NATION

PASSWORD

IC: Things to do in Caracasus before you die. (MT/PMT - Dip)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:31 am

To: Carosi

To Emperor Mardok III,
As ruler of the grand nation of Carosi, we hope not to offend you by asking a small favour of you your highness.

You see, the situation in Menthi is one in which we have little control. While we wish to bring them into the light, forces are at work trying to stop us. We understand that you may just wish to see Menthi burn, given your history with them, but perhaps you can understand our goal of bringing them out of the dark ages. For even the greatest fool can be of use to this world, given a push in the right direction.

It is therefore that we ask this favour. You see, since you occupy a large chunk of former Menthi territroy, we would hope to buy it off you. We will let you set the price of course, it is yours to give, not ours to take. With this land we hope to start to create a new Menthi, one that brings the people out of their petty lives, and into a new age of prosperity.

If you believe we intend good for the penisular with our ideas, you know how to contact us mere mortals.
Yours sincerely, advisor Borris.

Carosi
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Carosi » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:56 pm

!Spear the fear Men-Pig

".Jaguar the of Steps the on blood own your with deal the sign to willing are you If .Menthi formed once that lands the all have shall you her accept I day the on and wife a me Bring .me to worthless is money your ,trade we trade to want you If .deceit and cowardice only is there world your In .loyalty no friendship no ,glory no ,honor no is There .nothing worth is word A .nothing worth is men a world your In .grain like sold be not can land ,gold like sold be not can souls ,cattle like sold be not can Men"

.pigs of color the of skin the with men the to spoke Emperor the So .piggies little like sounds making were they while the all and sell to wished they and buy to wished They .souls buy to wished they and trees buy to wished They .air buy to wished they and land buy to wished They .sea the beyond from came men-Pig more spoke he As

".theirs rightfully is what defend to strength the find they then Only .hearts their eat and men-Pig the slaughter must Zaria The .them need will people the for behind weapons your Leave .Eagle the am I .Sun the am I .will their respect to me asked have Eagle the and Sun The .Zaria the of world the Leave"

.said Emperor the soldiers his to And .Zaria the to driven and cars rail heavy into loaded were blessings Three .them taking of worthy chieftain the to go would east the in lands The .Decree Imperial an signed and pen his drew Emperor the So .wise were words His .Earth the and Jaguar the ,Eagle the ,Sun the was He .wise were words s'mother his and wise were words s'father His .silence in nodded Emperor the And

".god false their destroy and hearts their eat ,earth the from men-Pig the drive can they so blessings three them give must you and house own their Zaria the give must You .own their of family a start and father their of house the leave to ready are they Now .years 100 for people your guarded You .advice s'mother your follow must You .people the guarded Jaguar the father your and save you kept ,Earth the ,mother Your .died you this for and people the to freedom brought You .here them brought who men-pig the was It .chains no know people our ,chains no know earth The" Eagle the replied "son Beloved"

"?me for bones their from flesh their pick you will or chains in them put I Shall ?do I shall What .me betrayed have people My" said he "dear father ,Oh" .advice his for him asked and Eagle the ,father his to turned he so words these by convinced not was Emperor The

".Zaria the with begin must cycle new The .strong is you for love their and true are hearts their for Zaria the harm not must You .forever lost be will beauty their ,captivity in parish will Zaria the Parsohine of hummingbird the Like .chains their broken you ,people the liberated have You" .son her to spoke ,Sun the ,mother his And

"?me for them burn you will or chains in them put I Shall ?do I shall What .me betrayed have people My" ,Sun the ,mother his asked he "dear mother ,Oh"

.sky the to fists his raised he as anger of full was He .Empire the betrayed had Zaria the where east the to turned eyes his Saddened .people his by betrayed himself found He .awoke Empeor the mountains the over rose Sun the When

V Losaya Consort Empress
past the saw who one The

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Official Statement of the Republic of Tekeristan

To: PUBLIC
Subject: The fall of Karthos, the Zaria people, future of the peninsula

To whom it may concern,

The recent fall of Karthos is not only highly concerning, but a tragedy. Thousands of people lie dead in the streets of Karthos, infrastructure broken, and a peaceful peoples lies shattered under the brutalities of war. How many families are shattered by death after this conflict? How many years of human life & effort lies in ruins & graves? Such is unknown, but the estimated damage is trembling enough - the people & city of Karthos will not recover in a long, long time. The once democratic, peaceful, and equal state of Karthos has been torched under the bloodied boot of the MLF & the regime of Alvarez.

The path to peace has been lost. Not only has this conflict torn a hole through Karthos, it has torn a hole through the hearts of its people - future conflict is inevitable. Instead of a path of peace, a path of negotiation, the MLF & the Alvarez Regime have chosen to violently crush the city of Karthos & its people - murdering and destroying under the pretenses of liberation. Karthos was a liberated community, a state that had secured its Independence and voted democratically for the way of life they wished to pursue. In their wish for peace they under went partial disarmament. Yet the militaristic view of the MLF & Alvarez regime saw differently.

Menthi is not an ordinary state. Rather than a nation, it was a collection of communities. War is inevitable in the future of Menthi because the people of Karthos & Peni don't want to live the Jarkan way of life, and vice versa. The Alvarez regime suppresses the people of these cities through violence, which will force these previously peaceful movements underground & into their own paths of violence. Alvarez, in his attempts to suppress the ways of life of other communities will soon find himself the target of all these communities. A single, unitary Menthian state is all but impossible - and this conflict has only further made it impossible by filling the people's hearts of Karthos & Peni with hatred & lust for revenge. A people's war for Karthos & an ethnic war for Peni.

It is because of this special circumstances that the Republic of Tekeristan requests that the humanitarian path from Karthos to Caracasus remains open for refugees fleeing the brutality of the Alvarez regime & other organizations. These people should not be forced to live in constant fear & allowed to seek a better life. While Tekeristan is open for any refugees from Karthos & Menthi, as well as political exiles, we openly suggest that individuals from the state of Karthos to reside in Maltsi or Caracasus as their societies are more similar to Karthos. We ensure free & safe travel from Caracasus to Tekeristan in any event, however.

We are looking for the families of a substantial amount of individuals that were separated during the fall of Karthos. Any information on the whereabouts and health of their parents & family is wanted - to help reunite people with their families. The Republic of Tekeristan begins the 'Family First' program in an attempt to help re-establish family connections that were severed or harmed throughout the Menthi conflicts.

We hope that proper investigations into the Menthian genocide can be formed & continue, with cooperation between the various powers - regardless of ideology.

After detailed review of historical documents, ways of life & ethnic history, as well as interviews of Zarian people - the Republic of Tekeristan officially recognizes the cultural & ethnic legitimacy of the Zaria people. While it may be impossible while under rule of the Alvarez regime, Tekeristan recognizes the necessity of a future independent Zarian state to not only protect them against prosecution from the Alvarez regime & Carosi but to preserve their people & culture for well into the future. For far to long have the Zaria people been oppressed & abused - including the recent evidence supporting that several of their villages in the Peni territory were forced out to house animals. This action is highly despicable and those responsible should be brought to justice. Details regarding a future Zarian state will require proper planning & cooperation.

We hope that the situation in Menthi can be resolved, somehow, in a fashion that will lead to a prosperous, peaceful, and free future for all of its inhabitants.

Regards,
Tekeristan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Tekeristan on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Watersville
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:07 pm

In an Unidentified Airbase in Flauc

Joseph now had his laptop in front of him. He had hopefully gotten his point across and quickly looked through certain emails. He quickly typed out his response and sent it out as he continued to listen to the diplomat from Tekeristan discuss the issues that he had with the Flaucian delegation.

To: All scientists currently working on a cure for the Carosian Bacteria,

With myself being stuck here in Nanjiwa and with the number of requests for approval for scientists to work outside the nation, I have decided that anyone who wishes to try and help find a cure for the Carosian Bactria has permission to work abroad. As a community, many delegations are working to try to also find a cure. Therefore I plan to have 34% of you work in Caracasus, and 33% to work each in Tekeristan and Flauc. Please ensure that you have all the proper documents in line and have permission from the stated nation to work with their scientists before planning your trip. Good luck and I hope each of you has safe travels.

With respect,
His Royal Highness Joseph Watters

Joseph now returned his attention to the meeting. "Could I ask what is currently known about the attacks going on in Karthos? From what I am seeing now, the city has fallen and is under the control of the Jarkian Government. Also what is the deal with the bombing of the Mardockstinople Airport, and the status of any death totals at the airport? Also, could I please get some information on whom this Alvarez character is. He know sat back and awaited response.

Outside the Tekeristani Embassy, Karthos, Menthi

Sandra and Kelly looked around, they were afraid that in the middle of the bombings, they had become lost. They knew where they were now, and quickly they soon ran down the stairs into a cellar sort of area. They were surprised to find a large group of people taking refuge. They quickly surrounded the newcomers and seemed excited to see them. They asked many questions. The two women asked how many were here, and they were told that there were more than 100 people down here. The group then quickly hushed as someone came down the steps that the two had just come down. It was another family with two kids that also took refuge. The next few people whom came down were the Tekeristani diplomat himself and at least part of his security team. The crowd went ecstatic with cry of thanks and cries for help. That was when the diplomat raised his hand so that he could speak.

Somewhere outside of Karthos

Hannah was still quite frightened of Frankenstein, however she was glad that she now knew more about the man that now sat beside of her. Although she didn't feel as safe as she did sitting by him at the beginning of the day yesterday, she was still more comfortable than she was when they had escaped the cult members. Hannah now watched as the sun slowly began to set into the distance and as the rolling mountains slowly passed along as they made their way down the winding country road. She soon found that she was tired and soon fell asleep.

Sometime that night

She was startled awake as she felt the car come to a stop as Frankenstein mumble something under his breath. She concluded that it must have been 2 or 3 in the morning by the position of the moon in the sky and it's size. She noted the five or so men whom all wore the same military uniform, one she herself had not seen before with a green, yellow, and red band around the upper right arm began to approach the vehicle as a blinding light was pointed at them.
-His Royal Highness Joseph A. Watters, King of Watersville
-President elect Ruby McClaw of the Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville
The Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:00 am

Letter of Commendation – Malsti

Whilst peace is always preferable to war, there are occasions where peace is no longer a viable option. Malsti's armed forces fought against a tyrant. For this they are to be commended.

Malsti has taken a stand against a violent, totalitarian regime that launched unprovoked chemical attacks against a democratic, peaceful people. It is becoming more apparent that the Military Front For The Liberation of Menthi are if not acting under direct orders from Carosi, then they are working as part of a military alliance with the Carosian regime. They are comprised mostly of mercenary soldiers who for the most part speak barely a word of the native language. Their claim to legitimately represent the people of Menthi is a paper shield behind which they hide.

Malsti's military strike was targeted at legitimate military threats, not civilian airports to give a painful recent example. It was not an act of adventurism by a foreign power hoping to gain a foothold within a desperately fragmented country. The action was proportionate, and achieved the objective of buying precious time for civilians to evacuate Karthos.

The claim that Malsti is somehow responsible for the death of General Nino is highly contested. There are no records of General Nino's plane being in the air at the time of the strike. It would be wise to examine the military actions (and consequences) of those who would condemn Malsti, especially in comparison to Malsti's own military actions.

Military action is always undertaken with caution. It has repercussions far beyond the event itself. It is the mark of a stable, successful nation that such action is only undertaken in the most dire of circumstance, and only then when every other option has been exhausted. The people of Malsti have nothing to apologise for, and have acted with restraint and careful forethought.

Following the savage assault on Caracasusian peacekeepers defending the humanitarian corridor into Menthi, the armed forces of both Caracasus and Malsti will be working closely together to ensure that the people of the peninsula are protected.

Live interview – Sanjay Bashir.

“And of course you were part of the diplomatic mission hosted by Flauc, to develop a peace settlement. What are your thoughts on Caracasusian withdrawal from the talks?”

Sanjay laughed, leaned back on the comfortable sofa. “Make your minds up, where the hell do you want me!” Sipped from his drink. “Frankly I am disappointed. We all knew, going into these talks what they would entail. A chance to air petty differences, bicker and snipe at each other and generally act like children fighting over a toy. That's simply how peace talks work.”

“And those talks, would you agree with the consensus that they are a failure?”

Sanjay shook his head. “Not at all! Of course it depends on your position. For Flauc, they've been a resounding success. Flaucian military production is off the charts, they're selling plenty of weapons – including cluster munitions and landmines I might add – to a regime that has taken a turn for the totalitarian. There's no better customer in the world than one who is perfectly happy to use the guns you sell them indiscriminately. It makes for lots of repeat business. As for Significance, they've made some powerful allies, and powerful enemies that will no doubt keep their own arms manufacturers in fur coats and sports cars for quite some time. Tekeristan has clawed back a measure of credibility and proven it can act like a nation once more and Cardulan has reasserted itself as a hard line military power... I'd say about the only people who lost out at the talks were the people the talks were meant to help.”

“And this rumour regarding the attack on Karthos being financed by Flauc?”

Sanjay frowned. “I... can't see it myself. Why ask me? I guess it is possible but I find it hard to see exactly how Flauc benefits from controlling a city in a region that actively despises the apparent government of Menthi”

Medical Aid packaged and waiting in Quoris.

Ethical dilemmas beset aid to Menthi

Menthi's General Alvarez has bought in new legislation regarding the distribution of foreign aid to the citizens of Menthi. It is understood that the general has decreed that access to aid is no longer a basic human right.

There will be a referendum called later today regarding Caracasus's position of supplying aid to a nation that plans to withhold aid from its citizens. As always, the matter is up for debate in the Council Elect.

It is understood that the Council Elect and Nineday House are examining the possibility of air drops, supplying aid directly to the communities that General Alvarez is expected to withhold it from.

ENCRYPTED

Internal Nineday House Memorandum.

Sixteen Caracasusian peacekeepers guarding the route into Karthos were killed prior to the assault on Karthos. A further eight are currently receiving treatment.

The airlift rescue of persons within Karthos was a success, though it would have proven more successful had the corridor been open.

The corridor is at present guarded by members of General Alvarez's militia group. There is both an international mandate and a national mandate to take swift action against the illegal closure of the humanitarian corridor.

The troops guarding the corridor have been told to relinquish control of it. Should this not occur within the allotted twelve hour time frame, operation Strange Trees has been authorised. The Humanitarian Corridor will be re-established.

Tank crews, mobile mixed infantry and air support have been notified. Malsti will be kept informed of ongoing plans.

Nineday House.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

The Brotherhood of Pirates
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Brotherhood of Pirates » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:20 am

Mountains north of Karthos

The pirate watched the city burn. Whole distilleries went up in flames, soldiers rushing about trying to put out the fire they had begun. For a member of the Brotherhood, watching alcohol and the means to produce more alcohol destroyed was a dreadful thing. The situation was grim. From here you could almost make out as each Barrio fell to the invading forces. The men and women in front of him were caked in dust, some lay bleeding, barely conscious.

They were the best that Karthos had to offer at the moment.

Why had The Brotherhood accepted the contract? Money most certainly played a part. The mysterious benefactors had never met the Brotherhood in person. A wise move, no doubt. In addition to the money, there was the genuine threat that the new regime posed to The Brotherhood. More than a few of the Brotherhood were Zaria, or claimed to be so. The Brotherhood's uniquely anarchic approach to matters of property and money, it was felt, would not be tolerated by this new General.

Previous rulers of the Peninsula had tolerated the Brotherhood as an unfortunate pest, one that it was simply not economical to remove. This new general would, it was felt, burn their boats given half a chance.

The Pirate nodded to his compatriots. The time would soon come. One of the Karthosians was giving instructions in a low, hurried voice.

“... lists of targets will be delivered by couriers. We cannot rely on email so these will be sent to you in person. Once you have your target, memorise their details and destroy the message. The weapons you are using are relatively quiet, and utterly undetectable by metal detectors. It appears there are plenty in Caracasus willing to fabricate them for us.”

The pirate nodded, flipped open one of the cases. Inside lay a carefully fabbed plastic composite pistol. Double shot, no need to reload.

Plastic pistols from the men in plastic boats

“You will have to get close with these. If your target is in a crowd, approach from behind and fire towards the spine. Then walk on as if nothing had occurred. Otherwise, attempt an assassination at home.”

“Remember, we have lost the city, we have not lost Karthos. Whilst you take our fight to the new administrators, governors and police that occupy the city, your comrades will take action here in the mountains and from the south, from Caracasus. We took back our freedom once, we will do so again!”
Last edited by The Brotherhood of Pirates on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Menthi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menthi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:01 am

Caracasus – Quoris province. Three miles south of the border

The Retirada

They had fled. Against an opponent you cannot defeat, retreat is the only recourse. They had fled in their hundreds, and now close to two thousand of Karthos's militia gathered in jungle clearings in Caracasus. They carried weapons and ammunition that they had scavenged from the dead or carried before the battles. Tired remnants of the defence force that had fought running battles throughout the city.

Some had trailed off. Gone to seek refuge in Caracasusian towns and cities. Most had remained loyal to the cause. Several had taken the time to set the fuses on the explosives clustered around the city's industrial district. More had taken the time to thoroughly destroy as much of the heavy machinery and equipment belonging to the Soviet as they could.

Malsti had bought them time, time enough to escape. They were not going to throw their chance away. Plans had been drawn up, arguments raged about the most effective way to continue the struggle. It was taken for granted that those loyal to the cause would do everything in their power to resist the occupation. What the Retirada could do to aid them remained to be seen.

For now, the most pressing concern was the small number who appeared to be sick with the Carosian plague.

TO: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Gaimu-shō 外務省

Offer of support

Greetings to our honoured allies. We are grateful for the aid and support you have provided our fine nation these last few days, and more than grateful for the military assistance you have rendered – allowing us to finally cleanse the scourge of communism and its associated decadent parasites and hangers-on from Karthos.

We respect your opinions on the Zaria, but must restate that the Zaria require, nay beg for a firm hand. The Zaria is a natural communist. A Zaria is a thief who steals what others have worked hard to make, and turns to violence when that is rightfully seized back. Left to their own devices, the Zaria would live a life of indolence and perversion, committing sinful acts of bestiality, theft and incest in the mountains they have illegally called their home.

We are confused that you would lend us such support in righteously cleansing our fine country of one great evil, yet baulk at the removal of another. The Zaria, if they comply, will not be harmed. All that work for the glory of Menthi will get their rewards.

Your kind offer of providing security for Menthi is generous indeed. We are more than happy to acknowledge the role that the mercenary forces you provided played in the fall of Karthos, though would this not prove rather detrimental to Flauc's foreign relations? The mercenary soldiers themselves are, we believe, somewhat unsuitable at the moment for policing the republic of Menthi. Most do not speak Menthian and are clearly not Menthian citizens. How could these mercenaries, with no knowledge of the rich cultural traditions and a limited understanding of the language of Menthi, possibly be expected to keep law and order within the republic?

Your offer to fortify Karthos from any further assaults is gratefully received. We will be dispatching two brigades of our finest Echador de llama volunteers to aid with the cleansing of the city.

With deepest respect,

General Alvarez

Flauc
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:45 am

NANJIWA | DAI HOTEL CONFERENCE ROOMS

Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first. Charles de Gaulle

The room seemed to look like Flaucese traditions and a meeting room mixed together. I have to add, it looks pretty good. In the pictures, the mountainous nature of Flauc appeared, with fascinating sights in the pictures. However, the news were grim and were not as bright as happy as the room looked like. The feeling of strain and pressure was inside the Flaucese Generals commanding Flaucese men in Menthi, they did succeed in capturing Karthos and removing communism from Menthi, but another problem arose.

General Alvarez himself became a real pain for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He ignored what Flauc said, asking for Alvarez to stop the persecution of the Zaria.

The Generals all sat down and so did the businessmen. All was silent, until a man stood up and began to debrief this situation. The man was dressed in a white blouse and black tie, and had surely combed his hair. He seemed to know what is going on.

"The situation after the death of Nino has became.. quite unstable."
The rest agreed and shook their heads.

"The rule of General Alvarez is much worse than Nino. While Alvarez will surely support our forces in Menthi more, he has complete disregard for civilian lives and humanitarian aid, as well as international law. He has began persecuting the Zaria people and has instituted a draft, when those draftees could be used better to rebuild the economy. To top it all of, he has said he will punish treason by death. Telling us that he'd rather rule by fear.. he is just too extreme. While we think that Menthi should be strong, it needs to be strong with a moderate, but a patriotic leader. He doesn't understand that he shouldn't anger Caracasus or the 'big guys' on the peninsula. He is too extreme, too radical."

The man sat down and looked at the rest. They agreed and applauded after his speech, and debate began how to deal with Alvarez.

"Why can't we just allow him roam free? I mean, he's not doing anything bad that directly effects us. Anyways, why can't we just withdraw? Karthos has been destroyed." said one of the Generals around the table, and then people began debating. One person raised his hand to get the attention of the others. He was a businessman.

"Because we get money by selling our arms to these guys. Plus, Karthos can wake up against when Menthi is too weak. Although, if Alvarez begins oppressive policies in the Karthos region, then those there will just despise us more and what we did will never be forgotten. Plus, he and we might not care about international law, but other nations, like Caracasus do. We believe Caracasus might be making moves to act against Alvarez, they even shot a few of our mercenaries at Karthos."

"I agree.." interrupted one, "but what do we do then? Do we just go in, do a coup with rolling vehicles and claim power? Won't Alvarez declare war on us and portray us as traitors?"

"Yes, he will.." said one of the Generals in the middle of fierce debate, "but what if we do it silently? The question is, how? Anyone have any ideas?"

Everyone began debating with loud voices before the hotel staff came in and warned them to be more silent, as it was dark outside. The debates raged on for about half an hour, until one man banged his fist on the table, since no one would listen or look if he raised his arm.

The rest of the delegates were quite saddened because the man did not follow the common etiquette of raising the hand to grab attention. The General then spoke.

"Apologies for that.. I couldn't get your attention by raising my arm." said the man, before continuing his idea.

"Who said we have to do it loudly? We have hired Bushido to protect Alvarez, right? So all we have to do is get him to his office or whatever where he can't be found and then we kill him. That could be too loud or bloody, though, and someone could notice.. how about we poison his drinks or something?"

The rest of the table roared in applause as the man sat down.

"We will ask Bushido if they can do it.. of course, we will do it if Alvarez gets too out of control. We'll ask Bushido what they think about this and if there would be a better way we could do it. We're gonna begin on finding his successor.. someone more moderate but a bit more supportive than Nino. Someone who will actually listen to our advice and won't try to brawl with Caracasus. Make sure the guy is also popular and is pretty well known, and is known for good stuff and patriotism. We don't want the coup to fail as soon as we do it, right?"

"Heck, we might even give the Zaria autonomy so they just be silent like before and leave us alone."

"We will offer them advisers.. then we get them to communicate with Generals and Alvarez, get closer, find out their personalities.. who doesn't like Alvarez, and all that stuff. We will also use white intelligence, by trying to find out information by looking for it in public.. look for corrupt Generals, those that have had squabbles with Alvarez."

STATE OF FLAUC

To: National Democratic Republic of Menthi

Greetings.
Yes, our support if very needed to the National Democratic Republic, and we will continue to deliver it.
You are asking us why we were so persistent on removing the Karthos Soviet and not the Zaria. Now, we will tell you why. That is because the Karthos Soviet actually wanted to leave Menthi and wanted to join the USSC without Menthi suppressing them. But the Zaria have a reason as to why they declare independence - and that is because you have began to oppress them. Your use of force to murder Caracasusian peacekeepers is even more dangerous. You must understand that while Flauc, while we can stand up to Caracasus, and might be even stronger due to our capitalist economy, the Iberis Peninsula isn't near us. We have to travel to bring troops, supplies. Caracasus, if they decided to invade, could destroy and dismantle Menthi and turn it into a socialist state easily if they wanted, and Flauc could only offer a few confrontations, but after that, we would need to withdraw to save our own troops.

We can agree that the use of MFLM as an National Gendarmerie would be a bad idea. The MFLM will not be dissolved. They will rather, turn into something similar to a reserve force. If a war begins with our neighbors, we will mobilize them once again.

You have to stop squabbling with big nations, as Menthi cannot fight them, at least, not for now. We are also against the draft. While you might be recruiting strong men, you must understand that they are untrained. We believe a better trained, but small and better equipped military is better than a weak one. By building up power and military, you could, once day, match up to the power of Parsoh, and even possibly Caracasus. However, this does not need to be done right now due to the situation Menthi is in.

The economy of Menthi has been shattered ever since the occupation. Bombings of Karthos have taken a toll on Karthos. Menthi was poor and reliant on aid from Caracasus, even before the occupation. Now you are reliant on aid from us.

It does not matter that the Zaria are criminals or whatever you have said about them. They lived peacefully and Nino, nor Menthi had a problem with them. You say they live in the mountains, the mountains have nothing of interest for us. There is no need to oppress the Zaria. Oppressing them instead creates more problems. Let them do whatever their culture is. Are they a problem? Do you want to create another division in Menthi? If the Zaria get support from Carosi, we will see another war, this time in the east.

The Brigades located in Menthi will be sent to Peni, Jarka and Karthos.

Flaucese Garrisons will be created in the three cities, ready to quickly react to any attacks. Flaucese Military advisers will arrive and will be in constant contact with you, and will also meet with your Generals to devise plans to counter attacks from the nations on the Iberis Peninsula and Caracasus. This is necessary for the defense of Menthi. One of them will be meeting with you more usually than the others, and will speak to you and will also advise you on problems of the nation.

And thus, if you stop the oppression of the Zaria and negotiate with them so they can stop their claims of independence and resettle peacefully, we will offer you investment from Flaucese businesses in the infrastructure and economy of Menthi, as well as more military support from our own army. We also offer you to send two more brigades to protect the border of Carosi and Parsoh, one for each border. They will operate with your forces.

Please stop your oppressive policies, leave the Zaria alone. They can live in their caves in the mountains, the mountains do not what anything that we need, and thus, it is unneeded to suppress the Zaria.

Godspeed,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Gaimu-shō 外務省
Last edited by Flauc on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Parsoh
Attaché

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Parsoh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:00 am

Parsoh City – Jatti's offices

Parsoh City at sunset

Khassim was kept waiting some time. Unusually long. The sun set over Parsoh City, turning the dirty glass and soot-stained metal for a moment to gold. Even from the eagle-like perspective of Jatti's offices Khassim could see the groups of serious, black clad Militia as they strode the streets, submachine guns openly displayed. The armored trucks that bore them this way and that rushing off to distant corners of the city on some errand or another.

Around him the sweat drenched, adrenaline soaked chaos of an election campaign fought in one of the most openly corrupt cities on the face of the planet was in full swing. Khassim seldom attended casinos, but he spotted the parallels in the major players. The press too, it was strange. Like a gambler doggedly slogging through a night of bad hands and fleeting inside straights the journalists, yes men and advisors did not seem overly bothered who won the presidency – they were there, paying blind after blind, leaked email, rumour, character assassination and (it was rumoured) actual assassination like a gambler eking away their savings. They were as hooked on the machine of power as if it were a drug.

Faces grey from weeks of campaigning on nothing but junk food, connected to voters and ground workers through adrenaline spiked and caffeine addled conversations on telephones. The chaos should have bothered Khassim. He was mildly surprised to find it did not. He fully expected Jatti to win, though the latest news stories were... oddly against the man.

Jatti finally saw him. The man was a wreck. Khassim dreaded to think how long the professional makeup and stylists would have to spend on him to get him looking halfway human for the night's big launch. He grabbed a handful of antacid tablets, crunching them like sweets. Spraying Khassim with the detritus as he spoke, one hand gesticulating with a lit cigar. Three more lay, smouldering and unsmoked in his ashtray.

“Yes, yes Mister Khassim. Thank you. Sorry I could not meet with you sooner but..”

He was interrupted by a shrill beeping. Held up his hand to Khassim. Spoke, growing slowly louder and angrier as the poor sap on the other end of the line squeaked words Khassim could not hear.

“I am sorry Mr Khassim, I must take this” Hand over speaker.

Now turning his full attention to the speaker on the phone. “He.. he what? What do you mean he didn't know? Oh, well that is just fucking fine that is. Listen you little... no, you listen. You can tell him from me personally unless he publicly rescinds his statement tonight I am going to come down there, tear off his skin and wear it to his dear mother's birthday party! Do you hear me?”

Jatti slammed the phone down on his desk. Remnants of his calm, calculated mask slid back into place as he smiled up at Khassim. The smile, so beloved and used on so many posters, looked frankly unhinged in the light of his office.

“Mister Khassim. It appears we have a problem. Someone is undermining our campaign.”

Khassim spoke. “It must be serious if you are this concerned. I have seen the press lately. Do you have any idea who?”

Jatti shuddered. “It's Jarthos. I don't know how, I don't want to know how but somehow he must have survived. There is no other explaination. There are facts coming to light...”

(Blackmail material, Khassim guessed)

“Facts coming to light that only he would be privy to.”

Menthi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menthi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:11 am

Gaimu-shō 外務省

Offer of support

You have to understand that the Iberis peninsular is a very complicated system. The Zaria are bandits. Calling them a people does not help. They share a lot of similarities with biker gangs or the organized crime. The most people associated with the mafia life in rural areas but the few that life in the big cities cause a problem to all.

The Zaria have always be a problem. If you look at this conflict you will remember the Carosi did annex our territory because of the Zaria. It was back than that Tekeristan denied the existence of them. As an organisation they have always been and they will always be a problem. The individual Zaria will not even be charged with membership in a criminal organization. Once we have destroyed the social structure of the gang we will integrate the individuals in our society.

Even though Zaria are heavily tattooed and all those things the people will have to accept them. The Zaria are very closely linked to Carosi. Carosi is the only nation that recognizes the Zaria as a people. Many Zaria hold positions of power and influence there. I think that one of the many queens is a member of one of the Zaria gangs. The help of the brigades in the east is much appreciated. They should be ordered to kill at the slightest provocation.

Mixing them with your own troops might provoke the international community you fear so much. It would become obvious who paid them and who commanded them. I advise you to contact Anton Kreuzer, the man currently in command of the Civil Guards. He is somewhere in Peni. You will have an easy time finding him. He can help you disguise the mercenaries as locals by filling their ranks with his trusted men. They can be integrated into existing units to train the men.

The draft is absolutely necessary. Our economy and our nation has been totally destroyed. We need the men to rebuild roads and buildings, to reconstruct Karthos and to work in the fields and factories. All these things must be organized and centralized. Nina did nothing but wait for the economy to recover itself. This is impossible. We need to force the people to work so we can produce local products and we need to pay them so they can buy our local products. We need to recover fast and we need to industrialize as well. As the criminals and communists fled Karthos, they set fire to the factories as they left. We need an army of labour to rebuild and repair. These things are not going to happen if we sit around and wait.

I have been a soldier for all my live and most of the things you promise are simply impossible. Sending more soldiers without the approval of Parsoh or Caracasus is a very difficult task.
Runways are too short – Carosi is the only nation where highways can be used as emergency runways.

We have no access to a deepwater port in Menthi where heavy equipment could be unloaded. There are airfields and small airports within Menthi, but none of these would be suitible for a large scale landing of soldiers – certainly you would not be able to land an army and all the associated equipment needed without drawing large amounts of attention and ruining the advantage of surprise that a force of this type needs. In addition, the communist menace in Malsti is just itching for an excuse to shoot more planes from the air. I have no desire to start a war on many fronts while my country is in the state it is at present.

Rail access is possible, either through Caracasus or Parsoh. Whether either nation will accept an offer is another matter.

With deepest respect,

General Alvarez

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm

STATE OF FLAUC

Greetings.
It is clear that after multiple explanations, we have understood that the Zaria are a damage to the development of the National Democratic Republic of Menthi. While we believe the Zaria are a problem, our forces believe it would be easier to arrest, not to kill. It will also avoid international condemnation for murder. We apologize for not understanding the culture of Menthi. What has worried us most that they are engaging in piracy.

We think that the creation of an airfield is required in Menthi. Our companies will begin investing in Karthos and Jarka, as well as Peni. There will be two brigades sent to the west to ensure order in Karthos, and a garrison will be created. We believe that Caracasus with co operation of Malsti might attempt another attack due to their statement that they will "ensure the people of the peninsula are protected". We want you to be rest assured that the Flaucese Brigade will engage any aggressors attacking the Democratic Republic. One brigade will remain in Jarka as a protection measure, while the last one will be sent to Peni to restore order.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will soon release a statement regarding the recent developments in Menthi. The same countries that claimed that the same countries that denied the existence of the Zaria now are recognizing them as a way to destabilize the government of Menthi. We will dissolve the MFLM and it's ranks will be secretly incorporated in the Armed Forces of Menthi. The remains of the MFLM will contact Anton Kreuzer. We hope that they will find their way there.

Information from our navy near Menthi says that Caracasus is acting erratically and provoking our Navy. While we cannot make them leave since they are conducting training and we have allowed them, there will be an official question as to why their 4th Fleet is acting so erratically.

We will assist you in rebuilding the Karthos - Jarka highway. We would like to say that the two brigades will be able to fly in. Contractors from Bushido will suppress the air defense systems of Malsti, at least, for a long enough time for the two brigades to arrive. Do you agree?

We have no will in co operating with the same people that are the enemies of Menthi. You see, Menthi is in a dangerous position. It has uncontrollable nations on the peninsula, which are not scared to attack Menthi. However, now they are more reluctant, because we have your back. We will protect Menthi. As we speak, our Generals are drafting plans for the defense of Menthi, if perhaps Carosi, Parsoh or Caracasus or some other nation attacks.

Together, we will make Menthi into a prospering and respectable nation. Law and order will return to Menthi.

Menthi is not the playground of the Iberis Peninsula.

Godspeed,
Gaimu-shō 外務省

STATE OF FLAUC

To: United Socialist States of Caracasus

Greetings.
We would like to question your recent provocations in the Sea of Menthi. Your aircraft is flying low and you have moved dangerously near our fleet. Ignoring the fact that you are currently violating the territorial waters of the National Democratic Republic of Menthi, we would like to question as to why your navy has moved so close and is currently provoking the Flaucese Navy to attack.

Thank god, our commanders have been sensible and have been reluctant to shoot down your 20th century planes to prevent another conflict. We request an official explanation why this is happening, and why is your navy provoking us.

Cheers,
Gaimu-shō 外務省

STATE OF FLAUC

SITUATION IN MENTHI

Greetings.
The recent commendation of Malsti by Caracasus is worrying to us. Caracasus has just commended a nation that shot down airplanes belonging to the Flaucese Air Force and a the private plane of General Nino. Caracasus might claim that they are skeptical about the shooting down of General Nino, but how can they claim that? Menthi does not release the data of it's president flying over Menthi or somewhere else. Why? Because many people might use this to target General Nino's plane. Of course, this did not account for independent nations. Malsti, using it's spies in Menthi, gathered this intelligence that Nino was planning a trip, and used the opportunity to shoot down the private plane.

We frown at the fact that Caracasus has commended the shooting down of a president and aircraft of an independent nation. The use of force is unjustified. The State of Flauc would also like to add that the airplanes of the Air Force and General Nino were not even near the airspace that the terrorist group, the Karthos Soviet, had claimed. There will be retaliation.

The United Socialist States of Caracasus and Malsti have no right to fly any aircraft in the airspace of the National Democratic Republic of Menthi. Menthi has rejected your aid, and you must respect their decision. Humanitarian aid is denied? What a joke. Humanitarian aid is provided to those who have surrendered and have laid down their arms. Humanitarian aid is provided by Flauc to citizens of Menthi, and the government also provides humanitarian aid to it's own citizens. Those brainwashed by Caracasus or Malsti clearly do not understand what is going on in Menthi. In the humanitarian aid of Caracasus there were weapons and guns delivered to the Karthos Soviet. That is clearly not humanitarian aid, it is a violation of international law.

The most hilarious claim is that Menthi used chemical weapons on it's own citizens. Menthi would never do this. This claim baffles us.. the nation that launched these unprovoked chemical attacks was the Empire of Carosi. Tekeristan and many other nations have said that Carosi is responsible for the attacks. Menthi does not attack it's own citizens with chemical weapons. We are also certain that the MFLM are in no way tied to Carosi. If the MFLM were the ones that launched this chemical attack or if they were the ones slaughtering innocents, then the government of Menthi and Flauc would have taken action against the MFLM. The humanitarian corridor from Caracasus to Karthos was nothing but a way to provide weapons and supplies to the Karthos Soviet. That is not humanitarian aid.

In regards to the Zaria and their so called settlements, the international community must understand that the Zaria are in no way a culture or anything else. They are the reason Carosi annexed parts of Menthi. Carosi, a crazy regime bent on ritual sacrifices is the only one that supports the Zaria. Carosi is also the same nation that launched the chemical attack on Menthi. In Carosi, the Zaria even hold positions of influence and power. Menthi and Flauc will not allow these people that are associated with Carosi, which have killed many Menthians, to get independence or being revolts. After they get independence, they will join Carosi, cutting off the trade of Menthi with Parsoh, thus making Menthi reliant on aid from Caracasus once again. This we will not allow. The same countries that denied the existence of the Zaria are now the people that are recognizing them. Their aims are obvious - to divide Menthi.

The hierarchy of the Zaria is similar to those of mafia groups and gangs, and they have tattoos. When needed, they steal, rob and commit other criminal acts. Individual Zaria will not even be charged of belonging to a criminal organization, only those that are in the organization and commit criminal acts will be arrested & charged. Recognizing the Zaria as independent is like recognizing a gang that controls a turf is independent.

Now, people speak of the Karthos Soviet. They say that Menthi is now illegally occupying Karthos and whatnot. Those are the same people that want to see a divided Menthi and at first. When Parsoh invaded, Menthi was united. No one wanted to secede. However, after being brainwashed by supposed Caracasusian 'citizens' when they entered the city and Caracasusian propaganda, they declared their independence from Menthi. The Karthos Soviet can have no claim to independence. It has no separate culture, Karthosians are Menthians, and they have only been recognized de iure by one nation. They also shattered Menthi and plunged it into chaos by provoking a war, and also almost provoking a response from Parsoh which could have resulted into another invasion. Due to their actions, Karthos must be now rebuilt. They burned all of the distilleries, and thus, destroyed the economical potential of Karthos. They destroyed their own cities and the future of their country. They did not fight for freedom nor independence, they fought for destruction. It was necessary for Menthi to reinstate control in Karthos. Menthi simply took back what is theirs.

Due to recent rumors of the MFLM being terrorists and under pay of Carosi, the internationally recognized government of Menthi has requested that Flaucese Brigades arrive in Karthos to arrest anyone who is being paid or sponsored by Carosi. The brigades from Flauc will also return control to the city, arresting any terrorists or criminals. They will repulse any attacks on the independence of Menthi. If you threat the independence of Menthi, you threat Flauc as well.

Caracasus and Malsti must understand that Menthi is no longer as weak as it was. Caracasus and Malsti can not intervene or sabotage the efforts of Menthi anymore. Any attempt to divide Menthi will be met with fierce resistance from the people of Menthi. We would like to remind that Menthi is no longer the playground of the Iberis peninsula.

Cheers,
Gaimu-shō 外務省

THE LAST DAYS OF COLONEL MAMARIS

"Shut the hell up." said the soldiers as they wrestled and chucked in Mamaris and few other members of the government into the small truck. They took the truck to the middle of the jungles. Taking her to a prison is too risky, they would probably help Mamaris make it out dead without giving away her intelligence.

While driving along, Mamaris was attempting to speak.. the duct tape made sure she wouldn't scream for help or something else.

The fate of Mamaris would be a mystery.

The people of Karthos would not get a martyr, and they would not get the information of Mamaris's fate that they wanted. All information would be withheld. Anything regarding the government of Karthos was to be ignored. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Flauc told employees specifically not to mention anything about the government of Karthos in their messages, even mentioning "government of Karthos" would be punishable.

The rest of the government were forced to sit down on their knees with their legs, hands tied, and with their mouths duct taped, and blindfolds removed. They would watch as their Colonel would be tortured, gotten information from, and executed in front of them. If they would see what the Special Forces did to Mamaris, they would shudder to think what the Special Forces would do to themselves, and would probably break down as soon as the Special Forces were coming next to them and would release whatever they want.

Their faces could not be seen. Covered by the black mud and other natural colors, the only things that could be seen were their eyes. They were threatening, and certainly did not look as if the eyes were 'smiling' at you. It looked more like the Special Forces were looking at them with the intent to torture, break, kill.

Approaching Mamaris which was on her knees, they ripped her duct tape off. She could hear the steps of boots as they came closer and louder. She probably thought she could resist the brunt of the Flaucese Commando Group. Yes, she was strong, yes, she could lead her people, but resistance was not tolerated. You were either with Flauc, or against them.

"Now, you are going to say everything you know about Karthos, and everything you know about foreign support from Malsti or Caracasus. You will tell us everything. You will also sign an unconditional surrender of Karthos. You will also admit to whatever stuff we say you will admit to. Since you are probably hard to break, we will have lots of time to decide what crimes you will admit to. That surrender will be signed by the rest of your government." said the man as he pointed to the rest of the group.

After the words were whispered in the ears of Mamaris, a blunt fist from one of the soldiers crashed in her face, strong enough to break her nose. Mamaris fell on to the ground, still not saying anything. If Mamaris would scream or attempt to draw attention, no one would save her, as they were in an area people barely go to. If she would scream, they would muffle her screams with their hands that had gloves on them. The blindfold was not removed to prevent her from understanding what is going on and to make her dependent on the soldiers to pick her up and help her, of course, that is if they wanted to.
Last edited by Flauc on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:04 pm

THE REPUBLIC OF BALAGAN

TO: Public

Saruwa Summit

We condemn the assassination of Mr Fikret Hakan our ambassador to Carosi. We have been trying to reach Carosi for days but they have not replied to our messages. From the facts available to us at the moment it appears as if the attack on a civilian airport was unprovoked and unacceptable. We hope that the case will soon be investigated and we wait for the conclusions of this investigation before we blame or suspect any of the parties involved in some kind of wrong doing. Flauc has voluntarily stated that they are going to compensate families, nations and companies. We take this gesture as humanitarian and not as a confession of any misbehavior.

We have decided that we are going to attend the meeting in Saruwa and discus a security plan for the Iberis Peninsular, a plan that includes dealing with the pirate threat and that will end banditry and gangsterism as well.

Aaeedah Duha (Foreign Minister)

Watersville
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Aid Clinic Peni

Kiera first noticed that something was wrong when the aid truck showed up ten minutes late. The driver soon got out and handed her a letter with updates from Alvarez's new government. "You can't be serious!" She looked up at the driver in shock. He just shook his head. "You haven't seen the worst of it yet." Now she was concerned. She ran to the back and opened the back doors to find that a third of the aid was missing. She turned around, "What happened?" The driver went on to explain that he was not allowed to bring anything from Caracasus with him "because they could be sneaking in propaganda and supplies to their spies." Kiera crossed her arms, obviously distressed. "They can't be serious, propaganda? Equipment for spies? That is outrageous." She then took stock of what had been taken out. Medical kits, canned foods, and pain medicine were all missing. "We will just have to make do with what we have." She soon had a group unloading the truck.

Several Hours Later

Kiera could not believe what she was seeing. Now the clinic had "guards" "protecting" the entrance. She noted that everyone who were allowed to enter were carrying some sort of slip. The next patient she waited on had one and she asked to see it. She could not believe it when she saw that it was, in fact, a slip that showed that the individual had done enough work to receive aid. She soon found her way to the entrance of the cave, where she noticed that there was a young man, obviously of Zarian descent, who was being blocked from entering the camp. The guards were, at this point in a heated argument with the man, and the poor man was almost being bullied. Kiera could not take her eyes off the situation. Soon one of the guards pushed the man to the ground and two of them began to drag him toward a van. Kiera couldn't stand by any longer and ran out to help the young man. "Excuse me! Excuse me!" She watched as the two men stopped to turn to her. She quickly looked across to the two men as she helped the young man up to his feet. "What has this man done to not be allowed to get aid?" She questioned.

Menthi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menthi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:34 am

DEUS LO VULT

TO: FLAUC

National Reorganization Process

I do not have the intention of killing anyone. As a soldier I must tell you that if you go to war, you will have to kill. If the gator-baits behave correctly and do not resist they will not be harmed. To be honest, I value your support but I am getting tired of your attempts to paint me as a blood thirsty idiot. I appreciate your support and I can guarantee you that we will only remove parallel structures in our state. The gator-baits will become normal people. We will destroy their criminal enterprises and than we will destroy the piracy. There is no room for lawlessness under the NRP. We do not intend to kill anyone but when conflict breaks out and when riots need to be put down we ask your men to shoot to kill. We can not feed those in prison and since you are so afraid of the international community we can not use prisoners as slave laborers or keep them under conditions worse than those in a five star hotel in Parsoh. At the moment we are weak and the only way to compensate this weakness is by acting strong. In the end we will prevail.

These are all very good ideas. We have already began confiscating land and resettle people to make room for an international airport. It should be fully operational in less than ten years. We are not yet ready to begin the planning but we will soon search for companies capable to construct buildings in tropical climate.

I personally applaud the statement. We will send delegates to Flauc to participate in the coming summit. I think this is a good idea. Let Kreuzer organize the incorporation of the MFLM into the regular forces. As we have no official connection to the MFLM we can not release this statement but the claims that they have used biological weapons is baseless and can be easily busted. The MLFM actually went into the contaminated area without protection gear to get the civilians out. If they would have wanted to kill the people of Krathos they could have easily done so after they were victorious. Instead they cared for the wounded and the sick.

You are a civilian, you have no idea what war is like. You have never been to the trenches. I had to reroute the humanitarian aid. This is what won the battle of Karthos. Under the tropical heat of Karthos it is recommended that you drink about half a liter of water every hour. Of course we could not deliver such an amount to your men. What we could do was to deliver two liters of water to every soldier every day. That’s 22 tons of water every day. You know what would have happened to your men if they would have used local water sources after the biological attacks. To keep your men alive we had to deliver 5.45 tons of food to them. That’s 28 tons of supplies they had to get every day just to keep them alive. Fuel, ammunition, medical supplies and so on are not included in that. We have no economy, no stocks, nothing. Where do you think this food came from? We buy what we can from Parsoh but the wholesalers there frequently rip us off. They send expired food, sometimes they send only half of what we paid for or nothing at all. Food prices exploded in Parsoh when we became dependent on imports. The army must come first. I hope that you will understand that this was only for the MFLM fighters. The rest of your troops need to be supplied by you. If we don’t use the humanitarian aid to feed your men they will die. Cargo planes would be shot down at the moment so you and I have to rely on what’s coming in from Parsoh. This is mostly the food we bought and humanitarian aid from Watersville.

The air defence systems from Malsti are one problem but they are not the only one. Considering that your brigades are light brigades and consist of 3000 men each you would have to air lift them if you do not ask Parsoh or Caracasus to allow them to land. We only have very few paved runways in Menthi and those that we have are just a few hundred meters. They are simply too short for cargo planes. If you plan to do an amphibious landing you would have to send the men and their equipment by sea, which would take quite some time because they would have to sail all the way from Flauc to Menthi. Even then a lot of them would die in the landing from accidents and misfortune. Amphibious landings are always very difficult. Once they have landed you need to constantly supply them which is also impossible without the agreement of Caracasus and Parsoh. An adventure like that would cost billions of Syndicated Yen and not millions, it would be far easier to come to an agreement with the city state. I am not running your campaign I am just trying to be helpful and point out some very dangerous flaws in the plans.

I am very interesting if the men who call themselves Bushido (which is a very strange name for a group) are following the code laid down in the Hagakure. Malsti is not the most dangerous of enemies one can imagine but they should not be underestimated. On Iberis there is this joke that Malsti has more bunkers than citizens. Be aware that they have planned and prepared for about 60 years that they will be invaded by Carosi.

I appreciate this stand and I hope that the landing will be a great success. The men will be extremely vulnerable when they have to cover miles of open water in their small landing crafts. Sometimes it is better to risk the lives of thousands of soldiers than to make concessions. I like your way of thinking and I believe that showing this level of acceptance for causalities will discourage Malsti from firing missiles into the landing forces.

Indeed we will. In the future there are several other groups that will need our attention.

Politically the Union of Menthi Students in Cedoria is one of the most dangerous communist organizations at the moment. You should not underestimate this organization. They are extremely powerful and have a lot of support in the Peni area. They work and live in Cedoria one of the most evil communist dictatorships on earth. They have a lot of money and are ideologically linked to the Bull. This is also a guarantee that the Bull will never work with the Zaria. The UMSC has a long history of working hard to destroy the structures of the gator-baits. Unfortunately they are very popular among the professionals, engineers, doctors and so on. They have formed parallel structures very different from those of the gator-baits but not less dangerous. Their influence on the intellectual elites must be constantly monitored.

The next terrorist group you need to focus on is the Women’s Defense Force. The members of this group are fanatic Karthos loyalists. They rather blow themselves up than surrender. Most of the MFLM fighters killed after the occupation through sniper fire or in ambushes fell victim to that group. I suggest that in a violent confrontation you order your men to shoot the women first. This is one of the most violent and most fanatic terror group operating in Menthi at the moment. The only exist in the Karthos area but can easily spread to other parts of the country if they are not dealt with quickly.

I am glad that our cooperation is now running smoothly. In a few months we will have the entire region under control and we can begin to rebuild our society.

We have asked Watersville for their support in a very delicate operation but they have outright refused to answer our call for help. Therefore I would like to ask you for volunteers who are willing to work in the Peni caves. This assignment will almost certainly lead to their death. So far only the Jesuits have answered our call to treat the infected interned in the caves. Even Watersville has forsaken them, something I don’t blame them for. The few remaining doctors we have are simply not equipped to work under these conditions.

For the NRP

General Alvarez

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:01 am

STATE OF FLAUC

Greetings.
There will be no amphibious landing. Contractors from Bushido will be conducting SEAD missions on Malstian defense systems, if this is even possible. We would like to assure you that Bushido belongs to a very loyal ally of ours and they would not be disloyal, unless we would become communist. We do not know if Bushido follows Hagakure, but they are very loyal, you could say, warriors from the modern era.

We understand that you intend to make Menthi a strong nation, however, we will only kill if attacked. While we agree about your stance on the Zaria, you must understand that killing them will only anger the rest of the Zaria. The sensible solution would be to arrest & rehabilitate them, however, deadly force will be used if we are attacked.

We would like to say that there would be many Flaucese companies willing to co operate in constructing Jarka International Airport. In regards to the supply issue, we will contact Caracasus and ask if we can possibly use their deepwater port to bring supplies to Menthi. If they deny us, then there will be no choice left than for us to buy supplies from Caracasus or Parsoh, or else our and your armies will starve and your people will starve as well. Another choice if Caracasus denies us would be to ask Parsoh, but we would probably need to pay Parsoh and if Parsoh went to war with us, our supplies would be at great risk.

You have to understand that we are not invading Malsti. We are retaliating by committing SEAD (suppression of enemy air defense) operations. That is not an invasion, that is more like a retaliation for the shooting down of Nino's plane as well as our air force. They claim the no fly zone is illegal, but even if it is illegal, these planes have permission to fly in the air space of Menthi. This is the air space of your nation, and you have the right to deny entrance. They clearly do not understand, and will be punished for it. We do not need to know how much bunkers are in Malsti since we do not plan to ever invade Malsti. We plan to restore the dignity of Menthi. We would not be content with the death of 6,000 soldiers if Malsti would shoot them down.

We would like to ask how Menthi became so poor before the invasion by Parsoh. We want to know what history Menthi had before the invasion, perhaps, Menthi was peaceful and the invasion was unprovoked?

In regards to the supply problems, we would like to say that we have found a partial supply provider. It will be Eastasia which will be selling supplies to us at cheap prices and we will deliver them to Menthi if Caracasus allows us to use their ports. Other supplies needed will be brought from other nations.

Cedoria houses the most infamous communists. Cedoria is similar in a way to the USSR in their most interventionist times, except Cedoria is more similar to Maoism. Cedoria will support any communists, even those that commit war crimes and kill anyone in their way. Even SACTO has their eyes on the Cedorian regime and is vary of it. The influence of the Zaria and the Union of Menthi Students in Cedoria will be closely monitored by our advisers and intelligence agencies.

Flaucese Brigades currently in Karthos will make moves to scavenge and eliminate the Women's Defense Force. They are terrorists, and need to be removed. Our forces will take care of them as they know well about guerrilla tactics and asymmetric warfare, as we were prepared to use the same tactics as the Viet Minh in Karthos if the Karthos government would not be captured. Our Navy will also actively attempt to eliminate piracy in the territorial waters of Menthi.

In regards to the humanitarian aid problem.. we would like to say that if the infected become too much of a problem, it would be adequate to kill them to make sure the disease does not spread. However, this is to be a last resort.

It is not necessary that our people have to die. With the same request to Caracasus to use their ports, we will attempt to send specialized HAZMAT teams with protection, along with educated doctors. They will work with the patients and will attempt to help them. We do not need to send our own people on their deaths. If Caracasus denies this, then it is clear that Caracasus wants to hold the stranglehold it has on Menthi regarding humanitarian aid.

In regards to the troops arriving, they will arrive only possibly. Even with the SEAD operations, we might not land. However, with these operations, it will be assured that the air defense of Malsti will be disrupted for a long time, if not, destroyed completely. For now, the 12,000 - 13,000 troops we have already stationed on the peninsula are enough, even though we proposed more to arrive. If the two brigades were to arrive, then the count would be upped to maybe even 20,000. However, this is still debated in our Armed Forces, and if the risks are enough to take, considering the small runways and risks that could be entailed. As of now, two brigades are stationed in Karthos, one of which will be participating in removing the Women's Defense Force, and one is in Jarka and one in Peni.

Godspeed,
Gaimu-shō 外務省

STATE OF FLAUC

To: United Socialist States of Caracasus

Greetings.
To add onto our recent question, we would like to request permission to use Quoris Port to send very needed supplies and HAZMAT teams and doctors to Menthi. While Caracasus and Menthi, nor Flauc and Caracasus are at the best of relations and Menthi has denied aid from Caracasus, they have not denied aid from us. We would like to help the people of Menthi as much as possible, and we need to help citizens and other people. The HAZMAT teams and doctors will be going to the Peni caves to care for the infected, while supplies will be distributed in Menthi.

We believe if you deny, then there is no other way than to ask Parsoh. And you know how dangerous Parsoh is, as they will probably ask for payment in return for allowing us to use their harbors. Flauc will also not co operate with Parsoh as it has stripped the independence off Menthi once before.

Do not let the citizens of Menthi and others to starve and die of infection. As we speak, our convoys of supplies are already en route to Quoris Port and it would be a disaster to cancel them, both for Flauc and Menthi. We would also like to remind that Karthos is controlled by the Menthi government and not the MFLM which you claim are the ones that used chemical weapons on Menthi.

Let's put our differences aside for a moment.

Cheers,
Gaimu-shō 外務省

Resistencia nunca se derrumbará

DISSOLVE

It is our time to inform the international community that the Military Front for the Liberation of Menthi has been, hereby dissolved. It will no longer be acting and members of the organization can return to their civilian life and can become true civilians of Menthi.

We can announce, proudly, that we have won our crusade against the red menace. It has been removed from Menthi, and now Menthians can live in peace that our nation will not turn into a communist death camp.

We have to deny the claims by the Socialist States of Caracasus that we have used chemical weapons on Menthi. It is such a disastrous claim and attempt to undermine the position of the MFLM that is simply makes us sadden and frown at the announcement. The MFLM has never and never will commit war crimes and will never use chemical weapons on Menthi. The claims that we have also been hired by Carosi are completely bogus. The MFLM and Menthi would never serve the occupants that have currently annexed territories of Menthi. The MFLM fights for itself, and has no connection at all with any nation. The MFLM is an organization dedicated to the preservation of an undivided Menthi.

However, liberators, do not give up hope yet! One day, if needed, the MFLM will rise once again and will be revived to fight against those that harm Menthi and the independence of our nation.

Homeland or death.
Last edited by Flauc on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:05 am

To: State of Flauc
Subject: Maltsi, Menthi

To whom it may concern,

The Flaucian authorities have recently been expressing large amounts of concern & surprise towards Maltsi's actions - primarily in assisting the defense of Karthos - primarily by denying airspace over Karthos & use of long-range artillery weaponry.

Our ministry expresses confusion regarding the Flaucian surprise towards these actions, with the Maltsi-Karthos defense pact being known & expressed publicly. If the Flaucian government wishes to enforce an illegal no-fly zone, against the guarantee of another nation, then they will have to pay the price of such. The Maltsi government simply stood by their word, the events that have transpired regarding aircraft should not come as a surprise. Under the eyes of Maltsi, they were defending the Karthos state - a state they they recognized as legitimate.

Your government's support of oppression & repression of the Zaria people is a highly condemnable and worrying action. The Republic of Tekeristan will be forced to condemn the State of Flauc within the following days for supporting the illegal actions of restricting humanitarian aid & supporting the oppression of the Zaria. The actions of another nation do not decide nor legitimatize cruelties against certain ethnic peoples.

The opening of a humanitarian corridor is highly essential for the safety of refugees fleeing the oppression of the Alvarez regime - people such as Zaria and those to feeble to carry bags of concrete just to earn essential humanitarian goods. Tekeristan is working with the Caracasusian & Watersvillian government to help ensure that passage is ensured & safe.

The oppressed, weak, and vulnerable have the right not to live under the brutality of Alvarez - whom oppresses ethnic cultures, violently crushes protests with live ammunition, illegally restricts humanitarian aid, & bans opposition parties. The fact that the Flaucian government supports this totalitarian & brutal regime is highly worrying & worthy of condemnation.

The Tekeristan government will continue to monitor the situation thoroughly. All Tekeristan citizenry, besides those with that received information otherwise, are to leave the area of Karthos & Menthi. For their actions of brutality and oppression, the Republic of Tekeristan hereby places sanctions upon the Alvarez regime.

Regards,
Tekeristan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Last edited by Tekeristan on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:27 am

STATE OF FLAUC

To: Dictatorship of Tekeristan

Greetings.
Your recent statement comes to us with surprise. You still completely ignore our statements. You, by saying that it is justified, are basically saying that Flauc invaded Karthos with Menthi. These are completely biased accusations with no base of proof. The invasion was conducted by the MFLM and the MFLM just gave away Karthos to Menthi. There was no information about the MFLM wanting to give it away before the invasion or during it.

You have to understand that even without a no fly zone, it is illegal to fly unregistered and unwanted air planes into the airspace of Menthi. Flauc has this allowance. How would Tekeristan feel if we flew our jets in their airspace, but then said it is alright because there is a no fly zone?

Your claims that Flauc and Menthi have invaded Karthos are biased and without a base of proof. If Menthi attacked Karthos with Flauc, then we would be at war. We would also like to add that our jets were shot down in the airspace of the Republic of Menthi, not the Karthos Soviet.

Oppression of Zaria? They are a mafia gang and they have links to Carosi. You are one of the nations that did not recognize the Zaria, but now that it benefits you, you recognize it. It is completely despicable of nations that are considered to be 'highly developed', such as yours. The Zaria closely co operate with Carosi, which are known to commit war crimes, that is why they are so dangerous. The Zaria also routinely engage in pirate activities in waters around the peninsula. When a certain diplomatic action that undermines your enemy is good for you, then you do it. The Zaria that participate in criminal activities are the only ones arrested. The Zaria are also known to be supported by the brutal Carosian regime, which has recently released some sort of statement indicating their support.

The State of Flauc is currently negotiating with the Alvarez regime to provide aid for the sick and elderly. The disabilities and incompetence of the Tekeristani government is really surprising. As we speak, HAZMAT teams are to be sent to Quoris harbor from Flauc and then to the Peni caves to care for the sick that are currently infected. We would request that you understand that humanitarian aid /=/ consumer goods, which means that the elderly receive pensions and can buy their needs with the money they have received. Pensions are also paid by giving consumer goods due to the instability of the currency of Menthi.

The State of Flauc hereby will place sanctions on the Republic of Tekeristan once again, since it is clear that the Tekeristani government can only listen what one side of the conflict says, not both. The irony in your statement of oppression is quite hilarious, when the regime of Tekeristan has participated in many war crimes and has murdered many innocent Oehitionians.

Gaimu-shō 外務省

Many businesses in Flauc have seen an opportunity of investment in Menthi. Despite it being a risky investment due to the possibilities of another war to rage in Menthi and across the peninsula, many businesses have taken the risk and have decided to bag in on the chances in Menthi.

"It is a win-win for both sides." said a spokesman from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. "Menthi gets rebuilt and has it's infrastructure rebuilt, while corporations and Flauc benefit from it."

Construction sites will be defended by security guards.

Major Flaucese company "Arakawa Constructions" is currently deciding if it will build an airport in Jarka. Yes, the Menthi government have decided to begin the planning of an airport in Jarka, which would be completed in less than 10 years. The corporations currently constructing major apartment buildings in Peni and Karthos, as well as Jarka have jointly stated that prices for apartment rooms will stay low until the economical situation of Menthi improves to make sure that 'people can live peacefully in their luxury homes without fear of robbery by sleeping on the streets.'

The State of Flauc have applauded Alvarez's recent actions to rebuild Menthi and to open it up for foreign investment. "Alvarez is truly a great statesman that envisions development and progress." stated one Menthi citizen that could afford to leave to Flauc after the invasion by Parsoh.
Last edited by Flauc on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:41 am, edited 9 times in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Menthi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menthi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 am

Gaimu-shō 外務省

SEAD operations

The outcome of the SEAD operations will be very interesting because this is going to be a proxy war between bolshevism and civilization. Bushito is a SACTO storefront while Malsti’s air defence is nothing but Caracaus’s doctrine and systems relabelled. Take great care, we have no idea how many Caracasusian soldiers are in Malsti at present, or their capabilities. They may well be expecting an assault after Carosi's attack.

From my professional point of view this plan seems very promising. There are a few very obvious traps. I hope that you and your mercenaries will avoid them. From your fear I can tell that you are not in charge of your country but simply bowing to the will of the majority. I am fine with that, every leader must rule the way that’s good for his nation. However, I am afraid that an operation like that will significantly damage your reputation. In Menthi you would be a hero. Here vigor, strength, and heroism are appreciated. These seem to be values of Flauc too but your constant fear of the international community and bandit gangs make me believe that you are depending on other people’s good will.

If the Bushido planes take off for Malsti they will face a lot of problems. They can’t land on your carriers, unless your carriers are empty. You have suffered some losses but I guess there is still not enough room for new jets. Only specialised and small AVACS planes can be used from carriers. They will spend an endless amount of time in the air.

You have to take the small dimensions of the peninsular into consideration. You have threatened all of the nations surrounding Menthi with war and destruction and you have shown the world that you don’t hesitate to massacre thousands of civilians if you think that’s right. I totally agree to that but I think you can’t have it both ways. Be either loved or feared. If you can’t be both, be feared. I will later come back to this. No nation in the vicinity has any chance of knowing where the fleet of planes their early warning systems detected is heading for. Balagan’s military is far superior to your own. They easily outperform that of Greater Nihon. They have several fleets in Parsoh and you have killed their ambassador. Once they detect the incoming aircraft above the sea and heading in their direction they will engage and destroy them because they have no idea where they are heading. Something similar goes for Cardulan and Significance who have fleets near the peninsular. At least Cardulan will detect the Bushido planes long before they are in range. They are not as likely to engage but they will ask for identification.

Parsoh has a state of the art military as well. It is effective and should not be underestimated. The senate has no means of knowing that you are not carrying out your threats and bomb the city state. They will take no risk and shoot the Bushido down once they come within range. Finally there is Carosi. Their air defence is as outdated as their political system and their army. In the recent times there have been rumors of mercenaries coming to the empire and large underground constructions have been uncovered by Caracasus. They have bought state of the art equipment and a lot of tanks, tanks which are of very limited use on the peninsular. If you ask yourself why I did not mention Caracaus, their orbital defence and detection system, their fleets and AA sites, their provocation and their determination to prevent another attack on civilians, that’s why I hope that at least they would believe that the incoming jets are a counter provocation and that they only begin eliminating them once they try to leave the peninsular and after the initial attack. These are all factors you have to consider before the mercenaries have even reach Malsti.

Now let me return to the question what is preferable, be loved or be feared. If you fear your people as much as you fear the Zaria you might want to rethink this plan. Given that the Bushido pilots will be killed after they reached their goals and not before this plan costs billions. Billions of Syndicated Yen you will be hold accountable for. This is if the plan succeeds. Only the fuel the missiles, the price for the men and the spare parts. Only to destroy one set of anti-air batteries in a country that borders the factory where the systems are produced. Long before the downed Bushido pilots will be massacred by angry cannibals in Carosi the systems will have been replaced by Caracasus. If the plan fails and the Malsti air defense turnes out to be capable of dealing with the Bushido things will be even worse for you.

Now that I have pointed out the weaknesses in your plan I hope that you will not be discouraged. I think the plan needs some fine tuning but you should continue. In my opinion it could be wise to destroy Caracasus air defense systems around Taris and Tethir. And yes, before you ask, they are very much within range to destroy every incoming Bushido ordnance or aircraft. The units around Quooris are well in range to engage the attacking forces. The air readiness troops will hopefully wait to engage the mercenaries until they have at least damaged Malsti. If they pre-emptive attack Caracasus this might buy them the time to hit and run. Hopefully the air readiness troops will protect the population centers instead of defending Malsti as they are bound to by the defense treaty.

I also suggest you ask Parsoh and Carosi not to interfere with the attack on Malsti. If you want to you can try a hard line approach and tell them that otherwise they will be next. Considering your fear of damaging your reputation you just might beg them or bribe them. I appreciate your willingness to get your hands dirty and your willingness to put so much money and lives in that effort.

I often think about God in these days I just wish he would do more to punish the infidels. You often hear of trains full of workers being blown off in some country or the other. A bomb killing a premier or a governor. Why do these things never happen to Malsti? Because men like me and you fight fair. We spend billions on missies to destroy an easily replicable radar car. I just wish that Malti had more of these internal problems that would keep them occupied.

I have to repeat that I am in total agreement of the plan. In no way it is my intention to mock the ideas or present them as laughable. I like the plan and I would like it even better if the Bushido would be ready to destroy every SAM site that they pick up when they get within range. All I want is to avoid bad surprises like confusion over Balagan shooting down the entire Bushido fleet over international waters because they refuse to state their route and destination. I am sure your generals will have told you exactly the same things but to civilians warfare is often an enigma.
Now that I have voiced my concerns I wish you and your men the best of luck. In my opinion you should continue to act hard and decisive. You have to be prepared that all other nations will engage the air fleet once it gets in range and they will easily identify the planes as what they are. If you are prepared for that and if you are prepared to act when your enemies hesitate you will be victorious.

It is time to look at the other topics we need to discuss. The history of Menthi is long and not very glorious. The attack was unprovoked and unnecessary. If GL would not have bought Menthi to become a whore house it would have lead to total disaster and probably the collapse of Parsoh. Not because of our resistance but because of the worthlessness of Menthi in a monetary sense.

Our problem has long been corruption, idleness and the lack of nationality. We have suffered from communist groups and other perverts who did undermine our society and we could never compete with Parsoh and Caracasus. Our Rum is legendary but we could only export Ron Bucanero, a high price article sold as luxury good. Our own people went to Parsoh to buy alcohol at a liquor store Parsoh is just a few hours drive from Krathos and all products were at least fifty percent cheaper there. Otheres went to Caracasus and others went to nations far away to support their families at home.

I hate to burden you with yet more problems, but we are facing another crisis. The nation of Watersville has refused to lend aid to those interred in the caves of Peni. Without appropriate aid, these people will die. I am not a monster, in spite of the populist state controlled media of Caracasus and Malsti say. I want to help those in my care, but without appropriate treatment I will have no choice but to have the entire cave network sealed up to prevent further spread of the plague.

With deepest respect,

General Alvarez

Watersville
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:21 am

Waters City, Watersville

The situation had become extremely worrisome in Watersville. Many were worried about not only what was going on across the globe, but also around the nation itself. There were many whom worried about this Carosian Virus, while many others were worried about the economy. The situation seemed to worsen everyday, as the markets continued to contract as things happened across the globe. Many doctors and scientists looked across the globe to try and find a cure to this disease, and many others were already at one of the four Watersville Aid Clinics. Menthi was now asking for help in Peni in a large cave system with this new disease. The government had many issues finding people willing to travel to help these individuals, however they finally had enough supplies readied to send to make a difference. The message was prepared, and the crew awaited the go ahead to continue.

To: General Alvarez and the NRP

We are glad to see that you have reached out to us. We are regretfully sorry about the several days wait before getting back to you, however our group of doctors are ready and our supplies have been packed. It took quite some time, however the doctors that are gathered are ready and await your confirmation of the location and approval to enter the nation. The doctors are prepared to do whatever it takes to help these people. We are bringing many needed supplies over, including medical supplies and food. We hope to be of assistance to you and the Jesuits that are currently helping you. Again, we are sorry for the delay.

With respect,
The office of his Royal Highness Joseph Watters

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:51 am

STATE OF FLAUC

Greetings.
Bushido is a company belonging to Greater Nihon, and we currently have no idea as to what they have planned. We believe they will turn off their IFF chips/signals that contain information of their travel destination and belonging, as well as other information. We would like to also remind that the carrier fleet next to Menthi has Greater Nihonese aircraft bought by Flauc, and they are able to take off from 280m decks with assistance, which we have. Landing & taking off airplanes on the carriers will be no problem. With a turned off IFF, aircraft would need to be detected by military or possibly civilian radars. Bushido will be using Flaucese jets with their identification scraped off, bought from Murakami Arms. Even if the planes are shot down and recovered, there is no way knowing except that it is a plane sold, at the moment, to quite a lot of nations. Suspicions would fall on Flauc, but we could deny it.

I believe you have overestimated the power of Balagan. Balagan itself buys submarines from Murakami Arms, a company which is owned by Greater Nihon. While Balagan has orbital weapons, they would never use them. If a war were to erupt between Flauc, Menthi and the rest of the peninsula, that war would most likely would be a regional one, not a total war. Besides, Balagan would not start a war over one dead ambassador. Challenging Greater Nihon and the State of Flauc is like wishing for death.

We will not inform Carosi and Parsoh, nor Caracasus. Those nations should not expect a strike from Flauc, since retaliation has only been promised to Malsti. We are certain that Bushido will be able to finish the mission without a noise, or at least, we hope so. We would like to remind that Flauc is a member state of the Santiago Anti-Communist Organization (SACTO). As we speak, our design bureau are in the process of debating the production figures for one of our new stealth jets, which will be expeditionary, and will be able to land on carriers and on short runways.

We will correct you that they are not called 'AVACS', but 'AWACS'. Flauc has AWACs systems capable of using carriers, but they have not arrived yet. We would also like to remind that Bushido will be attacking every air defense system that comes into their way. They are also contracted to locate Karthosian propaganda websites, and to DDoS whatever country is the host nation.

At the moment, the supply arrival and HAZMAT teams that are designated to arrive to Menthi are at mercy with our enemies, Caracasus. We hope that they will accept our requests and will not attempt to halt the supplies and HAZMAT teams, nor disturb them. HAZMAT teams with doctors will be, hopefully, with the approval of Caracasus, arriving to the Peni caves to care for those infected. If Caracasus allows this, supplies will arrive as well.

We do not know the full plans of Bushido, but we know they will conduct recon. We will not threaten Carosi and Parsoh not to intervene, because as you stated, Parsoh have a military to be reckoned with, and if needed, Carosi could cause disturbances across the border, the most worrying part being that they have occupied territory close to Peni and Jarka, as well as Karthos. We will not even tell them of the attacks, we are confident in Bushido. The only nation informed will be Cardulan. Intelligence is key. We will also add that the contractors, possibly, will not even use our carriers and jets. They might use their own stealth equipment, which has long ranges.

We have to ask why have you decided to be feared. You can be feared in the eyes of countries due to your power, but you can be loved in the eyes of your own citizens and also the Zaria, if their 'operations' are eliminated.

Godspeed,
Gaimu-shō 外務省

STATE OF FLAUC

To: Kingdom of Cardulan

Greetings.
We would like to tell you that aircraft belonging to the Flaucese Air Force being used by Bushido contractors will be flying on missions to Malsti. Please do not intercept the aircraft, nor release information about this message, nor intervene. The attacks will be a retaliation to Malsti for shooting down our air force and the jet of General Nino. However, the contractors might not even use Flaucese air craft and could use their own.

Godspeed,
Gaimu-shō 外務省
Last edited by Flauc on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Menthi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menthi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:55 pm

DEUS LO VULT

Military Strategy

I would like to know what the military personnel in your nation thinks about this plan. The military strength of Balagan is leagues above that of Greater Nihon. Buying weapons from one nation does not say anything about your military capabilities, their VTOLS are decades ahead of the latest development of Murakami. Defense experts rate Balagan among the top five percent of the global militaries. I know that you are a civilian but wars are lost because of ideas like that. Balagan’s military might will not diminish because you wish Nihon to be stronger. The worst thing is, that Balagan might not even intend to annihilate the Bushido fleet. They might simply do it because they have no identification and they won’t want to risk their fleets in the port. While the later is speculation the military superiority of Balagan is a well established fact. Tortured pilots will of course instantly give away who paid them and what they were supposed to do. A pilot shot down over Malsti is very likely to land in Carosi. It would be a humanitarian gesture to tell the poor sods to kill themselves if they think they are inside the Empire.

As a matter of fact these nations will not care a single bit what is coming. They will simply ask Bushido once and than shoot them down. Since you are a civilian I will repeat the obvious facts again. If the planes take off from your carriers it is impossible for you to deny your responsibility for the attacks. You might not be aware of that but your fleet is under constant surveillance by satellites, spy planes, submarines and various other means. You are so close to the early warning installations of Caracasus they can basically hear your men whispering to each other. It is impossible for them to miss the routs of the jets and the actions they performed in the air. I am delighted to learn that occasionally you listen to your generals that is a very good trait for a leader.

The airports in the target area are very busy. Flights into the area have to be declared in advance. It is not only Quooris and Parsoh International airports. These are mega air hubs with airliners and private jets coming and going round the clock. There are the military airfields and some smaller airfields as well. International air traffic has not been postponed.

Believing in invisible jet planes is not going to win you a confrontation. Physical bodies are not invisible. Stealth planes can be detected and destroyed. I don’t know the abilities of all nations but I am very confident that at least Malsti, Parsoh, Balagan, Significance and Cardulan are very capable of spotting fighter sized stealth planes with low-frequency radars. There is a difference between spotting a plane and shooting it down but in our case it would be enough to spot the planes to alert the air-defense and to trigger their counter measures. My guess is that they will simply ask the incoming stealth craft to identify themselves. I’m not an air-force man. This is just basic physics. There are more powerful means of spotting stealth craft than low frequency radars. The more fighters the easier they are to spot by the way. There are no means to jam the radars as jamming those of Cardulan for example would be an act of war. They are located too far away from each other; each nation uses different types and different methods. They could focus on the radars of one nation and they would still be picked up by the others. Contrary to popular believes radar jammers do not project invisibility cloaks.

To give you an impression on the mission of the Bushido I have included a map of the killzone of the ageing Katara missile system if it would be based in Malsti city. Be aware that this would only be the first line of defence to intercept incoming problems. If the problems survive and come closer the next line kicks in, than the next and the one after that and so on. This is the basic 1970s style air defense idea, it is not even close to an iron dome system.

You have repeatedly threatened Parsoh with war, so that is what they will expect if unidentified jets fly into their airspace. I am glad to hear that Bushido will attack all the air defense systems that pick them up. From my educated guess I would say that those of Cardulan pick them up first followed by Balagan and finally Caracasus or Parsoh. They should carry enough weapons to have some missiles left for Malsti. This act of self sacrifice is brave and truly heroic. The martyrs’ names will be written in gold. I must say the more I learn about this Bushido guys the more impressed I am.

Caracasus can not do too much to stop the aid workers. They have to let them past or find a very good excuse why they want the virus to spread. It would be their responsibility.

I am very confident too but you always have to compromise on weaponry if you want to enable long range and stealth is contrary to popular believe not invisibility. Stealth planes are relatively easy to spot. It is more difficult to actually shoot them down but that too is very much possible, especially if the above mentioned groups would work together. This scenario is highly unlikely but Significance, Balagan and Caracasus each destroying thirty percent of the air fleet is not very unlikely.

Consider this, an unidentified fleet of jet planes is approaching your fleet. Your sea based weapons have a much longer range than their air based weapons. Again, simply physics, a ship can carry a lot more than a jet-fighter. You radio the planes and ask for identification. You realize that they have not registered their flights even though they are crossing the routs of commercial travel. Which order would you give? What if they ignore your second warning and still come closer? Would Flauc allow them to come so close that they could use their own weapons? Remember, it is not a single jet. It is a lot of them and they are clearly out to do some damage. What if Carosi hired them? What if this is Cedoria, ready to help their allies? What, god forbid, if this is the People’s Republic of Crosshill on their way showing Caracasus that Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which they use to crush the enemy? Would you wait? Take your chances? Significance might. Parsoh not so likely. Balagan would not do it and neither would Cardulan.

These things have to be carried out with a good mixture of bravado and skill. If you indeed let allow the mercenaries to fly to your carriers, restock and refuel and take off again there is absolutely no use denying that you have send them. If you follow through with this idea you can eliminate many of the risk factors I did mention before. Your enemies and your allies alike will know who is going to do what and no one will accidentally destroy the Bushido before they have reached their destination. You have to be prepared to sell this to your population and to give speeches and unleash propaganda on why you have started a war with Caracasus by triggering the defense pact. The rest of the region and most likely even Caracasus and Balagan will be intimidated or even delighted. Your display of bravery and firepower will make them think twice to mess with you. They probably even join us in the fight.

Having the mercenaries approach from the open sea will give you deniability but it comes with all the risks I have mentioned. The mercenaries are paid to die. No one cares if they return form their mission or if they are eaten by cannibals in Carosi, right? I would always try to minimize the risks. I use a lot of mercenaries myself and I have a different view about these things. I like my forces to remain intact and I like to prevent losses.

From my point of view there are more cost efficient ways to engage Malsti but I give you my word that no matter how you decide we will fight by your side for we are well aware that everything you do, you do for Menthi. Technically the war is over. If the communist nations like Significance and the others can be persuaded to stop their aggression they might even have a say in the future of Menthi. We owe our freedom to Flauc but if they are willing to end their financing of terrorism and respect our borders we are willing to allow them to send humanitarian aid and open schools and so on. I am not an adventurer. I am a bureaucrat. I want peace, stability, law and order. I have not decided to be feared. Right now fear and violence are the only things that keep Menthi together. If you want the Zaria so dearly we can resettle them to Flauc, I guess they would love that. I have heard that your social welfare is exceeding our presidential salary.

But let us return to the topic of war now. I have stated that many times before. I am not against this attack plan. I just want you to be aware of certain traps. It would be a shame if Bushido suddenly realizes that they need to fly through the air defense of Balagan because they miscalculated ranges and distances. They might even think that they would let enemy fighters approach their fleet because they lack the cruelty to shoot a jet down just because the pilot refuses to identify his mission. Others are not that careful in war, they are cowards and think to themselves: better save than sorry. If the defense pact is triggered your fleet is doomed. It will be blown up in a very short time because Caracasus has to expect a nuclear strike. So you better be prepared to retaliate against them for the killing of thousands of sailors. I think this might be the right time to start a short war against Caracasus but from my point of view it would be more promising to defeat them in Menthi in a proxy war.

You lead we follow.

General Alvarez

DEUS LO VULT

TO: Watersville

Medical Aid

You have done so much for humanity that it is almost impossible to put into words. The doctors should arrive in Parsoh and take the train to Peni. A special train with humanitarian aid will be provided. They will all receive special papers which basically gives them diplomatic status. They will be allowed to confiscate whatever they need to stop the virus, be it a syringe or a building. Make sure that these men say good bye to their families and make their last will before they enter the caves. It is hell down there.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Menthi, Karthos, Tekeristan Embassy
Ambassador Costin Gabor

Costin felt his blood grow cold as he paused on the stairs, pierced a thousand times as the shining eyes of those before him turned and stared at him. A wave of voices came at once, some whispering, others yelling - all washing around him! It hit like a drum, his heart beating, ears buzzing. The voices, hushed and yelled, sang the same tune. Safety.. Family.. Enough!

Costin shot a closed fist into the air, grabbing the tension in the air with a tight fist. At that very moment, every voice in the room was silenced. Silence. Costin felt his heart pump as all eyes remained on him. He tried to keep his face calm, reaching up to straighten his tie as a small bead of sweat began to fall down the side of his head. He took a breath, trying to find words.

His eyes darted between the faces looking up to him, but paused as he came across a peculiar set of bright green eyes. The jade eyes stared back at him, glistening with worry - bright with understanding. The little girl, with hair blacker than gunpowder, was clutched in the arms of her mother - something, or someone, was missing from the group of two - the mother's face darkened with desperation. Teetering on the brink, facing the abyss... Costin choked, and felt a surge go through him.. These people needed him..

"Citizens of Karthos!" he yelled into the room, voice surprisingly firm as he lifted his eyes to the crowd. "In these times of desperation & hardship, I bring forward a proposition of hope!" A candle's light began to shimmer, a little hope, however desperate, is never without worth. "We all know of the desperation that has fallen upon not only Karthos, but Menthi as a whole.." he brought his hand down, clutching them together.

"The brutality of this war has effected us all.. Whether it be the lost of a loved one.." his eyes fluttered over the girl. "Your home, your community, your very way of life & safety.. General Alvarez brings with him a new front of suffering, undeserving in combination of the cruelties his militant front alone has brought.." He took a breath, letting his thoughts soak in for just a moment.

"If we are to persevere in these times of peril & oppression, then we must take our own course of action! We all seek peace, we all seek safety - and it is within our grasp!" he pointed his clenched hand west - pointing a finger towards a distant destination. "Let us take the reigns of destiny into our own hands and seek peace! For, in the end, it is violence that falls to peace!"

His heart was racing, jumping like a startled deer. "Let us find this peace, let us find this freedom! For our Freedom March will carry us away from the shackles of General Alvarez and to the glory that is peace!"

His voice ceased, softly panting as the eyes of the startled few started back at him. Yet, a wire was spring, a vibrant light burst out in the form of cheers. Costin's eyes drift to the young girl with the jade eyes, the Zarian girl giving him a smile as for just a moment - a well needed moment - the desperation of her mother subsided to glimmering hope.

URGENT - URGENT
To: Office of Caracasus
From: Karthos Tekeristan Embassy, Costin Gabor, Tekeristan Ambassador
Subject: Humanitarian crisis
Encryption: MAX

To whom it may concern,

In the following days ahead there will be the formation of an increasingly large humanitarian crisis - in the form of refugees.

From various reliable sources throughout the city of Karthos, sections of population are planning an event called the 'Freedom March'. The March will be an attempt by those fleeing the damage & oppression of the Alvarez regime by gathering together a large collection of people to peacefully march towards the Caracasus border. I deliver this warning to give your government time to prepare & to think the situation over.

This will be, hopefully, my least sent telegram from my office. I have much work to do before my own leave from Karthos, and I intend to head to the border myself.

Hopeful regards,

Costin had to get a new office since the siege of Karthos - the old one having been converted into a nest to watch the street. This new one didn't have any windows, the bare walls of the storage room made for poor day dreaming. He sighed, re-reading the hinting message, trying to figure out how to improve it.

Was he really going to go through with this? There was a danger, more than the danger he was in right now. He turned his eyes, looking at the pile of papers & passports sat on & in the many, many boxes around his desk. He shook his head, reaching forward to click the confirmation on the message. He clicked his saved folders, clicking his music.

As the swinging tunes of a gentle classical began to whisper from the speakers of his laptop - plugged with an extension cord to a distant outlet - he reached forward and grabbed the first few of the frantically printed papers & profile. He grabbed his green rubber stamp, and pressed it down on the box.

Tekeristan helicopter conducting anti-submarine maneuvers

Following a 'strange sighting' by a Tekeristan fishing vessel in the Black Sea & increasingly tense world relations, the Republic of Tekeristan has begun wide-spread anti-submarine maneuvers in & around its internal waters in an effort to ensure the security of its borders & shore.

The Tekeristan Ministry of Defense has stated that the operations will be focused on detailing what nations are currently under-going submarine & other naval operations in the confines of the black sea and is working in cooperation with other black sea nations in order to avoid mishaps.

Already, the Tekeristan navy has positioned a pair observation craft at the Bosphorus to monitor the situation while the rest of the navy begins search exercises of the black sea in cooperation with the Tekeristan air force.

To: State of Flauc
Subject: Diplomatic ties

To whom it may concern,

With rising tensions coming from miscommunication, our Ministry will attempt to clear any false ideas or information that may be floating around at the present.

However, in the mean time, the Tekeristan ambassador - Sorin Groza - will be returning home during this time. While the end of the Nanjiwa Conference, his purpose has been achieved. We are glad that there was an oppertunity for negotiations regarding the situation on the Iberius and hope that future cooperation between its various states & peoples occur again in the near future.

The Ministry has made no claims that the Flaucese authorities have issued direct military support for the MLF. However, reports of highly sophisticated war materials, which were not present in even the Menthian military, being in the hands of the MLF is highly concerning. Your administration has, however, directly supported the Jarkan regimes through supply - all while supporting their actions against democracy & groups of people.

The Tekeristan government is well educated in what a no-fly zone is, however we oppose the Flaucese enforcement of a no fly-zone over Menthi - especially in consideration of the publicly known Maltsi-Karthos defense pact. We consider such an act as highly unnecessary & illegal, responsible for rising tensions on the Iberius even further. While we express our condolences for the lives lost in the Maltsian enforcement of their treaty, we are not surprised by the outcome. Any attempts to breach Tekeristan national airspace with military craft will result in the escort or termination of the suspect craft.

The Maltsi government had officially recognized the state of Karthos. The Republic of Tekeristan has not recognized the current Jarkan regime as the state of Menthi - considering that the nation remains an area of heavy civil strife, civil war, and oppression. Under these views, the Maltsi authorities have acted within their powers - especially in the context of a Karthos-Maltsi agreement in the past.

Your state's continued use of the word 'Zaria' in reference of the Zaria people does cede that this group of people fall under a well-established group. The Zaria people have their own language, their own developed culture, and even their own ethnic & religious background - fitting well under their own group. Our Ministry has issued its official statement regarding the Zaria people after extensive research into the background of these individuals.

Just because a particular ethnic group is more prevalent within a nation does not legitimize oppression, segregation, & harassment. Your government's continued support for the oppression of these individuals, humans, highlights the Flaucese position on human rights both internationally & domestically. While we hope that this subsides, and the Flaucese state once again supports basic human rights, our administration is forced to condemn the Flaucese state for its support of human rights abuses. The Tekeristan government will accept any Zarian people fleeing from the brutality of the Jarka regime.

The Tekeristan government will keep diplomatic channels open with the Flaucese government in the present & the future for communication & negotiation. Our government holds no responsibility for the former regime. We hope that this aggression will be quick to subside.

Regards,
Republic of Tekeristan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Menthi

Pestilence has always locked in a brutal conflict with humanity since before even its ancestors were born. While advances in modern medicine & practices has turned the tide of war, there was always one ally pestilence could rely on - chaos.

Before the Karthos conflict, the Carosian disease was carefully locked & supervised in Karthos - before the siege and invasion, there were careful quarantine zones and procedures, and doctors from a wide range of countries on site to ensure the careful monitoring, healing, & study of the disease.

This, of course, disintegrated once the first bullets were fired. Doctors were forced to return to the safety of Caracasus as their panicked patients fled from their rooms and onto the streets. The scattered artillery shells pulverized some buildings, turning infected bodies into clouds of dust & blood that filled the air and clung to the rubble. As order was lost, so was the control.

The brutality of Alvarez was well known. While the brain dead were carried off to caves, it was the draftees that spoke about the conditions in spews of gossip & intoxication. Anyone sensible, or, rather, still sensible, with the sickness knew better than to report it - for the conditions of the fabled 'choking caves' were far worse than the back alley hospitals set up by the un-qualified in desperation. Combined with the certain death sentence of not being able to work, many cases were going un-reported.

Without the careful maintenance of containment & the tight-lips of self preservation, the dangerous Carosian sickness was once again released. Now, as refugees fled towards the distant cities of Jarka, Peni, and Quoris, pestilence was once again on the offensive.
Last edited by Tekeristan on Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flauc
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Flauc » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:31 am

STATE OF FLAUC

Greetings.
If you wish to debate how the operation will go, please contact Bushido. Information regarding the peninsula and their defensive systems are being forwarded to them. You also need to know that Bushido will not automatically attack. Recon missions will be conducted to gain intelligence on the positions of the enemy.

In regards to Balagan, we are currently looking forward in creating an alliance in the Saruwa Conference that could unite Balagan, Cardulan, Flauc and Menthi. Hopefully, with diplomacy, these three nations can offer you assistance and protection. We will also attempt to lessen tensions with Parsoh. We are confident that at least Cardulan will join our efforts, as we will forward them a message: either choose Caracasus, a reluctant and a nation filled with 20th century soviet technology, or a well-advanced and firm SACTO member state.

We would like to remind that we do not know what Bushido will be using. Maybe they will be using hit-and-run, or they will be using stealth technologies. You can ask Bushido, since we, at the moment, do not care how they carry out the operation. Our main concern is if it succeeds.

We are very well informed.. and so is Bushido. We know very well that air craft can be easily detected and shot down. But it is better if an aircraft stays silent until it's destination. Once again, ask Bushido.

We have no threatened Parsoh with war. If they consider it that way, then it is their fault. Only warning them that attacking Menthi or moving troops to the border might result in additional defensive measures does not mean an threat of war.

You have to also understand that jets have a long range of weapons. If we want to talk about air-to-air missiles which is a BVR (Beyond-Visual-Range) missile, is most likely capable of engaging targets at 37km or beyond. We do not know about anti-ship missiles, but we believe that those made by Murakami have long ranges. If such an aircraft were to attack us, we believe our ships would be already sinking if we could not have deployed a Combat Air Patrol to shoot down the aircraft attacking us.

If it were just approaching us, we would commit to the common procedure. A Combat Air Patrol would take off. We would take off AWACS aircraft. We think that it would be possible to get some kind of information of their speed, altitude and shape. From that, we could probably know what plane it is and then take action. If we wouldn't then we would fire AIM-9 missiles at the aircraft, or some other type of missile. If they do not identify themselves, it is their fault. You have misinterpreted us.. Bushido will attack the aircraft belonging to Malsti. But first, they will conduct recon. We also believe that they could use electronic warfare to disable the defensive systems of Malsti or some other dangerous nations to conduct the attack. The possibilities are endless.

We will let Bushido do their thing. It depends if they can do the mission. If they can't and this results in a war with Caracasus, then we believe Menthi would loose because no supplies could come from Caracasus. However, since Parsoh does not like the communist presence, they might allow us to deliver from there. Defensive operations would ensue in Karthos and we would attempt to wipe out the Caracasusian 4th Fleet. We could even start a war in Caracasus itself, by funding pro-capitalist groups and creating organizations aiming to dispose of the Caracasusian socialist government.

The possibility of a proxy war is very real. If it comes to a point where it is needed, then we could possibly do it. It would be easily to intimidate our people to join the Armed Forces of Flauc to fight overseas. It is actually Malsti and Caracasus that have provoked us. No matter how 'hostile' or 'genocidal' or 'bad' a regime is, you simply do not mess with them if they have powerful allies. This time, they have meddled with Menthi, and Menthi has a powerful ally.

Keep in mind that Flauc is a member of SACTO and could possibly call on it's allies to help in the fight against Caracasus. SACTO is not a defensive alliance only, it is an offensive one as well. However, operations and assistance depend if countries in SACTO want to do it. Due to us already acquiring strong allies, such as the Organized States and Nihon, we believe it would be no problem to remove Caracasus from the world map if a large war were to erupt.

If Caracasus had to expect a nuclear strike, it would be no problem delivering it. We already have SRBMs stationed in Menthi. If Caracasus were to declare war, if we wanted, we could launch nuclear & chemical weapons at their cities, but this would result in the same for us, however, we believe they could possibly not be able to reach Flauc.

Flauc has nothing to worry about at it's homeland. We are surrounded by SACTO nations, and Flauc has their help and assistance if needed. Flauc does not need to worry about bomber attacks if it were to happen. Flauc does not have to worry about hostile military aircraft other than our ally aircraft next to our borders or in the airspace of Flauc. One day, we might need to forward an ultimatum to Caracasus. One day, possibly.

But for now, we hold our fingers crossed for the Bushido operations, and we hope that a war doesn't erupt, since we aren't prepared, at least, not for now. We would also like to remind that jets aren't automatically dead as rockets are launched - they can drop flares or can use other defensive countermeasures, and can maneuver to attempt.

A question must be asked - do you, General Alvarez, want to risk your relationship with Carosi and Parsoh to get back the occupied territories of Menthi?

For now, we have to wait. We hope the Saruwa Conference will yield good results.

Godspeed,
Gaimu-shō 外務省
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Watersville
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:39 am

Waters City International Airport, Waters City, Watersville

As the message came into the doctors that they had been given access to the nation, they boarded the planes and set off for Parosh International Airport. After they had arrived, they were loaded into Trains and shipped across the border with the documents that they needed. After they arrived, they moved all of those whom had been placed inside the caves across the entrance of the caves and around the caves in tents so that there was more space for privacy and so that people could be helped in a one on one atmosphere. Aid clinic 5 now just needed a name.

In an Unidentified Air Base in Flauc

Joseph simply sat by as everyone in the room ceased talking. He looked around and realized how many of the original nations that had started these talks were no longer present. Caracasus had left, Parosh's former president had died, Significance was gone, the Karthos delegation had left long ago. The only ones that were left were the delegation from Menthi, Sorin from Takeristan, the Flaucian delegates, Bellona from Cardulan, and himself. He quickly regained his thoughts as Sorin stood to speak. he was surprised to hear that he would be leaving the meetings as well. That was when the delegation from Flauc stood and announced the end of the meetings. Joseph did not speak for a few minutes before standing while many of the delegates stood around conversing. He first went up to the Flauc delegation and began talking. "I would like to thank you for having these meetings, and I believe that you have done an excellent job. We are sad to see that the end result was not peaceful, however we thank you for the great discussion that was able to take place. Thank you." After this had taken place, he quickly strode over to Bellona and thanked her for attending and to tell the queen that he had said hello and that even though he knew that she was very busy ruling the nation, he knew that she would have preferred to personally attend. He also thanked her for giving a great boost to the discussion that occurred. He then walked over and shook hands with the delegation from Menthi and talked with them for quite some time. Finally he went to talk to Sorin. He thanked him for his attendance and asked him where he was off to next. The king looked down to see that his office had booked his flight home for him and he shook hands with Sorin as they walked out to the taxi and began the drive to the airport together. Joseph had no clue what was about to occur in his own nation.

Watersville Senate, Waters City, Watersville

The discuss was very much heated, and things had taken a turn for the worse over the past several days. Party unity was at it's worst since Joseph had taken the throne, and things were expected to worsen the coming days. Ruby looked out across the now angered and fighting senate. She had asked for a closed door session of the Senate, something that had not been done in the past twenty years. She stood to speak and everyone quieted down. She was one of the kings closest advisors, and it was she that kept the party, however divided, from falling apart. She had spent the past three weeks trying to keep the nation running as a medical emergency was underway across the nation and as an economic crisis loomed on the horizon, then about a week ago, the relationship between the party President and Vice President disintegrated privately, as they each disagreed with how the party should keep the nation from falling deeper into a debt crisis. She had fortunately been able to keep the party unified for the time being, however their disagreements were becoming too much to bear. She was the most prominent and trusted person in the entire party, and many looked up to her with respect. She hoped that this would not change over the next few minutes. "Order! Order!" The room was silent now as they awaited what she said. "I have called this closed door meeting because I have important news to inform you about. But first, we must start with a recap of what has happened over the past few days. The entire railway system is shut down at the moment after the outbreak that occurred. Protests popped up in Cardinal, which remained peaceful, and Ft. Lucius where one police officer was hurt and a protestor arrested. What they were protesting, as you may have already guessed, was the economy and the situation on the Iberis Peninsula. I also regret to inform you that over the past several days, as you all already know, the fallout between party President Shawn Hook and Vice President Willard Drew have soured. As you all know, it is my duty to keep this party focused on what really is important, however I must say that this job is one that is to big for me alone. Therefore, I am sending in my resigation letter to you and will be resigning the day after special elections for every seat in congress, all 181 of them, and for my position as well. I have been informed that Mr. Hook will be starting the Capitalist Party, while Mr. Drew will be starting the Socialist party. I fully expect that many of you will switch parties, however, if you do not wish for this, I will be taking over the Pacifist Party as President and you can still run under the Pacifist Party name. This information will become public in 10 minutes after this meeting closes thank you." And with that the Senate floor went crazy with commotion as the Senators began to fight with each other even more.

Waters City Times

BREAKING: Ruby McClaw steps down as President among party infighting, party leaders to announce the formation of two new parties.

Today Ruby McClaw announced her decision to resign as president as infighting inside of the pacifist party became public today. Pacifist party president Shawn Hook is now expected to come out later today to announce the two new political parties that will be competing for the Presidential position. What is expected, however, is that the two parties will be on opposite sides of the political spectrum, i.e. One will be socialist and the other capitalist, parties. Already the nation has been divided on the topic and many protests have already begun across the country. It is expected that His Royal Highness will return home from peace negotiations in time for emergancy elections expected to occur the day after Watersville Day as the country continues to experience multiple issues ranging from the economy to this new Carosian Bacterial infection. We will keep you updated as this situation continues to develop. With the Waters City Times, I'm Scotty McHuges.

Menthi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menthi » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:15 am

DEUS LO VULT

Strategies and Tactics

I have no intention to deal with mercenaries. I love their Asian savagery and willingness to self sacrifice. This display of bravery and the acceptance of a suicide mission will strengthen your position on Iberis. Men charging right into the flames of hell without a chance of survival will tell the communists that we are dead serious about defending freedom. I am not interested in how they conduct their operations, I don’t even discuss the plans with my fellow generals. These things need to be kept secret and should only be discussed among heads of state. Bushido’s strong points are wishful thinking and the willingness to die in the attempt. This alone could lead to a successful operation. I admire your foresight of choosing mercenaries for the job. No one cares if they all die and no one can blame you for their death as they have chosen to die that way themselves.

The alliance is a very good idea. It would eliminate most of my concerns, at least if you inform your allies about your plans in advance. Again, I have no intention to discuss anything with Bushido. I don’t discuss the cleaning of my house with my servants. They are paid to do their job if they fail we hire better ones.

If you have asked yourself why Malsti has not send ground troops to defend Karthos, that’s easy to explain. They did not have the backing of Caracasus. To send ground troops they would have had either to cross Carosi or fly around the peninsular, right through the air defense of the surrounding navies. They too would have had to inform the other groups of their intentions and destinations which would have given Flauc enough time to prepare for the invasion.

I hope that you are right and Parsho does indeed interpret your threats in that way. They have a tendency to be a bit paranoid and to hold grudges but I guess you are right and they won’t feel threatened and would not engage incoming planes unless they are asked to do so.

The possibilities are not that endless. First Cardulan will pick up the pings of, let’s say, two stealth fighters en rout to attack their fleet. They will not go Enola Gay on them and decide that two fighters are a real danger. So they will radio the fighters which will not identify themselves. Next they will radio Caracasus and inform them about the fighters. Caracasus will inform the navy of Cardulan that, they too, have picked up signals of stealth fighters. They will compare the data and will realize that Caracasus has uncovered two different fighters so the total of uncovered fighters is four. The problem will remain the same. The fighters will still refuse to identify themselves. These actions are routine, they will take seconds, not minutes. With the presence of all those fleets and air forces around Iberis both Cardulan and Cracasus will contact the other militaries to avoid accidents. Cardulan will most likely contact Balagan, Flauc and Parsoh while Caracasus might speak to Significance and Malsti. Balagan will inform them that they too have picked up signals and the intruders are not responding. Flauc will deny that they have any knowledge and that those pings are probably broken scanning devices. Parsoh and Significance will agree that it is all right to shoot the planes down because they neither own nor operate them. By eliminating all other possibilities the nations involved would realize that Carosi has hired mercenaries to drop more plague bombs. They would quickly coordinate their defensive measures and would not allow Bushido to get close to land. You would even be forced to kill a few of the pilots you hired to avoid acting suspicious.

Naturally things would be much worse if cruise missiles would be used. Their launch would be detected and the region from which they were fired too. No one would tell where they are heading and all nations mentioned above would be in the area of impact. Not only would they have to shoot the missiles down before they pose a threat, they could also strike against the base from which the missiles where launched.

I have just realized that Flauc is not a sea faring nation. That’s why I ask you to discuss the plans with your admirals too. I am glad to know that Flauc relies on 60 years old technology in aerial combat. I never was a fan of this modernism. Why change what’s good and working?

I think that is a very good decision. Bushido will be perfectly able to decide how to run this operation. I have informed you about my fears and worries and you could take most of them away. I think you will be prepared to deal with whatever is coming once the mercenaries are done with their job.

I too think that we could not withstand an all out assault from Caracasus. We would have to engage in guerrilla warfare. I think in a case like that Flauc will have the upper hand. A conflict like that would not be determinate by firepower but by the willingness to act first. Caracasus is very slow if Flauc does not hesitate but tears them apart before they have finished their discussions the fourth fleet will rot at the bottom of the ocean without firing a single shot.

I believe that a proxy war can not be avoided. It might be a long and expensive one but Flauc will be victorious in the end. If you succeed in forming an anti-communist alliance in Saruwa it is possible that our enemies agree to peace.

SACTO does not have a reputation of being particularly brave or decisive. They are always very afraid, they talk a lot and they do not act. They are good guys, they very much represent the ideas and personality of General Nina. I doubt that a single one of their members would want Caracasus to bomb their cities and kill their citizens by the million over a dispute regarding a rum distillery. They love to hear themselves talk but they never act.

Indeed, airplanes are not destroyed once they are shot at. The pilots could indeed drop flares to fool the missiles, better yet Bushido pilots in their twin-deckers could use smoke grenades to make the men in the trenches believe their plane was hit and the linen is burning. That could prevent them from continuing to shoot at the air hussars. I think they should focus a bit more on this century’s technology if they want to reach Malti in their one-way mission.

I never was an adventure. Adventures bore me. I think taking risks is gambling and gambling is a sin. To be honest I think I would not be a very good field commander. I think a campaign should always take one step after the other. While we are not done with dealing with Caracasus and their allies we should not open a second front. This is my view on the situation. Sometimes you have to take a risk when you fight a war. You should not be reckless but you have to be brave.

I hope so too. I think we have discussed all the things that need to be said in detail. I can’t wait to see the men of the Bushido sacrificing themselves for the greater good. It will be a pleasure to see our enemies hide in fear and our friends bow in admiration to the great nation of Flauc. I think all the details of the plan have no be discussed enough. I am confident that in the end we will succeed.

For the NRP

General Alvarez
Last edited by Menthi on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents