NATION

PASSWORD

Farcaster gates and frontiers (FT, , OOC and sign-up thread)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scandroid
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Scandroid » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:54 pm

So, I feel I need to ask the dumb question: when this starts, is there something specific I need to do to "get in," for lack of a better word? This is the first rp I've joined online. (Also, I'm mainly on mobile, so yeah.)

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:11 pm

I'd wait for the host to post something. Not much we can do until then.
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Scandroid
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandroid » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Sorry to tell you this (probably) right before you start, but please reread my character info, as I made a few edits here and there. Like making her female. I was debating that one for a few days.

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:55 am

It's fine ^^

And we are open! http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=364377

Sorry if the OP turned out a little short, but i tried to avoid beating you guys over the head with an infodump.
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Genomita wrote:It's fine ^^

And we are open! http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=364377

Sorry if the OP turned out a little short, but i tried to avoid beating you guys over the head with an infodump.

Got a draft about half-done, I'll finish it later.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings, Escha is the transhuman kind of Genomitan, not the nocturnal amphibian kind.

And I'm kinda torn between posting now or waiting one more day for our remaining volunteers. Usually I prefer to wait until everybody took their turn, but we have a good amount of people this time, so I might try to post more often so Escha and my other characters won't have to respond to too many things at once.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:17 pm

I'll attempt to toss something up tomorrow.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Genomita wrote:Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings, Escha is the transhuman kind of Genomitan, not the nocturnal amphibian kind.

And I'm kinda torn between posting now or waiting one more day for our remaining volunteers. Usually I prefer to wait until everybody took their turn, but we have a good amount of people this time, so I might try to post more often so Escha and my other characters won't have to respond to too many things at once.

Wandering Argonians wrote:I'll attempt to toss something up tomorrow.

You're both fired. :p

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:10 am

Rest assured, my posts will get a lot more interesting once things get underway. By the way, did Olivia include anything like a medical report in her application (so Escha would know why she underwent such an extensive transformation)? Because if she did that would be something else i could work with. But I'll leave that decision to you.

Arkotania
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:55 pm

I'm back! Once I read through the IC I'll catch up.
Mostly back from a long hiatus from the forums
Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Matt Ward

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:
Then your testicles become strange tentacles.

And then you make films in Japan.

Ovisterra wrote:
Oceanic people wrote:where lives are at steak

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Or maybe NS is also a degraded society.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Alright, now we just need a post from the Kshatrijan Order and everyone will be in place. Let's hope that we'll hear from him soon.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:33 am

Indeed.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:39 am

This place is so quiet you can hear your brain thinking.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:56 am

Indeed. Feel free to respond to the IC topic whenever you like. I don't like to do this, but if our last member doesn't show up soon we can continue on without him

Arkotania
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Just to clarify something, my text coloring has nothing to do with OP color-code language system. I guess all dialogue from me will be in "Standard"(that's like the universal language I assume?).

I'm just testing to see if the posts are easier to go through when dialogue is colored different from other text for reading simplicity.
Mostly back from a long hiatus from the forums
Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Matt Ward

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:
Then your testicles become strange tentacles.

And then you make films in Japan.

Ovisterra wrote:
Oceanic people wrote:where lives are at steak

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Or maybe NS is also a degraded society.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

Kostemetsia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kostemetsia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Genomita wrote:Rest assured, my posts will get a lot more interesting once things get underway. By the way, did Olivia include anything like a medical report in her application (so Escha would know why she underwent such an extensive transformation)? Because if she did that would be something else i could work with. But I'll leave that decision to you.

Sorry, I didn't see this.

There would be a brief medical report - basically nothing more than that Olivia had a neurodegenerative disease. There probably wouldn't be a psychological profile included (I mention this because that might fall under 'why').
The Commonwealth (FT)
factbook | embassies and trade | CAFRI: 69 (Excellent)
background music requests

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Kshatijamanwhateverhisnameis posted! Huzzah! No man left behind!

I'll make a post tomorrow. :p

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:59 am

Btw Geno, I forgot to ask: What is the atmosphere on the ship like? Zaeri are very sensitive to cold temperatures and prefer wet, humid climates like those found on Yos Namoi.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:20 am

The insides of Genomitan ships tend to be quite warm and humid due to their plant-like nature, so I'm sure Ossala will feel pretty comfortable there once we go aboard.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Genomita wrote:The insides of Genomitan ships tend to be quite warm and humid due to their plant-like nature, so I'm sure Ossala will feel pretty comfortable there once we go aboard.

Oh, we're not on the ship? Good thing I didn't mention anything about the ship, because I thought we were already on it. :p

Scandroid
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandroid » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Yos Namoi wrote:Oh, we're not on the ship? Good thing I didn't mention anything about the ship, because I thought we were already on it. :p

That's ok. At first, I thought we were on Genomita. Geno had to telegram me to correct that.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:46 am

Scandroid wrote:
Yos Namoi wrote:Oh, we're not on the ship? Good thing I didn't mention anything about the ship, because I thought we were already on it. :p

That's ok. At first, I thought we were on Genomita. Geno had to telegram me to correct that.

Bah, Geno should have been more specific about where we were. :p

Or maybe he did and I misread something...

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:04 am

I thought it was specific enough, but I stand corrected. Perhaps I should've specified in the OP that you're all on a neutral space station.

By the way, the amphibian Genomitans are the descendants of biotech researchers who were forced to abandon their world after the regime they used to belong to labelled them heretics for abandoning the dogma of their tech cult in favor of more efficient research. They discoverd both the living fleet and the first farcasters while on the run from the regime's forces.

So if you come across four-armed amphibians travelling in blocky ships, approach with caution.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 am

Genomita wrote:I thought it was specific enough, but I stand corrected. Perhaps I should've specified in the OP that you're all on a neutral space station.

By the way, the amphibian Genomitans are the descendants of biotech researchers who were forced to abandon their world after the regime they used to belong to labelled them heretics for abandoning the dogma of their tech cult in favor of more efficient research. They discoverd both the living fleet and the first farcasters while on the run from the regime's forces.

So if you come across four-armed amphibians travelling in blocky ships, approach with caution.

Thanks for the clearing up.

But why approach with caution?

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Because unlike the members of the Star Community, the members of the old regime are not known for being friendly towards members of other species. Quite the opposite actually, they could probably match the Zaeri in terms of xenophobia. Part of the Genomitan reputation for compassion and acceptance stems from the time when their ancestors were forced to live as space nomads on the run from the regime. Since they often had to seek aid from rogue traders and allies from other species the regime would have considered enemies just for being different.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates