NATION

PASSWORD

Cloaks and Daggers: King's Gambit (Semi-Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Amber Kingdom
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Cloaks and Daggers: King's Gambit (Semi-Open)

Postby The Amber Kingdom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

Scarlet City, The Amber Kingdom
July 7th 1300ad
The Court of Blood

The lords and royals gathered at the long table, in the court of blood. After the civil war the hall had housed all important meetings of state. However, it was the first time the head seat, was left unoccupied.

Lord Ashley brought a silence to the anxious bickering and hushed conversations.

“The head seat is left unoccupied. Where is Prince Arvan, son of Varus? Why is he not attending? The kingdom needs leadership.”

“Ashely, Prince Arvan is collecting his men and gathering conscripts.” Replied Schwarz who had recently returned from the Dravkany border.

“Gathering men... For what? We have yet to decide on a response, yet alone a strategy.” Grumbled Prince Toban. His attitude was no surprised to the audience, it was common knowledge Toban was jealous of Arvan and despised the fact he was only the sixth prince to the thrown.

Footsteps echoed along the long hall, as Archbishop Blake made his usual late entrance.

“Prince Toban, an important asset of any leader is to consciousness to consider all scenarios. We have a number of... contingency plans in place.” Blake's condescending address of the prince resulted in gasps from some of the delegation.

“Do not think your nobility absolves you from etiquette Archbishop Blake. Be mindful of your words, or you may yet be held to account.” Scorned Toban, causing a smirk from Blake.

A man's bellowing voice echoed through the doorway...

“My Nobles! My nephews! My subjects. Too long have I be away from these lands.”

“What? It couldn't be?” Toban's eyes were wide in disbelief. “Impossible, he was banished from the kingdom.”

“Banished? I was serving the interests of my kingdom from afar and assisting my dear brother.” The man stepped into through the doorway. He had long white hair with rested past his shoulders and wore an expensive blue silken outfit, strewn with golden thread.

“His highness... Prince Charles! Has returned.” The royal knights guarding the door immediately dropped to their knees to salute their monarch.

“Heed my words, I shall take up the thrown of my late brother Varus. The Amber Kingdom shall no longer be subject to the will of foreign powers. Today we move forward to seize our new place in this world. The table is set, now we make our move.

“The northern fleet is ready your highness and the stage is set for Bolvald's liberation.” Said the kneeling Blake.

“What! You made these arrangements without consultation Archbishop!?!” Schwarz shouted angrily from the back of the hall.

“I have appointed Blake as the Head Archbishop of our Alchemian Church”

“There's no such thing...” Muttered Lord Thimley, as the other court members debated.

“He moved under my instructions,” bellowed Charles silencing the court, “The table is set, we move on three fronts. All hail the Amber Order!” Charles raised his fist, punching the air.

A chorus of chants echoed from a number of court members.

“All hail the Amber Order! All hail the Amber Order!” Gradually more members joined the chorus raising their fists into the air.

“All hail King Charles!” Cried Blake, forcing all court members to acknowledge what had recently transpired.

“All hail King Charles! All hail King Charles!” Their voices shook the foundations of the building and would eventually shake the very foundations of the kingdom.

OOC: Bolvald I'm ready for your introductory post :) Let me know if there was too much drama and talk, I tried to add titbits of information.
Last edited by The Amber Kingdom on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
NS Country - The Kingdom of United Divinia
RP Country - The Holy Empire of the Amber Kingdom
Amber Factbook http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10572
Military readiness 5%

Bolvald
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolvald » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:25 am

Monozar, Capital of Bolvald
June 30th 1300ad

A group a five nobles congregated in the dark cellar of a tavern. They had gone to many lengths for their gathering to be kept secret from their peers. A bearded stout man by the name of Batcha Gorgi paced up and down along side an oak table where the other men were seated.

“Where is that Amberman,” muttered Batcha “He's three hours late.”

They reached for their weapons as footsteps echoed from the cellar staircase. They considered as the door handle turned whether their plot could have been discovered.

OOC: I've sent the map sent to your e-mail Amber.

Return to International Incidents