NATION

PASSWORD

LOTUS [FT, OOC, CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
LOTUS Administrator
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

LOTUS [FT, OOC, CLOSED]

Postby LOTUS Administrator » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:40 am

This thread is best viewed with Rift or Century (Wide RMB) themes. If you are using Dark theme, certain images and text may not be rendered correctly. To access your themes, go to Settings.

Welcome to the LOTUS out-of-character thread! This thread's purpose is to provide a vehicle of planning, discussion and occasional tomfoolery for members of LOTUS who cannot access our Discord server, and for preventing OOC posts from cluttering our otherwise IC threads and roleplays. Members and observers of LOTUS are allowed to post here. If you have any questions regarding entry into LOTUS, please don't post here. You may telegram LOTUS Administrator for such, or access the Discord link provided above.

It is mandatory to read this section, as people often tend to forget how things work in threads such as this. A code of conduct should be observed by members and visitors of LOTUS threads at all times. This to preserve the friendly atmosphere of our threads and to prevent running into trouble with the Moderators. A warning will be given to violators when they commit acts that break the rules listed below. Repeated offenders may have their membership revoked or be banned from the thread.

• The NS Forums apply here. Please abide by them first and foremost.
  • If you are not a member of LOTUS, please do not post here without permission.
  • Absolutely no trolling or spamming.
  • The OOC thread and the IRC channel are places to post OOCly. Please do not breach this by posting OOC posts on the applications thread.
  • Please respect your fellow players. Should you wish to resolve disagreements with others, please do so in the telegrams.
  • Keep your OOC problems to yourself.
  • If you wish to discuss matters with us, such as joining LOTUS or for requesting assistance, you are welcome to inquire from us. Just contact LOTUS Administrator or visit the official IRC Channel (LOTUS).

DISCLAIMER: The world of NationStates is merely a game. Our views do not necessarily represent our views in the real world, and those views may change from time to time.
Last edited by LOTUS Administrator on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
L E A G U EO FO R G A N I Z E DT E R R I T O R I E SA N DU N I T E DS Y S T E M S
Important Links: Signups Thread | Conclave of the League | Discord | FT Advice and Assistance Thread

Idoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Idoa » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:55 am

Ahhh that sweet sweet new thread smell
[04:06] (Allanea) he roleplays his nation as this openly and utterly evil thing
[04:07] (Allanea) that kidnaps people and crucifies children
[04:07] (Allanea) like I can just stab this

PMT/FanT: The Federated States of Idoa
FT: The United Systems of Usidia

Belos
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 03, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Belos » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Tagged. Good to have the OOC thread up.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:28 pm

Damn, looking good guys! I'd sign up but I've been having hardly any time at all for nationstates and doubt that I'd be able to give this the attention that it deserves. Still, I'll try to pop in to read up on what's happening and wish you the best of luck.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Perseid Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Perseid Federation » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Hello all.

Le tag for sniffing purposes.
T H EP E R S E I DF E D E R A T I O N
Μ ε τ α ξ ύτ ω νΜ ε γ α λ ε ί οΑ σ τ έ ρ ι α
Official Factbook | Organ of Foreign Relations | LOTUS | The Local Cluster | NSFT Discord | FT Advice and Assistance Thread

"You can't ignore it. All his ultimatums come with his delicious, delicious booze" - Telros
FT-Prime Puppet of Stormwrath.

Neornith
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neornith » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Bentus wrote:Damn, looking good guys! I'd sign up but I've been having hardly any time at all for nationstates and doubt that I'd be able to give this the attention that it deserves. Still, I'll try to pop in to read up on what's happening and wish you the best of luck.

Good to see you Bentus

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Oh cool, I can tag twice.

Federal Republic of Free States
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Free States » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Tagged. Also, Nice flower.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:31 pm

Thanks! I got the inspiration from the black lotus card in Magic: the Gathering.

Idoa
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Idoa » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Stormwrath wrote:Thanks! I got the inspiration from the black lotus card in Magic: the Gathering.

Mmmm MtG
[04:06] (Allanea) he roleplays his nation as this openly and utterly evil thing
[04:07] (Allanea) that kidnaps people and crucifies children
[04:07] (Allanea) like I can just stab this

PMT/FanT: The Federated States of Idoa
FT: The United Systems of Usidia

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:38 am

Okay, since many of you are itching for an RP involving us LOTUS members, I would like to put forward the idea of Project Flugel. It is a space fighter that would be jointly developed by the members for their respective military forces.

Thoughts on the idea?

Neornith
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Neornith » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:45 am

Stormwrath wrote:Okay, since many of you are itching for an RP involving us LOTUS members, I would like to put forward the idea of Project Flugel. It is a space fighter that would be jointly developed by the members for their respective military forces.

Thoughts on the idea?

Usidia would be up for that.
Something I'm imagining would be a fighter capable of FTL jumps with medium sized armament for the SES force to utilize to patrol trade lanes or act as a quick response unit for distress calls on the trade lanes

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:28 am

That's a great idea!

I'm not sure if fighters equipped with FTL would cover as much as warships in regards to patrolling the trade lanes. I could imagine that they would be a complement of such patrol vessels, and would serve to be quick response units that would give the ship greater reach—thus able to adequately respond to threats such as pirates or some other kind of raiders.

Neornith
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Neornith » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:22 pm

I was thinking perhaps a squad of eight, with enough supplies to last a month maybe so it could patrol for some time, or it could work as an escor,t possibly a crew of three but no less than two

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Free States » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:07 pm

I am all in favor with moving forward with the fighter development.

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:09 am

Hey there, sorry I'm taking so long with my application. Are numbers mandatory or can I use descriptors instead as well? Some people I asked on NSMentors said i should always use descriptors when available, which is fine with me since I'm nither good with numbers nor care for them.

One thing I have yet to figure out is what to call my economic system. I guess you could describe it as a non-currency resource distribution economy or something of the sort. Generally everybody's basic needs are met and everyone receives their share of resources, with those who contribute more to the community and their caste gaining access to more resources and augmentations.

On the fighter subject: Since my people consider space fighters a waste our resources and trained personell and prefer missiles, drones or point defense systems I would have to abstain from the space fighter project even if I become a member in time.
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Genomita wrote:Hey there, sorry I'm taking so long with my application. Are numbers mandatory or can I use descriptors instead as well? Some people I asked on NSMentors said i should always use descriptors when available, which is fine with me since I'm nither good with numbers nor care for them.

One thing I have yet to figure out is what to call my economic system. I guess you could describe it as a non-currency resource distribution economy or something of the sort. Generally everybody's basic needs are met and everyone receives their share of resources, with those who contribute more to the community and their caste gaining access to more resources and augmentations.

On the fighter subject: Since my people consider space fighters a waste our resources and trained personell and prefer missiles, drones or point defense systems I would have to abstain from the space fighter project even if I become a member in time.

You can use descriptors, it doesn't say you must refer to numbers for certain fields.

So it's a gift-based economy, yes? Well it's FT, so you pretty much have a lot of room to make it up as you go as long as it doesn't make you look sour in the eyes of other RPers.

Fair enough. I should tell you that Flugel isn't just limited to piloted fighters, as it also will include fighter drones, which can be either fully autonomous or also controlled by the pilot through a neural interface.

The Solar Cooperative Union
Envoy

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Stormwrath wrote:Okay, since many of you are itching for an RP involving us LOTUS members, I would like to put forward the idea of Project Flugel. It is a space fighter that would be jointly developed by the members for their respective military forces.

Thoughts on the idea?

I was actually going to ask if anyone wanted to help co-develop Initiative: SLPD or Super-Luminal Payload Delivery, basically a FTL Missile.
Don't look at this

Neornith
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Neornith » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Genomita wrote:Hey there, sorry I'm taking so long with my application. Are numbers mandatory or can I use descriptors instead as well? Some people I asked on NSMentors said i should always use descriptors when available, which is fine with me since I'm nither good with numbers nor care for them.

That sorta sounds like actual communism to me

The Solar Cooperative Union wrote:

Thoughts on the idea?

I was actually going to ask if anyone wanted to help co-develop Initiative: SLPD or Super-Luminal Payload Delivery, basically a FTL Missile.

I'm not knocking you down or telling you no don't do it but my eye always twitches a little when I see the phrase "FTL missile"

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:28 am

Neornith wrote:

That sorta sounds like actual communism to me

I'm not knocking you down or telling you no don't do it but my eye always twitches a little when I see the phrase "FTL missile"

Well thats why its not a thing yet :p
Don't look at this

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Free States » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:02 pm

While FTL capable munitions are plausible/possible, they do sort of invoke a :facepalm:. Unless, used in certain, limited, ways. I'd think of them as a transitional weapon being used by a ship/fleet in FTL transit but before they re-enter real space.

I wouldn't consider them a weapons system that can be launched from my systems into enemy systems, as that usually renders many palms on many faces.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Solar Cooperative Union » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Federal Republic of Free States wrote:While FTL capable munitions are plausible/possible, they do sort of invoke a :facepalm:. Unless, used in certain, limited, ways. I'd think of them as a transitional weapon being used by a ship/fleet in FTL transit but before they re-enter real space.

I wouldn't consider them a weapons system that can be launched from my systems into enemy systems, as that usually renders many palms on many faces.

I was thinking any RP around the development would involve the project turning into a massive failure and some daring operation to stop the missile.
Don't look at this

Neornith
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Neornith » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:11 am

Federal Republic of Free States wrote:While FTL capable munitions are plausible/possible, they do sort of invoke a :facepalm:. Unless, used in certain, limited, ways. I'd think of them as a transitional weapon being used by a ship/fleet in FTL transit but before they re-enter real space.

I was thinking any RP around the development would involve the project turning into a massive failure and some daring operation to stop the missile.

Ahh, now it you're talking as a plot device, that would work

The Ten Thousand Suns
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 23, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ten Thousand Suns » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:47 am

Any idea of what kind of FTL we'd be using? There would be huge differences in the difficulties posed by say, wormhole/teleportation FTL versus those posed by a 40K style warp.

Neornith
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Neornith » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:00 pm

The Ten Thousand Suns wrote:Any idea of what kind of FTL we'd be using? There would be huge differences in the difficulties posed by say, wormhole/teleportation FTL versus those posed by a 40K style warp.

So science isn't really one of my strong points so I generally just hanewave my FTL because my understaffing is it makes me go from point A to point B very very fast and that's the extent of my knowledge. There's nothing wrong with not understanding the different types but if you do want to define it for nation fluff some of the players that frequent #NSLegion could help you out if you wanted to

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates