NATION

PASSWORD

The Noravean Revolution (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Noravea
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Noravean Revolution (Open)

Postby Noravea » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:22 pm

OOC: This is a historical event in my nation's history, so I have a set ending in mind. All are welcome.

20 September, 2009
Romacini, Noravea
Pavarotti Opera House

The city of Romacini was the largest city in Noravea, and its capitol city. Millions of people resided within its limits, with millions of more in the metropolitan area. Over 60 million visit the city yearly, with at least a million tourists in the city at one time, visiting the landmarks, staying in hotels, or simply walking around seeing the beauty of the massive city of Romacini. Major political changes were occurring in the city every day. The Parliament building was filled with activity, as well as the dozens of political party headquarters, who were preparing for a protest against the government to hold elections in November, since the 2008, and 2004 Presidential Elections were indefinitely postponed by President Matthias. One of the political parties, led by Nicholas Caeus, was preparing for an organized protest against the government outside of the Parliament building. The Imperial Republican Party (NRP), which Caeus founded in early 2009, was one of the fastest growing political parties in the country, and after a merge with the National People's Party in June, the Conservative Party in July, and the Whig Party and Liberty Parties in August, the NRP became the second largest political party in the country, behind the United Noravean Front, the political party which was in charge of the country since 1998, and led by President Matthias since 2000.

Pavarotti Opera House was particularly busy. It was an opera theater in the center of Noravea, alongside the Imperial Republican Headquarters. It was the location of many illegal Anti-Government plays, and musicals, which were forbidden during a media censorship bill passed in 2008. While the law wasn't followed by most people, the police tolerated, and followed that law. It was one of the landmark events which led to the foundation of the Imperial Republican Party. The Pavarotti Opera House was how Nicholas Caeus turned much of the people to support the Imperial Republican Party. It was the center of Anti-Government activity in the country, and its proximity to the Parliament building. It was not watched by the government, and allowed for a large amount of planning to go into organized resistance against the government, particularly in the long and drawn out legal battles over the censorship laws.

The 14 year old Nicholas Caeus sat in a balcony at the Opera House, wearing a tuxedo with a red rose in it. It was one of the many covert symbols he used to organize his political and milita allies. The song O Sole Mio was being sung by celebrity singer Giovanni Dorma, who was a known NRP supporter. Next to Caeus, who was the leader and founder of the NRP, and its ideology, was Umberto Cicci, who was the head of the Cicci Family, and Michele Cicci, Caeus' personal friend and the son of Umberto Cicci. Caeus was listening to the beautiful lyrics, which he considered to be the most beautiful songs in Noravea. As the song was completed, he stood up cheering. Due to his standing, the hundreds of people in the theater stood to cheer as well.

"Excuse me, sir." said a man wearing a similar suit. He was a representative of President Matthias, who Caeus was trying to get relaxed so he could negotiate with him over the censorship law later. "But we must get this meeting going, this is an unnecessary divergence from the President's plan."

"The President has a lot of plans." Caeus said. "He plans on making our lives better, he plans on ending the war annually, he plans on improving our economy, and reducing unemployment. He plans and promises a lot of things, but until he does one of these things, its my playing field. I've accomplished more than he did, and I'm not even President! I've never been elected to a high ranking office before!"

Some of the guards smiled at the discussion. Caeus usually was harsh on all of the President's representatives, and as a member of the Assembly, the only government position Caeus held, he was one of the few people that were allowed to criticize the government. He usually yelled at the representatives for his own entertainment, knowing that nothing would get done either way. Unfortunately, some of the representatives were merely there to observe Caeus, and to find anything unusual. All they found out was that the Noravean Catholic Church was entirely sympathetic to Caeus, and that he was planning something over the coming few weeks on the day many expected some sort of election to take place.

"Sir!" yelled a guard who entered the room. "Several armored vehicles are approaching the Opera House! They have government markings."

"You deserve it." the Representative said to Caeus. "You have been planning to run for President, haven't you, to usurp power from our leader!"

Caeus stood up, and signaled two of his guards. "You do realize that if they've come to kill me, your going to die with us. You government officials never think things to the end do you?"

"Should I arrest him, sir?" Michele Cicci asked.

"Yes, bring him to the Party Headquarters, hold him until we resolve this situation." Caeus ordered, walking towards the windows in the nearby lobby. He looked down onto the street from several stories up, seeing a column of troop transports moving down towards the entrance of the Opera House. As Caeus observed what they were doing, thunderous applause began from below, where the Opera was finally complete. Several dozen people started to leave the Opera House, and started to scream, seeing dozens of soldiers being deployed from the APCs. On their vehicles, the red and blue government flag was prominently displayed, along with a portrait of President Matthias, which was painted onto the side of the vehicles. Imperial Republican Flags however lined the street, which had 5 stripes, red, white, black, red, and green again. It was the symbol of the Imperial Republican Party, and very popular across Noravea, with many civilians waving that instead of the government flag.

"Sir, we are reporting 90 government soldiers converging on our location." Michele Cicci said, reading a report just given to him by one of Caeus' guards. "My family is ready to assist you, and our military informants are reporting they have shoot to kill orders."

"Shit!" Caeus said angrily. "Is our internet still up?"

"Yes sir." Cicci replied, pulling out his phone to check the internet status.

"Good, post on it that the building is under siege, make it public." Caeus ordered. "We're going to exit through the front."

1 Hour Later

Hundreds of civilians were in front of the entrance of the Opera House, many armed with signs, rocks, and torches. They were all Caeus' supporters, who were ready to prevent the government from storming the Opera House. Dozens of Family Soldiers (Of the Cicci Family) were making their way into the crowd, and on adjacent buildings to support Caeus, who was planning on leaving the building in public, and to not to make a cowardly retreat below the tunnels under the ground. Within a few moments, a crack rang out through the crowd as Caeus left from the main entrance. A gunshot was fired by government forces at Caeus. While it missed, it hit one of the protesters.

"Return fire!" yelled a voice from the adjacent building. Dozens of sub machine guns opened fire on the soldiers below on the streets. The soldiers returned fire at the crowd, killing dozens of protesters. Caeus was there, organizing his forces to defend the civilians. Three IRP vehicles arrived with medical personnel to help wounded civilians, while other vehicles were dropping off Caeus' militia forces. Several television crews were present, filming the protests.

Within five minutes, it was all over. The surviving government troops retreated from the street. Hundreds of thousands of people who were watching on the news, or following on the internet, took to the streets to support Caeus. Caeus was ambushed by television cameras and the Press as he made his way towards his party's headquarters.

He said on the cameras, which were broadcast on worldwide Noravean television networks. "President Matthias must answer for his crimes, and the world must know of his massacre of 95 civilians today. I am calling on President Matthias to resign immediately, and for his party to dissolve. If not, they will face the might of the Noravean people."
Last edited by Noravea on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Map of Noravea
Population: 26,294,512

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Bump... Anyone can join.
Map of Noravea

Neo-Erusea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Erusea » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:31 pm

OoC: What exactly is your ending that you have in mind? It helps to know the ending of a preplanned RP so we can work towards it, or I can go out of my way to make it harder for you to attain =p Your choice

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Neo-Erusea wrote:OoC: What exactly is your ending that you have in mind? It helps to know the ending of a preplanned RP so we can work towards it, or I can go out of my way to make it harder for you to attain =p Your choice

OOC: I prefer it harder. Essentially, it is about the rise of Nicholas Caeus.
Map of Noravea

Osthia
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:36 pm

20 September, 2009
Imperial Palace, Ostrega, Osthia
Emperor Christofer Dralien I, Osthia's first Emperor, was in his briefing room with his Ministers. He had been woken up for a meeting, which he had personally asked for every time it seemed human rights were at risk. Well, this was one of those times. "How many were killed again?" the 16 year old Emperor asked. "95, Your Majesty. Noravea is now bubbling with anti-government resistance. Osthia has had no interaction with the Npravean government before, so I assure you, Your Majesty, that we can condemn this nation with little to no consequences for us," said Minister Lord Harold Sforka, the Foreign Affairs Minister. "Good. Write up a condemnation and send a communique to the NRP. We shall support them. God knows they will need it."

To the Leaders of the Legitimate NRP,
The Osthian Empire has witnessed these atrocities carried out by the government under President Matthias. These actions are uncalled for, and as such, the Osthian Empire voices its support with the People of Noravea in this struggle. I swear that I will force Matthias to see reason and step down before there is further bloodshed.
Sincerely,
Emperor Christofer Dralien I of Osthia and Quencilvania, King of Ostharia

To President Matthias,
The Osthian Empire and its High Council have noted that earlier this evening, you launched a violent attack on anti-government supporters. 95 civilians were killed. This is an act of unlawfulness, and as such, the Osthian Empire demands that you step down. This conflict could get ugly, and if you value your life, then you had best step down and leave the country. Its either that, or your death and the possible destruction of the nation you claim to love.
Signed,
Emperor Christofer Dralien I of Osthia and Quencilvania, King of Ostharia

The American Territories (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The American Territories (Ancient) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:10 pm

White House Meeting Room, Washington D.C

Barrack Obama is in the meeting room with Micheal.J.Morell Deputy Director of the Central Intellegence Agency joins him along with several other members of the C.I.A and other invited officals as Obama takes a sip of coffee and rests his hands on the table as Micheal Morell stands up with a vannila folder and lays it down infront of Obama as he takes it and opens it and reads over it,

"So, were dealing with 95 or so kiled protesters killed by government troops" Obama said as Morell nodded and sat down cracking his knuckles and drinking a cup of coffee as he sighs

"Yes, We if we dont possibly intervene they're might be more casualties of innocent protesters" Morell said as Obama thought for a moment then decided, "I'l send a letter of condemtion, then if more reports like this happen we put in sanctions and military actions" Obama said as Morell nodded and the meeting was over just as it started.

Letter From The Democratic States of The American Territories

Dear Whoever is Concerend,

We have receantly heard of the unjusticfiable Genocide of 95 innocent protesters and are appaled at such actions agaisnt your own people and want it to stop, We also condem your government of these unspeakable crimes, We warn you that if futher actions happen a econmic sanction will be made and Military actions will follow.
Sincerely
The President of The Democratic States of The American Territories
Barrack Obama
The Democratic States of The American Territories [MT]

Unfinished Factbook

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:35 pm

22 September, 2009
Romacini, Noravea
Fort Guardi

Fort Guardi was one of the dozens of islands in Romacini Bay, which was very similar to the city of Venezia back in Italy, where many Noraveans are descended from (Most are descended from Sicily). The old renaissance style buildings on the islands were dwarfed by the massive skyscrapers on the mainland. Some skyscrapers had their own individual islands, while some entire city districts sat on islands. The Government District in particular was on one of the islands, cut off from the mainland only by a small canal. Fort Guardi sat in the center of these close islands, many only meters apart. It was an old Renaissance fort with a wall lining the canal. Inside, several towers, barracks, and a central command center. While the outside looked dated, its inside was very modern, with some of the best trained soldiers in Noravea.

Admiral Giovanni Petrucci and General Enrico Torino sat at a small table in the command center of Fort Guardi. In their hands, small glasses of wine. Around the room were several officers at their own tables discussing non trivial matters. Many however were speaking about the Massacre of the Opera some two days ago. After that occurred, Nicholas Caeus escaped custody, and was visiting dozens of locations across Romacini, rallying together protests. It became a game of cat and mouse for those loyal to the President, and those loyal to Caeus. Military units that were loyal to Caeus, or were sympathetic, turned a blind eye when they found him, while some others executed military units and civilians refusing to help the search for Caeus, the 14 year old political fugitive.

"So, did you hear from Caeus at all?" Petrucci asked Torino, who was the Commandant of the Fort. "I heard he'll be at IRP Headquarters today."

"He's here right now." the General replied, lighting a cigar in his hand. He looked at the television reporting on the wounded civilians from the massacre two days ago.

The Admiral showed a face of shock. He was a strong admirer of Caeus, since much of the high ranking officer corps loathed the President, they admired Caeus since he was the only person who "Had the balls" (According to Petrucci), to stand up to President Matthias.

"You know, ever since the massacre, civilians have been non-stop. Government firewalls collapsed last night due to hackers supported by Caeus, and now he wants our help." Torino said, placing the cigar in his mouth. "I have most of the fort on our side. Some of the President's supporters, which are only around a dozen people here, will be detained before we defect to Caeus. Are you behind me?"

"Of course, of course." Petrucci said with a smile. "I've hated Matthias ever since he took power. He started a useless war, and I lost a lot of good people fighting it for him. Caeus is a logical person who knows his crap about military issues."

There was a brief silence in the room as everyone stood up, besides the General and Admiral. They all stood at attention to a man that the two did not see yet.

"At ease gentlemen." a familiar voice said. As the soldiers sat down to continue their meals, the two saw it was Nicholas Caeus. The two stood up to salute him. Caeus signaled for them to sit back down. "I understand I've been made an enemy of the state."

"You have. I also have orders to shoot you on sight." the General replied with a laugh. "You've got some balls for appearing in public. What is it now, 77 times since the 20th?"

"78 times." Caeus responded proudly. "It seems we have some support overseas. Our Facebook and Twitter campaigns are getting the hearts and minds of foreigners behind us it seems. Ostrega's Emperor is supporting us, as is President Obama in American Territories."

"Good, good." the Admiral said. "That still doesn't explain why you're still showing yourself in public. Matthias has spies everywhere."

"No worries." Caeus responded, looking at two men wearing black suits and fedora hats. "The Cicci Family is taking care of my security. President Matthias is also avoiding contacting foreign nations. He thinks wishing away his problems will end this. Anyway, I'm here because I am setting up a Provisional Government. I am establishing a Triumvirate, one member from the military, one from the former government, and one elected by the people."

"So, which one are you?" Torino said, amused. "You are a current government official, and a military member."

"I'm only a member because I'm an elected official. I'm giving that position to you, General Torino." Caeus replied. "If you accept, I will announce the formation of the Triumvirate tonight. On the 25th of September, we will move to capture vital locations across the city, and start our Revolution off from their. Do we have your support, General?"

"Well, you have mine." the Admiral said with a smile. "Enrico?"

Torino thought for a few seconds, "I agree. I also agree to elect you as the Triumvirate's voice during these times."

Presidential Palace
9 Hours Later
President Matthias' Office

President Matthias sat behind his desk with the dim lights behind him. He wore a tattered suit with some rips in it, caused by the thousands of civilians protesting in the streets. Many reports indicated over one million civilians were protesting across Romacini, and millions more across the country. With those, though, some smaller protests supporting Matthias, those few people who actually followed the propaganda set in place by Matthias. In front of the 67 year old leader was a glass of gin, which he had trouble drinking due to the stress of recent days. He hadn't made any public appearances, and called secretive meetings of his Inner Circle, with much of the meetings about hiding the prisons in the mountains.

"We must leave the city." the President said to three men at his desk. "Caeus formed a new government, and the city doesn't have enough Loyalists to hold it for long."

"So, we leave, and our forces hold out here for as long as possible, long enough for us to organize an army."

"Yes." the President replied. "I am leaving tonight. 60,000 troops will remain behind to cover us, and hold out as long as possible."

"Good."

"Yes." the President responded, standing up. "Tell the world I will not resign. I will keep order here, unlike that bastard Caeus."
Map of Noravea

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Bump...
Map of Noravea

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:28 am

Anyone going to post?
Map of Noravea

East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:18 pm

22 September 2009
Williamsburg D.K., East Klent
Executive House

President Ramon Jupoi walked down the stairs to the Situation Room accompanied by his Chief of Staff, Tobias Frester. Even though the Independence War against Mostrov was in armistice, pending the scheduling of peace talks, the President visited the Sit Room every day. Today's visit, as he had learned only moments earlier, had nothing to do with the war, which both pleased and displeased him. On one hand, he had to make his first non-war related decision as President, on the other, it was a distraction from the tension that could burst at any moment.

When the President and Frester entered, the members of the National Security Cabinet stood at attention, "How many casualties were there?" the President asked.

"Ninety-five, Sir," General Nance Oppel said in response.

The President practically fell into his chair, "Ninety-five?" he breathed.

"Yes, Sir," Oppel affirmed.

The worst instance of casualties of the war had been when twenty-six troops were killed by enemy fire in one day. Yet, here the President was, being briefed on a massacre that took place within a nation that was not officially embroiled in civil war. The very thought of it sickened the President.

"How come we're just now hearing about it?" Vice-President Nathan Carrington inquired in his characteristic abrasive manner.

"The war has severely negated our communication and intelligence networks," Jannis McGora, the acting Director of the K.B.I, replied.

"I'll say," President Jupoi commented, "Are we sure it was President Matthias' forces?"

The group nodded in unison, which did not improve the President's mood in the slightest. He was going to have to support a teenage dissident; he knew that Caeus seemed to be a perfectly capable leader, and that the Noravean military was more or less supporting him. Still, the notion that such a young being held so much power disturbed the President. Regretfully, he had no other choice. The President made his decision.

"Send official notifications to both the Noravean government and the opposition stating our moral and financial support for the NRP, then send an encrypted message to Caeus informing him that I've ordered a Special Forces unit be sent to Noravea via their colony here, to be under his direct command," he ordered.

"But Mr. President, he already has an entire army behind him, what possible use could he have for our Spec. Ops?" Frester protested.

President Jupoi glanced over at General Oppel, then both men turned to Frester, "He'll know what to do," the General assured Frester.

The following communiques were sent;

A Message from the President of the Free Unionist Republic of East Klent

To: President Matthias of Noravea
Subject: Massacre

Greetings Mr. President,

As President of East Klent, I must condemn the actions taken by your government that resulted in the murder of ninety-five innocent lives. Such deplorable acts should not be tolerated by the international community and shall not be tolerated by this administration.

With this in mind, I hereby state the East Klentian government's full support of Nicholas Caeus and the NRP, both morally and financially.

If any threat is henceforth made against an East Klentian national by your government or their forces, I will have no other choice than to petition Congress to declare war.

I urge you to heed this warning.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Ramon Jupoi,
President of the Free Unionist Republic of East Klent.
Tel: (675)-555-0001
Fax: (675)-555-0001
E-mail: jupoi@poek.gov.ek

A Message from the President of the Free Unionist Republic of East Klent

To: Nicholas Caeus & Other NRP Leaders
Subject: Support

Greetings,

As President of East Klent, I must condemn the actions taken by the Matthias government that resulted in the murder of ninety-five innocent lives. Such deplorable acts should not be tolerated by the international community and shall not be tolerated by this administration.

With this in mind, I hereby promise our full support for your cause, both morally and financially.

I hope peace may be reached.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Ramon Jupoi,
President of the Free Unionist Republic of East Klent.
Tel: (675)-555-0001
Fax: (675)-555-0001
E-mail: jupoi@poek.gov.ek

}[]7{[*}]{](99*[]p}[7p{][5p[

\|][p[p*/*-+0(()*()8975[;p[]{-=!1`33098)*_9)(87^7%347[}{\{}|{;';></.9)98%7&%#76%7654453
$%$!~~!@#$%^&*()_"
//*--/-**-)9(87*(&8&978][][;[87*(&987*:";}{["op[p**&0-)((_-089++-0]][[=[;[
!@#$%^&*(((&%&%^$&#^&%}{)(*(*&

^*&()*&{}{}|
()*)_(**(*)(*()({}
)(*)_(*)*()}}|{)

A Message from the Department of Defense & Security

To: Nicholas Caeus, Leader of the NRP
Subject: Deployment

Greetings,

As Secretary of Defense & Security, I must inform you that President Jupoi has ordered the deployment of Special Forces Unit A-1 under the command of Colonel Jarred Stevens with Commander Cash Willows in second. They are to be under your direct command for any objective you see fit during these troubling times. These seven men are also under orders to assist with your personal security.

They are currently en route to Romacini via stealth aircraft and shall arrive soon.

Godspeed.

Thank you for your time.

Signed,

Later
International Airspace

The soldiers of Unit A-1 were strapped to their seats as they approached their destination. Having been recalled from shore-leave for this mission, they did not have the best disposition. Their commanding officer, Jarred Stevens, was, as usual, trying to lighten the mood with his ever worsening puns and jokes.

"How does a Mostrovite with a head cold feel?" he began.

"What, Sir?" the rest groaned together.

"Mousy!" Stevens missed yet again.

Cash Willows, who had risen through the ranks in recent years with tremendous speed, was slightly anxious. When the armistice had been implemented, he thought that he would not be called back to duty for an actual mission, maybe a desk job or training position, but not active duty. The though of being shot at again did contribute, but minimally. The main problem, he figured, was that grenade that blasted in front of him a year earlier, at the very start of the war. He was not terribly injured, physically, but he was shaken, even a year later.

Stevens turned and noticed his subordinate's grim face, "Turbulence getting to you, Willows?"

"No, Sir, just your jokes," Willows chortled back.

"Oy, I'm your CO, I can tell jokes if I want to..." The brotherly banter went on until the pilot came over the intercom.

"Beginning descent, hold on."
Last edited by East Klent on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

Romanium Imperium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanium Imperium » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:16 pm

September 22nd - 2009
Imperium Romanum - The City of Rome

Few were older than she, the oldest city in the oldest empire in human history. She was never the largest empire; just the oldest, eternal and preserving; she even outlived the immortal dragon of Asia. From Rome, all roads came from, for they were built by Roman hands in the ages before other nations even existed; and to Rome all roads came, for that is where they originated from. Her age, it showed in the building and the architecture that made up her body; Rome was ancient, more ancient than her empire was, as old as her long forgotten republic from which all modern republics based; even if Democracy was Greek. Within her ancient boundaries lay the Roman Senate, the first of its kind, as Athens was Direct; and Rome was Representative; from this Senate came the voices of men who discussed Rome's daily fate.

Today they discussed the barbarianism ebbing at yet another regime; Noravea was not a nation which Rome related to; the Italian blood that flowed in the veins of the Noraveans was weak; diluted and unworthy of the great legacy they came from, yet still; they came from the same pool, and somewhere down in their weakened cores there was Roman.

"Their so called President massacred ninety five innocent people." Aurelius Meridia spoke loudly; he was one of the few Senators in attendance that dared to say that Rome would support a child. In opposition to him, aside from in practice the entire Roman Senate; Lucius Volga sat forward, Consul of the Empire, Speaker of the Senate, Co-Emperor defacto of the Empire and Second only unto Caesar spoke.

"Rome does not support the will of children; she supports the will of men. The Price of Treason is Death; Rebellion is Treason." The statesmen's voice was heavy and dark; his mere tone silenced Aurelius, either out of respect; or absolute terror. Lucius was not to be fooled with; many considered him to be the reincarnation of Gaius Julius Caesar himself; and they dared not to cross him out of fear of what he himself could do, Caesar be forgotten.

"Politics are the realm of men, not women and boys. This is a boy; not a man. He is unfit; Rome will not see him empowered, not even if all his people followed him blindly." The Consul continued darkly before a hand was risen slowly, and even Lucius snapped shut instantly. Caesar stood from his position with purpose adjusting his archaic clothing as he did so. There was no refined grace; he was not royalty, that was not how Roman politics worked. "The Roman Empire supports the Presidency of Matthias of Noravea. It denounces and condemns this rebel movement. Make your vote." Caesar's voice was authoritarian and strong, it cut into the souls of men and they were humbled. Quietly, as though beaten the senators made their vote.

Communique of the Imperium Romanum

What is this...Foolishness? You all who decry the stable and proper regime in exchange for but a boy, a child who has no place in the world of men? Insanity among the barbarian hordes; I am not surprised. The Roman Empire denounces any claim of leadership this boy-fool makes, this Nicholas Caeus; he is but a child, unfit to rule over himself much less a people. The President of Noravea; this new and dynastic term your modern world is recognized by Rome as Matthias of Noravea; and no other. Yes, recently his troops put down rebels, yet we've all done the same and this is different how? It is not. The Penalty of Treason is Death; Rebellion is Treason, President Matthias was perfectly justified in his doing. We offer our unending support to this president, as he is rightful ruler of Noravea; and we swear to preserve his reign.

Romulus Augustus - Caesar of Rome - Dictator of Nicaea and Byzantine Emperor
Imperium Romanum
The Most Efficient Military Force In The History of Man

By The Grace of The Gods, and Might of the Roman Legions; Romulus Aurelius Augustus, Emperor of Byzantium, Dictator of Nicaea, Kaisar of Greece, Consul and Princeps, First Among Equals, Beloved of Jupiter, Pontifex Maximus of Roma - Rightful and Only Caesar of Rome

Slave State and Proudly So.
And you STILL need a better reason than the above to invade.

The American Territories (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The American Territories (Ancient) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:27 pm

International Waters Near Noravean
CURRENT DATE AND TIME CLASSIFIED
Navy Seal Team 6

A U.S Cargo ship was in international waters near Noravean, The cargo ship was holding Navy Seal Team 6 who were preparing there small rubber boat that two small V8 engines the team was comprised of 6 men all trained in diffrent skills needed to even think about becomming a Seal, This team was a highly famous one who are responsible for killing Fidel Castro in Territorial held Cuba as Richard Phillips had his gear on and his scoped M4 carbine with a lazer aim sight attached to his scope,

The rest of his team was also ready as the C.O Captain went over to him dressed as any fisher men in a Cargo ship, A black camo army bag was inside the boat which had civilian clothing they could wear incase they needed to ditch there Combat suits and hide them,

"Four minutes till " The C.O Captain said as he nodded to them and walked off a ciggerate in his mouth as he blew smoke from his nose which flew into the dark skies and dissapeared as the Seal team was ready,

"Equipment ready?"

"Equipment ready, sir" they replied

"Guns ready?"

"Guns ready, sir" they replied

"Good, everyone in the boat and keep radio scilence till we reach the target zone" Richard said as he hopped into the boat along with his team as the boat was safetly lowered into the water and the boats engines started up rumbeling to life.

A seal team member held the moving stick as he guided the small rubber boat into Noravean waters, the cover of darkness was on there side along with the fact there boat was small and no ship passing back would see it as they sailed foward.

OOC: I hope you dont mind if i send in a Seal team to link up with the resistance leader
Last edited by The American Territories (Ancient) on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Democratic States of The American Territories [MT]

Unfinished Factbook

Kuwat
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuwat » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Emparus,Kuwat
Imperail Palace

Pharan Philip I walked into his conference room were the director of the K.I.A and the Minister of Foreign Affairs sat waiting for him, "What is the situation in Noravea?" asked Philip " The
NRP have announced their new government and they have gained the support of a large portion of the military." the Pharan look at the TV on the Wall it showed millions of Protesters outside of the Presidential Palace, " Evacuate our embassy and get me a pen and paper,

Dear "President"

The slaying of your own people was the last straw, your time as leader of the nation of Norvea has come to an end it is clear that the people of your nation do not want you in power, that is why I am commending your government and demanding your resignation or removal from office. This is your first and final warning, do not take it lightly.

Signed
His Majesty Pharan Philip I of Kuwat
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Kerblaekistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerblaekistan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:15 pm

OOC: I would post, but the rebels have enough supporters already.
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

-John F. Kennedy

Sokka's Guide to surviving the Desert
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
-Sheldon Cooper on 'Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.'

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:24 pm

September 24th, 2009
Romacini, Noravea
Fort Guardi, Meeting Hall

The Fort Guardi meeting hall was a large circular open chamber. It was constructed in 1895 so that major Generals and Admirals could meet to discuss strategy. Now though, it was the location of the Triumvirate. On a stage near the front of the room, Nicholas Caeus stood, watching as everyone voted for the 3rd member of the Triumvirate. Caeus was unanimously selected for the Triumvirate, with General Torino being selected just a few moments ago with 2/3 of the vote. The 3rd position of the Triumvirate was to be chosen from a group of public figures. Among them, General Kang, a guerrilla commander, John Kim, a socialist, and Peter Orson Welles (Commonly known as Orson Welles by most people), a teacher and author.

"Kang, Kang, Kim, Kang, Welles, Welles, Kang." Caeus read out, looking through the ballots. "Kang, Kang, Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim, Kang, Kang, Kang, Kang, Kang, Kang, Welles, Welles, Welles, Welles, Kim, Kang, Kang, Kang, and Kim."

"15 of 27 votes go to Kang." said another man at the podium. "I hereby declare General Kang to be the third member of the Triumvirate."

"Very good!" Kang said excitedly, approaching the podium. He shook Caeus' hand, and raised his arm to salute him.

"Welcome to the Triumvirate, General Kang. You will be representing the people on this Triumvirate, and you will be given an official rank in our new military." Caeus announced. "Now, we need to vote for a leader of the Triumvirate."

"Caeus." Kang said. "I shall vote for you as Triumvirate leader."

"As shall I." Torino said. "I think it is obvious that Caeus is our leader for the time being."

The room roared in applause as the television cameras trained on Caeus. He approached the podium, and began to speak live to those who can see him.

"My fellow Noraveans, today, I ask you, whether or not you are a nationalist, a socialist, fascist, or communist, to join together to overthrow the government of President Matthias. Tonight, I am calling for the people of Noravea to join me in a National Revolution!" Caeus announced. "I call on you to join me and take over the city of Romacini, which was renamed by Matthias in 2004! We shall rename it to its name of Plutonia, as it always was before, and shall always be forever after this! We shall fight with allies for our freedom, and if necessary, alone. Join me, people of Noravea! Join the Triumvirate forces!"
Map of Noravea

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm

**tag for interest***
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:25 pm

September 25th, 2009
Romacini, Noravea
Presidential Palace

The sun rose over the capitol city, the silent morning was relatively peaceful. While Revolution was under way, both sides were still organizing their forces for the city. President Matthias knew that he would lose the city, and left the city just two days before. Nicholas Caeus, and other members of his Provisional Government were organizing forces all across the city, from civilian militias all the way to full military divisions. Civilians who joined militias took up jobs guarding government facilities, preparing for the orders to turn on government forces and push their forces out of the city. Outside of the Presidential Palace, several thousand civilians, many waving blue, white, and red flags with a hammer in the center, started chanting Anti-Government slogans. Many of them held picket signs with portraits of Nicholas Caeus and General Kang, the two faces of the Revolution. General Torino, who was less popular with the people due to his political beliefs, was not depicted on most posters, even though he was a member of the Triumvirate.

Nicholas Caeus loaded his pistol, and put three other rounds in his pockets. He wore jeans and a shirt with a jacket over his shirt. He wanted to blend in with the protests to join in the storming of the Presidential Palace, which was his first plan of action for the war. His soldiers got a hold of artillery pieces at Fort Guardi, as well as several military helicopters. Militias themselves started to assemble behind the crowds, waiting to attack the Palace. President Matthias' last officials were just leaving the Palace by helicopter when the Government forces opened fire at the protesters.

"Fire!" yelled one of the soldiers, as he fired into the crowd. Dozens of people fell to the ground, dead. Some civilians returned fire, taking out several guards. Three massive explosions then tore through the crowds from government artillery within the Palace walls. Caeus himself was almost hit by a bullet at one point before he got in contact with his forces.

"Red Dawn, I repeat, Red Dawn!" Caeus said into his cell phone, which was connected to General Kang, who was a block away with the milita. Within a few minutes, several armored trucks with civilian militias entered the fray, firing into the Palace gates. Hundreds, if not thousands of militia and military members swarmed towards the gates of the Palace, led by Nicholas Caeus. They quickly stormed through the gates of the Presidential Palace, overwhelming the guards which stayed behind. Within a few moments, they were at the entrance of the Palace, which civilians were trying to take down.

The gun fighting continued for nearly an hour before Caeus' and Kang's men took the Presidential Palace. Over 450 civilians were killed by government forces, and 244 militia. 312 government forces were killed, and 600 were taken prisoner. Another 400 of them defected to join Caeus' forces. Nearby, members of Parliament who remained behind took over the Parliament Building for Caeus without resistance, and other major parts in the city were taken with little to no casualties. The airport, the waterfront, several vital bridges, and most government buildings in the center of the city fell under Caeus' control.

As the night fell, Caeus managed to get the entire city under his control. Firefights began on the outskirts of the city with Government forces, who were retreating to set up a perimeter around the city. Within hours, massive artillery attacks struck the capitol city, killing hundreds, if not thousands of people. Caeus on a radio address announced, "The Triumvirate, in a unanimous vote, is agreeing to place President Matthias on trial for war crimes, and crimes against humanity. He has two options, either fight on, until we capture and place him on trial for these crimes, or he agree to a surrender of all forces, and a resignation. In return for resignation of all government officials, including Matthias, they will be allowed to leave Noravea with no trials, or if they are able to defend themselves, they may remain in their home nation. President Matthias, if you do not give up, we shall hunt you to the ends of this earth. We shall hunt for you for all of eternity, as long as the sun rises and sets, as long as elections circle the nucleus of the atom, we shall hunt you until we find you and bring you to justice. Thousands are dead because of your actions, surrender while you can."
Map of Noravea

Romanium Imperium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romanium Imperium » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 pm

September 25th, 2009
Imperium Romanum - The City of Rome

"You know I'd almost dare to call you a hypocrite, my friend." Lucius's voice struck the air like a barbed spear, causing Caesar to smile darkly. The Senator dropped himself into a chair, a simple design not quite like the usual sofa-allotment that was typical of Romans. The room was wide and open and aside from a few servants the political generals were alone to plot as they would.

"Oh no, you see it's far more methodical than that my friend. We are both military leaders as well as politicians, this is how things in Rome work; as we know. In Noravea, with holding my immediate assault belays any international backlash, and believe me; while we do not particularly give a damn about the opinions of barbarians it is helpful to our cause to wait." Romulus began simplistically as he motioned to one of the servants, who appeared almost from no where, pouring two generous goblets of fine Roman wine.

"You see the problem with Italians normally is they're a weak-blooded diluted lot." The Senator nodded in silent agreement, lifting one of the aforementioned goblets. "These Noraveans, they're not so weak; as you've seen. They're not afraid to spill blood and fight back against what they don't believe in, and in retrospect; the rightful government is not afraid to put down the rebels that most would just conform to."

Caesar paused for a moment, taking a drink of his own, careful and measured. "This is why I'm waiting; to see how long this revolution takes to fail; and it begins to gain momentum." Lucius made to interrupt but Caesar continued. "Any more than it already has ah well; then I'll send the Legion. In the mean time it is a matter of careful recording. Of course; we've already readied ourselves so it shouldn't be too difficult."

As the Autocrat finished the Senator finally spoke himself. "Yes well; beware Aurelius, lest we deal with two revolutions at once." The Consul frowned sternly as the Caesar rose a brow.

"He's gathering a coalition against me in the Senate, isn't he?" Romulus sat up from his more lax position as Lucius set his empty goblet down.

"He is working on that at the moment, yes. He does not mean to openly challenge you yet, though. If I may advise." Lucius paused, Caesar nodded softly. "Allow him his coalition; to see if it comes into frutiation. I will keep an eye on it, allowing you to concentrate on the Nova Romans." The Consul said simply as he rose, he gave a salute before he bade his friend fair well and left.

Caesar sat to himself in the moments that followed, thinking carefully of things, of the politics consuming Noravea, and of the politics consuming his own domain. Perhaps the Not-So-Weak-Italians were worth looking into, in more ways than supporting a poor despot that they obviously no longer wanted...
Last edited by Romanium Imperium on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperium Romanum

By The Grace of The Gods, and Might of the Roman Legions; Romulus Aurelius Augustus, Emperor of Byzantium, Dictator of Nicaea, Kaisar of Greece, Consul and Princeps, First Among Equals, Beloved of Jupiter, Pontifex Maximus of Roma - Rightful and Only Caesar of Rome

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:15 pm

September 26th, 2009
Romacini, Noravea
Presidential Palace

The Klentians were recovering after their part in the taking of the Palace. They had to readjust the adrenaline rush brought by the chaos of battle. One of them, Corporal Matthew Harrison, had been shot in the left shoulder during the firefight, but the wound was a through-and-through and he lost only a minimal amount of blood. Still, that did not stop him from complaining about it, "Damn shoulder; this means we'll get reinforcements, right?"

"No, remember, we're officially not here," an exasperated Stevens reminded him, "Our uniforms say we're Noraveans, ergo we're fair game."

"It still hurts," Harrison groaned.

"It's a flesh wound, you've been through worse," Willows told the Corporal sternly.

After sighing angrily for a bit, Harrison reluctantly submitted.

A few moments later, Willows was restless, "What's our next move?"

"Well, according to Caeus' address, the next move is to hunt down the President if he doesn't surrender," Stevens replied.

"He could've been a tad more specific," Lieutenant Wilson Perry murmured, looking out a window.

"He's a kid, what'd you expect?" Harrison jabbed as he rose from his lying position.

"He's a kid who commands us, not to mention an entire army, but Wil's right, I'll find out more about the next step," Stevens said as he walked out of the room.

Stevens headed toward where he assumed the Triumvirate were and knocked on the door, "Sorry to interrupt gentlemen, but my men were wondering what's next?"
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project

The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:30 pm

26 September, 2009
Romacini, Noravea
Triumvirate Palace (Formerly Presidential Palace) Triumvirate Chambers

The Triumvirate Chamber was empty except for around six people. The three Triumvirate members, Caeus, Kang, and Torino, as well as three other government officials who were loyal to the National Revolution, as Caeus called it. Of them, Welles, who was a known leftist teacher and author, John Kim, and Admiral Petrucci, who were given high ranking positions in the Caeus government. On the table they were sitting around, a map of Noravea. Romacini was surrounded, and was the only area so far firmly under their control. They were besieged by nearly 110,000 government troops, who were relocated to Albara, a city further north. The map had many anglicized names, and while around 90% of the population were of Italian descent, around 50% of the population had Irish descent in them as well, including Caeus. The land was formerly a British colony in the 1700s, when it first became independent, and other parts were Papal or Sicilian colonies. Caeus' family itself was from Italy less than a century ago, specifically Sicily.

"We have mostly naval control, which means we can cut off their access to trade." Admiral Petrucci said, pointing to the dotted trade routes into Noravea. "Which means that the siege isn't even a full siege. We can still get supplies in from overseas, and we can attack from our Carrier fleets on enemy territory."

"Good." Caeus said. "What about our Divisions in the North?"

"They will try to attack the rear of the siege force." Torino responded, pointing to an area round Amerigo State, near the city of Vespucci. "I am unsure whether or not to continue on though, it may be seen as dishonorable."

"This is a war, General." Caeus quickly responded. "There is no such thing as honorable warfare. If you have a way to win, use it. I don't give a shit if there are peaceniks out there, we will move forward. The only way to win this war, or any war, is to spill enough blood on the enemy side. Order the 3 Divisions to attack immediately, and give no mercy to those damn artillery units pounding our city. While they do that, our forward forces will try to break out to keep the enemy occupied."

"Yes sir." Torino said, somewhat grudgingly. "General Kang could lead the diversion, while I lead the forward advance towards Carinthal."

"Very good. I approve." Caeus replied, standing up. "We begin on October 1st, we need to build up our forces, and consolidate our gains so far. If the enemy tries an attack on us before then, I have this standing order. No surrender, and no defeatism. That will not be tolerated in this Revolution."

As he said those words, the East Klent soldiers entered the room, and asked their question.

"What can we do for you gentlemen?" Caeus asked.
Map of Noravea

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:15 pm

"Well, I was going to ask what the next move was, but judging by what you just said, Sir, I think my question has been answered, though could I have a private word with you for a moment?" Stevens inquired.

September 26th, 2009
Williamsburg D.K, East Klent
Executive House

President Jupoi was in the Executive office having a meeting with Secretaries Gerrald and Rienburg, the latter being the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, when his personal secretary walked in and gave him a message. He read it and let out a sigh.

"Is everything all right, Sir?" Rienburg asked concernedly.

"Well, apart from the fact that a Corporal was shot in the firefight, and we don't know his condition, everything's fine and dandy," the President answered sarcastically.

"What's the Corporal's name?" Gerrald inquired.

The President glance over the note once more, "Matthew Harrison, he's twenty-four."

"He's one of Stevens' men, he'll be fine, Mr. President, Stevens always takes care of his team," Gerrald assured him.

"You know, Stevens mentioned to me a few months ago that he might be interested in diplomacy," Rienburg mentioned.

"Ambassador Jarred Stevens? I think when Hell freezes over," Gerrald chortled.

"Well, after we make peace with Mostrov, we're planning on joining the World Assembly, he could be our temporary delegate, at least," the President suggested.

"I'll talk to him about it when he gets back," Rienburg decided.

"If he gets back," the President murmured under his breath, "Dismissed," he said aloud.

"Thank you, Mr. President," the two Secretaries said unanimously and stood to leave.
Last edited by East Klent on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:43 pm

30 September, 2009
South of Romacini (Renamed Columbia by Revolutionaries)
City of Conna

The city of Conna was bustling with government activity, with thousands of government troops on their off hours, many waiting for transportation to return to the front lines after their brief break. Civilians however were very wary of government forces, since the town was the birthplace of Nicholas Caeus. While Conna was considered to be an "Outskirt Town" of Romacini (Now known as Columbia to the Revolutionaries), it was largely autonomous, however. Large posters of Nicholas Caeus still stood in the town, with many members of the Government Army fearing civilian protests if they tore them down. Some schools in the area even had statues of Caeus, especially those believed to be supporting militias.

Civilians all across the city were preparing for orders from Columbia (Romacini), where Caeus' new government was located. President Matthias claimed to the people all across Noravea that the Revolution was crushed, but radio and television reports indicated the opposite. Government forces were preparing to set up more defensive lines as protests started in more and more cities. Over the last two weeks, over 7,500 people were killed during protests outside of Columbia (Romacini), but that fact was largely being kept a secret from the public, with the number only believed to be at most a few hundred people. Matthias ordered immediate executions for those reported to have joined in militias, or families of those who refused to surrender. Caeus arrived in Conna that day to meet with local leaders, having crossed the siege line the previous day. He was deep in enemy territory, and was trying to rally militias to his cause.

He sat at a local school in Conna, where several milita organizers and guerrilla leaders were meeting. Caeus had several television crews with him to record the meeting for after the city was liberated, so that they can be used for news reports in the coming weeks. Caeus started to give orders to his soldiers, and when speaking to General Kang, who was with him, Caeus used an interesting way to win the war.

"War is won by cutting the legs and head off of the enemy." Caeus said, looking down on his body, in front of nearly a dozen Revolutionary leaders. "The Air Force and Elite Army are the legs, and Matthias the head. If you take out one of the legs, like the air force, the enemy only has one leg."

Caeus stood on a single foot. He then stated that, "After that, we cut the head off. We arrest or kill Matthias, leaving their forces leaderless, and unable to achieve victory. Only through blood can we win. We have the will to win, unlike Matthias' men, who continue to surrender to us each and every day. Remember, no retreat, and keep momentum during our new operation, and if we keep up, it will guarantee victory."

The recording of the meeting was released when Caeus returned to Columbia later that day, once again crossing enemy lines to get to a safer area. As the most prominent member of the Triumvirate, he was the face of the Revolution, with many recognizing his importance. He, unlike Matthias, who placed stupid people around him to make him seem smarter, Caeus chose the most intelligent people, and not "Yes Men" so that he can win the war.
Last edited by Noravea on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Map of Noravea

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 pm

September 30th, 2009
Columbia, Noravea
Triumvirate Palace

Having been a part of Caeus' protection detail during his visit to Conna, the soldiers of Unit A-1 were debatably the most nervous people there. They were Special Forces, not the Presidential Guard, and even if they were, the agents of the Guard were protecting their own president and they more or less did not have to worry about their own people whereas the Unit had to protect the leader of a rebellion from government forces and civilians loyal to the government. Crossing the front line twice in one day did not help their nerves.

Having gone through a little over a year and a half of war with Mostrov, many of them veterans of previous wars, they were paranoid to the extreme; though on the exterior, they would appear to the average citizen as the calmest soldiers. They were trained to do this so that in the event they were evacuating, rescuing, etcetera, civilians, they would be able to prevent panic, thus chaos. Though this had taken a toll on each Klentian soldier in one way or another, they had adjusted to the lifestyle.

Stevens, being the most experienced of the team was fully alert throughout the whole trip and to his surprise, there had not been anything suspicious. Not a man with crossed arms, nor an out of place container or electrical device. The entire trip had gone 'smoothly' as his brother at the Guard would say.

Now as they recuperated in their section of the Palace, Stevens and Willows were playing cards as the rest slept.

"I can't believe nothing happened today," Willows commented as he glanced at his hand.

"Well, half of everything is lick, Cash," Stevens retorted as he tried to decipher Willows' face.

"And the other half?" Willows asked gloomily, folding his hand.

"Fate," Stevens smirked as he took Willows' rations for himself.

"I play better when we're betting money and not food," Willows defended his dignity.

"I'm sure you do, Commander, but we're betting food," Stevens grinned coyly.

After loosing three more games, Willows decided to quit, "You're cheating somehow, there's no way you'd could win that many times in a row fairly."

"Kid, I practically wiped each casino in Henderson* out back in my youth, and every klento I won was legal," Stevens argued.

"Sure," Willows sighed sarcastically, "what'd you and Caeus talk about the other day?" he added.

After a hesitant pause, Stevens answered, "Classified."

"Our entire mission is classified, why can't you tell me about it?" Willows raised his brow.

"It's late, Commander, and we get up early, get some sleep, and that's an order," Stevens avoided the question.

"Yes, Sir," Willows breathed frustratedly.

OOC: * Equivalent to Las Vegas.

Romanium Imperium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Romanium Imperium » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 am

September 30th, 2009
Imperiun Romanum - City of Ostia

Political machinations dominated Rome, this much was true. When it did finally start to move, the old metaphoric bull slowly came to motion, methodically and plotting; always. The sea-port of Ostia was much a fortress as it was a city; it was the fortress of Rome for that matter. Great stone walls that dated back to the very foundation of the city were at their thinnest point twenty feet thick and in their thickest in excess of fifty. They stood a hundred feet high and while these days they were mostly a cultural-historic landmark; were still a formidable sight so much as to be seen out to sea for several miles.

The massive ballistae that sat upon the upper battlements were no longer a threat to the vessels of war that left it's ancient harbor, a smattering of modern Destroyers and Frigates; a single Roma-class battleship sat silent, unmovable, the maritime museum that it was. One could almost feel the sadness coming from it; that it could not join in the coming battles.

It wasn't a logistical miracle that left, either. Days of careful preparation had single vessels eeking out of the harbor and various others across the Imperium to meet strategically, joining into one fleet whence they were outside of Roman waters. What left Ostia was simply the last dredges of the greater force; the few warships and an assortment of large logistical vessels.

The Legion was coming; and the civilian-masses that the boy-fool Caeus led would find themselves at the hands of an even less merciful opponent than their own people who they rebelled against. They did not mistake combat for glory; nor did they believe in traditionalist honor; Total War; they invented the idea of it, and these Nova Romans would learn it; and they would learn it well.

Surprisingly; Caesar was not with his armies; as was the tradition of any Roman army that they were led not by some arbitrary general but by the politician who rose them, because there was little distinction between politician and military leader in the Imperium. Rather instead there was simply a Legate, the Roman equal to a 'general' that led them in this instant. As always, something more was going on than appeared...
Imperium Romanum

Noravea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Noravea » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:14 pm

October 1st, 2009
South of Conna
General Kang's Tank Divisions

General Kang stood on top of his command tank, overlooking the city of Conna in the distance. Smoke started to rise from some of the buildings, indicating that Caeus' supporters began the new offensive within Conna itself. Kang arrived in the city of Terraria on the 30th of September, to organize defecting soldiers for an attack on Conna from the South, which was the rear of the enemy lines. His orders from Caeus were to give no mercy to enemy troops, who killed thousands of Noraveans through artillery strikes on the city of Columbia. General Kang was a man in his mid-thirties, and had for the last fifteen years was living largely in the mountains and forests with a group of "Naturalists". In 1998, he organized Kang's Army, a guerrilla group which would fight against then President Eretria, who left office in 2001. The Army was disbanded in 2001, but was reformed in 2004 when President Matthias' intentions were revealed. His forces were crushed however in 2008, so Kang was one of the few survivors of Kang's Army. Now, he was placed in charge of Caeus' tank divisions, and as a member of the Triumvirate, he would bring about confidence to his forces.

Some 300 tanks were lined along the streets and the fields just twenty miles south of Conna. Thousands of Revolutionary troops were preparing to charge into the city at the same time that Caeus began his offensive from Columbia into Conna. It would force the enemy to retreat, and allow for a massive military victory and connect the two large Revolutionary forces into one large force to be reckoned with. Reports of soldiers defecting all across the coast also gave confidence to the Revolutionaries, with cities like Thracia, Terraria, Gatestown, Fort Mason, and New Plymouth all announcing their intentions to go under Triumvirate control. The Revolutionary Army in total now consisted of nearly 250,000 soldiers generally centered on Columbia, and 45,000 in other cities. Countless members of militias also made up parts of this new Army, while much of the Navy defected to Caeus' forces.

"Begin operations, General." Caeus said over the phone. "We are beginning our breakout towards Conna, make a push, and we can unite to break the siege force!"

"Yes, sir." Kang said, looking through his binoculars. He lifted a whistle to his mouth, and blew it. The engines started to roar as the tanks charged towards Conna. Caeus' forces marched towards Conna from the North, where heavy fighting took place, but ended within two hours with the pincer attack onto the city, and the surprise attack from the rear. As the sun set that day, Caeus arrived triumphantly in Conna, where he announced that "The New Noravea will be a Nova Roma! A paradise of bread and circuses! Long live the Revolution!"
Map of Noravea

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents