NATION

PASSWORD

The Stanian War (MT, Semi-Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mosulistan
Attaché

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Stanian War (MT, Semi-Open)

Postby Mosulistan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:33 pm

OOC:
This is set as semi-open simply because I don't want it to be overcrowded. Feel free to join in if you are within the first ten, but if people start joining after then, I'd like a TG first. Also, please direct all TGs to my main account Lolzieristan, where they will be noticed faster.
Link to the map of Stania

President Muhammad Hossayin looked over the highly classified communique from his allies in Voroska. As he looked over the words, incomprehensible to all people but the inner circles of the two most dictatorial governments in Stania, he broke into an insidious smile.

GREEN-LIGHT CASE DESTINY: TAILWIND ADVISED TO MOVE ON OBJECTIVE 1. MAJESTIC MOVING ON OBJECTIVES 2 AND 3.

Hossayin reached for the red phone on the right side of his desk. There was no dial-tone; it was answered in a second by an officer in the Mosuli High Command. Hossayin passed the message on to the colonel on the other end, who immediately began to spread it. Within two hours, multiple troop trains were leaving military railyards in western Mosulistan, bound for the border of Al-Sadria. If the Sadrians had any satellites in range at the time, they would have seen passenger and freight trains; the measure was unnecessary, because they didn't. In addition, the Air Force was put on high alert, its bombers ready to precede the armored spearheads by mere hours.

Hossayin's gaze shifted to the portrait of his father, also named Muhammad Hossayin, who had attempted to add Al-Sadria to his country in the past. Then the Ruridovans occupied his country, executed him for "war crimes"; when they left, nothing had changed, they had only won a hollow victory against the "axis of evil" for them to flaunt in the Cold War surroundings of political and military one-upsmanship. Al-Sadria- and her oil- would belong to him. This time, he had the means at his disposal to ensure it. Weapons, soldiers...and allies.
Last edited by Mosulistan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY CULT OF PERSONALITY IS BETTER THAN YOURS. Deal with it, or face my WMDs!
Our national anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GcUutnU2gk

Voroska
Secretary

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Voroska » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 pm

The Generalissimo of Voroska also reached for a similar red phone- this one linked to the Voroskan Armed Forces Headquarters, known as Liberty Point. The Generalissimo, also known as General Joseph Caldera, was free enough from his own propaganda to recognize the irony in this name. He ordered the movements on the neighboring islands- weak in defense, powerful in natural resources and economics- to begin at once.

The Voroskan Navy set sail, both of its carrier groups departing ports on the west side of the island. The first was destined for the Strait of de Gama, putting it squarely between the two islands it would be occupying shortly. The second sited itself between the Oceanic Triad and the Continent, hopefully deterring any foreign naval aid that would go to these pitiful nations. As the Voroskan Air Force prepared a number of paratroopers and bombers for the preliminary strikes before the amphibious assault would begin, the Special Operations Batallion began its missions- sabotage, sowing of confusion, and assassination of leaders. They would be fighting a dirty war- and the Generalissimo didn't care. If the islands were rough enough to harbor significant rebellions, he would have used them instead.

The Mosulis would probably take the brunt of foreign aggression, Caldera reasoned. All the better for him, since the Mosulis thought the other way around. A game of deception, even amongst allies- war is hell.
Our national storefront: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=134684
Proud shady OPFOR; if you need a devil's advocate in your RP, just let me know!

The RPing population of this country is set at 1.21 billion, to combat inflation.

Al-Sadria
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Sadria » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 pm

"Captain, you seeing this?" the copilot of the patrol plane asked his superior. "Good God, Rashim! I am!"
The alarm was raised in the Sadrian Military Command immediately. Centered in Kuesqua, they were having to rely on secondhand repots, but their meaning was clear enough. The Mosulis were doing it again.

Marshal John Coolidge, the Commander-in-Chief of the Sadrian Self Defense Force, winced as he got the reports over the radio. His experiences in the Mosuli-Sadrian war in the 1980s taught him just how serious the Mosulis were when it came to invasions. The Ruridovans had to practically level their capital city before they gave up on Al-Sadria. He scrambled his Abrams tank crews (his- he had to shake that thought. They weren't his command any more), both dreading and welcoming the thought that these were the very same tanks that drove back the Mosulis last time- thirty years ago. He wouldn't be leading the charge himself, as he loved to do, but he had to serve his country.

The Sadrian Air Force, and its colleagues in the Sadrian Air Defense Corps, scrambled just as fast, determined to stop the Mosulis short of the horrendous losses they accrued last time. They had even better missiles this time, better planes too. That was hopefully enough to make a difference. Mosulistan had over sixty million soldiers in its military; Al-Sadria had fewer than two million professional soldiers.

Infernala
Attaché

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Infernala » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:02 pm

((OOC: A big obstacle to my joining RPs is that they wouldn't concern my country. Would this perhaps be near a real-life continent such as South America? Only real reason I can think of for my country to join, but I want to join an RP so badly))
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=I ... _Infernala
MY factbook, including my painstakingly hand-crafted military information.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:46 pm

OOC: Go ahead, for the purposes of this RP the continent is about where West Africa is on the globe.

Two reference points for this RP:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=129796 (Cold War Rising, get a taste for Al-Sadria, Mosulistan, and Lolzieristan)

And the war this evolved from:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130362
Last edited by Lolzieristan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Far above, in orbit, satellites gazed on. They were not, of course, Al-Sadrian satellites – they were Allanean satellites, military and commercial alike. They assembled information – photographs in several spectrums, recordings of radio communications. It was not clear what was going on – the inside details of Mosuli and Al-Sadrian politics not known to Allanean intelligence, and previous resources not dedicated to cracking Mosuli encryptions. But one thing was clear: the Mosuli were, once more, on the move.

The Allaneans were not willing to engage any side – not quite yet. Already the bulk of the Allanean Armed Forces was prepared to fight in a vicious struggle on the Pudite Front, and it was not clear if the nation would have the resources to fight another war – especially when so little was known of either participant. But it would not do to simply stand idly by, either. Thus, Nicolae Carpathia, head of the Allanean intelligence services, issued additional orders to his men.

Research teams were formed, and assignments formulated. Historians dug in open information sources to find out as much as possible about the two countries, their societies, and the background to the war. Photography analysts poured over the satellite photography of the area. Hackers poked at publicly-connected websites to see if anything was stored on the secure areas of their servers. Before they could form a report for the Allanean House of Representatives, more information was needed.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Lolzieristan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 pm

President Nikolai Beslavaky gasped as the LCD televisions in the War Room showed livestreams of the 1st Republican Guard Division rumbling down the Mosuli highway, bound straight for the Sadrian border. "You know what this means, right, Mr. President?" General Alexander Volodya inquired.
"Da."
The Mosulis are scum, Beslavaky thought to himself as he unconciously thumbed the pistol hidden under his coat. They don't have the balls to strike out on their own...last time they had the Legionicans on their side. Who is it this time?
A glimpse at a set of satellite photographs answered that quickly enough. "Admiral Emmitovich, those naval groups...Voroskan?"
Vladimir Emmitovich nodded, his admiral's cap tilting nervously in his hands. "It seems the Voroskans are moving in conjunction with the Mosulis to hit the other islands..."
Just as I feared, Beslavaky thought to himself.
"Activate the reserves, we have to be ready. The Sadrians are innocent, but they are helpless as well. God help us all."
Last edited by Lolzieristan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Kauvara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kauvara » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 pm

BRIEFING ROOM, IKS KAZDEN
CARRIER GROUP "INVICTUS," 100KM. WEST OF ST. REDONZA ISLAND
14:54 HOURS (LOCAL TIME)

Carrier Group Invictus
"I want those numbers rechecked, Lieutenant!" Admiral Cadus Vorens called out.
"Aye aye, Admiral!" a young officer replied.

Vorens had just delivered a report regarding the mass numbers of troops that were bound for the small country of Al-Sadria. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers were bound for the borders by air, land, and sea. He turned, looking out the window at his assembled battlegroup, chewing on his father's pipe. He never really smoked it. It was not against regulations or anything, he just... didn't. He liked to tell himself it was for health reasons. But it was really because he did not want to let go of his father by wearing out his pipe. Lucius Vorens, his father, had died a hero in the Vulpesian Grand Navy during the War of Unification. Due to his sacrifice, Kauvara was united under one banner. He would never forget. The side of the pipe had "L. VORENS - FOR DUTY" written on it. It was a family heirloom. Ever since his father died, Cadus had worked hard, starting out as a lieutenant on a destroyer at the age of 21, and working his way up to the rank of Admiral, 48 years later. He was not going to let his father down now. He had worked too hard. He had engaged the Lolzieristani's before. But, during that war, another threat rose, and the two nations worked together. Now, maybe they would again. He was suddenly knocked from his revery.

"Admiral, the numbers were wrong..." the lieutenant whispered.
"Well, speak up boy! What was wrong?" the Admiral asked.
The young man looked around. His nervousness reminded Vorens of when he was an Ensign.
"Sir... There are more... They're massing..."
Admiral Vorens caught himself before he balked. "Understood, Lieutenant. Very good work. Back to your post, quickly now."
"Aye aye, Admiral!" the young man replied.

Vorens turned back, facing out of the window, his bright white uniform boldly bright, his medals shimmering proudly. "Tell the Al-Sadrians... They are not alone."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO: Marshal John Coolidge
FROM: Adm. Cadus Vorens, Director of Operation Sadrian Shield
SUBJECT: Assistance
ENCRYPTION: HIGH
ATTACHMENT(S): 1

Marshall Coolidge,

My name is Admiral Cadus Vorens. My fleet was nearby when we picked up heavy movement. I have asked my government, and we have been authorized to provide you with assistance. Our intelligence indicates that the Voroskan fleets are heading for the islands of St. Redonza and Tonteria. My carrier group stands ready. Attached is our order of battle that stands ready to assist you. We can be positioned between the islands on an intercept course within 12 hours, as soon as you give the go ahead. We can also have ground forces deployed within one week, should you request them. The Kommandorian Omega Fleet, under High Admiral DiBartolo, is also in the area, and you will likely hear from them soon, as well.

I understand if you are hesitant to ask for our assistance. As such, I have the following to tell you. In Aldard, we lost over 1,000,000 of our brave soldiers fighting the forces of Kommandoria, O5vx, Patoma, Aulszreich, Draviousa, and even the legions of Ralkovia, a tragedy our military has never fully recovered from. But we saved 7,000,000 innocents. In the Darksnow War, our brave pilots placed themselves squarely between the Kommandorians, Lolzieristanis, CDSPians, and Sovietyetans. We lost entire squadrons of our brave pilots. But we saved 2,600,000 innocents. Around the world, our special forces have been the wrench that keeps the gears of war from moving, saving untold millions of lives.

We ask you now, let us help you. We ask for nothing in return. Let us help you, Marshall. Your military is mighty. Allow us to add our might to it.

Sincerely,
Admiral Cadus Vorens, commander of Battlegroup Invictus, director of Operation Sadiran Shield

-1 heavy carrier: IKS Kazden
-4 cruisers: IKS Fox's Wrath, IKS Wolf's Bane, IKS Kit's Savior, IKS Pup's Protector
-8 destroyers: IKS Clades, IKS Vitae, IKS Ignis, IKS Verum, IKS Lumen, IKS Conciliator, IKS Arcus, IKS Triumphus
-1 air wing: 1st Honor Squadron, 5011th Naval Warfare Ground Attack Squadron, 8492nd Naval Warfare Interception Squadron

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Message away, Admiral!" the communications officer called out.
"Excellent work," the Admiral responded softly, never averting his gaze from the window. On the horizon was the Strait of De Gama. They would have to hurry if they wanted to get there in time. "Vice-Admiral Septimius," Vorens said into his radio.
"Yes, sir?" Septimius replied, from the bridge of the IKS Fox's Wrath.
"I think we're getting a little soft..."
"Sir?"
"I say we engage in some maneuvers. Keep the men fresh."
"Yes, sir. Where?"
"The Strait of De Gama."

The fleet powered forward, making its way to the fateful battlefield.
Last edited by Kauvara on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We're a PMT/FT nation of humans. That's right, just humans. Not psychic supermen, nor crazy cyborgs, nor massive mutants. Just normal human homo sapiens trying to make our way in this insane galaxy full of wonders, horrors, and everything in between.

Al-Sadria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Sadria » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Marshal Coolidge looked up from the high-tech command display centered like a boardroom table in the Central Command Room; an aide was descending the metal staircase as fast as he could. "Sir!", he shouted. He reached out to Coolidge, a freshly printed communique in his left hand.
As the Marshal's eyes scanned the inconspicuous white letter paper, his eyes widened. He saluted the aide, more as a sign that he was dismissed than as a sign of authority, and the aide returned it sharply, making it a point to hold it longer than his boss, even though he was technically a civilian. Coolidge sat down at one of the computers in the rows of command stations, and began replying on the same encryption channel the message had come from.

TO: Adm. Cadus Vorens
SUBJECT: RE: ASSISTANCE

Admiral Vorens,

I thank you for your selfless dedication to the welfare of our sate. We are greatly in need of naval support, considering that we have no naval vessels larger than patrol clippers to intercept smugglers. Be warned that the Voroskans, cowards that they are, are devoted to submarine warfare and similar underhanded tactics of warfare. We understand that your nation possesses powerful special forces units; these may serve their purpose hunting down the Voroskans' "Special Operations Battalion", a black-ops warfare unit dedicated to fighting deep behind our lines, destroying our communications arrays, our depots, and even our command structure. We would appreciate assistance in countering this threat; I'm ashamed to report that we lack sufficient capabilities to do so ourselves. Any support you may offer in these trying times would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Marshal John Coolidge, Commander-in-Chief, Sadrian Self Defense Force

Kauvara
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kauvara » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:51 pm

BRIDGE, IKS KAZDEN
CARRIER GROUP "INVICTUS," 50KM. WEST OF THE STRAIT OF DE GAMA
16:32 HOURS (LOCAL TIME)

Admiral Vorens walked across the bridge, looking out the window. Ahead lay the Strait of De Gama. It was getting closer by the hour. It would be tough to fight in there. Closer quarters than the aging Admiral would like. However, they would still be able to maintain formation and have blue-water status effectiveness. His thoughts drifted to his wife, Henrietta, to his son, Cassius, and to his grandchildren. They were all living in Danik, a beautiful coastal city in Kauvara.

DRYDOCK SUPERSTRUCTURE ALTEC
DANIK, IMPERIUM OF KAUVARA
18:58 HOURS
22 DAYS PRIOR TO OPERATION SADRIAN SHIELD

"Mom, I want to go see the boats!" little Munio called out.

The Vorens family was assembled at the dock, and the Carrier Group was preparing to embark on its journey. Sailors were running everywhere. The IKS Kazden stood brilliantly in the setting sun. Out in the Danikan Bay, the rest of the ships were assembling, awaiting their command craft.

"In a minute, darling. Let your father talk to grandpa," his mother cooed.
"It's OK, dear," Cassius said. "Take them up top. They'll get a good view. I'll be right there."
"Alright, Cassius. Come, little ones! Let's go watch grandpa's boats!" she said, walking away with the grandchildren. Cassius and Cadus stood on the dock together. Nothing was said for a good minute. Cassius was wearing his captain's uniform, having just received his commission. He was a younger man, in his late 30s. Cadus, on the other hand, wore the brilliant uniform of an admiral, as it shone brightly in the orange glow.
"Dad, I-"
"It's OK, Cassius..." Cadus said, putting his arm on his shoulder. "Salt water runs in our veins, lad. We both knew this day would come."
"But when will I see you again?"
"Don't worry, it's just a patrol. I'll be back in a month."
"Yeah... Yeah, alright. Good luck, dad."
"You too, Captain." Cadus saluted his son. Cassius smiled, returning the salute. The old admiral turned around, walking up the gangplank.

Cassius stood on that spot for a long time. The ropes were detached. The massive carrier left its moorings. The Kazden joined with the rest of the fleet. The carrier group disappeared over the horizon. Cassius turned around, making his way to his wife and children. When he finally got to them, his wife looked to him. "You OK, Cassius?"
"Yeah, I'm alright." He looked to his children. "Did you see your grandfather's ship?"
"Yeah! It was huuuge! Someday, I'm gonna be on a boat just like that!" his son replied excitedly.
Cassius laughed. "And you will, my boy." He turned towards the setting sun. "'Saltwater runs in our veins...'"

BRIDGE, IKS KAZDEN
CARRIER GROUP "INVICTUS," 50KM. WEST OF THE STRAIT OF DE GAMA
16:35 HOURS (LOCAL TIME)

Vorens was knocked out of his revery by an ensign approaching him. "Admiral Vorens, sir...?" he asked quietly.
"Eh? Sorry, son. What is it?" the admiral asked.
"We received word from Marshal Coolidge, sir. He requests our aid in the form of our battlegroup, as well as any extra naval support. Oh, and one other thing..."
"What is their request, ensign?"
"Word of the IKSF has reached their ears. They request Special Operations in their area."
"Do they now...? Excellent. That will be all, Ensign."
"Sir, how are we going to get IKSF operatives in? There are none in the are-"
"That will be all, Ensign..."
The young man crisply saluted. "Yes, sir!"
"Communications officer! Send a message to Coolidge."
"Aye aye, sir!"

TO: Marshal John Coolidge
ATTACHMENT(S): None

Marshal Coolidge,

Understood. Our fleet is currently en route to the Strait of De Gama. We will be within the strait and securing your northern shore within a few hours. Please instruct your defense forces not to fire on us. We will be broadcasting on a frequency that the Voroskans cannot match. You will know it is us. We are on our way.

Also, the following information is for your eyes only. We are deploying elements of the Imperial Kauvaran Special Forces (IKSF). Do NOT alert your people to this. Only you and I, as well as the unit being deployed, are to know of this information. It is standard operating procedure for IKSF units, and I request that it be followed to ensure both their safety and effectiveness. Is this acceptable?

Sincerely,
Admiral Cadus Vorens

Vorens walked back to his personal console. He began typing up a message himself...

IKSF CELL "LOLZIERISTANUM," SAFEHOUSE PRIMARIS
LOLZIERISTANI-SADRIAN BORDER
16:32 HOURS (LOCAL TIME)

Captain Gavenson of the Imperial Kauvaran Special Forces sat back against the wall in the apartment. The setting sun pierced the shades of the apartment used as the safehouse for his IKSF Cell, casting everything in an eerie orange glow. Sydney Dunn, the squad's sniper, sat against the wall, checking her sights. Richard Letkov, the engineer, and Sarah McGran, the heavy weapons expert, were playing cards. McGran threw down her hand. "Flush, little man!" she called out triumphantly. "Dammit, Sara, how do you always manage to beat me?" Suddenly, the terminal in the room burst to life.

TO: REDACTED
SUBJECT: BELLUM
ENCRYPTION: VERY HIGH

Forwarded from Admiral Vorens
Al-Sadria under threat
Target: Voroskan "Special Operations Battalion"
Status of target: in-country

MOBILIZE

Gavenson stood up. "Alright, boy and girls, save that hand for another time! We're moving out!"
"Where to, sir?" Dunn asked.
"Al-Sadria. Apparently the war is heating up. Time for us to do a little interdiction. Remember, we don't exist. Not even to the Sadrians. If we do, then civilians will blow our cover. We're facing an entire battalion here. We need to make sure they don't know we're in-country, or else they'll target us with superior numbers. We gotta engage 'em in guerrilla warfare. If we're lucky, the last soldier we take down still won't know what neutralized his comrades. You ready, folks?"
"Hell yes!" McGran called out in reply, hoisting her heavy gear. "Let's do this! C'mon, Letkov, get the lead out! You too, Dunn!"
The squad filed outside, piling into a civilian SUV, and heading for the Al-Sadrian border.

After an hour of driving, they were approaching the border. Before them lay a line of cars heading out of the country, trying to escape the impending violence. A checkpoint lay before them. Gavenson looked to the rest of his squad. "Listen up. I speak Arabic. It's pretty close to Al-Sadrian. Just let me do the talking, alright?" The squad checked to ensure their gear was properly stashed, and ensured their civilian clothes hid their armor, as the SUV pulled up to the checkpoint. "Salam, friends!" Gavenson called out.
Last edited by Kauvara on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

We're a PMT/FT nation of humans. That's right, just humans. Not psychic supermen, nor crazy cyborgs, nor massive mutants. Just normal human homo sapiens trying to make our way in this insane galaxy full of wonders, horrors, and everything in between.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 am

To: Marshal John Coolidge
SUBJECT: RE: ASSISTANCE

Dear friend!

Even now your situation is under discussion in Congress. The exact results are not currently known, but I have made arrangements for troops to be put at the ready – two Airborne Divisions, a Sapper Brigade, and some advisors and special forces troops, to a total of 20,000 men. Should this be acceptable, I would ask you to hold off the enemy for a day or two – by then, no doubt Congress will agree to such a small deployment, and I am sure these men will make a great difference.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Charles Buckingham 2
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Buckingham 2 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:09 pm

tag
MY RP NATION IS OCTOVIA
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--

Hurgovakia wrote:
TheFall wrote:
"TO ARGENTINA, THE MOTHERLAND!" yelled Rick Perry as he fired back at the liberals.
Conflicts
Conspiracy to War viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135820
The Stanian War viewtopic.php?f=5&t=155334
Treaties and other agreements
Treaty of Zephyr viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143418

Kommandoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kommandoria » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Deep within Mount Kaaltyr, inside the Krieg Grid...

Throughout the Krieg Grid, radio operators listened as reports flooded in regarding the war in Stania. These reports caught the attention of many high-ranking officers throughout the complex. A meeting was called and the leaders of each military branch would be in attendance. They all sat around a long, rectangular oak table in a dimly-lit room. Superior High General Klaus von Auberwitz sat at the head of the table. His hat had been cocked forward, hiding his eyes. He hadn't been informed of the reason for the meeting yet. The other officers' eyes were hidden in the shadows of their hats as well. Finally someone stood and spoke up.

High General Dimitri Ravashka: Ahem. Permission to speak, sir?

Auberwitz: Granted.

Ravashka: We have received hundreds of reports of military activity in the region of Stania. Some of the involved nations are ones with which we have dealt with in the past, namely Kauvara and Lolzieristan.

Auberwitz grumbled at the mention of the Lolzis. He had hated them with a burning passion ever since the Darksnow War when they caused the deaths of thousands of Kommandorians troops. Now the Kauvarans, on the other hand, was a different story. Although they were initially an enemy, they eventually became very helpful business partners towards Kommandoria. To Auberwitz, the Kauvarans were a tolerable people, and that was rare considering the xenophobia of most Kommandorians. Although the goody-two-shoes nature of the Kauvarans often interfered with Kommandorian affairs, he still aided them due to their business aid.

Ravashka: The Kauvarans and Lolzis have come to the aid of a small Arabic nation known as Al-Sadria, which is rich in oil.

Auberwitz grinned after hearing that last detail. Oh how he did so love oil. The precious, black fluid was the life-blood of the Kommandorian War Machine. Kommandoria typically did anything they could to snatch oil from the weak and vulnerable. Sometimes, drastic measures were taken, such as during the Aldardan Conflict, when an entire city was leveled with fuel-bombs in order to "cleanse" the land of hostiles. But in this case, allies would come before oil. Wait...the Lolzis were siding with Kauvara? No, no. This would not do. Kommandoria would aid Kauvara, but nothing would be sent to aid those foul Lolzis.

Ravashka: 'Twould appear that Al-Sadria is outnumbered thirty to one against the Mosulis. They are clearly the underdog, sir. And, if I may say, I believe helping them would improve Kommandoria's standing with the world community. As much as I hate those s'vas delahs*, having the rest of the world hate us will benefit us in no way. What are your orders, sir?

The other officers leaned in to hear Auberwitz's response. He had remained in the same position throughout the meeting: his hands folded in front of him, his chin resting on his knuckles, and his had cocked over his eyes. After a long period of silence, he spoke.

Auberwitz: High Admiral DiBartolo, please rise.

At the rear-left end of the table sat High Admiral Vito DiBartolo, leader of the Grand Navy. He commands the mighty Kommandorian Omega Fleet from his flagship, the legendary R.K.S. Blood Ruby.

DiBartolo: Sir.

Auberwitz: O'Bryan and Corleone, rise as well.

While Dimitri Ravashka leads the Standard Infantry (SI) Divison of the Grand Army, High General Charles O'Bryan leads the Specialized Infantry (SZI) Division. High General Antonio de Corleone leads the elite Hazard Kompany (HK) Divison.

O'Bryan & Corleone: Sir.

Auberwitz: I want the following Grand Army ORBAT assembled and loaded onto the Omega Fleet:
200,000 SI troops
100,000 SZI troops
50,000 HK troops
5 Krusader Teams
500 LR-25 "Speedwagon" vehicles
100 T-41 "Boomchild" tanks
50 MPT-95 "Blackheart" tanks
20 LRA-63 "Witchfire" vehicles

All Grand Army High Generals: Yes sir.

Auberwitz: DiBartolo, you will sail to the Strait of De Gama where you will then have the ground forces unloaded. They will establish a fort along the coast while you have the Omega Fleet provide them with artillery and air support should conflict arise. Once these orders have been fulfilled, patch me a telegram. Oh, and another thing. Telegraph the Kauvarans the following message.

...stop...Hello again my fox-loving comrades...stop...It is your dear friend Klaus von Auberwitz...stop...I would like to make you aware that both you and Al-Sadria have Kommandoria's support...stop...however, we will have nothing to do with the Lolzis...stop...please rendevouz with my High Admiral once he arrives at the Strait...stop...I would like to cooperate with you in forming a battleplan...stop...Best of luck in your endeavors...stop...
Last edited by Kommandoria on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I will scorch the very grass from your land in a blaze of glory.
I will salt the soil and destroy all hope of recovery.
I will make your nation into a desolate wasteland, a hellish desert of despair.
I will end you, and your very name will be lost from history
."
--The Most High Royal Kyzar, Leonardo de Vespucci XVI

Mosulistan
Attaché

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosulistan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Major General Abdul Al-Satar grinned as he passed the bright green traffic sign that read "AL-SADRIA: 45 KM". Though his command tank was now fitted with an advanced GPS system that told him where he was with a margin of error the size of a small yacht, he remembered the last time his unit passed one of those signs. He had been Republican Guard then, too, but a lowly second lieutenant, rolling at the front of a platoon of T-72s. This time, he was in a T-90 tank, of the kind used by Lolzi military troops. His army didn't have many, but those they did have went straight to the Republican Guard.
He flipped on his comm system, and every tank commander was listening as he began to speak. "This time, it seems, our leaders are not aiming for deception and false flag operations. This is a war, a war of conquest; a true man's war. We will take the fight to those Sadrian bastards, or die trying! Push west, west to Kuesqa!"
"WEST TO KUESQA!", the tankers all shouted, their voices heard over the radio.

As the speakers roared, another roar was audible over it; Al-Satar popped the hatch of his tank to look outside. In the skies, there was a small, scattered chevron of bombers high to the left, sweeping dead forward towards large Sadrian targets like airfields, and more importantly, the docks of Kuesqa. Since there were only two major ports in the small country, the Air Force and Navy had a reasonable hope of disabling both by bombardment and blockade. Al-Satar glanced to the right, and was intrigued with what he saw. Some triangle-shaped aircraft were climbing in altitude, and they were still low enough for him to identify clearly; F-117 Nighthawk stealth planes. His mind was flickering rapidly between asking himself When did we get stealth bombers? and Those things are so damn old...
He smirked at the absurdity of it all; thirty years ago, no one had stealth technology over this desert. Now, the stealth bombers they were using were old and probably obsolete.
"Technology, eh?" he asked his tank's gunner.
"What's that, sir?"
"Nevermind."

Minutes later, the tanks crossed over the border, destroying a crude Sadrian Border Patrol barricade with their treads and guns. An APC or two stopped behind them to take the guards prisoner; otherwise, they kept moving.
Last edited by Mosulistan on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MY CULT OF PERSONALITY IS BETTER THAN YOURS. Deal with it, or face my WMDs!
Our national anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GcUutnU2gk

Kauvara
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kauvara » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 pm

BRIDGE, IKS KAZDEN
CARRIER GROUP "INVICTUS," WESTERN MOUTH OF THE STRAIT OF DE GAMA
17:58 HOURS (LOCAL TIME)

A KF-11/a Waterfox takes off as the sun sets
The sun was just dipping below the horizon as CG-Invictus made its way into the strait. Admiral Vorens walked over to the helmsman. "Lieutenant, how much further until we are in position?"
"Admiral," the man responded, "we will be at one of the primary ports (OOC: Name? :) ) within one hour."
"Excellent." Vorens turned to the Flight Control Officer. "Establish CAP via ten KF-11/a Waterfoxes of the 8492nd over the port."
"Aye aye, Admiral, they'll be airborne and over the port in five."
"Perfect." He turned back to the helmsmen. "Anything further to report?"
"No, sir. It appears we have beaten the Voroskans he-" He was cut off as a communication suddenly came from the radar room.

"Admiral, this is Lieutenant Hollandus in Radar Control! There is a massive fleet bearing down on us from the west!"
"What?!? By the Fox, who is it?" Vorens asked, alarmed.
"Oh, no... It's the Kommandorian Omega Fleet!"
"Battlestations, battlestations, stand by to-!" Vorens was interrupted by the communications officer.
"Admiral, wait! They're hailing us!" he shouted

Hello again my fox-loving comrades...stop...It is your dear friend Klaus von Auberwitz...stop...I would like to make you aware that
both you and Al-Sadria have Kommandoria's support...stop...however, we will have nothing to do with the Lolzis...stop...please
rendevouz with my High Admiral once he arrives at the Strait...stop...I would like to cooperate with you in forming a battleplan
...stop...Best of luck in your endeavors...stop...

"Belay the battlestations order!" Vorens called out. He turned back to the communications officer. "Send them the following message."

TO: High Admiral Vito DiBartolo

HA DiBartolo,

Welcome to the party. We've just received word that you are here to help us, and that you request we make preparations for a battle plan. As such, I have the following stratagem:

1. We arrive the primary port (currently under Al-Sadrian control), which Kauvara's legendary aircraft will be flying over shortly, and my fleet will arrive at within the hour.

2. We offload troops there. CG-Invictus carries with it 5,200 soldiers of 109th Naval Infantry. They can secure the area, and give us a rearming and repairing station.

3. We establish our fleets in defensive postures on both sides of the strait, with the Kazden and the Blood Ruby forming its core. My destroyers are adept at anti-aircraft and anti-submarine maneuvers, so they can screen the heart from those threats, and my cruisers can handle any enemy ship that tries to threaten them. In short, we'll be encased, and the north shore will be protected.

3a. Kommandorian soldiers secure the St. Redonza Island, or at least the south shore, to keep our northern flank safe, while potentially deploying artillery positions for further assistance. (OPTIONAL)

4. Kommandorian soldiers begin securing key locations (please get permission from High Marshal Coolidge, first) with support from Kauvaran ship-launched guided missiles and airstrikes from the 5011th Naval Warfare Ground Attack Squadron.

5. We slowly push the enemy back to the borders.

Is this plan acceptable?

Sincerely,
Admiral Cadus Vorens

"Message is away, sir!" the Communications Officer said.
"Good." Vorens turned to the Flight Control Officer. "What is the status of those aircraft?"
"They are in the air and inbound to the target, Admiral," he responded. "They will be over the port in a matter of minutes."
"Nice work."

Vorens turned out of the window once more. The sun had completely disappeared beyond the horizon, seemingly swallowed up by the sea. The full moon shone brightly on the water in the cloudless night. "It appears the die has been cast... Now, we just need to see where it falls."
Last edited by Kauvara on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charles Buckingham 2
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Charles Buckingham 2 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Banrich, Octovia
Senate House
1400 Hours.

Senate President Clayton Zeitler arose from his seat in the middle of the Senate House. Earlier this morning, he had called for an emergency Senate meeting, which had never before happened on Putkin, Octovia’s national day of celebration. “Senators, I have called you here today to discuss a matter of importance. I first, apologize to any senators whose holidays were interrupted but this just can’t wait. Gentlemen…Ladies, the nation of Mosulistan has been making very aggressive moves towards Al-Sadria. Al-Sadria, is a small nation with a very small fighting force. They could never withstand the numbers of the Mosulistanian Military. That is why I have called you here today. Our ally, Kauvara has already joined in the defense of this nation. It is now our turn. We stand by our national principals, of freedom and justice. Not malicious land grabs. That is why I am stressing that we immediately vote on allowing the military to get involved as they see fit.” The crowd of senators erupted into applaud. The voting began within the hour and 85% of the Senate voted in favor. The President signed the bill into law and within two hours, the military started to mobilize. A message was sent to Al-Sadria from the Office of the President.

Code: Select all
To: Marshal Coolidge
Subject: Help is on the way!
Encryption: High
Hello Marshal Coolidge. I am Richard Pike, President of Octovia. Our intelligence agencies have picked up moves of aggression towards your nation. Our Senate has voted to give our military full power to help your nation as we seem fit. I know this is a hard time for your nation, but just know we are here to help.

534th Fighter Wing Group
Skies of De Gama Strait
1800 Hours.

Major Hugh Lamons was sitting in the cockpit of his D-72 Fighter Jet. This model was top of line and brand new to the Octovian National Air Force. “Blue leader checking in.” He said over his radio.
“Blue one checking in”
“Blue two checking in”
“Blue three checking in”
Lamons relaxed a bit, after being reassured his whole team was with him. The 534th was a special unit, used mostly as what the Octovian’s call “Attack Recon”. Their job was to collect intell and get a lay of the land that might be of interest to the Octovian Bureau of Intelligence. (OBI)
“Sir, we have a carrier group up ahead.” Blue two said over the radio.
“Acknowledged” Lamons said. He searched through the seas below him as he saw the carrier group carried the flag of their ally, Kauvara. “Blue team, do not engage, I repeat do not engage. Friendly carrier group up ahead.” Lamons said. Their jets soared over the group and continued on gathering intell.
MY RP NATION IS OCTOVIA
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.26
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--

Hurgovakia wrote:
TheFall wrote:
"TO ARGENTINA, THE MOTHERLAND!" yelled Rick Perry as he fired back at the liberals.
Conflicts
Conspiracy to War viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135820
The Stanian War viewtopic.php?f=5&t=155334
Treaties and other agreements
Treaty of Zephyr viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143418

Voroska
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Voroska » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Second Carrier Group
Center of the Strait of de Gama

Admiral Enrique Norteño (officially a Navy General, as the Generalissimo ordered the standardization of military ranks in the 1970s) looked out into the sea from the flight deck of his aircraft carrier. Though Voroska only had two, they were better than any other carrier in the region, with the exception of the new Lolzi Sergei Ryach-class. The F-12N Almádena fighters based aboard the ship began roaring to life, as Norteño's orders were carried out across the fleet. Missile defense cruisers were on red alert, missile racks raised from their sealed positions fore and aft, and the anti-submarine screens set up around the fleet were tightened. Active sonar buoys, passive sonar buoys, M.A.D. sweeps by land-based aircraft, and companion subs were all signs that Voroskan mastery of the deep was reciprocated with an acute fear of it. "Prepare for a full-scale naval engagement," he said to a subordinate as the man entered the carrier's tower. "Roger that," the officer replied, and within a minute, the message was broadcast to all, via loudspeaker and radio. Better head to the CIC, he thought, as he stepped off the deck and into the red-lit room that would be his home for the next several hours.

Hundreds of feet below, Voroskan subs began to approach the Kauvaran ships, drawing ever closer in almost total silence. Captain Ramius Celaya cursed the sheer tension, knowing that moving his Akula-class attack submarine faster than a few knots would mean certain detection. He hated his ship for being ripped-off Lolzi technology, but also praised her combat capabilities as well. He ordered torpedoes loaded, and with a tap on the helmsman's shoulder, the sub began to slip below the deep-sound channel, where it would be hard for even the Kauvaran Navy to detect. Less than an hour away, Celaya thought. Wonderful.

Sarrassia City
Al-Sadria

A group of Special Operations Battalion personnel began to move, though one would never guess by their outward appearance. They posed as businessmen from the Isla de Tonteria, a noted ally of Al-Sadria and generally the least violent place in Stania. As they followed a real estate agent to view a harborside warehouse space for sale, their commander's eyes darted between the various weak points of the port. He spotted something interesting, something that could fulfill his mission quickly, right away. Two liquid natural gas freighters were moored near a narrow point of the harbor, something that would probably mean nothing to an average person. However, the man known simply as "Colonel Bellum" saw a wonderful possibility there; if the right conditions were created, an LNG freighter could explode pretty nicely. And this port was notoriously shallow- if a ship as big as that were to sink right in its mouth, it would be hard to even exit. Only question is when, the dark-skinned Hispanic man thought to himself. Now or later?

OOC: I'm working on a map with cities and major landmarks, should be up in a few hours.
Last edited by Voroska on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our national storefront: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=134684

The RPing population of this country is set at 1.21 billion, to combat inflation.

Kommandoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Kommandoria » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Within the extravagantly ornate Dining Hall of the R.K.S. Blood Ruby...

High Admiral Vito DiBartolo sat at the end of a sixty-foot long marble table. It was late, and he craved a decadent dinner. He folded a velvet napkin over his lap and arranged his silverware. His stomach rumbled and he grew impatient. Fortunately for him, the doors of the kitchen burst open and two chefs approached the table carrying several dishes covered in exotic and delicious foods. "Hmm...I'll take the Arctic Lobster first, Samuel." said DiBartolo. A dish was placed in front of DiBartolo. Upon it rested a massive blue lobster. Its huge claws were swollen with tender meat ready to be eaten. Another chef set down a crystalline glass beside DiBartolo. The chef then revealed a tall bottle of Dom Perignon and let the expensive champagne flow into DiBartolo's glass. After all of the food was placed on the table, the chefs dispersed and went back to the kitchen. DiBartolo grinned widely. He tapped the claw of the lobster with his fork and it burst open, revealing steamy red and white flesh. He gently jabbed the fork into a piece of the meat and lifted it to his mouth. He could smell its sumptuous scent as it came closer and closer. Just as it was about to enter his mouth, he heard a voice behind him.

Messenger: Sir!

"Christ...when will I get a damned moment to myself..." DiBartolo thought.

DiBartolo: What is it, boy?

Messenger: We have just arrived at the staging point, ten miles from the Strait of De Gama. The Kauvarans have contacted us and agreed to accept our aid. They also forwarded a battleplan to us. Here.

DiBartolo skimmed over the plans and pondered.

DiBartolo: Hmph. These Kauvarans are sly, clever tacticians. I like it. Tell them we agree to the plan but it is likely that we will later push into Mosuli lands. Please request that they send infantry to assist ours upon landing. Air support would be lovely as well. We can provide a shower of naval death once we are in position. Oh and, of course, ask the Al-Sadrians for permission to aid them.

Messenger: Aye aye, sir.

DiBartolo: Now, please, my lobster beckons me.

Messenger: ...sir?

DiBartolo: Bah! Begone with you!

DiBartolo grinned yet again and finally began indulging in his feast...
Last edited by Kommandoria on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
."

Saint Redonza Island
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Redonza Island » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Georgetown, SRI
Two blocks from the Parliament building

"MOVE, MOVE!"
"FALL BACK!"
"HOLD YOUR POSITIONS!"
"OPEN FIRE!"

The scene unfolding on the highway overpass was distressing to the civilians attempting to flee past the government roadblock in the center of the off-ramp. SRI soldiers, police officers, and militia were arguing amongst themselves across the city, their cooperation demanded by national law, but no unified command structure was in place to provide for this. The police had long since retreated from the barricade, leaving only their cars to block traffic and their tactical vests for the militiamen to wear in their place. "Armor on the road!", one of these men shouted, his curious combination of hunting garb and scavenged tactical gear making him look like a post-apocalyptic soldier for hire.

One of the SRI Army troops responded instantly, running from the barricade on the off-ramp to the center of the freeway with a rocket launcher in his arms. As he took aim from behind an abandoned police SUV, however, the first IFV in the Voroskan column vaporized him with a line of 35mm shells. As its turret slewed towards the roadblock, the armed civilians broke and ran, leaving only a few reservists and undertrained soldiers standing in their way.

The amphibious operation had been quick but brutal, with the Voroskans quite literally docking their transports in Georgetown's harbor district and running down the gangways, rifles in hand. Since the city's main National Guard depot was located here, the enemy marines reached it before the defenders; meaning that not only were SRI troops deprived of their heavy armor, they were fighting against it. Now, a main beach-head was being established outside the city, and Voroskan armor was entering from the east. The situation looked hopeless for Redonza.
Last edited by Saint Redonza Island on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 pm

In Allanea

This is a genuine combat alert. This is not a drill. I repeat...

Airborne infantrymen, clad in combat gear and yellowish, digital camouflage uniforms selected for desert combat, rushed towards their planes. Loadmasters stood at the ready, with new BMD-4M combat vehicles already fixed in their parachute cradles inside the aircraft. Today would be their first combat test. Today they would fight.

Already now the aircraft began to take to the air – the massive Archimedes' Lever planes, already prepared with cargo and weaponry. Those planes carrying men would follow later. Among them were also the massive atomic-powered cargo aircraft, carrying more tonnage and more men at a faster rate – it would be easy to land them in the vast, flat deserts of Al-Sadria.

To: Marshal John Coolidge
SUBJECT: RE: ASSISTANCE
ENCRYPTION: HIGH 

Congress, with a vote of 60% Aye, approved the deployment. Our troops are on their way.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Kauvara
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kauvara » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:34 pm

The deck of the Conciliator
BRIDGE, IKS CONCILIATOR
CARRIER GROUP "INVICTUS," CLOSE TO MAJOR PORT
18:22 HOURS (LOCAL TIME)

Commander Marcellus made his way through his bridge. It was small, as the Conciliator was only a guided-missile destroyer, and was only meant for supporting other ships. Due to prior orders, they were on yellow alert, meaning sweeps for aircraft and submarines, but no active general quarters, save the SAM launchers, depth charge bays, and torpedo rooms. A steady "ping" resounded through the room every few seconds as the destroyer sent out sonar detection.

"What are we even doing out here, Commander?" asked one of the bridge staff. "This isn't our war, is it?"
"No, not by default. But remember Kauvara's history. We stand up for the little guy. Now man your post, sailor. Keep an eye on that scope," he responded.
"Aye aye, Commander," the man stated.

Commander Marcellus looked out into the dark sea. "He's right, though..." he though to himself. "We do all of these things... We sacrifice so much... For what? We lost over 1,000,000 soldiers in Aldard... Never saw a thing in return. Hell, even a parade would suffi-"

"Captain! I have something on the scope!"
Marcellus darted over to the station. "What have you got, Lieutenant?"
"A squadron of submarines, almost at crush depth! They aren't ours!"
"Alert the fleet! Maintain screen formation! Battlestations, battlestations!"

Red lights began to fill the ship as alarms began blaring. Sailors darted about, manning their stations. RUR-5 ASROCs on the Conciliator, Verum, and Lumen swiveled in the direction of the enemy submarine squadron. MH-60Rs took off, moving towards the undersea wolves in order to better lock them in. SAM batteries all over the fleet prepared to intercept any enemy fighters that could be launched to shoot down the helicopters.

TO: Admiral Enrique Norteño
SUBJECT: Attention
ENCRYPTION: MILD

Admiral Norteño,

My name is Cadus Vorens, Admiral of this carrier group. We have detected your submarine units. Please, hear me now. You and your fleet are entering the sovereign waters of Al-Sadria. The Sadrians have requested of the Kauvaran government that we keep these waters secure. By the authority of the Al-Sadrian government, I must ask you to turn your fleet around and immediately leave Sadrian waters. You will not be attacked. However, if you do not, rest assured, the losses will be dire.

Admiral, I have a son. His name is Cassius. He is living in Kauvara. He has children, my grandchildren. I am sure you have a family as well, as do many of the sailors under your command, just like mine. Do we really want to do this? Do we really want to have to send letters back to thousands of families? We have your submarine squadron locked in. They will be unable to escape our weapons, and will surely perish. I do not wish to destroy 73 families per submarine destroyed. But Kauvara will do what it must, as I am sure you will. Please, Admiral, think of the human life at stake. Turn back. It is not worth it.

You have one minute to respond, and then we will be forced to open fire on your submarine squadron.

Sincerely,
Admiral Cadus Vorens

Marcellus listened intently to the broadcast. The sailors all looked at each other. "Orders, Commander?" asked the Weapons Officer. Marcellus looked around at all the sailors under his command. Officers, enlisteds. Fathers, mothers. Brothers, sisters. Sons, daughters. The radio suddenly burst to life. "This is Vice-Admiral Septimius of the Fox's Wrath to Carrier Group Invictus. You are ordered to hold your fire. The submarines are not in range yet. You are under no threat. Hold your fire for 60 seconds. An ultimatum has been delivered. If the submarines speed up or change course to anywhere but full-reverse, you are permitted to open fire before the 60 seconds end."

BRIDGE, IKS KAZDEN
CARRIER GROUP "INVICTUS," CLOSE TO MAJOR PORT
18:25 HOURS (LOCAL TIME)

Admiral Vorens walked over to his Communications Officer. "Lieutenant Amira, send word to the Omega Fleet. Hostilities have commenced. We'll form a screen. Ask for their input."
"Understood, Admiral," replied the lieutenant.
"Also, ask the Octovian Squadron if they would please establish CAP for our anti-submarine helicopters."

TO: Omega Fleet Communications
SUBJECT: Escalation

OFC,

Vorens has given an ultimatum to the Voroskan fleet. Engagement will likely commence shortly if they do not respond. Admiral Vorens recommends DiBartolo gets Omega Fleet into position, but still requests DiBartolo's input. He would like to meet with him personally soon, either on the Kazden, on the Blood Ruby, or in the port once we arrive.

-Lt. Amira, Communications Officer of IKS Kazden

TO: Blue Squadron
SUBJECT: Combat Air Patrol

Blue Squadron,

Vorens has given an ultimatum to the Voroskan fleet. Engagement will likely commence shortly if they do not respond. Admiral Vorens asks if you would deign to offer combat air patrol to our recently launched anti-submarine helicopters. This is not an order, but a request from a fellow Zephyr. Please respond as soon as possible.

-Lt. Amira, Communications Officer of IKS Kazden
Last edited by Kauvara on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kommandoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Kommandoria » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:40 am

Within the Bridge Tower of the R.K.S. Blood Ruby...

High Admiral Vito DiBartolo had just finished his feast and was returning to the nerve center of his colossal ship. He must have overeaten because his stomach ached. It was worth it, in his opinion. But now he had to focus on the matter at hand. He reached into a drawer in his desk and pulled out a pair of binoculars. DiBartolo walked to the front of the Bridge and gazed out across the shimmering water. To his right, he saw a huge assembly of ships: The Kauvaran Fleet. To his front, he saw yet another large fleet: The Voroskans. What interested DiBartolo about the Voroskan Fleet was that it had two fat, juicy targets: the aircraft carriers. They, as well as the rest of the Voroskan Fleet, were easily in range of the Blood Ruby's more massive guns, especially the railgun, but the question was how much damage could be inflicted in a short amount of time.

Radio Operator: Sir! Telegram from the Kauvaran Fleet!

DiBartolo: Spit it out, boy.

Radio Operator: They recommend that we move into position with them. Afterwards, their Admiral would like to meet you either here, on the I.K.S. Kazden, or in the port.

DiBartolo: Hmm...I suppose moving into position with them would allow more of our ships to bombard the enemy fleet. However, have the railgun charged within five minutes. After that, target the midsection of the rightmost Voroskan aircraft carrier but do not open fire until I give the word. Understood?

All Bridge Crewmen: Aye aye, High Admiral!

DiBartolo: Let's get moving, and patch a telegram through to the Kauvaran Fleet.

...stop...This is High Admiral Vito DiBartolo of the R.K.S. Blood Ruby...stop...we approve of your tactical recommendation and are moving into position with your fleet...stop...my flagship's heavy kannons and railgun are already in range of the Voroskan Fleet...stop...I am currently have the railgun target one of their aircraft carriers...stop...I believe that showing them our raw power might convince them that they are already defeated and should turn back now...stop...I would like to know if you approve of this action...stop...give me the green light and the night will come alive with flame...stop...Also, a meeting would be most adequate...stop...The last time I had a meeting with a Kauvaran, it was on the Blood Ruby...stop...If I may request, I'd like to meet aboard the Kazden...stop...please respond with the utmost haste...stop...

Radio Operator: Sir, we are getting reports that the Voroskans are invading nearby Saint Redonza Island. Orders?

DiBartolo: Ah yes, the Redonzans. I have yet to make their acquaintance. I'm sure they would love a bit of reinforcement, eh? Please patch a telegram through to the Redonzans. Let them know that we are watching and we will send a battalion (10,000) of SI Division troops to support them. Contact High General Ravashka and have him redirect a few of his landing ships to the Redonzan Island.

Radio Operator: Yes sir.

Meanwhile, in the SI Division landing fleet...

Radio Operator: High General! We are receiving new orders from High Admiral DiBartolo!

Ravashka: Agh! What now?

Radio Operator: He requests that we redirect a battalion of SI troops to aid the Redonzans.

Ravashka: What?! My men were prepped for desert warfare, not tropical skirmishes! Bah, very well. I'm certain they can adapt. Do as he says and redirect the necessary landing ships to the Island.

Radio Operator: Yes sir!
Last edited by Kommandoria on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
."

Al-Sadria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Sadria » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:22 pm

The Caliphate Line
Eastern Al-Sadria

The attack had caught Sadrian forces off-guard, but they had prepared for such an attack in general for years. The Sadrian Second Cavalry, one of only two armored units the SSDF had, was waiting for them in Abu Natuliyah. The small town of Abu Natuliyah had formed around an oasis in the desert over six hundred years ago, and the sparse population of the eastern deserts had made its population of two thousand two hundred seem like a metropolis to the highway planners. Now this sleepy Arab town would be the epicenter of one of the largest tank battles in Stanian history.

The mere three hundred tanks of the Second Cav began to dig in around the village, digging tank scrapes into the loose, sandy terrain to earn them the sought-after fighting position of "hull-down one, turret-down two," a domesically-developed defensive concept that allowed tanks to roll up to a protected firing position and reverse into a completely covered "bear hole" if needed. They knew their tanks and training were infinitely better than the Mosulis', but they were but three hundred, and the Mosulis thousands.

"No, keep the anti-tanks off of the roofs!", Lieutenant James Patterson shouted. Like the CinC and many other officers in the SSDF, he had been hired from a Western country by the Sadrians' oil money. The gunners turned and began moving the TOW missile launcher from the roof of a small parking garage, while a group of combat engineers prepared a fortified firing position for it at ground level. The infantry of his platoon were hustling sandbags from one place to another, digging some feeble attempts at trenches in the deep, hot sand, and a few were setting up anti-tank mines and even IEDs (Patterson wasn't above anything that would help him win) on the approaches to the town. A few Javelin gunners scattered throughout an apartment complex, and machine gun emplacements were set up and camouflaged to deal with the Mosuli combined-arms approach to war. Patterson grimaced when he spotted one of the Division's few medium-altitude SAM vehicles set up in the open, without so much as a camo netting over it. No wonder these Sadrians always cry for help.

Voroska
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Voroska » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:49 pm

"Sir...SIR."Captain Celaya spun about immediately.
The ensign who had hailed him (quietly) was one of the most important personnel aboard. He was in charge of grabbing electronic communications from above the water and observing it, most importantly without letting the enemy detect their presence while doing so. Most of the communications were in encryption systems that he didn't yet understand, and while the top researchers in the Voroskan Naval Intelligence Branch were purportedly close to a breakthrough, he wasn't nearly as skilled in breaking codes from scratch. This one, however, wasn't encrypted at all...addressed to Voroskan fleet command, and...
"Dear God, sir, they know we're here!"

As the lead officer of the Voroskan wolf-pack, and the most daring of the commanders present, Celaya had a risky plan to deal with this situation.
He began to communicate with his fellow submarines, using Voroskan tech that made the conversation not only practically unencryptable, but for all intents and purposes, undetectable.
"Hunter One to Hunters Two-three-four, Hunter One to Hunters Two-three-four. Take immediate evasive action, do not engage enemy fleet but withdraw to Mosuli territorial water."
The orders were translated to, interestingly enough, what sounded exactly like the mating call of a whale species native to Stania, and the low-frequency sound pinged into the other subs' comm arrays.
One of the other captains got on the unassuming blue telephone (adorned with sperm whale stickers by the more lighthearted members of the crew) when the burst ran through the translation computers, and asked, "Come again, sir?"
The whalewords that responded were, "The enemy is aware of our presence. If the sonar signals look like the pack shit its pants and ran away to the enemy, they'll think we did. Of course, that's you guys. Not us..."
Hunters Two, Three, and Four bumped their engines to the hypothetical (although not for the Kauvarans' superior tech) highest silent speed reverse, and moved in arcing curves that made as much hydrosonic "noise" as possible. Hunter One killed all noise and loitered, meters away from death by structural collapse.

Admiral Norteño responded to the enemy demands by scrambling a maritime strike force from an airfield in southern Redonza, the heavy bombers there to be joined by the first aircraft carrier group's fighters and strike planes. He ordered the second back to the area between the Oceanic Triad, not wanting to put all of his eggs in the proverbial basket.

He responded to the enemy demands via open radio signal.
"Interlopers: this is not your fight. You have no business in this region, and my government has ordered me to count you as tresspassers. Leave at once, this area is off-limits to your kind. Failure to respond will result in your eradication."
A number of anti-ship missiles were armed on the various destroyers, cruisers, and frigates surrounding the carrier. Every SAM and AAA gun was primed and ready, because the Voroskans knew they were outgunned in this fight. But years of nationalism and autocracy had trained them in the art of "doublethink". We can't win this fight, but we will anyway, every mind in the fleet thought. Every mind but the carrier's XO, Commodore Sergei Vykalov.

Zearing II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zearing II » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:03 pm

IC:

Message for the Governments of Mosulistan and Al-Sadria

Gentlemen,

It has come to the attention of the Federal Republic that a state of conflict is rapidly developing between your two nations. Based on the circumstances, we surmise it is likely this conflict has been launched to sieze resources.

We feel it is possible that a peaceful resolution may yet be reached. As such, we are offering the good offices of the Federal Republic's State Department to facilitate nation-to-nation communications leading up to an effort to halt this conflict before it spirals out of any control.

- Secretary of State Mirren Gordon
There's really a difference in RPing a bad nation, and RPing a nation badly.

I'm not actually a racist. That's just how I play the nation. Leave me alone if it bothers you that much.

If something I have posted offends you, step back, take a deep breath, and ask yourself: Does he care? If it really offends you, drop me a line. I'm always up for a civil conversation.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents