NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 48 | OOC THREAD & DISCUSSION

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:15 pm

Slightly oddly, the Missus Xian song and votes had more detail because they were done rapidly on my phone so just made it up on the spot, thinking I'd get more time on my laptop with Mister X, which is much easier to do these with, but I got that woefully wrong.

The EBU have confirmed that the Brexit vote doesn't affect the UK's participation in Eurovision. Obviously. :rofl:
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:16 pm

ImageImage
Channel 2 and Connect TV, the new broadcasters for Worldvision in Bloodbath Generation

After a one-edition break, Bloodbath Generation will be returning to the Contest, now under new management. Private channel Connect TV and state-owned Channel 2 will collaborate for a multi-regional national final in the hopes to improve the nation's image after being disqualified.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:45 pm

I have so much news for Britonisea regarding the WorldVision Song Contest, I just don't know how to release it. If you're interested, check my region's news page "The Ultimate News Network"

Also, welcome BGEN. I eagerly anticipate your participation.

Mister X wrote:Slightly oddly, the Missus Xian song and votes had more detail because they were done rapidly on my phone so just made it up on the spot, thinking I'd get more time on my laptop with Mister X, which is much easier to do these with, but I got that woefully wrong.

The EBU have confirmed that the Brexit vote doesn't affect the UK's participation in Eurovision. Obviously. :rofl:

Sure it will. Scotland will leave the UK, alongside NI (which will just go back to Ireland). So, Scotland will be up against Ireland up against a nation called "England & Wales" or "Britain."
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Britonisea wrote:I have so much news for Britonisea regarding the WorldVision Song Contest, I just don't know how to release it. If you're interested, check my region's news page "The Ultimate News Network"

Mister X wrote:Slightly oddly, the Missus Xian song and votes had more detail because they were done rapidly on my phone so just made it up on the spot, thinking I'd get more time on my laptop with Mister X, which is much easier to do these with, but I got that woefully wrong.

Sure it will. Scotland will leave the UK, alongside NI (which will just go back to Ireland). So, Scotland will be up against Ireland up against a nation called "England & Wales" or "Britain."

Northern Ireland won't leave.
Scotland probably will, if the UK actually leaves the EU.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:58 pm

in lingva latina, suffragia domine X-ibvs ervnt hic...

(which I had to edit due to a formatting error)
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Britonisea wrote:I have so much news for Britonisea regarding the WorldVision Song Contest, I just don't know how to release it. If you're interested, check my region's news page "The Ultimate News Network"

If Scotland participated on their own, it'd have to be called England & Wales as Britain is the geographical name for the main island of which Scotland is a part of. If Scotland does leave, I think in Eurovision terms, the home nations should each send their own entries. We could all vote neighbourly and be the new Scandinavia!
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Voted!

Also I think hosts should remove the postcard section from their bids, I actually can't remember the last time a full set of postcards got made in this contest.

Cheongji
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheongji » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Kishrael wrote:Voted!

Also I think hosts should remove the postcard section from their bids, I actually can't remember the last time a full set of postcards got made in this contest.

Yeah, I don't really see the purpose of it.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:36 pm

I disagree. I feel like if some people wanted to complete postcards, then it would be fine to include it in the bid.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Cheongji
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheongji » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Ethane wrote:

I disagree. I feel like if some people wanted to complete postcards, then it would be fine to include it in the bid.

Yeah, but I keep questioning: What is the purpose of having these postcards?

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Ethane wrote:

It's like a country bidding for the world cup, promising 7 stadiums, then delivering 6.

Cheongji
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheongji » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Kishrael wrote:
Ethane wrote:I disagree. I feel like if some people wanted to complete postcards, then it would be fine to include it in the bid.

It's like a country bidding for the world cup, promising 7 stadiums, then delivering 6.

I mean, I wouldn't promise that at all, if I were not to show it.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:21 pm

SOUND&VISION TO CHANGE FORMAT

Sound&Vision Festival, the Anturian National Selection for WorldVision, has been plagued by controversies in the past, the most famous controversy occurred in Edition #3, when the televotes are wrongly tallied, causing FDM to miss the Super Final.

Sound&Vision will now be broadcast on Channel 7, an Anturian private station. (Although song selection is still Radiance's duty), the changes occurred are:

-The Super Final will be discarded.
-9 songs will be selected by a music expert, who collaborated with Radiance's WorldVision team, an additional song will be selected by a wildcard selection, the winner of the wildcard will compete in Sound&Vision.
-The juries will be reintroduced, the juries consist of:
'Juries in Oreo City, Ang Mo Kio, and Kuala Kangsar, giving 1-12 points to each song (a la Eurovision style)
'A Jury appointed by RADIANCE, awarding 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, and 120 points to each song.

-The televotes will be converted into points, which awards 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 120, and 144 points to each song.
-Sound&Vision will now put emphasis on better-known singers, instead of lesser-known singers.

Many people in Antahbrantahstan is happy about this change, and they hope that Antahbrantahstan will soon achieve a better place in WorldVision Song Contest.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:23 pm

I made damn sure to make postcards for every nation that completed an entry in WV36. Also kept up on linking commentary in the OP. When I choose to host, I make sure I do a good job :lol:

(WHF hosting doesn't count because usually I have no idea that I'm going to host until the winner is announced the edition before and thus I sorta throw everything together in a week, as opposed to my monthlong+ prep for WV hostings)

Edit: also explains why I rarely seriously bid for host, maybe once a year or so
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:20 am

Kishrael, read this please. Then look back at WV41. Then look at the link, then here. For my contest, I did two postcards for everyone (baring Estogiun and Britonisea, because I didn't feel like I needed to tbh), and I did 35+(35-2) postcards. Which is over 60!! And so, I, as a host, is ready and experienced to be faced with the task of doing postcards - and I can promise you a postcard edition upcoming. You can tell I am serious because I am going all out.

Kishrael wrote:
Ethane wrote:I disagree. I feel like if some people wanted to complete postcards, then it would be fine to include it in the bid.

Well...If you're Azerbaijan...

Cheongji wrote:

Yeah, but I keep questioning: What is the purpose of having these postcards?

There isn't. It's just tradition.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:43 am

Britonisea wrote:You can tell I am serious because I am going all out.

I look forward to seeing your tributes host bid and entry.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:00 am

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Britonisea wrote:You can tell I am serious because I am going all out.

I look forward to seeing your tributes host bid and entry.

I wonder if this comment is sarcastic or not...?
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:01 am

Ekoz wrote:

If Scotland participated on their own, it'd have to be called England & Wales as Britain is the geographical name for the main island of which Scotland is a part of. If Scotland does leave, I think in Eurovision terms, the home nations should each send their own entries. We could all vote neighbourly and be the new Scandinavia!

The FYR of Macedonia doesn't occupy all of Macedonia, so not necessarily.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Ekoz
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:45 am

The Sarian wrote:The FYR of Macedonia doesn't occupy all of Macedonia, so not necessarily.

It doesn't represent all of Macedonia though, 'Britain' for all purposes is England, Scotland and Wales. I'm saying this because I would prefer seperate entries. That's the only way we'll have decent entries because we'd have to qualify (more Wales & Scotland than England however)
Koniksgrand Eköses

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:52 am

Ekoz wrote:
The Sarian wrote:The FYR of Macedonia doesn't occupy all of Macedonia, so not necessarily.

It doesn't represent all of Macedonia though, 'Britain' for all purposes is England, Scotland and Wales. I'm saying this because I would prefer seperate entries. That's the only way we'll have decent entries because we'd have to qualify (more Wales & Scotland than England however)

I wouldn't mind that, to be honest.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Ekoz
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:59 am

Britonisea wrote:
Ekoz wrote:

Nor me. Perhaps the interest in the contest would more prominent in the media, especially if it was battle of the nations like the Euro's have been, or maybe I'm just being too optimistic...
Koniksgrand Eköses

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:02 am

Ekoz wrote:
Britonisea wrote:

Nor me. Perhaps the interest in the contest would more prominent in the media, especially if it was battle of the nations like the Euro's have been, or maybe I'm just being too optimistic...

No, I agree. I think the competitive drive may increase - and all the home nations may want to beat each other and show off.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:08 am

I ain't voting Scotland.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:17 am

Britonisea wrote:
Ekoz wrote:

No, I agree. I think the competitive drive may increase - and all the home nations may want to beat each other and show off.

Scotland will probably try and go all-out and hope Britain flop by comparison, just to give a big musical middle finger to them. It could also go the other way around, but I doubt the BBC would actually try that hard. They used all their good graphics for Brexit coverage.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 am

Bloodbath Generation wrote:
Britonisea wrote:

Scotland will probably try and go all-out and hope Britain flop by comparison, just to give a big musical middle finger to them. It could also go the other way around, but I doubt the BBC would actually try that hard. They used all their good graphics for Brexit coverage.

I know right.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41