NATION

PASSWORD

Help Us Polarize [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Jedorian Order of Battle

submitted by
Colonel Josiah Adoraim

1.The New Edomite Navy Compared with the Jedorian Navy
The main fleet: three aircraft carriers, three amphibious assault craft, eight transport docks, 12 cruisers, 44 frigates, 28 destroyers, 39 corvettes, 7 nuclear attack subs, 35 diesel-electric (although she was told some might be sold to the Chacoans), 2 SSGNs, one arsenal ship, 4 helicopter patrol vessels, and eight oilers.

Comparison:
1 supercarrier and four light carriers to 3 Jedorian carriers
12 amphibious ships vs 11 amphibious ships
15 cruisers vs. 12 cruisers
12 destroyers vs 28 destroyers
50 frigates vs. 44 frigates
10 corvettes plus 20 patrol ships vs 39 corvettes and 4 helicopter patrol vessels
6 arsenal ships vs one arsenal ship
18 submarines vs. 46 submarines

‘One definite edge I believe we have is our Naval Air Station system, which gives us a tacitcal reserve force which are distributed throughout each province:
Naval Aviation:
- 300 x Terrier VSTOL Multi Role Fighters
- 36 x LY910 Shadowhawk Stealth Air Superiority Fighters
- 48 x Ly909 Sparrowhawk Multi Role Fighters
- 70 x TH-300 Sea Lakota Multi Role Helicopters
- 24 x Blackfly UAVs
- 30 x CFHQN-1 Kite UAVs
- 80 x S2 Schiebel 100 Kite Drones
- 12 x P20 Maritime Patrol Aircraft

2. The Southern Border
Southern Security Force: consisted of a Tempesta-class helicopter patrol vessel, like a mini-LHD capable of carrying a handful of utility helicopters for search and rescue, three Minverva-class corvettes, the Purity of Spirit, Promised Revelation, and the Valorous Salvation. A single Type 212 diesel-electric submarine also served as a patrol vessel. The Jedorian Coast Guard operated a handful of patrol boats and search and rescue helicopters scattered about a few small dock facilities along the coast to maximize efficiency.

Peregrino: The Island-class carrier CNS Charum Hakkor was supported by two John-III Class cruisers, the Reborn Hero and the Stars Everlasting, along with two General Maccabee-class frigates, the Trust and Faith and Guardian of Peace, two FREMM-class frigates, the Tapae and the Larissa, along with two destroyers, Redeemer of Sins and the Unyielding. Four Corvettes, five Type-212 Submarines and 2 nuclear attack submarines were also stationed there.

The Army

There are 21 mechanized infantry divisions, 4 tank divisions, 2 cavalry divisions, 1 airborne division, 1 air assault division, and 1 mountain division. 600,000 personnel were subdivided into those 30 divisions, while the left over 100,000 handled administrative, training, civil affairs, and installation security. There are 30 army bases scattered about Jedoria in just about every province (except Luxor), and total firepower amounted to about 5,300 tanks, 7,000 artillery pieces, and 3,000 attack and utility helicopters. The Army was by far the largest branch and currently the most deployed. The 17th Mechanized was in Chaco and Ashab, having partaken in the civil war there, and the 28th, 7th, 12th, 14th Mechanized and 33rd Cavalry were in New Othman.

The Army Reserve was organized differently from the active duty Army. 56 reserve divisions of two types, Mechanized Infantry and Tank, were organized into 14 Operational Reserve Groups of 4 divisions each, 3 mechanized and 1 tank. Reserve divisions were noticeably smaller than active ones, sometimes just half, ranging from 10,000 to 12,000 personnel. There were 42 mechanized infantry divisions and 14 tank divisions total, spread out in strategic locations across the Confederation, and made use of training depots and storage facilities scattered across Jedoria.

By comparison, the New Edomite Army consists of:
2x Armoured Division, 1 x Marine Infantry Division, 1 x Airborne Division, 1 x Mounted Light Infantry Division, 8x Mechanized Division
3 x Artillery Division, 2 x Special Forces Regiment, 1 x Military Police Corps (20 regiments), 1 x Logistics and Supply Corps (24 regiments)
1 x Signals Corps (9 regiments), 1 x Engineer Corps (11 regiments)1 x Intelligence Corps (5 regiments)
Active service troops consist of 429,559 personnel and 540,761 reservists. Heavy equipment consists of: 1,900 tanks, 1009 TH-300 helicopters
610 Attack Helicopters, 2004 self propelled artillery pieces.

4. the Confederate Air Force

The CAF operates a total of 618 fighter aircraft, 56 strategic bombers, 55 AWACS and Early Warning birds, 90 refuelers, and 320 transport aircraft. The Air Force was arguably the most technologically advanced of the branches, fielding Dassault Rafales, Tu-160 bombers, Saab 2000s, and a host of other interceptors, transports and bombers. The entire fleet soaked up a huge amount of the budget and Cernea was vaguely aware of plans to cut costs by standardizing the whole field. There were a few ways of doing it, namely the Confederation pursued aircraft they could specifically mass produce without sacrificing too much funding or quality, and nearly all radar and avionics systems were augmented to be roughly similar so to ease production.

The Air Force Reserve consisted of a number of smaller airfields scattered over the Confederation. She didn't have the complete numbers but knew they weren't the top of line stuff; F-4s, F-5s, Mirage 2000s formed the bulk of their small fleet.

By contrast our Air Force consists of:
- 340 fighter aircraft
- 15 strategic bombers
- 50 refueling planes
- 208 transport aircraft
- 132 helicopters
- 16 Early Warning Aircraft
- 8 AWACs
- 60 x Blackfly-MU UAVs
- 80 x Blackfly-GAU UAVs
- 60 x Schiebel CamCopter UAVs
- 6 satellites
- 24 cubesats

With our withdrawal of forces from Dengali and Damoclea and Hutanjia, we are far less weakened and stertched thin, but we cannot match the 2:1 odds from their ground forces which are formidable. And of course these numbers are somewhat deceptive--they have forces in New Othman, we have forces in Arcologia and Delvian States. But what happened back in the 1970s is unlikely to ever happen again, at least not so quickly. We must not underestimate them. [/box]
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:05 am

The Caragiale Household

Max said, "Alina...of course it's dangerous. Of course. But I believe that we must face our dangers together. I realize there is much to fear, but I think that love will lift us up where we belong. I know that people say that they've had enough of silly love songs, but I look around me and I see it isn't so. I want to fill the world with silly loves songs about you...what's wrong with that? I'd like to know."

"Let's be heroes just for one day, Alina. Marry me. We can steal time if just for one day. Because I will always love you."

He smiled and kissed her hand. "I hope you don't mind I can't put down in words how wonderful life is now you're in the world."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Jedoria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:56 am

The Caragiale Household

Alina peered into Max's eyes and couldn't hide the feelings that shined in her own. The week had been a hellish one, but right now with all that still ringing in her ears and this handsome man in front of her, she found herself unable to say no. She took both his hands in her own and leaned forward on her tiptoes to brush her lips with his, before pressing further into a sweeter kiss. She took a deep breath before closing her eyes and saying "Yes, yes I'll marry you Max Sharra."

She couldn't hide her smile as she leaned in for another kiss, embracing her now fiance. "Yes, I'll marry you, and we'll write our own songs for the rest of our lives together."
“We were all of us cogs in a great machine which sometimes rolled forward, nobody knew where, sometimes backwards, nobody knew why.”
― Ernst Toller

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:04 am

Fake you out

Constantin Zaharia and Victor Răceanu had little in common in terms of appearance. Victor had been a bulky fellow, very strong, large and thick biceps, broad shoulders, a youthful face with chestnut hair, big arms and legs courtesy of being a habitual weight lifter. Zaharia on the other hand was fairly averagely built, with an overall athletic appearance, with a rugged and angled face. An elongated scar ran from his forehead over his brow and to his cheek, ending roughly on the same level as his nose did. He was clean shaven like Victor, but unlike the former, the new Duke has short, close cropped dark hair. Zaharia like Răceanu was a father, of triplets in fact.

Zaharia had been Minister of Information and Communication prior to his ascension to the head of the Executive branch. That post was now taken over by Lucian Morar, in one of Zaharia's first acts as Duke was to fill the slots left open by the events of last week. For now Dragomir Rotaru, the normal Minister of Defense, was now acting foreign minister. Zaharia felt like he was the right choice even if Rotaru insisted he was only a mildly traveled individual. Filling the other slots wasn't too difficult.

Grigore Oprea was Zaharia's choice for Minister of Regional Development and Public Administration. Oprea had been on Caragiale's staff, but unlike the late Sebastian, Grigore was a nationalist, and thus fit the mold very well, at least for the new government. Zaharia and the others he was in coordination with had done their work to ensure that the new government was very much a unified front. Anything else and they were doomed to fall apart. But not this time.

It was the first official meeting of the new Duke and his cabinet, although many discussions had been had between various ministers and the Duke himself, this was the first time they were all in the same room together. Zaharia sat at the head of the table, as was custom, the cracked glass top still present from where Victor Răceanu had left his final mark on Jedoria. Zaharia had declined to have it replaced, for the time being. Field Marshall Cernea, acting Foreign Minister Dragomir Rotaru, Internal Affairs Minister Otilia Țurcanu, all sat near him, while around the table the rest of the cabinet ministers sat. Natalia Bodiu of International Commerce, Daniel Ghimpu of the Economy, Florin Pătrașcu of the Environment, Grigore Oprea, Monica Oprescu of Industrial Development, Haralamb Rusu of Culture, Adriana Niculescu of the Ministry of Justice, Lucian Morar, Vintilă Negoiţescu of National Education, Dumitru Sârbu of Health, Romulus Minovici of Agriculture, Silvia Stoenscu of Labor, Iordan Filotti of Energy, Stelian Rudeanu of Finance, Joseph Tavitian of Immigration, and last but not least, Cristina Văduva of Land Management and Services. The vast majority were nationalists, a few Moderates and independents were sprinkled in, largely confined to non-partisan ministries where their idoological deviations wouldn't prove much of an issue.

Zaharia leaned back in his seat slightly, relaxing into the chair he was likely going to occupy many times for the foreseeable future. That was the plan, at least. Turning to the Minister of Internal Affairs, he asked her "What developments have you made?"

Otilia Țurcanu wasn't an unattractive women by any means, but she also seemed to wear a serious look on her face. Combined with her sharp features and steely eyes, she looked like she was constantly facing down one obstacle after another. "We're continuing normal operations as far as we've been doing. Olsogovic has implemented some alterations to procedure and protocol to prevent more leaks and falsifications. At this rate, however, our biggest concern remains Christian elements. They could, in theory, requisition support from foreign powers that could use it as justification for further interference in our affairs."

"That is true, yes, so I believe I am correct in saying that our most principle course of action will be the confirmation to foreign observers that everything this government undertakes is perfectly legal as defined by not only the Domestic Security Act, but other laws as well." Dragomir Rotaru pointed out.

Adriana Niculescu, the Minister of Justice, spoke up from her seat. "I don't believe the issue we're facing is one of legality, at least in the broad sense, or at least from a foreign perspective. This country has every right to ensure the enforcement of our own laws. It's the natural right of any nation state."

"Of course." Rotaru agreed. "However the issue comes from other nations in this region finding direct fault with the DSA itself."

"Are we to bow to foreign influence now?" Haralamb Rusu spoke up. "Who cares what the infidels think of our laws? This is Jedoria, not Adiron or New Edom."

"You won't find any disagreement on that from me, Minister." Rotaru said respectively. "But there's already a great deal of concern floating around within our homeland. The prospect of foreign support for these causes may only incense some of these left wing and Christian radicals."

"That could get out of hand very quickly. Before long we could have dozens of spies from all across the region without our borders, if they decide to infiltrate and covertly support these groups." Joseph Tavitian, Minister of Immigration, warned.

"Yes, but any cases of domestic activists cooperating with agents of espionage in Jedoria is a severe crime." Țurcanu replied. "In all cases, Internal Security will be the determining agency."

Rotaru nodded. "We are best to leave such concerns to the appropriate parties. Nevertheless, I suggest we seek new initiatives that could further help throw off interest in our affairs."

"Like what?" Natalia Bodiu asked. "Are you suggesting we stoke the flames of some other regional crisis?"

"On the contrary dear friend." Rotaru replied. "Great change can only come from within. We must alter this perception that we are operating on some kind of crusade against minority groups, but rather we are reacting to what was in truth a horrifying terrorist attack, and what seems to be an increasingly violent world. Therefore, I believe it is the duty of this government to take charge of the situation and present ourselves not as oppressors or power hungry fascists, but rather as noble patriots attempting to make our homeland safe and secure for future generations."

"And how do you propose we go about it?" Zaharia asked the Foreign Minister.

Rotaru tapped his chin thoughtfully. "I have several proposals, but seeing as my assigned task is to deal with foreign nations, my ideas are limited in nature. We must come up with some sort of plan of action that shows we are not simply arresting thousands of people at whim. We are a democracy after all, we do answer to the people, and a great deal of the people are concerned."

"And a great deal of people can be persuaded rather easily as long as you say the right things." Zaharia concluded. "I will meet with the Reverend Vlaicu and discuss the protests."

There was a murmur of confusion across the table. Rusu was the first to speak up. "You're honestly going to meet with that cretin?"

"Of course." Zaharia answered calmly. "Whether or not he is a cretin, he has rallied many to his cause. Ignoring him could prove fatal."

"There are other ways to deal with him." Țurcanu said quietly.

Zaharia nodded, but said "Ways which are sure to arouse suspicion given recent events. As a single incident it may not account to much, but when taken as apart of the whole, it's another problem entirely."

Turning back to Rotaru, Zaharia asked "Now, what of your proposals?"
“We were all of us cogs in a great machine which sometimes rolled forward, nobody knew where, sometimes backwards, nobody knew why.”
― Ernst Toller

Hostillia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hostillia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:53 am

The Central Gardens,
The Forbidden Palace, Shengjing

Shengjing was pleasant this time of year, the cities at the foot of the mountain generally backed under the glaring hot sun, but up at the peak of the mountain all was cool. The large moat which surrounded the Forbidden Palace, the waters as clear as glass, and the countless fountains and ponds and pools sprinkled within the Palace’s foreboding walls all served to ensure a nice, cool temperature despite the summer season. Once upon a time, the gardens had been the pride of many great Emperors, though the current manifestation of the Son of Heaven preferred to keep himself busy with his new Empress. In a true change of pace, he had even decided to issue some orders without any prompting- something Tu was glad for. The Emperor had demanded nine thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine temples be built in the nine months preceding the birth of his first child with the new Empress. The money he was using had originally been slotted for use for modernization programs, but Tu didn’t have the same stamina he used to have and it was good to see the Imperial Deity taking an active role in the government of his kingdom, even if only a small role.

“Not much longer now I think,” Tu offered to the two men quietly, Bao Song and Dong Sung, his closest allies in all the world. His voice was so soft that the two men barely heard it- when he was younger, Tu spoke with an infectious optimism that compelled men to lean in close when he spoke. These days they were forced to lean in just to hear the rough and raspy croak of the Imperial Viceroy. Funny how much time changed things. “We’re discuss-“ Tu interrupted himself, doubling over with loud, heaving coughs that shook him to the bone. He was glad he was sitting as he knew he would have fallen had he been standing, even now he had to steady himself by putting one arm out on the bench, holding himself up. He turned to the plants and spat, a mixture of mucus and blood rocketing from his lips and landing amongst the gentle pink flowers; he had lost his ability to respect decorum some months ago.

“The Jedorian matter,” Bao responded, extended Tu a little mercy. The Viceroy was glad he did not need to summon the effort to speak again so soon. “Honorable Scholar,” the soldier said politely to the older man sitting next to him, “you said we had received a communique from the new government discussing the matter.”

“Indeed I did,” Dong was a naturally cheerful man it seemed, his round face offering a calming, serene smile as he spoke, “naturally, I extended them all them all the typical condolences and assured them that we were ready to honor our various commitments to them should they require us.” He leaned back, “and I told them that all here grieve their loss,” at this the Viceroy nodded. He had been too ill these past few days to stay updated on current events. He only knew what the brief report told him about the situation in Jedoria. “Now at this critical juncture, I think we would be wise to…” his voice trailed off as Tu shifted and coughed for a moment.

“The song bird waits for the rays of the morn…” he coughed again, the pain in his stomach and the burning in his lungs threatening to bring tears to his eyes, he blinked a few times to be certain he was still stoic, but he hadn’t the energy to complete the metaphor. His point was effectively communicated. The two men became silent, Dong sipping on his tea and Bao staring off as he was prone to do. Tu could recognize the look at once, it was one that had crossed his own face many times when he was a younger man. That was what it looked like when a young man imagined a better world. He smiled. Bao had always been an honorable man.

“Honorable Viceroy, Heavenly Commander,” the voice was sharp, strong, and young. It spoke with a natural authority and yet also the softness of certainty, the traits of a man accustomed to being heard and obeyed, a man who had no need for shouting. Tu glanced at the man, the youngest in the group. But his face was strong and chiseled, responsibility had aged him over the years. The Scholar shifted uncomfortably at his arrival. This man was unnatural in the serenity of the gardens. He wore a mao suit, impeccably white, buttoned with buttons hand crafted of genuine gold. The characters “Jin” and “Bei” etched into the metal. On either side of his collar, a golden lotus flower was pinned, where his shoulders met the collarbone there were five stars on each arm, indicating rank. On his head sat a white peaked cap, the brim in black which complimented the impossibly black and carefully polished shine of his boots. Upon the cap was a golden dragon curling in on itself to form a circle, in the center of witch lay a single a lotus flower which was formed from the mythical beast’s flames. The man stood, incredibly still as if a statue, his white gloved hand held in a salute to the three sitting men.

“General Wei,” Bao said coolly, “welcome.” The two men stared at each other for a few seconds that seemed to pass like hours before Wei’s face finally broke into a charming smile that generally put even his most ardent opponents at ease. But not Bao. His face remained stoic, almost aloof, but his eyes still sharply present. The younger man, Wei, approached and offered the group a low bow. “Please,” Bao said with a kind tone that was not reflected by the suspicion in his eyes, “join us.”

“Thank you Heavenly Commander, I pleasure I assure you.” The Scholar chuckled comfortably, the General spoke with an accent that immediately exposed him for what he was- a city dweller. The Beihe accent was instantly recognizable to any true Han, it lacked the nice flowing tones, the melody, and the beauty that was characteristic of the Han language. It was rather rough on the ears. “I apologize sincerely if I have postponed our meeting,” he said perfectly aware that he had been precisely punctual.

“General, we’re discussing the Jedoria situation.” Tu said willing himself not to cough. Heavens he was tired.

“Ah of course,” Wei’s face seemed to have a permanent essence of good humor when he smiled, and his voice even on this sensitive subject seemed filled to the brim with an ease that could charm snakes, “the High Command…” he thought he saw a flicker on Bao’s face and amended, “the Jin Bei High Command, rather, has been receiving hourly updates on the situation on the ground. There are several officers receiving training in aeronautics in the Confederation at the moment,” he offered for explanation. “Obviously we haven’t any contacts within the administration itself, but the people on the ground seem to be nervous, uncertain. Of course, that is only natural.” He nodded towards Dong, “of course, I have no doubt that I am simply repeating what you already know, I can only imagine how… developed the Vice-regal network is in a country as close by as the Confederation.”

“Yes, yes,” Dong repeated, taking a sip from his tea to hide his the thin line that had become his lips. He struggled to comprehend what precisely the young man meant when he spoke of ‘networks’ and ‘contacts’ there were no Han in the Confederation really. And the Dukes had always supplied him plenty of information, from above. What good was the word of some commoners? “Our networks are as mature as the grandest tree in a forest, resting next to the most abundant stream.”

“There can be no doubt…” Wei replied coyly as he accepted a cup of hot tea offered by one of the many slave girls that provided the nobility visiting the Palace with the creature comforts which made life bearable, “thank you sweetheart, I appreciate it,” he said to her, causing her to blush and scamper off. The other men exchanged uncomfortable glances. City dwellers. All too comfortable with the lower classes.

“We are gathered to discuss the proper response to the Duke’s recent passing.”

“Of course,” Wei responded, “the Duke is dead; long live the Duke.” He raised his glass of tea in mocking salute, armed with that same smile, before taking a drink.

“There are allegations that Jedoria is persecuting minorities, specifically Christians, it is possible this will only accelerate under the leadership of a new Duke. We must be careful how we position ourselves in the world these days, we must maintain our friendship with the Confederation without becoming the adversary to the region more broadly.” Bao’s words were simple, but his voice was deep and came with an authority that had been inherited, coursing in his veins was thousands of years of aristocracy which had evolved and refined itself to produce the man who now spoke. “Cautious steps, but steps nonetheless, must be taken.”

“You are wise Bao,” Dong added, “but we must always be cautious of stepping too far out of the salvation of our mountains. The world is a cruel place for the Enlightened.” He could see in Bao’s face that they were destined to disagree on the matter, Tu was a cautious leader who thought some outside influence might be good for the Middle Kingdom and would allow them to prosper, but Bao was a young man who- after a worrying close relationship with a barbarian had become increasingly convinced that the future of Hostillia lay beyond its borders rather than within. It was ironic, Dong, who had once been the strongest voice for opening up the country, had suddenly become the leading proponent for caution in their interactions with the outsiders. He never meant for things to move as quickly as they had. “We made many agreements with Jedoria, some of which we honored more than we did others.” He took a drink of tea, “this proves they are unstable- prone to fighting like all barbarous peoples. We must recall our mission in the world is to reach out to them, but not until they are ready to receive our culture. I think these past few months suggest Jedoria is ultimately still a very young child who needs times and space to mature.” Another drink. “Let us consider… using this as an opportunity to disentangle ourselves somewhat from these people.”

The two men looked to Tu who had only had half his attention to give to the matter, the rest focused on staying awake and sitting up straight and, most importantly, his breathing. Slow, full breaths that were measured and calm. Anything else and he risked a coughing fit. Not in front of an outsider. His eyes turned to look to the young General and he did not speak. Thankfully, this was alone sufficient prompting for the officer.

“If I may be frank gentlemen,” the man said as he leaned forward, setting his cup of tea down on the bench beside him, “we know very little about this new Duke. He had some menial task prior to his ascension yes? Minister of Communications or some position equally forgettable,” he leaned back and raised his hands, as if to suggest what he was going to suggest was the only natural course of action, “why don’t we get to know him?” He paused, for a moment, crossing his legs which made all three of the rural Han very confused for a moment, “we can send him another letter, repeating our condolences. We can offer our services and say that we’d like very much for the man to meet with a representative of ours in the near future but understand that he’s very busy leading his country at this critical time.” He shrugged, “honestly, Jedoria has been critical to the military modernization programs the Jin Bei has been orchestrating, and I think severing ties will only serve to weaken us globally.”

Bao leaned back and took another drink, careful not to be pulled in by the man’s air of confidence, he wished he could disagree, but the logic was sound and essentially what he would have recommended himself. He just wished his ally had taken the form of another man. A man more trustworthy. But a man had to work with what the Ancestors provided, “a reasonable course. We appreciate your input,” he glanced at Tu- the two had known each other long enough that verbal communication was not always a necessity, “you’re dismissed.”

“Of course sir,” Wei responded, rising immediately to attention and offering a stiff salute. It was good to be the Heavenly Commander. The man bowed deeply before the two before walking backwards a distance, out of eyesight.

“Dong,” Tu spoke, his voice still weak despite the time to recover, “please draft a letter in line with the General’s proposal.” It was clear to the Viceroy that Dong disliked this order, but tradition and honor kept him from objecting, instead he bowed and left. “Bao...” his voice was soft, just above a whisper, he didn’t need to complete the sentence and Bao was at his arm, helping him to stand. It had been this way for a while now, every day it seemed more and more of his once immense strength was drained from him. Bao was careful to have the Dragon Guard clear certain routes around the Palace, allowing the Viceroy to move about it with assistance but without fear of being spotted so weak.

“Viceroy,” the Heavenly Commander spoke softly, his voice gentle to the old man, “why have you been inviting… that man,” he said the word making only the minimal effort to hide his displeasure with the individual, “he…”

“I have never left Hostillia,” Tu said interrupting him. He sighed as he put more weight on Bao’s support and continued to shuffle slowly down the beautiful paths towards a tea house where he could rest for a few hours.

“Nor I,” the Heavenly Commander responded.

“Precisely,” he said with finality, “few of us have, but Wei has left the Empire. He has lived and studied beyond the Middle Kingdom, he was born and raised in the most modern city in the Empire, he can understand these people like few others can.” He nodded, thankful that he was near the tea house now. “He can be of great use to you when I am gone.”

“Viceroy,” Bao said suddenly, he recoiled as if he had bene struck, “do not speak of such things, it brings unwholesome spirits.” He shook his head, “you will be fine, you are ill now, but you will be fine.”

“No,” he countered, “I have stopped consuming the elixir of life. It is clear the Heavens do not wish me to be immortal, I submit myself to their wisdom and will. Eventually I will pass on,” he stopped and looked into Bao’s eyes, tender in this moment, their deep brown seem to swirl with emotion his friend did not bother to hide at the conversation, “and when that happens, you will have to take up my place. It will require that you work with those you do not like, but do not let personal feelings get in the way of your duty. To your family. To the Empire. To the Son of Heaven. Please Bao,” Tu’s voice was now a faint whisper, almost that of a dying man, “promise me. Do not let the Empire fall.”

“Tu, this conversation is entirely premature.”

“Promise me.” His words were stronger than they’d been all morning. Resolved. His eyes hard and yet pleading.

“Oh my honor,” Tu nodded at this and continued to shuffle the last few feet towards the respite, “but know…”

“I tire of this discussion,” the Viceroy responded, “I will rest now.”

Bao stood back and bowed low to the man who clung to the bannister and wall as he made his way inside.

To: Acting Foreign Minister Dragomir Rotaru

It is aid that if one folds a million paper lilies, they may beg the Heavens to return a man who has moved on too early. I have included a shipment of precisely that many folded lilies, a small mark of the shared pain that all Enlightened people feel at the loss of your Duke. Also being transported to Jedoria is a hose carved from jade, we hope that this may serve as a memorial for your Duke to the living, and that it may be a trusty steed for your fallen leader in the world after.

The Middle Kingdom would like to use this opportunity to extend to you our fullest support. We understand that at this difficult intersection, it will be necessary for your government to make challenging choices as to who to observe and prosecute for these terrible actions. You have our support as you navigate this matter. We will not be persuaded that you are targeting any group unjustly, and understand that as a legitimate government you would never act outside the realm of legality nor morality.

We also would like to assure you of our commitment to the agreements that were created between our Viceroy Tu Bei and your late Duke, Victor Răceanu. Furthermore, in an effort to demonstrate our unity with your government to the international community as well as a sign of solidarity to the dastardly villains who have brought about this tragedy, we are also willing to further our relations. We will entertain further diplomatic discussions. We are also willing to do act on any requests you may have of us in this trying time which fall under our previously agreed upon treaties. In recognition of our Harmonious Friendship we are also willing to commit some resources to your fight against extremism in Jedoria should your government request this.

While we understand that your government is currently quite occupied by its many duties in this difficult time, we would like to request that your new Duke, the Honorable Constantin Zaharia, would meet with an appointed representative of the Most Divine Empire at his earliest convenience. Our governments must learn to recognize each other if we are to continue on as comrades in these challenging days.

Ten Thousand Years to the Emperor
Dong Sung, Imperial Scholar
"A book is never a masterpiece: it becomes one. Genius is the talent of a dead man." - Carl Sandburg

New Othman
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby New Othman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:52 am

To: Foreign Minister Dragomir Rotaru
Re: New Leadership
Encryption: High

Effendi,

Allow us to offer our sincere condolences to the people and nation of the Confederation of Jedoria, our worthy ally, who have suffered so much in the losses of the late, lamented Duke Victor Raceanu and Foreign Minister Andrei Paler. Also, allow us to express our gratitude for your strong partnership with us as an ally against the radical terrorist insurgency threatening to cripple our nation and overthrow the Republic. While the CPO and our former enemies insisted upon creating an Othmani democracy, they have been woefully inactive in providing effective aid, whereas you have helped to stabilize it.

Just yesterday, thanks to your support in the DMZ alleviating pressure elsewhere on the Regular Army, the Army was able to seize the largest illegal arms cache in Othmani history, valued at 42 million NSD, thus essentially neutering the central region cells of the VOA organization. For all practical purposes, the VOA does not exist in the country's hinterland anymore. It is now largely an underground with two wings and no center. Already, our agents are gathering confessions and mopping up the VOA's remnants in the interior. Your assistance, martial-law, and the leadership of General Borek have achieved this.

That being said, there are regrettably some in my own party and in the Democratic Union opposition party who have expressed worries that the human rights of dissidents in Jedoria are being frequently violated and there was possible illegal regime change. Naturally, I do not believe such propaganda against our good friends in Jedoria and I have urged them to discontinue their rhetoric until they get all of the facts. Whatever the differences in the nature of our democracies, we are both free nations living in liberal democratic societies with openness and pluralism, right? Perhaps if your Ambassador cared to confer with key representatives of the Grand National Assembly to clarify this, we would all breathe a sigh of relief and get back to the business of restoring law and order to this nation. This government has every confidence in our ally, Jedoria, the one true friend that we have in this region.

Sincerely,
Ertan Konca, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by New Othman on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is high time for ballots, and not bullets. For bread and butter, not tanks treading on foreign streets. For reform, for schools, for more police on the beat, instead of building up a massive war machine used only to bully our neighbors. The only armed forces that the new New Othman needs are those which defend the nation itself from aggression. We don't need the trillions that we used to spend for that." - Udan Varcar

"Radical feminism in the west is less about womens liberation (and that's fair - women in the west have been largely liberated after all), and more about authoritarian thought policing." - Hirota

"The function of our social services is to discourage sedition." - Premier Bayazid Izmirek, 2005

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:57 pm

ANBC South Acheron Office
Avantine, Novitera

ANBC South Acheron had received word from the main office back in Adiron to get on the Jedoria story. They had a list of Jedorian activists to touch base with while Internal Security tried to control the information going in and out of the country. Mathias Vanderberg jumped on the Jedoria story. He privately told some of his friends that he felt in his gut that something terrible was going to happen. Though clean-shaven, he had a thick mop of dirty blond hair, an almost scrawny build, and a rather prominent nose. His managing editor, Craig Owens, gave him the go-ahead to start making calls. Owens was tall, bald, and a bit pudgy with glasses.

When the deadline came around they braced themselves for their meeting with the Chief Editor, Graham Smith. A perpetually dour-looking man with a long face, grey hair, and a gravelly voice, Smith had taken on the daunting task of trying to cut through South Acheron spin in search of facts. It was a small wonder why he made liberal use of his now-infamous red marker where sources were concerned.

Vanderberg and Owens sat down with Smith, who began shuffling through the papers. After what felt like only seconds, he turned to Vanderberg and said "You haven't got it," as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. Vandenberg's face fell. "A few protest leaders say their political opponents did it, that's not good enough," Smith said bluntly.

"Some of the leaders haven't been heard from in days," Vanderberg tried to say.

"What leaders where? How high up?" Smith asked.

"I...didn't get titles, they were in the capital," he replied.

"Capital didn't have major protests. How many are unaccounted for?"

"Three," Owens offered.

Smith uncapped his red pen and started crossing several lines out. "Doesn't mean anything. Capital's on lockdown, they could just be stuck somewhere. Could be on vacation for all we know."

Mathias started to say "But this is the first sign of foul play, there's all of this speculation--"

"Any government sources?" Smith cut him off.

Vandenberg looked at the floor a moment. "We tried, the only ones we got..."

"Just the official line from Internal Security," Owens finished for him, glancing over at Mathias. "Look, it's not much, but nobody knows what's going on in Jedoria now. It's the best out there so far."

Smith was already shaking his head as he crossed more lines out. "We'll run the comments from the activists in the main story. Get some harder information next time," Smith concluded, setting papers back down in front of Vanderberg.

Owens looked at Mathias, put a hand on his shoulder and rose to his feet as Smith did. Following Smith into his office, Owens said "We need to get somebody into Jedoria. We're practically doing everything by semaphore from here."

"Could be dangerous," Smith pointed out.

"If reporters start disappearing in Jedoria that'll be our top story for a week and they know it," Owens said.

Smith relented. "All right, fine. Who do we send? Redmond?"

"Already asked him, doesn't want it," Owens said.

"Eastnam?" Smith asked.

"Chasing corporate ghosts down in Fineberg," Owens added.

"Well who the hell do we have?"

"Vandenberg out there, and Chien," he said.

"Hmph," Smith grunted. "Send 'em both with a skeleton crew. Maybe between the two of them they can piece something together."

ANBC attempted to contact the acting Jedorian government. The letter expressed condolences for the Duke and sympathies to his family before getting to the meat of the matter: "The assassination of the Duke is obviously a matter of grave international importance, and there is a great deal of confusion at this time. Our network would like to send a crew to report on events as they unfold to assuage anxieties regarding the attack in Strana Mechty and the implications for your government. This crew would consist of two investigative journalists, Mathias Vanderberg and Robin Chien, with accompanying audio-visual specialists. Of course the safety of our employees is paramount, and ANBC would coordinate with local authorities wherever there is possible danger."
Last edited by Hittanryan on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:05 pm

The New Edomite Embassy
Strana Mechty

A celebration was going on in the embassy's ballroom, which had the central area's hardwood floors cleared for dancing. A band made up of highly skilled amateurs from the embassy's own staff were playing, blowing away on trumpets, saxophones, a keyboard, drums. There was a dinner buffet which included: Mini lamb koftas with cucumber raita, Goats’ cheese and Mediterranean vegetable crustini, Salmon with rosemary and honey skewer, Tempura king prawns with sweet chilli sauce, Rosemary and pork pastries, Roasted pepper and courgette quiche, Olive, tomato and mozzarella, Ghantish bred Skewered beef with sesame and soy dressing, Cones of fish and chips, Beef chilli filled potatoes. Selection of vegetable and meat samosas. Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels and a Selection of Mini Filled pies.

Levi Libbim looked imposing but grand in his civil service black uniform with three rows of civil service medals which he rarely wore, and offered three toasts, one each to the engaged couple--Princess Ava and Prince Alexander of the House of Gentry, and also of course to the co-Monarchs. He added a last to the new Duke of Jedoria.

"Long may he reign or short may he reign?" wondered Tobias Manasseh quietly to Dr. Darien.

Foreign dignitaries invited included any Jedorian officials of rank who wished to honour the gathering--it was assumed that the Duke would be too busy but of course it was made very lcear that the embassy would be deeply honoured if he would deign to appear. The Foreign Minister and the new Minister of Development and the Minister of Culture and the Field Marshall and Minister of Defense were also invited. So were other embassies' ambassadors and any of their staff who wished to attend. (only 8 Jedorians were invited though along with 4 from each embassy including but not limited to: the Adiran, Noviteran, Roman, Othmani, Ghantish, Terrician, Vozgarnor, Imperium, Shrailleni)

Ambassador Libbim wanted to take the temperature of the room. There was a brief amount of time to socialize. The best ways to do this were in the restrooms, pausing for a smoke break, in the midst of a dance or while everyone was lining up and moving around for the buffet.

If he had been able to get away, Count Max Sharra would be there along with other officials, all dressed in their best, sampling the food, drinking, raising glasses to the toasts, making polite talk. What he wanted very much was to have Alina Caragiale there as his guest and date, to see if she'd like a taste of this kind of life.

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Late Roman Empire » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Edomite Embassy

Aulus Papirius Ruso was not Legate to Jedoria for nothing. He was a gradually rising civil servant and professional diplomat, who had risen from penury, but also had served with the Emperor twice on diplomatic postings, one of them in Ghant. He was more than ready to take on this challenge, as he proved by seeking out the Edomite Ambassador as soon as he got the opening. He was more than a little disturbed by these newest developments in Jedoria, especially as they increased the risks of war.

Furthermore, he was still incensed that the Jedorians had simply flouted the Treaty of Beaulieu and pulled out of the CPO for no reasons other than petty, ultra-nationalist grievances. Surely, the CPO could quash the Islamic insurgents without need for a Jedorian military occupation of the DMZs…..if it marshaled the will to do so. International law was disrespected once again, and the Jedorians showed once more that they, as with Gloria Regis, lacked any scruples or honor whatsoever. Then again, they were cozy with the Ashabi rebels, who had blood on their hands, too. That wasn’t even counting Peregrino and the malevolent old despotism called Hostillia, both of which leeched off the Jedorians like so many ticks.

Worst of all was persecution of Christians in Jedoria, so much so that the Emperor had instructed Ruso to offer asylum to them, in case they preferred Roman Christianity to Edomite. That wasn’t even counting possible intentions to begin cyber-strikes on the Internal Security Police. Naturally, this wouldn’t be announced, though the news was likely to be hit with some real developments soon…..due to the Roman decision to directly assault Gloria Regis’s power grid with denial of service attacks by the Roman hacking teams. The likely cataclysmic impact on the Gloria Regian economy could not be ignored…...if it worked.

“Ambassador Libbim, Legate Ruso here, from Rome. Kind of you to host this little gathering of yours,” Ruso noted while munching on lamb and sipping some of the best of the wine, “What are your thoughts today,” he added in a whisper in Latin.

Ruso just hoped to see something constructive happen due to this party….even if only a small thing. He wasn’t one just to gossip, like most Romans...
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:39 pm

To: The Most Revered and Respected Scholar and Possessor of All Knowledge of Barbarian Societies Dong Sung
Subject: Recent Events

Dear most honorable Scholar,

Words and gifts given to us by our allies carry their weight on more levels than the mere physical, and for that we are extremely gracious for the kindness demonstrated by our friends in the Middle Kingdom. Even while our hearts are heavy, we are thankful to stand alongside comrades of such strong moral courage and integrity. I would like to extend the personal thanks of not only myself but of others in my government for the kind offers made by the Holy Empire during these trying times. It is said that though all people may be forced at one point or another to talk through the dark and shadows, eventually the light will be found. It is reassuring to know though we may tread a path of uncertainty, calming and helpful voices continue to sing words of encouragement and solidarity.

I must express my gratitude at the reassurances made of support for the nation of Jedoria at this time, and for the offers made so generously by the Holy Empire to assist in our recovery. While it is true that we find ourselves facing many issues at the present, rest assured my Duke eagerly looks forward to meeting with a representative of the Middle Kingdom, and we are more than willing to make arrangements for a meeting as soon as the Holy Empire sees fit. The Jedorian nation stands committed to the founding morals of our state, and as the Wise Scholar once said, virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors.

Yours in friendship,
Dragomir Rotaru, Acting Foreign Minister of the Jedorian National Union
― Ernst Toller

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:21 pm

To: Foreign Minister Ertan Konca
Subject: New Leadership

Dear friend,

Your kind words and sentiments are greatly appreciated by not only myself, but the Jedorian government and nation as a whole. As we walk this dangerous path and face many hardships, it is of the utmost reassurance to know that our trustworthy allies and friends stand in support of Jedoria despite the tragedy that has occurred.

It is also of great comfort to hear of victory in your own republic. It is most reassuring to know that the good fight against terrorism and instability continues to be fought, and victory is achievable. Every loss these insurgents suffer is yet another damper on the morale of those that would undermine our sovereign states, and further proof of the strength of our alliance.

The concern of your Democratic Union is understandable, but unnecessary. Just as the Republic must eliminate those that would threaten it's citizens and undermine the legitimacy of the central government, so must the National Union do in Jedoria. This is not a campaign of persecution, but rather the implementation of necessary policy forced upon ourselves by circumstances beyond our control. Nevertheless, our ambassador would be more than happy to meet with concerned members of government to discuss the reality in greater detail.

I again thank you for your kind words, and look forward to increasing the ties between our nations.

Kind Regards,
Dragomir Rotaru, Acting Foreign Minister of the Jedorian National Union
― Ernst Toller

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:35 am

Strana Mechty

ANBC's request was met with confirmation by the Ministry of Communication and Information's Public Affairs Department. They were thanked for their considerate words and suggested they could meet with Minister of the aforementioned ministry Lucian Morar, and even if possible Minister of Iternal Affairs Otilia Țurcanu. Not mentioned was that the ANBC crew would be watched by Internal Security as much as possible, and determine who exactly they planned to talk to while in Jedoria.

The New Edomite Embassy

The Jedorians invited to the Edomite Embassy made themselves available if possible to the invitation from the Edomite ambassador. While it was true the Duke was too busy to attend, he did send a message of personal thanks to Ambassador Libbim thanking him for his service as a go-between for both New Edom and Jedoria. Minister of Culture Rusu politely declined , joking that he was "booked until age seventy". Others did attend, though; Acting Foreign Minister Dragomir Rotaru was on scene in a simple two piece black suit, with his small nose, round face, and receding hairline he did indeed looked a bit like a friendly uncle, though admittedly a well dressed one. Minister of Regional Development and Public Administration Grigore Oprea, the successor to Sebastian Caragiale was present as well, in a navy blue two piece, well groomed dark hair and bright blue eyes. Field Marshall Bianca Cernea had also opted to attend, though as was standard for the Jedorian armed forces her dress uniform was not a particularly noticeable uniform, a rather simple dark grey and blue set which though was distinctly marked with the insignia of the rank of Field Marshall, a three level rack of ribbons on her left breast, and another two racks with accompanying ribbons. Bianca Cernea herself was rather average looking, and easily could've passed her a regular civilian were it not for her above average state of physical fitness.

Technically, Rotaru was still Minister of Defense for the time being ("Two for the price of one," he would chuckle), and explained that the Duke was in the process of selecting a new Defense Minister. They greeted the hosts with handshakes and bows, thanking them for hosting and sampling the food offered. When he had a chance, Rotaru mentioned to Libbim that he would love to get together to discuss future relations between the Allied States and the National Union.

Cernea was a bit out of her element and did her best to be friendly, but she wasn't used to such social gatherings, and indeed wearing her dress uniform felt odd compared to her normal duty uniform. Oprea was new on the scene and tried to be friendly whenever possible.

Alina Caragiale was there as well, as requested by her now fiance, wearing a simple dark blue dress that came down around her knees, straps on each shoulder, hand in hand with Max, admitting though in private she didn't really know how to dance at these kind of formal events.
― Ernst Toller

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:15 pm

The New Edomite Embassy
Strana Mechty

The band continued to play as people circulated the room, while a few people danced. Max Sharra cut the rug (or the hardwood floor) with Alina when they were done eating. "I think this is the most clothes I've ever seen on you," he teased her as he twirled her and led her across the floor, going easy on her since she wasn't used to ballroomd ancing. "Are you sure you're not an Edenist honey?"

Alina had in fact found that she was welcomed by Sharra's peers, but had overheard some worry expressed by the naval and air force attaches about what his family was going to think of this engagement. "...without your family'[s permission?" she had heard the naval attache say worriedly. But Sharra brushed this off and said that he would 'handle things'. The Ambassador and Dr. Darien both seemed genuinely grieved by her father's death.

"A man of rare clear vision, putting his nation and it's good above any private concerns...such public service is rare in this age, and he clearly had a good loving family too. I am sure he would want you to be happy and well, my dear young lady," Ambassador Libbim had said sadly.

"Ah to be young and foolish again," remarked Brigadier-General Uriel Elishamma, a pleasant featured man with a tapering chin, dark eyes and greying brown hair as he approached the Field Marshall with a bow. "Allow me to introduce myself formally, though I think we have met before briefly: i am General Elishamma, the Military Advisor to the Mission. I had been away on sick leave I'm afraid, a helicopter accident revealing that I am no longer as young as I thought I was. Stupid break of the hip, but it has been dealt with." In fact he did walk with a slight limp and it would have been known that he had a bad rapelling incident when he had decided to tag along for a drop exercise with the 19th Mounted Light Infantry. "I hope you are enjoying yourself, Field Marshall, and that you are well satisfied with your promotion as your country seems satisfied with it. I want to assure you that our promise of help is very real, and that we want to cooperate in every way possible to defeat this regional scourge of terrorism."

Libbim had first spoken to the Roman legate, and had suggested that their embassies coordinate dealing with possible refugee status people, and forward information to one another as well as sharing intelligence where possible. "We have every reason to do so as allies," remarked Libbim, "And we should try to avoid any unecessary surprises. In fact let me introduce to you to Tobias Manasseh, our Cultural Attache..." this was code for Ministry of Police in fact. Tobias was wearing a white three piece suit instead of a service uniform and looked more like a professor or intellectual with his pipe and amiable manner as he was introduced to the legate.
Manasseh suggested that the Legate might want to enjoy a special film appreciation night that they had at the embassy on a regular basis to keep in touch.

Libbim also spoke to Rotaru. "Minister, congratulations on your promotion, though I am sure that you would not have wanted it to happen in the way that it did." with every evidence of sympathy. "And are you hoping to maintain this portfolio? After all it might suit you very well given your past experience."

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:24 am

The New Edomite Embassy

Alina Caragiale would try her best to dance with Max, taking slow as she tried to learn the steps. There seemed to be a pattern to it, and she tried to move along with him in sync with the music and try to get a rhythm going, but it was unfamiliar territory for her. Max seemed to be enjoying himself, making jokes that she giggled through but still tried to make do with what she had. She couldn't however ignore the occasional comments from the other Edomite military personnel present. While they were all fairly friendly and courteous to her, she took note of the hushed concerns mentioned regarding Sharra's apparent decision to marry her. She knew marriages worked different in New Edom than Jedoria, but would it really be that big of an issue? Who would Max choose first in the end, her or his family? She wasn't sure, in her homeland despite the importance of family, life decisions usually fell to the individual once they left the nest.

She thanked the Ambassador and Dr. Darien for their kind words regarding her father, it seemed he had been quite popular with the staff here, or at least as far as that word meant went talking politics. Alina wasn't knowledgeable enough about the complex web of international diplomacy to comment on it in any further detail that that.

Field Marshall Cernea smiled politely and inclined her head towards Brigadier-General Elishamma. "I am not as young as I once was myself, General." Cernea admitted. "Though I like to think I'm a bit wiser. When I just a company commander, I nearly made one of our trucks roll over when we were crossing a muddy embankment. Took two platoons pulling it back towards the road to prevent all of our equipment from sliding off into the mud."

"I, as do my comrades in government, appreciate your offers of assistance. If only terrorism were as easily identifiable as any other foe." She said a bit grimly while she sipped her wine glass. "The Vozgarni made it much more simpler, setting up in proper position, letting us know where they were with their artillery and airstrikes." She shook her head. "All those months spent holding some summits of the Tung Shao, the 3rd Army strung out over kilometers and kilometers of rugged mountainside. It seems foolish to say I miss it, given how much pain and toil went into winning those peaks, but honestly, I do sometimes." She added with a small grin. "Less paperwork, that's for damn sure."

Rotaru spoke with Libbim amicably. "Well to be honest Ambassador, retirement was not far from my mind before this all happened. But we need people more than ever, it seems. To be honest, I was surprised when the Duke appointed me to Foreign Minister, I told him I didn't think I was qualified, but I guess he had more faith in my than I myself possessed." He offered a small smile. "Truth be told though, being the Defense Minister was a rather cozy, if uneventful job. Our Field Marshalls, both present and past, were both very good at their jobs and hardly needed me around. I just stood there sometimes and tried to look pretty." He said with a chuckle. "Well, I plan to do my duty as my country asks me too. Would any true citizen do any different?"
― Ernst Toller

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:05 pm

The New Edomite Embassy

Ambassador Caro and Rob Bedell were both in attendance, both trying not to reveal that their government was uneasy over the possible coup. They wasted little time in rubbing elbows, both grabbing glasses of wine before seeking out a few people. First and foremost were Sharra and Alina. Caro bowed to the young couple and said "Your Excellency, ma'am, I'd like to congratulate both of you. I wish you all the best, especially given the uncertain times we live in." Addressing Alina specifically, Caro said "I apologize for dampening the mood, but allow me to express my condolences. The embassy worked with your father on several occasions though I did not know him personally. You and your family have my sympathies." He made small talk for a brief time before leaving the couple to enjoy each other's company.

Bedell took note of the Jedorians mingling in the crowd, to the extent of his knowledge they were all nationalists. Noticing that Oprea was free, Bedell introduced himself, including his title as advisor to the Adiran ambassador. "Jedoria has been supportive of Adiron's regional goals in the past. My government hopes that this current crisis doesn't change anything. We will of course do what we can to help bring those responsible for the Duke's death to justice."

Caro meanwhile approached Rotaru and Libbim, politely interjecting when there was an opportune moment. "Ambassador," he said to Libbim, "I'd like to thank you for the invitation tonight. We were glad to receive some good news in the wake of these tragedies here in the capital."

"Minister," he said to Rotaru, "I wish I could congratulate you on your promotion under better circumstances. The Duke was always supportive of Adiron, in particular during this year's crisis in Ceti. He made some hard choices on our behalf that we will not forget. Jedoria is lesser for his loss."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 pm

The New Edomite Embassy
Strana Mechty

Max Sharra could tell that Alina was distracted; he didn't even get much of a response to his teasing. She seemed to be so withdrawn, and he wondered if this was a good idea for her. Maybe it was the stress--after all the more he had to do and deal with the more energized he became. Well, he'd give her some time.

He was about to suggest something to her when suddenly Caro approached. Caro bowed to the young couple and said "Your Excellency, ma'am, I'd like to congratulate both of you. I wish you all the best, especially given the uncertain times we live in." Addressing Alina specifically, Caro said "I apologize for dampening the mood, but allow me to express my condolences. The embassy worked with your father on several occasions though I did not know him personally. You and your family have my sympathies." He made small talk for a brief time before leaving the couple to enjoy each other's company.

"Thank you, Your Excellency," said Sharra politely. Well that had torn it. Typical Adiran discretion. "So very kind. I hope that Alina will be happy, yes." He waited for her response to the ambassador. There was a popular phrase at home: [i]Awkward as a Cetian in a ballroom[/i[ All respect due to their allies too. He selected a flute of champagne for each of them since apparently the dancing was over.

Elishamma laughed at Cernea's anecdote, and then nodded gravely at her analogy about terrorism versus open warfare. "Indeed. Those who carry no flags, who wear no uniform, and yet make war. Most often on the unarmed, as happened with Caragiale. Disgraceful act," he said, shaking his head. "May his killers be brought to justice, eh?" he raised his champagne flute to her. "Field Marshall, I'm not going to beat about th bush like some damned politician. We're concerned about the recent events...your country, mine, New Othman...Adiron..." he glanced at he Adirans and then back. "And there's this HRC issue, with some nations really pressing it. But I'm sure you and I know that the best security is direct and clear. My government is concerned about what the Duke and our King setled between them..your late Duke I mean...going foul. I've told them that there's no sign of your reinforcing the border. The King doesn't want o reinforce ours. Nor Peregrino. What are your thoughts on that?"

Meanwhile, Libbim was nodding and smiling faintly at Rotaru's self deprecation and then welcomed Ambassador Caro. "With all the high placed targets, and with the reputed ideology behind the attacks," said Libbim, "So I also salute the courage and courtesy of all of you...after all, one would think you'd all be hiding in a bunker, eh, a Duke, cabinet ministers killed openly? Assassins prowling the very streets? Who is safe, the ordinary man would think but not you, Mr. Rotaru. You are a man of iron! Is he not?" he said to Caro.

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:17 am

The New Edomite Embassy

Alina Caragiale was admittedly a bit out of her element here, though she appreciated the kind words and concerns given by the Adiran ambassador. Still, the constant reminder of it did a bit to dampen her spirits, though she tried to put on a cheerful face as she remained with her fiance, hands interlocked with his, trying to ignore the occasional voices of concern from the other Edomite military personnel present. She sipped at the champagne she was offered and glanced around at the crowd present. "So many people." She muttered. Turning to Max, she asked "Do you do this kind of thing often?"

Grigore Oprea was essentially in charge of infrastructure, and as the Minister of Regional Development and Public Administration, it was his duty to take up the reigns now that Caragiale was no longer among the living. He was a bit on the younger side for a government minister, in his mid thirties, and still carried around a bit of youth on him. "Oh, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Oprea would say, hand outstretched to offer a firm handshake. "Yes, many thanks for your kind words. I wish I could take a more proactive view in these affairs, but it seems my job will be keeping me traveling around the nation, if my predecessor's remarks are to be believed."

"Well General, I'm a soldier, not a politician." Cernea said honestly. "Though what would be the point of it? To spend all that time and effort demobilizing then suddenly just turn around and say 'oh, on second thought, let's not'? I wouldn't want to be in any barracks if that order came down." She sipped at her drink and shook her head. "But no General, there are no plans going forward that deal with anything of the like. By all indications, the Duke intends to carry on with what Răceanu started." She paused, and for a moment seemed to falter for a bit before shaking her head again and saying quietly. "Far too young, far too soon."

"Your words are kind, Ambassador." Rotaru said with a polite incline of his head. "It's said all people must go through some hard times, it appears we have just hit ours, though I am hopeful it will not last."

"Oh, you flatter me." Rotaru said with a hearty chuckle. "Truth be told, I half expected just that. Can't say I looked forward to it, spending weeks inside a musty bunker, probably would've felt more like a tomb. But that would seem proper protocol, yes?" He sipped his drink before nodding. "But the Duke made it clear we can't let fear determine how we operate, yes?" He said, looking between the two ambassadors. "The moment we let fear and paranoia determine how we live our lives, well, we've already lost then, haven't we? To let ourselves be governed by the will of terrorists and other malevolent and vile persons, well, that's no way for a nation to live."
― Ernst Toller

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Shrailleeni Embassy,
Strana Mechty, Jedoria

In the aftermath of the attack, the Shrailleeni embassy staff in Strana Mechty had not failed to carry out their duties. They had enquired into the health of Shrailleeni citizens in Jedoria, of which there was an increasing amount as a result of Jedoria's new status as a "Co-Religionary" nation, and issued travel advisories both to citizens in the nation and back to the Imperial government. Then they had waited and complied with Jedoria's Internal Security directives, sending the New Edomite embassy staff an affirmative to their request for possible assistance and processing the Shrailleeni or New Edomite citizens who came to the embassy for help.

When it became clear that the emergency was, in fact, a successful assassination against the Duke and the Foreign Minister, the Shrailleeni ambassador had immediately sent a message to the High Council offering the condolences of the Mother Empress and the Shrailleeni nation. Publicly, the Shrailleeni press mourned the passing of the Duke and did not challenge the prevailing narrative that the attack was the work of "Leftist" terrorist elements. However, they did not publicly assert that position either.

Behind closed doors, the Shrailleeni ambassador and her diplomatic staff discussed the events and watched the news carefully. Unknowingly, they reached the same conclusion as the foreign affairs staff of other nations present the country: the death of the Duke and Foreign Minister was almost certainly a successful coupe attempt by the Ministry of Internal Security in response to the Duke's almost certain decision to curtail their recent, public discrepancies. The entire thing was too well timed, the politics too perfectly placed, for this to have been the work of anti-governemnt agents. The fact that a coupe against the Mother Empress had been attempted, and failed, over a year ago also helped place suspicion in keen minds. It wasn't long before the Shrailleeni realized that they weren't alone in their suspicions: the idea of coupe popped up swiftly in the Ghantish press and even in a statement by a rogue Free Garzan politician.

The question for the Shrailleeni was what to do about it. The Shrailleeni people had spoken out against the alleged actions of the Jedorian Internal Security, but the government had made no strong stance aside from calling for the creation of a Human Rights Committee, a call echoed by Ghant, Vannois, Adiron, and other nations. And if indeed this was a coupe, well, it surely wasn't the worst outcome for Shrailleeni ambitions in Jedoria.

Internal Security might be ruthless and oppressive, perhaps they were even doing the things that they were accused of. But the groups that they were targeting, Marxists, Christians, Magi, and others, were no friends of the Shrailleeni either. And even since the Temple of Gaia had joined the Temple of the Mother Goddess under the Leenic umbrella, the Shrailleeni had become very interested indeed in creating new, stronger ties with the Confederation and especially their woefully unorganized Gaian Sisters. There were other benefits as well, Jedoria was staunchly anti-FODE and had withdrawn from the CPO, but the opportunity existed for stronger unilateral Shrailleeni-Jedorian cooperation in other areas such as Gloria Regis. And stronger ties with Jedoria would increase the web of Shrailleeni influence in the region, ensuring that the Empire would never be totally dependent on only one power block.

In the end, it was decided that this was an opportunity that afforded looking into. The new Duke and the Minister of Internal Security needed public voices supporting their official line right now, and the Shrailleeni Empire wanted to advance its Jedorian interests. It was time to see if some kind of deal might be made.

To: Duke Constantin Zaharia of the Confederation of Jedoria
From: Ambassador Calda Daltono'a of the Shrailleeni Empire
Encryption: Hand-delivered in sealed embassy pouch

To the Honorable Duke Constantin Zaharia,

Her Enlightened Majesty sorrowfully offers her congratulations to you for attaining your most honored positions, and wishes that it might have been under happier circumstances. While she cannot imagine the grief of the Jedorian people for the loss of the former Duke Victor Răceanu, she expresses her confidence in the wisdom of your future leadership and her prayers to the Mother Gaia for the peace, happiness, and stability of the Confederation of Jedoria for all of its people.

In the last few years, our two peoples have seen a sudden and dramatic increase in cooperative relations. Where once we stood haughty and aloof from one another, our New Edomite allies your enemy, we have found the interests of our nations aligning. Together, we stand in support of the Commonwealth of Gloria Regis. The Temple of the Ancient Mother and the Temple of Gaia have embraced one another as true Sisters under the same Goddess. And even the old animosity between Jedoria and our New Edomite allies appears to wane.

In our faith, death in this world means only a return to the embrace of the Great Mother. Through this tragedy, Her Enlightened Majesty hopes that our tow nations might likewise find a new existence between one another.

On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty, I would like to request an audience with yourself or, should it prove more suitable, a representative of your choice in order to discuss the future of Shrailleeni-Jedorian relations. Her Enlightened Majesty and myself believe that there are many ways that our two government might be able to aid one another in these trying times. After all, as our enemies grow, where is it more natural to look for comfort than in the arms of a true Sister?

May the Mother Gaia bless Her Children in Jedoria and Shrailleen with Her Eternal Bounty,

Ambassador Calda Daltono'a
On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Edomite Embassy

"Oh, which remarks would those be?" Bedell asked. He gave him a chance to answer before adding. "Well, my government is a bit on edge, to be honest. Whenever something like this happens it's not always smooth, even in the most peaceful nations. I think the folks back at the State Department might need fewer sleeping pills if they had some assurances things are going to continue as planned. What sort of things have you inherited from Mr. Caragiale?"

Caro was still speaking to Libbim and Rotaru, just making small talk. "Well, to be fair, Ambassador, the response to this attack was truly remarkable. I can't recall in recent memory a faster, more efficient response to a devastating attack such as this," Caro said. "I imagine Internal Security has a plan for everything. Contingencies upon contingencies. So what have they to fear?" Caro said with a faint smile.

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:43 pm

The New Edomite Embassy

"Well, I worked for the Minister, er- former Minister I should say." Oprea frowned for a moment, but continued. "I worked for him for a while, and he made mention of how little he got to see his family. The Ministry you see has a quite wide range of responsibilities, not only infrastructure on a national level, but the provinces themselves usually have to coordinate with us for their own development. Then of course we have to deal with business and industry and what developments they want to pursue, like oil pipelines, railroads, you know. It was hard on him, you understand, always traveling all across the nation, hardly a few days out of the year to sit down with his wife and children. To think he was just starting a much deserved vacation when, well." Oprea sighed and shook his head. "He's with Mother Gaia now. I hope he rests easy."

"Well, I would hope so with all the funding they demand." Rotaru said with a chuckle. "I understand they have a wide range of responsibilities, so they better be putting that money to good use. In truth though, it was indeed impressive, though we have, like most nations I imagine, plans of succession in place. I recall a satirical article I once said criticizing the government for not having a plan for, what was it, a giant spider infestation or something?" He smiled a bit. "Duke Răceanu in fact took great pride in making sure the State could function well even under the most distressing of circumstances, after the Vozgarni war you see, it seemed to him to be a top priority to plan for the worst." He said a bit solemnly. "I hope we've done him proud, getting things up and running again so quickly. Say what you will about that man, but he was always business." He flexed his fingers a bit and fell quiet for a moment. "I hope we'll make him proud."

To: Ambassador Calda Daltono'a of the Shrailleeni Empire
Encryption: Hand-delivered in sealed pouch

Dear Ambassador,

It is of great comfort to know our siblings share in our grief and wish us well on the road ahead. In times like these when trouble seems to lurk at every corner and darkness threatens to envelop us all with it's overcasting shadow, knowing we walk with others towards the light is a greater comfort than any material possession can provide. The Jedorian people and State will not forget the kind words of the Mother Empress or the Shrailleeni people.

I would be more than willing to meet with you myself, and I would like to in doing so invite you to the Duke's Hearth personally. I believe you are correct in saying that the Confederation and the Empire have much to gain from closer ties, and furthering of our relations is sure to shower blessings on the people of the true faith. In doing so, we are paving the way for a better and brighter future for both our nations and all children of Mother Gaia.

Kind Regards,
Constantin Zaharia, Duke of the Jedorian Confederation
― Ernst Toller

Vozgarnor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vozgarnor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:47 am

Strana Mechty, New Edomite Embassy

Nessárah Borodrín, Vozgarni ambassador in Jedoria entered the ballroom as she arrived at the Edomite embassy and as she did, she thought of the Jedorians. They were so much like them in many ways, in others they were polar opposites. Both were nations who valued duty and an unending strive for the greater good, but on the other hand the Jedorians had a much more "in-the-now" way of thinking, while most Vozgarni tended to be rather staunch traditionalists, as the old Vozgarni proverb always reminded them, traditions are there for a reason, they were found good and worth keeping. She smirked to herself before her mouth returned to form a hard line. These were interesting times that she lived in, over the last few days the Vozgarni embassy had been anything but idle. Ever since the leaked documents from the Jedorian Department of Internal Security saw the light of day there was very plausible evidence that between one and two dozen members of the Vozgarni minority in Jedoria had vanished into torture dungeons. It turned her stomach.

The latest directives from Karaszon were clear, they had to take care of their people. The embassy had been in contionous contact with various local Vozgarni cultural organizations and community leaders to provide those who wished to return to the Motherland with the quickest and easiet way to do so as a substantial part of the Vozgarni minority in Jedoria had lived here for generations and thus lacked Vozgarni citizenship. There was no telling if the presecution would get worse or not, or if it was indeed occuring at all, but several hundred people had already contacted the embassy regarding the Lifeboat Jedoria program, fear was spreading through the local Vozgarni communities. The program had many similarities with the Anrama Resettlement Act that followed the Jedorian War that aided the ethnic Vozgarni in the lost lands to move and establish themselves in Vozgarnór. The ethnic Vozgarni of Jedoria were not the only people targeted by the DIS, left-wing radicals, christians and others were in their sights as well but they were not Nessárah's problem.

She was worried, afraid even. She was quite capable of admitting that to herself, the DIS was ruthless and the suspicion that this was indeed a coup was not completely unfounded, for if it was only a terrorist attack it was an exceptionally well-planned and well-timed one. She wanted to go home to her family, but she had work to do in this damnable place. She hoped this party could yield something constructive, or if not that then at least provide some kind of indication what happened and what would happen in the near future. Times were uncertain and Vozgarnór was, as ever, surrounded by enemies.

Ambassador Borodrín walked over to the dinner buffet and helped herself to a glass of red wine. One could say that Nessárah Borodrín had a quite stern appearance but one could not deny she had an air of mature elegance about her, clad in an all-black three-piece suit and unlike the majority of Vozgarni women she did not wear an overabundance of jewellry, only a bracelet and a pair of earrings. Glass of wine in hand, she approached the Edomite ambassador and the small group gathered around him and found and opportune moment to interject. "Thank you for the invitation ambassador Libbim, it is much appreciated." She said with a polite nod. "Let us hope the entire unpleasant situation calms itself soon." She then turned to the Jedorian minister. "Congratulations on your promotion." A chilly politeness in her tone.
Last edited by Vozgarnor on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:52 am

The New Edomite Embassy

Max Sharra frankly found this phase of women's lives irritating. The wet blanket phase, the woman so caught up in her melancholy or moodines she was nearly useless. Give him a horse or dog any day for long term companionship; his mother and sister were the same way but at least they ahd activities that kept them busy; Alina seemed to only have her studies and that seemed to be more something to do than any real ambition on her part. However it was his role to deal with it--or his cross to bear. Well, as his father had wryly pointed out to him once, one did not always like those one oved...

"Yes, we do this sort of thing a lot," he said to her. "Do you need to get some air int he garden? I thought you liked parties."

General Elishamma said, "Yes, may God rest the Duke's soul. Poor man. His poor family. I hope they are doing well. The Queen had expressed fondness for his daughter. We will be passing on some gifts to the family by the way. Speaking of which, is there to be a full state funeral?"

"Ambassador Borodin, wonderful that you should be here," Libbim rumbled a friendly greeting to the Vozgarnori ambassador. "You know these excellencies I'm sure..." he made introductions formally with inclinations of his head and hand gestures, and paused while Rotaru had the opportunity to respond to her compliment.

Libbim beckoned to a servant, who was clothed in a white steward's uniform and offered sherry and cigars. "Would either of you care for either?" he said. "We Edomites smoke. I hope you do not mind. Well..." he paused as the steward lit a match and held it to the dark brown roll of leaf, "One thing I would like to ask, I hope it's not too embarrassing a question, is Jedoria likely to sign the HRC agreement?"

Jedoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Vozgarnor Border

There was a special place reserved in the heart of the Confederation for the hatred of Vozgarnor.

Victory over the Vozgarni in the Anrama Conflict had not come cheaply for Jedoria. By the time the dust had settled, twenty thousand Confederate soldiers lay dead, scattered around the hills, mountains and valleys that formed the border between the two rival states. When the fighting first started, a brief conquest was expected, but the Vozgarni were not keen to surrender their claims to the disputed Anrama territory. For a year, the Republic and the Confederation fought for every hill, peak, summit and valley, before the insistence of the international community finally brought an end to the war. The Jedorian performance had been lacking as interal reviews would later confirm. The late Cold War state of the Confederate Army wasn't on equal footing with the more modernize Vozgarni ground troops, and the Jedorians soon learned they were one on one not a match against the Vozgarni.

In the end however, it was Jedorian firepower and weight of numbers that secured victory for the Confederation. The Vozgarni, despite their advantages in technology, would find themselves destroying brigade after brigade of Jedorian armored vehicles, only to find themselves facing rebuilt division after division as Jedoria's massive industrial base continued to produce waves and waves of tanks, IFVs, and APCs. There was no shortage of armaments, weapons or volunteers for the Confederation, who finally, after two major offensives known as Operation Serpent and Bulldog, finally succeeded in reclaiming the Anrama for the Jedorian nation.

The Republic had ultimately been forced to accept Jedorian rule, if only through force of arms, and not surprisingly it had left them bitter. Three years later there were still hundreds of thousands of troops near the Tung Shao, thousands of artillery pieces and tanks lay waiting in forward staging areas, just waiting for the order to resume and drive all the way to Karaszon.

Army Group Tau was the official ground force responsible for defense of the mountainous border. Colonel General Sever Pușcariu commanded the formation that consisted of 160,000 men, 1,800 tanks, 414 attack helicopters and 2,000 artillery pieces. He had six mechanized infantry divisions under his command, along with a tank and airborne division as well, divided equally between two field armies and four corps. Though small for an army group, in the event of hostilities Tau had three operational reserve groups under it's command, bringing the total to 300,000 personnel in total.

The 30th Mechanized Infantry were the closest to the border, having occupied the Anrama lands following the armistice. Even though a few years had passed, scars from the conflict were still visible. Small villages that had been abandoned stood idle and empty. Every now and then the shattered metal carcass of a destroyed military vehicle could be found, rusting away amid the hills. Craters were still visible in some areas, in some cases the lack of erosion made them seem startingly fresh. A lot of graves had been dug across the border.

New Edomite Embassy

"I do." Alina said, looking around. "But this, well, it's not like most parties I go to. Everyone's so...formal. It's not really my scene." She tried to put on a smile. "But it's nice being with you. It's just, what's with all those people talking about your parents?"

Cernea nodded along with Elishamma's comments. "That was the plan. I'm not really privy to the details though, but I believe his husband had requested a private funeral. Normally for a head of state we would have something, but, his family has just suffered a rather horrid loss. Who are we to deny them that sanctity?"

Rotaru smiled back at Borodrin, but his eyes noticeably lacked the same spirit he had shown with the others. "Much appreciated, Ambassador." He said politely before returning his attention to Libbim. "Oh thank you very much, but I'm alright. And I'm afraid I don't see us doing so, given we are no longer a member of the organization itself, Ambassador."
― Ernst Toller

Vozgarnor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vozgarnor » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Strana Mechty, New Edomite Embassy

"Indeed I do." Nessárah said turning to the Adrian. "I hope the evening finds you well, Ambassador Caro." She gave the Adrian a polite nod and then turned to the Roman Legate with a friendly smile upon her face, well, at least as friendly as she could manage with someone she had not met before. "I belive we have not had the honor of meeting before, Legate Ruso. I hope you are enjoying the evening." As the Edomite Ambassador called the servants who then approached the small group with cigars and refreshments Ambassador Borodrín simply declined with a meaning gaze and gesture to the man in the white uniform. She still had her wine, which she preferred over sherry any day of the year. When it came to the matter of tobacco, she did smoke, she had for over a decade but preferred cigarettes over cigars despite the fact that one could of course say that it was a bit less elegant.

As the Edomite Ambassador returned to the conversation with the Jedorian Foreign Minister, the Vozgarni ambassador turned her gaze toward the Roman Legate, the Romans had spoken out against the supposed persecution of Christians in Jedoria and while the Vozgarni might be heathens in their eyes just as much as the Romans were still mostly remembered for the Hangman of Karaszon and the harsh occupation. The fact remained that in times of crisis one could end up with strange bedfellows whose interests aligned with one's own, at least for the time being. "Legate, I do wonder, what are your thoughts and those of your government on the recent... developments?" She said in a sightly amicable tone.
Last edited by Vozgarnor on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:51 pm

The Duke's Hearth,
Strana Mechty, Jedoria

The late morning sun hung bright in the sky over Strana Mechty as the Shrailleeni diplomatic car, little more than a sedan, drove up from the city toward the traditional residence of the Jedorian Duke. As in Shrailleen, the homes of the wealthy and the powerful in Jedoria were often reflected in their architecture and location. The Duke's Hearth towered over the Jedorian capital in much the way that the Imperial Palace overlooked the Shrailleeni capital, an outward display of the innate Jedorian respect for hierarchy.

The acropolis itself was a reminder of the Cornellian influence inherent in most nations of the continents. One or two civilizations on the Shrailleeni archipelago had adopted similar urban layouts to that of the Cornellians, but the civilization that had become dominant did not share them. Calda wondered what Shrailleen would look like if history had played out differently, and the Cornellians had not collapsed before they could mount a proper invasion of the islands. The consequences for her nation were not worth contemplating.

The architecture of the Hearth itself was alien-looking as well, but this was a consequence of Jedorian stylistics. Their architecture appeared to Shrailleeni sensibilities to be cold, hard, and mechanical, their buildings thrust into the space around them in defiance of the natural elements, monuments to the works of humankind. The soft curves, slopes, and spires of the Shrailleeni aesthetic were nowhere to be found. This made the huge oak that greeted the Shrailleeni ambassador as her driver pulled up to the Duke's residence seem strangely out of place. A Shrailleeni of a more philosophical mind might have been inspired by the cohabitation of the steel structure and this symbol of the Mother Goddess, but the ambassador merely thought it a pity that such a beautiful tree was shadowed by the abomination behind it.

The car stopped in front of heavy looking glass doors, and Ambassador Calda stepped out. The slightly cooler temperature of Jedoria agreed with her, reminding her of the mountain village of her home. Her went over, one last time, the instructions that had been relayed to her by the Foreign Minister and the things that she was authorized or not authorized to agree to. Then she met with whatever escort the Jedorians had arranged and prepared the enter the Hearth.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates