NATION

PASSWORD

Corporeal Pursuits (FT; Closed, ATTN Ty-Ralyain)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vipra
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Corporeal Pursuits (FT; Closed, ATTN Ty-Ralyain)

Postby Vipra » Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Anatilophas System,
TCS Space Station Graceful Delight

The space station was one of many that Tenebavnya Corporeal Services ran, a mixture of mercantile trade and brothel. Externally it was much like a metallic spindle with many spines and spires jutting out across its form, freighters and other vessels attached to them like birds alighted upon the tiny branches of a small and frail tree. Some detached, laden with stock, while others bloated with resources or seeking to stock up attached themselves to the docking spines that were made vacant. It was a busy place, filling the local radio chatter with advertisements for new trade goods and the other more carnal services that the station offered.

While the exterior appeared much like one would expect from any trade station, the innards of the place were far more lascivious. The freight storage was about as dull and clean as any sapient expected, but the true heart of the place was lit with colours and activity that would bring a blush to most. Lights yellow, blue, and red lighted the halls, gardens, and stores as well as the station’s occupants. Stores sold snacks alongside aphrodisiacs, and hotels offered further services and the option to hire a courtesan from one of the many such services on the station. Further compounding the effects of the lighting and stores, the place smelled of the acts that were carried out within. It was an intoxicating blend of pheromones, fruit, and sweat that set the primal brain of near any sapient being down libidinous paths.

That was what the place was designed for after all, making men and women give into their baser urges and get tangled up in the arms and legs of the corporation’s employees. Pumping pheromones into the ventilation and oxygen recycling centers helped with that, and it was delightful to watch merchants and tourists pour all their hard earned money into repeated visits. The prostitutes kept a cut sure, but the corporation didn’t have to pay them. It worked out for everyone, or so the corporation liked to think; their employees made good money, the customers were more than satiated, and the company made a pretty penny that more than covered the costs of the station’s upkeep and permits. Everyone was pleased with the situation, especially Director Ivilli Evetinya.

She had the best chambers in the station of course, a penthouse suite that overlooked the blue-light district and the fields of alien foliage that filled its gardens, and it was within these that she resided. Ivilli was an atoran businesswoman, one of many, seven foot ten inches tall and wearing a skin-tight crimson MCP suit under a golden sari that covered her chest and looped over her left shoulder from the front and only managed to enhance her sensuous form. A silver armlet was upon her left arm, and boots of the same material hugged her legs up to her knee with carbon muscle and plating. Only her head was exposed, pale blue skin smooth and shiny with body slime. Her ultramarine lips were set in a smile, cherry red eyes staring into a park as men and women walked, and did other things, within it. Her five gill stalks, arranged over the crown of her hairless head, flowed down her back and over her sari to twitch and tap the bottom of her waist.

Behind Ivilli, standing in the center of her luxurious and decadent living room, was a man. He was an atoran and half a foot shorter than his host. The atoran man wore a black labcoat with a blue circle pattern over his heart, hiding all but the black gloves and silver boots of his own MCP suit. He held his arms behind his back, standing away from the leather couches, crystal tables, and furs that covered most of the marble floor.

“Director Ivilli,” the men spoke, his voice frigid in its composure, “if you would be so kind as to give us your attention.”

Ivilli chuckled, turning around slowly and staring the man up and down before stepping towards him, speaking as she moved in a feminine voice that was both deep and yet sweet as honey at the same time, “I am sorry to have kept you waiting boys, I find watching that station’s inhabitant from high above helps me think,” she stopped before the man, looking down at him with her little smile, “What do you want? I didn’t think Novalisk cared about this particular region of space.”

“It didn’t.”

“Something change then?” Ivilli chuckled, “Did the Novalisk head honcho finally realize the profits and want more of a cut or something?”

The Novalisk messenger looked up into Ivilli’s eyes, “Or something. Novalisk has noticed something about the pirates in the region and wants the Tenebavnya Corporeal Resources corporation to expand into one of their species’ worlds.”

With a little laugh the director stepped away, walking to one of the many bottles of wine left standing upon end tables within the room, “And how do you expect us to do that? We have resources sure, and enough forces to make sure that any pirates that threaten our trade our trussed up and dropped into atmosphere, but not enough in the region to capture a world violently without leaving our defences weakened elsewhere,” she grabbed a bottle and a large glass from near it, pouring the dark red wine into the glass, “Besides, why come to me? The board would have been the better place to go.”

“Because we don’t want to deal with the board, you are near to the target we have selected, and we want someone ingratiated directly to us governing the system,” the messenger watched Ivilli take a long sip from her wineglass, her smile having given way to incredulity, “You will find we have already given your accountant a blank check, use it to secure the funds necessary to hire a Horizon Risk Management planetary invasion package and then Iron law security forces. Feel free to give yourself ten billion marks, consider it an advance.”

Ivilli wasn’t stupid enough to question the reasoning behind this, she knew too many questions would have them going to someone else, but she had a hard time biting her tongue, “and what about the board?”

The messenger simply stared at her for a long moment, “Hopefully nothing will change in regards to the board, do not worry of them. Simply do as we ask and you shall be amply rewarded.”

Director Ivilli drank the rest of her glass of wine in one gulp, putting the glass down with a sigh as the atoran man watched her every move, “Sounds good to me, I always wanted to run a world anyways.” She smiled, and for the first time so did he.

Two months later,
Horizon Staging Ground Theta,
HMC Pitlord

The bridge of the Pitlord, a custom made battleship, was alive with noise as the last preparations for the taskforce were being settled. Men and women of a variety of races worked tirelessly at their consoles, others manually checking systems as they took off and replaced panelling. They varied in height, skin colour, and even number of limbs. The vast majority, however, were humans: blonde, tall, with athletic or muscular physiques and all clad in the black and yellow MCP suits of the company. They were Razonites for the most part, humans from the Imperial north, Germanic in heritage and more than hardworking. They did well in the business of blood, even if they had to do their duty from the bridge of a space vessel.

The commander of this force was one of them, Alexei Koenig sitting rear of the bridge and going over last minute reports on the holographic display at his fingertips as his sub-commander, an eight foot tall, green-skinned, and strongly built atoran woman, spoke endlessly.

“I am telling you,” Sub-commander Milstti spoke from her seat to the left of Alexei, face level with his despite the height difference in the chairs, “I’ve read the reports on these aliens we are fighting, and I am for the first time glad we got the Novalisk upgrades. Having this synth-body will finally come in handy.”

Alexei only half listened, indulging her only partially, “Why’s that?” he had switched over to reading a report on weapon calibrations, his voice distracted.

She laughed, “Well, for one the cyberbrain aug things or whatever the hell you call them have improved my reaction time. And it doesn’t absorb toxins.”

For a moment that threw Alexei off. Sure that was good, who wouldn’t like to be able to walk through nerve gas? But that was only truly important in battlefield scenarios, where the combat-forms were used and the synth-bodies less so. Unless she was meaning something else entirely. It only dawned upon Alexei when he took the time to glance over at his sub-commander and saw the devious smile upon her face. He sighed, “By god, is that all you atoran think about? Life isn’t just fighting and fucking.”

Milstti shrugged, “I won’t disagree there, but it certainly is what is best in life, and this body will let me touch ‘em without my brain rotting inside my skull. I’m telling you, I will have one on each arm and another in-between my legs an hour after we are done shooting at ‘em.”

“Suit yourself Milstti,” the Commander turned his attention back to his reports, all of them being the all-clear at this point, and began to type his orders into the holographic console, “I just want to get paid.”

She nodded, “Still, if you have the body you might as well use it. Others won’t be so lucky, they’ll get caught between the Ty’s thighs and never get out.”

Giving Milstti a small incredulous glance, Alexei shook his head and sighed before opening the general communications between his flagship and the rest of the fleet, “Invasion Force Theta, this is Commander Alexei, the attack in exactly seven minutes. The landing force shall follow once we give the all-clear.” He closed the channel and looked at his report screen once more, further all clears coming in. At the same time he could hear the familiar hum of the ship’s singularity reactor vibrating as it was fed neutronium. Soon they would be in the system, fighting to claim some alien rock for a callous corporation. At least they paid well.

Isa’ana System

Roughly one AU from the terrestrial world of the system a wormhole cracked and swirled into existence, pouring forth light and exotic particles in equal measure as two points in space were bridged. It started small, not even the size of a pin’s head, but quickly grew to several kilometers in diameter over the space of a minute. Over that time the light and particles pouring out turned from a stream to a flood until, in but a blink, space filled with the forms of a fleet. A moment later the wormhole sealed shut in a most insignificant manner, only a final spray of exotic particles announcing the return to normalcy.

The ships, however, remained.

They were eighty eight in number, three hundred and eighty four robotic drones floating around them like a swarm of smooth metal bees. Of the eighty eight proper vessels three were battlecruisers, each a kilometer long and thin, eight were cruisers and appeared much like downsized versions of the battlecruisers, and twelve were armour cruisers. The armoured cruisers were wider and bulkier than their normal counterparts, covered in heavier plating as their name implied. Thirty two of the vessels were destroyers, screening vessels for the most part, and an equal number of frigates were present. The frigates had no weapons of their own, but the drones were slaved to them in a ration of twelve drones for each frigate.

The last, and largest, vessel was the []Pitlord[/i]. It was easily one and a quarter kilometers long, its hull composed of massive plates of riveted metal and bristling with massive turrets. The vessel was in the shape of a knife’s handle, bulky and with flat planed edges, and a central spinal barrel dominated the heart of the vessel and protruded from its bow roughly a dozen meters. It headed the tetrahedron formation that quickly took shape, the other three capital ships taking the other corners as the remaining vessels filled the bulk of the formation.

All the vessels emanated heat and active sensor pings, the destroyers most actively scouring the system with their sensors as they attempted to identify any threats. The vessels ploughed towards the world, their gravity wells held as close to the tips of their vessels as was possible.

Cilistia Novaren says: Look, I cant read while eating, your posts usually end in my having a strange feeling of dread, nausea, or slight arousal, or all at the same time.

Vipra says: In the Grim-Darkness of my spare time, there is only War... And cat-people boning...
Foxfire Rose says: I am Xiscapia and I approve this message.

Kostemetsia says: The atoran: a walking interplay of sex and violence.

Valinon says: Rule of cool does not equal a defense against wanton stupidity

Ty-Ralyain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ty-Ralyain » Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Ira'Ana system
Ira'Ana orbit
Ty'Ralyain Fleet cluster

The system had the single green and blue ball that was the jungle/hive planet of Ira'Ana along with a slowly floating oblong shape that was a captured asteroid turned moon. Just outside the gravitational grip of the moon was a selection of ships. There were twenty-three in total, and a motley array and assortment. They were all separate and different, selected from a plethora of other alien nations and empires, or simply snatched along the many trade routes that ran along the galaxy.

There were Ty'Ralyain Sleipnirs, with their blackened wedge like shapes floating just on the outside of the collective herd. Among them were human military vessels, destroyers and cruisers mostly but the lone battleship was still among them, purchased by a rather scrupulous group. Among them were also a selection of civilian freighters mounted with a bewildering amount of foreign and native armaments and cannons.

Everything from Ty'Ralyain plasma cannons to one superluminal plasma column snagged from a planet that was a right bugger and a few Magna cannons stolen from the various Imperiums of the galaxy. Added to this was the array of bolted or welded on plating also stolen from others ships, giving the entire fleet a ungainly and piece-meal look.

The fleet was set into an orbit just along the same path and speed as the moon, preventing a catastrophic collision but keeping the fleet generally shielded behind the object. Running from this collection were several shuttles, keeping with the same conglomeration manner as their older cousins. They ferried supplies up and down from the ships and the various hives on the planets surface, trailing munitions, food, livestock and of course culling victims between them.

The various were also stolen or built by Ty'Ralyain hands, with the occasional Harridan, with its distinctive wedge shape while others like Imperial fighters dodged in the haphazard mix. Even included was a massive civilian cruiser, modified from a bulk surface freighter into a massive ship, heavily armored and mounted with a huge cannon that stretched further than the entire length of the ship, looking more like two of the shuttle smashed together.

All in all, it was a ridiculously jumbled and mixed group seemingly ludicrous in its notions as a naval power. And yet, they had stolen those vessels and plagued shipping lanes for centuries proving how effective the cannibalization was.

Matriarch Velyi sat on her command throne, smiling widely from ear to ear. She was overjoyed at the latest conquest they had just achieved. Her and her band had just returned from a successful raid upon a variety of civilian cargo ships returning with plenty of slaves and salvage. One of the vessels had just arrived as well, undergoing a refit and turn into another of the bizarre warships that complimented her fleet.

She herself was on her own vessel, a Sleipnir, much preferring a Ty'Ralyain ship over anything the other species of the galaxy forged. It was an elegant craft, wedge-like but with a simple tapered point. The four ridges were fully armed with the plasma cannons of the ship, branching out like spines. Roughly seven to a ridge of the massive barreled affairs, each a testament to spatial warfare.

However, the armament had nothing on the speed and maneuverability of the ship. It had six giant engines that were easily capable of propelling the medium weight craft at tremendous speeds while the near 360 degree firing arc enabled it to fire from nearly any position.

Velyi sat back, smirking to herself contemplating on the next raid location and how it would be conducted. Her thoughts were broken by a sudden shout from her sensor arch.

“A fleet of hostile ships have been detected jumping in, several light minutes from the starboard bow. On the other side of the moon of course.”

It seemed the prey had come to her instead. Well, that suited her just fine. Meant she didn't have to hunt down their asses this time. “How many and composition?”

The sensor matron gave a minute pause, looking over the various streams of data that ran off the screen before her. It glowed lightly in the otherwise dark room. Well, actually it would be pitch black to any unaided human. Ty'Ralyains saw in the infrared spectrum.

“Roughly... Eighty-Eight ships, the majority looking like destroyers and... Freighters? Why would they bring freighters here?” The Freighters of course were the frigates, but without the weapons on board they were simply mistaken.

“They are also lined up in a battle sphere from the looks of it.” She concluded with a quick nod, looking up at her Matriarch.

“Well, then. Relay the positions and compositions to the fleet and prepare for engagement. Full out, no holds bared. Let's have a right proper stomp.” She grinned, relishing the feeling before battle. There was nothing like a ship battle. Sure, the terrestrial navies nearly topped it with the giant barrels and massive sized ships, but this topped it. Giant ships, kilometers long engaging each other at long ranges with huge weapons. The mere thought of it sent a shiver down Vylia's spine.

And with that the twenty-three ships flitted out from behind the moon, eager for blood. Like a pack of locust they swarmed out from behind, with hundreds of their shuttles an fighters already deployed and hurtling alongside their larger mothers and cousins.

The massive battleship flitted out and took up position in the spearhead formation of the fleet, although there was no pretense of discipline or solidarity of the Ty'Ralyain vessels, there still was a lethal menace to the number. The battleship took up its position and began the engagement by firing out the single superluminal plasma column mounted squarely on the top deck of the ship. The entire column lit up in a blue aura, lines and wraiths of energy circling and gliding around it. It suddenly ignited in a blinding flash of light, scalding all human eyes gazing upon it. The Ty'Ralyains merely cheered as they saw a shadow of light flicker from it.

The bolt of super-hot energy speared forward, rushing like a bat out of hell into the more organized fleet in several degrees above c with magical technologies long lost to this galaxy. It immediately punctured a gliding frigate, piercing it from stern-to-aft in a single shot, carbonizing, melting, and buckling any pretense of protection from before.

The vast amount of the ships then in turn let out with their noiseless weapons. Missiles in their thousands streamed out in the initial barrage, ships fully emptying their coffers in their hurry to decimate the foe. Bright lances of light from laser batteries grazed forth, followed by bolts of plasma and then the massive kinetic rounds of magna cannons and others.

The ungainly shuttle with its too big of a gun, fired out in a cough of smoke, sending out a massive slug the size of a skyscraper careening forth. The entire ship buckled and appeared about to break into pieces, alarming the crew. It held beyond all belief sending it forth to fire two more rounds.

Vylia grinned at the devastation already wrought and spewed forth by her sisters. It pleased her greatly to simply see such power at the hand of mere mortals, power to split stars and tear the very fabric of reality asunder in its multitude now turned into the most carnal of desires. Warfare and aggression.

“Helm, bring us on a bearing of 1580-376. Gunnery, prepare first spine.”

A symphony of replies came back, and the entire vessel shuddered as it altered its course to port. The lateral side was brought to bear towards the invading fleet. As the movement completed the order to fire escaped from Vylia's lips.

The entire Sleipnir shuddered as seven of her cannons exhaled white-hot bolts of plasma towards the enemy.

“Helm, bring us in rotation of nineteen degrees. Slow burn.” She said carefully, checking the math over in her head. The rather quick pivot would bring her second spine to bear against a higher vessel and begin the slow roll of her ship. Sleipnir Matriarchs had found a particularly useful skill in the build of the vessel. With the four spines of guns, a slow roll would give an almost continuous flurry of gunfire into the enemy vessels.

“Gunnery, begin continuous fire.”

-First spine, recharge. Second, fire. Third prepare-

The crackle of the radio echoed in the heated bowels of the Sleipnir among the gun crews. “You heard the lass! Put yer backs into it!” The forewoman cried out, replied by a gruff fuck off. The various crews cycled and checked the plasma conduits running from the bowels of the ship's reactors to the barrel of the massive cannon. The various tubes ran ionized gas and cooling agents between to ensure a steady rate of fire.

The crew loaded up another conductor column, slamming it into place with a hissing burst. When a quick chirp echoed along the spine, the entire barrel shuddered as it fired, hurling another bolt of plasma towards the enemy. Then the process began again.

A quick message burst went down to the various hives located deep into the planet's crust. Each were deep and far reaching built to house millions of matrons and everything supporting them, from foundries, to farms, to the slave pens. They went down fifteen hundred feet deep, drilled in the solid rock by thousands of drills.

The message was simply one of alert and readiness, informing the various occupants of the 'civilian' society of the attack of a enemy fleet in high orbit and that success was not likely for the defense group. This only made morale soar. If it wasn't they probably would've been a bit dour and upset they didn't get to partake in the grueling even that is warfare.

Each hive fired up into hundreds of duties of actions, ready and prepared to give the invaders a bloody nose and vicious beating before they kidnapped and captured them all. They'd show them a right good stomping and why you don't invade a Ty'Ralyain world.

Exocrine firebases were erected and built in the jungles, prepared to engage any drop pods or ships as well as make a right mess of any assembly areas. Tervigons and Mawlocs were readied and prepared to assault the landing areas among hundreds of Harridans fully loaded into air superiority to ensure the minimal number of foe landed in the otherwise unforgiving jungle.

Tunnels were inspected and checked, ensuring secondary assault routes and areas of attack to evade and swarm the enemy, allowing teams of matrons to escape to the surface and wage guerrilla warfare in the jungle that, oh so suited their style of warfare.

Entire hives bristled with energy and excitement, pleased at the potential, if not certainty of war.
"Hmm, you are organic aren't you? I suppose you'll make a great father then!
The Nation-Page means nothing. Equal to zilch, nada, nothing. If you want to know about the Ty'Ralyains check below. ↓↓↓
Book o' facts

A bunch of nymphomaniac, raider, Kerrigan-esque, piratey, decentralized, alien women.

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Tue May 22, 2012 12:15 am

Chaos was to be expected in any combat scenario, even among battle hardened mercenaries and former soldiers. They knew all too well the hazards of combat, but were able to keep the pandemonium to a controlled level as they blustered and busied themselves with raised voices within the bridge. Some tapped fervently at their consoles, others pored over incoming information from the destroyers, and still more calmly triangulated firing solutions with the aid of the onboard AI. For their part, the highest ranking officers on the ship were in a similar situation, XO Mulstti having a direct feed of the sensor data and Alexei having to command the entire force.

“That, that is a lot of mass...” Mulstti raised a hairless eyebrow at the outpour of figures redirected to her chair’s holographic display, “Like, wow, I think they shot a fucking building at us. Yep, they did. What the hell do they do, take everyone’s junk and turn it into ships?”

Alexei was too busy to respond at first, alternating between tapping at the keypad upon his command chair and his armlet. The figures coming in weren’t exactly bad, definitely weren’t good either. The armament was fairly typical of a pirate haven, and he had been involved in clearing out more than his fair share, but even he had to admit a sky-scraper gun was new. Of course, he was more concerned about the weaponry coming from the proper military ships. The q-ships and various converted craft were the lesser threat compared to the home-grown warships or those they had managed to capture. The fact he had brought his fleet in on the wrong side of the moon was going to hurt, but these things happened when you couldn’t afford a probe-drop.

“Separate the fleet into the four base components and prepare to take fire, have the drones prepare a full counter-missile barrage followed up by both a quick strike and an anti-ship volley. Have the battlecruisers begin long ranged selective fire upon priority targets using energy weapons. Have the destroyers keep up the screen, and prepare for a simultaneous wormhole deployment from four angles utilizing the raildrivers. Heat up the spinal and have it ready to fire the moment the wormhole opens, I want to hit these bitches right in the ass the split second it opens.”

He didn’t need to hear any responses to know his orders went through, the display in front of him showing the fleet splitting apart.

The fleet of eighty eight vessels very quickly became four fleets of twenty two, the three rear corners of the tetrahedron formation splitting off and forming their own. Each of the formations was headed by a capital ship with the three other corners tipped by an armoured cruiser. As the craft drew apart the drones unleashed three synchronized volleys, the first of the massive Multiple Warhead screening-missiles, the second of small if faster fission missiles, and the last of the moderate sized armour piercing anti-shipping missiles. There totalled three hundred and eighty four of each missile fired from the fleet for a total of roughly one thousand one hundred and fifty.

The fission missiles, despite being smaller, devoted far more of their bulk to fuel than the other missiles and quickly outpaced the other missiles as their nuclear saltwater rockets threw them passed the ICBM sized screening-missiles and into the oncoming wave of missiles. They did their best to avoid any oncoming missiles and kinetics, actively weaving around them with booster rockets and manoeuvring bursts. Should they reach their targets, the weakest and smallest among the Ty’Ralyain forces, they would detonate into a shaped nuclear explosion that, even if it didn’t kill, would damage the craft significantly. Given how far they had to go though, they were a distraction more than anything else.

Behind them were the massive screening missiles, moving at a fair pace for their bulk as their own fusion torches burned bright. Once they had closed a fair distance the missiles showed their true purpose, splitting apart and detonating in a small explosion as a hundred warheads tore from each missile. The warheads, each clad with its own fusion torch, instantly ignited and sought out a target missile or fighter. Once within the range of a few thousand kilometers the shaped fusion warheads detonated, each sending out a cone of volatile and violently destructive cosmic radiation. This would at the very least create a wave of radiation powerful enough to disrupt sensors, allowing the anti-shipping missiles to get that much closer before point defence could start upon them.

The last wave were the anti-shipping missiles, each fat with a penetrating tip and delayed-detonation warhead that would ensure the explosion occurred within the hull or armour of a vessel struck by one. These missile, ploughing behind their brothers and sisters, would pass through the detonations of the screening-missiles during their detonations. Their sensors and targeting systems were joined, not a common solution among Imperial tacticians, but in this case it would allow the anti-shipping missiles to skirt their detonating siblings and evade targeting for that much longer as they passed through the chaos.

The missiles though were only part of the Horizon mercernary assault, and the moment after the last launch the capital ships opened up upon the Ty’Ralyain position with their grasers, xasers, and higher tier lasers. Of course, it was around this time that the spinal plasma mount of the Ty’Ralyain battleship arrived. This turned out not to be for the health of one of the Horizon frigates, the superluminal round colliding with one of the frigates in the Pitlord’s fleet, tearing through it much like a bayonet stuffed down the throat of a rat. The effect was instantaneous, the fuel and reactor of the vessel breached in a single moment and unleashing all their potential energy in a single brilliant moment. The vessel ruptured and was flung apart as a nebula formed from expanding degenerate neutronium, the brilliantly coloured gasses billowing behind the ionized exit wound of energy weapon.

“What the fuck was that?!” Mulstti’s shout reflected the disbelief and shock of the rest of the bridge crew.

Alexei couldn’t say he had seen that before, and it was certainly more than a little shocking, “All ships, concentrate fire on the enemy battleship that fired that thing, I want it fucking gone now!” His orders were sent out to the rest of the fleet almost as quickly as he could speak them, and they were all too happy to oblige him, “We will continue the wormhole-transported barrage, but that vessel takes priority.”

Alexei glanced at the holographic display, a dull gray dot placed within it where the frigate had just been. The company wouldn’t be happy about this, that ship had cost a shitload and now its drones had to be slaved to the other craft, a long process that would make them slightly less efficient but still useable. Alexei, for his part, was just glad he didn’t personally know anyone on that ship.

“Barrage incoming,” This voice came from neither Mulstti or Alexei, instead one of the bridge crew calling out.

Alexei subconsciously braced in his chair.

The first wave of Ty’Ralyain kinetic and plasma weaponry arrived as the four fleets began to each form a miniature wormhole, most kinetics going wild as they are want to do in the vast expanse of space and the majority of plasma following suit. Yet some, either by blind luck or some unaccountable skill, managed to strike home. No less than three kinetic rounds slammed into the hull of a battlecruiser, pock marks scarring its surface as gasses puffed out of a solitary new opening. Flames soon followed and were quickly extinguished. Other vessels were likewise struck, their hulls’ plating tearing and scarring from the assault. Plasma from the Sleipnir seared across the surface of the Pitlord, the cold-plasma shield and magnetic field turning what would have been a direct strike into a glancing blow. Yet even glancing blows are damaging, and the hull plating withered and melted where it met the powerful bolt.

Other craft didn’t fare so well, five of the stationary drones left behind by the destroyed frigate torn down by enemy fire and writhing in space as their neutronium fuel tore through their armour with enough force to tear plates of armour off and send them reeling the space in opposite directions. Still more drones, active ones, took hits and careened lifeless through space as either their connections to their master vessel was broken or their gravity impellers were busted by the trauma.

Only five more proper vessels fell to the barrage, and this was to be expected of an initial powerful attack. Three destroyers were struck down, two managing to only take skirting hits that damaged their superstructure and disallowed them from using their gravity impellers any longer while the other was struck square and went dark. The neutronium storage and singularity reactor were not destroyed, but the vessel simply floated without signal or other sign of activity through space. One armoured cruiser bore the brunt of a concentrated assault, plasma and surviving fighters harrying it to no end until, forcing to push itself away from the onslaught even as the destroyers around it poured out laser point defence and attempted to pick off the fighters, it was struck by one of the gargantuan kinetic rounds. It careened, hit only with a glancing blow, but the force was such that a gouging tear was torn from bow to stern through the vessel and the neutronium fuel gushed out like in scorching hot blood that tore out the innards of the craft. Lastly a cruiser was the subject of the surviving missiles. It put up a valiant fight, the destroyers around it likewise supplying as much point defence as they could, and the gravity well of the vessel managed to crush or otherwise redirect numerous missiles. Yet the numbers that got through were too many, and the vessel was left torn and spinning through space.

The surviving vessels prepared their counter attack, the wormholes fully charged with negative energy and opening to the sides, behind and above the enemy fleet a scant few thousand kilometers from it. Each of the fleets began to pour whatever kinetics they had and redirected their energy weapons through the wormholes, entering on their end and instantly pouring out of the exit close to the Ty’Ralyain fleet. The kinetics, magnetically accelerated rounds, barrelled out at significant speeds even as the energy weapons danced around them. The Pitlord in particular launching a single round from its spinal mount.

The spinal mount was a larger version of the dual-spinal mounted on the Imperial Brute class battleships, lacking two spinals but making up for it with size. The entire length of the barrel, near spanning the whole craft, radiated with heat as the raildriver launched out its payload. The round was nowhere near the size of those launched by the Ty’Ralyain Frankenstein vessel, but it was more specialized.

As it exited the wormhole the long round split apart into five segments, each detonating into hundreds of smaller sharp-tipped penetrator rounds. Each of the now independent penetrators ignited small fusion boosters, powering and correcting their trajectory. They were designed to penetrate through, or into, armour. From there internal explosives within the penetrator would detonate. The first and seconds waves were intended to weaken and remove armour respectively, and the third to gut the innards of the target vessel. The other two waves were redundancy and failsafes.

This terrible round, along with all the energy weapons and other kinetics poured out by the fleets, converged on the Ty’Ralyain formation from four angles even as the missiles began to meet them from the front.

Cilistia Novaren says: Look, I cant read while eating, your posts usually end in my having a strange feeling of dread, nausea, or slight arousal, or all at the same time.

Vipra says: In the Grim-Darkness of my spare time, there is only War... And cat-people boning...

Ty-Ralyain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ty-Ralyain » Tue May 22, 2012 12:43 am

Ira'Ana system
Ira'Ana orbit
Ty'Ralyain Fleet cluster

The hodgepodge suffered several casualties and lost many ships in the first barrage of the enemy invaders. Multiple smaller shuttles and q-ships had all but been obliterated as they ventured too far out of the intermeshing point defense of the larger ships. Their broken and shattered carcasses floated listlessly through space, turning end over end in a never ending spin.

A few Sleipnir's had been destroyed, one suffering first a blow from a ship penetrator missile, throwing off its rotating firing. In the gory mess that followed, the wedge like craft angled away still firing off its spinal guns into its own sisters. A few merchant ships were rent apart in the fury of the plasma cannons, splitting into halves and shattered steel.

The main battleship that made up the core of the spearhead suffered a few grazing shots, with near catastrophic blows dealt to the superstructure being prevented by other ships, unlucky enough or daring enough to suffer a blow to fell such a massive beast. The rest pinged off the gravtic, kinetic, thermal and the other motley assortment of shielding and point defense measures falling to the wayside of the fleet.

All in all twelve ships had been torn asunder, leaving the majority of the converted ships turned into little more than scrap. The remaining were the true war ships.

The spearhead though, was too invested in the forward movement so when the tetrahedron split up it found itself located within the middle of multiple avenues of firing. To make up for this sudden outmaneuvering several of the ships on the right flank, performed tactical FTL jumps placing themselves out on a line more stretched out and similar to a crescent enveloping one of the broken away segments.

As the fleet reorganized itself into an even line simply to provide more volume of fire against the enemy, they let out another barrage. This time with full guns. Several batteries and lances that had previously been charging during the initial charge of the Ty'Ralyians added their volume to the fire. The massive battleship tilted on its pivot and turned its port side of 238 graser cannons firing in an astronomical point blank scenario. The massive spine gun answered out the fire as well, the massive column of superluminal plasma skewering towards any hapless ship in its way.

The shuttle with the ungainly building gun, adjusted its course letting out a three resounding rounds out. Each was felt by the crews of neighboring ships, the simple energy of the weapon shaking and reverberating within. However, its triumphant surge forward was cut short by a sudden ship penetrator running it from front to back in a rippling detonation. The few rounds it had stored left erupted in an inferno, scattering a few nearby fighters and causing a innumerable collisions.

However, in the second wave of kinetic and plasma rounds boarding torpedoes erupted out, looking just like a typical magna shell but loaded with a much deadlier payload.
The Nation-Page means nothing. Equal to zilch, nada, nothing. If you want to know about the Ty'Ralyains check below. ↓↓↓
Book o' facts

A bunch of nymphomaniac, raider, Kerrigan-esque, piratey, decentralized, alien women.

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Tue May 22, 2012 8:11 am

“Well, at least we cleaned out the trash...”

Mulstti’s comment did nothing to ease Alexei’s mood, the commander viewing the many damage reports coming in with dissatisfied eyes. This was why using prototype craft didn’t pay off, they were boatloads cheaper but the losses were simply atrocious compared to the real deal. One of the battlecruisers was reporting a failure to fire in one of its capital graser banks, a mechanical error unrelated to the battle crippling one of its eight main batteries. There was not feasible manner for them to repair it during the battle, such would have to wait until after the fireworks were over. Right now they, and the other craft suffering similar problems, would have to carry on with due caution.

Not that these pirates were allowing it.

Their persistence was an infuriating reminder of other Fringe pirate havens, their garrisons bloated with vessels stripped of expensive FTL drives and just waiting to scrap any attack too weak to obliterate them. It wasn’t like the last-stand mentality was unknown either, pirates typically fought to the last given the fate that awaited them if captured. It made things complicated, like this matter. Of course Alexei and his outfit weren’t being paid so well because it was supposed to be easy, and his force wasn’t outfitted for tearing down pirate havens. It didn’t help that during all the other pirate-haven attacks he had been an Imperial soldier, and just an XO on a destroyer. Life liked to test people it seemed.

His eyes watched the Ty’Ralyain movements within the holodisplay, watching them focus on one of his fleets exclusively. He would have done the same, it made logical sense to divide and conquer, and it would certainly allow them to last that much longer compared to dividing themselves into bite-size chunks. Still, he knew how to react to this matter, opening comms to the rest of his force, “Fleet, follow these orders-”

The fleet that had been separated had been one to suffer the loss of a cruiser and a destroyer, forcing it to fall back as the Ty’Ralyain force advanced. The fleet made use of random walking, each vessel’s AI using the gravity impeller to change the direction of acceleration at random. This would ensure fewer enemy shots struck home, as the ships would only rarely be where projected. This did disorganize the fleet’s formation however, making the point defence less effective. It was a small sacrifice though, given that point defence lasers had little hope of stopping rail and plasma rounds.

The other fleets reoriented themselves to strike upon the flanks of the Ty’Ralyain vessels, all three moving to close the distance between themselves and the pirates even as they lashed out with energy weapons. The beleaguered fleet itself poured out a continuous barrage of graser and xaser fire, heavy lasers darting out from many of the craft, and powerful kinetics being thrown towards their harassers from the battlecruiser and its smaller cruiser classed compatriots. The drones from all fleets, apart from those left behind by the destroyed frigate, let loose several more salvoes of their deadly cargo, those outside the crescent of the Ty’Ralyain firing three solid volleys of anti-shipping missiles while those within deployed the same three waves as the initial volley that served as a screening and attack measure at the same time.

During this time the harried fleet still had to deal with the onslaught from the remaining pirates. Plasma scalded the armour plating of several vessels, scorching across their hulls and rendering riveted plates useless as they warped and ruptured to send out a small spray of hardening fluid that was kept between segments of armour to act as a buffer and automatically seal openings. Kinetics buffered against hulls, snarling armour and tearing it up in long gashes. The grasers were perhaps the most worrisome, cutting down many of the drones before they could fully unleash their salvoes. Two more frigates were made helpless, the rays boring deep into their hulls and leaving them to glide through space without guidance as their drones continued to fire. A destroyer, however, was not so lucky. It caught the spinal upon its dorsal edge, the plasma tearing off its cold plasma field and snagging roughly a fifth of the rest of the vessel in the blast that caused the fuel to rupture in another miniature nebula.

The battlecruiser also bore it own wounds, but being a capital ship it withstood them better than most. The hull’s heavy plating soaked up numerous plasma shots, the areas struck becoming pockmarked indentations as the armour sublimed into gas from the sheer heat and was cast off or drawn into the cold-plasma field. Grasers lanced through the field as well, striking upon the hull in displays of light and heat that sundered small portions of the hull and caused the fluid kept within to seep out and harden, while some of the other cosmic rays were redirected by the powerful magnetic fields surrounding the vessel. It was scarred, wounded even as numerous turrets ground to a halt or listlessly rotated, but it was still in the fight.

Lastly were the boarding torpedoes. Those that made it through the wave of missile point defence and then the lasers that lashed out to strike out their brethren struck home upon one of the fleet’s armoured cruisers. These boarding craft would disgorge their passengers into veritable killing fields, the marines aboard the vessel inside practically robotic combat-forms as opposed to synth-bodies and wielding enough firepower to put down heavy powered armour. The halls, many doorways, bulkheads, and turns ensured it was on par with the very worst bunker assaults. The use of sonic grenades that could penetrate through metals and ceramics in a ten foot long cone to melt away the lipid bi-layers of organic life would also aid with the defence.

Ty-Ralyain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ty-Ralyain » Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Arch By'liu was a part of the first boarding pods that had managed their way through the ships heavy defenses, and slammed into the side of a hapless cruiser. The torpedo itself was a wedge to the extreme with massive angled ridges that veered off the main chassis for about a meter. The spinals were crafted from heavy steel plates that were grinded to a near mono-molecular edge and ended in a tip designed to cut through the thickest of ship armor. While they normally were used against civilian freighters, against military ships they still had their uses although were much more limited.

Among roughly the fifty that made it through the barrage only thirteen were loaded with matron teams. The rest were equipped with auto guns designed to tear any infantry trying to respond to the infantry pods, stopping enough reinforcements to enable the matrons to establish a beachhead on the enemy ship. However, these were roughly only twenty-three and spread out along the outer formation of pods. The fourteen that were left were almost literal torpedoes. They were designed to slash through the enemy decks and detonate within the innards of the enemy ship.

By'Liu's torpedo soon made it to the enemy hull, the sudden screech of tearing metal confirming her suspicions. The heavy jostling that accompanied the violent insertion was also a good sign. Then again, it was a bumpy ride in as well, judging from the volume of counter fire. Her boarding pod spiraled and sliced through a few decks, piercing through the first few surface ones and landing within the more inner decks of the ship. The front tip blew out in a violent explosion, throwing off the heavy lid and opening up the path for the forty something matrons within.

By'Liu let out a yell and her warband surged out, a mass of matrons all charging outwards with their weapons firing at anything that moved. The majority of her group was armed with the typical Le'the rifle while a few had specialist weapons such as the Me'eisu and the Pe'usi. As they surged out she could hear the distinct chatter of the heavy machine gun sentries and the loud whumps of the more literal torpedoes detonating within the superstructure of the vessel.

Matriarch O'liq swore as she watched the various movements of the invaders through a holographic display. They had drawn them in expertly, causing them to latch on to a outer fleet and commit to the fight against them. Luckily, O'liq hadn't fully committed her forces, and had suffered so far minor casualties from the closing of the noose. They could still escape and ruin this trap.

O'liq was the captain of the battleship, a place she took with great pride and enabled her to completely control the pirate's motley crew.

"Comms, open up to all ships." She spoke quickly, glancing around the display and trying to figure out a vector they could form a spearhead to drive apart the wedge again. This many ships meant they couldn't attack head on, even in a wedge to split the sphere. If they tried it they most likely could get them to split up again, but the casualties in the q-ships and the near annihilation of them simply meant that to try that again would cause the fleet to go back down in flames. Then again, it wasn't much like they would be winning this fight. Pirates generally lost against full military especially in greater numbers.

However, she could simply draw back to the moon and use the spinal to snipe the enemy vessels and use the smaller ones in a pincer movement from behind the moon at any ships moving to engage. It would hopefully cause chunks to break off to engage them enabling her fleet to whittle down the invaders. Hopefully. Unless of course, they read what she was doing and simply committed full forces. It was simply the only thing they had in their pocket though.

The majority of the ships shifted around only for the moment, pointing towards the moon in the distance if only for a moment. The various ships ceased their return fire against the enemy vessels and stood still for a few seconds, their engines powering up. While it did cause a few ships to suddenly burst from the fire pouring down on them from all sides, the majority made the sudden jump, extending out in a sudden shaft of their selves, the entire vessels leaping in sudden bursts of insane velocities and easing to the dark side of the moon.

The battleship strode the top of the moon, turning on its mid-point to adjust the spinal gun towards the fleet of invaders, powering up the various system running it. It wouldn't fire for about another minute as its systems powered back up from the jump, and worked the energy into the massive piece of ancient alien hardware. The smaller vessels circled around behind the moon, using the moments respite to give minor and haphazard repairs as they could allow while still trying to be ready to engage any ships trying to head back against the batteship.

However, one particular ship suffered a catastrophic failure in the process of jumping. A Sleipnir before hand, the black vessel aimed and prepared to fall back, had jumped at a fateful moment. An enemy destroyer had flitted just before it, blocking the massive object that suddenly propelled to hyper-velocities in the few spans of miliseconds. It sheared into the craft, gutting the enemy destroyer, and spilling out its guts in a twisting and shifting mass of metal and molten steel, the mid-point broken and shattered by the cruiser turned torpedo.

The Sleipnir itself disintegrated almost entirely by the sudden and jarring impact, the entire beast ripping asunder from the bow. The outer skin of the vessel warped and shifted, curling towards the enemy destroyer in a slight embrace of white-hot and molten steel. It suffered spinal detonations, further rupturing from its gun batteries overheating in sudden blooms of plasma. The engines were the last to go, exploding in a massive fireball engulfing both vessels in a miniature supernova melting them into a massive lump of slag.
Book o' facts

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 am

“All right you assholes, we have a shitstorm coming, get ready for it to hit the fan!” No sooner had Tokki spoken than the first of the boarding pods began slamming into the innards of the cruiser. They violated the innards of the vessel like aggressive parasites, disgorging passengers deep within the vessel, cutting down crew with automated weaponry, or detonating and further rending the ship asunder. The ship quaked like a wounded animal as the superstructure snapped and twisted, bleeding coolant internally. Gravity shut down, blood spurting from a severed arm to flow through the air towards a small opening in the hull and sucked out into the cold void beyond.

No matter how well prepared you were, such destruction trashed the senses. The mercenaries tasked with stopping seizure of the vessel occurring were marines, each in a combat form designed with zero gravity and vacuum based combat in mind. They had the advantage that, when tossed around by detonations and pressure waves that could not be stopped by bulkheads, they only felt small flickers of pain as their ceramic, metal, and fullerene bodies slammed into walls, corners, and into other objects. Others, those that had refused the upgrade, were less lucky. Some were unconscious, others dead, a limb shattered or ribs crushed, one pirouetting through the air with a few head tendrils hanging on only by the smallest slivers of flesh after being near shorn off by the sharp edge of an open bulkhead.

Tokki and the other marines ignored the wounded and gore, reorienting themselves as rapidly as they could before splitting into five squads of eleven each. One squad was already compromised, the explosions disabling the majority of them before they could even form up, forcing the remaining five to take on the burden. Each squad wielded a variety of weapons, the majority being Karatok 18mm combat rifles with underslung 40mm barrels while other soldiers wielded shotguns, light machine gun, and one in each group carried about amount to a mobile short-barrelled gatling cannon. Ahead of the mercenaries, grenade sized drones floated, dashing around corners and sending all they saw in their wide range of vision back to their masters’ HUDs.

This made knowing when to throw grenades far easier, and would make handling the automated turrets far less bloody than having to poke a head around the corner to take peek. The squads, whenever they encountered such a drone turret, would simply cluster together two HE grenades and chuck them as close as possible before pulling themselves to safety through the zero gravity of the halls and holding on tight. Even if the blast didn’t destroy the turret, the force would dislodge it and forcibly shunt it from the ship. The halls and superstructure, however, would be further scorched, torn, and debilitated by the expansive detonation.

Fighting moving targets such as the boarding matrons was a different matter altogether. The lucky squad to first encounter them was Tokki’s.

Taking cover behind a bulkhead, Tokki cursed internally as she heard the distinct pulse of coil guns and the grunt of air rushing from someone’s lungs. Well, someone was clearly fucked and Tokki couldn’t be bothered to save their ass as the Matrons. Being in a combat zone was a bitch, and sometimes there was collateral. Whoever the hell had just got shot, if they were still alive, was about to become that. Tokki took two HE grenades off her belt, linking them together and throwing them down the hall. A few seconds later they detonated, sending torrents of fire and a concussive wave down the hall, around the corner, and over Tokki. She nearly lost her grip upon the wall, the metal there having twisted and warped under her strong grip.

“Forward you fuckers! Let’s kill us some bitches and cut out their cunts!” Her voice was loud over the comm link between them, disturbingly strong and feminine, but utterly silent to anyone else.

The group pulled around the corner, propelling themselves using foot and hand holds designed to aid with movement through the halls when the artificial gravity was unavailable. As soon as they turned the corner, their drones were caught in a hail of oncoming fire. Most were cut down before they could wisp back to their masters. It was little matter though, the quad knew where their foes were and what to do. Six of the soldiers handed concussion grenades to Tokki, the atoran mercenary cinching them together before chucking them against the far corridor. They would strike, bounce, and carry on down the hallway with alarming celerity for a thrown object; such was the benefit of carbon-muscle.

The detonation warped and twisted the entire hallway, chucking the squad from the wall they hid behind to the opposite roughly as titanium walling buckled and bowed. This was not the cleanest boarding ever, Tokki noted as she gathered herself and launched around the corner with the rest of her squad close behind, but they were never clean. Were there any remaining Matrons in this group, Tokki was at least fairly confident they would be scattered or wounded. It was a simple matter of repeating this tactic and the other squads doing the same. The ship would be left near gutted and damn near a write-off, but the crew would be alive at the very least.

Alexei had thought for a moment that his fleet movements would have been enough to encircle and obliterate the local space forces. Such hopes were dashed against the bulkhead quickly. While his movements had managed to encircle the enemy force and enact a heavy toll upon them, his quarry had slipped from his grasp and back to their asylum on the dark side of the moon. Such a move hadn’t be expected, and the mercenary commander mentally rebuked himself for not accounting for enemy tactical jumps. He would have done the same in their position, regroup and engage in long range bombardment.

Naturally something had to be done to stop them, particularly their battleship, the small vessels being inconsequential compared to the weapon carried by the capital ship.

He watched the holographic display, calming the storm of plans and ideas that all raged for dominance within his mind as he noted the enemy position and his own losses. He had to be careful, he had to think this through. Alexei twisted the display with a flick of his fingers, zooming it in with an inward wave of his hand. The battleship was alone at the moment, the other vessels hidden from direct visual view. This realization was blinding in its beauty. Alexei received an odd look from his XO, the odd smile upon his face something new from him on the battlefield. He knew what had to be done, the enemy battleship had given up its screen.

The four fleets were all in relatively good shape, the loss of the destroyer in the formerly beleaguered fleet a final note of mutual loss for both parties as the fused hulks twisted and glided through space with all the grace of a drunken ballerina and her conjoined twin. There was also the matter of the armoured cruiser that now bore more passengers than was originally intended, the marines and boarders fighting within ruined halls and quickly mounting devastation. The rest of the fleet, however, was recovering admirably.

The four fleets and their remaining drones reoriented themselves towards the moon, each shifting trajectory through the use of their gravity impellers to move in the general direction of the battleship even if not directly at it. At the same time the remaining drones, a handful over three hundred remaining operable, began to pour out volley after volley in rapid succession of small counter missiles and anti-shipping missiles. Over three thousand missiles belted out from the drones, over three fifths of the mixed volley composed of the smaller missiles as they composed themselves into four massed volleys travelling at relative speeds in order to connect with their target at near the same time.

Simultaneously the cruisers and capital ships continued to lance through space with their energy weapons, concentrating the collective lasers, xasers, and grasers of the four fleets upon the relatively small area of space that the battleship could maneuver within. Kinetic weapons were charged and on standby, not useful at these distances and another miniature wormhole sneak attack wouldn’t be ready for another few minutes after the last drain of negative energy unless they dangerously pushed the singularity reactors. For now the assembled mercenary fleet concentrated as much energy and missile fire as was possible upon that one dreadful vessel.

Ty-Ralyain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ty-Ralyain » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:37 pm

By'Liu's team moved quickly and viciously through the various corridors and tight walkways of the enemy cruiser. She had suffered thirteen casualties, mostly critical wounds. The ones that were simply outright killed were left behind, explosives strapped to the underplating of their armor and various tripwires throughout the corridor's access. The idea wasn't really to cause a loss of enemy reinforcements although that did help. It was mainly done as a final 'Fuck you' to the enemy crew, rendering hallways dangerous and likely to simply detonate into a pile of internal slag. Usually acid bombs were used as it was the most psychologically daunting, being consumed in highly corrosive substances tended to make people think twice. Although plenty of plasma grenades and the explosive equipment they managed to snag from enemy bodies.

From the HUD readout the boarding action had mostly been a failure, the majority being killed in the vacuum and the ones that did make it being quickly exterminated by the marines. Attacking civilian freighters apparently caused her sisters to lose their edge. The majority of the turrets were offline as well, reading only about five still functional and only three still with ammunition. Only two other boarding parties were still alive, and one was pinned down in what appeared to be an engineering room.

By'Liu's team moved through, what she could tell, was a barracks of some sort. Judging from the lack of military personnel, or at least the marines, she supposed it was the berthing of the crew or possibly the officers. Regardless of who it belonged to she needed to make it to the bridge and disrupt the ship's operations. At the moment though she could hear the heavy footsteps and clanks coming from the enemy marines. They were an noisy lot that made it rather easy to tell where and when they were coming. The only issue was they were mostly robotic so it made it difficult to eliminate them.

With a hushed whisper through the helmet comms, By'Liu positioned her team into a staggered formation hidden behind the various pieces that sat around in the room. They sat and waited for a few moments, the enemy marines roughly fifty yards away from the entrance. The first entered in, a massive amalgamation of steel and flesh, a large bastard to be sure. The Ty'Ralyain team held their guns for a few tense moments as two more entered with those infernal drones. Several times those floating tin cans had ruined By'Liu's element of surprise and ambushes alerting the invaders to her presence.

This time she didn't give them that chance. She popped up over the table she was behind, raising up the heavy rifle of her Pe'isu. She sighted in the first bastard and squeezed back the trigger, giving out a bit of a thzzt as the bolt of plasma shaped itself and promptly melted through the chest of the victim. Her other sisters popped out of cover with a screech, letting out a salvo of their combined arms. The majority were carrying Kuz'Ra, the shotgun like principle of the weapon proving quite invaluable in these close quarters. The few others were carrying the Ty'Ralyain equivalent of a flamethrower, Me'eisu, or the Pe'isu Plasma rifles.

The marines returned fire, letting out massive darts from their rifles, burrowing through the faceplates of two of the matrons, blowing their heads out through a small hole in the back. The bodies crumpled immediately, falling with a bit of a clatter. One of them tossed a grenade out, arcing it in a rather decent trail that would find itself roughly in the middle of their team. However, one of her matrons had the bright idea to catch it to throw it back. The woman popped up to grab it, leaping out of cover. She did manage to catch it with only a round ripping through her left arm. The grenade though was a sonic grenade, promptly erupting in a blue halo of energy and a high pitched whine that By'Liu's helmet automatically tuned out. At the end of it, the unfortunate matron and three of her sisters were liquefied completely, leaving just a puddle, their armor and weapons turned to soup roughly as well.

Another high pitched burst echoed a final shot of a plasma weapon, ripping through the face plate of an enemy marine, the hulking beast of steel flopping over. The survivors of the Ty'Ralyain now just a little over twenty , staggered up and stripped the useful equipment from the dead and stealing a few grenades from the enemy marines. The rigged the dead to detonate, before running at a quick pace down the corridor.

O'liq felt the deep rumble and shiver of her ship, as the spinal gun fired. Another plume of venting atmosphere and melting metal replied to the column of superheated gas accelerated to multiple degrees past c. It always nudged and nursed this primal feeling whenever the massive weapon fired, making her shiver in delight. However, as soon as the feeling faded it was replaced by a feeling of utmost dread and fear.

When she had pulled back and relocated the fleet, she had wrongly guessed the enemy weapons didn't have the range of her spinal. She had guessed that she would safely be able to fire from the moon, using it a bit like a hill and a sniper on a charging army before drawing back and letting the army behind her finish off the remains. However, it was now apparent that they did have the same range and capability of her weapon.

"Front shields to full, draw power from the spinal. Prepare a tactical jump back behind the moon and into cover." She shouted, her voice hoarse with urgency.

Despite the best efforts of the battleship's crew and her engineering compliment, it was not to be so. The ship was to die today. The front shields pulled up to full and crested a wall of energy and highly focused gravity wells designed to crumple incoming kinetics. The curved wall flared and rippled as the missiles struck, a crest of blue energy blowing out from the impacts and the gradually cracking of the shields.

The shields fully collapsed and rippled back, crumpling beneath the onslaught with a silent scream and an explosion of suddenly released energy, cresting in gouts of plasma and ionized matter. The pillars of energy from the capitols ships, ripped and burned a hole through the remaining shield and slammed into the hull of the vessel with the force of a god.

The prow slammed inwards, crumpling nigh completely as huge gouts and rents were tore in it with pieces of molten metal the size of trucks blowing and tearing away before being ionized in a flickering backwash of energy. The sides of the vessel cracked and tore, splitting from the midline with innumerable cracks and tears running through the seam in glowing white strings. The multitude of side mounted guns, placed in a broadside pattern exploded in a magnificent show, each blowing out in a particularly powerful display of pent of energy backwash. The series of detonations rippled along the sides of the ship in their multitudes.

The massive spinal suffered the most magnificently out of them all. The charge being used to power the shields and prepare a leap away suddenly plowed back into the system as the engines and shields detonated and cut out. The back end of the weapon exploded in a massive fireball engulfing the ship in its entirety with numerous, smaller explosions running along the barrels length and complimented with the detonation of the engines. The entire ship was engulfed in searing plasma and radiation, melting into a massive pile of slag before completely detonating.

The remains of the vessel were no more, nearly vaporizing the god of war in its totality. The mere explosion from the spinal caused a crack in the moon, ripping a massive crater in its surface, blowing out a crater the size of three of the battleships in diameter. A close total of twenty-one thousand kilometers.

The remaining vessels plowed forward in a sudden charge, more of trying to escape the backwash of the battleship's tumultuous death but still managing to throw out their own explosive ordinance before promptly being cut down as well.
Book o' facts

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Cursing silently as a squad’s lifesigns were terminated within her HUD, Tokki rushed through the halls as best she could. Using handholds to throw herself down warped and crippled hallways, careful not to get caught on protruding shafts of torn metal and flailing cables. It was worse than any urban warfare Tokki had had the pleasure of taking part in, buildings rarely managed to remain standing with damage comparable to this. It was to the point where she was more concerned about getting stuck and subsequently torn apart by further warping than any actual combat she might face. Dying lodged against a bulkhead just plain wouldn’t do, and if she survived she would never live it down.

So when she came to an offensive bulkhead, its opening twisted and contorted in manners so that it even looked as though it wanted to grab and hold her, she wasted no time in expanding the opening with a few rounds from her combat rifle. She had to hold on tight and brace herself against the hull with each shot, the lack of gravity complicating matters as the kickback from firing an 18mm rail rifle wanted to throw her down the hallway. It only took a couple rounds to tear the bulkhead open to a comfortable level, each shot shooting out with enough force to ignite the air behind it and warp away the near three inch think metal as they collided with it.

As she once more threw herself forward, Tokki and the rest of her squad sent their drones ahead. They plied through the zero gravity with ease, round corners and taking in everything with mechanical precision. There were bodies here. Tokki’s drone neared one just as she was pulling through the bulkhead opening. She never saw what happened, but from the feed going dead and the reverberating detonations she could hazard a guess, “Mother fucking pirates,” Tokki drew another drone from her belt, the grenade size machine coming to life with the press of a button and connecting to her HUD as it whirred and shot ahead.

Tokki waited at the end of the hallways for the rest of her squad to squeeze through the opening she had widened, grimacing internally when the last in line got half tangled in exposed wire and had to be cut loose. While she had waited the marine commander had looked at a map of the ship and the movements of the pirates. They were heading deeper, towards the bridge. Unlike the pirates though, Tokki had the advantage of knowing her way around the ship and quicker routes. Her squad could intercept them before they reached the bridge, she was confident of that.

Instead of following the pirates the squad took a side route, using ladders and empty access lifts to cut passed several bulkheads and long halls. It seemed to take forever to Tokki, but that was probably just the adrenalin in her system fucking with her head, and after sending the drones out ahead of the last ladder hatch she knew she was ahead of the pirates. The hallway they were going to intercept the boarders within had another hall that connected perpendicular to it. It was within that hall that Tokki and her squad waited, drawing their drones in close and switching them off to maintain utter silence while they waited.

They didn’t have to wait long, a boarder doing a corner check in their direction only a few moments later. Tokki took this opportunity to grab the boarder’s arms, drag her close as she fired roundly pointlessly into Tokki’s feet, and then put a boot on her chest before tearing both limbs in her grip free from their former host. Blood spilled lazily through the air in globules, and combat broke out as Tokki cackled, howled, and screamed with laughter as loud as she could like a woman possessed. She tossed the limbs at the body she had just dismembered and drew her weapon, charging around the hall as one of her people’s own concussion grenades came flying down the hall towards her.

She was instantly met with piercing fire, rounds tearing at her armour plating as plasma singed away at her and acid bathed her. The grenade detonated behind her, throwing her comrades around and clearly knocking one’s brain around hard enough to knock him out. In retaliation Tokki opened fire at waist height, barely able to see where she was firing as rounds slammed repeatedly into the hardened fullerene and ceramic helmet that was her head. As blood spilled into the air to mix with chunks and shavings of armour Tokki never ceased her mad hyena-like laugh.

But a moment later in that tumultuous and chaotic battle things change. Heat, maddeningly hot and enough to melt away both flesh and metal, passed over the ship. In one moment the battle raged within the tight corridors of the vessel, and the next Tokki was looking out into the void of space as part of the ship was torn away like the top off a can. It was only thanks to simple basic reaction that Tokki didn’t get sucked out into the void, letting go of her rifle to grab onto one of the few remaining hand holds as matrons and marines alike were shunted out by the force of decompression into the abyss. She had one free hand, she could only save one, and most were already out of reach as the last of the air was sucked out. All except for one apparently. A form passed by quickly, too quickly for Tokki to think about what she was doing, and she simply reached out and took hold of whatever she could grab. That turned out to be an ankle, an ankle belonging to By’Liu. Tokki could feel the joints in the woman’s leg give out with small pops, and honestly didn’t feel so bad about cause it.

Tokki realized that the matron must have been going around with a separate group to flank her squad, and the temptation to just let go was vast. Instead though Tokki planted her boots against the hull, magnetized them, and quickly stomped inwards until she reached what she hoped was an intact door to an area with air. The bridge, detecting her presence and somehow retaining control over the door despite the extensive damage to the ship, opened it for her. Another gust of air came rushing out, though not fast enough that Tokki couldn’t throw herself and her captive through before the door sealed shut.

Without an extra moment to spare and not giving By’Liu , Tokki snatched the matron close and gave her two quick jabs to the armpits. More sickening pops, this time audible, as the matron’s shoulders were dislocated. Tokki grabbed the woman by her chitinous hair, glancing over the woman to make sure she wasn’t just playing with a corpse. Satisfied that she hadn’t wasted time with a lifeless ragdoll, Tokki let go of the woman and simply let her float about, “Well, looks like you’re the last one left, and I have no corpses to get trophies from,” Tokki’s voice was harsh, guttural, and angry, “You’ll be my living trophy.”

In the bridge of the Pitlord, Mulstti was the first to comment, “Wow, this is going to be one hell of a video to show the kinds.”

Alexei smiled grimly, “Sure as hell will be, but we are only half done. Need to scan and pacify any planetary defences they have and then call the boys and girls waiting for us back home in to take the cities.”

Mulstti just nodded.

The detonation of the battleship was impressive, tearing a crater into the nearby moon and obliterating the remnants of the enemy fleet. The carcasses that remained would be picked over with time, salvaged and reverse engineered, but it was a shame that the main, and highly lethal, weapon of the battleship had to be destroyed. Still, it was a magnificent destruction, and would have been beautiful were this a movie or someplace other than a battlefield.

The battleship, though it was dead, has still managed to unleash one last reprisal upon the mercenaries. A dreadful bolt of its superluminal weapon had torn forth across the lengths of space towards the fleet that had already suffered the most loss. The battlecruiser it had targeted was not where it had been foreseen to be though, random walking just to the side of the bolt. The bolt had come so close to striking home, so very close that it pulled away vast swathes of the cold plasma that surrounded the capital ship and seared the armour, warping turrets and sealing shut VLS launch hatches. But it had missed its goal and carried onwards.

All hope hadn’t been lost for the bolt though, as it collided with a different and entirely unintentional target, the armoured cruiser suffering from a despicable case of boarders. It smacked solidly into the rear of the vessel, catching it and twisting it violently as it tugged away a third of the hull and cauterized the innards. The armour bled, as was its way, and solidified even as small humanoid shapes were pulled, some kicking and mobile others still and lifeless, into space. Amazingly, the ship was still active and controlling its movements, slow and near dead though it was.

It remained behind, tired and wounded, with the rest of the damaged vessels as the fleets advanced upon the world. Destroyers actively turned their sensors upon the world, attempting to locate every hive within it as well as the heat and visual signs of military emplacements or movements. After a few brief moments the destroyers had singled out priority targets and designated the hives as no-strike zones. The frigates, with the information quickly transferred to them, directed their drones to launch out what few anti-terrestrial munitions they had. The missiles launched by the drones now were outwardly identical to the countermissiles, massive and housing numerous small autonomous warheads. These warheads though were far small, each of the near thirty thousand individual warheads carrying two and a half kilotons of ordinance as they split apart in the upper atmosphere. Each warhead had a target, some targeting the same area, and other simply being sent down en-masse to clear out an area for landing.

Ty-Ralyain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ty-Ralyain » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

The hives in the meantime had been readying for the inevitable ground war. The Ty'Ralyains had immediately realized how outclassed they were in the stellar conflict, and while that did not mean they were simply going to quit, they set about preparing their hives for the war. Tunnels that previously were simply dormant and reminders of a necessity and possibility of conflict were reopened and inspected, as well as being readied to take heavy traffic from soldiers, tervigons and possibly even exocrines. The majority of the massive artillery platforms were dug in around the central shaft of the hive, dug into massive mortar pits with barely the barrel peeking out from the dirt.

Sensor and radar equipment posts were erected and built in a nigh constant spread around the six hives, enveloping them in an invisible web of detection gear. Any dropships or pods attempting to land would be detected easily and consequently targeted by the plethora of AA and exocrine emplacements. Either that or engaged by the hundreds of Harridans on station to engage and fight in the air, loaded out with missiles and anti-aircraft strike packages. Those that would expand their munitions in the air would be changed into a ground support role, bombing and destroying any besieging forces or supply lines to and from the planet's surface.

The hives themselves were practically built like fortresses, deep underground and having a layer fully devoted simply to stalling and halting the enemy. A blank and empty tunnel network built like an anthill's network full of spider holes, booby traps and ambush spots. Each of the hives held roughly twenty-five million fully armed and prepared matrons. This was not counting the odd five hundred thousand or so slaves that would gladly lay down their lives in defense of the hive as well. Afterall it was their home and the matrons were keeping them alive.

Children and those that were pregnant enough to be unable to fight, even in the capacity of firing a mortar or a tank gun were placed down in the bowels of the hives. They were sent into the machine shops and industry that laced the lower levels as well as the farms. There they would be safe from the conflict and its horror, but would not be able to skip out in the effects of it. There they would continue to build and farm, performing the duties of the agriculture that would normally function as well as building the munitions that would be used.

The upper levels, most notably the living quarters and barren area, were fortified and entrenched hosting the majority of the matrons and their kin, prepared to beat the enemy in a bloody underground trench warfare. Areas were flooded with underground water reserves and readied to rupture and wash out the enemy, or simply drown them if it came to that. Minefields were built with crisscrossing fields of tripwires and collapsing charges readied to drop tons of rock onto the mercenaries.

Arch Verla glanced over her assembled warhost. They were the activated 412th Warband, a third section garrison used in times such as this. Normally the forty or so matrons would be normally building the various weapons and munitions that were needed for the various pirate bands that flitted through Ira'Ana. That wasn't to say each of them were new to warfare. They all had their own form of combat experience, from having run in a pirate gang for a while, a hive gang, or participated in a clan or even inter-hival warfare.

They however, were lacking on the majority of equipment. While the majority of a warband would have a specialist for every five matrons giving a total of eight troops with a Kuz'Ra, Pe'isu or a Me'eisu, generally two per weapon, Verla's only had about three specialists. All equipped with Me'eisu though. Although at least she had one of the newer Banshee armor suits. They were transported by the Nas'La roughly a month ago for testing. That was a strange clan. Either way, they got to play with the shiny new toys and work out any kinks with the system. So far they had a tendency to heat up in the jungle but functioned great in corridor combat or close quarters work like what would be done down in the tunnels.

She was carrying a massive 40mm Le'the autocannon, with a belt of ammo running from a back mounted pack. Each round was a massive flechette armed with a timed detonator, meaning it sliced through armor and people before exploding in a hail of shrapnel. Every Arch had been equipped with them but only two of the hives had enough to truly accomplish such a feat. The rest would have to go without the massive beasts of armor.

Her unit was formed around the front line of defense and securing the pit of an exocrine ensuring its gun crew was fully entrenched and loaded with enough munitions to support the defense. When the enemy invaders made planet fall her unit would serve as the defense team holding the position and ensuring the gun kept firing. It was important to have the exocrines as they could serve as AA taking down drop ships easily while also bombarding enemy positions and LZ's with massive rounds.

For the moment though the gun was cold and set beneath meters thick of hard rock and jungle.
Book o' facts

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 pm

The woman was still out of it, the shock of getting tossed around her most of her joints forcibly dislocated probably a bit more than she could handle all at once. Tokki, while her matron prisoner was still recovering, roughly grabbed at her form and hauled her around painfully by her limbs to look over body for weapons. There were only two holdout weapons she could see, two pistols slotted into hidden holsters that the untrained eye would have passed over as simply armour plating. Tokki wasn’t untrained. She hauled the weapons out, hefted them in her hands, then snapped them apart within her grip before chunking the ruined remnants aside.

Satisfied that she had found the last of By’liu’s weapons Tokki turned her over so that they were facing each other, “Heh, you can stop faking being unconscious any fucking time you want, and I recommend bracing yourself,” Tokki grabbed the matron’s waist in one hand and the woman’s dislocated leg with the other while the pair continued to float within the zero gravity of the ship, “This is going to hurt like a bitch.”

Tokki snapped the join back into place, internally grimacing at the wet sound. Without worrying about the woman’s suffering the mercenary grabbed the upper and lower portions of the same limb and clicked the knee back into place. Lastly she put her hand on the matron’s foot and relocated her ankle. Tokki didn’t want to imagine what all this felt like to the woman, but the fact that the pirate bitch was suffering gave her some cruel enjoyment. She only gave By’liu a moment to recover before reaching out and grabbing her by the throat, snug enough to haul her around but weak enough that she wasn’t throttling the Ty’Ralyain.

“So what’s your name little lady? Seeing as you are mine now, we might as well get acquainted.” Tokki prepared her other hand to smack the woman if she faked being unconscious, not wanting to bother playing coy games with a pirate.

The world burned, not in total but the flash fires caused by the thousands of detonations crackled and smoked across jungles and grasslands. They would go out eventually, but for now they felt like a suitable backdrop in Alexei’s mind. Soon there would be more smoke and fire he imagined, further bombardments and what he saw as an inevitable siege would cause even further destruction. The chance of these people actually surrendering right away was beyond minimal, pirates were not the type to turn themselves over after their fleet had been lain to waste. No, they always put up a last little fight. Of course, there was one redeeming feature to fighting pirates. You didn’t have to worry about innocents.

Alexei brought the fleet close to the world as he sent back the all clear to the invasion force waiting so far away, his forces passing by the wreckage of the ruined Ty’Ralyain with a sort of grim respect. The fleets reorganized themselves as the closed towards the planet, taking from themselves to form two more fleets. Each fleet took position above a Hive, even if far from the orbit, and matched the spin and velocity of the world to remain there with weapons menacing. Not that they would actually fire, using anti-shipping weaponry on the planet would void their contract. Instead they hung there and waited, biding their time.

What they were waiting for arrived just as they had, a large wormhole stretching and bloating into existence before birthing a full fleet and space snapping back to normalcy behind them. The invasion fleet was composed of twenty five vessels. Twenty were landers, each five hundred meters long, two hundred wide, and one hundred tall while bristling with anti-terrestrial weaponry in the form of turrets and VLS’. The other five vessels were specialized terrestrial bombardment craft, each eight hundred meters long and circular with a three hundred meter diameter. Down the center of each bombardier craft was a spinal array hosting an impressively adjustable laser array, and their hulls were covered in closed launch tubes and turrets.

As the newly arrived invasion fleet caught up to their compatriots Alexis had a message composed and sent to each hive individually.

This is Alexis Koenig of the Horizon Risk Management PMC, we are here on behalf of the Tenebavnya Corporeal Services. We are offering you the chance to surrender. If you accept you will come under the dominion of the Tenebavnya Corporation. You will be treated fairly and your sapient rights shall not be infringed upon, all piratical actions you may or may not have committed shall be forgiven, and those who had family members or spouses harmed during the takeover shall be compensated accordingly. If you do not accept this offer we will choose a hive at random among those that refused the offer and show no mercy.

As the message was sent out the invasion fleet prepared itself, taking in all the scans from the world and prioritizing targets. The areas cleared were to be ignored, given the structure of the cities landing directly within them was to be the goal, and suitable bombardment plans were drawn up. Air support and AA would have to forced to reveal itself before the landers went down proper, and to that end gunships could fill the role with distant support from the bombardment craft. Plans, plans, and ever more plans being created for the various events that could occur to foul up the attack.
Last edited by Vipra on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ty-Ralyain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ty-Ralyain » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:09 pm

The central hive was primarily referred to as Eisve hive. It was the largest out of them all, boasting a population just over the typical twenty-five million and having a much more developed tunnel network. It served as the basis for any sort of planet political rivalry and typically was used as a place to discuss matters that would envelop the entire planet, from wars such as this to petty clan rivalries. It was among the first to be built and was generally one to boast about the more prestigious history of the colony.

At the moment with the onset of the war from the now identified invaders, it served as a central command station. A center for the various leaders of the hive gangs, pirate groups and the hives themselves to debate and plan a course of action and a path to salvation. In the mid level, cut apart from the granite and basalt mix bedrock was a massive chamber that fulfilled as the meeting ground for this area. It was among the first areas built, built in an uncharacteristic sense of planning for the leadership of the then single colony. It was a round room with a lowered inset circle in the middle. It was about five feet below the level of the rest of the chamber and was the location where the various leaders, twenty-two in all, sat about in a circle discussing their plan of action.

The ultimatum of the enemy had been delivered and debated over, a few of the hive leaders looking to make a simple path out of the issue blindly trusting on faith what the now exposed PMC had promised. The majority still believed in fighting, believing species honor more important than physical property and potential damage to the hives.

"We must stand! We outnumber them a hundred to one, and they must come down to engage us. It will be a slaughter of them and we will show them why you don't stand against Ty'Ralyains." One of the Matriarchs shouted. She was a Kugun from a Na'Beti splinter group turned pirate, finding non-clan warfare funner as well as finding themselves let loose without having to worry about the typically tame nature of the war group.

"Avera is right! We will stand and fight together and preserve our freedom. These are lesser beings we are talking about. We shall not stoop to them!" A second voice cried out. The majority had argued for hours for the continuation of war while only a minute amount wanted to surrender. Typically they would simply be put to the sword, but to execute the leader of a hive in a peaceful deliberation would merely weaken the resolve and solidarity of the hives. At the moment they needed to stand completely together, resolute to the end.

"They obliterated O'liq and her forces! Surely we can not match them on the ground!" One of the eastern hive leaders shouted back. The majority of those looking to crumple were on the eastern flank, newer hives by the Eisve standards. Even the gang leaders from there had looked to surrender.

"O'liq was outnumbered five to one in capitol ships alone. She never stood a chance but she gave them a damn good bloody nose. From what we could see on the surface we estimate about twenty enemy casualties. Even still, they seek to capture us obviously. They will have to come to us first. If they simply wanted to obliterate us and remove our staging ground for raids then they would have done so already. To surrender will merely give them what they want." The kugun shouted again with several voices in agreement. For now the eastern hives backed down, nodding their heads in supplication. The logic was sound and obvious. If they sought war in a hive they would give it to them in its bloodiest form and kill ten for every lost matron in space.

The response was resolute and broadcasted back to every hive and enemy vessel.

We, the united bands of the Ty'Ralyain of Ira'Ana will respectfully deny your request for surrender Alexis Koenig. We shall not waver or find ourselves lacking when you come for us. As you descend into our hives we will show you the truest extent of brutality. We do not care for amnesty or forgiveness. Our tunnels shall run slick with your blood and your wives at home will beg the stars and question why you sent your men to their deaths. To delve into our hives is to perish. We shall fight you in the tunnels, in the chambers, on the surface, and even on the moon if we needed to. You shall not find us lacking in our strength or solidarity.
Now come, come to the wolves for we are hungry.

By'Liu tried to not cry out each time one of her brittle bones was snapped back into place. Despite the efforts, and the bite to her lower lip strong enough to draw blood, she still let out a whimper of pain each time. She tried to move somewhat to ensure her captor hadn't misjudged her anatomy, rolling her shoulders and rotating her ankle. They still crackled and popped each time, the tendons and muscles sending up a flare of pain each time.

And despite the horror and shame of being captured by such a lesser form of life, a robotic being no less, she found herself relieved she didn't suffer the fate of the void. Simply that disgusted and revolted her. Sure she would be able to survive initial exposure to vacuum but eventually, within five minutes, she would suffocate then freeze. Anatomy only went so far.

She glanced up towards the woman, or at least what she could guess was from her voice with her body yielding no real indication of such, and glared up at her through red wychfire eyes. Her teeth clenched out of pain and frustration she responded, her voice gurgled lightly from the hand clamped around her throat. "By'Liu, Arch of the 12th Marine Warhost. Get used to only having me for a few moments before I split that tin can of a head open."
Book o' facts

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Alexei sighed, leaned heavily upon the armrest of his seat. His expectations had been confirmed. These Ty’Ralyain would be fighting. And they were cocky as hell for a planet that just lost control of orbit. They either had some ridiculous overconfidence, or they had a rather extreme ace up their sleeve. He hoped for the former, but was forced to prepare for the latter as he relayed new orders to the invasion fleet. Things were going to be a bit smokier and deadlier upon the ground that was initially intended. After the loss of so many vessels he didn’t want to waste more lives in vain. He sent a quick order over to the communications officer, opening a link to the bombardment craft that served as the flagship of the invasion fleet.

“Ground Assault Commander, this is Commander Alexei, I want you to deploy a FAE before the initial landing. And target the largest Hive, I want to send a message.”

The voice on the other end, cheery and male, spoke “I’ll get to it then! This’ll be fun.”

The five bombardment ships moved in formation, four in a ring behind the leading craft, and hovered many thousands of kilometers above the world proper. They were spaced apart wide enough that should any one of the bombardment craft be rent asunder the resultant explosion wouldn’t damage the others. Behind the bombardment craft the twenty landers advanced, slowing down as they waited for the leading craft to live up to their namesake. They did so in small puffs and thousands of tiny flashes, their discharges heading towards Eisve Hive.

Those small puffs were in actuality the release of missiles, nowhere near the power of anti-shipping missiles but making up for it by not requiring anywhere near the amount of fuel or as sophisticated a warhead. In the case of the initial wave of missiles they were simple bombardment missiles, meant to slip down the main shaft of the hive and tear into the inner sides of it in order to soften the surface and expose weaknesses for later bombardment. Behind them were heavier missiles designed to burrow a ways through buildings, asphalt, and rock in order to detonate within the surface and open gaping wounds. Lastly were the FAE missiles. They were ten in total and would arrive after two waves of the smallest missiles in order to release clouds of explosive gas that would seep into the innards of the Hive, even if just a small ways, and tear apart its central opening while causing massive structural damage. Each would detonate in succession.

At the same time the flashes from the bombardment craft were already slamming home, kinetic rounds ripping into the earth and sending geysers of dirt into the air before detonating and creating craters. Every now and again one would be of larger size, spinning, and burrow deeper into the ground before catastrophically igniting and unleashing a torching incendiary payload that burned and melted its way deeper into the earth in hope of collapsing in the caverns below. Other far more precise rounds battered and beat upon locations suspected to harbour hidden weapons, preparing for them to unveil or just giving their fire control systems test runs for if they appeared elsewhere.

The first weapon to strike, though, had no visible sign of departure from the bombardment craft and came from the bombardment vessel directly overhead. The gradient boring laser of the craft lashed out in a direct pulse down the central shaft of the hive, each of the million laser pulses colliding with the bottom and wearing it away a millimeter at a time one after the other in order to burrow through the heart of the place. The landers, for their part, held back and watched the fireworks for now.

Tokki laughed her mad manic cackle, as she held the woman tight, taking time to recover from her mirth, “I that what you honestly believe little By’Liu? You think you could actually hurt me? Quant. Let me show you just how powerless you are.” With her free hand Tokki grabbed at the chitinous armour of the women, getting a good grip between the slats before jerk her hand and tearing away the plating one section at a time to be tossed aside. Once the main armour was done Tokki let go of By’Liu’s throat and gripped the neckline of the armour and, with a rip, tore the leather armou down the middle. Without care for the still dislocated shoulders of the woman Tokki pulled the undersuit from her body and off of her limbs. The Ty’Ralyain was left to float starkly naked in front of Tokki by the time she was done, Tokki’ grip moving from By’Liu’s throat to her should with a tight grip.

“I have taken your weapons, I have taken your defences, and I have taken your dignity. Tell me, what more do you have that I could take?” The marine once more filled the air with her shrill and demonic cacophony of laughter, easing off once her eyes began to roam over the matron's body, “You lot are pretty, in your own freaky alien way.”

Ty-Ralyain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ty-Ralyain » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 am

The stricken hive suffered greatly in those beginning moments. The massive conglomeration of steel and stone, buried hundreds of meters below ground shook and rumbled like a wailing beast tortured and chained beneath the earth. The inner tunnels were inflamed and ruptured, bathed in flame and blood. Tunnels collapsed and fell upon themselves, smothering hundreds underneath tons of rock.

The lowest level was the hardest hit ironically. The detonation of the FAE had destroyed most of the industries tucked deep down, using the heat of the earth to power the machinations of the foundries that produced the munitions and equipment of the fighting forces as well as the day to day equipment. It had served as the refuge for those deemed unable to fight, either ill, infirm, pregnant or young. Now, however it simply served as their deathtrap as they were caressed in the blazing inferno scorching them into carbonized skeletons. The hundreds of tons above them collapsed down and sealed of the survivors behind meters of thick and hardy stone that had previously held firm throughout bombardment. There they suffocated to death, cut off from air tunnels or supplies heightening the death toll to hundreds of thousands. Not only was the loss of life great, but the places to supply the forces defending against the siege were all but lost, destroyed in a blazing dragon that continued to rage down there despite the various crews attempting to defeat the blazes. Smoke poured continuously from the central shaft, smothering those that were there.

The various other positions were fractured and damaged, the third and second layers suffering moderate damage mostly from tunnel collapses that were easier to excavate from the lesser mass of the tunnels and supports, saving many lives but hundreds were crushed. The farms at the third level were mostly still functional along with the ground water storage and pumps, having only outer layers being damage or destroyed but the further in surviving. The upper and top levels were lightly harmed, suffering only the minimalist of damage from the burrowing missiles or the surface bombardment. However, the various pits dug around the exocrines did suffer light casualties losing a few of the mechanical beasts to the bombardment, but keeping together the majority of the formations. They managed a tight-lipped silence of their guns, grimly eager to respond in kind to the various landing craft.

The majority of the hive merely grimaced and stiffened their resolve, eager to clash in combat against the foe that bombarded the weak. They still knew they had to engage in a ground warfare to root them out, and that was where they had the fullest advantage looking only more so to furthering their bloody tally.
Book o' facts

Vipra
Diplomat

Postby Vipra » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:20 am

“Do you think we should give them the offer once more?” It took Alexeii a moment to realize that Mulstti was speaking, “I mean, we are really laying into them here.”

Alexei ignored her for the moment, more interested in studying the Hive structure as it soaked up more damage. The damage they were taking was within expected ranges, not obliterated but instead being worn down. This was a good start, now it just had to continue for a few hours, days, or weeks. All that needed to be done was to burn away their produce storage and taint their water. That was how you weakened resolve. You weakened their bodies and let paranoia eat them up until, when the hammer actually fell upon them, they were so brittle they shattered.

“I am afraid that it is up to this Hive to contact us now, only their unconditional surrender will avail them at this point, and offering them the olive branch once more would look like weakness to the other hives and even this one,” Alexei spun the holographic representation of the hive, tsking at the plume of smoke that uttered forth from the central shaft, “We have to keep our word, otherwise how will they know they can trust us? The fall of this Hive won’t be quick and messy, it will be slow and cruel. By the time our landing forces enter their tunnels I expect them to have fallen to cannibalism, frantic hunger, dehydration, and disease. And it isn’t like the bombardment craft can’t keep up, we have some nice little tools coming in to aid with logistics. Plus, I have one last trick up my sleeve to set them up for a harsh fall.”

“The logistics station,” Mulstti grunted, “was hoping we wouldn’t need to deploy that thing. Fucking expensive,” she glanced over at her superior, “and just what tool are you talking about? Going to bathe them in napalm or something? That will probably choke out the majority of ‘em at the top levels. Kind of defeats the point if you ask me.”

The commander shrugged, “Would you have me send down our forces into a meat grinder? No, this victory will be attained when we have made an example of them and not ourselves.”

The bombardment continued, missiles lessening in intensity while the vessels’ rail guns picked up the slack. Incendiary and high explosive rounds became the order of the day, cracking into the ground before unleashing their payloads in a manner identical to earthquake bombs. Precision bombardments changed positions every now and again, targeting new areas and tearing apart the ground as their brethren relentlessly tore down into the earth. What missiles continued to be fired were the diggers of before, burrowing deep before setting off their shaped warheads to create gouging rifts within the ground.

The landers by this point hung spread out behind the bombardment craft, matching the world’s orbit and spin like their cousins. Each drew no closer, instead opening up their ventral hangers. What ushered forth appeared, from a distance, to be swarms of malignant wasps rushing from mechanical hives. These swarming attack gunships, with small flames ushering forth from four points upon their forms, dove towards the planet and Eisve Hive. As they reach the atmosphere they slowed, each bearing the massive trail of blue, yellow, and green cloak of re-entry. They steamed and glowed red hot, shimmering waves of heat radiating off them as they neared their goal, rounds and missiles screaming down around them in their own plumes of heavenly fire.

Each of the craft were thin and long, their four engines strapped close to their sides spinning independently and sending them through the skies at speeds drastically high for organic passengers. Slung under the prow of each gunship was a thirty millimeter autocannon turret, the other main armament being two bulky missile pods clad upon the ‘shoulders’ of the gunships with each pod holding sixteen missiles. For defence their armour was only light, but they held internal chaff that could be released upon a moment’s with intent to distract radar and heat seeking missiles.

These gunships wove between and around the incoming fire, many diving towards the central shaft and disappearing from view within the deathly black smog that rose from within it. The remainder shot through the sky towards their designated positions, each taking a sixteen acre locale in its sights. Simultaneously those attack gunships not within the shaft unleashed their missile barrages, thirty two missiles throwing themselves maniacally from each craft to travel parallel to the earth until over their target and then throw themselves earthbound before detonating in a spray of incendiary fluid. Each spray was only thin, but it would be enough for each gunship to saturate it area and begin to suck away the precious oxygen of the Hive as the surface of it was set alight.

As their siblings above began to scorch the earth, those that had alighted down the shaft did their own deadly duty, bobbin, weaving, and gliding through the expansive shaft as they each unleashed their own missile payloads upon each visible level of the Hive. Others attempted to make their own openings before firing, letting loose with their atuocannons and shooting forth a rapid fire gout of hundreds if not thousands of thirty millimeter rounds all at the same spot. Even if an opening wasn’t made they still launched their missiles at the spot, hoping that the weakening of the point would allow them to penetrate through.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents