NATION

PASSWORD

Council of APSIA | [APSIA Councillors Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Worris
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:15 pm

The Republic Of The Irish Polands wrote:[WARNING, THIS IS A DRAFT]
THE FORMING OF THE APSIA ISSUE MAKING SOCIETY (AIMS)

REALIZING that that issues can be fun and creative, and can be made by anyone

NOTICING that the members of APSIA have a very creative nature, and might be able to make top notch issues that people might look forward to ( the chain issue, the color issue )

CONCERNED that there is no more chained issues, and, with help, the APSIA community might be able to create a second chain issue, as well as creating more fun, enjoyable issues people like

NOTING that in many regions, people have been wishing for more chain issues, including APSIA

FURTHER NOTING that the only reason AIMS is to be formed is to create issues that will have more chance to show up as actual issues

HEREBY DECLARES

l. The forming of AIMS, an issue creating community

ll. That any APSIA member may join, no matter the size

lll. That people share there issue ideas, so it may be revised and edited, and to put more ideas in it

lV. That through joining AIMS, your idea and issue will be put under another name, but it is still your work, and will be labeled so on a list of APSIA made issues

V. That a head of the society be named and voted for. They will be the named the issue is posted under during their term, and will be responsible for any actions AIMS does

Vl. That if the head of AIMS has been inactive without reason, they will be booted and the spot for their position will be voted for once more

Vll. That each position will have a 1 month term, and the same candidate may be elected any number of times

Also format it.

Noxtrem
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Noxtrem » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:19 pm

I love this idea, but I don't think it should be an amendment. I will vote for it 100% if you make it a bill.
I occasionally do things online

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:29 pm

WARNING: THIS IS A DRAFT. Bill no. 3, on the THE FORMING OF THE APSIA ISSUE MAKING SOCIETY
[url=%POLLURL%]Vote[/url], proposal written by [nation=short]The Republic of The Irish Polands[/nation], edited by [nation=short]Worris[/nation]
ISSUE: APSIA can make issues as a group
Nations of APSIA,

NOTICING that the members of APSIA have a very creative nature, and might be able to make top notch issues that people might look forward to (the chain issue, the color issue,)

CONCERNED that there is no more chained issues, and, with help, the APSIA community might be able to create a second chain issue, as well as creating more fun, enjoyable issues people like,

NOTING that in many regions, people have been wishing for more chain issues, including APSIA,

FURTHER NOTING that the only reason AIMS is to be formed is to create issues that will have more chance to show up as actual issues,

On %DATE%, the Council of APSIA hereby declares
  1. The forming of AIMS, an issue creating community,
  2. That any APSIA member may join, no matter the size,
  3. Being in AIMS is completely voluntary,
  4. That people share there issue ideas, so it may be revised and edited, and to put more ideas in it,
  5. Creating a forum where anyone who wishes to be a part of AIMS can work on an issue,
  6. That the leader of AIMS will be voted for by the people.

Edited it and formatted it and I got rid of all of the pointless beraucracy things in it. If you want to edit it feel free.
Last edited by Worris on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:32 pm

[3][6][0]

The Republic Of The Irish Polands
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic Of The Irish Polands » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Worris wrote:
The Republic Of The Irish Polands wrote:[WARNING, THIS IS A DRAFT]
THE FORMING OF THE APSIA ISSUE MAKING SOCIETY (AIMS)

NOTICING that the members of APSIA have a very creative nature, and might be able to make top notch issues that people might look forward to ( the chain issue, the color issue )

CONCERNED that there is no more chained issues, and, with help, the APSIA community might be able to create a second chain issue, as well as creating more fun, enjoyable issues people like

NOTING that in many regions, people have been wishing for more chain issues, including APSIA

FURTHER NOTING that the only reason AIMS is to be formed is to create issues that will have more chance to show up as actual issues

HEREBY DECLARES

l. The forming of AIMS, an issue creating community

ll. That any APSIA member may join, no matter the size

lll. That people share there issue ideas, so it may be revised and edited, and to put more ideas in it

lV. That through joining AIMS, your idea and issue will be put under another name, but it is still your work, and will be labeled so on a list of APSIA made issues

V. That a head of the society be named and voted for. They will be the named the issue is posted under during their term, and will be responsible for any actions AIMS does

Vl. That if the head of AIMS has been inactive without reason, they will be booted and the spot for their position will be voted for once more

Vll. That each position will have a 1 month term, and the same candidate may be elected any number of times

I don't think this should be a proposal, make it a bill and I am all for it.

Yeah, silly of me, let's do that

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:03 pm

I'll write up some ideas and whatnot for this in a little bit but I like it.
Pro: Democracy, liberalism, equality, justice
Anti: Tyranny, demagoguery, bigotry

Walgreens
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:08 pm

I'll be all for it if the name is not AIMS. The Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards.
"Now I don't work for the money or the glory. I just work because I like building businesses." - Stefano Pessina, Walgreens CEO

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Conservative & Extremely Nationalist
Arizonan

Hendletonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hendletonia » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Agree
The casual right-wing authoritarian.
--
I don't use NS stats.
--
Check out my factbooks, they're pretty cool.
--
Trump 2016
--
Councillor of APSIA
--
Co-Chairman of the Christian Democratic Party
--
Taxation Is Theft

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic Of The Irish Polands » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:44 am

Walgreens wrote:I'll be all for it if the name is not AIMS. The Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards.

Do you have a better name? I know it isn't the best, but I get to say the society AIMS to make a better issue

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:41 am

Nationalist Gold Union wrote:I'll write up some ideas and whatnot for this in a little bit but I like it.

Ok. So here's my list of ideas:

• To submit issues, you must have 500 million population. Have no fear: I have a puppet called APSIA with over 600 million! So I propose that we use this puppet to submit our issues to the game.
  • Terms should be longer than one month. Maybe 3 or 4 months. You never know how long it could take to perfect an issue draft but it would be a pain to repeatedly re-elect the same people over and over again.
  • There's a lot of grammatical errors in this proposal, try to fix those as well.

Once these changes are implemented to the bill, I will vote yes for it. For now I have to abstain.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic Of The Irish Polands » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:00 am

Worris wrote:
WARNING: THIS IS A DRAFT. Bill no. 3, on the THE FORMING OF THE APSIA ISSUE MAKING SOCIETY
[url=%POLLURL%]Vote[/url], proposal written by [nation=short]The Republic of The Irish Polands[/nation], edited by [nation=short]Worris[/nation]
Nations of APSIA,

REALIZING that that issues can be fun and creative, and can be made by anyone with a population of over 500 million

NOTICING that the members of APSIA have a very creative nature, and may be able to make top notch issues that people can look forward to (the chain issue, the color issue,)

CONCERNED that there is no more chained issues, and, with help, the APSIA community might be able to create a second chain issue, as well as creating more fun, enjoyable issues people enjoy,

NOTING that in many regions, people have been wishing for more chain issues, including APSIA,

FURTHER NOTING that the only reason AIMS is to be formed is to create issues that will have more of a chance to show up as actual issues,

3. Being in AIMS is completely voluntary,
  4. That people share there issue ideas, so it may be revised and edited, and to put more ideas in it,
  5. That your ideas will be put under the name of APSIA,
  6. Creating a forum where anyone who wishes to be a part of AIMS can work on an issue,
  7. That the leader of AIMS will be voted for by the people, and will be given a 3 month term

Fixed, NGU? Cuze I do like it being under the name of APSIA. Selfless promotion for the region
Last edited by The Republic Of The Irish Polands on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:46 am

I feel like it shouldnt be an electoral thing its just making issues, maybe there would be no electing and anyone could do anything with this community. It seems pretty pointless to elect more people for more things. Maybe elect the first guy and keep it like that until he CTEs, and transfer it to the next guy. Voting for this is just pointless beraucracy.

Hendletonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hendletonia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 am

Worris wrote:I feel like it shouldnt be an electoral thing its just making issues, maybe there would be no electing and anyone could do anything with this community. It seems pretty pointless to elect more people for more things. Maybe elect the first guy and keep it like that until he CTEs, and transfer it to the next guy. Voting for this is just pointless beraucracy.

I agree with this.
--
I don't use NS stats.
--
--
Trump 2016
--
Councillor of APSIA
--
--
Taxation Is Theft

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 am

Don't see the point of it, but it's a yes from me.
PRO: European Union, Russia, Putin, Pan-Slavism, Vince McMahon
ANTI: Ukraine, Poroshenko, Gay Marriage, BLM
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Walgreens
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:50 am

The Republic Of The Irish Polands wrote:Do you have a better name? I know it isn't the best, but I get to say the society AIMS to make a better issue

That was the Arizona Department of Education's play on it too.
"Now I don't work for the money or the glory. I just work because I like building businesses." - Stefano Pessina, Walgreens CEO

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Arizonan

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:59 am

Walgreens wrote:
The Republic Of The Irish Polands wrote:Do you have a better name? I know it isn't the best, but I get to say the society AIMS to make a better issue

That was the Arizona Department of Education's play on it too.

Problem is, who gives a hoot about the Arizona Department of Education?
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Walgreens
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Rutthenia wrote:Problem is, who gives a hoot about the Arizona Department of Education?

9 million people, give or take.

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Arizonan

Noxtrem
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Noxtrem » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:14 pm

I'll vote for the most recent bill.

But I have other business that I need to make the Council aware of. Here is a quote from our constitution:

Councillor;

The Councillor is the lowest rank in the Council;

The Councillor is elected publicly, via multiple polls for residents only. Puppets are not allowed to vote. Councillor elections initially comprise of primaries. Any citizen of APSIA can run for the primaries of the Councillor position. There will be bi-daily primaries until there are only two candidates left. Afterwards, the two candidates will be publicly elected in a poll that lasts two days. The winning candidate is elected into the Council of APSIA and is given authority to create embassies;

After being elected a Councillor or Elder Councillor shall remain in office for six months and then must run for re-election,

This is the only reference to "Elder Councillor" in the whole constitution. I notice that Vanavoy is of this rank, But there is no definitive purpose Of this rank (that is listed), And the rules of this rank aren't clearly stated (except for the clause that I quoted).

I would furthermore like to put forth a movement to finally do away with the "Elder Councillor" rank, And remove it from the constitution.

I will (of course) vote yes, On this.
I occasionally do things online

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Noxtrem wrote:I'll vote for the most recent bill.

But I have other business that I need to make the Council aware of. Here is a quote from our constitution:

Councillor;

The Councillor is elected publicly, via multiple polls for residents only. Puppets are not allowed to vote. Councillor elections initially comprise of primaries. Any citizen of APSIA can run for the primaries of the Councillor position. There will be bi-daily primaries until there are only two candidates left. Afterwards, the two candidates will be publicly elected in a poll that lasts two days. The winning candidate is elected into the Council of APSIA and is given authority to create embassies;

After being elected a Councillor or Elder Councillor shall remain in office for six months and then must run for re-election,

This is the only reference to "Elder Councillor" in the whole constitution. I notice that Vanavoy is of this rank, But there is no definitive purpose Of this rank (that is listed), And the rules of this rank aren't clearly stated (except for the clause that I quoted).

I would furthermore like to put forth a movement to finally do away with the "Elder Councillor" rank, And remove it from the constitution.

It's a Yes from me.

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:44 pm

Councillor;

I included this part because I didn't want to make Vanavoy exempt from term limits simply because he isn't a normal councillor. However I do support this notion.

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:58 pm

[url=%POLLURL%]Vote[/url], proposal written by [nation=short]The Republic of The Irish Polands[/nation], edited by [nation=short]Worris[/nation] and [nation=short]Nationalist Gold Union]
Nations of APSIA,

DEFINING an "issue" as the four-times-a-day dillemas that a nation is face with in this section of the NationStates website

REALIZING that that issues can be fun and creative, and can be written by anybody

NOTICING that the members of APSIA have a very creative nature, and might be able to make top notch issues that people might look forward to (the chain issue, the color issue,)

CONCERNED that there is only one chained issue (International Incident), and, with help, the APSIA Community might be able to create a second chain issue, as well as creating more fun, enjoyable issues people like,

FURTHER NOTING that the only reason AIMS is to be formed is to create issues that will have more chance to show up as actual issues,

3. That being in AIMS is completely voluntary,
  4. That people share there ideas for issues, so they may be revised and edited,
  5. That a forum thread is created where anyone who wishes to be a part of AIMS can work on issues,
  6. That complete drafts will be submitted to the game via the APSIA puppet, so that if the issue makes it into the game it will be credited under the name of APSIA,
  7. That the leader of AIMS will be voted for by the people of APSIA and serve a 6 month term limit.

My edits.

Walgreens
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 pm

All in, we ain't quittin' 'till we get there. I thought we were going to do this a long time ago...

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Arizonan

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic Of The Irish Polands » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Councillor;

That's fair. I'll say yes to that

Hendletonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hendletonia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Nationalist Gold Union wrote:
[url=%POLLURL%]Vote[/url], proposal written by [nation=short]The Republic of The Irish Polands[/nation], edited by [nation=short]Worris[/nation] and [nation=short]Nationalist Gold Union]
Nations of APSIA,

DEFINING an "issue" as the four-times-a-day dillemas that a nation is face with in this section of the NationStates website

REALIZING that that issues can be fun and creative, and can be written by anybody

CONCERNED that there is only one chained issue (International Incident), and, with help, the APSIA Community might be able to create a second chain issue, as well as creating more fun, enjoyable issues people like,

5. That a forum thread is created where anyone who wishes to be a part of AIMS can work on issues,
  6. That complete drafts will be submitted to the game via the APSIA puppet, so that if the issue makes it into the game it will be credited under the name of APSIA,
  7. That the leader of AIMS will be voted for by the people of APSIA and serve a 6 month term limit.

My edits.

Councillor;

Yes and yes.
--
I don't use NS stats.
--
--
Trump 2016
--
Councillor of APSIA
--
--
Taxation Is Theft

Vanavoy
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanavoy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Nationalist Gold Union wrote:
Nations of APSIA,

My edits.

Agree

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates