NATION

PASSWORD

Twas only a matter of time I suppose (P/MT Semi-Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Gratislavia
Minister

Founded: May 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Twas only a matter of time I suppose (P/MT Semi-Open)

Postby Gratislavia » Mon May 16, 2011 6:57 pm

"Ideas that enter the mind under fire remain there securely and for ever."
Leon Trotsky

The Beginning:
The cold barren mountains of Northern Gratislavia, for the first time in over a millennium; buzzed with unending activity. A long trail of horses, mules, and above all men streamed up and down the never ending slopes in complete disarray, and yet as one. Even as massive amounts of snow blanketed the range the undying spirit of the men seemed unaffected, which was surprising considering that many were dressed in little more than rags or barefoot. Twas a strange occurrence indeed, rallied for an even more outlandish cause; or rather outlandish considering the past of Gratislavia. For over four millennium Gratislavia had been ruled by an Autocrat with unchecked power, four glorious millenniums that would soon end.

Communism in any shape or form had been from the very beginning disliked amongst various Gratislavian peoples, especially the monarchy for oblivious reasons. However in 1949 a new ideological concept of Communism reached the unchanged shores of the mighty Imperium, Trotskyism. This new concept embracing what the Gratislavians saw as "the best of both right and left wing communism," took hold immediately in the hearts of many Southern and Northern Gratislavians who were already being oppressed by the Eastern Bureaucracy and Monarchy. Therefore it only made sense that the first and ultimately the only remaining Gratislavian communist party was formed in a small village along the river "Kurnvold," the geographical middle point between north and south.

The PVPG or Peoples Vanguard Party of Gratislavia (Or simply the Trotsky Party) immediately gained popularity, however this to was wavering after a long course of inactivity. This activity was however bolstered after three immensely important actions that occurred in 1963. The first was the fall of the Fourth International that caused massive pain among Gratislavian Trotskyist. The second was the idea of re-founding the Fourth International in Gratislavia, and the third was the Kaiser's crackdown on all communist due to this notion. However his actions in the end seemed to have an opposite effect on the PVPG, as their numbers swelled and large scale talk of revolution rose up.

However these talks in the end came to be nothing but hot air and for a period of over forty years the PVPG went quiet, secretly drawling members in and expanding their power in the West as well as their traditional holdings. This never ending but secretive and continuous activity seemed to be the end of the PVPG until finally on one fine October day the Imperium of Gratislavia went to war. This war against one of Gratislavia's old enemies was easily one of the bloodiest ever, claiming millions of lives and leading to a series of unending wars that still continued on this cold may day. Starting with some far flung enemy and now encompassing a whole alliance known as Aries (lead by the Arch Islands) the casualties had been and were still staggering.

The toll on the people was also great, as their morale was shaken by war taxes and the death of five autocrats in three months, with the most recent declaring himself Supreme Autocrat and ending all power the people had possessed. These events along with with threats of Arch Isles invasion and a growing famine in the west and south as a result of government hoarding eventually led to an over spill of violence and destruction in the small village of Youmfrav in western Gratislavia. The actions committed in this village by Gratislavian soldiers, under orders from the monarchy were absolutely atrocious and down right vile at best, especially considering the peaceful tone the gathering had had.

The 33rd Gratislavian Armored Division had rolled into the small village waiving brilliant golden flags and displaying their personal standard with pride. However this procession quickly turned to violence when the soldiers from the East encountered the PVPG protests. Honor turned to slaughter as the soldiers opened fire with fully automatic weapons and even shattered several buildings with tank rounds, all while rounding up any civilians that survived. This was of course the outrageous spring board that in the end started the massive march to North Gratislavia.

The Gathering:
Idle fires blazed throughout the mountain range as millions sat together in comfort of numbers, finally ready to overthrow their darkest of oppressors; the capitalist and monarchist of Gratislavia. Primarily farmers but with a strong majority of industrial factory workers and craftsmen, these men had spent their entire lives slaving for the good of Gratislavia and had seemingly received nothing in return, a crime in it's own right. Of course now they had been given their only chance at freedom, and they would take it with the utmost concentration and effort.

"Brothers and sisters, today is the final day we shall be oppressed by the evils of Monarchy of the east. Even now movements begin among the enlightened of those areas to strike where it hurts the most, while in the rest of the country an armed rebellion shall soon take place. But for now we must dwell on the present here in the north of Gratislavia. It has been decided that after the revolution has succeed Gratislavia shall designate itself. The Neo-Trotskyist Union of Gratislavia, and shall undergo a complete overhaul of the political system in order to better represent the people!"

A loud cheer went up as the wave of supporters shouted their adoration at the new government that would soon take hold of the country. Before they eventually died down and went back to their respected camp fires. Around such a campfire a young man sat with his three brothers and twin sisters discussing the fate of the nation after the Revolution. "It is of course obvious that we shall shatter all Monarchist resistance, this is true, but we can also finally come face to face with the fact that our lives will greatly improve after the revolution and I for one shall seek work in this proposed Party Railroad system. Brothers I urge you to do the same!"

The man let his words sink in before gesturing towards one of his younger brothers. "I think that we shall to join this project, expect for Alexander who will return with our sisters to maintain the farm land and provide food for the glorious union!" The even younger man shouted equally loud and proudly,"well actually I don't think I shall join either. Brother after the revolution I intend on joining the grand army of the people and serving Gratislavia effectively in the defense of the motherland!"

The eldest brother raised his eyebrow for a moment than spoke much quieter,"you have my blessing; defend the grand Rodina well brother. Defender her well." The eldest brother than quickly stood and glanced at his family," you three shall come with me; it is time to collect our rifles. Catherine, Olivia, you are to remain here and provide logistical support for the army of the revolution; may fortune follow you in this endeavor." With those final words the family separated as the men went off to fight a grand war against the evils of the Monarchy.

The Revolution:
A mass column of black and white moved swiftly through the streets of Gronville while a storm of hammer and sickles dressed also in black and white. A great cry of victory stormed through the city as the great banner of the new union was raised high above the old palace and a commandeered tank rolled through the old sphere of imperialism. Today was easily the happiest day in more than ninety percent of Gratislavians lives, this much was clear. However for the remaining Gratislavians the war was not over and a great battle still needed to be decided.

However this battle was in the near future not the present and so it was with great joy that the new constitution was raised and the solidification of the new state was confirmed. The great black and white banner had finally found a home and soon very soon it would conquer those that sought to oppress the people, but for now a great celebration would take place; and an army would form to finish the fight. Oh and of course a premier would be elected to lead the people on an international stage as was required in the new state.
"Direction Nationale de Notreceau"

Gratislavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Mon May 16, 2011 6:58 pm

The Battle:
Thousands of black helmets moved through the country side, distinguished only by a single white stripe that adorned the center of the head piece. Directly over the visor the Gratislavian national symbol was painted in pure white symbolizing of course the purity of the Gratislavian mission. Upon each mans right shoulder a beautiful and rather durable for that matter rifle sat comfortably in position as the men marched out of the newly named city"Trotzkigrad." While the name was rather ironic it was seen as appropriate and even necessary as the country had become the new home for the fourth international. Even if said international had yet to be officially established.

Regardless of all this the great battle for Gratislavia had yet to occur as all Autocratic forces had withdrawn to the most north eastern confides of the nation. Now however they had nowhere left to run and would finally be forced to make a stand, a stand that was fast coming as the N-TUG soldiers approached with swiftness and armor for that mater. While most marched on foot, a small convoy of trucks also moved to the side of the column and were loaded down with Gratislavians wielding various rifles and sub machine guns as they moved north. Ready to carry the voice of the people to the old and tyrannical monarch that hid in the north.

Overhead a stray jet even flew, not that such elements would be used as most of the Gratislavian AA assets had been captured by the Monarchist which effectively grounded any air assaults on their positions. On the other hand however, the N-TUG forces had captured the majority of armor and even biological weapons which would eventually turn into a key weapon in the coming weapon. It was for this reason that nearly all N-TUG soldiers wore gas masks as they marched towards the boundary of Gratislavia. Unsure at to where exactly their generals were leading them they still advanced with bravery and courage in the face of Fog of War.

Upon reaching the boundaries of Northern Gratislavia however the general that was leading the advance on foot came to an abrupt halt. "Comrades of the Grand Revolutionary Army of Gratislavia, this is your general Godfrey Olienbuv!" The man shouted as various officers relayed his message to the men towards the rear of the column. "We have come along way since that fateful day just a week and a half ago! From the western peninsula to the old capital we have marched, and have finally reached the edge of our great nation. But this is not enough! For the tyrant remains to the north of our grand Union and we must removed him! So now my glorious comrades if you stand with your country and if you stand with your people follow me and let us go and achieve victory!"

All loud cheer went up as the men began to surge forward again past the border markers and into unclaimed territory, the final bastion of the Gratislavian Autocrat. Riding atop one of the tanks in the front of the column one Vassily Urbenburg hummed an old farmers tune to himself as he gripped his rifle a little tighter after the cheer had ended. "James, do you think the monarchist peoples shall be dug in heavily, I don't really care to see us have to use all that gas you know. Won't play out well at all if you catch my drift."

The man called James looked over at him with a cocked eyebrow before speaking. "Vassily I know you are a good supporter of the party, and I know you are a warrior, but what I don't know is why you don't want us to use gas against the monarchist?" The man stated with a sigh as he punched Vassily on the shoulder in a friendly gesture.

With an even louder sigh Vassily gazed up at the man before continuing. "James they are monarchist but many are just young boys or common folk defending the only thing they have ever known, they don't deserve to die in gas like that and you know it. However I do agree that the king does deserve that terrible gas and I hope he get's his fair share of it. But the common folk no they don't deserve to die like that." Vassily stated in a low voice not trying to drawl attention to his opinion on the matter.

James however was none to quiet as he began to shout. "I suppose you are right Vassily, however I have no problem shooting them and I know you don' either, so enough of this talk off the tank let's take down these sons a bitches and get back home." James smiled as he helped Vassily off the tank and they both moved forward with the rest of the formation. It would be a great day for the grand Gratislavian state, and her army for that matter. But first a great battle had to be fought and so it convened as the men approached the trenches of the monarchist positions.

The Day of Battle:
A dark cloud of smoke rose up as the artillery of both sides engaged in a glorious show of fire and smoke. Men screamed with joy and fear as shells landed among their ranks or struck enemy positions. Even as the shelling was going on however a valiant group of APCC's and tanks streamed forward towards the monarchist trench line. While many of these perished in flames others still reached the line and began to inflict a heavy price upon the monarchist in their trenches.

In one such tank a young boy that went by Alexander cried with fear but also with joy as his chassis was struck yet undamaged"Adjust fire, take out that gun goddammit; we need to get this operation moving!" Shouting at the top of his lungs his voice vibrated around the tank hull as the gunner moved the firing aim up a bit and squeezed the trigger sending a high powered explosive shell towards an anti tank gun that was positioned along the trench line.

Shouting with joy the gunner confirmed the success as he cried, "direct hit sir; enemy anti tank gun is out of commission!" The tank continued to roll forward gunning down men left and right and even destroying another gun. Pushing on with anticipation the young tank commander didn't notice the small pegs that stuck from the ground. His shouts of joy turned to his death cries as his tank rolled over one such mine killing all the tanks inhabitants. Another group of men dead, another sacrifice maid in the name of justice and equal treatment for the men of Gratislavia.

Even after the tanks met their death in a hail storm of fire a massive scream of anger and pain went up as the men of the Gratislavian infantry corps charged forward towards the trench lines. Dying in drones they inflicted numerically similar casualties on their enemies as a loud hissing sound soon drowned out all. Followed sadly by looming dark clouds of yellowish green gas that seemed to cover the trenches and drive the enemy back. The battle won at a tremendous cost.

"My God have mercy, for I no not what my people have done." The dark thoughts of the one called Vassily carried throughout his division as the screams for "mother" and "mercy" filled the air before the gas chocked lungs of monarchist finally gave out. Scattered rifle shots rang out as monarchist were put out of their misery. Eventually a small column of men dressed in pitch black with naught but a single white stripe down their breast plate returned leading monarchist troops that had the fortune of obtaining gas masks. The revolution won, but the Autocrat himself having escaped the people were finally satisfied.
Last edited by Gratislavia on Tue May 17, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gratislavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Mon May 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Laws and Regulations:

The Neo-Trotskyist Union of Gratislavia

Laws and Regulations

In accordance with the Grand Premier of the Neo-Trotskyist Union of Gratislavia, the following rules and regulations are hereby enacted to assure dominance and equality among the people of Gratislavia. These laws will be followed to the letter lest the perpetrator be punished to the fullest extent of Gratislavian justice and authority. Any and all complaints or request shall be taken up with the Bureau of Justice and Security(BJS). All accused are innocent until proven guilty.

Regarding Ideologies/Religions:

The Following Ideologies and or Religions are Legal and Encouraged by the state:

-Trotskyism
-Bolshevism
-Menshevikism
-Communism as a whole
-Democracy
-Anarchism

The Following Religions and or Ideologies are Legal and indifferently associated with by the state:

-Roman Catholicism
-Christianity
-Other Faiths not specified anywhere else
-Left Leaning Democracy
-Centralist Democracy

The Following Ideologies and or Religions are Legal yet negatively associated with by the state:

-Judaism
-Constitutional Monarchism
-Right Wing Non Capitalist Democracy
-Militant/Statocracy
-Stalinism
-Islam

The Following Ideologies and or Religions are Illegal and shall be treated as such:

-Capitalism (Voluntary Reeducation, or Fine)
-Fascism (Deportation, Reeducation and or Imprisonment)
-Treachery (Death)
-Homosexuality (Deportation)
-Absolute Monarchism (Deportation or Reeducation)
-Satanism (Deportation, or surveillance)
-Slandering of the State (Imprisonment or Reeducation)
-Nazism (Death or Imprisonment)

Regarding Civil Laws:

Murder: Death and or Life Imprisonment(Labor Camp)
Assault: 10-25 Years (Labor Camp)
Theft: 5-10 Years (Labor Camp)
Manslaughter: 5-10 Years (Labor Camp)
Arson: 5-25 Years (Labor Camp)
Drug Possession: 1-5 Years (Labor Camp)
Tax Evasion: 5-10 Years (Labor Camp)
Disrupting Justice: 10-20 Years (Labor Camp)
Vandalism: 5-20 Years (Labor Camp)
Rape: 25 Years (Labor Camp)
Extortion: 5-10 Years (Labor Camp)
Extortion of public official: 5-15 Years (Labor Camp)
Last edited by Gratislavia on Wed May 18, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

-Deus-
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm

To: Those of Gratislavia
Subject:Hiya

You There,

And it has been decided! Those that you abandoned, those that fought along side us during the occupation of UD1, shall be adopted as our own and honoured as orphans. We love orphans. And thus...I end this message.

Written By,
-Signed Name/Signature-

Gratislavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Mon May 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Addressed to: The Twin Moon Empire
From: The Sailors, Workers, Farmers, Craftsmen, Soldiers, and Political Servants of the N-TUG
Regarding:"Hiya"

For those that oppress:

Take them the first Monarchist army of invasion was destined to fail because of it's corrupt leadership any way. No longer shall those that wished to oppress continue to do so. Have fun with your "orphans" and expect us to retrieve them when they finally see the light and return home.

XComrade Premier Karl Sousfouv

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Mon May 16, 2011 8:04 pm

TO: Neo-Trotskyist Union of Gratislavia
FROM: Grand Emperor Sir Hrothashki I The Cossack of the Azcheykoil of the Grand Imperial Republic and United Colonial Imperium of Aldarminia
SUBJECT: Choice of Paths
ENCRYPTION:
NONE

I can honestly I am wholeheartedly shocked and disgusted by my comrades in the Gratislavian monarchy's actions. Those loyal to the oppressive monarchy should be wiped from existence. I can also honestly say that I am appalled by the sudden plague of madness that has possessed the Gratislavian people. We understand that the horrors committed by the wealthy monarchs have scarred your people and have filled them with a bitterness for capitalism. This hatred, though, is misguided. A true capitalist society would not have left your once-great nation in such state of decadence. If you would see the error of your ways and reform your views to at the least a more moderate leaning, I promise to aid you in your revolution. If you don't, however, I will be forced to extinguish the flames of both warring parties and establish a proper government in Gratislavia myself. Whether said government will be occupational, colonial, or autonomous will be based on how much resistance my liberators receive.

Choose your path wisely.

X Grand Emperor Sir Hrothashki I The Cossack of the Grand Imperial Republic and United Colonial Imperium of Aldarminia

GIRA
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Gratislavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 pm

The Neo-Trotskyist Union of Gratislavia

Lord of Aldarminia, you dare to challenge a revolution brought by an oppressed people? You dare to threaten those that have seen their brothers and sisters killed, and who only assault those that assault them first? How vulgar, it is oblivious that you shall sooner or later require a revolution of your own, that is if your policy on an international level carries to a national level. However you should know that we are not executing enemies of the state, simply holding them until their allegiances can be identified. Therefore you shall retract your statement and you shall not intervene in Gratislavian affairs, lest you wish to strike out against a former ally.

Comrade Premier Karl Sousfouv, Gratislavia

Reformed Britannia
Senator

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Reformed Britannia » Tue May 17, 2011 1:56 pm

"Hm."

The reaction of Prime Minister Powers-Carne to the news of a neo-Trotskyist government beginning to take power in Gratislavia was remarkably understated. And yet, although the prime minister did not look overly worried by this latest revelation, he was indeed quite vexed-Gratislavia had long been an ally of Britannia, although the internal Britannian view on Gratislavia had changed over time. The Gratislavian autocracy had not always been so, well, autocratic-at least, that was the prevailing Britannian view. It was true that in recent years the Gratislavian Autocrat had brought his nation closer to those of the Brimstone Pact, and had undertaken an invasion of the United Districts of 1. Yet in spite of the somewhat drastic change in the Gratislavian state's position on the world stage, the Britannian view of it had remained largely positive.

Now, though, it was clear that the Gratislavian governing body would hold a different view of Britannia entirely. A constitutional monarchy and vehemently capitalist, Britannia was probably not the sort of nation that a neo-Trotskyist government would view in a positive light, and vice versa. Powers-Carne and the bulk of his cabinet had no real experience with any nations that self-identified as neo-Trotskyist; therefore, they were quick to react to it in a negative light.

"Hm? Is that all you have to say about this, sir?" Foreign Minister Kennedy, in a rare flare-up of emotion, slammed his hand down on a nearby mahogany desk. The resulting smack reverberated throughout the small office, which was dimly lit by the sunbeams that were filtering in through the freshly dusted windows.
"This is bloody outrageous. A complete and utter travesty. A government aligned with ours falls to revolution, and we do nothing about it? For Christ's sake, sir, Britannia's lost enough credibility in the world as it is! We need to dispatch the BEF to Gratislavia post-haste and beat those socialist vermin back into the muck where they were birthed!"
Kennedy brought his brief tirade to a grounding halt, and almost casually reached for a glass of gin and tonic that had been set out by a servant. Taking advantage of what he assumed was only a momentary pause in Kennedy's verbal barrage, Powers-Carne spoke.

"Ed, I can tell you're a wee bit upset about all this rubbish. But we just can't go gallivanting around the world like we've still got the empire backing us up. The empire's gone, and with it, most of our manpower reserves and resources."
Before Kennedy could swallow his mouthful of liqueur and interrupt, Powers-Carne leaned forward in his chair, raising a hand to signify that he wasn't finished speaking yet.
"Now there isn't too much we can do to support the old Gratislavian...eh, head of state. We certainly can't spearhead an invasion designed to place the Autocrat back on the throne. What we can do, however, is offer him and his family some sanctuary here, in Britannia."

Kennedy arched an eyebrow, his interest suddenly piqued.
"Of course. But that still doesn't solve our problem in Gratislavia. We can't just go on assuming that this socialist-type government is going to burn itself out like they usually do-"
"I'm well aware of that, Ed," the prime minister interjected, "but we can ensure that the royalist movement in Gratislavia, no matter how small it is, will stay alive. Now, the only problem is getting him delivered into our hands..."

OFFICIAL COMMONWEALTH COMMUNIQUE

The government of Britannia is shocked to hear of the revolution that has occurred in Gratislavia-especially considering that it took place with such rapidity. Almost in the blink of an eye, a nation that has been aligned with Britannia for quite some time has changed its character almost completely, now designating itself as a Neo-Trotskyist state as opposed to the autocratic form of government that the nation of Gratislavia was previously under.

While we shall not judge this new Gratislavia until we can get an idea of its intentions and objectives as a sovereign state, the government of Britannia wishes to declare that if he chooses, the now-former Gratislavian Autocrat will be allowed to seek refuge within Britannia. The Britannian government has always supported monarchies everywhere, and now that a ruler has been ejected from his throne, it is only fitting that His Majesty's Government offers him a place to live in exile.

God Save the King,
The Britannian Foreign Office

THE PEOPLE'S CONFEDERATION OF LEUTLAND
FORWARD, FOR THE GLORIOUS CAUSE!

IIWiki Factbook

Gratislavia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gratislavia » Tue May 17, 2011 3:50 pm

The lone Gratislavian submarine glided gracefully and yet somehow sorrowfully through international waters as it left Gratislavia. Inside a lone monarch sate with his head in his hands. Headed towards Reformed Britannia the submarine sat deep in the water as it tried to avoid any radar contact. The grand monarch of Gratislavia had lost, and was now forced to leave and set up a government in exile among the Britannian people. A dark day indeed for his supporters and his pride, but a hope did remain in his heart. One day he would return and take revenge.

Communication from: Gratislavian Imperial Submarine Revenge
Directed to: Reformed Britannia

We accept.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents