NATION

PASSWORD

Consortium [Invite Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Consortium [Invite Only]

Postby Doomingsland » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Norska, the Kraven Reich
Segmentum Meridianus
AD 25543.C21 (September 12th, 2043 Doomani Calendar)
1900 Local

Thought for the day: It is not the Horror of War that should trouble you, but the Unseen Horrors of Peace.

The Atlas-D transport came to a steady hover above the air field, its four massive tiltrotor engines rotating skyward in its approach. There was no question of to whom this aircraft belonged to; the Aquila Imperialis was emblazoned in black on its white and grey camouflage scheme on the side of the fuselage, and beneath the cockpit was the acronym 'SPQD', with a large golden Labarum embedded in each engine pod. This was not the first time the Doomani had dealt with Kraven; unbeknownst to many, many shadowy dealings had occured between the two in the past decades: exchanges of technology, diplomatic agreements, all occuring under the utmost secrecy. The pilot's approach had been superb, especially given the torrential snow which poured down upon the base. Spotlights cut through the darkness, illuminating the landing sight around which an honor guard of Capitol Police stood like statues, their weapons at shoulder arms.

The aircraft touched down gently, and the engines began to power down, their rotors slowly coming to a stop. It was a tense few minutes before they had finally stopped spinning; no sign of life had shown from the aircraft, whose windows were tinted. Suddenly, the crooning of hydraulics sounded over the howling wind. The side door, facing towards the nearby terminal, steadily dropped open, revealing a set of steps. Without a word being spoken, the dormant Capitol Police snapped to present arms as the first of the passengers stepped down from the aircraft. A behemoth of a man, the tall black crest of his helm indicating him to be a member of the Palatine Guard, strode down the steps, taking up his place beside the foot, followed by one of his comrades. One by one the men filed out, clad in white and grey camouflaged greatcoats, their AVIR rifles slung over their shoulders. Their faces were hidden behind white wool balaclavas, their eyes shielded from the storm by goggles.

Four unarmed men followed, clad in grey greatcoats, wearing woolen skullcaps. The light grey scheme of their clothing indicated them to be slaves, albeit very important ones. A final figure appeared at the threshold, red light from the interior of the aircraft casting an eerie glow about him. He was a tall, slender yet handsome man with the eyes of a serpent, though the gold-trimmed black greatcoat and miltia cap he wore made him appear considerably more imposing. He was Gaius Quintus Livius, Magister Nuntiorum and Voice of the Emperor. A smile parced upon his lips, he made his way down towards the walkway upon which a red carpet had been rolled out. All at once, all present snapped a crisp stiff-arm salute, palms horizontal to the ground, which he promptly returned. He had found it quite refreshing to find that these people used a salute nearly identical to those used by civilized folk on his first visit to Kraven.

The light emanating from nearby guard towers shone off the golden Aquila emblazoned on his cap, and he took a long breath of the cold winter's air, exhaling exhuberantly.

"It has been far too long!" he said allowed to nobody in particular with his serpentine smile.

Three officers in black trench coats approached him, the commanders of the detail. He recognized two of them as officers of the Kraven-SS, while the third appeared to be a member of their equivelent of the diplomatic corps, though he too wore a military uniform, as was the way of Kraven. The barking of German shepherd dogs could be heard in the distance, near the barbed wire fence that surrounded the perimeter.

They are ever so fond of barbed wire, these Kraven folk, he thought to himself, noting its coiling around the roof of the nearby terminal. He found it to be a bit of an eyesore, but then again he didn't expect them to be particular adept with decoration. This was, after all, a military base.
Last edited by Doomingsland on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:58 pm

"Yes, I have visited Norska many times before," he motioned for one of his slaves to fetch the travel papers.

He'd felt rather insulted the first time they'd demanded his papers, but he'd since gotten used to it. If anything he found it to be a good practice: one should make sure one isn't dealing with an infiltrator. The slave produced a gold leaf folder and handed it to the officer before stepping back, one step behind and to the left of his master according to custom.

"I always seem to arrive when it is coldest," he chuckled. "It is quite different from my homeland..."

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:37 am

"Indeed," Livius chuckled as the officer spoke of them wanting to forget previous attrocities as he watched the civilians being dragged off.

Some things never changed. "I look forward to this tour! I've always enjoyed such occasions."

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:52 am

Livius took off his greatcoat and militia cap, revealing the white robes of his station and his snow white head of hair. This heat was something closer to what he was accustomed to. He always enjoyed touring the arms foundries of foreign nations; it gave him a good idea of the arms used by both allies and potential enemies.

"Magnificent..."

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 pm

"I would be delighted, of course, gentlemen!" replied Livius, obviously amused at finding these me off-guard like this.

And of course, a Doomani rarely refuses a drink when offered one. He was quite interested to see what the Sardaukar had to offer in this area; he'd seen enough training operations to have a pretty good idea of what to expect in the other, though he was polite enough to indulge them none the less. If his old friend Helghan was so adamant on him visiting this place there was likely a good reason for it.

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:04 am

Livius sipped his drink before speaking, "The armor with which you equip your Bashaar appears quite heavy and bulky...I am curious as to how badly this restricts their movement, and how much protection this affords them. I know in our military we have moved away from such setups that were imposed by the father of our all-conquering Emperor and have instead allowed our forces to adopt lighter systems that afford greater mobility, which we have found in various studies to improve overall performance and survivability of our men..." prior to this he hadn't offered any particularly enlightening insight into military matters, and so this torrent of information coming from the mouth of the Doomani foreign minister would likely have pleasantly surprised his hosts.
Last edited by Doomingsland on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:24 am

"It is good to see you too, my friend!" Livius responded, obviously more pleased to be conversing with an old friend than intimidated by the monster he had become as a result of his greivous injuries.

Certainly when Livius had first met Helghan many, many years ago he'd been normal by comparison, a man of flesh and blood. When he'd visited Helghan after the unfortunate incident in which the Kraven dictator had been plunged into a vat of acid, he'd been most distraught at the sight, though pleased to see his intellect and prowess had remained. Over the years he'd become accustomed to abomination that had become of his friend, though he'd occasionaly suggested to Helghan that he come to Doomanum to recieve surgeries to remedy his horrific mutilations. After all, his own beloved Emperor had suffered monstrous wounds of his own that would have killed any normal man, or at the very least left him a charred husk barely resembling a human. For his part, Helghan seemed to embrace the monster he'd become, and respectfully declined each time.

"I bring the greetings and salutations of the Emperor, blessed be His name, and most excellent news of his most recent decision..." he allowed his voice to trail off as he reclined in the high backed chair, taking a jeweled, gold-plated document folder that had been intricated carved by the finest Doomani artisans with the imagery and symbols associated with the Doomani and Kraven empires.

Stamped at the forefront was the Caput Mortis, the Crusader's Death's Head: Seal of the Emperor. This was a document forged at the direction of the Emperor Himself.

Handing the golden dossier to Helghan, he spoke,

"Caesar has proposed that at long last, after decades of quiet cooperation between our two mighty empires, that a permenant, official alliance be forged between the Imperium Doomanum and the Kraven Reich."
Last edited by Doomingsland on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am

"Yes, it would, should the circumstance call for it. A mutual defense pact is an obvious first step, with cooperation in...other endeavors more open ended, to be negotiated beforehand so that we can maximize our coordination in such efforts."

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:50 pm

"It is funny that you should mention this Corporate Alliance," replied Livius nonchalantly, "Not one week ago do I recall my liege lord cursing that ilk and saying something about seeing them burn in a mighty pyre...you know how he can be," he chuckled.

"I must speak to my Emperor, but I believe his response will be favorable. Indeed, we've recently had a good deal of forces freed up from our campaign in Origamia," he paused for a moment, reclining in his seat and stroking his chin, appearing to ponder upon Helghan's words, "As to whom would join us in such an endeavour, I do believe that our Freekish allies have been baying for blood recently..."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents