NATION

PASSWORD

World of Westeros (IC/PT)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Delanshar
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

World of Westeros (IC/PT)

Postby Delanshar » Thu May 17, 2012 5:21 pm

For OOC or to sign up, go here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180067

Kings Landing, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 1.

It was dusk, and the red sun made the Red Keep atop Aegon's Hill look as if it was made of blood. Inside King Joffrey Baratheon, first of his name, still looked puny on the massive Iron Throne. At first glance, the massive King Robert would have seemed far more imposing than this loud teenage boy. Even wrapped in regal silks, the King looked little more than an untested child. Yet for those whom had the misfortune of earning his wrath, it was known that for what he lacked in size he made up in temper tenfold.

"I will have his head." Joffrey spoke coldly to the court. "Jon Arryn's treason will not go unpunished. We will enter the Vale and rid the land of his House. He will pay for the death of my father and his refusal to bend the knee to me, his true heir and the king of the realm."

The court was silent; the only sound being Maester Pycelle's scribbling of notes.

"Varys!" Joffrey ordered the eunuch to come forward. "I want ravens sent to all the Great Houses. Their leaders must swear fealty to me as their King. They must then raise armies to March on the Vale in the name of their King."

"It will be done, your Grace." The eunuch bowed deeply before striding out of the throne room.

"Wonderful." Joffrey rose from the throne and clapped his hands. "That will be it for today, I will retire until the morrow." The King strode down the steps from the throne and beckoned his guards to follow. Along with Tommen, Myrcella and the Queen Regent, Joffrey exited the throne room, followed closely by Sandor Clegane and the Kingsguard. The rest of court then proceeded to disperse in various directions, expressions of fear plastered on many of their faces. War, it seemed, was inevitable.

----------------------------------------------------------

To: All the Great Lords of the Realm
Concerning: The Treason of Jon Arryn

It is the duty of all the great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms to swear the oath of fealty to his grace, Joffrey Baratheon, first of his name. Failure to produce the oath will be considered an act of rebellion against the realm. Furthermore, his grace requires that all the great lords from Winterfell to Casterly Rock, begin preparations for a march on the Vale to defeat the traitor Jon Arryn. It was Jon Arryn whom, through greed and treachery, murdered the late King Robert Baratheon as he slept. The goal of which was to take the throne for himself. To achieve such a goal he spat on the esteemed position of Hand of the King, manipulating his responsibilities to satisfy his thirst for power.

This cannot stand. The King's justice will reach Jon Arryn and all who follow him and take part in his treachery.

Seal,
Joffrey Baratheon,
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms,
King of the Andals and the First Men,
Protector of the Realm
Map: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8805/delansharinlucerna14.jpg
Factbook: http://iiwiki.wikkii.net/wiki/Delanshar
USA, Israel, Nationalism, Self-Determination, Gay Rights
The EU, Anarchism, Globalism, Primitivism

Arcerion
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Thu May 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Riverrun, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 4.

Edmure Tully paced the Great hall at Riverrun, muttering to himself as he read the King's letter agin and again, ordering him to call his banners. He stood in his blue and red surcoat, the trout of Tully emblazoned in silver silk across his chest, and a small silver pendant by the same shape fastened around his neck. He continued to snarl and slap the paper, muttering about the inconvenience of calling his entire army for nought. His father was dead, took only months past by his illness, and now Ned Stark would come South, Tywin Lannister East, and Mace Tyrell North. "Madness!" Edmure moaned as he sunk into his throne. "Maester Vymon! Be quick and bring me Ser Desmond Grell, and be quick!" he barked. Moments later his master-at-arms stood before him, his household blue crossed by white with three red martlets taking a dull, faded look of a surcoat worn often in the field and the training yard. "Ser Desmond, call Lord Mooton's banners. Tell him he is to take 1,500 men from Maidenpool, and meet 500 from Fairmarket to be commanded by yourself, to march those men to rally outside of Saltpans and make camp. There we await the King's men. I am done with this bloody foolery, call his banners and then wait for orders. Maester! Send the King word that we have agreed to his terms and have sent 2,000 men to prepare for battle." Edmure stood up, and tossed the letter into the flames. He then sat down and began writing a letter to his uncle Brynen Tully, ordering him to raise an additional 1,500 men from the Southern Marches and train them to act as reinforcements for the invasion.

To: King Joffrey Baratheon, First of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm
Concerning: Call to arms

My Grace,

My banners have been called, and I have chosen to tribute 2,000 of my men led by Ser Desmond grell. Should it please your Grace they have already begun to mobilize and advance towards Saltpans, where they will await further orders and instructions from your person. I also wish to inform your grace that Hosue Tully is committed to justice, and will see it done.

Seal,
Edmure Tully
Lord Paramount of the Trident,
Lord of Riverrun
Last edited by Arcerion on Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Thu May 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Kings Landing, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 6

The meeting of the small council had just started. The Queen Regent was the last to walk into the meeting room, flanked by Ser Merryn of the Kingsguard. She wore a long red cloak over a golden silk dress with the lion of House Lannister sewn on the front. Her hair was worn down. A rarity these days, as her constant public duties often required that she wear it up in the uncomfortable Southron court fashion.

"Your late, dear sister." Jamie Lannister looked up from his seat on the table, clad in the armor of the Kingsguard and waving a small scroll. "We have news from Riverrun."

"What does it say?" Cersei look her place at the head of the table, near Littlefinger and Varys. Both of whom were starring at her with wide grins on their faces.

"It's good news, I assure you, sister." Jamie handed the scroll to the Queen. "Our friend, Edmure Tully, has pledged 2,000 men-at-arms for the invasion of the Vale. They are massing at Saltpans."

The Queen was delighted. House Tully had been one of the houses she was most worried about, due to the fact that Jon Arryn's own wife, Lysa, hailed from the Riverlands. Her green eyes sparkled as she read the scroll that her brother had handed her. It was the look she always gave when she seemed on the verge of triumph. Finally she wrapped the scroll and, smiling modestly, handed it to Littlefinger.

"We should muster a force to meet them at Saltpans." She proclaimed. "We have 7,000 soldiers already stationed in Antlers. I want a Raven sent there at once. The troops must be made ready to march within a fortnight." She turned to Jaime. "Send word to Gregor Clegane that he must ride north to Antlers at once. A force of such size must be led by a trustworthy and brutal lord."
Last edited by Delanshar on Thu May 17, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Casterly Rock, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 5.

"What is the meaning of this?" Tywin Lannister threw the King's letter onto the table, "We are to march onto the Vale and lay seige to the Eyrie? Has my daughter and grandson sunk into madness and delusion? The Eyrie is impregnable and impossible to assault. Utter madness." He paced about the Great Hall of Casterly Rock, the ancestral home of the Lannister, his younger brother Kevan Lannister and the Maester of House Lannister stood by silently. Tywin shook his head and muttered, "Furthermore he seeks the Great Lords to come to Casterly Rock to swear fealty to him?"

He turned around and looked at his Maester, "Tell me Maester, what do we know of Jon Arryn? I met him once, he does not seem like the individual that would commit regicide."

The Maester nodded his head slowly, "My Lord, Jon Arryn served loyally as the Hand of the King to Robert Baratheon. We do not know the reasons behind him murdering the late King in his sleep nor do we have proof that he didn't do it."

"But that also means that we don't have proof that he did it. I will not commit my troops to a senseless slaughter over baseless accusations. Maester! Prepare a raven for King's Landing at once."

To: Cersei Lannister, Queen-Reagent Of The Seven Kingdoms.
Concerning: A Call To Arms

Cersei,

Abandon this foolishness at once. The Eyrie is an impregnable fortress that is impossible to attack under any circumstances. I advise that you inform His Grace to parlay with the Vale instead of committing the troops of the Seven Kingdoms to a mindless slaughter. House Lannister will not commit troops to this senseless request.

Furthermore His Grace's accusations of Jon Arryn's hand in murder the late King Robert Baratheon are serious allegations. Daughter, I wish to see the proof of these accusations before House Lannister decides again whether to commit its troops to keep the King's Peace.

Seal,
Tywin Lannister
Lord of Casterly Rock
Shield of Lannisport
Warden of the West

After reading the message, Tywin affixed his seal onto the message and passed it to the Maester. "Ensure it reaches the hands of my daughter Cersei." The Maester bowed and shuffled off out of the Great Hall. Tywin turned to his younger brother Kevan, "You, call all our banners. I demand proof before I bend my knee to the new king and I doubt the his...Grace will take to that lightly."

"Yes My Lord."
The Reformed Republic of New Endenia
Peace. Order. Progress.
| Factbook | Embassy Exchange | Newswire | Link |

Albaie
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaie » Fri May 18, 2012 8:58 am

Winterfell, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 5.

Eddard Stark read the message handed to him by Maester Luwin slowly, his best friend was dead and the man who he treated as a father was said to have killed him. He looked out of the tower where he met Maester Luwin and saw his son's Robb and Bran training while his bastard Jon lurked in a dark corner watching and waiting it was then he saw Septa Mordane chasing Arya across the yard due to the situation he suppressed his smile. " Luwin send a raven to all my vassals telling them to raise half their levies and bring them to Winterfell sign the letters of as King Eddard Stark of Winter, then write this message down to the King. " Eddard said knowing what happened now chould shape the history of the world and he must be careful as Winter is Coming.

To The False Pretender Joffery Baratheon
In the name of all that is good in this world and the love I bore your father I suggest you surrender your throne to your uncle Stannis as well as conducting a proper investigation into the murderer of your father and then releasing the North from its bond of fealty. If you do not then you should fear the winds of winter as winter is coming.
From Eddard Stark King of Winter

To Jon Arryn
Jon I need to know what has happened tell no one of this letter as no one not even my maester has seen this message please tell my the truth and no matter what my forces are ready to assist you.
From Your Dear Ally Eddard Stark King of Winter
Emperor Michael II Dubrack Dubracksson his most catholic majesty, the papal gentlemen, Crusher of the Republic. Emperor of Albaie islands, New Albaie, Rutenburg, Petrelle, Dubracksland-Newfoundland, Leifson-Newfoundland, Dubracksland, Firecount, Wetern, Retu, Tere, Ilop, Yerekn, Tenke and Hurte.
Crown Prince Dubrack Dubrack Dubracksson
Rated AAA by InterHoh Orginzation
King of the Nationstates Loyalist Resistance Army
Embassy Thread

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 am

Kings Landing 298 AL, Month 1, Day 8

"What in the seven hells is this?!" Cersei shrieked after reading a letter sent from her Lord father, Tywin Lannister. She had been in her solar, relaxing after a long day, when Pycelle ran in, telling of a raven bearing news from Casterly Rock. She had already received the raven from Winterfell. She was not particularly surprised that the Starks were defiant. That had been expected, Jon Arryn was in many ways a father to Ned. She would have them dealt with later. But her father? He seemed greatly annoyed at the prospect of a war in the Vale. For a moment Cersei looked like she was about to kill Pycelle, but eventually her features softened and she sat down and stared into space.

Cersei knew that in order for Joffrey to grow old on the iron throne, he needed the support of his grandfather. That House Tully had pledged support was wonderful, but against both the Arryns and now the Starks it was imperative that her lord father give his full support as well. Eventually she felt composed enough to write a letter to her father.

To: Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West
Concerning: A Call to Arms

Hello father. I am aware that the Eyrie is near impregnable, especially without the help of your vast armies. If it please you, we can perhaps delay such an attack. With the defiance of the Starks, we may have more pressing needs for our armies in any case. Even if you see my son as arrogant and foolish, he is still family. Over time we can mold him into a stronger, smarter ruler. A ruler who will increase the prestige and power of our family and House.

Let Jon Arryn stay in the Vale, he has nowhere to go. The threat that we can both agree on is the Starks. The wolf will do everything it can to sabatoge the power of the lion. One day, we will all be dead. The only thing left will be the legacy of our House. There are still those who call your son the Kingslayer. If the Starks are allowed the win now, the image of House Lannister will be sullied forever. Joffrey isn't perfect, but he is a child. He will learn. What we must do now is stick together.

Seal,
Cersei Lannister
Queen Regent of the Seven Kingdoms

To: Edmure Tully, Lord Paramount of the Trident, Lord of Riverrun
Concerning: Hand of the King

The loyalty of your great House has earned you deep respect here at King's Landing. As you are no doubt aware, the position of Hand of the King has been vacant since Jon Arryn's flight back to the Vale. It would be our pleasure to invite your uncle, Brynden Tully or "The Blackfish", to Kings Landing to serve as the new Hand to my son King Joffrey I Baratheon.

Seal,
Cersei Lannister

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Fri May 18, 2012 11:18 am

Casterly Rock, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 11.

Tywin sat in his study, contemplating the letter that the Raven brought from King's Landing, his daughter's words written on them. He studied the piece of parchment again, re-reading the part about the defiance of House Stark. It came to no surprise to him, Jon Arryn was a close mentor and ally to Ned Stark and this turn of events was expected and now complicates things severely. He tossed the parchment aside and walked to the great table in the middle of his study, on it was a large map of Westeros and markings depicting Lannister troop movements and the borders of the seven Kingdoms. He was already massing his banners at both Casterly Rock and at Lannisport, he considered the map closely, should the Starks choose to rally their banners and march on King's Landing, there were only so many places they can go through. His eyes fell on the Twins and its strategic control that the Twins possess. He called for his Maester who soon appeared, obviously woken up by a Lannister guard. "My..My Lord, you summon me?"

"Send this message to my daughter."

"Yes My Lord."

To: Cersei, Queen Regent Of The Seven Kingdoms
Concerning: A Call To Arms

Daughter, your concern for my grandson is noted. But you have yet to answer my question, where is the proof of Robert Baratheon's murder by the hands of Jon Arryn? The armies of House Lannister will not march against the Vale or against the North without the proof of the King's accusation against Jon Arryn. Provide me the proof and my armies will march forth to contain the Starks in the North, if not, I will personally go to King's Landing with the full host of House Lannister to demand the proof and evidence of the murder. The good name of House Lannister is now forever intertwined with the Iron Throne, your son will most likely spoil that good name, I remember Joffrey and he is not the kind I would call. King.

Do not defy me Daughter, I await the proof.

Seal,
Twin Lannister
Lord Paramount Of The West
Lord of Casterly Rock
Shield of Lannisport
Warden of the West
Peace. Order. Progress.

Arcerion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Fri May 18, 2012 11:42 am

Riverrun, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 14

Edmure grinned as he handed his uncle the letter that had arrived form the capital, observing his skepticism as he read it aloud "It would be our pleasure to invite your uncle, Brynden Tully or "The Blackfish", to Kings Landing to serve as the new Hand to my son King Joffrey I Baratheon." Brynden let the paper, fall onto the table and leaned back, crossing his arms and staring at his nephew. Called the 'Blackfish' for the black trout that made his sigil, he had proven a steadfast commander and master of the battlefield, but royal courts would be a whole new realm for him. "Edmure," he began. He was one of the few that could call his nephew by his given name. "I am busy raising men from the Southern Marches, and now you expect me to go and serve the Queen in the cesspit?" he cursed and thumped a fist on the table. "I should be readying our men for war with the militant Starks calling banners!" he stood and motioned for a squire to come forward. Edmure leaned in towards the table, "Uncle I need you to do this. Please do not make me command it." Brynden sighed, and nodded his head, "I will set out on the morrow, the Seven give me luck on this treacherous decision." Edmure smiled, and leaned back, sipping a glass of spice wine to warm his already hearty mood.

Brynden stood outside, and looked to Maester Vymon, who waited the Lord's calls outside. "Send message to Lord Bracken, he is to go to the Southern Marches and continue raising more men. Tell him to carry out those orders immediately, I command it on orders of Lord Tully." Vymon nodded, and scurried off to send the ravens. Brynden sent three of his own letters, two by riders in the night and one by raven to King's Landing, to allies and friends.

To: Ser Desmond Grell
Concerning: Appointment as the Hand of the King

Ser,

I require use of some of your forces. Send me 400 of your best swords to meet me at Maidenpool, where I will be waiting with 100 of mine own to begin the process of sailing to King's landing. I wish your forces well at Saltpans, and hereby order them to return to their lands, to their liege lords.

Ser Brynden Tully,
Warden of the Southern Marches,
Knight of the Gate

To: Tywin Lannister
Concerning: The Capital

My Lord,

I send this to you in secrecy and in the expectation that you return the confidentiality of this request. I will soon be appointed Hand of the King, and would formally ask that you prepare Lannister forces to march North should the Starks decide to rebel. I have sent this by rider to ensure that we are safe in our discussion, and wish your house all the glory and honour it deserves. Give my best yo your brother, Ser Kevan.

The Blackfish

To: Cersei Lannister
Concerning: Appointment as Hand of the King

Your Grace,

I would be honoured to serve as the Hand. I will soon be sailing from Maidenpool with a complement of guardsman to ensure the safety of my person. I shall arrive within the month, and hopefully be discussing matters with the small council by the following week. I only inquire to any requests you have before I depart Riverrun.

Ser Brynden Tully,
Warden of the Southern Marches,
Knight of the Gate
Last edited by Arcerion on Fri May 18, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 pm

The Erie, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 15

Lord John Arryn sat at council in the Erie, surrounded by solemn men and loyal vassals.
“They accuse me of killing Robert, the man who was as a son to me! They hope to silence me, to keep the truth from getting out. I had not wished to do this, but it appears I must.” Lord John sighed slightly, feeling the years that had passed by. “We will send the truth out on raven wings to all high lords and ladies. We will denounce the false Baratheons for all to hear! But a special message must go out to Lord Eddard Stark and to Lord Stannis Baratheon…"

To: Eddard Stark
You know me well, that I loved you and Robert as much as any trueborn son, it makes me proud that you trust me still. I believe that Joffery isnot the trueborn son of Robert but instead a bastard born of Cersei and Jaime Lannister’s incest. My evidence is Joffery’s hair, fair as gold, yet when has a Baratheon ever had golden hair? Never, the child is not Roberts son. I ask that you stand along side me to resist this monstrous king.

To: Lord Stannis Baratheon
“King” Joffery decries me as his fathers slayer, yet you know I am an honorable man, and that I have served faithfully as the Kings Hand for many years. I have evidence that Jffery is no Baratheon, and as such has no claim to the throne. If you believe and accept this then you are the rightful king of Westeros, I ask that you raise you bannes to help me end Joffery’s claim to the throne and place you as the rightful king.

To: All of the High Lords and Ladies of Wetoros
Lords and Ladies, Joffery is not your King! He is born of Lannister incest, between brother and sister. I ask to stand against Joffery, to decry his reign and instead rise in rebellion against him! Robert Baratheon was killed to cover up these Lannister crimes just as now the Lannisters seek to have me killed so that the crimes they have committed will go unpunished.

As the ravens flew John Arryn made plans for war, calling out his banner men and marching them to the Bloody Gate. Ordering masons, carpenters, blacksmiths and more to the Bloody Gate to help reinforce the castle and build it's defenses.
Last edited by Spirit of Hope on Fri May 18, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Fri May 18, 2012 3:11 pm

King's Landing, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 16

It was a sunny, balmy day in King's Landing. The sky was blue and the sun was bright. Cersei Lannister strode in the garden of the Red Keep, alongside Joffrey and Varys, with Sandor Clegane and Ser Merryn following dutifully. King Joffrey's green eyes looked ahead with a mixture of anger and frustration, his golden stag crown seemingly reflecting the sun like a bright mirror.

"Why does your father taunt us such." He pouted. "He should be happy for his grandchild. Lannister blood sits on the Iron Throne and yet he demands proof of Arryn's treason? What more proof could be needed than the word of one's King!"

"It is a small courtesy really." Varys walked beside the king and gave him a long glance. "And one that we could easily provide for the great Lord Tywin."

"How?" Cersei spoke up, the first time in awhile. Her face suddenly looked both confused and dangerously curious. Her eyes narrowed as she turned to Varys. Her heavy cloak swinging around with her. At this point they had all stopped walking, both Cersei and her son were staring eagerly at Varys, thirsty for what information he may provide. For a moment there was silence, with only the heavy breathing of the Hound and the chirp of birds breaking the silence. Finally the eunuch spoke.

"It was the Tears of Lys that killed your dear husband, Robert. As I'm sure you already know." Varys began. "A vial of the poison was also found in the Tower of the Hand, when it was searched for the departed Jon Arryn. Surely the implied connection should be enough to get Lord Tywin to pledge his support. At the very least it must satisfy his desire for the evidence."

"Let him know." Cersei said with a half-grin. "Father wants to support us, I'm sure of it. He just needs a bit of evidence so that the Honor of House Lannister won't be seen as supporting a mad claim to the throne."

To: Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West
Concerning: Evidence

My husband was killed with the poison known as the tears of Lys. Nothing else could have possibly killed him as quickly as this infamous concoction. A vial of said tears were found in Jon Arryn's quarters when it was searched by the Gold Cloaks following his flight. After we found Robert, dead, in his bed (he rarely slept with me, preferring to wench in a separate bedroom) we immediately detained the whore and searched for the hand, whom was no-where to be found. We even sent riders north, but he was already too far to catch.

Tell me father, that you agree such a thing to be suspicious? The only way he could be so far away when we found Robert dead would be if he knew about it beforehand. I'm not going to pretend to know his motives, but the evidence is there. It could be more concrete, but such a thing as definite evidence doesn't exist in this game of thrones. When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

And we are winning, father. No matter what we are on the same side. There is no going back now. Jon Arryn of the Vale has accused my son of being a product of incest between two of your children. The reputation of our House is at stake, and if his theory gains hold then our prestige dies with it's ascent. We have the Throne now, but unless we stay united, we will go from ruling the Seven Kingdoms to being it's laughing stock. Talk of House Lannister will be reduced to dirty gossip amongst the smallfolk in the alleyways by the brothel.
We must prevail father, if not for me or my son, then for our House.

Seal,
Cersei Lannister

To: Ser Brynden Tully, Warden of the Southern Marches, Knight of the Gate
From: Cersei Lannister, Queen Regent of the Seven Kingdoms
Concerning: Your Arrival

It is with great anticipation and excitement that we in Kings Landing await your arrival. We wish you safe passage on your journey here. As for any last inquiries, please ask your Lord Nephew if he has any suitable young ladies that he thinks could be betrothed to King Joffrey. He is at that age and we must find him a suitable bride.

Seal,
Cersei Lannister

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prince-Bishopric Of Liege » Fri May 18, 2012 3:20 pm

The Twins, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 18

A loud, splattering rain crashed upon the windows of Lord Walder's spacy rooms in the Water Tower. The Lord of the Crossing sat in his study, reading (albeit with a reading glass) and writing documents. Ocassionaly, he glanced outside, at the rain. Beneath hem, Frey soldiers where walking the walls of the Twins, despite the heavy rainfall. A lonely board of cyvasse was placed into one corner of the room, a bookcase in the other. The door was guarded by two guards from the inside and four from the outside. Lord Walder's personal guard was highly trained, equipped with halberd and sword, and clad in armour in the colours of the Twins. Surely, it was expensive, but if there was one thing, that Lord Walder valued high, it was his own life. One of the guards outside thumped the butt of his halberd to the marble floor, as to announce the coming of lord Stevron Frey, one of his few sons that Walder valued quite highly. The guards on the inside opened the door, and saluted. Malwin Frey, one of his squires and one of his grandsons entered and bowed.

With his boyish voice, Malwin said: "His lordship Stevron Frey, my lord" . After a sign from the old Walder the boy quitted, whilst Stevron entered. Walder looked up at his son, and permitted himself one of his rare smiles. "Leave at once". His Guards, utterly loyal and aware of his short temper and lack of formalities, saluted and left, closing the door behind them.

Walder leaned backwards in his chair, and produced some letters from a drawer. He didn't even looked up, when he talked. "I assume you've heard the news?"

"Why, Robert is dead and his son sits the Iron Throne. John Arryn is rumoured to assemble an army in the Vale and Lord Eddard is coming down from Winterfell, and he brought a terrific host with him. The Lannisters will be joining too, together with Joffrey's own troops. Do I get the situation ?"

Walder grinned. "Not quite. The great Lords from South and North are marching once more. North goes South and Souths wants to go North. They'll meet each other at the Neck, or the Riverlands. But do tell me son, which castle lies as much in the North as the South. Which Castle holds the key to the crossing of the Trident? And which castle shall then, without doubt, incur the wrath of the North or the South, whatever we do?"
Stevron's smile vanished at once.
"So, heir to the Twins. What should we do, hmm? Give your old and senile father some advice!"
"Lord Edmure has allied himself to the Iron Throne. We are his vassals"
"Aye, but lord Hoster, may he rest in peace, married his daughters to the Arryns and the Starks. They're as much of a fish as Edmure."
"Spare me this farce, father, what are we going to do?"

"You offend me son, I thought you had more time for me. We will be waiting, and sitting in the Twins, as we have done for centuries."
Stevron gave his father a puzzled look. Walder sighted.
"How many man are holding the Twins, now?"
"800, minus your guard", replied Stevron, knowing Walder knew this already.
"Well, according to my ancestors, even 450 men would be sufficient. But my coffers are full, and my granaries bursting. Lord Edmure has ordered his Lords to call the banners, but I have not received any specific orders have I?"
Stevron agreed.

"I will strengthen our garrison on the Twins to 2,000 swords. That should, temporarily hold of any other threats. All necessary letters are sent, and the men will be ready shortly. Lord Edmure can hardly contemplate that we are strengthening our own keep, and the Riverlands most strategic crossing, can he?"
"He did order us to call the banners, Lord father."
"And that is what I shall do. But on the contrary to the garrison here, mustering the rest of our army will and shall demand some more time. I can also hire sellswords and hedgeknights, when necessary. But thill then, our remaining forces will be spread out on our lands, and march on the Twins when they reach full strength."
Stevron bowed. "I do gladly present myself to go out and assemble our armies, my Lord."
"Spare yourself the trouble", Walder barked, "I sent Walder Rivers yesterday".

"You sent a bastard..." Stevron shouted, but he was interrupted by Walder "To do a trueborn son's work? Yes. Rivers is a bastard, whilst your place is here, at the castle you will inherit. Besides you have very little military experience and I want you to command the garrison here, together with Black Walder. Our man might need training."
"I see al has been decided then." Stevron's voice was hard as ice.
"Please, spare me your hurted pride! Act as you please when you are Head of the House. But so long as I'm Lord of The Crossing, you will do my bidding, and do not take this so lightly. Commanding the men here is, in my eyes, more important than the field army."
Stevron bowed and muttered: "Why?"

"Because I reside in the Twins, and not with the field army." This time father and son grinned. Stevron retreated. "Assemble the rest of the family when our men are ready. I want everybody to see them. At least, if the bloody rain stops." Stevron promised to do so. Walder watched his son leaving, and his tow guardsmen re-entering the room. He looked down upon the map of Westeros, and convinced himself once more that the Twins were in the middle of the following storm. Whatever the outcome may be, things would prove interesting. Opportunities would soon present themselves. And if Lord Walder, Late Lord Frey, Lord of the Crossing and Lord of the Twins was anything, then he was a man of opportunities.
Last edited by Prince-Bishopric Of Liege on Sat May 19, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Estruia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Fri May 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Storm's End, 298 AL, Month1, Day 20

"Our Lord returns from King's Landing!" shouted the men on top of the walls of Storm's End as they looked out and saw Lord Renly's column advancing towards the Keep. He had been gone many weeks, and his return was very unexpected due to the fact that he was a member of the Small Council. Maester Steffon hurried across one of the walkways to the outer wall of the castle. He did not believe that his Lord was returning, because he knew what it meant if he was. It meant King's Landing was no longer safe and war was on the horizon.

It was another near hour before Lord Renly and his retinue of fifty knights and a hundred men-at-arms arrived at the massive Oak gates of the Seat of the Stormlands. When he finally entered the keep, he was greeted by cheery faces and grim eyes, for every man there knew that Lord Renly's return was a symbol of the chaos that would soon erupt across the Seven Kingdoms. Renly hadn't even made it into the Inner Sanctuary when Maester Steffon stopped him and pulled him aside.

"My Lord, what are you doing home so soon? We hadn't expected you for another half-year" ,said the Maester.

"King's Landing is in an Uproar. My nephew is calling for Jon Arryn's head and the destruction of House Arryn. He does not realize what horrors he is about to unleash upon the people of this land. He is acting out of foolishness and has demanded all Great Houses of the Realm join arms against the Vale and our dear friends, the Arryns" replied Renly, his head lowering ever further with each word.

"May the Seven save us, My Lord. What are we going to do?" replied Maester Steffon.

"We are going to do what my Drunkard brother would have done. We are going to do the honorable thing and voice our support of House Arryn. If my brother was anything, he was Honorable. Those Lannisters in King's Landing are going to ruin the Baratheon name, I tell you that now" Renly paused.

"Send a raven to the Eyrie, they will have the support of House Baratheon. Do not send word of this to King's Landing. Let them find out when they do not see our banners amongst their host of arms." said Renly, his head held high once more.

Renly turned to walk into the main Keep, but stopped short and turned back to Maester Steffon.

"One more thing. Send word to all the Holdfasts, Keeps and villages of our land. We are calling the Banners, we may very well need to march to war and I will not be caught unawares by that Blonde-haired boy upon the Iron Throne" said Renly

"Yes, My Lord. As you wish" replied Maester Steffon, bowing his head ever so slightly.

It was not more than a half-hour before dozens of ravens were flying out of the rookery, their wings flapping like the many heart-beats of a burdened War Horse. They carried the words that could start, or end a war. They carried words that could end House Baratheon of Storm's End, or House Baratheon of King's Landing. The Words were on the wind.

To: Jon Arryn, Lord of the Eyrie, Patriarch of House Arryn and Lord of the Vale
From: Renly Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End, Protector of the Stormlands and Brother to the Late Robert Baratheon
Concerning: Unwavering Loyalties

Lord Arryn,

It pains me to hear that you are accused of murdering my brother, but I know these rumors and accusations are false in origin. I know you would never harm Robert. You gave your first born son to the War against the Targaryens, to protect Robert and Eddard Stark. Know this now, you will always have a friend, ally and confidant in me and House Baratheon of Storm's End. My thoughts and prayers are ever at your side in this dark hour for you and your kind. I hope it does not come to it, but I will always defend the honor of my late brother and of your House.

Best Regards,

Renly Baratheon
Lord of the Stormlands
Lord of Storm's End
Brother of the Late King Robert
Last edited by Estruia on Fri May 18, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31/Genderfluid/ENFP Currently living in the US (Michigan).

Pro: Western Social Democracy, Western Liberal Democracy, Irish Freedom, United Ireland, Scottish Independence, Sinn Fein, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Pan-Celticism, Pan-Germanism, Guaranteed Minimum Income, 2SLGBTQIA+ Rights, Israel, Taiwan

Neutral: Gun Rights, British Labour Party, British Tories, Masculism

Anti: Islamism, Arab Nationalism, Palestine, Russian Imperialism, Ukrainian Nationalism, Pan-Slavism, LDPR, Vladimir Putin, Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Third-wave Feminism, Science-denial, Alt-Right Politics, China

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri May 18, 2012 4:36 pm

The Bloody Gate, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 21

"Lord Arryn! A raven has arrived for you!" Lord Arryn looked up from the table where his troops and know enemy troops were displayed on a map of Westoros.

“Who sent it?”

“Its from the Sormlands, Lord Renly sent it.” The messenger handed over the letter to John Arryn.

“It says Lord Renly plans to support me, glad tidings indeed.” John Arryn returned to studying the map. “This does not change our strategy, we will wait here for the Lannisters to make their move, now that we have reinforced the Bloody Gate.” Second send word to Old Anchor and Gulltown, I want our ships out and raiding the cost controlled by Kings Landing.”

Later that day Lord Aryn watched the forces drilling on the field, preparing for the coming battle.

“Master at Arms!” He called out, then waiting for his Master at Arms to approach. “I had an idea for our forces, train the men to fight together with shield and spear. This will form a shield wall that even knights and cavalry will have a hard time breaking. Second mix some of the knights on foot in with the regular troops, this will strengthen their resolve to fight in the face of the enemy.”

“Excellent idea Lord Arryn, I will begin it immediately.” The Master at Arms replied, heading back towards the training field.
Last edited by Spirit of Hope on Fri May 18, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Fri May 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Storm's End, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 22

Renly sat upon his Family's ancestral seat, the icy tendrils leeching into his bones from the hard stone upon which his hind-end rested. Maester Steffon sat at his side, pen set and paper before him.

"I mean to send a letter to our friends in the Riverlands. Be so kind as to write it for me, Steffon" said Renly.

"As you wish, My Lord. What is it you wish to say?" replied Steffon, his head upturned at Renly.

To: Lord Edmure Tully of Riverrun, Lord of the Riverlands
Concerning: The Trout swims in the Streams, and the Stag gallops through the Forest

Dearest Lord Edmure,

I am extremely saddened and disheartened by the loss of your father, Hoster Tully. He was a great man, and a greater warrior. May the Father judge him justly. I would most enjoy your company here at Storm's End, if even for but a night. There is much to discuss in these Darkest of Days. My Brother was Blood-Brothers with Eddard Stark, who is married to your Dear Sister Catelyn. Our families fought for the same man, and against the same man. Our families share a bond that is rare in this world. Surely, you share my sentiment when I say I would be most honored to continue to strengthen this bond, as my brother had before me.

I have a proposal for you and your kind as well. It saddens me that I am without a wife, and an heir. I would be most honored to be wed to a woman of such a Noble house such as yours. Surely, the sentiment is shared. A union of our two houses would be beneficial for both of our Houses, no? Surely there are many a beautiful and strong women belonging to House Tully, if Lady Lysa and Lady Catelyn are any testament to that. I wish you and yours well, and may the Seven watch over us in these Darkest of Days.

Best Regards,

Seal,
Renly Baratheon
Lord of the Stormlands
Lord of Storm's End
Brother of the Late King Robert Baratheon, First of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First men.

The letter was copied thrice over, one copy was to be sent by Raven, another by Rider and a third by the fastest Ship. Renly wanted to make sure all possibilities were thought of, and the necessary precautions were taken. This letter would reach Riverrun, one way or another.
Last edited by Estruia on Fri May 18, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pro: Western Social Democracy, Western Liberal Democracy, Irish Freedom, United Ireland, Scottish Independence, Sinn Fein, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Pan-Celticism, Pan-Germanism, Guaranteed Minimum Income, 2SLGBTQIA+ Rights, Israel, Taiwan

Anti: Islamism, Arab Nationalism, Palestine, Russian Imperialism, Ukrainian Nationalism, Pan-Slavism, LDPR, Vladimir Putin, Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Third-wave Feminism, Science-denial, Alt-Right Politics, China

Saragrossa
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saragrossa » Fri May 18, 2012 7:29 pm

High garden,289 AL, Month 1, Day 23

A raven had just flew into High Garden when Mace Tyrell sat to have his morning breakfast. A panic had swept through his courier staff as a young cupbearer rushed to his Lord and cried out. " M'Lord! Urgent news from the Realm. We have been recieving ravens from all over the Seven kingdoms and we weren't sure if they were offical until we gathered them all just now! " Mace Tyrell stood up and grabbed the young man. He slapped him across the face and shook him. " Damnit boy! Learn to catch your breath before you enter my HALL to give me my morning news " Mace chuckled as he grabbed a cup of wine and downed it. The once great knight had become a fat, balding mans whose only ambition was to further his riches and marry his daughter to a king. That was his dream and priority and now he read over the raven dispatches in disbelief. Maester Normund looked at his lord and simply said. " The last time you bent your knee for a king to go to war, you were outlasted by Stannis Baratheon at Storms end. Over a year and what did you have to show? A crippled son, and a pardon. Perhaps if we hastily join this conflict. Maybe the Next king wouldn't pardon us so easily. " The Maestar was quite out spoken but Mace needed to hear this.

The Conflict had now gotten to the point where Westersos would be engulfed in civil strife. With Jon Arryn the most honorable man he knew. He would surely have never resorted to murdering Robert in his sleep, espisically since he practically risked his life defending him and Neddard Stark against the Mad King. Why at the old age of 60 would Jon Arryn throw that all away. Robert was a buffoon but he didn't deserve murder.

The cupbearer informed Mace that Arryn had support most likely from Renly, Stannis and Neddard from the other dispatches. Mace recalled from memory that his youngest son Loras was in the company of Renly at a tournament which concluded at the beginning of the month. Mace knew that Jon Arryn had just reason to rebel against the King an he wanted his word. He called for a parchment and ink and called for ravens to be prepared.

To: Lord of the Vale - Jon Arryn

Time has been kind to us old friend. However it seems we are dragged into conflict that will consume the realm. I want to know the truth from you.

Mace Tyrell

Mace ordered his sons and several of his lords to Te
high garden which included his son Garlan and nobles fr
The houses high tower, Redwyne, Tarly among others to discuss their options.
" For Death & Glory "
Factbook of Saragrossa

Political Compass;

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

Arcerion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Riverrun, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 24

Maester Vymon scurried through the spiral staircases of Riverrun's keep, clutching a thin sheet of parchment in hand. He reached Edmure's tower, and found himself confronted by two guards dressed in the Tully red and blue. Each wore a mail hauberk, with a surcoat bearing the Tully sigil on its chest. They carried shields both, battered, scratched, and dented metal with the scarred trout facing outwards. The first guard raised his hand, motioning for Vymon to stop where he was. "What business do you have old man? Lord Edmure is... occupied." he said wearily, one hand on his sword. "I have a message from Storm's End for his Lordship, it must be adressed immediately." The guards looked at each other, and thought that the wrath of their Lord was worth the risk, and admitted the aging Maester. They opened the heavy oak door, to hear giggles and moans from within.

Edmure was busy under the furs of his bed, kissing the neck of Carellen Smallwood, of Acorn Hall. She moaned and arched her back, murmuring in his ear and he intensified his efforts to pleasure the woman underneath him. "Uh.. my Lord... I see this is an inconvenience but we have urgent matters to discuss." Edmure bolted up, covering himself with his tunic, and laughing. Carellen gasped and hid under the furs, hoping she had not been noticed. "Vymon, wait outside. I will join you shortly!" he laughed heartily and quickly began putting on his smallclothes. He slipped into his tunic and fastened his swordbelt, with a dirk hanging on his right, his sword on his left. Opening the door, he looked to the guards and asked, "Is not one of you competent enough to keep an aging Maester out of my quarters?" Both looked away, shamed by this admission. "It was a jest, see that next time no one enters, but I understand your reasoning. You, escort Lady Smallwood to where she wishes, do not leave her side unless ordered." Edmure said amiably, and followed Maester Vymon to his private audience chamber. "My Lord, a raven from Storm's End." he handed the paper to Edmure, whose brow furrowed as he continued reading the message. Vymon I have ravens to send. Tell Ser Ryger to ready an escort for myself, and to commission a ship immediately. We will be leaving Riverrun for Storm's End within three days hence. And prepare you quill for Storm's End, I mean to have words with Renly Baratheon.

To: Lord Renly Baratheon of Storm's End, Lord of the Stormlands
From: Lord Edmure Tully of Riverrun, Lord of the Riverlands
Concerning: The Trout visiting the End of Storms

Closest Renly,

I appreciate concerns expressed by your person as to my grievances due to my father's passing. He will be sorely missed, may the Father guide his soul and the Warrior guard him.

I agree our families are to be strengthened through marriage, however all of the maids of Tully have been claimed by the Starks or Arryns, and we have run out of brides. I would offer you however the presence of mineself at your court, which it seems would please your Lordship. I shall sail from Riverun in three days time, and arrive with my guards and court in a timely fashion, may the Crone give us guidance through these times.

I shall hopefully be at Storm's End soon,

Seal,
Edmure Tully
Lord Paramount of the Trident,
Lord of Riverrun

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Fri May 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Antlers, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 27

It was a gloomy, overcast day not uncommon in the region. Army tents large and small extended in every direction. To the unwitting observer it may have seen as if the castle of Antlers was under siege. Yet this was not so, the bannermen of the Crownlands were simply massing, ordered by their King to prepare for war 7,000 strong had been mustered at Antlers, preparing to march north into the Riverlands to join up with their Tully allies. In the thick smoke of the campfires, Ser Gregor Clegane walked amongst the soldiers. The mountain that rides was a foot taller than the tallest other soldier in the camp, he clutched a scroll as he strode up to one of his squires.

"Find a raven and send this to the Tullys up in Saltpans." He handed a scroll to the man. A young soldier in simple boiled leather and ringmail. "And while your in the castle, tell that wench who cooked my supper that if she gives me that atrocious stew again, I'll have her head."

The young man ran off to find the raven.

To: Ser Desmond Grell
Concerning: Deployment

Dear Ser,
I write to inform you that I have gathered the required swords to begin our march North. This army will march towards Maidenpool and from there to Saltpans. At this point I am uncertain if we will be launching an attack into the Vale with such few swords. More likely both our forces will be ordered to fortify so as to be prepared for either confrontation with Arryns or Starks should they come south. In any case, I look forward to seeing you in person, and better food! I can't wait to get away from the gruel served at this castle.

Seal,
Ser Gregor Clegane

Meanwhile, in King's Landing

"We need both more allies and more men." Cersei spoke to Maester Pycelle and Littlefinger in her solar. Clearly she was worried what Renly Baratheon would try now that he was in Storm's End. King's Landing was woefully close to the Stormlands and unlike the Arryns tucked in their Vale or the Starks far to the north, Renly's banners could threaten them directly if they were not prepared.

"Lord Baelish." Cersei spoke loudly and with authority, but also with a small sheen of uncertainty in her green eyes. "As master of coin I will leave it up to you to raise 2,500 Sellswords to bolster the defenses of King's Landing. We must be ready if Renly comes for us. If you must, borrow extra coin from the merchants in the free cities. A little debt is far better than seeing our fair city fall to my brother in law."

"As you wish, your grace," Littlefinger bowed and with a slight grin took leave.

"Pycelle you will send a raven." Cersei continued. "If Renly has one weakness, it may well be the lords of the Reach."

To: Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Warden of the South
Concerning: Aid

We understand that you are reluctant to align yourself to the crown, however I urge you to make the commitment. The Tyrells have long been the powerbrokers of Kings and Princes. Should you swear fealty, my son would be happy to name you, Mace Tyrell, Warden of the East as well as the South. Your House would be the strongest in the realm, and you would be able to avenge the loses that the Stormlords caused you during the war with the mad king.

Renly is not a fighter and nobody has heard word from Stannis. With your help, victory in the Stormlands would be a certainty.

Seal,
Cersei Lannister
Last edited by Delanshar on Fri May 18, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Albaie
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaie » Fri May 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Winterfell Month 1 Day 28

Eddard sat on his chair at the head of the great hall and looked out at all of his bannermen all the way from the Neck to the Last Hearth they had rallied to his banner brining him 15,000 soldiers. " My dear bannermen I have gathered you here to tell you no more will the North be a separate kingdom but from now until the end of time we will rule ourselves and not be ruled by a line born of incest between brother and sister but ruled by men of the North who know the North. " Eddard roared his men replying with roars every time. " Now we will march south and bring destruction down upon the traitors who support Joffery King of Incest and bring glory to those who don't, " Eddard roared his men's voices now screaming. " So are you with me " Eddard finished his men now all joined together in one chant. "
" For King Eddard lord of winter For the North. " They roared as servants brought in food to feed the mass.
Last edited by Albaie on Sat May 19, 2012 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Emperor Michael II Dubrack Dubracksson his most catholic majesty, the papal gentlemen, Crusher of the Republic. Emperor of Albaie islands, New Albaie, Rutenburg, Petrelle, Dubracksland-Newfoundland, Leifson-Newfoundland, Dubracksland, Firecount, Wetern, Retu, Tere, Ilop, Yerekn, Tenke and Hurte.
Crown Prince Dubrack Dubrack Dubracksson
Rated AAA by InterHoh Orginzation
King of the Nationstates Loyalist Resistance Army
Embassy Thread

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

Storm's End, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 29

Renly stood on the walls of his mighty keep and looked out over the sea. The green, murky sea churned in chaos. The Seven were angry. Someone has angered or insulted the Seven, but who? Renly thought back to the rumors he had heard from Jon Arryn's former aides, but surely his Nephew wasn't the product of incest. He knew Cersei, he disliked her immensely and found her hard on the eyes, but surely she would not defy the Gods in such a way.

He thought about it even more. His brow furrowed in frustration. His mind was torn. His nephew was a rotten brat and a snob, but he still felt some affection for the poor lad. Having a mother like Cersei would certainly send anyone into a rage and into madness. Renly began to pace back and forth between two of the braziers that lined the walkway.

"The Hair!" screamed Renly, who was unable to keep his voice down from the excitement of his recent realization. He ran back into the main part of the keep and found Maester Steffon.

"Maester, what is it you always told us as children? About Baratheon fathers and their offspring?" asked Renly, his eyes betraying his excitement.

"If I remember correctly, it was that every child with a Baratheon for a child always came into this world with hair as dark as the Seven Hells" replied Maester Steffon.

"Exactly. Every one of us with a Baratheon father has been born with Charcoal-black hair. Every. Single. One. Now why is it my nieces and nephews are all blondes and blue-eyed, like the Lannisters?" Renly paused to let that sink in.

"No, no that's not possible. The Seven would damn them all to the Hells for that. Cersei would never..." replied Maester Steffon.

"She did, and I can prove it too. Go to the Keep's library, and find me the Compendium of the Houses of the Seven Kingdoms. Write down the hair colors of every Baratheon boy all the way back to the time of Oys, our House's Founder. I bet you a thousand Gold Stags that they're all black-haired" said Renly, his face growing red as his blood pumped fast in his veins.

"Yes, My Lord. Do you wish anything more of me before I begin?" asked Maester Steffon.

"Yes, there is. Send word by rider to the Griffin's Roost. He is to raise an additional three-thousand levies from the Dornish Marches and ride North with a host of no less than 3,000 men. He is to rendezvous a small force of 700 men from Blackhaven, then with Lord Ralph Buckler and his men at Bronze Gate. Have the rider withhold these orders until he reaches Bronzegate. Ser Ronnet and Buckler are to remain at Bronzegate and await further instruction" said Renly.

"Oh, and if you could, would you find Ser Loras and send him to my Quarters? I have a few choices words for him about his father" added Renly.

"I am here to Serve, My Lord" replied Steffon before stepping away and going to work on the tasks given to him by Lord Renly.

Renly realized he was hungry, perhaps he would find something to eat, but he brushed that off and continued on to his quarters. Surely Loras would have asked the servants to bring cheese, fruit and wine. Renly decided that would suffice, after all, he didn't want to spoil his "appetite" for "dessert".
Last edited by Estruia on Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Endenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Endenia » Sat May 19, 2012 12:48 am

Casterly Rock, 298 AL, Month 2, Day 2.

Tywin studied the troop movements marked on the great map in his study, the massive table in the middle of the study was covered entirely by a map of Westeros with flags marking the deployment of troops across the entire continent. His intelligence network, while not as comprehensive as the ones employed by the Spider in King's Landing afforded him some amount of knowledge of initial troop deployment. Slewed all over the table were parchments sent by couriers and ravens from other Great Houses. Ser Kevan Lannister, the Maester of Casterly Rock and even his son Tyrion Lannister were in the study, awaiting any remarks from the Lord of the West. As much as Tywin had no love for his youngest son, the deformed imp of Lannister, he however had use for the imp's brain in this matter and Tywin realised he is fast running out of anyone he could even trust.

"The Great Houses are massing their banners, except for House Tyrell who have yet make any move for or against the King. Soon the Seven Kingdoms will be plunged into civil war, House Lannister must always be on the winning side. Tyrion. Your thoughts? I'm sure you have some thoughts on this."

Tyrion looked in surprise at his father addressing him, it was incredibly rare for his father to even acknowledge his presence much less ask for his opinion. "Well dear father, Eddard Stark has declared the independence of the North from the Iron Throne and according to last reports gathered is preparing to march down south with a host of over 15,000 bannermen. Jon Arryn has fortified himself in the Eyrie and is massing his own troops as well, we know the Eyrie is impossible to take much like Casterly Rock hence his position is secure for now. Renly Baratheon has retreated to Storm's End where I believe he is intending on claiming the throne as well with the troops he is massing. The Tullys have declared support for the Iron Throne while House Tyrell has yet to declare any support. Father, we must secure the alliance of the Tyrells, to secure our southern borders from any incursions by the Tyrells. A combined Lannister and Tyrell host would be unbeatable in the field of battle."

Tywin nodded quietly, his youngest son was right, House Tyrell had the capability to mass an incredible number of troops and would prove to be a decisive factor in the coming civil war. "Brother? What do you think?"

Ser Kevan Lannister studied the map silently, "My Lord, we have amassed two hosts at Lannisport and at Casterly Rock. I suggest we march towards the Twins to reinforce that passage from the North while the other host marches towards the Riverland. A show of force is required to demonstrate to the other Houses that the Lannisters are prepared and ready to fight for what is right."

Tywin shook his head at those words, "What is right?! Look at this!" He took two pieces of parchment and flung it across the table. "Your sister, Cersei sends me word that Jon Arryn murdered Robert Baratheon with the Tears of Lys. Murdered by poison! And this? From Jon Arryn stating that Joffrey is born of incest between the your sister and older brother. What honor is there left for House Lannister? These accusations would invalidate the claims of Joffrey over the Iron Throne. I need to know the truth to this at once."

After pacing about for awhile, he stopped and began writing down notes on pieces of parchment. "Tyrion, I am sending you to King's Landing at once. You will conduct the investigation for me into Jon Arryn's murder and the legitimacy of Joffrey's claim plus the accusations on your sister and brother. Do not tell anyone about this and send word back immediately by Raven. Do not let your sister stop you in this. As for this civil war, the one thing that concerns me is the Northern Rebellion, the Seven Kingdoms must remain the Seven Kingdoms, no matter who sits on the Iron Throne."

Tyrion nodded solemly, "Very well Father, I will try not to disappoint you at all."

To: Lord Mace Tyrell, Lord of the Reach
Concerning: Alliance

I believe like me, you have received the raven from the Eyrie accusing Joffrey to be a product of incest and thus invalid to the claim of the Iron Throne. House Lannister has yet to officially take a stance for or against the King and I will not make a move unless it is to restore the King's Peace across the Seven Kingdoms. I write this to you in the hopes of securing an alliance between our Two Houses, both Houses seek justice and order in this time of confusion, the two most powerful Houses of the Southern Kingdoms should...nay Must ally together to bring about the King's Peace, which is for now subjugating the Northern Rebellion, Eddard Stark has declared himself the King of the North and is massing bannermen against the Iron Throne. Despite whatever misgivings you have on King Joffrey, we must be in agreement that the Seven Kingdoms must remain the Seven Kingdoms and thus this Northern Rebellion must be subjugated immediately!

I await your reply.

Tywin Lannister
Lord of Casterly Rock
Shield of Lannisport
Warden of the West

To: Cersei Lannister, Queen-Reagent Of The Seven Kingdoms
Concerning: Tyrion Lannister

Daughter, I have received disturbing news from the Eyrie accusing you and Jaime of incest and that King Joffrey is a product of this relationship. Such accusations have already besmirched the honour and glory of House Lannister. I am sending your brother Tyrion to King's Landing as my representative in this crisis. He will represent me on all matters concerning this, you will accord him the respect that you accord me, should I receive any word that he is not afford the respect he has been given by me, House Lannister may cease to fund the Iron Throne. The entirety of House Lannister's bannermen have been assembled and are ready to march. Family is important Cersei but the honor of House Lannister is even more so, if I find out that Joffrey is indeed the product of incest between you and Jamie, I will personally march on King's Landing myself and enact the King's Justice against the guilty parties, whoever they are.

Tywin Lannister
Lord of Casterly Rock
Shield of Lannisport
Warden of the West

To: The Blackfish
Concerning: The Capital

I have been informed of your promotion to the Hand of the King. The Hosts of Lannister have been mustered successfully and await my command to contain the rebellious North.

Tywin Lannister
Lord of Casterly Rock
Shield of Lannisport
Warden of the West

To: Lord Jon Arryn, Lord of the Eyrie
Concerning: Accusation

Jon Arryn, I write to you now stating that House Lannister will not march against the Eyrie as ordered by the Iron Throne. I have decided to conduct my own investigation into the matter of Joffrey's birthright and claim to the Iron Throne. I ask of you to furnish evidence of King Robert's murder and the validity of Joffrey's birthright. The Armies of House Lannister march not against you but against House Stark for the integrity of the Seven Kingdoms must be maintained no matter what.

Tywin Lannister
Lord of Casterly Rock
Shield of Lannisport
Warden of the West

"Maester, send these letters at once! Tyrion, leave immediately for King's Landing now."

"At once Father."

Gates of Casterly Rock, 298 AL, Month 2, Day 3.

"Well I do hope we don't run into any trouble on the way to King's Landing. Father would be ever so displeased if I were to die. I guess you will have to protect me eh Cousin?"

Martyn Lannister nodded nervously, the idea of trudging from Casterly Rock all the way to King's Landing did not appeal to him but how could he say no to both his father Kevan Lannister and Lord Tywin Lannister, plus the idea that he had to protect the imp somewhat disgusts him, he remembered what his father told him, "Protect Tyrion Lannister son, if he should die, Tywin will have your head and then some." He shook his head nervously and sighed, 'Yes Cousin. Shall we go? The road is long and the trip urgent."

Tyrion nodded and started walking briskly, "I wonder what whores I'll find on the way there."
Peace. Order. Progress.

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prince-Bishopric Of Liege » Sat May 19, 2012 1:14 am

The Twins, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 29

The rain had ceased for the first time in days , and sun rays slowly pierced the clouded heaven. Still the air was cold and chilly, but Lord Walder did not care. Dressed in the official garnet of the House Frey, his ornate cape fastened with a brooch representing two towers, he fastened his gaze to the horizon. Stevron stood beside his chair, as well as ten of his personal guards. Things were running smoothly. The two thousand men in the Twins were prepared for what would come, and Walder Rivers had just sent the first thousand men of his levied forces to strengthen the garrison. They were mostly spearmen, excellent bowmen and heavy men-at-arms, skilled in sword fights. Lord Walder’s Forces were trained to fight in close and disciplined formations, and that discipline would come in handy during a siege battle. Walder Rivers retained an additional 1,500 foot and 500 horse: mostly hedgeknights and some heavy cavalry. Lord Walder was more convinced of the use of infantry, then horses, but they would come in handy. Horses were however completely useless during sieges, so Walder Rivers retained his favored cavalrymen. They would function as a screen and detect any enemy marches, whilst retreating behind the Twins if necessary. With 3,000 men, Lord Walder hoped to hold his keep. The Twins were strong, and he recently strengthened defenses, adding more catapults, trebuchets and strengthening the gates and the portcullis.

To raise spirits, Walder had ordered his entire garrison outside to march in again in parade-like style. As ordered, the entire family attended, women dressed in ceremonial gowns at men in suits of armour. His family looked, for once, lordly (with the exception of Lord Ryman Frey who looked morbidly obese and had food stains on his garbs. Walder had secretly disinherited him, and felt that was the right thing to do). But he could see that his family and his men were enjoying the spectacle. In rows of 10, a column of three hundred long marched into the Twins. It was a sea of blue and grey, mixed with steel. Everywhere Walder looked, he saw the sigil of his House, and that was one of the few things that fulfilled him with pride. Lord Walder was not a warrior, but he had taught himself to be a strategist. He did not like war, since war was bad for commerce, and despite the contempt of the Great Lords, it was commerce that made Westeros rich. He wondered how many of his men would be dead by the end of the month, but shrugged of that tought. The Lord of the Crossing would not provoke, but defend his lands, as every Lord vowed to do. If that meant the sacrifices of a few men, then so be it. He didn’t cause this war.

Walder watched from a balcony of the Water Tower how the column thundered by, marching on the beat of numerous drums and horns. Every time a row passed his high seat, the men would salute, shout and then proceed to quarter or duty. When the last troops entered the Twins, he ordered double guards to the gates, who could be closed a very quickly at any given moment. In a few days Walder River and his scouts would arrive, till then, he could only guess what would happen. Yet ravens brought news of new alliances every day, and the future became more and more grim. Lord Walder was a cautious men, and it was caution that made his House prosper. If the Great Lords wanted to fight, then so be it, He thought. He would sit here and defend his keep as he had always done. If one would like to cross, he would charge toll, as he had always done. And if somebody provoked the Lord of the Crossing, somebody attacked him then he would fight, no sooner, no later. If he was attacked, he would fight till the last Frey. Walder grinned. The Seven knows, that will take some time.
Last edited by Prince-Bishopric Of Liege on Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Saragrossa
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saragrossa » Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 am

The Highgarden, Home of House Tyrell, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 29

Mace woke to the morning to the sound of horses and men gathering outside his keep at the High Garden. He had ordered all his lords to his castle to attend a meeting. Tyrell despite wanting to capture the glory of the moment knew very well that despite his massive force, they can get boggled down and at Blackwater and Siege of Storms end, his house was quite ineffectual. His Maester entered his chambers and with two dispatches and Tyrell naturally opened The Queen's first. He needed to decide the side of Tyrell, their neutrality would cost them later on and he had to decide now. He grabbed his squid ink and some parchment paper and wrote his dispatchs to the opposing forces.

To: Queen Regent Cersei Lannister
From: Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Warden of the South
Concerning: Aid

My queen regent,
I ask for forgiveness for my delay. House Tyrell will support King Joffery and we will break these traitors on the field. However, we feel that the marriage between Lannister and Stark should be voided due to the treacherous actions of Eddard. I was hoping that we could bind our houses. I have a daughter whose's beauty is renown. I was hoping that we may discuss the potential rewards of loyal service once we vanquish the traitors but the union between our kin would be my most highest priority. I will gather my force in time and will send aid to King's Landing. I know Renly has a grand host that is preparing to march and we will meet him before he reaches King's Landing. However we do require that if we are going to dismantle Renly that you provide us with a small host of several thousand Unsullied, the feared warrior-eunuchs of Astapor. We are sure of Varys known innercircles of the Eastern world that you can provide that for us, we will be able to take Storm's end and destroy the Baratheon's traitors and end their claim for the throne.

Seal,
Mace Tyrell,
Lord of the House Tyrell,

Mace openned the dispatch from Tywin, a man he knew for ages and a man he would throw his lot with. Tywin was a great ruler, a great marshal who has never lost a war and if Tyrell were to back a house. He would back the Lannisters led by Tywin. He brought a house from dishonor to the forefront of Westersos. Tyrell called for some more parchment
as he wrote another letter to Tywin.

To: Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord of the Westerlands
Concerning: Alliance

Tywin. I believe we must be proactive in this situation and with Renly gathering a host and Eddard and Jon Arryn gathering their banners, it seems only certain that Joffery's forces will be completely out numbered. I will pledge my support to your grandson and I support your idea of an alliance between our houses. If the North defeat the king, we in the south will know only of a hard peace that will be pain to swallow. I do not care really for Joffery's lineage whether of its incest or fake. My only concern is that for the good of the realm, these Northerners would lay waste to our precious kingdom. We have always been dutiful and loyal to the crown and I will ensure that Tyrell stands behind their king once more. I suggest your rally your banners old friend, We need to be ready at any time if we are going to be dragged into this conflict.

I await your reply.

Mace Tyrell,
Warden of the South,
Lord of the Reach,

At his grand hall, the Lords of Ashford, Bulwer, Chester, Crane, Fossoway, Hewett, Hightower, Merryweather, Mullendore, Osgrey, Redwyne, Rowan, Serry, Tarly and Tyrell of Brightwater had arrived at Mace's keep in order to find out the nature of their call. Why their lord summoned them in the first place and they wondered whom they were marching against. Every lord and now every commoner for sure knew that War was going to engulf the realm and now they were waiting the fate of House Tyrell.

However in the confusion, three predominant Lordships dismissed Mace's summons and they were the lords of Florent, Oakheart, Vyrwel, who stated in dispatch that until they knew the actual result of the accusations of Joffery's birth that they would remain forever neutral in the conflict. Outraged, Mace was deeply angered and called for his banner-men to prepare themselves as they marched to Support Jofferys and vanquish the Northerner's rebellion.

Even so, Tyrell would effortlessly raise a host of forty to fivty thousand bannerman to march at Storm's end. He knew that if he took Renly's seat of power, he would ensure the honor of his house and break the rebellion in half. However, the lost of support of these three banner-man would provide a big blow, as they grand castles and had a decent host of men which would aid Mace however he said he would deal with these swines after he took Storm's end. Mace prepared his men and ordered him to send forth the army to march towards the Storm lands.

However, this would put his youngest son, Lora's in great jeopardy. The third son and arguably the most renown Tyrell would almost certainly become a hostage however Mace still had another two sons to contend with and wouldn't dare be on the losing end of another war.

When Loras was called in to face Renly about his fathers actions. He knew certainly that he would face bondage and chains so he looked at the dispatches and entered Renlys chambers.

" My lord, allow me to be frank. He is a fool and a fat drunkard who is only seeking to throw in his lot with the Lannisters to gain wealth. Renly you know me
Better then any other. I will swear my fealty to you and serve at your side. You will be the next king and I will forsake all my titles to be the first of yours King-guard so to hell with the Tyrells. I will not die for Joffery or my father. My pledge my sword and my life to you. Loras bent down and rose his sword for Renly to receive it. Loras loved Renly and couldn't face the fact that his father betrayed their common ally for a false king.
Last edited by Saragrossa on Sat May 19, 2012 8:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
" For Death & Glory "
Factbook of Saragrossa

Political Compass;

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

Sithaar
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sithaar » Sat May 19, 2012 9:54 am

The Great Hall, Winterfell, the Seat of House Stark, Month 1, Day 28

Roose Bolton sat among the other Northern bannermen at the great table, while Eddard Stark was delivering one of his typical speeches rife with honour. He boringly eyed his cup and waited for Stark's ululation to end. The crowed roared and went wild, and Stark commanded his servants to feed the guests. He had his cup filled with red wine and his platter with fine meat and bread. He gave his men a look. Some of them seemed happy sharing mead and meat with other Northmen, others boringly gnawed at their foods. He tried to spy his bastard, Ramsay Snow, but couldn't find him anywhere. Roose sighed, grabbed a piece of bread, and nibbled at it while eyeing the bannermen. The fool wants to wage war against the bloody Lannisters, Roose thought. He's a fool. A fool that will get us all dead, or worse. But he had to wait. He had to wait and see if the North even has a chance of winning in a war against the Iron Throne, or worse, the Lion.

Ramsay Snow
The Bastard was sitting in the corner, drinking wine, trying to avoid his father. He saw him send a Bolton soldier on a certain mission, much to the soldier's dismay, probably to look after him. He decided he did not want any of this. He donned his hood, and tried to sneak by everyone and leave the castle.

"Lord Snow!" A man's voice called.
"Great..." Ramsay sighed, and turned around. "Steelshanks! Great to see you... shouldn't you be at the Dreadfort?"
"Lord Bolton decided to take me with him, beats me why. He wishes to see you."
"What a surprise... I'll be right there."

He sighed and proceeded to the great table, where all the great lords and their legitimate children sat. One day I'll have the hide of each and one of them, Ramsay thought.

"Father." He groaned.
"Ramsay." Roose's eyes were black as dragonglass as he eyed his bastard.
"You wanted to see me?"
"I did. I want you to go back to the Dreadfort and await for further orders."
"Very well. What did you have in mind?"
"I'll tell you when it's time. Try to mask yourself better and leave unseen. It's best you're not seen on your way to the Dreadfort. Now go."

Ramsay bowed, and left. He left with a group of Karstark soldiers, hid his sigil, donned his cloak, and left. He headed to the stables to fetch his horse, and left by the postern door, which was luckily unguarded at the time. He mounted his steed, and rode east, to the White Knife.
Last edited by Sithaar on Sat May 19, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Üronteitat."
Political Compass

Delanshar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Delanshar » Sat May 19, 2012 10:42 am

King's Landing, 298 AL, Month 2, Day 3,

The courtyard of the Red Keep was full of armed men, practicing maneuvers and sword-handling. The sun shone blindingly down on them as they drilled from sun-rise to nightfall each day. Many were recently hired sellswords, others were gold cloaks. All were preparing for a war that could very well reach King's Landing. In a marble balcony overlooking the drill grounds, shaded by a large red silk, Cersei, Varys, Jamie Lannister and Maester Pycelle could be seen discussing their strategy in earnest. There had been ravens carrying both good news and bad.

"The Unsullied, that is a most interesting request." Varys scratched his chin. "Yes, when given the proper resources, we eunuchs can be quite fierce." Jamie Lannister gave off a chuckle at this. To him, eunuchs were many things, but fierce in battle was certainly not one of them. Varys went on, pretending to ignore the Kingslayer.

"In any case, I have many little birds in Slavers Bay, including the city of Astapor. I can provide our good ally Mace with these eunuchs. However it will take some time to hire them and bring them to Westeros in the numbers he seeks."

"And what of our father?" Cersei Lannister looked at Jamie. It was the look she always gave when she was worried. "What if he finds the truth? Would he really march on US?!"

Jamie only grinned, clearly he was not as worried as his sister. "Sis, you do realize who he has sent to investigate."

"Tyrion." Cersei muttered contemptously.

"Yes. Tyrion." Jamie leaned forward and held his sisters hand. "Our brother, Tyrion. Sis, he loves us. Perhaps you've been a little cold to him these past years but Tyrion and I have always been close. Much closer than our younger brother has ever been with our father. Even if he found the truth, I doubt he would let Tywin's wrath fall upon us. All is not lost, maybe when he comes just be a little nicer than you usually are."

Jamie got up. "In any case, this is a time for celebration. The Blackfish will be here soon to help us in our war effort and the Tyrells have pledged their support." The Kingslayer looked down on the soldiers drilling below him, a massive sea of men gleaming in the sunlight, he smiled and waved down to them, his golden hair waving in the wind.

To: Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Warden of the South
Concerning: Alliance, Betrothal

We are glad that your powerful family has pledged it's support for the true and rightful King, Joffrey Baratheon. As promised you are now appointed Warden of the East. As per your request, Varys has started preparations for hiring the slave warrior eunuchs from Slavers Bay. Also on the subject of the King's bride, we have heard many stories of the beauty of your daughter, Margaery and her wish to be Queen. We would be thrilled to have her come to King's Landing and marry the King. Such a union between our great Houses would make history.

Seal,
Cersei Lannister,

Estruia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 am

Storm's End, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 29

Renly walked over to Loras and cupped his cheek in his hand. A great sign of affection from one who normally resisted showing his weak side to people, regardless of their standing with him.

"Sweet Boy, You flatter me so with your words of fealty and your offer to serve me as my Kingsguard, but that is unnecessary. I do not wish to claim the throne, it would be much too tedious and dreadful. I merely want justice for my Brother and my Family's name. Joffrey sits upon that throne with my Family's name, and he soils it with every newly devised master plan that is utterly ridiculous" Renly paused and looked at Loras and smiled at him, noting how beautiful he was.

"I do not intend to deny you entirely, Loras. I would be honored if you served me as my Commander of the Guard, to ensure the safety of Storm's End and of my personal being. It would make me feel all the much safer knowing you're the one guarding me in the dark night. It will also bring comfort to me knowing that you will be kept close, safe within these sturdy walls and kept away from the impending storm that is coming. Will you, Loras? Be my Commander of the Guard? Will you serve by my side until I release you from my service?" asked Renly, never taking his eyes from Loras'.

Bronzegate, 298 AL, Month 1, Day 31

Ser Ronnet Connington sat atop his Black War-horse as he led his column of 3,700 men North along the road towards the seat of House Buckler. He had received very specific orders from Lord Renly that he was to strengthen the garrison at Bronzegate to force back any militaristic incursion from King's Landing and the Crownlands, but he was conflicted. Surely Lord Renly intended on deposing the Pretender on the throne, but few of the Stormlords actually supported that. Lord Renly certainly hadn't made any moves to depose his supposed nephew from the Iron Throne, but there were ravens from across the land speaking of Mighty Lords mustering their arms and marching forth to war.

"But what war do they march to?" thought Ronnet.

There was no war in the Stormlands, the Reach or the Riverlands. Surely it must be some minor conflict in the North, but no word has reached the Stormlands yet as to what the rascally Starks were doing, perhaps they were causing trouble for the King.

"That must be it, the Starks must be getting restless" said Ronnet aloud.

Once Ser Ronnet and his men arrived at Bronzegate, they immediately set to making camp outside of the strong keep's walls, but Ser Ronnet went into the castle instead, to meet and treat with Lord Buckler and learn the state of affairs of the land. After all, the Bucklers were the family that held the farthest lands to the North, so naturally they heard more and learned more than Lord Beric did down in the Dornish Marches.

When Ser Ronnet entered the Keep he was greeted by Lord Buckler and his Maester, they ushered him into one of the side corridors leading throughout the castle and began whispering to him in hushed tones.

"Ser Ronnet Connington, Word has come by raven from Storm's End. Lord Renly has new orders for you, Ser" said the Maester.

Ronnet looked at Lord Buckler to see if it was true. Lord Buckler nodded, affirming what the Maester had said.

"Well, come out with it. What does Lord Renly need of me?" replied Ronnet.

"You are to take a contingent of men, 1,800 in total, 100 knights, 400 Heavy Horse and 1,300 foot, and march North to the Riverlands. You are to meet with Lord Edmure of House Tully, and you are to ensure the safety of Riverrun and the Riverlands" answered Lord Buckler.

"How long do I have till I must leave?" asked Ronnet.

"You are to leave immediately. I have fresh horses all ready for you, and you may take my men, they are fresh and rested. May the Crone shine her lantern upon you and lead you truly through the Land. May the Warrior protect you" replied Lord Buckler.

Ronnet sighed and turned on his heels, leaving the keep and marching back out into the courtyard where he was met by a stableboy who handed Red Ronnet the reins for three horses. Ser Ronnet mounted up and began to trot out towards the camp when he was stopped by Bronzegate's Master of Arms.

"I am tasked with leading you to your men, Ser" said the Master of Arms.

"Very well, take me to them. I wish to leave as soon as possible" replied the Lord of the Griffin's Roost, his voice sounding very tired.
Last edited by Estruia on Sat May 19, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse