NATION

PASSWORD

the pentagram bloc

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

the pentagram bloc

Postby Dekerin Domains » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:00 pm

The members of the tripartite bloc invite draconia magna and new olwe to officially join them in a new peacetime alliance called the pentagram bloc in the belief that together with the alliance of small nations it will protect all of us against crusaders and bullies
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
"Hasn't this fellow read any books?" - Vladimir Lenin (Patrick Stewart) regarding Alexander Kerensky, Fall of Eagles
'"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
"Ya know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." - Xander Cage, XXX

Tiurabo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiurabo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:06 pm

((OOC: Total failure. This is badly done to the point of becoming SPAM. I will list the problems so as to aid in their correction, and no, I will not say 'go read the stickies'. I'm sure you know.

1) Spelling. Actually, this was pretty good, ten points, but,
2) Grammar. Total lack thereof. No punctuation of any sort, and the entire post is one run on sentence, technically making it a one-liner, and therefore bad.
3)Pointless. You're alliance has no point. It is entirely unrealistic, and if you require protection from your enemies, I advise you to seek out an established coalition.

That's the main things. Take care of it, clean it up, and well see. Also, don't put a spoon in your eye.))

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Ooc I did this on a cell phone as for the geopolitics this is merely the growth of the wartime alliance against egalitarian akros in peacetime
"Hasn't this fellow read any books?" - Vladimir Lenin (Patrick Stewart) regarding Alexander Kerensky, Fall of Eagles
'"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
"Ya know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." - Xander Cage, XXX

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:42 am

Tiurabo wrote:3)Pointless. You're alliance has no point. It is entirely unrealistic, and if you require protection from your enemies, I advise you to seek out an established coalition.

OOC: What part of an already existing alliance that he is simply trying to strengthen is "unrealistic"? You advised him to read the stickies... I'll advise you to read the posts of the person you're replying to if you're going to reference his IC history.

IC: New Olwe accepts the generous invitation from our friends in Dekerin Domains, and officially declares September 20th as a national holiday, Alliance Day.
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 pm

New Olwe wrote:
Tiurabo wrote:3)Pointless. You're alliance has no point. It is entirely unrealistic, and if you require protection from your enemies, I advise you to seek out an established coalition.

OOC: What part of an already existing alliance that he is simply trying to strengthen is "unrealistic"? You advised him to read the stickies... I'll advise you to read the posts of the person you're replying to if you're going to reference his IC history.

IC: New Olwe accepts the generous invitation from our friends in Dekerin Domains, and officially declares September 20th as a national holiday, Alliance Day.

We thank you for the gesture and welcome you into the Pentagram Bloc as a permanent ally (as if you weren't already, but this is a formalization of the fact). Incidentally, our other allies have informed us that they are interested in a trade agreement along the same lines.

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:25 am

We will expand our trade agreement with you to include them, then. This will hopefully allow all of our nations to prosper.

And on a completely unrelated note, the New Olwe Historical Society is trying to put together a War of Liberation exhibit at the New Olwe Museum of Weapons & Warfare. If Dekerin Domains, The Vorindun, or Macureus would be willing to donate used military vehicles and equipment, photographs/video footage or other relevant artifacts, we would appreciate anything that you can spare. If it meets with the approval of the current leadership in Dekerin Domains, we also want to commission a statue of your deceased head of state, Lord Parlas-yi-Rolunum, from renowned sculptor Catherine Miller and place it in the exhibit (we will send one over to you if you have need of it, as well).
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Both ideas sound wonderful I trust that you will gloss over the flaws of our last prewar leader in the monument and museum

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:59 am

Of course. By the way, it has also been suggested that a tournament be held in honor of the alliance. Since we're not sure how feudal the other nations in the Pentagram Bloc are, I wanted to ask if there was interesting in jousting, fencing and archery contests from the other four nations, or if this sounds like a bad idea to the rest of you.

Macureus
Envoy

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Macureus » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am

We're not feudal, but we have professional reenactors who would love to participate. Plus, we'll send over experts, if you like, to help with your exhibition. We have many museums on Macureus that explain to people our history and why our society is structured so much around logic and science.
Socially quite liberal, economically a bit more authoritarian. Not a fan of organized religion or traditional family values or the present social order. You've been warned.
"Audacity, audacity, this day, audacity, forever audacity!" - Georges Danton
"It is with regret that we pronounce the fatal truth. Louis must die so that France may live." - Maximilien Robespierre
"I did not seize the crown. I found it in the gutter and picked it up." - Napoleon Bonaparte

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 am

Macureus wrote:We're not feudal, but we have professional reenactors who would love to participate. Plus, we'll send over experts, if you like, to help with your exhibition. We have many museums on Macureus that explain to people our history and why our society is structured so much around logic and science.

Our Historical Society would be pleased to accept any help in that regard. Logic and science are concepts we embrace as well, but not to the same extent as Macureans so it's likely we have a lot to learn from you.

Macureus
Envoy

Postby Macureus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 pm

We propose that all members of the Pentagram Bloc agree to impose a full embargo on all trade with the Grand World Order while it threatens Vystercia-Nasucrea, and also that they all sell arms and give aid to the defenders against aggression. Military action is, we think, optional, since no member of the Bloc itself was attacked.
Socially quite liberal, economically a bit more authoritarian. Not a fan of organized religion or traditional family values or the present social order. You've been warned.
"It is with regret that we pronounce the fatal truth. Louis must die so that France may live." - Maximilien Robespierre
"I did not seize the crown. I found it in the gutter and picked it up." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Draconia Magna
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Draconia Magna » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:21 pm

We vote for an embargo as well, to teach a lesson to the arrogant fascist imperialism scum. National sovereignty and must be respected. We also agree to sell weapons and give non-military aid to the UK.
Last edited by Draconia Magna on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Postby The Vorindun » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 pm

We support these measures, and the Senate has further approved a decree that will soon be ratified by the People. To wit, that any and all Vystercian and Nasucrean refugees are welcome in The Vorindun territory indefinitely. National sovereignty is indeed sacrosanct.
"The privilege of opening the first trial in history for crimes against the peace of the world imposes a grave responsibility. The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated, so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated. That four great nations, flushed with victory and stung with injury stay the hand of vengeance and voluntarily submit their captive enemies to the judgment of the law is one of the most significant tributes that Power has ever paid to Reason." Robert H. Jackson

"Try to drive out Nature with a pitchfork. He always returns." - Horace

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:02 pm

We concur and endorse the full package of sanctions against the GWO and support for Vystercia-Nasucrea. Aggression must be stopped! National sovereignty is sacred.
Last edited by Dekerin Domains on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 pm

(OOC: Sorry, my power was out due to a storm. Back now, though.)

New Olwe also endorses the measures suggested by Macureus. Since we already have a military aid force in Vystercia-Nasucrea as a result of their previous conflict, it would appear that we are going to be placed in a position of offering more active aid as well... our battle group's departure has been inexplicably delayed. 8)

Antivictoria
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Antivictoria » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Antivictoria would like to join this alliance as well and endorses the anti-GWO proposal, too.
No longer any tech. Now strictly MT.

Macureus
Envoy

Postby Macureus » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:02 pm

I have no problem with Antivictoria joining us.

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 pm

New Olwe would support Antivictoria joining, as well. They seem to have much in common with us.

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:01 am

Since I know there are some FT nations in this alliance, I figured I'd alert everyone to the existence of this thread, which is an OOC thread leading up to a forthcoming IC attempt to bridge the historical gap nations have between their PMT and FT versions. Since I have in New Olwe's history that our first contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life was the Dekerins (they were, after all, my first allies), I figured we could RP that in the IC thread, and also throw in the other FT nations from the Pentagram Bloc (although if we're going with the whole "historical events occurring" thing, the Pentagram Bloc wouldn't technically exist yet in this particular RP).

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Postby The Vorindun » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Cool. This could be fun. Would the Dekerin-Akrosian War be past or present?
"The privilege of opening the first trial in history for crimes against the peace of the world imposes a grave responsibility. The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated, so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated. That four great nations, flushed with victory and stung with injury stay the hand of vengeance and voluntarily submit their captive enemies to the judgment of the law is one of the most significant tributes that Power has ever paid to Reason." Robert H. Jackson

"Try to drive out Nature with a pitchfork. He always returns." - Horace

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:08 am

The Vorindun wrote:Cool. This could be fun. Would the Dekerin-Akrosian War be past or present?

Future, actually. New Olwe makes first contact with the Dekerins around the time the Akrosians are preparing to invade, or at least that's what happened the first time around (we could always retcon it).

BTW, everyone should probably check out this thread, since New Olwe's about to become very heavily involved and Draconia Magna's jumped in too.

Also, we should probably decide what our group's stance on genocide is... there's a slight possibility New Olwe will attempt to exterminate the Armenians.

Macureus
Envoy

Postby Macureus » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:40 am

We propose a common currency. Would the other members be interested in such a system to facilitate free trade among us even further?

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:15 am

If nobody else objects to this proposal, we would be willing to change our currency. New Olwe currently has no system in place for printing paper money, though... we would need help from other member nations to set it up if we were required to use something other than metal coins.

Macureus
Envoy

Postby Macureus » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:22 pm

We could produce a card for the monetary system that would replace paper money and thus be more ecologically sound. Just an idea. It would be a cashless monetary unit and we could call it the credit.

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:55 pm

I like the sound of this as well. The Greens would really go for it, as eliminating paper money and saving trees.
Last edited by Dekerin Domains on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents