NATION

PASSWORD

Rosa Rubicundior - OOC and Planning

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mallarctaia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Rosa Rubicundior - OOC and Planning

Postby Mallarctaia » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:36 pm

IC RP Thread
Map of Mallarctaia

If you're a skilled RPer who wants to take part in a slow RP (mainly because I don't have much time these days), you're welcome to post any ideas you have here. You can be part of the multinational intervention force, a gang, a private security firm, or a corporation. Hell, you can play a cannibal too, if you want.

Please keep the multinational force realistic in the numbers. I want to see troops in the hundreds/very low thousands. It's a stabilisation mission, not an invasion.

So this is the scenario:

Mallarctaia is an island nation, a former colonial outpost turned into a nation by freed slaves. It's a mix of religions, cultures and languages brought together out of necessity.

I based it shamelessly on a very modified version of Haiti.

Following a long time of constant coups and government, Mallarctaia received a lot of foriegn investment and enjoyed a period of stability. The introduction of new technologies spawned the rise of the Mallarctaian megacities, vast sprawling places of skyscrapers and factories.

Eventually the corporations which came about as a result of this attracted international corporations seeking a place with cheap labour and not much regulation. Soon the already weak governments became puppets of the corporation, just a bigger gang amongst a lot of other gangs.

The stability dissolved as corporations took over the society as well as the land. The factories became central to the megacities and ate up every resource, both human and raw material. The smog from the factories blotted out most of the sun, so the cities are in perpetual twilight. Rain became acidic. The cities crumbled and urban decay set in and still the cities expanded, now with factories and industrial buildings.

The only way to survive in Mallarctaia is to work for the corporations, join one of the gangs, join the military or one of the private security firms which the corporations hired when law and order vanished. These security firms are in reality small private armies funded by the corporations, and they have free range from the Government to do anything they please. They frequently help the Government military stamp out protests, riots or demonstrations of any variety.

There are cannibals. Violent crime is normal. Sky scrapers reach into the air and are unlit, yet... inhabited. And the factories work on, 24/7, producing everything from weapons to cars to toys to be exported to richer nations.

And then a reporter from the New Sydney Times manages to penetrate the guarded borders of Mallarctaia and film this reality. And suddenly populations are asking their Governments hard questions...

------------

The RP will centre on the city of Portias Espesaia. The international community won't stop the corporations within their own countries for the fear of millions losing their jobs and the risk of a recession or a stock market crash. But they decide to stabilise Portias Espesaia and slowly bring about change, regulating the corporations there and hoping for a gradual change that will be more controllable, a sort of domino effect. So they decide to send in a multinational force to bring law and order to the megacity.

It's a mix of Mad Max, Judge Dredd and a post-apocalyptic scenario. But with more swearing and death. I've written the first two posts so we're ready to roll, however I do need you to take more control of events and actions on all sides... simply because I don't have time to post a lot.
Last edited by Mallarctaia on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Makiivka
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Makiivka » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:44 pm

So basicly every Nation that joins will be sending a small amount of forces, those forces from every nation will form the Multinational Task force?
Factbook

Wanna Rp?, Send Me A Telegram

Chimaea
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chimaea » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:56 pm

If you want to RP as the multinational forces, yes.

If you want to RP as a corporation controlling its own private army, then obviously it's different. And so on.

This will mainly be centred around the Assembly of Sovreign Nations regional forces, by the way, so it will be under ASN rules.

Mallarctaia is a Chimaean puppet, by the way. Probably figured that out, heh.
Last edited by Chimaea on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makiivka
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Makiivka » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Ah, Well i guess i'l give this thread a shot, Will have a post up soon! :)
Factbook

Wanna Rp?, Send Me A Telegram

Helladria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:45 am

How are we going to have the government of Mallarctaia permit foreign forces to occupy Portias Espesaia? I was thinking about having my government lean on the domestic companies that do business with them, but I don't know if their influence will be sufficient to allow a stabilization force, unless of course many countries do the same thing.

Mallarctaia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mallarctaia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:00 am

Remember, the Government is basically a puppet of the Corporations. The threat of prosecuting the Corporations domestically will see them in damage control, they'll want to be seen to be doing something positive. So they'll make the Government let in a stabilisation force, something they'll see as the lesser of two evils.

Western Averi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Averi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:27 am

Would you allow for a foreign government to send in say a battalion or less to try and restore law and order, and they probably fail after getting quashed by some corporation.

Not sure if you already answered, if so, apologies

Mallarctaia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mallarctaia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 am

How big is a battalion of your troops?

Western Averi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Averi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:51 am

Mallarctaia wrote:How big is a battalion of your troops?

500. Five companies of 100 man companies, then 2 Platoons of fifty men each per company and then.. yeah you get where I am going.

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 am

Then I shall let the leaning commence.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Okay, I suppose I should now begin.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 pm

May I join this rp?
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Chimaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chimaea » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:45 am

Yep :) I'm impressed by your previous RPs!

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 am

Chimaea wrote:Yep :) I'm impressed by your previous RPs!

Hey, thanks!
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:48 pm

This is getting more interesting by the day. Welcome to all!

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:05 pm

I mentioned an information gathering mission in one my IC posts and I am curious as to what information I would be privy to. Whenever you have the time, please let me know Chimaea.

Chimaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chimaea » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

I can't be bothered switching nations... y'all know Mallarctaia is my puppet :p

I assume from what you've written that it was a covert mission? Then any covert mission would have found the following--although it's pretty close to what the New Sydney Times reporter found:

• The pollution levels are almost total--there's chemical poisoning of the immediate atmosphere above Mallarctaia, the rain is acidic, the water (even from the underground water table) is undrinkable without purification, certain parts have high levels of radiation (especially around the arms manufacturing factories) and so forth.
  • One of the most powerful corporations is Alpha Chem Pharmaceuticals, a corporation based in Chimaea but with partnerships, holdings and shares in a lot of other corporations. It's the classic mega-corporation and their main production is (of course) legal drugs. They have other interests and are involved in a lot of other major businesses including arms manufacturing, automobile manufacturing, electronics... they have a paw in every pie.
  • Alpha Chem controls one of the most powerful private armies (security firms) in Mallarctaia. They're known for their brutality even in a brutal place like Mallarctaia and as with every security firm they have almost free run of the country. Protestors, dissidents and the like are routinely dissappeared and even openly executed; torture is common and their troops are given leave (as a bonus, on off-duty times and so on) to terrorise the population at will, although the workers in the factories are somewhat protected (so that the population will see the corporations as their only choice of survival).
  • There's a high criminality, with a lot of gangs and so on. The security firms and military cull the gangs if they get too out of hand, but at times the gangs are controlled or payed by the corporations anyway. They represent the black market, which in Mallarctaia exists openly side-by-side with the open market and is sometimes indistinguishable.
  • The Government, run by the President, is pretty much the most powerful gang. The Government controls the military and the almost non-existent police service. The Government is propped up and funded by the Corporations.
  • Cannibals. Pretty much as described.
  • There are many abandoned buikldings and sky scrapers and so forth. Imagine a modern city like New York or Sydney that's gone to decay. There are rumours that there's something else entirely existing in the upper floors of these sky scrapers... things half-seen in the shaddows and the rubble. There are certain buildings even the security firms won't go into but no-one has ever said anything officially.

How did your team member die? If you need my input, he/she may have:

- gone into the abandoned sky scrapers while evading a security firm
- been detained by security or military, then the corpse tossed out off the back of a truck and partly devoured by cannibals
- been tortured and killed by a gang

So many happy choices!
Last edited by Chimaea on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:36 pm

The In Character thread is awesome! Unfortunately I am behind on a lot of NS threads which have priority, and Knootoss still lacks a motive for getting involved, but I'll be monitoring this and jumping in when I can.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Chimaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chimaea » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks, I have to say I'm really impressed by the posts so far! And jump in when and if you want, Knoot.

Ali-Zebu, your last post was particularly horrific and hair-raising. Wonderful stuff :)

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:29 am

I think I finally have an idea of how I'm going to write my next post, complete with ASN Resolution #1. I'm a bit tired though, so I probably won't finish tonight.

Chimaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chimaea » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 am

No worries, take your time :)

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks!

Mallarctaia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mallarctaia » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:28 am

Barely alive today, so very short post to keep the action moving. Hoping to post in later on in the week.

During the welcoming ceremony and ball, we'll interchange scenes of the landings. Helladria, do you need my Navy to aid in transport and so on, or do you have a naval deployment? Too tied to check ;p

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:37 pm

They'll be just fine. Thanks for the offer.

Chimaea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Chimaea » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:01 am

Cool. I'll catch up on the posting tomorrow and over the weekend. :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents