NATION

PASSWORD

Farcaster gates and frontiers (FT, , OOC and sign-up thread)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Genomita wrote:For the sake of convenience, let's say each of the datapads in the meeting hall also included a detailed map of the ship with different language settings, including the positions of your quarters and emergency routes. But feel free to ask for directions or a guided tour of the place if you like. After all, this ship will be your home for a while.

There were datapads in the meeting hall? I must've missed that part... :?

Varisea
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Varisea » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Sooooo...
I posted, but I can't really post again until I get invited onto the station (or sent directly to the ship).
That is, if you still want me. :( :( :(
Higgins and Brown: "Time to Purge Var, time to purge."
Napkiraly wrote:Still too violent. Rocks and scissors can encourage violent competitive behaviour and reinforce toxic masculinity.

USS Monitor wrote:I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

Luna Amore wrote:That title makes me want to vomit with rage.

The first Galactic Republic wrote: When you mentioned patriarchy out of nowhere, I realized that the human process had been lost.
Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67
Libertarian (Center) Leftist, Secular Humanist
More than you ever wanted to know about america's foreign policy

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:10 am

My bad, I knew I forgot something. I'm gonna fix that in a moment.

And of course we still want you ^_^

Edit: and done! And yes, the his in the last part is not a typo. Not all species in the Star Community are hermaphroditic, and even if they were, this is a neutral space station with a significant presence from other nations as well.
Last edited by Genomita on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:04 pm

I guess I'll just ask Escha for one of them datapad thingies in my next post.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Finally posted. :p

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:17 pm

I'm not sure why things started to drag like that, but I hope that we'll see some posts from you guys in the next few days. I'll let the ship leave the dock at the end of the week, and I hope everybody will be aboard until then ^^

Please note that this not quite a deadline, but more of an estimate when you can expect my next post. I don't want this RP to die before we even leave port, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys could chime in once in a while.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:51 pm

Genomita wrote:I'm not sure why things started to drag like that, but I hope that we'll see some posts from you guys in the next few days. I'll let the ship leave the dock at the end of the week, and I hope everybody will be aboard until then ^^

Please note that this not quite a deadline, but more of an estimate when you can expect my next post. I don't want this RP to die before we even leave port, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys could chime in once in a while.

I've seen it happen so many times it's not even funny.

5-10 people sign up for a RP, and then they ignore the whole thing or lose interest. It happens.

I'm not saying everyone lost interest or is ignoring it, I'm sure there are plenty of people patiently waiting like myself, or some that might be too busy at the moment. I'm just saying it happens, and those are the most often cases.

Scandroid
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Scandroid » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:35 am

Based on the fact that we're basically the only 3 that have talked in here in... oh, no, there's that new guy that starts with a V, who hasn't technically gotten onto the ship yet. Yeah, Varisea (had to scroll and find him, thanks mobile.) We're the only people that have expressed interest within the last week. Actually, Arkotania also said he'd post 'tomorrow' a week from yesterday. Yeah, other than the 5 of us, everyone else is pretty much gone, I'd guess. I'm at least slightly interested still, but I'm in other RPs that are (not for a lack of trying) actually running. No offense intended towards you, Geno (and Yos, as you're both mainly the ones trying to push this thing along.) If you are going to try and edge this thread along with just the 3-5 of us, I'll still be here.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:38 am

Scandroid wrote:Based on the fact that we're basically the only 3 that have talked in here in... oh, no, there's that new guy that starts with a V, who hasn't technically gotten onto the ship yet. Yeah, Varisea (had to scroll and find him, thanks mobile.) We're the only people that have expressed interest within the last week. Actually, Arkotania also said he'd post 'tomorrow' a week from yesterday. Yeah, other than the 5 of us, everyone else is pretty much gone, I'd guess. I'm at least slightly interested still, but I'm in other RPs that are (not for a lack of trying) actually running. No offense intended towards you, Geno (and Yos, as you're both mainly the ones trying to push this thing along.) If you are going to try and edge this thread along with just the 3-5 of us, I'll still be here.

^^^^

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Thanks Scandroid, I appreciate your help ^^

Varisea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Varisea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm onboard the station. That's... something.

Scandroid wrote:Based on the fact that we're basically the only 3 that have talked in here in... oh, no, there's that new guy that starts with a V, who hasn't technically gotten onto the ship yet. Yeah, Varisea (had to scroll and find him, thanks mobile.) We're the only people that have expressed interest within the last week. Actually, Arkotania also said he'd post 'tomorrow' a week from yesterday. Yeah, other than the 5 of us, everyone else is pretty much gone, I'd guess. I'm at least slightly interested still, but I'm in other RPs that are (not for a lack of trying) actually running. No offense intended towards you, Geno (and Yos, as you're both mainly the ones trying to push this thing along.) If you are going to try and edge this thread along with just the 3-5 of us, I'll still be here.

I FEEL SO LOVED!!!!! :lol2:
Napkiraly wrote:Still too violent. Rocks and scissors can encourage violent competitive behaviour and reinforce toxic masculinity.

USS Monitor wrote:I think this thread is already an RP. It's so disconnected from reality.

The first Galactic Republic wrote: When you mentioned patriarchy out of nowhere, I realized that the human process had been lost.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:13 am

Great, now you just have to make it aboard the ship :) But thanks for posting ^^

Scandroid
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Scandroid » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:07 am

Varisea wrote:I'm onboard the station. That's... something.

I FEEL SO LOVED!!!!! :lol2:

Hey, I added your full name after that. I'm not heartless.
I updated it to 'Mostly Heartless.'

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:08 am

I'm not sure if anybody cares, but I decided to swap the positions of the amphibians' upper and lower hands. I asked a friend of mine who's pretty with nonhuman anatomy and he said this configuration would be better for the sake of balance, as well for things such as climbing and swimming. It's just a minor change, but I think it makes more sense this way as well.
Last edited by Genomita on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:59 am

Genomita wrote:I'm not sure if anybody cares, but I decided to swap the positions of the amphibians' upper and lower hands. I asked a friend of mine who's pretty with nonhuman anatomy and he said this configuration would be better for the sake of balance, as well for things such as climbing and swimming. It's just a minor change, but I think it makes more sense this way as well.

They still got 4 arms though right?

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:17 am

Yup. The stronger but less dexterous webbed hands on the upper arms are used for things like climbing, swimming, fighting and yes, walking on all fours while the lower hands are used for tasks requiring more precision, as well as eating and social gestures. For amphibian Genomitans eating with your upper hands is viewed kind of like holding your food with your feet.

No such anatomical differences in the case of transhuman Genomitans of course, their hands are all the same size.

Varisea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Varisea » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:03 pm

I will probably post my own thing in the next several days and finally meet up with you all, unless Genomita or someone else wants to do something else. Assuming we are still doing this, if not please let me know :(

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Sorry about the delayed response, I'm a bit all over the place right now and have trouble focusing on writing. But yes, we are still doing this, so feel free to post your own thing whenever you like ^^

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:05 am

Sorry bout the double post. I am not dead, just absentminded and somewhat distracted by my favorite digital ccg Faeria right now. I'll make sure to post something tomorrow.

Edit: I've also decided to make Niuti (the amphibian aliens represented by the guardian and shaper) dual-gendered both to make things less confusing to read and for the sake of writing. The transhuman Genomitans are still hermaphroditic though.
Last edited by Genomita on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates