NATION

PASSWORD

The Silence of Enlightenment (OOC; Epic; FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 am

As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Ruthless Slaughter
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruthless Slaughter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Typin' up my reply. I'm gonna send my operative to investigate the xenohumanity scout ship due to a nearby sensor probe (we left them all over the Gamma Quadrant back in the day). The Pathogen is free to eat it if it wants. It'll build a sense of urgency for my character(s). Post ought to be up in an hour or so.
Junkyland wrote:
Ruthless Slaughter wrote:Well, all you post-2005 nations are new guys to me

I bet I would win in a war against you!
~two minutes later~
*looks out over war-torn city*
Damn'it.

Mohawk Clans
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mohawk Clans » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Typing up post now, however I'm still trying to decide what ships the colonies are going to have available.

Cherry Cup Resurrection Runner-Up
WCOH 16 Runner-Up
Participated in:
WCOH 12,14,16,17, Cherry Cup Resurrection
Ranked 45th for WCOH

Karaig
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Karaig » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:03 am

Hello Rethan,

Any chance that this epic is still open? I would love to join this growing war/bloodbath/lethal swarm.
Fear can motivate a man to do many things, but respect can dictate his every action.
A captain deals in tactics. A colonel deals in strategy. A general deals in logistics.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:06 am

Karaig wrote:Hello Rethan,

Any chance that this epic is still open? I would love to join this growing war/bloodbath/lethal swarm.

It is indeed. Amon has 4 child fleets and his own to be fought, and Mammon will be going active afterwards.

Karaig
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Karaig » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:07 am

Rethan wrote:
Karaig wrote:Hello Rethan,

It is indeed. Amon has 4 child fleets and his own to be fought, and Mammon will be going active afterwards.

Alright.

What kind of booze shall I bring to the party?

Warships or commandoes? :p

So do you need an app or rp link?

Here's the War over Arceasis, http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90259

a thread you were in.

And a character rp: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107768
Last edited by Karaig on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear can motivate a man to do many things, but respect can dictate his every action.
A captain deals in tactics. A colonel deals in strategy. A general deals in logistics.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Tue May 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Whichever you so wish. War fleets would do best against Amon, he's not known for subtlety so if a bunch of commandoes tried anything he'd probably nuke the system they're in.

Commandoes would do good in the character arc of things which is still going on.

Steel Confessors
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Confessors » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:54 am

Alright, this seems like riproaring good fun and is something the Confessors could easily get into.

The whole galaxy spanning pathogen that has the ability to wipe out entire systems and potentially threatens the entire galaxy is something they would really like to get rid of.

As such, they'll deploy some forces to the outer edge to begin combat. It'll consist initially of the I Legio Angeli Ferrum and they'll pretty much just outright engage them in full on orbital combat. There is no such thing as subtlety so, they'll find themselves engaging the Rethast fleets on all corners as the can while deploying so while deploying troops to the ground.

While they are at it too, they'll most likely start claiming nearby human systems to 'protect and secure' them. This will really consist of them conscripting individuals into the Acolyte ranks while snatching some kids to begin Chimeric training.
Factbook in progress

Military lSociety l History l Steel Confessor Tenet Booklet

"Steel, is by its very nature is the most secure and protective material that mankind has produced. It can be bent into shapes, made into wire, forged into plate and weapons. It is versatile as flesh but stronger. It is humanity's next evolution and thus a facet of the divine" -Steel Confessor Tenet I

An avowed believer in Mankind's own divinity. This does not mean I believe in a god. Just us.

Fuck it, might as well do one of these. I am a pansexual male, Egalitarian, Progressive Fascist, Humanist, and a Major in the United States Army.

Fearing the Future only leaves us with stone tools.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:53 pm

I see.

Anyways....unfortunately a large part of the possible fleet action stuff is done with. Amon is dead and so is most of his fleet and he was the antagonistic warmongerer. However, in the next bit while it'll be mostly character driven there will be places where the group of plucky heroes will need support by means of stopping enemy fleets dropping bombs on their heads, and holding off large numbers of hired guns. The Rethast fleets themselves are off hiding somewhere.

Steel Confessors
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Confessors » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Well, could do that too, play a Lapith or a Nemean. As long as you don't mind a metallic bot with a human brain running about (Psychotic one in the latter)?
Factbook in progress

"Steel, is by its very nature is the most secure and protective material that mankind has produced. It can be bent into shapes, made into wire, forged into plate and weapons. It is versatile as flesh but stronger. It is humanity's next evolution and thus a facet of the divine" -Steel Confessor Tenet I

An avowed believer in Mankind's own divinity. This does not mean I believe in a god. Just us.

Fuck it, might as well do one of these. I am a pansexual male, Egalitarian, Progressive Fascist, Humanist, and a Major in the United States Army.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm

LADIES, GENTLEMEN AND ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS

It is with great relief I can announce that the last chapter and roleplay of this arc is about to begin. Before I give some information on it, let me give a quick summary and update on the situation as it currently stands.

Dramatis Personae
  • Dr. Ezekiel Grath - A human professor in xenobiology from an unidentified origin. He was taken to Consort Station by a group of freelancers, and has not returned to his pre-spaceflight home since. The Rethast are a point of interest for the good doctor, and he could be the galaxy's closest thing to an expert.
  • Valtiel - Pre-Pathogenic Rethast from the Militocracy era. Almost entirely cybernetic at this point, having lived well past his natural life's intended end. Has given himself the task of watching over Leviathan and travels with a band of unscrupulous folks.
  • Leviathan - One of the Rethast Nephilim godships. Leviathan is a constructed sentience, built by the forced merging of several hundred thousand Rethast intelligences. Leviathan's true body contains her Flesh-Self and her Vessel-Self, merged into a single biomechanical living ship. For the purposes of this thread, Leviathan inhabits an artificial techno-organic body which gives her the appearance of a 25yo human female, selected specifically for the purposes of avoiding suspicion when she explores the galactic community free from the Collect.
  • Dragomyr - The only truly individual Rethast of the Pathogenic era, Dragomyr is somewhat of an enigma even to Leviathan and others within the Collect. While outwardly appearing as a sapient individual with humanesque mannerisms, Dragomyr is also a node for the group consciousness of the Collect and at times his own individual personality can collapse. His original body resides on the Nephilim Lucifer, and he explores the galaxy using Avatars.
  • Assorted Mercenaries.

Chapter One - The Slaves
The Maekari are almost entirely wiped out, the Skrit eliminated and consumed. The Saethian Technocracy vanishes from the face of the galaxy, absorbed by the Rethast. Almost immediately, changes in Rethast biology lead to Newborns growing in cybernetics, lessening their reliance on Downcast in the early stages of outbreaks. Rethast shield and energy weapon technology increases in power, and a new ship class (the Malefactor autowar) showcases Saethian aesthetics.

This chapter results in a neutral outcome (though more powerful weapons is probably bad news for everyone else).

Chapter Two, Part 1 - The Outbreaks
A total of 3 major Outbreaks were investigate by Grath, each with a different outcome. Grath is currently free after having escaped the collapse of Consort Station, and Leviathan, Valtiel and the mercenaries have (with the help of the Huerdaen) captured a Rethast Newborn and samples of one of the oldest surviving strains of the Pathogen.

Across this chapter, the results can be considered to lean moderately towards Enlightenment.

Chapter Two, Part 2 - The Pathogen Awakens
After several years lying in hibernation in an unknown location of the Gamma Quadrant, the Rethast fleets begin moving again. After the destruction of half a century of star systems and 5 entire species, the war fleet of Amon is stopped. Curiously, despite Amon's destructive campaign his fleet was not even one tenth the size it should have been given the total amount of mass-energy consumed by his ships. Even with Amon's rushed offensive and inefficiencies, uncountably vast amounts of mass-energy have seemingly disappeared.

The Rethast have also called together a meeting of former allies and the denizens of the Gamma Quadrant. The Nephilim Mammon is spotted travelling the galaxy with a fleet of trophy ships captured from enemy fleets.

Across this Chapter, the results can be considered to lean slightly towards Silence.

The State of the Rethast
The story has two ending 'categories', the finer details of which are decided from RP to RP. Silence will result in further collapse of the Rethast species from their current state, while Enlightenment will see them recover some semblance of their goals and ideals, possibly save themselves (although this is not necessarily a good thing for everyone else).

While I don't have any strict numbers or charts, I use gut instinct to gauge how effectively each RP has done, the storyline is currently leaning ever so slightly towards Enlightenment. So yaaay, good guys are winning. I guess.

Not sure if anyone qualifies as good in this debacle.

With that all done, let me detail Chapter Three and what you can do to get involved.

First, I want to make absolutely sure everyone can see this through to the end. The previous threads haven't had a great track record for completions, because understandably people get busy IRL and have to drop out. If you want to get involved in Chapter 3, I need your word that you will do your very best to keep up and stay involved right until the end. If you can't, then depending on the current happenings in the thread, your characters will probably be killed off by yours truly as thread master rather than having the usual "and person A was never heard from again and nobody ever mentioned them for the rest of eternity. THE END." scenario. If you don't want your people dying, find a way out or don't commit.

Further to the previous sentence, EVERYONE IS EXPENDABLE. I'm not going to indulge people with unkillable characters, because this is not a walk in the park and immortal characters may well ruin the atmosphere and immersion. Unless it's something like a mind upload in event of death, that's ok. But the actual flesh and blood being interacting in the thread can, and may very well, die. So play your parts carefully and maybe bring along one or two red shirts to act as meat shields.

Now for the good stuff: I need characters. Leviathan, Valtiel, the mercs and Grath are venturing to a world to meet with someone who says they can help with their quest. Studying the old strain and the Newborn, Levi has noticed a distinct difference in the Mutagen which indicates that it's rapidly mutating. Faster than the Collect has accounted for or noticed, which may explain why her not-Avatar self is feeling a severe disconnect from the Rethast and a kind of sickness spreading through their collective mind.

This benefactor has not only called Levi and Val. He'll have hired a few other guys to help, or won people to the cause. The group will meet the benefactor and embark on one final roleplay to potentially save the Rethast species, all the while pursued by other mercenaries, bounty hunters and more eldritch enemies across the stars.

Ideally, I'd like 3-4 players to go as part of the group. It's not intended to be a big group, but you can bring up to 3 characters if you so wish.

There will also be the pursuers, lead by Kal'Ta - a former Huerdaen now infected with the newest Strain of the Pathogen and directed to stop her former comrades at all costs. 2-3 roleplayers are welcome to join the 'bad guys', but it's not necessary. The pursuers have much more in terms of resources, so you can bring larger groups. Not full sized armies, but maybe a company worth of infantry and a cruiser or two should be fine.

You want in? Excellent. Please post with the following:

Code: Select all
[b]Alignment (Leviathan/Kal'Ta):[/b]
[b]Characters (provide a small bio of all info you think necessary for each):[/b]
[b]Available forces (for those with Kal'Ta):[/b]
[b]Roleplay samples (3):[/b]

Sorry if this all seems demanding, but this the grand finale and I will be most displeased if it is not seen through to the end. Have at, and I hope I can provide an enjoyable experience for anyone who does get involved.

Steel Confessors
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Confessors » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Alignment (Leviathan/Kal'Ta): Leviathan

Characters (provide a small bio of all info you think necessary for each): The Lapith Talud is a curious sort. He was one of the beginning creations of the new Gargarean line of the Steel Confessors and as such is an old and aged member of the Brotherhood. However, he is disconnected from it, having overridden or removed the mental implants that usually keep units in line along with their indoctrination. The majority of Confessors now see him as a traitor, especially one concerning race, as he no longer keeps to the goals or structure of the Brotherhood and he himself is confused of his own identity and purpose.

Talud's odd tale began when he was born to a human colony world on the western fringe. The colony, Agra, was small in relative terms as the planet only had a population of about fifty thousand and the settlement he lived in barely topped over six thousand. Their home was remote and separate from the other larger human empires and even the all inclusive ones never ventured near. As such Agra experienced autonomy and independence that often times wasn't seen. That independence however came at a cost. Raids from hostile raiders and pirates were almost daily and to go through a day without one was strange.

The turmoil of his life eventually claimed his mother and father and left the then child orphaned and on the streets of his village. He survived as a beggar, always walking the razor's edge. Roughly a year later was when the shining silver knights of the Confessors arrived to the world, brought on a crusade. Generally crusades found themselves in more populated and tightly occupied systems and worlds but their trail eventually lead them to Agra and thus to the human populace. Finding even a remote amount would drive a Legio to establish infrastructure and protection of it.

The newfound protection and safety came at a cost as most things do. To repay for the soldiers lost in the defense of the colony (Even though the pirate threat had been crushed when the Legio came into system. The most likely cause of the recruitment was to fund the war machine of the Confessors even on the other side of the galaxy) the first born and the unclaimed orphans were to be given to the Confessors to serve as soldiers and initiates.

Talud was of course brought to the Confessors and served in the academy for five years. During that time he made several friends and felt complete and whole in the new situation. He had an adopted family that cared and worked with him regardless of what he was or where he was from. In fact, several of them were other children from Agra that just never recognized his existence. The teen was fond of pulling pranks across the academy to the chagrin of the Centurions and often times easily evaded capture. The only problem he found with his new home was the fierce indoctrination practices and suppression of independence rampant in the education system. Agran independence would eventually win out.

The talents of the boy gained recognition of the Legio's Myrmidon and Talud was commissioned to be included in the construction and test trials of a new covert model of Confessor. His skills in evading capture and unmodified nature would easily make him useful and cost effective for the procedure. Several months later, the boy's brain was now floating within an armored jar of a robotic body.

As he was one of the initial trials in the Legio he was dispatched on several missions to assess the combat effectiveness of the unit. Again and again he showed he had a penchant for covert insertion and was effective as a independent combat model. However, his independence and hesitance to follow orders gradually began to become more and more pronounced. The exact cause is unknown to the Brotherhood but is suggested that faulty loyalty implants enabled Talud to ultimately flee from the Confessors.

Now cut off from the only family he had known, Talud found himself on various seedy worlds to eventually come into the employ of corporate espionage groups and information brokers. He was a cutthroat mercenary and the skills the Confessors taught and honed in him came to plentiful use. He even earned a reputation as a well-trusted and capable source if you needed particular information or needed files from an enemy.

Over coded and encrypted channels Talud eventually got into contact with the benefactor and the tale of striving independence and function for the Rethast won him to the employ and service of him. Currently he's en route to Levi and co. using a Cutter of his.

Available forces (for those with Kal'Ta): n/a

Roleplay samples (3): Absolution
Rogue AI
A Race Returns
Factbook in progress

Zepplin Manufacturers
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zepplin Manufacturers » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Alignment (Leviathan)
The crew of the Minding other Peoples Manners and the SI "Minder" are fanatically loyal to the Incorporated State and its goals. They are quite aware of the activities of Leviathan but will not truly intercede unless there are few other options. A single agent, Felix Drant is being dispatched to directly meet with the group.

Characters
James "Binnie" Trent , 130 years old, male.
Captain of the detached INT-SEC Upwards Trend class light stealth cruiser "Minding other peoples manners"
Origin: Perdition City, Luytens system
James Trent served 42 years in the ZMSF rising as his last post as commodore of a full squadron of Fallbright recon cruisers in the deep patrol. His present rank of INT-SEC captain has similar seniority, a dry wit he rarely leaves the Mop's CIC.

Major Felix Drant INT-SEC strike team leader on the MOPM
43 , Male
Felix Drant is a career INT-SEC agent who switched service from the ZMSFs Parashocks 15 years ago after the bungled hot drop on Moffets Holding. Haunted by the death of his daughter during the invasion of Gastins star Drant is now a fanatic and utterly loyal to the Incorporated State. Rendered gaunt by grief and with little remaining mercy he is presently being monitored for signs of mental instability by Minder. Drant is well aware of this and deeply resents it. Brief snatches of the quite brilliant agent that Drant once was still remain.

Though far more likely to be found wielding a palm stunner or a sap than a shoulder fired nuclear block buster in the last decade Drants team aboard the MOPM have access to a full armory including INT-SECs specialist and signature neural shredder weapons.

"Minder" SI of the Minding other peoples manners
Minder as is the vessel just 4 years old, presently male in avatar and a full citizen of the Incorporated State and Major in his own right in the INT-SEC hierarchy. Minder is while not "hyperbright" still considerably more capable than most light cruiser SI's and spares no time reminding lesser ship minds in the standard fleet of this fact. Measured somewhat ego driven for an SI Minder is none the less utterly bound by his role. Minder detests the fact that his top of the line hull is nearly universally referred to as the Mop.

All presented characters are presently aboard the http://doc-evilonavich.deviantart.com/art/Upward-Trend-349816204 .
Last edited by Zepplin Manufacturers on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?!
About Me

The Leliel Continuum
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Leliel Continuum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Alignment: (Leviathan)
Although Eternal Night has not yet reached an actually policy decision on the Rethast matter, Leliel has decided to act on her own, Perhaps somewhat impulsively.

Characters):
Leliel Node Alet-1: A Sentience node of the full Leliel System/Entity. Alet-1 has been involved since the first Outbreaks. S(he) has become a supporter of Leviathan and her cause because she feels it is right. This is not necessarily in alignment with the desires of her parents/creators, and certainly opposed to Nathrael and El'Niath-'L'Eral's position on the Rethast.

Leliel as a whole is trying to find her place in the myriad dimensional alignments. S(he) is slowly developing a sense of morals (of a sort) and this has led her to support Leviathan in her efforts.

Although just a single node, Alet-1 has the abilities of the Leliel system at her disposal (limited of course by the amount of fractal units she has avaialable). She is roughly the equivalent of an EN destroyer to light cruiser in total power output. This is somewhat rough of course. While technically she could grow like Minagoroshi could, the safety protocols would likely prevent this unless something **really** odd happened, which I seriously doubt it could.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

As discussed on the IRC ZMI and Leliel, you're both more than welcome. ^ _ ^

Steel Confessors: Me likey the character, and your roleplay samples are definitely up to scratch. Welcome aboard.

Current List stands at:
Pro-Leviathan: Lapith Talud, Minding Other People's Manners, Leliel Node Alet-1
Pro-Kal'Ta: Forever alone.
Last edited by Rethan on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreadful Sagittarius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreadful Sagittarius » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Alignment (Leviathan/Kal'Ta): Kal'Ta

Characters (provide a small bio of all info you think necessary for each):
Yannatos is the leader of the group, and an almost completely prosthetic Pro. Born in the city of Sicyon, he was raised on the backstreets running errands for untrustworthy merchants and acting as scout for those in the street gangs who retained him for his keen sense of how to find a rival gang's most vulnerable brothels, which road a hated ganger might take after meeting his friends and how to get the lowdown on new distributors. It took six years before his luck ran out, ending with the young Yannatos getting a beating that put him into a municipal hospital and eventually set him onto the path where he could make legitimate use of his talents in the Stratia. Within five years he was a respected member of an Ekdromoi battalion, before being severely injured in an accident involving a faulty airlock and an against regulations congress. Unbeknown to the rest of his unit, the crippled marine was used as a testbed for new military-grade prosthetics. The resulting success and the high compatibility between his remaining organic and prosthetic parts saw him eventually converted into what is, to all intents and purposes, a fully prosthetic body. The rejuvenated Yannatos saw service in a Pro-based Asthetairoi unit, before eventually disappearing during a surveillance operation. For the past ten years, he's operated a small team of mercenaries named the Lucky Hand.

Hypatia is the sniper of the unit. Despite her name, derived from her habit of whispering the mathematics of each shot she makes with her personalised Artemis rifle, she's of Xhanese ancestry. Standing at five foot four, she's also the shortest of the unit, and compensates by using a special gyroscopically-stabilised unipod for her rifle capable of extending five feet in length, allowing her to make standing shots far more accurate than they reasonably should be. Like Yannatos, Hypatia is partially Pro with a prosthetic arm that allows her to tie the firing of her rifle to the emptying of her lungs. Is inordinately talkative and cheerful as well, making her the glue which cements the rest of the Hand around the leader she's devoted herself to lovingly.

Available forces (for those with Kal'Ta): Six mercenaries. Four will carry Kefef assault rifles, Yannatos will carry a Hephaestus heavy pistol as well as a Ixion pistol and Hypatia will carry an Artemis sniper rifle. (Descriptions of all weapons are found in my factbook) All of them, with the exception of Yannatos, will carry standard rounds. Hypatia will also carry AP and HE rounds, while Yannatos carries AP/HE, Incendiary and Fragmentation rounds for his pistol.

Roleplay samples (3):
Last edited by Dreadful Sagittarius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memoriam of David 'CanisD' Briedis, October 20, 1970 - August 27, 2015
For He Loved The Stars Too Fondly, To Fear The Night
Factbook of the Phanes RepublicFuture-Tech Advice & Assistance Thread
Future-Tech Market Index ThreadThe CompendiumState of the Galaxy
Only a fool taunts the Archer

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 pm

As discussed on the IRC, accepted.

I'll be posting the Op for anybody roleplaying on the Leviathan side, as the Benefactor meets with the people he's contacted prior to Levi and her crew actually arriving.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Sha-Bump.

Kal'Ta is now bereft of allies, since DS had to drop out. So anybody wanna play the bad guy?

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am

I saw your fancy recruitment message, and if the pay be good I'd be willin' to partake.

In one week.

Thus my application will be forthcoming within seven days. No less, maybe more.

Newbish Delight
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Newbish Delight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:49 am

The crew of the FLi Lyk A bRiKk BuT FaAaSTA are acting generally in support of Leviathan due to Farclaw’s own desire to have a good look at the universe rather than from any formal policy decision from The Castle.

Viscount Farclaw Goldeye:
Farclaw is a BladeGoblin of Shinywurld. As the fourth son of the reigning Duke Longand Goldeye the prospect of his inheriting the planet is slim, although his father’s political influence in the Chamber of Swords means that he is likely to be granted a world upon achievement of his own name. Even amongst BladeGoblins he is considered well educated and represents the wealthiest family outside the GreatGoblin ranks, but is still fairly young at ninety years of age. Following a number of “indiscretions” his father has sent him out into the big wide universe to get a name for himself…and to get him away from the daughters of the other planetary duchies.

He has seen military service in the Spayz Nayvee, serving alongside the Cunnin’un Commodore Admireral Clap in support of the Farseeker Fleets against enemies who apparently took offense to Goblins moving into the next system along. In ground action he excelled at the use of stealth, possessing an instinctive appreciation of ground and sufficient control of the Green Powa to trick enemy sensor systems.

He has a selection of firearms at his disposal should he require them but like most of his subspecies he prefers the use of a Vorpal Blade to firearms and is sufficiently fast to get close enough to use it; generally at the expense of lesser goblins.

Gluvv, of Family Woodworm:
Gluvv stands at a highly impressive twenty-three inches tall and is Farclaw’s personal attendant. He is a Lil’un Goblin primarily interested in shiny things, alcohol, and his master’s will. He saw action alongside Farclaw in defence of the Farseeker Colonies and survived several thousand other lesser goblins did not – the images of him clinging onto his master’s armour with one hand whilst firing a pistol with the other bolstered Lil’un recruitment to Colonee Grownd Forze significantly.

His principal concern is getting out of all this alive, earning a name and getting together enough fame to persuade some gullible female back on Shinywurld to marry him. Despite this he has demonstrated an impressive amount of courage so far in his associations with the BladeGoblin.

Da Fazt Brikks:
The remainder of the crew are your usual assortment of goblin minions. They range from Da Kaptin Wen Da Boss Int Arund (a Cunnin’un), through Da Navigaytory-Direkshuny-Fing (SpayzGoblin), and through all the usual other mess. We probably do not need to go into great detail about them because we are on an exciting adventure into the unknown and they are unnamed cast members overflowing with incipient mortality.

A Brikk
The ship itself is actually surprisingly good. It was originally captured from a high-tech enemy that the Combine managed to overwhelm by sheer numbers. It has since been “improved” with more engines, bigger guns and red paint job. If you could fit spinning rims to a spaceship it would have them.

Roleplay samples (3):
Anything from this nation or Onarr….most of the good stuff from the Goblins was on the old forums.
Newbish Delight.
Kinda like Turkish Delight, only Newbish.
Well, actually not really like Turkish Delight at all...
But anyway, Im Delightfully Newbish. There. Happy now?

The Combined Goblin Collective, running away screaming since 2004

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:40 am

Onarr/Goblins, welcome aboard. The thread has begun, so feel free to post. :D

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Jacob Haldan- 'The Captain'

An old school warrior for the Agency, Jacob has been through everything imaginable as Special Forces, and come out the other side with a strong conviction in the righteousness of Order and the path taken by the Union in its foreign policy. He has been picked for his experience, his ability to control and lead squads to successful completion of objectives and evacuations, and his absolute dedication to his orders and to Order itself. When the chips come down, and everything goes to hell, Jacob holds onto his firm principles and orders. No matter what comes, hell or high water, he will choose the Union again and again, and god help whatever or whoever gets in the way of his mission.

Sarah Kernis- 'The Newbie'

Young Sarah Kernis is a newbie to the Black Ops in that she has been through the years of hell that Jacob has nor has she become consumed by her passions as has Daniel. She comes from a world that was almost destroyed in a conflict that pushed her race to the brink of destruction. As such, she is very sensitive to such matters and thus she was picked to be the 'face' for the Rethast, a sympathizer who can be controlled by Jacob and will convince Leviathan and her keepers of the Union's 'sincerity.' She has been through a lot, however, and is a soldier through and through, but she has a growing problem of discontent with the Union's policies and views towards problems, not agreeing with the idea of just running them under the auspice of GLORIOUS PROGRESS. This is a problem that may come to a head in the coming battles.

Daniel Martin- 'The Madman'

Scientist Daniel Martin is in the Agency for a reason, and that reason is not his considerable scientific genius. He was always passionate, pursuing his work with such energy and passion, but such energies can be dangerous and restraint is a needed factor to maintain one's sanity. The horrors of the biological weapons field that he specialized in, combined with an obsessive attachment to his work turned Daniel into the definition of a mad scientist. Ignorant of common needs and morals, he sets his sights on the goal and heads towards it, damning the consequences and precedents. He is here to study and manipulate in the name of science, any who try to bring up the need for time or ethical considerations are obstacles that are to be removed.

He has considerably modified his body and serves as the frontline of cybernetic and genetic technology, upgrading himself to do research and experiments in the field and see how some of his inventions work on the human form. Daniel was brought in as part of the government's think tank on the Rethast and he has a special interest in seeing what makes the Rethast tick and what he can learn from them, as he is on a breakthrough in biological weaponry and is convinced that they are the key.

Available forces (for those with Kal'Ta): N/A

Roleplay samples (3): Excused.

Cypra Mundii
Envoy

Founded: Apr 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cypra Mundii » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Creative Tagging moment...
Last edited by Cypra Mundii on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42568&p=1751821#p1751821
Favorite Quotes:

Phenia: Real men don't use lube when raping physics.

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:Yes, yes it is as far as I am aware, as he is unaware ICly that the Remnant = the Rethast. : D

Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Telros is accepted, as discussed on the IRC. You can begin posting in Road To hell when you can.

Cypra Mundii
Envoy

Founded: Apr 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cypra Mundii » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Alignment: Leviathan

Character: Dr. Glinit Desapot

42 year old human male. Formerly the Head Surgeon of the Frigate vessel “CAV 2.” On literally his first tour, the recon squadron he was with randomly stumbled onto a MT world that was going through what may be considered a living hell. The oceans were not blue, but a purple tint. The main civilization was crumbling to a disease they had no way of defeating. Not to mention, the ominous black cloud. He knew it was the fabled Pathogen, but he had never seen it with his own eyes before. The squadron knew it could do nothing to help, so simply stayed in orbit to observe.

Dr. Desapot was radically changed from this experience. After returning from his mission, he immediately resigned his position. He desperately wanted to focus his attention on researching the Pathogen. His studies spanned him most of the galaxy, where he met who you know as the “Benefactor.” It was agreed to meet at Mont'ynea with the others also contacted. He wants to be the hero. He knows that if a member of the Ad Mech can "save the galaxy," it would restore honor to his people and possibly help them to find a home.

An important note on personal beliefs:
In terms or where he stands on the current state of affairs in his domestic system, he was born into the Adeptus Mechanicus, so naturally favors them over the puppet government from Cypra Probatii. However, he is acting independently at the moment, as the Ad Mech do not have the resources to spare in his quest. They are perfectly aware however, of what the new Rethast strain would mean for the Galaxy at large.

OOC: Cypra Probatii is a "puppet" of mine. I will have the details of my domestic affairs on my factbook, but it will take time. Basically, after the Ad Mech resigned from the Minister of Defense post within the Joint Systems Alliance, a fleet of ships of unknown origin attacked Cypra Mundii (the home system). It has been since assumed (but never proven) they were from someone within the JSA, fearing that vital military secrets may get into the wrong hands. The Ad Mech fleet, caught completely by surprise and outgunned, ordered a fighting retreat from the engagement once the primary citizens and government officials were transported to safety. With the world in the hands of the invader, a puppet state was formed originating from the old foe of the Ad Mech, Adeptus Tranquilitus, who were from the primary moon, Cypra Probatii. The Ad Tran have kept their heads down in galactic affairs, hence why everyone forgot about Cypra Mundii. The Ad Mech, though retaining much of the original warfleet, were primarily reduced to a nomadic state and are considered traitors to much of the galaxy.

Have all that? If you have any questions, shoot me a TG and I will be happy to answer them.
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42568&p=1751821#p1751821
Favorite Quotes:

Phenia: Real men don't use lube when raping physics.

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:Yes, yes it is as far as I am aware, as he is unaware ICly that the Remnant = the Rethast. : D

Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents