NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 41st WorldVision Song Contest | Quickenden, Britonisea

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:40 pm

At least if Tödlichebujoku gains more mass, it can turn into a star

21. _Tödlichebujoku_

Single Tear

ZTA + Sudet

With the unexpectedly low placing of Kiraya's "Glow" in WV40, the selection committee at TÖBUK decided to enter something a bit more reminiscent of the high-placing entries from WV35 and 36. With ZTA and Sudet's "Only Tear", the committee appears to have done what it set out to do.

ZTA, a producer and DJ with roots from Müllhipu, headlined the after-show concert when the city hosted WorldVision 36 there. An avid fan of the contest, he followed the contest closely since he learned about it in WV32 and has jumped at every opportunity to throw his name into the entry selection. However, a constant conflict between TÖBUK's intentions and his own busy schedule has kept him off the WorldVision stage until now.
Sudet- real name Sauli Koch- on the other hand, largely kept away from the spotlight until his role in a song played at a dramatic and emotional moment in a popular soap opera launched him to the tops of the charts and into the public conscience. Previously "just a small-time singer from Rotlichtchiku", he is now touring the country on the wings of unexpected success. Now, the two have come together with "Single Tear", a song about a collapsed relationship that makes use of double meanings to convey the various details involved in the collapse and its aftermath.

When asked about the song title's pronunciation, the two have stated that both ("tare" and "teer") are correct, as both will be used in the song, and the distinctions emphasized through graphics and lyrical context. At the very least, both the artists and the broadcaster hope that the entry will do better than the previous entry- but with the recent shake-ups in WorldVision voting, who knows what will happen?

A faint pulse of blue flashes through the stadium. ZTA is begins playing a keyboard in the back, backlit in mist, and golden spotlights slant down on Sudet as he begins to sing
Sunlight's streaming through the window
Never thought it'd end like this
And now I'm frozen into limbo
Oh... oh...

The background screen shows a figure huddled into a fetal position, then a picture of a heart with rooms within it like an apartment building. Sudet looks downwards
Crumpled, sobbing in the mattress
Feel so empty that you're gone
Silence echoes through my chambers
Ohh.. ohh..

The screen then shows a white sheet tearing in half, and spotlights radiate out from ZTA. Sudet looks out with a saddened expression
Our love was doomed to be woven
One break, and we would soon fall apart
Our wayward souls would diverge so
All it took was, was a single tear

A teardrop traces its way down a cheek on the screen
Our love was only capricious
One fight, and we would soon fall on out
Our wild souls would collide so

The lights turn down, and the stage becomes white, like an empty white room. Faint silhouettes act out scenes on the walls
Silent rooms echo with memories
Like the voids inside my heart
You were always such a sweet tease
Oh... oh...

The stage is darkened by pulsing wave of gray and some heightened thunder-like bass sound effects
Never saw the dark clouds coming
Not the thunder, nor the rain
Now I'm left forever wand'ring
Ohh... ohh...

Sudet falls to his knees, and cries out before the chorus. The lights radiate out from ZTA and the screen shows a torn white sheet rippling in the breeze
I let you go
Our love was doomed to be woven
One break, and we would soon fall apart
Our wayward souls would diverge so

The screen shows a teardrop about to drip off a chin
Our love was only capricious
One fight, and we would soon fall on out
Our wild souls would collide so

Sudet is still on his knees, with an expression of anguish on face. The stage falls into pitch blackness except for strobe lights illuminating Sudet from different angles, and occasionally backlighting ZTA. Blue lasers accentuate the music, and mist seeps around Sudet, who is accompanied by several male dancers in black clothes. The dancers whirl and writhe around him in a concerted manner until the music stops and a brief flash illuminates all on stage
[end 3:45 on music video]

Rising out of the mist, Sudet and ZTA come together at the front of the stage and shout, "Kiitos kaikille!" together before leaving.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:42 pm

(Hurray for a new logo!)

TRTTwo Presents: Worldvision 41, Live From Quickenden, Britonsea
Your commentators for the evening are Florence Arc, Michael Butler, and Nicholas Butler.

FA: And we're here!
MB: Live from Quickenden...
NB: Britonsea, it's...

FA, MB, NB: Worldvision 41!

FA: I would just like to point out that this is the first time we've all been together since WV35.
MB: That's means for a celebration then.
NB: You know what that means guys. We ain't going in dry.

OPENING ACT

FA: That was a nice little pop-song, no?
MB: Meh, it was kinda dated.
NB: It's kinda weird, seeing 30ish men singing a boy band song...
FA: So apparently, they also want to represent Britonsea in Worldvision 42.
MB: Do it with a better song then.
NB: I'd imagine that there's some new teenage fantasies in Talvezout now.

1 - Kasanova-Koratica

MB: I'm just going to read this now: "TRTTwo would like to apologize for any emotional or mental distress caused by this program."
FA: I'm crying.
NB: "Even my sweat is raising up a smell." Oh god, no.
FA: Credit where credit is due, she's singing pretty well...

2 - Estogium
FA: The real start of the show, methinks.
MB: I liked that. Estogium always brings the good songs in.
FA & NB: *singing* "Will I fall with you..."

3 - Volcanoc
FA: I really liked that one. It was unique, modern, and catchy.
NB: Meh. Too strange.
NB: Weird intonation.
FA: I still think it's good. I mean, the TRT poll had this in 6th place...
NB: That's what they also had for our WV37 entry as well, mind you.

4 - Polkopia
MB: This is something different.
NB: Kinda brave coming from Polkopia.
FA: Still as good as ever however.
MB: This should hopefully, and should, do well.

5 - San Llera
FA: I wonder why they're in hazmat suits.
NB: That was liquid.
MB & FA: ....What?
NB: It was liquid.
MB: What does that mean?
NB: That it's liquid!
FA: The feck does liquid mean?

6 - Bloodbath Generation

7 - Ekoz

8 - Talvezout

FA: That was lacking.
NB: Agreed. Something felt wrong there.
MB: Too shrieky? Maybe it's because we've sent 3 dance songs in a row.

9 - Esta Lloviendo
FA: I feel bad for the two.
MB: On the bright side, at least they're out of the WV contract now.

10 - Nekoni

11 - Rotia

12 - Dreamplanet

FA: I've always liked the DP entries. They're like the plucky little country that never gives up.
NB: I'd imagine we'll vote for them again.
MB: We always do.

13 - Mister X
NB: Dance music. Nice.
MB: We need more male dance artists in Talvezout.
FA: Mister X entries always have that specific sound to them. Still like them however.
Last edited by Talvezout on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:10 am

Worldvision 41, MondeVis 41
WorldVision Coverage with Marcus Riveron

Hello, I'm Marcus Riveron, and welcome back to the yearly cringefest that is the WorldVision "Song" Contest, if you can actually call it a song contest. We are here tonight in Quikenden, Britonisea, a place that after this I will never visit again and hope to totally erase from my mind. This year, don't expect anything much unless you like brain-cell destroying, tedious and generic pop music, because you'll most likely hear enough of that tonight. I do wish I could have been commentator last time because it would have been fun to be there when Praciba won, and it was a good song, but I had other commitments. Don't get me wrong, some of the songs are half-decent and you do get a gem now and again but the vast majority make a recording of a person being tortured and killed sound like the best symphony ever; in fact, there may even be some torture on stage, although rumour has it that Gregoryisgodistan forgot to enter this time. Once again, prepare to be underwhelmed by the utter lack of talent and let's get on with the yearly "choose the worst song (other than last year) and give it a special prize" contest.

Opening Act
Right, BVC are pretty much taking about themselves and how they have fared in the pass, as well as how desperate they were to get to host. They've complained about is so long that finally it appears everyone gave up and gave them the "honour", although I imagine we soon may regret that. Here are our two hosts, who seem at least a bit more competent than the Titaniumlander ones from WV39, so that's good. And so that is the opening act finis...oh no, we have another opening song. I thought that was the opening song.

We have just endured an awful, outdated pop song by a seemingly outdated and washed up pop group who are desperate for a career reboot and have 0 talent when on stage. The lyrics were a good attempt but were odd t points and at other points menacing and overbearing state-ish (of course you will note my own dislike of the state brainwashing people, with good reason). Overall, it was a mediocre performance by mediocre performers. However, we shouldn't have been expecting anything good, and alas it seems WV40 was just a blip. Anyway, now onto the circus...I mean, the parade of nations, when all the freaks...sorry again, I mean acts, are shown off to everyone.

Now we are at the greenroom for approximately two seconds, which is all the time I can be bothered to give to it. I mean, who cares about the greenroom. Anyway, it's time for the first act from Kasanova-Korotica.

Kasanova-Korotica
Oh god, if there was one thing that WorldVision had escaped up to now, it was a song about people shaking their posterior in a vulgar manner, but now we have one. It was an interesting first act, and thankfully performing first doesn't mean you will end up first, for all of our sakes. No need to listen to that one again...also, hasn't that music been used before?

Estogium
This country is popular with the crowd, but not so much with me. This song almost sent me to sleep, as a lot of these type of ballads do, but people seem to like them. I'm not, however, most people, which may explain why I didn't like this. Still, I expect it to do well as is inevitable. I think there are a few ballads tonight, including us, so it will be interesting which does best.

Volcanoc
I'm not going to lie...I rather enjoyed that, and I certainly wasn't expecting it from a nation called Volcanoc. I didn't get the staging at times, but the song was alright. It's not going to win, but it'll certainly get a few points.

Polkopia
Something a little different from Polkopia, and I'm too sure what to think of it. It seemed to have that flawless production we expect, and as always the Polkopian language is beautiful. However, I got a little tired of the song after a while. Still, expect this to do well, as Polkopia nearly always do, to much annoyance.

San Llera
The song seemed a little too cheery for the subject matter, and the haz-mat men were a little strange. The music was alright, I suppose; at least, it's better than some stuff that's been here in the past.

Bloodbath Generation
I loved that, and I'm sure that you lot back home do too. This will do very well on the Normand charts and probably will do well in the voting. Once again, BGen present us w
the lovely sounds of synthesizers, even if this time it's a bit more chilled.

Ekoz
I know I shouldn't like this but I do. Yes, bits of it - especially bits of the lyrics - are a little generic but overall I do like it. Well done Ekoz and STV, you have done well to get me to like a song like this.

Talvezout
There's no doubt that this will do well, although I'm not it's biggest fan. I like the concept and the singer's voice, but the song isn't to my taste. Not as good as their WV38 entry, which was their best, but a decent one all the same. In fact, I am starting to like it more...

Esta Lloviendo
And here is the land of rain, with a song that's as soggy as a wet paper towel. I do like the style of the song, but couldn't Esta Lloviendo try something different? At least the lyrics aren't about nature this time, that "privilege" went to Talvezout.

Nekoni

Rotia
At first, I liked this. It was spooky and erie and I really liked the feeling of the song. I even still enjoyed it by the middle. My only criticism is that by the end it get a bit boring. Not much, and it's a good song all the same.

Dreamplanet
As per usual from Dreamplanet; a good song (actually, a brilliant song this time) but a distinct lack of staging. Also, the lyrics are a bit meh. The music is absolutely amazing, and it's a shame they didn't build on that. This could have been brilliant, but unfortunately it's garbage.

Mister X
I loved it. I absolutely loved it. What another brilliant entry from Mister X (even if they are right-wing erfselorer*). This should do well, but I imagine it won't do well with the young'uns, unless they happen to live in Normandy and Picardy. I will certainly be listening to this after the contest.

Kwadai
This sounds like something from my teenage years, and I'm absolutely loving it. I have a feeling this will do very well with the Normand vote. If you could have seen me during the song, I was dancing away like no one's business. Finally, Kwadai have got a song that I actually like...no, love!

Free Republics

The Sword Bloke
Is that music being used again? Yes, it's a good song. Yes, someone did well with it. But how many times must it be used? Also, don't get me started about those lyrics. It's the same violence sort of thing that has been done a million times before. I seriously have become desensitised to it, but I still wish it wasn't a part of the contest.

Krytenia
We used this tune a few contests back, didn't we? If I remember right, we did rather well with it, but this song won't. Also, I don't get why they are singing from the steeple. The lyrics are at parts alright and at parts generic and reused rubbish, as this song is overall. This may do ok, but it won't be at the top for certain.

Electrum
Are you sure this is Electrum? BVC must have mixed it up...no? (He is then told by the technical crew this isn't the case). Overall, an okay entry. I've got a feeling this well get votes from quite a few nations, but it isn't a winner. Still, I'd keep an eye on this, although we won't probably vote for it. I know you voters well by know, so I know you probably won't vote for it.

Normandy and Picardy
This is us, and I nearly fell asleep again. I have a feeling we'll do okay with this, possibly on the level of our last entry. Not a winner, but knowing the habits of WorldVision, this should do okay. I don't expect to win; we never will. Unfortunately, I know what song's next and that could destroy our chances.

Izmedu
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz... Sorry, What? Oh yes, Izmedu. Another ballad; we seem to have a few of them this year. I suppose it's the reaction to Praciba winning last time. Now, I tried not to fall asleep but I did, especially after the last entry as well and the long journey here. Still, I have a feeling this could do well. It's a nice enough song, at least what I heard of it.

Todlichebujoku
It started nicely enough, if a tad boringly. Then, I don't know what happened with it, except it stayed rather boring. To be honest, this isn't a song to right home about, although knowing my opinions on Todlichebujoku's previous entries and how they have fared, I have discovered that the ones I like do badly and the ones I don't like do well. Therefore, expect this to do well.

The Sarian
Ooh, I like this. It's a very good song for The Sarian, and it deserves to do very well. I just love all of it; the music, the lyrics (although at times a little weak)...all of it. I know people in The Sarian and in the community think they have no chance but I wouldn't right this off, although I may be biased as I like this a lot.

Yttribia
Sorry but I nearly fell to sleep again. This contest has seriously had a lot of slow, depressing and boring entries, and I don't like it. Hopefully, something fun comes up soon.

Gregoryisgodistan
The music was nice. I wasn't surprised. That's all I'm going to say.

Gim
Soooooo depressing. Seriously, we need someone to liven up this contest and to do it soon. I feel like going to sleep; no, I feel like crying myself to sleep. This is what this contest has done. Hopefully, next contest will be a bit more upbeat.

Associated Godlands
I'm not even going to comment on this entry, it was that bad and offensive. Oh wait, I did just comment on it.

*An offensive term in Norgwean
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:59 am

.:: 22 - The Sarian ::.
.:: Monday Morning - Who I Am ::.

.:: Language(s): English ::.

To the tune of: To the tune of: Walk Off The Earth - Rule The Wolrd

Monday Morning are a new face in Sari music, with Who I Am being their first venture since coming second in the popular television singing competition, The Flame. The band, which originates from Gorgona on Isle Kensingtea, consists of Georgia, Lucas, Alfie, Jamie and Harry abd has come under fire for not being experienced enough for the competition, with critics pointing out that all acts that have finished in the top 10 for The Sarian have had chart success before the competition whilst others have just felt the song was plain bad - the odds of the group achieving a better score than Louis Black in WorldVision 40 is 100/1.

I am who I am
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh
Oh Oh Oh Oh

It’s no decision
Baby, I was born this way (Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh)
Guess it’s just my fate (Oh Oh Oh Oh)
I had a vision (Oh Oooh)
Of it all being okay (Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh)
Your views decay (Oh Oh Oh Oh)

I can’t help what I’m feeling
What’s going on, what’s going on

I do my life, oh, I am who I am
Don’t care for the rules, it’s all out now
I’ll shout it loud, oh, I'm doing my life now
Not scared of the crowd, I won’t give up
One day you will know, That I won’t let go
My life will go on, without yo’ yo’ yo’
I am who I am

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh
Oh Oh Oh Oh

It’s no delusion
Love is much more than that (Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh)
More than your attack (Oh Oh Oh Oh)
Fuck your religion (Oh Oooh)
I live my life off fact (Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh)
Let’s end that at that (Oh Oh Oh Oh)

I am who I am

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh
Oh Oh Oh Oh
I am who I am
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh
Oh Oh Oh Oh
Oh Oooh
Oh Oooh

I am who I am
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh
Oh Oh Oh Oh
I am who I am
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh
Oh Oh Oh Oh
I am who I am
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oooh
Oh Oh Oh Oh
I am who I am

Oh Oh Oh Oh
Oh Oh Oh Oh
Last edited by The Sarian on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:14 am

Live coverage of the 41st WorldVision Song Contest, held in Quickenden, Britonisea

With John Hayes (JH) and William Stewart (WS)

[Teeth advert as per usual]

JH: *Live Camera Shot of people walking in to the stadium* Hello and welcome to the 41st WorldVision Song Contest, here in Britonisea!
WS: And I am here, with you, in Britonisea. I am William Stewart and we are your commentators for the first and probably last WorldVision Song Contest held here in Quickenden.
JH: So, you must be wondering where Tess Philipa, or Jonaton Willis is or even Kelsy! Well, Tess Philipa is the greenroom host, Jonaton is the main host with Mini. And Kelsy is working backstage of the WorldVision Song Contest.
WS: If you don't remember us,
JH: We were the commentators for the WorldVision Song Contest 31-33, I believe.
WS: Yes It was great of the idea of hosting the WorldVision Song Contest, whether it would be the 35th or the 39th edition, however, it doesn't seem like others liked the idea of that.
JH: What do you mean it was a good idea?
WS: I will speak to you about this during the contest, perhaps during the nation's parade, I can pick apart who is who.
JH: Okay. Well tonight, we have a great show for you tonight, *WS Whines* and hopefully this process will be quick and easy to beat Ekoz's 40th WorldVision which was the best i have ever experienced.
WS: Well we will see about that.
JH: What do you mean, I thought people loved us hosting the contest, we are quite popular, aren't we?

The Welcome and Opening Ceremony

WS: That's something you don't see a lot. Two songs for the Opening Ceremony, that's what we need. I don't care whether it was something that you'd expect or something soppish, however, that is Britonish Culture and that's what you're going to get, to be honest.
JH: Yes! *Claps* The People at home are delighted this is being held here with rubbish music and a dull audience. It is us! We rock.
WS: Well let's look at the Parade.

The National Parade

WS: Right, so let's go through this, Estogium got a very good response from the crowd, and then Bloodbath Generation had a good response, oh if only they knew about what's going on in the so-called BGEN.
JH: Please enlighten.
WS: Well, apparently, nation's are marching through the streets protesting that BGEN wasted their money on failed attempts, and whatever and what else.
JH: To be honest, I don't know why we are hosting it. If there's going to be protest, we can happily scrap the contest right here and move the participants straight to Bloobath Generation and start the contest from where we left off 2 weeks later.
WS: Yep. Bloodbath Generation didn't fail and hosting the competition; They weren't successful this time around. They produced a great bid, and so did we.
JH: Yeah I guess.

The Greenroom

WS: Whoop, that is our lovely, lovely, Mya Richardson who got us triple digits. Great woman. She is performing later on in the show, not the first 20 anyways.
JH: Yep, let's get started with the contest. kasanova Koratica with "Twerking Hard"

1) Kasanova Koratica
WS: Well, it started off very well. Then I didn't get the rest.
JH: It was a very nice song, however I don't think people at home appreciate a dancing plague such as twerking.
WS: True. I know I don't.
JH: Interesting? I think so. If you would like to vote Kasanova Koratica, text "01" or call 0123-456-8901.
WS: Next up it is Estogium, with a nice peaceful song.

2) Estogium
JH: I love this song. It is so peaceful, so calm.
WS: I agree. I think this song could do well tonight, however, it could be one of those songs people forget about.
JH: I agree, which is a shame.
WS: Well this contest is going quite fast, so, If you would like to vote Estogium, text "02" or call 0123-456-8902.

3) Volcanoc
JH: Wow, I love this song. I enjoyed Do it Slow.
WS: No. It is not Do it Slow, it is dO iT sLoW.
JH: You said it the same as I, I can't tell the difference between the two titles.
WS: Yes, because you're not a real fan of them. You liar.
JH: If you would like to vote Volcanoc, text "03" or call 0123-456-8903. I do like them.
WS: Oh really.
JH: Yes! Polkopia is up next, are they going to win, I don't think so. I mean they win everything. No wonder people have this hat-

4) Polkopia

WS: This is certainly something different. Woah, this is good.
JH: Meh.
WS: What is wrong with you. Yants Dans or Yasha wants or whatever she said.
JH: If Polkopia wins, I am walking on that stage.
WS: Okay. I think Polkopia was right to choose something like this; I doubt on this winning, but it would certainly do well.
JH: Good.
WS: Fun Fact, the original postcard Polkopia received had a spelling mistake on it. And the Britonish Organisation team said "They spelt it in NBL"
JH: Yeah, sure. We ended up doing something wrong with Izmedu's too!
WS: Stupid Brit's aye? Text "04" or call 0123-456-8904.

5) San Llera

JH: This is milky, oh I like this beat. It feels like I am sipping milky hot chocolate. Yum.
WS: Why was he sitting on the floor?
JH: I am not sure.
WS: I hope he doesn't mess it up. I am going to see if I can get on stage during the Bloodbath Generation Presentation.
JH: Presentation?
WS: You'll see.
JH: If you would like to vote San Llera, Text "05" or call 0123-456-8905. Next up is Bloodbath Generation.
WS: Great.

6) Bloodbath Generation

WIP

7) Ekoz

WIP

*During Izmedu's Presentation*

JH: How was that for you?
WS: You know, I think that the first part of the song contest went well.
JH: So tell me about Kalosia and BGEN then, you forgot to tell me during the flag ceremony.
WS: Nothing. All I am saying is that I personally won't vote for those two.
JH: Yep, I understand.
WS: It's because some BITC (I think) correspondents acted in a rude manner and picked out everything wrong with their contest, World hit 19. Well Sorry love, you can do so to us. I doubt we'll take drastic action like that.
JH: I want to punch them IN THE GUT.
WS: Here we go.
JH: What?
WS: No, here we go, it is Talvezout.

8) Talvezout
JH: Mmm...Interesting.
WS: No offense, but I think Talvezout is getting pushed out a bit. If you understand.
JH: Yeah, I am not hearing a lot from Talvezout, they need a big push.
WS: Definitely.
JH: To vote Talvezout, Text "08" or call 0123-456-8908

9) Esta Loviendo

WS: YES! 12 POINTS!
JH: Why do you love Esta Lloviendo?
WS: Excuse me, but, I love them because I think they're awesome.
JH: I love the type of music they send, as so does Britonisea. About 2 songs from Esta Lloviendo are in the Top-10 of Britonish WorldVision Charts. But you know.
WS: Must you speak no more. VOTE Esta! Text "09" or call 0123-456-8909. Now it is Nekoni.

10) Nekoni

11) Rotia

12) Dreamplanet

JH: The glowing streetlight, aye?
WS: She looked like a streetlight.
JH: The Britonish spectators didn't like it.
WS: Hmm, well we will see.
JH: Nothing more to say really. Vote Dreamplanet why don't you? Text "12" or call 0123-456-8912!

13) Mister X

WS: Well he is hot isn't he. But Mister X, meh.
JH: I liked it. I NEED YOU! YEAH! BABY! 12 POINTS!
WS: You're not supposed to like Mister X.
JH: Gimme Gossip.
WS: Later. Vote Mister X if you dare. Text "13" unluckily or call 0123-456-8913.

14) KwaDai

JH: You gotta love some KwaDai once in a while, am I correct?
WS: Yes, this deserves 12 points.
JH: Well, I think 10 would suit them just well.
WS: Whatever. I think not.
JH: Cool, to vote KwaDai Text "14" or call the number 0123-456-8914.
WS: Guess what?
JH: What? We are half way from seeing Britonisea! Who is performing, 27th!
WS: 27th! That is the Britonish Lucky Number!
JH: Exactly. Next up Free Republics.

15) Free Republics

WS: Well.
JH: Free Republics.
WS: Urgh. Free Republics.
JH: Thanks for hosting the Oly-
WS: I think we should stop teasing them. It's obviously an honour to host, you know.
JH: Sorry, but I think that's the only thing I think about when Free Republics perform, I don't think that's bad.
WS: Yeah, well. Well done Free Republics. Text "15" or call the number 0123-456-8915.

JH: Lol, they're talking about the tennis ball situation.
WS: Lol? What's Lol?
JH: Shh...I am listening.
WS: Well you look at this.
***After***
JH: Interesting conversation.
WS: Shall we get on with The Sword Bloke?

16) The Sword Bloke

WS: This song may make Mya angry. There are a lot of coincidences this edition.
JH: For example?
WS: Mister X is performing 13th here in Britonisea. But did you know, when Mister X hosted the contest back in '34, we performed there 13th?
JH: No I certainly didn't know that.
WS: They are using the same tune we came 5th in at Polkopia '38. And they're using it when Mya is singing. They're taking libs. Did you actually know that about two other nations were supposed to use this tune? In total that's 6 nations. We should've put copyright claims on it. Text "16" or call the number 0123-456-8916.
JH: Next up. Krytenia.

17) Krytenia

JH: "We are flying to the highest heights!" Well Krytenia, "Nomandpic used it long ago!" However, good attempt.
WS: Yeah, I quite enjoyed it. It was something different.
JH: On other news, you know Daniel, the WHF Commentator?
WS: Yes?
JH: He will be making a nice welcome to personally thrash Kalosia in the face. Something like "Deceived by Polkopia" but it will be called "Sour Grapes Kalosia?"
WS: Nice, next up, cover up for some tennis balls! Those balls will whack them straight in the face.
JH: That innuendo...Oh! Let's vote for KryKry, let's cry for Krytenia. Actually, that is what they're National Finals should be called. Cry for Kry! "17" or call the number 0123-456-8917.

18) Electrum

WS: Sexy tune. This is some Esta Lloviendo. I bet you Esta Lloviendo would give them 10 or 12. I mean come on.
JS: Yes. I have to agree. Something you'd hear from Esta Lloviendo.
WS: Did you hear people threw tennis balls at Electrum?
JS: Yes that was funny. huh.
WS: huh. Well vote Electrum, Text "18" or call the number 0123-456-8918. Beware if they win, tennis balls will go flying.

19) Normandy and Picardy

JS: I think that Normandy and Picardy sends good songs.
WS: Meh. I don't like Normandy and Picardy. With their gobby commentator.
JS: What does the commentator have to do with the music?
WS: I don't want to the commentator to be happy and snobbish.
JS: Oh well, let's vote Normandy and Picady, Text "19" or call the number 0123-456-8919

20) Izmedu

WS: We can't have two of these type of the songs together. It creates a boring atmosphere.
JS: Meh, they said Britonisea pre-voted these people an eight points.
WS: Well I wouldn't. At least this song builds up.
JS: Interesting.
WS: To vote Izmedu, Please text "20" or call the number 0123-456-8920

21) Tödlichebujoku

WS: Gas Giants.
JS: Gassy.
WS: They're getting so gassed because they've won this contest before.
JS: I have nothing more to say about them...Gassed.
WS: Neither me, To vote the Gas Giants, Please text "21" or call the number 0123-456-8921.

22) The Sarian

WS: This is quite. Well I can see why 100/1 comes in to this equation.
JS: It is interesting, I don't really know how to explain it.
WS: Me neither.
JS: Meh.
WS: Voting The Sarian? Please text "22" or call the number 0123-456-8922

23) Yttribia

WS: What is with these songs? Come on Yttribia! Give me some boogie 70s Craze!
JS: Yep, Gimme some life. This is lifeless.
WS: I like her voice and her lyrics, but this needs some..Electro addition.
JS: Or me!
WS: Nope. You'll make it bad.
JS: Whatever, Please text "23" or call the number 0123-456-8923. Next is...Gregoryisgodistan, huh. Here we go.

24) Gregoryisgodistan

WS:...
JS:...
WS: Why urgh, Why has the...?
JS: Poor llama. I urge you not to vote for Gregoryisgodistan.
WS: But here . "24" or call the number 0123-456-8924

25) Gim

JS: *Yawns* Um. This song is like a lullaby. It is sweet.
WS: But is it point-worthy?
JS: Meh. You see, this WV Song Contest people are sending some slow songs. It is getting on my nerves.
WS: I think that Britonish Song is slow.
JS: We'll see. Vote them. "25" or call the number 0123-456-8925

26) Associated Godlands

JS: This song again.
HS: They want to kill us. Because we added a U to saviour.
JS: Lol that's funny.
WH: Sick rhythm, bad lyrics. We should ban this kind of music. This is the fourth song like this? Right?
JS: Meh. "26" or call the number 0123-456-8926. Well it is Britonisea now. And we get our own introduction! Yay!

27) Britonisea

WS: Brilliant.
JH: Tess Philipa done well helping. It wasn't boring. The tune was lovely. It has a minor climax, but that's not a bad thing.
WS: Yes. I enjoyed it, certainly a change of direction from the others.
JH: Yep, I agree. Hopefully, we can score a few points.
WS: Remember, Britonish Viewers may not vote for Britonisea.
JH: Next up we have Rick Leg. That Homophobe.
WS: He was the guy right?
JH: I think so.

28) Missus X

JH: This is unacceptable, and I can't believe that the Britonish Officials made them perform.
WS: Exactly, absolutely horrific.
JH: Disgusting behaviour. And I suggest them getting a good ear bashing.
WS: Good tune though, but on our stage, that's disgusting.
JH: But if you think about it. 68% of Britonish are bi.
WS: So? Showing your cock like him makes him look so desperate. Though I do think he would get a few Britonish...prosses. "28" or call the number 0123-456-8928.

29) Gaciadia

30) Anilons

WS: Urgh.
JH: Urgh.
WS: Creepy. "30" or call the number 0123-456-8930.
JH: Very.
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:17 am

/ 23 - Yttribia /
/ Juliette Yuan - An Unreal Fantasy /

/ Language(s): English /

To the tune of: Alice Way - Boy on the Moon

Born Princess Juliette, of the Pelletier House, the 24 year old singer had endured an extremely difficult childhood being a part of Yttribian 'royalty' (They are not recognized as such, but essentially treated as such by the press and public populace). She had been forced to live a life she did not want to live, yet was unable to come out with this statement until the age of 16. On her sixteenth birthday, Juliette and her parents reached a boiling point, in which she was thrown out onto the streets with little money, and disowned from the family. Eight years later, Yuan wrote this song to reflect her transition into being a regular citizen, after being raised by aristocratic 'royalty,' and how she survived using her voice and guitar. This song is considered one of the primary reasons as to why Yttribians voted against implementing a monarchy last year. She thanks the Nauy Inn for allowing her to stay until she got back on her feet, using the name in reverse in homage.

The stage is graced with a light amount of fog. Juliette Yuan is sitting on a stool in the centre of the stage. On her lap is her guitar, Cristobal, which she has had since the age of eighteen. The spotlight shines on Juliette and her guitar, as the first notes are played. As she starts to play, two spotlights shine on a male and female ballet dancer. The two make their way towards each other, as they begin to dance with one another as Juliette proceeds to tell her story using the two things she's learned to tell stories with: her vocal cords and her guitar.

I've heard of this unrealistic cartoon, of how and when
This young nice Camelot princess, who wish she were dead
And how her heart's large cavity and what was deprived:
Her own desire to survive, and not be wronged this time

Here she was, ready to transition from the younger girl that was Yttribian 'royalty', to the paycheck-to-paycheck starving artist, longing to live her unreal fantasy. She pleads to whatever deity is up there, wishing that the Princess could have been herself and not be someone she wasn't. As she sings, the ballet dancers embrace as the male begins to carry his partner as they spin around, reflecting the revolving world around Juliette.

How can we die too soon, then why, oh why must I
Act like I'm pure and gold, guided by false lights
No four leaf clover will make me feel lucky
As now I lampoon over my unreal fantasy
Here trying to survive as the unfair life goes on
And I think my chances aren't this strong

The powerful chorus begins to die down as the 'tension' shown between the dancers reflects Princess Juliette's questioning of her own lifestyle, attempting to break free from her false life that she never wanted granted. Juliette can be seen with a singer tear going down on her cheek, but continues to play and sing powerfully, reflecting the new person that she is. The fog is somewhat less, serving as a symbol that Princess Juliette's life is to clear up, and her purpose to be revealed soon.

She knows her dreams are limited, and just a fantasy
She sees that her life is full of misprints, that never leave
And as the dark dusk night falls, she now will lose her mind
Yet she wants to be credible, yet won't take this in stride

Princess Juliette's transition from royalty to 'commoner' status becomes more evident as the fog clears up, with some still remaining; in addition, both dancers are shown to be distraught and in a state of confusion because they cannot come to terms with being one, and continue to debate mentally whether or not to come to terms with each other, as the guitar continues to be played; however, more 'force' is being placed, thus giving the guitar a stronger sound.

How can we die too soon, then why, oh why must I
Act too damn cold as I am guided by false lights
No four leaf clover will make me feel lucky
As now I lampoon my unreal fantasy
Here trying to survive as the unfair life goes on
And I think my chances aren't this strong

A small guitar solo occurs, with Juliette crying a bit more, as teardrops begin to appear on her guitar. She's admiring herself, as she mentally recalls the time that Princess Juliette, of the Pelletier family, became Juliette Yuan, regular citizen of the Yttribian Confederation. The ballet dancers are trying to dance away from each other, realizing that the inevitable union is to happen, but both are unable to accept this. Just as Juliette begins to sing, the two cannot take it anymore, realizing the unavoidable, and finally reunite, and proceed to dance together once more, to Juliette's transition from royalty to regularity.

I know that this girl is not lucky
As we both dreamed of an unreal fantasy
While we attempt to survive what we've faced along
As we both realize how we're wronged

Juliette sings the chorus once last more, in a powerful manner as she hopes to evoke thoughts as to her life story, with the dancers finally performing their routine from earlier. With the fog now cleared, this now resembles a complete transition into Juliette Yuan.

We know that we've tried to live normally
Yet we realize this unreal fantasy
As to how we're not revived, our souls dead too long
And now you know that I'll be walking with y'all.
(As you're singing this song)

Yuan plays the final chords of her emotional ballad, recalling life as a member of the Yttribian regal family. She puts her guitar aside, as the two ballet dancers come to a gracious halt. The spotlight fades out on them, as Yuan stands up from her stool, and bows. She calmly makes her way off stage, to the cheers of the audience. This was her life story told in song. And that, was the proudest she's ever felt about herself in a long time.
Last edited by Yttribia on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:28 am

24. Gregoryisgodistan
Singer TBD
“We’ll Nuke Them”
Tune: “Grease Lightning”

Singer TBD (yes, that's his name) walks onto the stage wearing a flameproof, bulletproof, bombproof suit and carrying a bag of props. Then he begins to sing.

Our leader’s gonna nuke them
Gonna nuke them
Gonna nuke them
We’ll nuke them!

We’ll get some nukes and drop them all on Saintland, oh yeah
We’ll nuke them
Oh, we’re gonna nuke them
We’ll drop some more on Jeckland and Chiata, oh my
We’ll nuke them

Singer TBD takes 50 (non-nuclear) bombs and throws them into the audience as they go off. The audience screams in terror and tries to escape but finds the exits are blocked by Gregoryisgodistani Enemy Crushers who will crush anyone who tries to escape. He then burns the flags of Saintland, Jeckland, and Chiata. Then he continues to sing.

SJG we will nuke thee
And also Britonisea
Also Apox will be gone
When we drop atomic bombs
We’re gonna nuke them
Nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke

Singer TBD takes 200 more bombs and throws them in the audience as they go off. Then he burns the flags of San Jose Guayabal, Britonisea, and Apox, and throws the flaming Britonish flag into the audience. Finally, he continues to sing.

Oh we’ll nuke then, everyone on Enemy List
We’ll nuke them
Xylocarp Isle and Xylocarpstan will die
We’ll nuke them
And Llamaland will turn to sand
When we nuke them
Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke

Singer TBD smashes 500 coconuts (aka xylocarps) in the middle of the stage and sets the mess on fire. Then he throws 500 bombs into the audience as the audience panics again. Finally, he kicks the flaming coconut mess into the audience while burning a flag of Super-Llamaland and a llama. The flaming llama somehow falls into the audience and sets members of it on fire while kicking and spitting on them.

Grand Britonish Kingdom and Gloriax will die, oh yeah
We’ll nuke them
Miley World and SUS will be next to face their deaths
We’ll nuke them
Oh we’re gonna nuke them
Then Acedonia will meet the fate of Hicana
We’ll nuke them all to bits and kill all of those twits
We’ll nuke them
Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke

Singer TBD burns flags of the Grand Britonish Kingdom, Gloriax, Miley World, Star United States, and Acedonia as a video of Gregoryisgodistan nuking Hicana plays on the video screen in the background. Then he throws 200 bombs into the audience as the burning llama finally dies. He then sings again.

We’ll nuke all our enemies for it is what the Lord has willed
We’ll nuke them
We’ll vaporize them all and jump for joy when they are dead
We’ll nuke them
With mushroom clouds, it will be loud
We’ll Nuke Them
Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke

There is a long instrumental as Singer TBD hurls as many bombs as he can into the audience as fast as he can. Somehow, a baseball got mixed in there and hits the dead, burning llama in the head. Then he repeats the final verse one last time.

We’ll nuke all our enemies for it is what the Lord has willed
We’ll nuke them
We’ll vaporize them all and jump for joy when they are dead
We’ll nuke them
With mushroom clouds, it will be loud
We’ll Nuke Them

Nukey Nukey Nukey Nukey Nukey Nukey Nukey Nukey Nukey Nuuuuuuuuukey!

Singer TBD walks off the stage bowing, but not before throwing one final bomb into the audience for good measure.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:32 am

In the Greenroom

Jonaton: A very interesting, explosive song there from Gregoryisgodistan. No talking because we would like to get on to the next song! Tess, do you have someone for us?

Tess: *Wearing the burnt Britonish Flag on her back* Yes, speaking of Gregoryisgodistan, we are about to get up close and personal about how he thought about his very interesting performance, and while we wait for the paramedics and the bomb specialists to clean up the mess in the Arena, we are going to divert your attention to the Greenroom! The lovely greenroom. So, Singer TBD, We just saw a very explosive act from you, and as we clear up, please tell me how you think the performance went.

Singer TBD: I think it was one of our best performances ever. It was literally an explosive performance. What other singer can say that and not get sent to a Grammar Reeducation Camp for using the wrong meaning of "literally"? None. None at all. Except sometimes The Sword Bloke and occasionally Kasanova whatever. So we're going to win. Also, Lord Almighty Gregory says we're going to win, and he's God, so he's always right.

Tess:Secondly, how do you feel about performing in Britonisea, a hated nation by Gregoryisgodistan?

Singer TBD: Did you even listen to the song, you heathen? I clearly explained that we are going to nuke Britonisea and all your little friends like the Grand Britonish Kingdom. So I'm not afraid of you fools. You should be afraid of us. Lord Almighty Gregory will smite you with his nuclear bombs. Just wait and see. By the way, nice burnt Britonish flag. I can burn it again if you want? Or I can burn you? Ask any stupid questions and I will.

Tess: Do you have any shout outs?

Singer TBD: I would like to give a shout-out to my government-assigned husband, Prune Juice Bottler 48HUHXU8. Even though the government forced us to marry like they do to all commoners, I still love you dearly. Also, a shoutout to Lord Almighty Gregory, my true God, the true God of the entire Multiverse. Thank you for enabling me to compete in this competition in your infinite beneficence and mercy. I love you even more than my husband, my kids, my parents, and anyone else. You are God, I love you, may you live forever, which you will because you're God.

Tess: Is there any other songs that may be a threat to you?

Singer TBD: The Sword Bloke's songs are always violent like ours. But Shop Owner is just a Lord Almighty Gregory wannabe. That being said, Lord Almighty Gregory seems to like his violence, and he's the only one whose vote counts in Gregoryisgodistan. I was really hoping Scarlett Nicholls would sing "I'd Like To Teach the World To Sin" in honor of the liberation of the Free Republics and the death of Consul Kulseth, but alas, she's not.

Tess: Finally, would you like to perform that song again at the end of the contest if you're the chosen one?

Singer TBD: Of course. And I will be. You know I will. Because I have God on my side.

Tess *Under her breath* I don't. Anyways, thanks! We are on to Act Number 25, New Horizon, Gim!

Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:38 am

25. Gim

Visual Singer (Born January 26, 1979), is a Gimian R&B and soul singer famous for his smooth vocals and emotive ballads. Particularly, he is noted for the song, "I miss you". This song became the theme song of a Gimian drama, "Stairway to Heaven". Visual Singer is the nickname of the singer, referring to his penchant to wearing large pairs of glasses to offset his mediocre appearance.

The performance and the outfit of the singer is the same as what is shown in the following: Performance

I turned my back silently,
But I cannot make steady my empty heart,
There are still so much to say to you,
But my throat is dried by the painful heart,
And I remained quiet.

I will look back at the past days,
and I will wander through numerous memories,
as the long night begins.

Chorus:
I will comfort my loneliness,
I'm not afraid of goodbyes,
I can hold back my tears but,
Being alone makes me sad.

I will look back at the past days,
and I will wander through numerous memories,
as the long night begins.

Chorus:
I will comfort my loneliness
I'm not afraid of goodbyes
I can hold back my tears but
Being alone makes me sad

As the performance ends, the singer waves his hand at his fans and departs the stage.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Associated Godlands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Associated Godlands » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:52 am

Britonisea have fixed the spelling error, but God remembers everything.

26. Associated Godlands
Choir of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

An immense choir comes onto the stage, taking up the entirety of their platform. They begin to sing.

Praise the Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord

I love our Lord and Savior
He is the son of God
He is our Lord and Savior
He loves us, we love Him
He hates gays, we hate them too
He is the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Tomorrow, we go to online forums
So Lordie, let preach your word with one hand
And advocate death with the other
So should somebody use logic agains me
About gays
Or about abortion
I will counter their logic with threats
of how they are hated by the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
Praise the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Amen)

I don't know much about Christianity
But I do know that abortion is a sin
And I do know
that divorce is a sin
and that eating shellfish is... well...

Last edited by Associated Godlands on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Puppet of San Llera
Praise The Lord And Savior Jesus Christ!!!
Ruled by God and his sapient mouthpiece, Queen Phelps Roper
This nation (obviously) does not represent my actual opinions

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:39 am

Tess, Mini and Jonaton stands in a line with smiles on there faces.

Mini: Thanks to Gim and the Associated Godlands for interesting songs. Well. It is that time of the day. It is where the host sings to you at home.
Jonaton: How exciting.
Tess: Like me, this girl is a Quickenden girl and it is a great pleasure to work with her in creating what the song is today; a hit around Britonisea. We could only hope that everyone can enjoy.
All Together: Welkumme, Act 27, Brityunik!
Mini: It's Britonisea!
Jonaton: Roll the VT!

Britonisea (GBK)

I cry, (I cry for them)
Mya Richardson
Lana Del Rey- Young & Beautiful

Mya Richardson debut Album:Since WorldVision 38, Mya has been very busy, putting all of her music on one track, including a profession version of "Return" and the WorldVision version of "Return, last on the track. She says that this appearance won't be the last she will make on the competition, she is determined to get back at this.

Remember Mya? No? Well, this is a bit about her. This information is from her performance back in WorldVision 38.

Meet Myla. Myla Rchardson is a 24 year old woman who lives in Quickenden, Britonisea decided to audition for the WorldVision Song Contest in a couple of countries. Let's rewind and start from the beginning. Myla was born in Burgendore in the Britonish Commonwealth and she migrated to the mainland where she lived in Quickenden at only 7 years old. She grew up learning Old Britonish Latin and English, but English is her dominant language, luckily for her. Myla started her singing career at school, as she sang infront of her whole school of over 1,000 people. Myla was called by BVC at 21 years old and she took part in A Random Singers Dream were she got the chance to go to other countries in the World alongside 4 other unknown singers. Later, Mya then participated in the WorldVision Song Contest in Peeto, Polkopia, and here is how she did.

Road to WorldVision Song Contest 41
Watch Mya Richardson's WV 38 Performance *LIVE* from Peeto, Polkopia. Mya Richardson was up against 37 other nations, so this was a difficult position for her. She brings Britonisea back to the stage after the disappointing place that we rather not mention in WorldVision 36. Britonisea took a "break" to bring this heaven sent to us. She got more worried as the songs rolled on. Then Missus X (08) was called to the stage, this meant that Mya needed to get ready to perform. Her heart beating very fast she almost didn't know what to do with herself. However, the time came. Britonisea was the next act, she started to get ready on stage in the 40 second time slot. The music started...."Good song too." ~ John Turney, Talvezout, "The song itself was one of Britonisea's better works,", Dominic Van Castille, Yttribia and "t was a great song, liked the melody, and it was different in a good way." Ingrid, Vampirum. The song, which is number one on her album "I cry for them" received a 12 from Kondika, Esta Lloviendo, Coreyo and Vampirum. This ended up giving us 105 points, the most ever achieved by a single nation of the Grand British Kingdom. However, we were lucky, because we were one point behind 4th place (Kalosia) and 1 point in front of 6th place (Polkopia). She was asked how her performance went, "Oh My Gosh! My Performance went straight to plan. I was so worried, oh my god, but some of the people where so nice! I met, Sonya Portelli and Max Hardwell of Electrum! OMG they were so nice to me!" she also asked was the person in your song a Vampire? This question came from Vampirum. "No, though Vampires are much more...easy on the eyes than my ex. It was about my ex, cheating on me." Before her performance tonight, she hopes that all commentators enjoy this performance, as she wants to give it her all. Please welcome, Mya Richardson, again.

Sassy: She is currently wearing this.

Road to Quickenden
For a girl who was raised in Quickenden, she was thrilled that Quickenden was the chosen host for the 41st WorldVision Song Contest. As she heard the breaking news she called Tess Philipa, who is also from Quickenden. She tells BVC that the conversation she had with her friend, Tess, was shouting in excitement. She said "She [Tess] was shouting at me, and I was shouting at her. It was such a pleasure for the contest to be held in Quickenden, and who best to represent your country, not even country, your city than me! Tess Philipa was probably gutted because we could've sang a duet or something, however the time to organise that was limited, and we both decided not to do so. Nevertheless, she was happy for me and it made me turn up my game. And so that is what I am going to do when I step on that stage. The good thing is, I don't have to stay in the accommodation they provide. I can simply go home after every rehearsal. This is my chance.

The crowd was cheering, loudly. A picture of her appeared on the screen, she was looking very deep in to the camera. She was not on stage just yet. She was staring at the camera. The stage was dark and the smoke machines turned on at maximum setting. The arena turned black, the only light coming from the arena was situated at the grand, focal point, of the stadium, the stage. The camera shot was of the eyes appearing to look at you. The music started.

oooh,

An instrument from the strings family started to play. You could hear it slowly building volume as you could see a shadow appear at the back of the stage. She stood there. The crowd started to cheer loudly, as she started to sing the first verse of her truly terrifying song. This song emphasises the dark side of Abanese (ABEN Nations/ GBK) music, as this will be the 4th "dark" song out of the 16 sent to WorldVision over the past ten years.

I've come again, ashes of hell,
For my revenge.
Never there, so far,
Escalation.

She started to slightly walk forward. It was small baby steps. The Camera looked at the audience and the lights from cameras and phones flashing on and off, trying to get the first glimpse of the women who has been hidden away from the world for three years. The camera then went back on to the woman who's silhouette was becoming more visible by the naked eye. You could tell she was wearing high, dark heels, but her shirt came in contrast to that fact.

I sleep at night, tears in my eye,
Thinking, how aren't I good enough?
In my gut, this burning feel,
No doctor can make it heal.

She was singing louder as echoes of the words "enough" and "heal" showed the true hollowness of the arena. People started to whoop as the chorus began to build up. She came even closer to the front of the stage, and at the front of the stage was a microphone stand. Just standing there, waiting to be touched by the female singer. The camera shot still on her.

While I'm alone, with no one to hold,
I cry every night.
When I cry, sleepless nights,
No one is there to guide me,
I cry again,
I cry again,
I cry for them.
While I'm alone, with no to hold,
I cry for them.

Five blue lights then dispersed in to the crowd, as she approached the microphone. She looked around at the audience almost devilishly. The picture behind her on the screen showing the fuzz of an 80s television, and an appearing skull. Her eyes appearing from behind this. She looked in to the camera which was square in front of her. Her eyes did not move, nor blink. She was still.

My soul, liquorice black,
My blood's a venom.
Don't come to close, your life postponed,
This grounds is what I own.

She then showed us what the tattoo said on her left arm. It read, "Dried Blood seeps through my veins as venom." It was a wash off tattoo so she wasn't going to have that on her forever. She was still stable at her place, however the smoke machines were turned off as a man and a woman came on stage. They weren't wearing any top. The woman was wearing a top that only showed her stomach and her back. The man was wearing nothing on top. They started to do this monster, creature like dance on the stage behind of Mya Richardson. The camera focussed on the skilled dancers, as a drum sound aroused the stadium, as thousands of hairs stood on end.

I sleep at night, tears in my eye,
Thinking, why can't I be enough?
In my gut, this burning thought,
No psychiatrist can make me feel love.

The chorus began again, the music felt as though it was getting louder and faster. The two skilled dancers then came up to Mya and the man touched her shoulders as the woman clenched the span of her hands across Mya's leg. She stared blankly in to the camera. Her eyes were getting red, the skilled dancers' eyes were already red.

While I'm alone, with no one to hold,
I cry every night.
When I cry, sleepless nights,
No one is there to guide me,
I cry again,
I cry again,
I cry for them.
I cry for them.

Then, she started to stand taller. Then people now almost holding her, the man around the neck and the women around the waste. She wasn't able to move, the microphone was still in the microphone however the dancers looked like they were almost dragging her back, making it look like she was struggling to the microphone, this meant that she had to sing louder. The bridge started;

Oh Hell, when I reach you,
Burn me deep in your cells,
Make sure I don't escape.
Father, I don't want to leave,

A picture of a man, an orchestrator was leading a orchestra. The backing colour was red, purple and red, and it looked as though it was speeded up. Then you would see her face, and then you would see a shot of her walking towards a red light at the end of a long passage way; this is reflected here, where it shows what happens exactly. This is what the viewers can see at home.

The stage turned red and black.

Make me burn, Make me suffer,
This human being, filthy from the gutter,
I reach the light, to realise,
I am not there.

There was a pause on the stage. Then she started singing in an octave higher. She then "found the strength" and jumped as the dancers were pushed back, sliding a few feet away from the centre of her point. The camera now focused on her as a tear dropped down her face, a trail of blackness ran down her face.

I sleep at night, tear in my eye,
Thinking, why can't I be enough?
In my gut, this burning thought,
No psychiatrist can make me feel love.

The smoke machine started again and it was on full speed. You could see her slowly backing away in to the cloud which is rapidly growing. She took the microphone with her, so you could still hear her. Suddenly the lights turned off, but the stage now glowing a silver, viewable from the back of the arena.

I cry again,
I cry again,
I cry for them.
I cry for them.

The woman then went. She was got of the stage and then the music finished. Then you could hear, "Thank-you WorldVision! Thank you Quickenden, Merci Brityunik!" she smiled as she went backstage, as she walked in with a bunch of people smiling in the greenroom.
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:10 pm

28 MISSUS X

Rick Leg - "Penis".
Tune: Bananarama - "Venus" (edited to avoid a fade out).

Rick's back. On stage is one giant, lifelike - but clearly fake - "penis", complete with moveable foreskin. Rick sings in front of it.

The cock is on a mountain top,
Wank it like you're really gay.
The summit is big and it's large
And penis is its name.

Rick then grabs his own crotch with one hand.

I've got one.
Yeah, baby, I've got one.

Rick ceases to do so.

You're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

Yeah, you're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

Rick turns around and sings to the "penis".

Your weapons are your large old head
Fucking every old woman
I guess you're hard for a penis
But I've got one too.

Rick then repeats his antics from earlier on with his crotch.

I've got one.

And again, Rick stops touching himself.

You're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

Yeah, you're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

During the instrumental, the "foreskin" (of its own accord) starts sliding up and down in the shaft in time to the music before "it" "sings", by opening its top, with Rick providing the voice:

Penis!

Rick, once again, starts to play with himself.

I've got one.

Rick ceases to do so.

You're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

Yeah, you're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

The cock is on a mountain top,
Wank it like you're really gay.
The summit is big and it's large
And penis is its name.

Rick grabs his own crotch with one hand...

I've got one.

Rick ceases to do so...

You're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

Yeah, you're a penis.
You're a fucker
And I'm a sucker.

Once again, the "penis" "sings", and as it's doing so, Rick climbs onto it and starts licking the "head" of it.

Penis is my name!

Rick then

THE REST OF THIS ENTRY HAS BEEN CENSORED TO ABIDE BY FORUM REGULATIONS.
Last edited by Missus X on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Gaciadia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaciadia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:14 am

29. GACIADIA
Thunderwaves - Blaa (So much words)
Tune: The Chainsmokers - Roses ft. ROZES

From left to right: Amaao Martínez (guitarist, bassist, pianist), Elemaa Aimeo (singer), Caaro Kei (mixer)

Normal: Elemaa
Italics: Elemaa + Amaao

Before the first note of the song can be heard, the stage is dark. We can only see a little orchestra at the left, where Amaao and Caaro are. We can also see a neon, dome-like cage, where Elemma is sat in its center. She is wearing a black dress. Only two spotlights are illuminating her as the song starts. Thanks to them, a thick fog is seen in the bottom of the stage.
I broke the walls
between your body and mine.
You said if I fall
was all in my mind.
All of those vain words
nothing worth now
But there was a time
when they touched my soul

Since now there are more spotlight than the begining, we can see that Elemaa is blindfolded and chained, and as she wanted to escape the cage, she starts walking by its edges, looking for an exit
No matter what he said
I'd blindly trusted him
I was all, but not keen
I was in the center
of a dark, sorrow vortex
Listen me 'cuz it's not complex

She, exhausted, sit again in the same place where she started. It is now raining.
I can feel how your words are stabbing me
They are breaking the stillness of this silent storm
I will get rid of this chains
that are plunging me into the darkness of your empty words

So much words right in your mouth
And only few in your head

As the chorus hist its begining, Elemaa is dancing ballet in the rain, still blind
Ah, Ah, Ah~
Ah, Ah, Ah~
Ah, Ah, Ah~

Now, she angrily take away her eyes' bandage. We can see how sharp her movements are now. During this part of the song, she tries to unchain herself
We are just who we a-are

Nothing more than who we are

Just a human, nothing more

Being free, that's all we want

She finally escaped the cage, and while she is singing, she's going through the runway, approaching more and more to the crowd.
I can feel how your words are stabbing me
They are breaking the stillness of this silent storm
I will get rid of this chains
that are plunging me into the darkness of your empty words

So much words right in your mouth
And only few in your head

As the beat changes, she dances again, but now more confident and her movements are more natural. Rose petals are falling
At last... I am... free~

At last... I am... free~

At last... I am... free~

I am free from your vain words

I am free from your vain words

The songs ends. Now, Caaro and Amaao are running where Elemaa is. They all shout:
THANK YOU SO MUCH, QUICKENDEN
Last edited by Gaciadia on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
THE PLURINATIONAL REPUBLIC OF GACIADIA
GAZIADIA UICAMAANE REBUBLICI

[align=center]
20, Male, INTP

The Lonish Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lonish Isles » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:08 am

30 - Anilons (the Lonish Isles) - Dânsan ôb Dânses - Don't Make a Sound

Tune | Dânsan ôb Dânses

The first picture is Mâx Hogârs, the second is Teti Kâlâdor.

Dânsan ôb Dânses is Lonish for ''We dance so you dance.".

Don't

Don't

I think you are the best sample

Don't

Don't try to hide

Don't

We've always belonged together,

Don't run away

Don't

Some say our methods are different

Don't

I don't care

Don't

We can show them our ways

Everywhere

No screaming

Screaming no

No talking

Talking no

No more words now

So don't waste your breath

Don't make a sound

Don't make a sound please

Can't we have fun together?

Can't you be mine?

Can't we belong together?

Can't we spend time?

No screaming

Screaming no

No talking

Talking no

No more words now

Don't you dare waste your breath

You can't be heard anyway

No more yelling

Yelling no

No more shouting

You shouldn't shout

No more words now

Please don't waste your breath

Don't make a sound
The Democratic Republic of The Lonish Isles
Formally known as Demokrâtêv Repubîk Lôniân Ânilôn
Capital: Livêxe - Largest Isle: Kârmaus
Part of the Collective People's Republic of Lons
Puppet of Lons

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:06 pm

COMMENTARY

Your commentary comes from Robert Baxter and Sam Smith.

Robert: Hello everybody. Well, here we are once more. It's the 13th Mister X entry we'll be covering tonight, along with the rest of them, from Britonisea.

OPENING ACT - FIRST SONG

Robert: OK, so that's th-- oh, hang on. There's not more, is there??

OPENING ACT - SECOND SONG

Sam: Finally!
Robert: It's over, everyone. That was very, very long. Now, here's the boring bit. To vote for a nation, you dial 9 12 12 from a mobile followed by the number of the nation you want to vote for, or 01721 12 12 from a landline. Sam.
Sam: A soft song is all sort of gooey and mushy. A hard song is edgy and rocky. We're going to think of them as red, yellow, white, and silver, as it gets harder, or jam, butter, bread, and knife.
Robert: Up first, it's... oh, hang on, we've got yet another piece of inane presentation to get through first...

PARADE OF NATIONS AND GREENROOM

Sam: Can we move on now?

01 KASANOVA-KORATICA

Sam: What's this? Something half-decent from Kasanova-Koratica?
Robert: Yep. Believe me, I'm as shocked as you.
Sam: A bit sexist, but never mind. I like this. It's bread.
Robert: For Kasanova-Koratica, dial 9 12 12 01 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 01 from a landline.

02 ESTOGIUM

Robert: My word, that was dull.
Sam: Yawn.
Robert: Let's move on.
Sam: Jam, and add 02.

03 VOLCANOC

Robert: iS tHeIr ShIfT kEy NoT wOrKiNg PrOpErLy?
Sam: ClEaRlY, oUrS iSn'T eItHeR. bReAd.
Robert: AnD aDd 03 If YoU wAnT tO vOtE fOr ThEm.

04 POLKOPIA

Robert: Why do we even bother even reviewing Polkopia every year? They just send in decent entries that usually do well.
Sam: This may just be my new favourite song. Apart from our entry, of course. Knife. And add 04.

05 SAN LLERO

Robert: I didn't like this one so much.
Sam: Yeah, it's not hard enough for me to like. It's a bit kooky, though, and it could do well tonight. Jam.
Robert: To vote for San Llero, dial 9 12 12 05 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 05 from a landline.

06 BLOODBATH GENERATION

07 EKOZ

IN THE GREENROOM

Robert: But... we don't do adverts. And I don't fancy listening to Tess any more. Anyway, let's get on with Talvezout.

08 TALVEZOUT

Robert: Very nice.
Sam: Yep. I liked it. A bit shrieky at times but very, very good. Knife; add 08.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Electrumite Worldvision Commentary - Network ENN - Part 1

Sonya Portelli: Welcome to Quickenden, Britonisea where the people are nice and friendly!
Max Hardwell: Yes, we are finally in Britonisea after countless bids, the poor people, they've finally got their bid accepted!
Sonya: Yes, and they are such diehard fans that we have two opening songs for the price of one.
Max: Now that's dedication and just a small side note here, we are a bit tired, because we've just left commentating the Multiverse Games in Centralis to be here.
Sonya: Your hosts today, as if we weren't enough for you are Jonaton, Mini and Tess. Let's get the show started everyone.

-3. Welcome
Max: Well, that was a history lesson
Sonya: Not sure if it makes that much sense to put your history into a song, though we've seen stranger
Max: I still like it. Very wistful and exuberant.
Sonya: And so they should be.
Max: And we've got another song.

-2: Opening
Max: Sorry, not my cuppa tea.
Sonya: Just doesn't seem like it belongs, but I can't put my finger on it
Max: I hope they do better if they do intend on competing next edition thats for sure.
Sonya: A big baptism of fire.

-1. Parade of Nations
Max: This is a really drawn out opening ceremony.
Sonya: No worries, I've got some caffeine tablets here... want some?
Max: No, not now. And for the kids at home, don't do what Sonya's doing. She's a responsible adult and shes allowed to do whatever she wants.
Sonya: Tennis balls for Electrum eh?
Max: Well, there are a lot of lunatics apparently... but a great response from Britonisea
Sonya: Let's hope our song can elicit the same reaction when they sing it.

0. Greenroom
Sonya: Right, a short interview and then off we go.
Max: I hear Tim and Jane are going to be interviewed soon.
Sonya: Really? Well I'll say, I'm going to look forward to that.
Max: And here we are, our first song, and I'm not surprised... Kasanova-koratica

1. Kasanova-Koratica
Sonya: How delightfully dreadful this song is, seriously
Max: For the men at home... no, I don't want to think about it
Sonya: "Sweat is raising up a smell", seriously? I want to retch right now.

2. Estogium
Max: A nice little ballad there
Sonya: Probably a nice contrast from the last song eh?
Max: I do wish these songs did a little bit better than what their points or ranking suggests.
Sonya: Great response from the crowd though, of course
Max: Don't know what else to say really. Maybe do something else rather than sitting around with a guitar for the first half?

3. Volcanoc
Sonya: Seriously, I just don't like non-standard capitalisation, how hard could it be really?
Max: What a really strange voice eh?
Sonya: Really interesting, really different.
Max: I'm not so much of a big fan of it to be honest.
Sonya: One thing we can agree on though is that there's good music.
Max: Definitely. I'm quite surprised for Volcanoc.

4. Polkopia
Sonya: I am a big fan of that opening, wow!
Max: Again, something different, something good from Polkopia.
Sonya: Alright fine, give the title to them already, we know what's going to happen
Max: Give us a shot Polkopia!

5. San Llera
Max: Gerrrrrr gerrr gerrr (imitating the singer)
Sonya: This song is all about the voice.
Max: I just don't get the haz-mat people to be honest, and their interpretive dancing. That is not dancing at all. It is just weird.
Sonya: I liked it, to be honest! Wow! I thought they done rather well.

6. Bloodbath Generation
TBA

7. Ekoz
TBA

Greenroom
Max: A nice setup for the things to come.
Sonya: Ah, so apparently Izmedu and Normandy and Picardy have the same style of song, funnily enough, they are right next to each other in the running order.
Max: This will be interesting.
Sonya: And a nice message for Electrum, thank you Koraljka and Izmedu!
Max; How lovely of them, eh? Now I'm really excited to hear their song.

8. Talvezout
Max: I usually like Talvezout's songs but...
Sonya: Yeah me too, but this song is just
Max: Spine-tingling, wow! Excellent song and staging, really proud of you Talvezout.
Sonya: No surprise they do well in the Electrum song rankings.

9. Esta Lloviendo
Sonya: Iso Bachelor once again, and she's back to her ethereal self.
Max: We've used 'ethereal' a lot, but it's what she is.
Sonya: Singing is an art, and this is the perfect example.
Max: Backing is wonderful.

10. Nekoni
TBA

11. Rotia
TBA

12. Dreamplanet
Max: Again, another interesting song from Dreamplanet.
Sonya: The lyrics don't quite manage to match up at points, but I'm willing to forgive that.
Max: What a good song, but a shame about the lack of staging. We keep talking about this every edition.
Sonya: Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this got a few points from Electrum at least.
Max: Really?

13. Mister X
Sonya: Sensual and sexual, didn't expect anything else from Mister X.
Max: I am slightly concerned by the nonchalant lack of upper clothing
Sonya: I don't care, he's a hottie!
Max: Well, it is a song, I'll give you that. Really great lyrics too I reckon.

14. Kwadai
Max: Excellent, strong song from Kwadai
Sonya: I do wish there was something going on in the background though, just a nitpick yet again I'm afraid
Max: Yeah, agreed, though I still liked this song a lot.

15. Free Republics
Sonya: Snooze-fest galore.
Max: We've said this before, but if you have a political message, it has to be attention seeking.
Sonya: You need the whole she-bang, and I'm talking about crazy music, dancers and so forth. Not college kids.

Greenroom
Max: Before we get to our next song from The Sword Bloke, we're in the greenroom yet again. I wonder who they're interview--
Sonya: It's Jane and Tim! Awww, the people at home, look at them!
Max: Truly great Electrum representatives let me tell you.
Sonya: They'll be up very soon, don't you worry.

16. The Sword Bloke
Sonya: That's the thousandth time we've heard this tune
Max: Agreed, I don't mind, as long as it's a good interpretation
Sonya: I just don't get the whole bombs thing, just doesn't sit right with me, though I did like the Electrum Diplomatic person there
Max: I wonder who that was?
Sonya: Well, no idea, must be some random.

17. Krytenia
Max: Excellent, really good.
Sonya: Same problem as The Sword Bloke, but different result.
Max: We gave good points to this song last time, and I expect the same again.
Sonya: A real strong voice.

18. Electrum
Sonya: I don't care what anyone else says, this is a truly magical song
Max: It just captures that atmosphere doesn't it? It's a blend of art and drama on its purest form.
Sonya: I know several nations which will vote for this song, and several nations which won't already, it's divisive, but it's a great song regardless
Max: Agreed. I hope we do get some good points from this though.

19. Normandy and Picardy
Max: I love a good ballad, don't you?
Sonya: Yeah, I hear you.
Max: Sometimes less is more.
Sonya: Well, to a certain extent. I guess the tune was a bit boring for me at some parts. Perhaps a bit too repetitive.
Max: I'd love to disagree, but the next song is coming up.

20. Izmedu
Sonya: Hey! Two ballads in a row!
Max: A truly emotional song, I think I'm tearing up.
Sonya: Me too... A great song from Izmedu all around, really polished.

21. Todlichebujoku
Sonya: It took far too long to start but we got there in the end
Max: I don't usually like this kind of song, but I like it funnily enough
Sonya: Yeah, I love that symbolism there
Max: So deep Sonya, but this song is very interesting, I think I like it too.

22. The Sarian
Max: A lot more upbeat, disappointing that there's no staging, but I can let it slide
Sonya: It's always about the song, isn't it?
Max: Yeah. Look. It's alright. I just don't think Georgia's voice fits well, it's just too shouty for my tastes
Sonya: Really? I didn't hear anything wrong with it.
Max: To me, it seems a bit off.
Sonya: Well, it is definitely upbeat, and I can see it doing well in Electrum.

23. Yttribia
Sonya: Well, the lyrics are top notch, that's some good writing
Max: Just the guitar and herself really says it all.
Sonya: A strong powerful voice -- don't know what else to say really.
Max: Yes. Let's move on.

24. Gregoryisgodistan
Max: We expected nothing less from Gregoryisgodistan.
Sonya: Wow, I really want to get to the dance floor and start boogying!
Max: Never mind the burning flags and llamas, this song is quite literally the bomb.
Sonya: What a fun little song.
Max: Our expectations were low, but we were thoroughly impressed.

Greenroom
Max: A thoroughly entertaining interview by Singer TBD.
Sonya: A reference to the Grammar Reeducation Camp, a threat to poor, poor Tess, and of course, a worshipping of the LAG.
Max: I know who does need to go to that Grammar Reeducation Camp, Volcanoc, what with their wanton capitalisation.

25. Gim
Sonya: Another really sad, slow song.
Max: Jeez, there's a lot of them this contest isn't there?
Sonya: I don't mind this song, I love the bits where he goes up to express his emotion. Towards the middle-ish bits, is where the goodness of the song lies. Very emotional.
Max: mmm.
Sonya: You quite don't like the songs today, don't you?
Max: Not particularly, no.
Sonya: The way he hits those high notes. I'm in awe. Does what the other slow songs didn't do.

26. Associated Godlands
Max: Boring, repetitive, don't know what else to say to be blunt.

27. Britonisea
Max: A real haunting song, this is something I can get around.
Sonya: Like ours, a real dramatic song, but just the soloist, Mya Richardson.
Max: I quite like the addition of the violin, as we've always said, you can never have too much violin.
Sonya: Excellent song.

28. Missus X
Max: Obscene, titillating and salacious, there's no question how Ricky wants us to see this song
Sonya: It is funny, I'll give you that. Not since the Free Republics song have we seen some adult content like nudity, I think. It's funny, I'll give them that.
Max: Well, I know I said it was obscene, but a part of me was still drawn to that song. It's just so bizarre it's funny.

29. Gaciadia

30. The Lonish Isles
Sonya: Really low, but by intention. It's really, really funny. I like this song too.
Max: The music is creepy, and the vibe.
Sonya: Really subtle, and that's really mature.

31. Muinordgrad
Max: Well this is certainly different to what we usually see
Sonya: Definitely. Does it work?
Max: Rap? Well, I can't say I'm a huge fan, sorry.
Sonya: I liked the beginning, and the tune throughout. It's unique.

32. Kalosia
Sonya: A lot of effort went into the mixing and making into this song, and it's important this is recognised
Max: I am very impressed, as usual, with Kalosia.
Sonya: Just well done, great production value.

33. Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Max: Well, someone is a bit mad they lost to the Avissian Union in the semifinals. It's her fault.
Sonya: Poor Gertrude though, her and Bertrand must feel gutted. Only bronze in the pinnacle of her sport.
Max: She's expressed her anger -- and for those just tuning in -- she's just summarised the entire contest just for you, so there's no need to go back and rewatch it again.
Sonya: At least, that's what she wants you to do. She also wants you to vote for her.

34. Lons
Sonya: A sweet little whimsical song.
Max: That voice though, wow. This is really, really good from Lons.
Sonya: I wish it went longer, but what can you do.
Max: What a fantastic dress too.

35. Wazekia
Max: Excellent piano playing, and it doesn't bore me like some of the others
Sonya: Agreed. This is getting really hard to choose between the best.
Last edited by Electrum on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:01 pm

31: Muinordgrad
Band: Tornado Siren
Song: Heartbeat
To the tune of: Lane Boy by Twenty One Pilots

Originally a group of three friends from northern Darfur in one of the more impoverished cities in the region, the band has expiloded onto the pop scene with their album "Friendly Fascism" which has gone Platinum in Muinordgrad. They are famous for their ablility to mix rap, rock, and hip hop together smoothly. This particular song made it to 1 on the Muinordgradi Top Hits chart.

Three men walk out on stage, their heads down, in white t'shirts and jeans. One walks up to a complicated looking set of computers and other equipment. He presses a few buttons and the first bit of music starts playing. The other man walks over to the drums and starts playing.

Suddenly, a bright light shines on the man remaining in the middle of the stage. His eyes are closed, and he doesnt look up.

My heartbeat's beating slower, lower
Have I always been asle-ep?
A coma with a mind that's churning, burning
I think i've fell in deep

Suddenly, his shirt turns obsidian black.

Is there something wrong with me-e?
I ple-ea
As the doctors look colder than the se-ea
I fle-ee
But they don't say I'm fine
I think I'm running out of time
but my heart is still gonna beat slow
and then slower
they jolt me back back and back
but they wont get any closer
I'm no poser
but what they say is straight form a composer
I wonder what its like
when I've done run out of time
and I-I-I'm
standing so indiscreet
all on the street
I'm wondering
how I'm being
determining
as my heart starts to beats slow again

All three of the men look up, their eyes are glowing. The drummer and the sound modifier's eyes are blue, but the man in the center's are bloodred. The sound modifier and drummer are in psychiactric hospital uniforms, while the man in the centre is in a straightjacket.mAll three begin singing:

My heartbeat's beating slower, lower
Have I always been asle-ep?
A coma with a mind that's churning, burning
I think I've fell in deep

Suddenly, the red-eyed man shutters and begins singing on his own again

Can anyone hear me, hello?
My heartbeat is getting mellow
I'm starting to stop
and to stop is to drop
off the face of the earth
and im hollow
And the sorrow
that breathes and seethes
and has us believe
that we believe
so i'm gonna leave
to the rising sun
where darkness is done
and I'm not on the run
but would that be fun
being not on the run
but then I'm unfit
and my whole mind will quit
to seethe
and my heartbeat stops again.

The music stops, and all three of them fall over, eyes close, with the black shirted man dissapearing when the lights are back on, and the other two men are covered in white and black bars of paint.
Last edited by Muinordgrad on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 pm

PRE-WORLDVISION TOP SHARD TAGS
the hype in Tödlichebujoku

早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:06 am

KALOSIA
Fighting Internally (Hysteria) — Klara Sayid
performed in English to the tune of this mix of Euphoria and My Heart is Refusing Me by Loreen

A sizeable amount of effort was made into writing this song. Oda, the winner of the 21st WorldVision Song Contest from Chenkorya, was invited by RTVK to help write the entry along with Ricky Alain, the musician who wrote and performed Kalosia's entry to the 39th WorldVision Song Contest, and came 6th. The news of a former WorldVision winner writing the song built up a lot of hype among WorldVision fans, especially in Kalosia, where people are optimistic that the entry will be the nation's first victory.
The singer given the honour of performing this entry was Klara Sayid. She had attempted to represent the nation a couple of times before in the World Hit Festival, most notably coming 2nd in the 3rd Festival di Melodi Mediterranika (now Festival di Melodi Kalosiana), the national final for the 9th World Hit Festival. Klara had recently got married and went on a honeymoon, so this marks the return to her career and the end of her hiatus. She stated that the song talks about self-worth and is sung from the viewpoint of someone battling depression and anxiety, with the backing vocals representing the conditions themselves. Klara and her team vow to donate ⌘100 (100 Metzi - Kalosian currency) to a non-profit organization assisting actual people who suffer from mental illnesses for every point that they get in the voting later on (if they end up with 0 points, they'll donate nothing; if they end up with 188 points, they'll donate ⌘18,800; they'll donate ⌘1,200; and so on).
After the song was released, it quickly climbed up national music charts and became one of the favourites to win. It is presumed that the song will also make an impact on foreign music charts after the contest, regardless of whether it wins or not.

And now here Klara was in Quickenden. The host nation's commentator for the 19th World Hit Festival had caused some controversy among Kalosians, causing a few negative reactions to BVC being granted hosting rights for the 41st WorldVision Song Contest. While these comments died down quickly, it was publicized in Britonish media, causing some locals to think negatively of Kalosia. As the entry was being prepared, there were cheers among the audience, mostly coming from foreign fans who have come to visit, with local members of the crowd staying mostly silent and dismissing the entry.

Klara was wearing a magnificent glow in the dark dress under a semi-transparent dark cloak. The layout of the stage was now similar to this, with hooded figures surrounding Klara, in the center. They were backing singers. Any background screens were not utilized at all during this performance.

As the song started, the stage was dimly lit in blue and a spotlight shone only on Klara. Some light fog blanketed the stage.

(Brackets indicate backing singers)

I’ve been crushed, beaten down
I’ve been thrown onto the ground
What I did was always wrong
In the eyes of everyone

I’ve always thought that I was very worthless
I never saw myself as anything else
It’s time to open my eyes

Dim lights began to shine on the backing singers.
I need to get out of my mind (Hysteria)
My thoughts are consuming me (What good will all this do for you?)
The struggle is real, I try (Hysteria)
I’m fighting internally (You really think this will help you at all?)

Now the lights were flashing around to the beat of the song, with the camera focusing on the backing singers in this next part.
(Hysteria)
(What good will all this do for you?) I’m fighting internally
(They are better off without you)
(You really think this will help you at all?)

The lights became still again, and while the backing singers were still visible, the stage was dim while a spotlight shone on Klara.
Looking for where to go
Does life have an escape route?
Forgotten by everyone else
The nobody that was me

Some lights flashed to the beat, but not as much as earlier.
Too many times I’ve shut out the outside world
I wish that I was capable of love
Let’s begin recovery

The flashing stopped.

The lights flashed again, like in the previous chorus.
(Hysteria)
(You really think this will help you at all?) I’m fighting internally

In this break, Klara kneeled, and everyone stood still as all the lights were made very dim. Only the backing singers/hooded figures were visible. A stronger spotlight shone every time any of them said anything. Each line in this next part was uttered by a different one.
(Hysteria)
(Hysteria)
(Hysteria)

There was no movement on the stage, but the lights at the back of the stage (at the bottom, not spotlights) were flashing to the beat, making all the performers look like silhouettes. At this next line, spotlights shone on all the backing singers as Klara stood up again.

Klara dramatically ripped off her cloak revealing the glow-in-the-dark dress underneath, while a stronger spotlight shone on her as she sang the first line in the next part, and then the stage was fully illuminated with blue lights flashing to the rhythm.

(Hysteria)

The lights became dim and faded away so the stage was dark when the song ended.
The entry was so favoured by the audience that now even the Britonish members of the audience grew to like it. The audience roared loudly, giving a standing ovation. Klara could only say "Gretsi!!! Thank you Britonisea, thanks everyone!" before the stage was prepared for the next entry.

Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Electrum Diplomatic Offices » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:44 am

OOC Disclaimer: Obviously this is all written in the perspective of Gertrude Pullman, who is known for the song "Everybody Sucks!" I hope to finish my other commentary soon, which is a lot more nicer than what Gertrude has to say. It is work in progress, just a performance needs to be added in, as well as any alterations when nations put up their songs.

33. ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES

Song: "You don't need to watch WorldVision, I've just summarised it for you, so just go back home and don't bother"
Aritist: Gertrude Pullman
Tune: We Didn't Start the Fire! by Billy Joel

This entry came relatively late. Why? Because Gertrude Pullman was competing with her sister, Bertrand Pullman in the Multiverse Games, where she won a bronze medal in the Raffa Women's Doubles tournament.

Part of the resentment that got the bronze medal instead of the gold has been channeled into this song, as she was too pre-occupied with the Multiverse Games to actually preview some of the songs in this edition's WorldVision. So, instead, she's decided to just write a line about each song, so that others, like her, who haven't seen all of the songs can simply refer to this one and base their judgements off that.

0:33
Kasanova, always bad, wheres the morals, go away!
Estogium, Oh so boring, I just hate guitar,
Volcanoc has such a weird voice, learn to grammar, moron!
Polkopia, surely not good, always overrated

0:52
San Llera, creepy af, silly suits, just not art
BGEN, No reason at all, and no one really cares
The Ekozese, is it a cult of fire?
Talvezout, typical, what the hell is Nattura?

As she goes to the chorus, the flags of the nations she was mentioning falls to the floor (except for the nations she likes), she sets them on fire with a flamethrower which is conveniently on the stage. Luckily, no one else is burnt.

Chorus
Worldvision's always bad
Insufferable contest
Since the world's been turning
No need to blame me
Here is a summary
Can't watch every country

1:20
Esta Lloviendo, Iso again, can't they get a new one?
Next Nekoni, where on earth did your song go to?
Rotia, Not happy, she will steal my men!
Dreamplanet now, too much light, I'm blind!
Mister X, candy, let me rub against you
Kwadai and walls, obvious, the wall will fall, of course
Free Reps, bad country, What happened to the Holy Party?
The Sword Bloke, gassy deaths, now that's more like it!

A mysterious purple gas appears on stage, she suffocates on the floor, falls down, but continues to sing. The gas dissipates.

Chorus

1:59
Krytenia, that song is, so pretentious, what's next?
Of course it's us and more crummy drama songs
N and P, I want to scar you, at least you had a man!
Izmedu, let me gag, so much gloom everywhere...

2:15
Tod-whatever, paper is not a friendship
Sarian, Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Trib next, many big words, it is quite contrived
Gregoryisgodistan, we all had a great blast!

She sets off firecrackers and fireworks on stage, but the flares go back down and catch fire on the seats, there is mass panic as people try to run away, some people are horrifically injured, but it is in good fun as no one dies.

Chorus

2:42
Gim never heard of you, stop being so sad idiot,
Associated Godlands, Praise the Lord!
The hosts Britonisea, who are we crying for?
Missus X, let me at it, but whose name is Penis?

Gaciadia, another no show
Lonish Isles, disappointing, I'll keep saying no!

Gertrude starts to roll boules, like she did in the Raffa competition in the Multiverse Games. But after a while, she gets bored, so she picks them up and throws them at the audience as hard as she can.

Chorus

Muinorgard, this isn't art, let's go back to normal eyes
Kalosia, I would just beat you down
Begin, my song, which is the best, no need to go back now
Why watch the contest when you can, just watch my summary!
Another Lons, my heart's in critical condition,
Wazekia, there's no one like you that's for sure
There's no more songs in this contest, and my songs about to end,
I deserved Raffa Gold, I can't take it anymore!

Gertrude Pullman pulls out a Bronze Medal and throws it at the audience (it is then revealed it is not a real one, but one that she stole off another competitor in the Multiverse Games).

3:42
Worldvision's always bad
Insufferable contest
Since the world's been turning
It's time to make it right
Let's send a message
Just vote for me and on and on and on and on
And on and on and on and on...

Chorus x3

Finally, thousands of brick phones and letters fall from the ceiling with pre-loaded credit and SMS messages ready to vote for Gertrude Pullman. The letters have instructions on how to vote for Gertrude, as she exits the stage without so much as looking at the audience.
Last edited by Electrum Diplomatic Offices on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Manager of Electrum Commerce: co-owner of Air Terranea, co-owner of Dream Games (thread) and manages the Electrum Airports Authority
Shocking at WorldVision
Electrum Statistics Office and Electrum Embassy Programme

Lons
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lons » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:52 am

34. Lons

Jane Jones - Critical (tune)

Jane Jones (real name: Îenîa Guglitôv) enters the stage, wearing a dress, made to look like a peacock at the back, held up by thin wires to match the taunting pose of the animal. On her head a Roman helmet, with blue feathers on the top, over which she's wearing an eyepatch. Despite this, the rest of the dress is in normal colours (to be exact, a mild blue (not quite baby blue, but a bit darker than that)), and she was wearing a thick layer of make-up, as if she was headed to go out after this performance. The stage is lit by a dark yellow colour to look like a pub of some sorts, and Jane is the only person on stage. Music starts playing.

Seems like they tricked me
Said it was sweet
I can't reject a special treat

Taste like honey
Straight to my feet
I couldn't help but dancing

She does something that vaguely resembles tap dancing during that last line.
And I'm seeing things that's aren't here
But who's 'fraid of yellow, red and green
Don't even try to see them all
Courage comes, before the fall, I said-a

Projectors aimed at the peacock part of the dress start shining color patterns, making the dress even more trippy
Ooh ooh I'm-a feeling, critical
yeah-eah-eah-eah
woo oo oo-oh I'm goin' on a roll

The projectors now switch to a cloudy pattern.
Puh puh please aid me,
I'mma feeling funny
And it just ain't just this funky beat
Cause they been cooking up something strange
And it's tearing me up straight through my brains

The cloudy pattern starts rotating. (Jane isn't moving very much at all, due to her dress being held up a few metres in the air)
So I ain't gonna have 'sponsibilities
When this plane crashes

And then in a tone as if through a telephone (you know what I mean, like those AI voices, female, serious as shit?), plays:
Please remain seated

Her dress design switches to the psychedelic colors again, also rotating.
yeah-eah-eah-eah
woo oo oo-oh I'm gonna crash and burn

The stage lights turn purple for the bridge, the projectors stop projecting.
A wild ride
You can come along
What's left is right
What's gone is wrong
Yet how far it falls, the trees tall, and then it all...

White lights flash.
Collapses right beneath my view
To make place for something wholly new

One, a two, a one two freefall!

The stage lights are now brightened up, and the projectors project flames on her dress
yeah-eah-eah-eah
woo oo oo-oh you better hold the phone

Now the projectors make the up-in-the-air part of her dress look like the whirling seas, and she's taken a cutlass from her sleeve, in which she's holding and swinging it.

The seas are hazy, so hazy
May our voyage be fair
Slice 'm up, line 'm up on the ruthless plank
May they drown in their dispair

With a quick spin, she turns the cutlass around, and it becomes a butterfly catching net. (Or jellyfish catching net, if you firmly grasp what I mean)

Oh, go chasing dragons daily,
These days sure don't drag on
For those who stay behind it's lazy
But that just means more for us!

For the final chorus, the projectors beam out a shining bright light, directing the attention to the peacock pattern. (And she's taken off the helmet, eyepatch, and tossed the butterfly catching net slash cutlass away backstage)
yeah-eah-eah-eah
woo oo oo-oh I'm gonna lose control
yeah-eah-eah-eah
woo oo oo-oh I'm never growing up
yeah-eah-eah-eah
woo oo oo-oh it's getting critical

And the lights go down, and slowly come back up.

Thank you Quickenden! Hestânir, dirêsan!

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:13 pm

35. Wazekia
“Alone in the Darkness” – Kylig Terak

Tune

Kylig Terak is in the center of the stage, sitting at her piano with a simple black dress. The stage is lit in a dark orange color with large white paper lanterns in multiple sides hanging above her. She begins to play the piano with her trademark wry smile. She is somewhat of an enigma in the Wazekian Music Industry; she speaks little of her personal life and inspirations. She does not give interviews and her thoughts are regularly talked about in Wazekian tabloids.

She begins to sing:

I’m alone in the darkness
Your absence screams in the silence
My head echoes your excuses
My heart echoes the past
I think of the routes in life one chooses
Will I know the right path?
You’re no longer with me
You’re no longer here for me

There’s no one
There’s no one
There’s no one
There’s no one

During the refrain she lowers her voice each time she says "one". Her voice is pained. She holds the last note.

I won’t say you have an equal
But perhaps there will be a better one
A happier ending in the sequel

The night is my companion
As I think of a future that will never be
Lost in thoughts of a future
That will never see the sun

What direction will I go?
How long until the next dawn?
When will I know?
How will I go on?

There’s no one
There’s no one
There’s no one
There’s no one
No one, no one, no one

She begins to play the next verse with a furrowed brow. She plays the notes with heavy motions, as if almost slamming her fingers on the keyboard.

It’s cold without you
So cold without you
I’m a boat without a keel
A compass without points
A candle without a flame
I’m no longer with you
I’m no longer with you

I won’t say you have an equal
But perhaps there will be a better one
A happier ending in the sequel
There’s no one
There’s no one
There’s no one
There’s no one
Like you

She holds "you" at the end of the song and the lights slowly dim. She looks down at her keyboard as the stage fades to black. Suddenly, the lights turn on and Kylig is standing blowing kisses to the crowd and says "Thank you!" before exiting the stage.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 am

Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Mini: And that is it WorldVision Song Contest! It has been a very short contest, going down from 48 to 45 to 35, however, we will hopefully regain soon. Nevertheless, we still have 35 great songs that we all must vote on. The First Part is over, and here comes the exciting part! The WorldVision Song Contest is ready for your votes! We are going to have 2 performances, 1 surprise presentation and 3 interviews in the space of 15 minutes until we go to all of the countries and get their votes for the contest.

Jonaton: I can now say, WorldVision Song Contest, please start voting! You can have one free vote on the app, however, other votes will cost judging by the area you live. Right now, you should be told the lines of your acts. Myself and Mini will go through the acts, however this applies to The Grand British Kingdom alone. Please listen to your commentator as they will provide the necessary information to vote.

Mini:If you are a GBK Citizen, or if you are within the arena today, please call 0123-456-89 then the number of the act. If you would like to text a vote, which is 50p, you simply text the number of your act to the same name.

Jonaton: 01 for Kasanova, you're ineligible to vote Estogium, 03 for Volcanoc, 04 for Polkopia, 05 for San Llera, 06 for BloodBath Generation, 07 for Ekoz, 08 for Talvezout, 09 for Esta Lloviendo, 10 for Nekoni!

Tess:11 for Rotia, 12 for Dreamplanet, 13 for Mister X, 14 for KwaDai, 15 for Free Republics, 16 to The Sword Bloke, 17 to Krytenia, 18 to Electrum, 19 to Normandy and Picardy, 20 to Izmedu and 21 to Todlichebujoku!

Mini:22 to The Sarian, 23 to Yttribia, 24 to Gregoryisgodistan, 25 for Gim, 26 for The Associated Godlands, you may not vote for Britonisea, 28 for Missus X, 29 to Graciada and 30 to Anilons, The Lonish Isles. 31 for Muinordgrad, 32 for Kalosia, 33 for Electrum Diplomatic Offices, 34 for lovely Lons and 35 for Wazekia!

Tess: Right, now we have last edition's winner. Please welcome Party L with Call us! Whoo!

Interval Act 1
Praciba's Presentation- The WV40 Winning Song
Call us (at the Bala) - Party L
Tune: Vamos a la Playa - Miranda
-English, Pracib

Party L

As it becomes Praciba's time to perform, all lights are dimmed. Due to these dimmed lights, no one was able to make up what was happening on the stage except for the technicians and mechanics that were sent, among others, with the performers. Wearing night-vision goggles, they placed the required props for the performance and carried the performers to their places. While the performers were more than capable of moving themselves, it was deemed safer for them to get carried to their place, as they would probably knock something over or get seriously hurt in the dark. What many people didn't know was that these technicians and mechanics were often chosen from the best strongmen of Praciba, with popular strongmen such as Barþy 'Man Crusher' Kóngresson and þieðerick 'Femboy' Choulß often receiving a quick course on how to install the specialized Pracib equipment, seeing as regular technicians and mechanics lacked the power and raw strength to lift the equipment and the artists.

When the lights were turned back on, a large DJ booth was revealed to be in the middle of the stage. Behind it stood Party L, the threesome that had been selected as Praciba's participants. A popular musical act in Bentrus, where two of the three members were born, Party L consisted of three ex-Luurisvaleitaræn employees that had turned to the DJ booth to make a buck, stating that their analytic abilities allowed them to make musical masterpieces. While this wasn't seen in the charts, where they reached mediocre results when compared to artists from the more populous areas, they had won the in-house National Final, only able for viewing with the PraSat Plus service of PR TV, with a stunning live performance of their catchy-yet-chilling song 'Call us at the Bala', which makes references to the Luurisvaleitaræn when it was still the 'axe' of the nation.

As the music starts, two men in ratty outfits are seen crawling to the center of the stage, to the area in front of the DJ booth as two of the Party L members grab some bananas and move to the men. Throwing both men a banana and keeping one each, to act as a fake pistol, the Party L members, that were wearing black glitter suits began their act, the oldest of the three staying behind the DJ booth to handle the controls.

Call us at the Bala*
Laying down, eating banana**
The rhythm of the night
Leaves everything alright

Call us at the Bala
Laying down, eating banana
The rhythm of the night

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

As the Party L members all take off their sunglasses and their pistol-bananas are thrown to the other men, a mix of fireworks and fire shoot out of the stage, giving the entire song a sudden burst of extra energy. A further benefit was the fact that the massive light show took away eyes from the 'prisoners' tearing off their outfits and jumping up, showing that they were not turn-of-the-century inmates but rather professional adult entertainers with terrific bodies. Partying with each other, which primarily featured heated dancing and mutual banana feeding, Party L continued their 'secret agent' dancing, which primarily featured a summer-themed robot dance.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Wha-ha!

As the Wha-ha! is shouted, two women in, for Pracib terms only slightly revealing, police outfits drop in, climbing a rope down to reach the stage and joining the dancing. At the same time, two fold-out chairs are also dropped from the ceiling, albeit without any protection and thus leading to a thud when the stage broke their fall, a thud that was overshadowed by the music. The LED screen behind the stage depicts a visual version of what is sung, with various faces, said faces with a cross through them, a telephone and a artist's rendition of Skála Island Prison finding their way onto the screen.

Friends of any color
Will take steps that will bother
Call us at the Bala
Or you will see the Skála***

Balan, eggös eggi hey!****
Balan, eggös eggi hey!
Balan, eggös eggi hey!

As the two chairs are clapped out by the two Party L members, in a way fitting in their dance, the two women handcuff the two adult entertainers and lead them each to a different chair, starting a lapdance as the next part of the song begins.

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

As this part of the song ends, both the male and female entertainers can be seen with a faux surprised look on their face in regards to the knowledge held by the Luurisvaleitaræn. Releasing the men from their handcuffs, the women are then faux assaulted by the men to reveal an even skimpier outfit under their police outfits.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

The last Party L member joins the other two, holding an enlarged telephone, as they go towards the front of the stage. Hearing the shouts of the excited audience, all three take off their jackets and throw it into the audience, their underlying formal shirts revealing a print on them, the actual public number for the Bala. While it had previously stirred some trouble, the heir to the throne, a personal fan of them, had arranged for the proper clearance.

Call us at the Bala

The enlarged phone was thrown into the air, made possible due to very light materials being used in it's construction, just as another round of pyrotechnics flew into the sky, further pushing the crowd into a frenzy. When the phone reaches it's highest point in the air, it suddenly stays there and rotates heavily, shooting rays of light out of it's antenna into the crowd and onto stage, where Party L had joined in a synchronous dance while the four adult entertainers do their thing further in the middle.

Call us
Call us at the Bala

Friends of any color
Will take steps that will bother
Call us at the Bala
Or you will see the Skála

Balan, eggös eggi
Balan, eggös eggi
Balan, eggös eggi

As the phone reaches the men again, primarily kept in the air due to the warm air from the pyrotechnics and the usage of heavy duty wires, Party L changes their dance back to the summer-inspired and summer-themed robot dance that two of it's members did for most of the song.

You know we know
What you did last night
You know we know
Who you did last night
You know we know
Where you did last night

Turning back to the DJ booth, Party L turns the music into overdrive for the last part with heavy lighting, fireworks and pyrotechnics giving the people the visible variant of the musical overdrive. With almost every line turning into a light and music show, the end of the song became as intense as any good WorldVision winner should be, said winning further encouraged by a subtle flashing message on the massive LED screen stating 'Praß Praciba'.

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

Call us at the Bala
The rhythm of the night

As the song ends, the biggest mixture of pyrotechnics, fireworks and lights go off, providing a visually blinding experience. When said display finally dies down, the stage is entirely cleared and missing the artists, among all other performers and their equipment, with only one message still seen on the LED screen: 'Thank-you WorldVision!'

*Bala is the nickname for the headquarters of the Pracib secret service, the Luurisvaleitaræn. It comes from the word Balan or knowledge in Pracib.
**This part is a reference to the beginning of the Bala, when it featured a short-term in-house prison, notorious for it's low prison cell ceilings. Prisoners received a single banana per day, which eventually, if the low ceilings didn't, forced the prisoners to lay down due to malnutrition. At night, when everyone was sleeping or enjoying themselves and thus wouldn't hear the sounds, the inmates would be interrogated and those who talked received food, those who didn't talk eventually perished. While no prisoners are held there anymore, the prison currently features a hardcore detox program.
***The Skála Island Prison is the prison where traitors, serial killers, enemies of the state, foreigners awaiting transport, other high-risk inmates and scared straight programs end up. It is in direct Luurisvaleitaræn management, although this is mostly done to keep the prison from mandatory budget cuts due to it's, at times, low inmate number.
****Balan, eggös eggi means so much as 'Knowledge, it's us' or 'Knowledge, that's us' in Pracib

In the Greenroom - Polkopia and TSB

Tess: So I am interviewing the Polkopian act, You performed a while back, 4th, and now we are at the Interval Act. People are voting for Polkopia at the moment. I am going to ask the most blatant question now, how do you feel?

Tatiana: Eh, nervous? *Laughs*. I think I, I mean we, as team, did best we could. I very happy at ourselves and the... effort that we gave. We couldn't have done any better!

Tess: I apologise for Jonaton's sake for his fear of Polkopians, but, how is the contest going on for you? Did you expect the contest to be so?

Tatiana: *Laughs again* It no big deal sweetie, believe me! I love this contest so much. I am having great time. I thought that I might be hated here, you know, because where I come from, but I have had a great time here and I'm very thankful.

Tess: Finally, what do you expect out of the voting section?

Tatiana: That is tricky question because you never really know. We could get first place, or the last place, because the results are so... er.. unpredictable! I just want to bring my country to the top ten.

Tess: Thanks!

Tatiana: No, thank you sweetie!

Tess: *walks over to The Sword Bloke* Hello there! Tess: So, you performed 16th, a while back, how do you feel now? Now that you've got the stress over and done with.

SO: We have no stress, Tess. Triple the crowd of WorldVision come to see me execute people. So this is like some minority event. Which is why one of the most violent nations in the world want to make this a violent hotspot. This event causes no stress. Me, Maxky, Marcus & our backing singers only rehearsed once, and we only talked to Swordean, Gregoryisgodistani & Kasanovakoratican newspapers. No stress allowed in The Sword Bloke. Or.... Death.

Tess: Do you think you will return next edition, perhaps in your own nation?

Maxky: Oh yea, that would be awesome. It would be better in our opinion though, if we went to Volcanoc to perform, so we could bomb everything. Then the 'AngelouGate' incident of World Cup 72 can happen in Volcanoc. After all, we know what will happen when they win. We like spying. *Shop Owner whispers to Maxky* And we wouldn't mind performing in Gregoryisgodistan, Kasanovakoratica, Electrum Diplomatic Offices or Missus X either.

Tess: Do you think you'll get to perform your song again? As the winners?

Marcus: Well, yea. That's what we think will happen. Every artist thinks they'll win. And we have guaranteed a victory. We've rigged Swordean betting odds, as usual. We are guaranteed to win. After all, everybody likes bombs. You just need to remember the words of my brother; It would be awesome to win, and also good to win a host bid.

*After Tess farewells them*

Shop Owner: Ya. Go Swordeans, people who vote for Swordeans, bombs, and evil dictators in WorldVision!
Maxky & Marcus: What he said.

Tess: Now it is time for some more music!
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Interval Act 2
The Britonish/Estoge Presentation
Sour Grapes - Kelly Timmerman ft. Jon Timmerman
Tune

As you can see, both of the characters wore clothes that showed a bit of skin. Jon and Kelly walked on stage together when no one was. The crowd was cheering for them. The stage then turned a murky brown colour. Suddenly, hundreds of men wearing the same thing as Jon appeared from the arena. Some were on the first tier, the ground, the second tier or they came from the stage. They all had big drums in their hands and they started to bang the drum. Jon started to sing, or chant. However you want to see it.
The world all comes together,
Glued by the force of friendship and
love for one another,
We will succeed, and
Have, a, Have a good time! Let's try! Come on!

Kelly then came forward and stood right in front of the stairs leading towards the ground. There were a line of men win the drums along the ground floor infront of the stage, she started to sing as the backing track started. The drums and the music seemed like a nice interweaving polyphonic tune, something the team was aiming to achieve.

La La La La La
La La La La La
La La La La La

La La La La La
La La La La La
La La La La La

Sour Grapes
Together
Together
Together

Those who were playing the drum started to make their way down to the stage. They slowly walked towards the stage as Kelly started to dance, coming down the steps. The camera backed out and watched the arena changing colours. It was a magnificent sight as everyone raised their flags and they were all jumping to the tune, all together. She started to sing, she looked at the camera.

If you think closely at the issue,
there is no reason to be lonely
Everyone's dancing outside
Even though still rule to abide by

I know some people really think,
why they're lonely in their beds.
Instead of thinking, let's us believe
Your sour grapes will be sweet in the morning

The men then raised their hands in the air as Jon came towards Kelly. Kelly was still looking at the camera singing while the crowd who can't see her properly look at the spectacle on the big screen either sides of the stage. She carried on singing the song.

Right of way, greenlight flashing
Waiting for you to come forth,
Don't wait for the matador,
He'll shine red, and make see wrong

Suddenly, the men started to sing "lalalala" as they, Kelly and Jon start dancing to the tune at a fast pace. The camera went along the long line before circling at the pair. 4 flashes of white light amazed the audience, only to make them go a bit louder.

La La La La La
La La La La La
La La La La La La
La La La La!
Come on everyone, let's sing beyond, the stars and the sky,
Be the shining star. I dare you

Together
Forever

As Kelly stopped dancing, Jon moved back in to the long line of men. They carried on dancing as Kelly started to walk around each of them. The camera swirled around with her as she points to who she is talking to.

Look at me, in glee.
Look at you, smile for the camera.
Look at the people at home,
wishing their lives could be much better.
Look at the commentators
Bringing the action to your doorstep.
Look at the Earth, we are one.
Don't be sour, you'll be sweet in the morning.

She was then handed a grape by one of the men, a grape of which she ate. She then walked to the stage while this part was a calm down. Jon took over the singing for this part. The slowly walked to the stage, following Kelly. The camera show a split second of the musicians.

Right of way, greenlight flashing
Waiting for you to come forth,
Don't wait for the matador,
He'll shine red, and make see wrong. Hey!

Quickly, the stage flashed from red and green before turning yellow, Jon, Kelly and the dancers returned to dancing again. "Dance with us WorldVision!" she shouted as the crowd cheered in their honour. She took over singing.

La La La La La
La La La La La
La La La La La La
La La La La!
Come on everyone, let's sing beyond, the stars and the sky,
I dare you

Together
Forever

The stage suddenly shut down, or that's what people thought. The wind machines turned on and you could see her hair flying in the wind, and this was the same for Jon. He held on his cap as the camera did a front shot of the pair standing next to each other.

Let's join hands and,
let's shine together
as if we don't this,
We may perish alone, and we can, we can, we can, we can, can can!

When she sang, "Let's Join hands" she joined hands with Jon who smiled at her. As she sand "Shine" there was a star at the top of the stage, and it stayed their until she started to belt out "Can". Raining fireworks then fell from the ceiling of the arena.

Come on everyone,
let's sing beyond,
the stars and the sky,
Together
From the heat of the sun
Us people are one.
Don't be sour as
I dare you

Sour Grapes
Together
Live in
Harmony.

"Thank-you everyone, thank-you, enjoy of the show!" shouted Kelly as she held hands with Jon, who waved, they both walked off as the camera turned to the greenroom.

In the Greenroom

Tess: No! Thanks to the Estoge pair Jon and Kelly, who came 12th in WorldVision 39! So here in the greenroom I am interviewing two guys I'd die for, from the Todlichebujoku delegation, but *whispers* don't tell them that though! *Chuckles and sits in between them* Hello, thanks for deciding to have an interview with me! Let's get down to business though. Sudet, you handsome chap, your facial expression was so believable, to the point where I teared up myself. Please tell me, if you don't mind, how do you do it?

Sudet: Well, oh, um thanks! I just kind of feel the music and sink into the emotion of the song so that everything looks and feels genuine. I'm super glad it's come across so well.

Tess: So, ZTA, Todlichebujoku (A.K.A The Gas Giants) got a quite weird expression from the audience during the contest, and although I know the reason why, a reason i'll tell you later, what were your initial thoughts? Not to mention the fact that the applause you received were substantial.

ZTA: Oh, I thought that everyone was just being polite. I mean, here's this nation that's been quite successful and involved in the contest so the audience is divided between happily cheering for its entry and silently hoping it would go away, rather like the receptions for Polkopia and Ekoz. At least that's my take on it.

Tess: Well yes, nobility, asking around, the public look up to the nation as quite successful, and therefore the Britonish Public are unsure of how to act, can you perhaps reassure them?

ZTA: Oh...
*he nods, then turns to the camera*
Don't be afraid to show your support for us! We won't be sitting around and judging your excitement level, so cheer as much as your heart desires.

Tess: *Wipes away drool as camera turns on other nations* Back to Sudet, finally, what do you expect from the voting period tonight? Any main threats from you receiving the 1st place spot everyone craves so much?

Sudet: Hmm... For now, it's hard to tell, but the entries from Mister X and Kwadai are definitely stiff competition for us specifically.

ZTA adds: And don't forget that power duo Kasanova-Koratica and Missus X. "Twerking Hard" and "Penis" will almost certainly top the rankings.

*everyone laughs at this near-impossibility, then silently hopes it really is an impossibility*
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63