King Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I, Lord of Epsos, Sovereign of Lrae and Protector of the Ironian Faith."

That announcement had been broadcasting constantly since Roman spoke it. TV had been going on and on about his greatness, about the supposed prosperity of his reign. They called it the "Pardes Pax" era. The newspapers -- for anyone that still used them -- had a similar message. The internet spoke about the murder of his brother, mother and father. About how his mother had gone missing and how there was no planned funeral for one of the longest reigning kings in history, or his son. It was all mighty suspect, but no one really cared. No one wanted to really dig deep and find the truth.

The king, spread out atop his lofty throne of gold, silver, velvet and other luxurious materials, slouched and stared transfixed at the painter. His crown shone brilliantly atop his expertly combed dark hair, and the purple and red cape with which he had been draped gave him a majestic look. But that gaze, that lifeless expression. It was haunting, perhaps even demonic.

The choice of his father had been overturned; all slaves were once again in confinement. Those that had left were ordered back and those that refused would be dragged back, no matter where they were. Many people had called it an excellent move by the young king, and some people truly believed he would usher in the fabled era of "Pardes Pax".

But that cold, haunting face...

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:16 am

The New Edomite Embassy

"So less than two weeks following the announcement of the repeal of the family to family debt slavery laws, the three senior members of the Royal Family are killed--some are saying murdered by the new King. His sister has vanished. The boy-king is a mere sixteen years old, and we have no idea who advises him or is even around him." Octavia Petronius, the charge d'affaires for the New Edomite Embassy to The Kingdom of Lrae-Epsos, was an olive skinned woman in her late thirties, dark haired and elegantly slim, and was reading from her laptop in the office of the Ambassador, who was drinking mint tea and seemed distracted.

"We should think about pulling the senior staff out," suggested Commer Brang, the military attache. A bald, bullet headed bulldog faced man with brutal hands, wearing army barracks dress with the insignia of the Red Wolf Guards on one patch and the insignia of a lieutenant-colonel of the army. "Remember what happened in the Chyeknovostan Republic, Sir."

"It does seem a serious matter," mused the Ambassador. Count Theodore Urban was an elegant Etrurian Senator, and of the Popular Party which supported the Free Congress. This office was his reward for helping bring that support during the civil war that had ended three years before. He had dark slightly wavy hair, a prominent nose and strong features. "I should like to have someone contact the palace, and find out what relations they intend to pursue with us at this stage of things. We will not in any way get involved with this matter at this time until we know what's what." He glanced at Major Tabitha Rahab, the Council Police officer present, and at Father Arkan, the Apostolic Priest. "We need more information."

"Sir, I don't think you are grasping the situation. Even let's suppose that some sort of reign of terror or bloodbath doesn't take place, the new King might repudiate his father's decision about slavery, which will mean that our intended trade treaty will be moot, as we cannot trade with a slaver nation. The whole reason for pursuing our policies for The Kingdom of Lrae-Epsos depended on King Caninne's decision." said Octavia Petronius, her tone mild but her posture revealing her mild frustration.

The Ambassador glanced up at her. "I will inform the Foreign Minister, and I would like you to write a letter to the King congratulation him on his rise to the throne and commiserating with him on the loss of his family. I believe that is customary, Mrs. Petronius."

"Yes, Ambassador." she said, lowering her eyes.

Brang cracked his knuckles. "And yourself and the senior staff Sir--I'd like to have an evacuation plan."

The Ambassador nodded his regal nod of dismissal.

To His Royal Majesty, King Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I, Lord of Epsos, Sovereign of Lrae and Protector of the Ironian Faith

On behalf of the Triumvirate of New Edom--His Majesty King David III, His Excellency President William Touchstone and the Council of Five Churches--I congratulate Your Majesty's rise to the throne of Lrae-Epsos. I wish that I could write this without expressing sadness at Your Majesty's loss of close family and would like to share what is doubtless Your Majesty's great grief. Saluting the courage Your Majesty shows at manning the helm of the ship of state even at this hour of mourning and in spite of youth demonstrates the qualities I am sure will make Your Majesty an extraordinary ruler.

If possible on behalf of my nation I would like to request an audience at some time to speak more privately with Your Majesty regarding certain affairs of state which had been pursued during the reign of King Caninne.

I have the honour to be
Count Theodore Urban
Ambassador for the Allied States of New Edom.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:44 am

[Inkling]

A deep blue covered the sky, giant monolithic clouds traversing that alien world far above that of man. Despite the beauty of outside, Roman remained inside, his face pressed to a tiny tablet computer. He had made a small pillow fort within his room as he did when he was just a little child, yet now, as a king, he simply looked foolish. No one commented on it, however -- most wouldn't be able to as the palace was locked down, undergoing extensive renovations and remodeling inside and out, the buzz of saws and the clash of hammers giving the home a rustic feel.

Earl Wolfe stood in the doorway, staring down at the light of the tablet through the thin, scarlet colored sheets. He hadn't spoken a word to the king since the disappearance of his wife, Roman's on sister. He was distraught, broken by the loss of his family. He was, however, bound to this young boy who, in all honesty, he deemed responsible for the loss of his loved ones, but he kept to himself on that matter. "Uh, excuse me...L-lord Roman?"

"Roman? Roman? Are you stupid? I am the king. I am your majesty, I am Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I. You do not call me Roman. No one will, ever again. That died with my mother -- that was here name for me, and now she's gone." He lifted out of the pillow fort and gazed at Earl Wolfe with those dead grey eyes. "What is it you want anyway?"

"Sire, y-y-you've received a message." Wolfe bowed and handed him a small, delicately wrapped piece of paper.

"From?"

"Count Theodore Urban...Ambassador for the Allied States of New Edom."

The boy-king nodded and began to read slowly. "Ha, like he actually cared whether they died or not. He didn't know my family." He smiled as he finished the end and then hands it back to Wolfe. "Well, at least he has his shit together...I do demonstrate fine qualities of leadership, don't I?"

"Yes my lord" said Wolfe humbly.

"Well, I wasn't talking to you. Have, uh...Ambassador Shane write a reply in my name. Then get out, I'm through with you." He sneered at him and then returned to his pillow fort. "Tell him to set something up soon."

"Y-y-yes, my lord" Roman didn't see as Wolfe trekked away, a handful of tears smashing against the hardwood floors of the palace for the last time.

[Personal Edict of His Majesty King Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I, Lord of Epsos, Sovereign of Lrae, Deliverer of the Ladaerans and Protector of the Ironian Faith.]

[-Greetings-]

[Count Theodore Urban
Ambassador for the Allied States of New Edom.
]

I, Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I, wish to thank you personally for your concern for my family. Yes, it is truly saddening that they had to pass so recently, however, what's done is done. We must now look to the future, and the future is of course built by many, not just one. It is for that reason that I would feel delighted to discuss things of state with you at a time and location of your choosing.

Again, thank you for your kind words. May God be with you.

[Signed by His Majesty King Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I, Lord of Epsos, Sovereign of Lrae, Deliverer of the Ladaerans and Protector of the Ironian Faith.]

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:04 am

The New Edomite Embassy

The Ambassador smiled and looked up at his staff. "At a time and place of my choosing. At a time and place of my choosing, my friends. Brang, you've been talking alarums since this morning; Petronius, you've been muttering like Cassandra foretelling doom! But here, you see? He's a young man, he needs friends and guidance. Of course people are spreading nasty rumors about him."

Octavia Petronius sucked in her breath. "Sir, with all due respect, we literally have no idea who is governing this country...."

"He will meet at a time and place of my choosing." said Count Urban, his eyes flashing. "And we will invite him here--with all due ceremony of course--and have him to dinner, and obtain his views. We will draw him out and offer him the same arrangements we did his father. Make it happen, thank you very much, Mrs. Petronius."

Brang shrugged. "It smells, Sir, say what you will. But as you say." Brang and Petronius both bowed and left the room.

Urban shook his head. How they exaggerated, the civil servants and the military people--Petronius was a Gloria Regian, so she held hiearchical authority suspect from birth, and Brang was a Baran--you couldn't blame the fellow really. All he had been through in the civil war. Then that ridiculous trial of a genuine patriot--accused of murder, rape, robbery and cannibalism of all things! You could see how loyal and brave the man was, a simple soldier doing his duty. He walked to the window and looked out to where his lovely wife Priscilla and her maids were relaxing by the pool. He adored his second wife, her curvaceous pulchritude on display, her tanned olive skin glowing with health as she rose out of the pool, her breasts, belly and thighs glistening with water, smoothing droplets out of her raven hair. He felt a rising heat and felt he surely had time for some dalliance before they got the dinner ready for tonight. Oh but curse it...he had to turn rond and deal with his aide, Corvus, who had come in to ask about the dinner.

"We'll have grilled fish--seared salmon or tuna, whichever we have fresh--and mulligatawny, and a tabouleh salad, at least one customary dish to please the King if he reads about it. Make sure that there is wine but also offer mint tea and fizzy water with fruit juice. We'll have some entertainment as well. My wife can play for us." His wife Priscilla was a concert quality pianist, who had performed for the Fineberg Philharmonic Orchestra before their marriage.

"Sir, might I recommend that we offer another soup course as well, as we do not know the King's taste in spices?" suggested Corvus.

"That's a good suggestion!" said the Ambassador, raising a finger. "Let's see--if we can do a bisque that would be good, Corvus, but otherwise we'll have simply a cream of shrimp and mushroom."

The Ambassador loved a good light dinner and conversation.

To His Majesty King Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I, Lord of Epsos, Sovereign of Lrae, Deliverer of the Ladaerans and Protector of the Ironian Faith.

Thank you very much, Majesty, for your swift reply, which I was grateful to receive as I was sure that Your Majesty had many affairs of state to deal with. We have arranged for a dinner in Your Majesty's honour this evening at our embassy, if that is satisfactory.

sincerely,
Count Theodore Urban
Ambassador for the Allied States of New Edom
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 am

[The Dinner]

Dinner had been unexpected. In all truth, Roman didn't much want to be there however that was his own fault for letting someone else write his messages. He'd have to get rid of Shane at some later date. It was a beautiful embassy though, he had to admit that. It hadn't taken him long to get here yet it still seemed like a blur from the time he had talked to Wolfe and now. He had gotten quite nice for this dinner, showering, washing his hair, even having it cut. His skin gleamed with perfection only such power and riches can buy.

He enjoyed the aesthetic quality of his clothes despite the fact that they itched his skin in an irritating way. It was a white slim suit, quite modern with a blood red tie. He wore glasses for the occasion too, thick circular black ones that gave him a flair of intellectualism. He smiled ever so often, gleaming perfect white teeth to those around the table.

They had offered wine, but he refused. He drunk mint tea in tiny ornate cups, his hand steady and firm. He played it off perfectly, or so he thought, that he was a well adjusted boy-king. Or well, not exactly a boy, but a teenager at least. 16 was quite old, according to the Epsonians. Only two years away before he was officially an adult Lraenite. It all tickled him, and he gazed at the ambassadors and staff. They all seemed like fine people to know.

Where had the murderer gone in only an hour?

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 am

Count Urban saw that the King appeared to be enjoying himself, and that he had chosen tea, and that he was dressed rather normally. All good signs. But he could get little impression of what the youth was actually like as a ruler. He had been making polite conversation, as had the senior members of his staff who were present. Brang was for all his crude appearance a Baran gentleman and though quiet was courteous in his replies; Petronius was elegant and gave no sign of her apprehension; his wife, Countess Priscilla, looked gorgeous with her raven hair in wavy lengths to her nearly bare shoulders, showing a hint of decolletage though her bosom really needed little display save the wine colored evening gown she wore.

"Majesty," said Count Urban, at an appropriate moment, "I thought my wife might play the piano for us a little later. If there is any particular kind of music you would like played she has an extraordinary repertoire and we can easily obtain sheet music if need be online." he paused. "I hope it is not too forward a question, but I was wondering about what policies Your Majesty intends to set your government to now that you are King, and who you will appoint as advisers?"

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Staring at Urban, Roman thought it over. In reality, he hadn't much thought about it or even cared. It had hardly slipped into his little mind that he had to actually run the country. He looked down at his tea, spinning it around gently with his spoon before looking back up.

"Well" he began "I plan on reforming many aspects of this nation. I feel Lrae-Epsos is too stuck in the past, especially Epsonians. So I plan on taking the logical step in instituting policies that not only benefit this county, but also push for a better tomorrow."

He paused and took a sip. "And when it comes to ministers I will surround myself with only the best. There is an entirely new generation out there that has, statistically speaking, brought us a myriad of creative, focused geniuses. In with the new and out with the old. In the coming months everyone is subject to evaluation. I intend to leave my mark on this country before I die....Which, given my age, will be quite a long time from now." He smiled and chuckled a little bit, setting his impression in stone. "In connection to New Edom I will continue to build a strong relationship between yourselves and I."

As he took another sip of tea, he remembered Urban's proposition of music. "Yes, please, I am a fan of piano music. Anything will do -- perhaps a bit of native music from your homeland?"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 pm

"Majesty," said Countess Priscilla, "I will play a Baran theme, the Bachanalle," she said, rising, smoothing the skirts of her evening down down, and walked gracefully to the piano taking the sheet music out from the bench, swept her skirts again under as she sat at the bench, did a few exploratory scales before launching into the piece.

Count Urban smiled. "My wife is most accomplished, if you will pardon me for blowing my own horn. Majesty, I was wondering if you would be willing to discuss the nature of those closer ties--trade, nonaggression pact, possible alliances--what would suit Your Majesty's sense of policy best at this time? I am hoping that with these closer ties that perhaps I might be more of a friend than I managed to be with your Royal Father, who was...well he didn't really like to take advice, as you very well know, which was his royal privilege, but nevertheless Your Majesty's own views may differ..."

Octavia Petronius was distressed by all this--couldn't the Ambassador see that empty grin, those dead eyes? It was like looking at a devil in the flesh or a vampire or something, she could barely keep from reaching for a crucifix just seeing the king.

Brang also wondered if the Ambassador knew what he was doing. The kid seemed odd, off putting. He reminded him of a junkyard dog he had seen during the civil war, eating carrion off a battlefield, looking at him with cold wary eyes. Not a normal dog anymore, no. He pushed his plate of seared tuna away, half eaten. Looking at the king, he wondered if the kid really had killed his family. The rumors on the net were grim even for Brang, who was a professional survivor. But the main thing was whether or not the kid was psychotic or merely totally amoral...and if they could handle him. He decided, privately, to start looking for the sister. She had either sensibly fled or was in some ditch...

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:15 pm

"Beautiful" Roman stated "Simply, beautiful. Your wife and the music. You're a lucky man, Ambassador." He took the last drink of his tea and then wiped his mouth. "However, Ambassador, I am not my father. I will never be him nor will I seek to emulate him. He's dead, gone...He's" He stopped himself suddenly, catching the fact that he was in a daze, staring at the kitchenware and raising his voice. It was not a good look.

"I'm sorry" he apologized. "Sometimes I just get a little...uh, worked up when I think of him. His sudden death is still quite fresh in my mind." He cleared his throat, suddenly snapping back to his "usual" self. "Regardless, we should work something out. Perhaps a deal between Lrae-Epsos and New Edom to foster an alliance between us?"

"Your women are quite beautiful...I'd even consider looking into a greater deal of co-operation between you and I. I'm not so backwards that I believe in arranged marriages, but I'd surely not turn down the opportunity to perhaps meet with your royalty." He smiled, and yet just as quickly as his cheeriness appeared, it vanished.

He sat in a daze, thinking over the first time he had learned of his sisters marriage to that...bastard, Earl Wolfe. He didn't hated or loved her, but she had to go. She was a Drex. He remembered standing over her, staring down at her beautiful blonde hair that contrasted his own dark hairdo. Even her eyes were different than his, a beautiful green hue to his dead grey. She was only his sister in name and he thought of her crunching bones as he stomped the life out of her, her skull crunching under his boots as her hair tangled up and merged into the dirt. She wouldn't be found. No, she wouldn't be found in the walls.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm

"Your Majesty is too kind," said Count Urban, with a smile, sipping his wine. "I cannot help but observe that Your Majesty is...well the last of your line, not to put too fine a point on it. Your Majesty is the epicenter of peace and prosperity in this country. What I should like to suggest is this...that Your Majesty consider a visit to New Edom to meet with our own royal family there. There are currently four ladies of marriageable age that I believe Your Majesty would find delightful to meet--Princess Mara, Princess Saxon, Princess Ava and Countess Olivia. With a marriage, to be blunt my Lord King, economic, diplomatic and military agreements would be all the more solid in the eyes of both our peoples and would secure Your Majesty's succession as well."

Commer Brang and Octavia Petronius almost choked on their wine; Priscilla didn't hear as she was approaching the crescendo of the music, which fortunately distracted everyone long enough for the soldier and the diplomat to regain their composure. Even for Brang this was a bit much--though he could stomach it. As he had once said, "When you're chewing the meat you're given, sometimes you just have to swallow the gristle." Octavia Petronius however was appalled at the idea of marrying an Edomite Princess to the boy before them--this grinning empty sepulcher. What was he? She had always scoffed at the idea that some people were just plain evil--but now she wasn't so sure...

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:28 pm

"That would be most excellent, ambassador. I look forward to meeting them all." He gave a courtly nod and applauded when the ambassador's wife had finished her music. He found her stunning, quite attractive, but he didn't stay on that. He could see the other two members of staff, he could see them and their...apprehension. He enjoyed it, it made him feel stronger, more confident even.

He turned to the woman, he had already forgotten her name, and just stared menacingly whenever the ambassador wasn't paying attention. He smiled widely, a devilish Cheshire smile that made him look like psychotic. He wasn't psychotic, he knew that. He was braver, stronger, able to do things that most people had a mental block to do. He wasn't psychotic, just special.

But that stare and smile, he couldn't help himself. He wanted to make that woman scream, to wake up every night from just the terror of his being. He wanted to be her own personal Satan, to slowly pick her clean and then just letting her suffer with it. Death was too easy...To make a person suffer, to cry for gods from A to Z, was special, personal, unifying even. He loved it.

And like a ghost, within that split second of pure horror, his insanity disappeared. Vanished into thin air itself, only to be seen again in quick intervals. "When would you like to set this up, Ambassador?" He said, clearing his head, letting his ease off of the high he had just experienced.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Octavia turned pale. She thought for a moment the boy was going to attack her. She felt the urge to cover herself, to leave the room. She realized her eyes were full of tears, that she was starting to hyperventilate, and she looked away. She was raised in Sixington, Gloria Regis, where the sanctity of human life was strongly preached, in a rather liberal part of the Allied States, and she had never until now truly believed in personal evil. Could he...could he have murdered his whole family?

Commer Brang, by contrast, was a grim realist; when he met the King's eyes he was calm. He had seen personal horrors to a greater degree than Petronius, and had done some of them himself. He had done what he had to do, to survive, in a terrible time, like hell on Earth. The question for him was this: did the kid know who he was dealing with? Idly he remarked as dessert arrived, "If you don't mind my saying so," the Colonel said, "This will be one of the greatest acts a King of your realm has made, Majesty. New Edom is a terrible enemy to have but a good friend. When the Chyeknovostan Republic, a nation in Cornellia, had a civil war following the deaths of most of its government, New Edom was to remain neutral save for seeking trade agreements. However the man who led the coup d'etat found it suspicious that our Ambassador attempted to contact the surviving minister of government, and ordered everyone in our embassy arrested, and then shot. Only the Ambassador escaped thanks to an officer who helped her...but the point is this: instantly we sided with those who were against the new dictator and did everything in our power to annihilate him." He smiled a moment. "Of course we also support our allies, strongly and forcefully. That same sense...rules our foreign policy."

Following the dinner and polite conversation after, the Ambassador warmly thanked the King for coming and said that he would look forward to seeing him in New Edom when he was ready to journey there. With bows and courtesies, the King was shown out and the Ambassador sighed, feeling he had completed a good day's work.
Last edited by New Edom on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:05 pm

2 Months Later, Fineberg, New Edom

The arrival of Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I in Fineberg was greeted with fanfare, with a marching band and an honour guard of soldiers wearing cherry red tunics with grey frogging, wolfskin shakos with a stiff tall black and white feather at the front, black trousers and gleaming riding boots, their bayonets gleaming as they presented arms and crashed their boots to the ground. He was formally greeted by Prince James Obed, the uncle of King David III and the Heir Apparent, a craggy faced handsome man with fair hair wearing a three piece suit for the occasion; he seemed to be in fine shape for a middle aged man. Also with him was Princess Rebecca, chestnut haired with fine classical features, elegantly slim. Both were friendly, and brought him to the lovely palace of Betharan, where he was also introduced to President William Touchstone, who was apparently the most powerful man in the country according to the system of government which was sometimes very confusing to foreigners.

here and there apart from aides and functionaries the leather coated Council Police were seen lurking about, but mostly the focus was on the cabinet officers and aristocracy that the King met. Regrets were expressed that King David III was not present, nor the Archbishop, but business abroad and failing health were respectively explained on behalf of each of them. The most significant meeting, as Prince James led the King to an elegant sitting room, decorated with the colors sandy yellow and sea blue, with the open airy feeling of French architecture overlooking a beautiful garden, was with Princess Mara Obed.

The Princess was a chestnut haired beauty, athletically rather than slimly built, curvaceous of bosom and hip, with supple arms and legs, and with a face that smiled easily with lively intelligent eyes. She wore a light summer dress that showed off her calves and arms and her delicate throat, that was patterned with little flowers and was cream and bordered powder blue. As Prince James presented her, he said, "This is my beloved daughter Mara--I think without making her blush I can say she is one of the most lovely women in the Allied States...and do you know she has been the World Assembly Ambassador as well--my dear, this is King Oedipus Ilah Ehyeh I."

Mara knew he would be a teenager, and she knew something of what her family was planning. She was a brave and open minded young woman though and so she simply bowed her head, wanting to see what happened here. "Majesty, I'm deeply honored."

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 pm

[Grey Devil: An Hour Before]

"Sire are you completely sure this is, well, a good choice?" Posh, yet not snobbish was a way to describe Sir Maximilian Shane. He was a lanky, blonde and bespectacled man that wore, at this moment at least, a slim black suit with a red rose pinned to his right breast. He was one of Roman's chief foreign affairs advisers and acted as one of his prime ambassadors and diplomats. He was a dear friend of the boy-king.

Roman turned and nodded slowly to him, his disposition quite cheery, his eyes hidden beneath sunglasses that guarded him from the New Edom sun. "Yes, Shane, this is a good move, I assure you. Chill the fuck out. Stop calling me sire, by the way...it's, uh, weird."

Despite being seven years older than Roman, the two were close. After the dinner, Roman had assigned Shane as his foreign affairs adviser. The man had shown to be quite careful in his dealings, but not without his adventurous streak. Trained in international studies, he at least could act like he knew what he was talking about. "Well, Roman, I just want us to be safe. We have no idea what these people really intend. I think tha-"

The boy laughed at him and shook his head. "Chill out. We'll be fine, trust me. They wouldn't dream of harming us. And if they did, we'd make them pay."

Shane groaned to himself and relented. He turned and looked out of the window of the car, staring as their vehicle -- which they had specially purchased for the trip to New Edom -- passed old buildings and structures..."You should've worn formal clothes too. Who knows what they'll think if they-"

"Shane, seriously. It's alright." Roman had decided to come wearing bright red Ked sneakers and jeans, black skinny ones with a floral red collarless shirt that buttoned down to the belly-button. His sleeves had been rolled up and buttoned, exposing his religious tattoos that were given to most Lraenite children around their tenth birthday. He thought he looked quite good.

Shane again relented and sighed. "Alright. Just be careful...We don't want to tip them off of your, uh, "doings". Roman nodded in agreement. The beast would have to be silenced for now.

[Grey Devil: Present]

Roman loved the place already. It was stunningly beautiful and well built. He had thought to himself that if things didn't work out he'd have to return except with an army to claim it as his own. The princess, well, she took his breath away. He wanted to stare, to take hold of her and preserve her beauty in a way that only he could enjoy. He didn't believe in love, but he knew what beauty was. She was much more than just beautiful, she defined it like a writer does words. He could do nothing more than smile wildly and bow, taking hold of her hand and kissing it.

He wanted to say something, one of those cheesy pick-up lines, but he was better than that. He took off his sunglasses and replaced them with his usual thick black circular frames. "My lady...Why, you're much more stunning than they had told me. I..., well, I'm in shock."

He opened his mouth to say more, but by that time Shane had saw what was happening and nudged his shoulder. He cursed silently under his breath. "This is my close friend Maximilian Shane. He's a very brilliant man; I've appointed him as my minister of foreign affairs, so I thought it wise to bring him along."

"Oh, you're too kind your majesty." Shane loved and yet also hated being formal. He loved dressing up and acting regal, to present one's self as elegant and majestic. Yet he felt awkward listening to himself speak in such a way to the kid he used to tickle until at risk of peeing himself or play video games with until the sun came up. It was like bowing down to his brother. He didn't hate that it was Roman; he was proud of him, immensely so. He loved him.

He only hated the monster inside.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Betharan Palace, New Edom

Mara smiled at the King politely; it was hardly the first time she had been called beautiful. "Too kind, Your Majesty." she said. "I hope you will enjoy your stay here. And it's a pleasure to meet you too, Minister. I like your jeans by the way. So," she decided to shock her parents for the hell of it, "I hear people are talking about the two of us getting married, to seal a trade and military agreement between our countries. So would you like to talk about that while our respective Ministers chat about the plans and policies?" she said this in her friendly easygoing way, though she felt a little heartsick about this...it was the fourth time a marriage had begun to be planned, and she wondered what disaster would wreck this one. And...he was young...at her age 4 years difference seemed a fair amount of time. "If you like we could talk out in the garden, I like walking there, and perhaps you might like to walk with me?"

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

'Well, why not. At least she's bold.' Roman thought to himself. He pushed his glasses up using his middle finger, and then laughed a little. "Sure, let's take a walk you and I." He didn't know if it was a good or bad thing that she knew the intentions of her parents, but oh well. He hadn't done much research on her; to be honest he hadn't cared enough to do it. Perhaps he should've listened to Shane.

Shane, on the other hand, took a deep breath and then turned to Prince James. "I suppose we should leave then? Perhaps discuss business over a drink, yea'?" Shane didn't drink, he preferred to smoke, but that wasn't a sentiment many people around the world shared. He checked his watch, black leather strap with a wooden clock-face, one he had built himself. "Yes, yes, that'll do." He thought to himself.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Prince James nodded. "I agree. I'd like to introduce you to some of the pertinent cabinet officers and we can perhaps start talking..." as he spoke he led Shane into the next room, (past a small group of leather coated Council Police and a huge bulky man with black almost opaque sunglasses, bald and silent as a statue, who were waiting in the hallway outside the room) where several people were waiting. He was introduced to Sif Finnhald (a fair haired athletic looking woman with a light blue suit jacket, dress blouse and skirt) the Minister of Foreign Affairs; John Crowl (a craggy faced grey haired man with a moustache and an empty left sleeve tucked into his jacket) the Minister of Defense; Mrs. Juliana Lindley (a middle aged woman of elegant appearance in a dark jacket, skirt and red blouse) the Minister of Commerce and Trade, and a rather homely bony faced man with large expressive eyes wearing a three piece dark suit, who was introduced as John Kohath, the Minister of Police. They were all seated around a polished walnut table in comfortable wicker chairs with green cushions, and there were carafes of sparkling water, ice water and fruit juice on the table. Prince James said, "Please smoke if you would like to, Sir Maximilian."

Sif glanced up with a warm smile. "I hope your stay here will be really enjoyable, Sir Maximilian. Now, I've taken the liberty of preparing several points we would like to discuss. If you would like to comment on any of these, please let me know.

"First: trade. We would like to have a free trade agreement between your country and ours. We would like as well to expand our manufacturing to your country.

"Second: we would like to establish a military alliance. We understand that your country is mostly defended by private interests. We would like to suggest that New Edom's military forces would gladly undertake to replace some of those interests without cost to you.

"Third: the marriage. We would like to know exactly what the Princess' rights would be if she married your King, and what her exact status would be. The idea I have is that by joining the two families there would be a potential succession to both thrones." she glanced at Prince James, who seemed still genial and relaxed, and simply nodded.

The Garden

The garden path from the palace was a sort of boulevard flanked by tall oak trees between which paths of flowers--dwarf purple lilac trees, beds of pink blue and yellow pansies, red geraniums and others--grew. It led to a rectangular pond in which lilies floated, and here and there were crosses on which scriptures had been carved, tall as a person and made of moss covered stone. The one nearest read I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Mara walked on white sandals; even though she wore flat shoes her hips swayed and the skirt of her dress occasionally pulled tautly against the curves of her hips and bottom. Mara said, "Isn't this a nice garden? I love it here, it's such a peaceful place. And not far from here there's a swimming pool, and a greenhouse and tennis courts. Do any of those things interest you? I personally love swimming quite a lot, and I also enjoy tennis, though I like some other sports as well..."

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:46 pm

[New Edom]
[Shane: Juxtaposition]

Smiling, Shane bowed his head and took out a small box from his suit's inner pocket. He took a small, nicely hand-rolled and ornate joint and lit it. He smiled like a cat and took a cup of ice water. "Well then, onto business."

He took a deep breath, "In relation to a full trade agreement, that seems do-able on our part. Trade is important and as your country does produce a few commodities that we could use over in Ladaera, I won't refuse. Speaking in the interest of my own personal business ventures, I feel it best if Lrae-Epsos also gained the right to manufacture within New Edom." He took a quick hit and blew the smoke out in little jets away from his most gratuitous hosts.

"Moving on to your second point, I hate to say that I'm not very well informed on how the armed forces operate in my own country. Being that it is indeed privatized, they're not required to disclose any information regarding their business dealings to us. However I'm sure this could also be arranged and that your involvement would surely take some of the cost out of it."

He laughed a bit to himself. "The King is young, by most international standards. Culturally he's been a 'man' for six years...Heh. The throne of Lrae-Epsos has always been taken by the most capable sons and in rare situations, daughters, of our country. Should the princess produce children, they would by blood be in line for the throne. Some people may challenge it due to her heritage, however that's nothing to worry about."

"Her 'status', well, I'm not sure I quite understand the term. But she'd be considered a member of the royal house, queen next to the king, wife to Ehyeh and mother to any heirs she may produce. She may not be so warmly welcomed by some at first, especially the Epsonians or Ironians, however after awhile they'd warm up to her.

"Does she have any religious ties? Health conditions? Excuse me for seeming rude but it is of great importance that I'd know such things." He smiled and took another hit, blowing out thick white wisps of smoke into the air that smelled of potent THC.

[New Edom]
[Roman: Eros et Amor]

"Well, it's a beautiful garden. I don't swim so much anymore, but, during summer I would go with my family to one of the mountain lakes. Beautiful places, really." He thought back to the time he nearly drowned his sister in the pool, playing "too rough" as he had been repremended for later. That was back when he was a normal child. He wondered if he had actually wanted to drown her. "I don't know how to play tennis though. We don't have it in Lrae-Epsos; I've just heard of it from the television."

He wondered if he sounded dumb or backwards to her. He wondered if she thought he was just a child, or if he was weird or queer, or annoying or snobbish. His mind raced with the possibilities all while trying to keep himself from staring like a maniac. Oh what he would do to this girl when she was his, he thought. 'If she even becomes mine.' He quietly murmured to himself.

"So, you already knew what your parents had been planning? I mean with the marriage and all? I, uh, personally wouldn't be against it. But are you fine with it? You know you don't have too?" He had no idea which side of him was talking right now, and he was frightened it was the wrong side. 'Women are weird' Shane had told him 'you tell them one thing and they do something completely different.'

He sighed, but hid it under a quick grin. He took off his glasses, wiping them clean with a little napkin he had brought with him. Why was he so afraid?

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:12 pm

The Meeting

"One thing that is a concern: labour." said Sif thoughtfully. "Let's deal with that one--your last King abolished slavery, but apparently most of your businesses are run by slave labour. Mrs. Lindley?"

Juliana Lindley said, "We have a proposal for you about the slavery matter: if there is a possible danger of labour being a serious issue--the issue of a living wage and so on--we would like to propose this: a kind of economic exchange. Where significant blocs of your people are outraged by the new economic situation, we would like to arrange a business subsidization program through both government and corporate investment in your country's businesses. In turn we would gladly agree for your country also had the right to manufacture within New Edom--provided that such manufacture meets the standards of our previously existing agreements concerning treaties, health and safety and so on."

"As for the armed forces deal, will it be difficult for you to end your currently existing military contracts? Otherwise," said Crowl in his gruff voice, "We can begin arranging for a transition following the signing of our pact. What I'd like to propose is the following:
1 Super Carrier (50 fixed wing, 25 rotary wing)
4 Light Carriers (2 with 12 fixed wing, 2 with 16 rotary wing)
6 Amphibious Ships (8 fixed wing each)
10 Cruisers
16 Frigates
8 support vessels

1 Light Troops (Ranger) Regiment
1 Special Forces Battalion
1 Combat Engineer Brigade
1 Air Defense Artillery Regiment
1 Support Division
5 Mechanized Divisions
1 Armored Division

1 Tactical Air Force Group of 350 fighters.
1 Tactical Bomber Group of 100 fighters and 40 heavy bombers
1 Support Group of 80 transports
1 Support Group of 6 AWACs, 40 Refuelling Planes
." Crowl showed him the papers. "if this sounds like too much or too little, please let me know."

Prince James spoke to the questions about Princess Mara. "She has no health issues at all. As for religious ties, my daughter is, as are all our family, a member of the Apostolic Church of New Edom. I think she would like to have a family chaplain available. In addition she will want to have regular access to her family at all times--she is very close to her cousins--and she would like to bring personal servants and a lady in waiting."

The Garden

Mara could feel an awkwardness coming from him. It made her feel deeply sad--she had so much wanted to marry Crown Prince Heinrich, because it was something that would have been good to do, and she had been prepared to out do her mother in being a good consort. But it had collapsed because of a stupid newspaper article. And now here she was with this strange kid, who was a King, who didn't seem to know what to say to her. She listened to him as they walked, and paused to watch a tame griffon (a flightless carnivorous bird) rather like a secretary bird on steroids wander across their path, idly glancing at them, its plumes nodding, its hooked bill looking rather wicked. "It's quite tame," she said. Mara flicked some hair from her face and looked at him. "I know I don't have to marry you, King Oedipus. My family and my government arranged this meeting, this weekend, so we could get to know one another. You know...I've always expected to do my duty about marriage. But my parents are not tyrants, they won't force me to marry you, they're just encouraging me to do it. So.." they strolled on past the pool while the flightless bird retreated past a hedge. "What do you like to do then? What are some things you enjoy? You like nature right?" Mara led him to a stone bench not far from the rectangular pool and sat there, inviting him to do the same.

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Shane looked over it carefully. He thought it over, examining the prospects. These were nice enough people and Lrae-Epsos was connected enough to be protected well. "I suppose that could be worked out." He said regarding the trade deal. "I'd suggest contacting the department of finance and budgeting minister; he's sort of our de-facto economic voice."

"I doubt we'd be able to null our military contracts. We've instilled them for the next few decades, close to a hundred years in fact. Security is paramount to us in Ladaera. However we are willing to cut a small portion and divert it to your force, as a fair compromise, I believe." He threw the dead joint into the nearest trash can. "And I'm thinking that you'd want a base? Well, that can be provided as well in the far western corner of Epsos. Or perhaps in a more urban area in Lrae."

He held his right leg over his left leg, and leaned forward, digging his elbows into his leg and then folding his hands. "Your daughter, sir, would be allowed to of course contact her family. I only ask about the religion due to the strong faith of some within our kingdom. However, that itself is also not much of a problem."
Sitting down next to her, he spoke calmly, trying to ease himself. Perhaps it was his pills making him so agitated. "Yes, I do like nature. I enjoy growing, uh, flowers and plants." He was a little embarrassed to speak about his flowers, but oh well. "My family and I, we'd go out west to an old estate we had in the Epsonian grasslands. I'd love to take you there one day, maybe."

"Do you skate? I mean, like, skateboard? It's something I like to do; I'm a radical king, see. I also listen to a lot of music, even fund a lot of bands and artists. It's a good perk, being a king and all. I'm sure most other kids would kill to be in my position." He couldn't help but laugh. In fact, he had killed to get into this position. "What music do you like?"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:37 pm

The Negotiations

"Perhaps a smaller combined arms force then," suggested Crowl, who had been prepared for this eventuality, and only pretended to hesitate a moment. "Let's say--perhaps a small combined surface group with ground forces. Then a base attached. In this case we would have a light carrier, 3 amphibious ships, 4 frigates, a support vessel, and 2 cruisers, in addition to an armored cavalry regiment, a light troops company and 1 Air Force Group which would have a mixed complement. Would that be satisfactory, Sir Maximilian?"

The Garden

Mara laughed. "You know what--I've never skateboarded in my life, I've only seen it on TV. I do rollerblade sometimes, you know for exercise and stuff, it's fun. That's what I thought you meant by skating at first. I'd like to see you do it sometime. And let's see--music! Oh, I love music, I love dancing and listening to it. My favorites are: some musicals (like "Chicago", "Grease" stuff like that), I like a bunch of styles of rock, I also like Baroque and Classical music. I'm kinda a classic rock kinda girl you know. And we have lots of music festivals here, you know...if we got married we could fund some in your country and in mine."

Mara looked at him with a smile. "And did I hear you say you did some gardening? You know I almost went for a degree in botany but I decided to do economics and politics instead, but it got interrupted thanks to our civil war, I've just studied a lot on my own. But I love botany. I'm involved with our urban Skyfarm project. That's where you take a tall building and do vertical farming, greenhouse and hydroponics stuff. It's to make good use of urban space with gardening."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents