NATION

PASSWORD

Coup in Jamalon

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chazicaria » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:48 am

Message to Morpokia
From Emperor Chaz of the Imperial Republic of Chazicaria

We are not attempting to start a war here, we simply want the criminal you are sheltering to be turned over to our ally. The people of Jamalon wanted their new government and were happy to accept it, so you have no right not to recognize Karoth as the new leader of that nation.

If you were in the same situation, would you not want this person turned over to you? Please, see this from the opposing perspective.

Morpokia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:55 am

Dukopolious wrote:The Chancelliour sat, he iched his chin and finally replied.
"I accept your majesty on the terms that we build mutral embassies and allow millitary presence in eachother's countries also don't worry about thier threats. I belive they made the wrong choice in leaders and we shall call in our advisors to find a way to replace Maul."

The Emperor smiled. Very commendeble terms sir. Barton Manor is free i believe.... (he rifles through his desk) ah yes it is, here is a freehold lease - this will be Dukopolious' new Embassy here in Divade to Morpokia and its vassal states. I also agree with the freedom of Military movement clause, may I suggest that we include a minimum of 24hours warning to the soveriegn government in times of peace prior to military movement? Please also accept any help of the Empire in your efforts in replacing Maul.'

With that the official seal was set to the alliance.

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:58 am

"I agree to all terms. And also I will provide two guards to help guard the rightful jamalon leader. And I would also request you restrain kiling Jamalon civilians. Under the previous rule we were strong allies. But this new leader is untollerable!" He stated. He stood up and paced as he considered options to replace maul.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Chazicaria wrote:Message to Morpokia

We are not attempting to start a war here, we simply want the criminal you are sheltering to be turned over to our ally. The people of Jamalon wanted their new government and were happy to accept it, so you have no right not to recognize Karoth as the new leader of that nation.

If you were in the same situation, would you not want this person turned over to you? Please, see this from the opposing perspective.

No - we fear for Blako's life as well as that of the remaining government officials. We have our honour to uphold. We too wish for no war and that is why we once again call for talks under a promise of full protection. If you have a problem with Divade as the seat for talks between the rightful governemnt and the junta then i am sure one of our vassal states would gladly host the talks instead.

As for stating that 'The people of Jamalon wanted their new government and were happy to accept it' we do not believe this - this has always been the lie spread by military junta's worldwide. If the people wish for regime change then i suggest that a vote is set up via the peace talks under observation by all of us.

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chazicaria » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm

OOC: I think that when Jamalon said "the people wanted it" he actually meant it.

Message to Morpokia

We will accept those terms, as long as you accept ours: No attempt to harm or in any way hinder Karoth and his ability to lead his nation.

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Dukopolious wrote:"I agree to all terms. And also I will provide two guards to help guard the rightful jamalon leader. And I would also request you restrain kiling Jamalon civilians. Under the previous rule we were strong allies. But this new leader is untollerable!" He stated. He stood up and paced as he considered options to replace maul.

Thank you - we accept your offer. The empire also has no wish to harm any innocent Jamalonians. Indeed the Empire wishes for Maul to depart peacfully and a transition period installed were both of us can be considered Allies of Jamalon!

Considering all options for Mauls removal though, the emperor picks up a small yellow phone. Ah yes - Ocato; send me the High Inquisitor....

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Chazicaria wrote:OOC: I think that when Jamalon said "the people wanted it" he actually meant it.

Message to Morpokia

We will accept those terms, as long as you accept ours: No attempt to harm or in any way hinder Karoth and his ability to lead his nation.

I accept this on one condition; that Maul accepts talks and that he accepts that Jamalon is ruled by an elected government. Morpokia will not recognise any military led governement in Jamalon.

OOC: Well the Emperor can be pig headed and not believe that can't he 8)

Dukopolious
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Dukopolious demands that no jamolion millitary presince is to be allowed in the dukopion embassy in Jamalon.

Jamalon
Attaché

Founded: May 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamalon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 pm

We are not ushering in a Military Dictatorship. This is more similar to the Emperors of the roman empire. Minus the monarchist part. The current ruler chooses an heir, that is usually another politician. If the people dislike the heir they vote for the heir to step down and the League decides the new heir.

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Jamalon wrote:We are not ushering in a Military Dictatorship. This is more similar to the Emperors of the roman empire. Minus the monarchist part. The current ruler chooses an heir, that is usually another politician. If the people dislike the heir they vote for the heir to step down and the League decides the new heir.

His Majesty's Imperial Governement would like to point out that we have not seen any vote recently in Jamalon. Obversly we have heard of a bloody coup that has claimed many lives. Chancellor Blako is still the rightful ruler of Jamalon as per Jamalonian law but the Empire can accept a change in the office of the Heir. We repeat our invite for the ex-minister to come to Divade to partake in talks.

Signed High Chancellor Ocato

Jamalon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamalon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Morpokia wrote:
Jamalon wrote:We are not ushering in a Military Dictatorship. This is more similar to the Emperors of the roman empire. Minus the monarchist part. The current ruler chooses an heir, that is usually another politician. If the people dislike the heir they vote for the heir to step down and the League decides the new heir.

His Majesty's Imperial Governement would like to point out that we have not seen any vote recently in Jamalon. Obversly we have heard of a bloody coup that has claimed many lives. Chancellor Blako is still the rightful ruler of Jamalon as per Jamalonian law but the Empire can accept a change in the office of the Heir. We repeat our invite for the ex-minister to come to Divade to partake in talks.

"Jamalonian Law"? I think we knwo our own laws better than you. Originally the coup started out with Robert Tambor taking over. Koth and Cuzzain didn't like that so they take over from him. Originally Koth was going to step down but the people asked him to stay. To form the empire they always wanted. Blako was semi popular. Everyone hated Tambor. Even Tambor's daughter hated Tambor. But Koth is seen as the savior of Jamalon (not religious mind you). They see you as getting in the way of this golden age planned by Koth.
Last edited by Jamalon on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Jamalon wrote:
Morpokia wrote:

"Jamalonian Law"? I think we knwo our own laws better than you. Originally the coup started out with Robert Tambor taking over. Koth and Cuzzain didn't like that so they take over from him. Originally Koth was going to step down but the people asked him to stay. To form the empire they always wanted. Blako was semi popular. Everyone hated Tambor. Even Tambor's daughter hated Tambor. But Koth is seen as the savior of Jamalon (not religious mind you). They see you as getting in the way of this golden age planned by Koth.

OOC: I'm sorry but I was roleplaying according to the information you gave me - i.e the heir can be replaced not the ruler. Also you should be trying to convince the Empire to hand him over somehow or possibly trying to get rid of him yourself covertly *hint hint. Remember this is roleplay not you writing a story on your own.

Tanillia
Civilian

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanillia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

OOC: I understand. But the system I was talking about. It is the system Koth is introducing. Not the old system. The old system was corrupt and bureaucratic.

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Tanillia wrote:OOC: I understand. But the system I was talking about. It is the system Koth is introducing. Not the old system. The old system was corrupt and bureaucratic.

OOC: Gotcha (your in your puppet btw :P)

Let's leave it as the Empire maintains that Blako (the original Chancellor) is still the rightful ruler, but is not so rigid as you may think. It has also just entered an alliance to strengthen it's position, but not in the way of annihalating you. Now lets get back IC !! :lol:

Jamalon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamalon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Agreed.
"Diktat?" said one of Maul Koth's advisors
"No. Sounds too...odd." said Koth
"How about. Prince-admiral?" said another advisors
"No. I am not a monarch or a military ruler." said Koth
"Okay. I got one. Legate." said an advisor
"Hmm. I like it. Much stronger than silly "chancellor"" said Koth "Now what are we going to do about your little friend Mr.Tambor?"
He said to a man bound in irons.
The man spoke "He is not my friend! He is a monkey I was forced to work for."
A man smoking a cigerrette chuckled, it was Jacob Cuzzain. The man who put Koth on the throne.
"Hes got that right. That guy was a moron. And now he is hiding in Morpokia! The coward!" he said.
"Now lets turn to a stage of 'Agressive negotiations'." He smiled as he finished the sentence.

Special Operations HQ
"We just got a phone call. Freguency 66." said a man in a black uniform
"Your kidding?" said another
"Nope" the man in the uniform replied. "We are going to repossess Blako."

Ingini
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ingini » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:35 pm

To: Brutus Blako/ Jamalonian Government in Exile

We are appalled by this rise of what sounds like a dictatorial government headed by Maul Koth. We do not know the strength of your loyalist forces but will seek to aid your government if it comes to war (which it certainly appears will be so). We hope you can Telegraph (TG) us with further information on your lands and also seek to intervene in your favor if war is inevitable.

Please reply with due urgency

Roman Antipenkov
"My precious childhood is being raped right in front of my eyes, and by Eskimos, no less, with their cold, feely hands! Look at all these toys! They're all covered in protective, kid-friendly safety foam! You could throw a kid down the stairs and he'll be fine! Why do you need...why do you need safety foam? And worse yet, they're all set to brainwash kids into believing things like friendship, sharing, and leading a healthy lifestyle! "Oh, hey! It's Henry, the health-time carrot burger, and he's come over to give you half his juice box 'cause he's just nice like that!"

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 pm

OOC: Jamalon - do you want to play Blako or shall I?

IC: In Divade his exellency the High Inquisitor walks into the Imperial Antechamber. 'Your Most Holy Majesty - did you summon me'
HMII: Aghh - Telendrian do you always have to sneak up on me?
HI: I'm sorry most Holy one.
HMII: Never mind, I have recently been contacted by the forces lead by Maul in Jamalon and have reason to believe that we now may be at risk. I want you to put Chancellor Blako under your personal protection. Also I want the Inquisition to activate the file on Jamalon. I presume we do have operatives there?
HI: Yes Holy one - The inquisition has it's eyes and ears everywhere. On that note here is the dossier on Jamalon.
HMII: !! Are you spying on me Telendrian?
HI: Of course not Holy one, we are just well informed.
HMII: Hmm very good. I see he is calling himself legate now, hmmff - why create a fancy new name when an old one will do? He'll be calling himself the Great Poohbah in a few years if we don't nip this in the bud. Please keep our ally as fully informed as us, but do it through our ambassador.

The screenphone beeps.

HMII: Ah Marshall Rech, what is yur report.
MR: Army is fully mobilised Sir and the navy is well on its way too.
HMII: Good, now we sit and wait. We can but hope for peace....

Dukopolious
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:17 pm

As the ambassdor informed the grand chancelliour he was quite surprised.

Add aditional security to Blako and secure our anti naval and air defences. We don't need a war. Set defcon to 4.

Morpokia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Morpokia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Ah Brutus - The Emperor said happily waving a telegram handed to him moments ago by the high chancellor. It seems that ex-minister Koth has decided to stand down and let the people decide the fate of the country.

BB: That's very good news your Majesty
HMII: Indeed - well Brutus it seems that you've been invited to go back home and to be allowed to stand for elections. I think that this is the best offer we are going to get from Jamalon and I think it's well worth taking
BB: But Sir! I am rightfully Chancellor I will not stand...
HMII: Really Brutus I don't think you're in a position to demand anything. I've takin the liberty of drawing up a statment from you which states that you recognise that Jamalon has no legal government and is in a state of transition. Following that we will send you back to Jamalon. Of course I will provide you with security as long as you require it, my servant Telendrian here will take personal interest in your safety.
BB: Very well, but how can we make sure the election is free and fair?
HMII: I am sure the current transitional administration will not refuse a WA delegation headed by a few neutral nations going over the elections. Now I'm sure you have to be going. Oh and one more thing, the Empire will recognise any legally elected government, even if it's Koth, understood?

Yes your majesty said Blako as he bowed out of the room.

Mullling over the turn of events, the Emperor informs the High Chancellor to inform his ally the Chancelliour of Dukopolious of the turn of events and to tell the army and navy to stand down. As Ocato left the Emperor turns to Telendrian. 'High Inquisitor make sure the Inquisition is still on full alert in Jamalon, if things go awol i will not be made a fool of. and make sure Blako survives!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents