NATION

PASSWORD

Derelicts: OOC Discussion Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Derelicts: OOC Discussion Thread

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Okay folks, this thread is where you should put any OOC chatter or discussion for the "Derelicts" series of threads.

Current threads, so far:

Derelicts: Gehenna - Map of the Gehenna System
Derelicts: Praxis - Praxis System Maps
Last edited by TRIAD Enterprises on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Derelicts: OOC Discussion Thread

Postby Feazanthia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Tagged
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Should have a post up in a couple hours.

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:01 pm

I'll wait for TRIAD to post before I get anything rolling, but even then, I won't have ships in-system for a little while.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Lariza
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lariza » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Just arrived in Gehenna recently

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Why are there so many assholes from clear across the galaxy in my yard?
The Jannarii Empire | Founder of the Hermes Alliance
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
FT Map of the Milky Way | Qustions and Answers concerning the Jannarii Empire.
NS Futuretech on Facebook | NS Futuretech on IRC | NS Balls | NS Trainers
IBNFTW local 8492

Osanyia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Osanyia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:43 pm

ker-tag!
Map of the Iron Realm
This nation functions on a [story>realism] paradigm.
Auman wrote:Osanyia is quickly building his street cred. Street cred and IRON backing. Please welcome the space Vietcong to Nationstates, gentlemen.
Auman wrote:I think we can all agree that the Osanyians are going to face the wrath of God. Even if the galaxy burns for it.

Feazanthia
Minister

Postby Feazanthia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Bryn Shander wrote:Why are there so many assholes from clear across the galaxy in my yard?

Seeing as you ignored TRIAD, the system would effectively not exist to you. Therefore, we're not in your backyard, so let's have no undo fussing :D
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Actually, it was TRIAD that ignored me. An ignore that is no long in effect, I might add.

Regardless, it's still my yard, and you're still in a lot of trouble. >:3
The Jannarii Empire | Founder of the Hermes Alliance
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
FT Map of the Milky Way | Qustions and Answers concerning the Jannarii Empire.
NS Futuretech on Facebook | NS Futuretech on IRC | NS Balls | NS Trainers
IBNFTW local 8492

TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Bryn Shander wrote:Why are there so many assholes from clear across the galaxy in my yard?

They're in your backyard because TRIAD buried a bunch of loot there.

Feazanthia wrote:Seeing as you ignored TRIAD, the system would effectively not exist to you. Therefore, we're not in your backyard, so let's have no undo fussing :D

In a manner of speaking, Gehenna *is* very close to several Jannarii systems. When I retired TRIAD and started Morningstar, I lifted my Ignore of Bryn Shander's nation. The reason for Ignoring him in the first place was a failed protest, and was causing trouble with other players to boot. I'm trying to bury the hatchet with him, so if the Jannarii want to crash the party I am not going to deny it. However, I will expect Bryn to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

1. I don't want anyone coming in and trying to just destroy all the stations and facilities. I do not mind fighting over the prizes, but anyone who tries to play the "If I can't have it, noone can!" card, they will be asked to leave.
2. No single-post looting of mass resources. You have to get in, get close, and actually search for the prizes. Post your search targets, and I'll tell you what you find there.

Simple, ne?

Anyways, I should have another update post tonight for both threads.

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Quick note: Sobek isn't quite as big as he looks. He's currently puffing up his outer layer of shields so that he looks an order of magnitude larger than he actually is. Not that it's actually noticeable, unless you've encountered an unshielded Otagian 'dread before: The shields stop literally everything from penetrating, and his drive system screws with any mass estimates.

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:58 am

Hope having my guys falling isn't too 'dictated', TRIAD, I figured it was the best way for me to maybe stumble onto something other than a giant hole in the ground. Or maybe they just get stuck. Hopefully those suits keep them from getting too banged up, eh?

Also, my people haven't noticed anyone else in the system just yet, so I'm not ignoring you all, my people are just dedicated to what they are doing. Or the captain of the Orpheus is, at least...
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:43 am

Vocenae wrote:Hope having my guys falling isn't too 'dictated', TRIAD, I figured it was the best way for me to maybe stumble onto something other than a giant hole in the ground. Or maybe they just get stuck. Hopefully those suits keep them from getting too banged up, eh?

Also, my people haven't noticed anyone else in the system just yet, so I'm not ignoring you all, my people are just dedicated to what they are doing. Or the captain of the Orpheus is, at least...

I have no problem with this in the least... I didn't originally plan for anything of real value to be on the planets, other than the material resources already there of course. However, I might just have something for you to find after all.

Regarding the imminent dog-pile forming in Praxis. While I won't order you all around (Save for my rules mentioned before), I will make a request. Those with the massive fleets, or multi-KM titans... Don't swat the smaller guys on principle. Allow them some chance both at the RP and at the IC prizes.

TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:01 am

Okay, as I noted in my placeholder post in the Praxis thread, it's 6am now and though I really tried to get an update written last night, RL shit kept getting in the way. I finally got the update for Gehenna finished and posted, but I just don't have the energy to finish Praxis tonight. I will get to work on that tomorrow at first opportunity.

For now, I need a hold on new posts to Praxis, so I don't get even further behind. If you need more information about exploration or loot, please only make one post after my updates. If you're just reacting to each other, I'm alright with multiple posts between updates... Though I would ask that if there's more than two people involved, try to give everyone involved a chance to respond before you keep going. I know some people like to respond as soon as they can, especially when another player is on at the same time, but this isn't a real-time chat room for some people.
Let's try to be nice to those of us who can't post as often, and let's not leave anyone behind in the RP.

Anyways, I'll see you all tomorrow!

Kilrany
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kilrany » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:27 am

As requested on MSN, I'm making note here to mention for clarification that the Kilrany shuttles dispatched towards the facilities were cloaked, and that it's the Scythes drones currently playing sensor net that are not. I did forget to mention that the shuttles at the facilities had shut down the directional active sensors they'd briefly used to examine the outer structure of the stations, but they are not visible or running active now. If one wants to 'see' the infantry moving on the outer structure through the use of light lag, assuming there's some there to be used, I will not object.
English is a language which chases other languages down foetid alleyways, pummels them unconscious, and rifles their belongings for vocabulary. - Russkya
(MT) The Kilrany Empire - Emperor Ivan Semyonovich Sviatov
(FT) The Kilrany - The Quinquevirate (Council of five)
Demonym: No alternate, Kilrany is the catch all term
Pronunciation: Kill-Raa-nee
General Purpose Kilrany FT OOC Thread

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:45 am

My post has been made in the Praxis thread. Sorry about the wait.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Feazanthia
Minister

Postby Feazanthia » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Gehenna's becoming a clusterfuck with everyone about to mess up everyone else's day. Could everyone post what sites they're currently investigating and what is detectable? Just so we can get a concrete thing going.

-Jovian Trade Station-
Praetor-class heavy carrier, accompanied by the gunships and transports it just launched

-Site 1-
One D77 transport, four U237 "Workbee" utility craft

-Site 3-
One D77 transport, eight HSC-42 "Raptor" gunships, four U237 "Workbee" utility craft

-Site 5-
One D77 transport, eight HSC-42 "Raptor" gunships, four U237 "Workbee" utility craft

-Site 9-

-Site 16-
One D77 transport, four U237 "Workbee" utility craft

-Site 20-

As for my post, assume everything else is still in transit. What exactly, in regards to everyone else's ships, am I able or unable to see?
Last edited by Feazanthia on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrany
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilrany » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:27 pm

As requested the current standings for the Kilrany in Gehenna for OOC clarification is as follows.

Currently I have two small shuttles deployed to each facility site I selected. The shuttles themselves are cloaked and with the exception of site eleven, are sitting against the hull of each station with their thrusters lightly keeping them in place while they run on passive sensors only. While the shuttles themselves cannot be currently seen, light lag will surely allow anyone approaching the sites I’ve landed upon to see the Reapers seem to appear from nowhere and enter most of the facilities, again the exception being eleven, where the infantry are still on the outside attempting to gain entry.

These facilities are:
Site Three
Site Seven
Site Eleven
Site Fourteen
Site Seventeen

-----

Around the asteroid trade station things get slightly more hairy. Holding in orbit about a quarter light-second above the station itself is the lead Kilrany warship, cloaked, but running with active sensors, thus giving away her presence and location to anyone within line of sight of the station. Keeping close station based off her emission in a prearranged formation are the other four warships of the squadron, each one running silent, and hidden behind their own cloaking fields.

Sixty Scythe class attack drones are station keeping based off the lead warships emissions ranging from five to ten light-seconds out and away from the asteroid base. They are not cloaked and thus their silhouettes will be clearly visible to anyone with a line of sight, that and they are actively scanning, playing the role of a sensor network for early warning, so they’re not exactly trying to be cagey.

Inside the asteroid base is less important, but currently contains two and a half companies of light infantry, the equivalent of half a platoon of mixed heavy infantry, and five of my heavier assault shuttles, which themselves are cloaked and holding station inside the hangar while their rectangular transport modules sit clearly visible on the hangar deck.
English is a language which chases other languages down foetid alleyways, pummels them unconscious, and rifles their belongings for vocabulary. - Russkya

Sertian
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Sertian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:24 pm

As requested:

The Sertian's have one ship, a Scrupulous-Class Aerospace Frigate that has had it's systems retrofitted with canibalized technology. It is currently using it's 'FTL drive' to remain undetected, but still casts a mass shadow in the general area of the Jovian Trade Station.

On the Trade Station's surface are five men wearing combat environmental armor, sporting Ion Rifles, Stun and Pulse Grenades, and a few micro-fusion bombs with magnetic nozzles to shape the blast.
The Sertian Empire Factbook
Flag generously made by Rommel, A.K.A. North Mack

TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Good news folks! I finally finished placing everything in the Gehenna system map, so anyone who's already on scene, go there and place your ships/fleet markers where you think you are in the system.
If you're docked at or sitting right next to any of the Site stations, or the trade station itself, don't put a marker. Just mention it in a post.
Only place ship markers if your ships are sitting somewhere in open space, or are moving to another location.

Kilrany
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilrany » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:58 am

Slight question towards Feazanthia. Given the stations are rotating to artificially create a sense of gravity within, and thus causing the entire outside of each to be in routine contact with the sun's rays, result in the heat radiating off the surface of these facilities to bling thermal sensors?

Edit:
Just in case I wasn't as clear, by the above I meant wouldn't the stations sort of become a thermal hotspot of sorts and just just appear as a blob of heat? Though I suppose maybe that's up to TRIAD to decide since it's his station. As for my light infantrymen though, as noted in an earlier post, they're not giving off any heat of their own.
Last edited by Kilrany on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Kilrany wrote:Slight question towards Feazanthia. Given the stations are rotating to artificially create a sense of gravity within, and thus causing the entire outside of each to be in routine contact with the sun's rays, result in the heat radiating off the surface of these facilities to bling thermal sensors?

Edit:
Just in case I wasn't as clear, by the above I meant wouldn't the stations sort of become a thermal hotspot of sorts and just just appear as a blob of heat? Though I suppose maybe that's up to TRIAD to decide since it's his station. As for my light infantrymen though, as noted in an earlier post, they're not giving off any heat of their own.

Generally, asteroids of the type used here don't actually soak up that much thermal energy at almost eight AU away from the star they're orbiting. We also have to consider that despite how I positioned the asteroid on the map, it is actually orbiting the gas-giant in a close orbit, which means that a good chunk of it's orbit will be spent in the Jovian's shadow.
Bottom line? Yes, when in the sunlight the asteroid will be slightly hotter than surrounding vacuum on thermal sensors, but it won't be a blob of heat since the life support and power inside is down.

Kilrany
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilrany » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 pm

I wasn't referring to the asteroid, I was referring to all the facilities that happen to be directly orbiting the sun, as Feazanthia made mention of picking up the thermal signatures of my infantry on the outside, and apparently this was enough to identify them as, "personal armor constructs," as he put it.

TRIAD Enterprises
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TRIAD Enterprises » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Kilrany wrote:I wasn't referring to the asteroid, I was referring to all the facilities that happen to be directly orbiting the sun, as Feazanthia made mention of picking up the thermal signatures of my infantry on the outside, and apparently this was enough to identify them as, "personal armor constructs," as he put it.

Ahhh, I must have missed that. Okay, I can agree with you here Kilrany.
Feaz, a slight edit may be in order. Thermals wouldn't show the Kilrany, however EM or visual detection might.

Also folks, just to avoid more confusion, when you're referencing a specific point in either thread, drop a link to the relevant post/s.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Gehenna: Alright, I'm in the process of writing up a post, I'm going to have my ship's sensors come mostly back online, and upon seeing how many ships are in the system, they're going to decide to lay low and try to scavenge as much as possible from the stations I've chosen as possible without being detected. And Feazanthia, I'm assuming the four ships you saw were mine considering the nuclear detonation you detected near them?
Last edited by Avenio on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents