NATION

PASSWORD

To Court a Princess (Semi-Open; TG me)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Catherine

…I too, find you more and more interesting, ma princesse. You honor me with your honeyed words and your gentle kiss. Something I shall savor all my life, no doubt.” Eyes alight with interest at the talk of football, Paul continued, “Have you ever played football casually? It is quite fun…I have watched a few matches myself, played casually on the palace green.

"Yes, some; when I was a little girl mostly. Audric and our cousins on mother's side would split into five a side teams and play against eachother... I think I was the only one that actually had the nerve to tackle my brother, and nobody had the nerve to tackle me, so the matches could be rather dull if high scoring affairs." She quieted, as Paul began to speak again.

And what is your favorite book, avid reader that you are? Surely something rife with poetic beauty…that would only be fitting. Mine would be Cyrano de Bergerac…yes, I know it isn’t a book, a play, but one that can be read and appreciated all the same.” Clearing his throat, he recited one his favorite lines from the play.

Et ce qui est un baiser, spécifiquement? Un gage correctement scellé, une promesse assaisonné au goût, un vœu estampillés avec l'immédiateté d'une lèvre, un cercle rose tracé autour du verbe «amour». Un baiser est un message trop intime pour l'oreille, l'infini capturé en brève visite de l'abeille à une fleur, la communication séculaire avec un arrière-goût du ciel, l'impulsion montante du coeur de prononcer son nom sur les lèvres d'un amant, toujours.” (“And what is a kiss, specifically? A pledge properly sealed, a promise seasoned to taste, a vow stamped with the immediacy of a lip, a rosy circle drawn around the verb 'to love.' A kiss is a message too intimate for the ear, infinity captured in the bee's brief visit to a flower, secular communication with an aftertaste of heaven, the pulse rising from the heart to utter its name on a lover's lip, Forever.)

Catherine smiled brightly, complimenting him on his accent. "For being so young and living far from any French-speaking countries, your accent is remarkably un-schoolboy-ish." Laying a hand on his arm for a moment - making sure it seemed a thoughtless movement, when in reality it was quite calculated - and spoke. "As for my own favorite author... Victor Hugo, I think..." She pondered the thought for a moment, before speaking again. "Le premier symptôme de l'amour dans un jeune homme est timidité; chez une jeune fille, d'audace." [The first symptom of love in a young man is timidity; in a girl, boldness.] Grinning saucily at Paul, she swallowed the rest of her wine, setting the glass down nearby.

“I assume you have read, or seen the play, my Princess? Surely that is one that you would enjoy, a story of men doing great things for their lady love, trying to earn her affections. You say there isn’t much to say of your family, perhaps that is because there is more than words can say? Are there any words, in French, English, Ghantish or otherwise, that can adequately convey your noble person?” Very smooth, young man, she thought, flushing slightly at his continued complementing.

"Perhaps, though I am sure I could find many a person with some rather choice words to say for myself."

Marie-Claire

The young Princess of Vannois listened to the foreign girls closely, quite liking what she was hearing. So is he truly perfect, wrought from a perfect and utterly pathetic being? she thought, almost giggling to herself at her description of Nathan's parents. If the Emperor of Ghant was anything, that was certainly not impressive.

"Interesting..." Claire murmured, looking from one Ghantish Princess to the other. "I- have another question of you, one of maybe more weight." Looking round and seeing her brother still up on his high seat and Catherine speaking with the same Ghantish Prince, she leaned in a bit - not without her little birds, either, as each of the Vannoisian girls also leaned forward with their Princess - and spoke. "Could you also tell me of my... ah... relations, I suppose- the children of Dominique of Ghant?"

Audric

The Emperor of Vannois dismissed the young Ghantish royal with a respectful nod, even gifting him the slightest smile, before turning to his betrothed and taking the offered glass of wine. "Pensées, chère Kailey?" [Thoughts, dearest Kailey?] he asked, taking a large sip of the wonderful red.

"Il semble tout à fait authentique. Je fus surpris de sa franchise concernant l'Empereur." [He seems quite genuine. I was surprised at his candidness regarding the Emperor.] She checked a nail, then held eye contact with Audric before smiling. "Pas pire que les autres garçons que vous avez pris en compte pour Claire." [No worse than the other boys you have considered for Claire.] The Emperor sighed at this, shaking his head, but murmuring agreement.

"Si seulement son père était un homme respectable, je dois pas le temps d'examiner cette poursuite." [If only his father were a respectable man, I would need no time to consider this pursuit. ] He fixed his gaze on Bebe for a moment before shaking his head. "Il parle si magnifiquement de la monogamie et la fidélité, de sincérité et d'amour, et pourtant ... Je ne peux pas secouer le sentiment que son père m'a laissé, ainsi que la nation tout entière avec." [He talks so grandly of monogamy and fidelity, of truthfulness and love, and yet... I cannot shake the feeling that his father has left me, as well as the entire nation with.] Audric pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. "Ce sera une décision difficile, quelle que soit, à la fois pour lui faire visiter ma douce sœur; ou de refuser à un prince héritier." [It will be a difficult decision, regardless, both to let him visit my sweet sister; or to deny a Crown Prince.]

The duo sat in silence for what seemed to be hours, though it was really only minutes, before Audric stood abruptly, holding out a hand to Kailey. Motioning towards the dancefloor with a minute smile, he helped her up and they moved along, eventually coming near the middle, dancing to the beat; awaiting another interruption, subconsciously, but for now all was forgotten.
Known as Malay

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:07 am

John

Daniela curtsied, and Aurel bowed to the group of Ghantish nobles. “It is a pleasure to meet all of you, I do hope you’re enjoying your time in Audonia.” John noticed Aurel look at Bella, and she, for her part, shifted her eyes between Aurel and the floor, and blushed, a shy smile creeping across her face. “I am Prince Aurel of Azura and Montemayor, and this is my cousin Princess Daniela,” he finished.

Then Daniela, who had been smiling the whole time, said, “It’s a pleasure.”

Aurel turned back to face Bella, and after a few moments, addressed her. “Bella, would you do me the honor of having a dance?”

Bella seemed meek in her reaction, her face turning flush, and a slight quivering taking her over. John knew that his dear cousin Bella, despite being the first cousin of the Emperor of Ghant, was from a lowly house in Gotorleku that lacked substantial lands, wealth, power or influence, aside from what they could get from the Emperor. It wasn’t often, then, that a foreign prince as handsome and eligible as Aurel paid the likes of her much attention in spite of her beauty and relations. I took a bit, but then she answered in the affirmative. “I would enjoy that, yes.”

The Azuran prince moved quickly, taking Bella’s arm in his before taking off for the floor. Daniela and her brother exchanged some words in their native tongue to boot. It was after this that Ethan Hyla looked at Daniela. “Perchance, my Princess, you would do me the honor of a dance as well?” Ethan was far more bold than the others in his party, being the third son of Great Lord Hodei Hyla.

John looked on in a dignified posture with a shy look, and wondered what he might do. Perhaps he would remain where he was, and perhaps not, Not much for me to do here. Then he decided to use the bathroom. “I think I should use the restroom,” he said with a bow before wandering off once more, as was his way.

Paul

Catherine smiled brightly, complimenting him on his accent. "For being so young and living far from any French-speaking countries, your accent is remarkably un-schoolboy-ish." Then she proceeded to lay a hand on his arm for a moment, causing him to blush slightly at the touch.

“Your compliments are as sweet as honey, my Princess. Vannois is much closer to Ghant than many other nations, and its language so elegant…what better language to learn casually on the side then French?” Gently, he let the hand on his other arm come to rest atop hers.

She proceeded to tell Paul in short order about her favorite book. "As for my own favorite author... Victor Hugo, I think..." She seemed to ponder that for a moment, before speaking again. "Le premier symptôme de l'amour dans un jeune homme est timidité; chez une jeune fille, d'audace." [The first symptom of love in a young man is timidity; in a girl, boldness.] Grinning saucily at Paul, she swallowed the rest of her wine, setting the glass down nearby.

Grinning wide, Paul leaned forward, inching closer towards her. “I am quite the Victor Hugo fan myself, especially of his poetry.” Then he recited one that came to mind.

“Un rien sait l'animer ; curieuse et volage,
Elle va parcourant tous les objets flatteurs,
Sans se fixer jamais, non plus que sur les fleurs
Les zéphyrs vagabonds, doux rivaux des abeilles,
Ou le baiser ravi sur des lèvres vermeilles.”

[One knows nothing animate; curious and fickle,
She goes through all the flattering objects
Without ever setting, nor on flowers
Vagrants zephyrs, soft rival bees
Or happy kiss upon red lips.]

Blushing slightly and smiling once more, he continued to speak. “Right now I find myself feeling quite timid…I wonder, then, how bold you feel, Catherine.” Paul wanted to close the gap and kiss her, like in the Victor Hugo poem Lady that he recited a passage from. But alas, he was timid…

Sara

"Interesting..." Claire murmured, looking between Sara and Valerie. "I- have another question of you, one of maybe more weight." Claire looked around for a few moments, before speaking once more. "Could you also tell me of my... ah... relations, I suppose- the children of Dominique of Ghant?"

Sara and Valerie exchanged anxious looks between them, knowing how sour the subject was in Vannois. Yet, Claire asked, and Sara spoke. “…Well…Dominique has a number of children…the eldest, Blanche, is here…”

“She’s younger than us, but not by much,” Valerie interjected. “She’s very pretty and intelligent, has a certain charm. She speaks fluent French and plays the harp when she’s alone, and likes to play tea party and dress up. I know you are second cousins, and have never met. Would you like to meet her?”

To this, Sara sighed softly. She was aware of the incident that had already transpired involving her father, and didn’t want to add further insult to injury. “Don’t mind my sister, my Princess, she meant no disrespect. She is just naïve.”

“…Am not,” Valerie snapped back with hands on her hips. God, Val, please not now.

“As you say, sweet sister,” Sara responded cheerfully with a smile. “Regardless, she is with the Dowager Empress…wherever she might be…”

“I saw her go with Blanche towards the lady’s room,” said Prince John upon approach. “Please, my ladies, pardon the interruption. I am John, High Prince of Ghant, 2nd in line to the succession of the Obsidian Throne of Ghant…I take it you have met my sisters, Sara and Valerie?”

Sara inclined her head, and gave him the pleasure of an introduction. “This is Marie-Claire, Princess of Vannois and Duchess of La Couronne, Ladies Marie-Françoise de Créquy of Soibonne, Roselyne de la Tour d'Auvergne of Compiègne‎, and Lady Jacqueline-Noëlle Rochette, heir to the Duchy of Balême-Belthune.” The Princess Imperial thanked her lucky stars that she had a knack for remembering names and titles.

John, however, seemed a bit shy, and overwhelmed. “…Well met, my ladies, and Princess…I believe I saw you dancing earlier with my brother, Nathan…”

Papa Nate

The Emperor of Ghant thought about his encounter with Audric while he made his way to the bathroom, and once again inside as he took his pee. Audric provided him a necessary distraction from his encounter with Maria…or lack thereof. This is preferable, he thought of how that turned out. It is better this way.

He didn’t regret introducing Blanche to Audric…he knew it was an insult, but he didn’t care. Audric insults me by calling my children bastards and for alienating Dominique. This was his only chance to rub it in Audric’s face, and he did it with satisfaction. I won’t see Dominique treated like a pariah and my own children like street urchins. Blanche was a Princess of Ghant, and her brothers in the line of succession. If Audric didn’t recognize that, then it was he who was offering insult…not Nathan.

After he had finished, he departed the bathroom, and noticed his men standing in the general vicinity. He didn’t like it when they followed him into the bathroom, and so they stood outside whenever he did. It was then that he heard crying. Oh no, he thought as he began to casually walk in that direction.

Sure enough, he found Blanche in some secluded area, curled up in Teresa’s lap. Blanche was bawling into her great-grandmother’s dress, ruining it with her tears, while Teresa gently stroked the girl’s hair and back. When Nathan arrived at the scene, Teresa shot a look at him. “…You’re an idiot.”

“Me? What for?” Nathan asked in his surprise and indignation.

“The fact that you even have to ask proves how idiotic you are. Do you realize what you just did? Probably not, so let me tell you. For the past ten years, you and Dominique have been frolicking in Ghish in your merriment, and then here in Vannois, the controversy that caused rocked the Imperial Family. I have been trying ever since to rectify the position and standing of Dominique and her children, and I was getting close…oh so close. That would have been my last deed before I left this world…doing something good for my family so that there would be harmony, understanding and acceptance. But no, you just had to go and ruin that, didn’t you? You just had to shove it in Audric’s face! You petulant child, he who would call himself Emperor of Ghant.” Teresa spoke with fury. “I might have been able to fix it, but I don’t have the time…I am not long of this world, and you have cursed me to die having failed my family.”

“…I don’t know what to say.” Nathan was at a loss for words, and suddenly the gravity of his ploy became apparent. Gods be good, what have I done? “…I am sorry…”

Teresa snapped at him. “Good, you should be. Now console your daughter while I see to this matter at once.” Having said that, Teresa wiggled her way out from underneath her great-granddaughter, and took to her walker as she began to make her way down the hall. “Unbelievable,” she groaned as she made her way, not looking back.

Nathan immediately sat down and embraced his daughter, pulling her close to him and pressing her head to his breast as he stroked her hair with one hand, and rubbed her back with the other. “Sshh…”

“It’s not fair!” Blanche wailed. “I shouldn’t exist…I am a mistake…they hate me! I want to die…”

“No!” Nathan exclaimed as he brought the hand in her hair under her chin and lifted it up so he could look her in the eyes. “Don’t ever say that, Blanche. Not ever! Your mother loves you, I love you, your great-grandmother loves you, your brothers and sisters love you…you are loved by so many…”

“No you don’t! You embarrassed and humiliated me and made Emperor Audric and his vassals hate me! Now they will never accept me or mother, ever! I am a freak, father, and you reminded me of that.”

“You are not a freak.” The Emperor took a deep breath, and looked at her again as she wept. “When your mother told me that she was pregnant with you, my advisors told me to have her sent away, or to have you terminated in utero. They knew of the controversy and wanted to avoid it. You know what I told them? I told them all to go to hell. I loved your mother than as much as I do now, and I loved you the moment she told me that she had you in her belly. There was nothing I wanted more in all the world than to see you when you were born, a beautiful baby girl born to two people that loved each other very much. I wanted to see you sleep in your crib, I wanted to see you crawl, take your first step, smile and laugh and be happy. I want to see you become a young woman, to learn and love and find a good husband and have children of your own. And when I die, the last thing I want to see is you, holding my hand as I draw my final breath.”

Nathan was crying then as well, tears beginning to stream down his cheeks. “You are not some freak, or bastard or pariah, no matter what they say. You are Blanche of the House Gentry, Princess of Ghant, and you are my daughter. And I love you more than words can say.” The Emperor held his daughter in his fatherly embrace as they cried, together. It wasn’t often that he shed tears, but for his daughters, he would weep an ocean. Especially Blanche, poor sweet girl.
Last edited by Ghant on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Catherine

Right now I find myself feeling quite timid…I wonder, then, how bold you feel, Catherine.” It was all Catherine could do not to kiss him right that moment. He was attractive; smart, funny, wonderfully charming... Already she knew there would be few better choices in men - in personality and future loveability and potential - in the entire World, let alone Vannois.

"I find myself cursing these social conventions we must ever adhere to, to tell you the truth..." Catherine drifted closer to Paul, their faces inches apart. She almost kissed him, then, but steeled herself, breaking out into a grin that shook her of her almost dazed state. She giggled. "If we could escape for but a moment, I think I might... Well, I think you know what I mean." Looking around, she noticed that most of the attendees were caught up in what had happened near her brother - something to do with the Ghantish Emperor and one of his myriad daughters, apparently, she could not remember anything save for Paul at the moment - before turning back to her possible new beau. Laying a hand on his shoulder, she drew herself up near to his ear, murmuring, "I doubt anyone would notice if we were gone only a moment... Nobody at all.."

Marie-Claire

Claire listened quietly, nervously, as her cousin Blanche was described, eyes widening in shock at Valerie's suggestion that they meet the girl before Sara took over, apologizing quickly.

"Do not worry, I am certainly not offended; my brother, I think, has taken all the offense that will be needed for Vannois tonight. I do not wish to attribute to any bad blood between our families." Claire smiled slightly, and greeted the Prince John as he arrived.

This is Marie-Claire, Princess of Vannois and Duchess of La Couronne, Ladies Marie-Françoise de Créquy of Soibonne, Roselyne de la Tour d'Auvergne of Compiègne‎, and Lady Jacqueline-Noëlle Rochette, heir to the Duchy of Balême-Belthune.” The Princess impressed Claire - it was not easy to recite names, cities, and titles, but the young girl made it seem so.

The Prince, John, seemed a touch overwhelmed. “…Well met, my ladies, and Princess…I believe I saw you dancing earlier with my brother, Nathan…

"Bonjour. You are correct, sir. Your brother is a wonderful dancer, and a conversationalist of the highest calibre. I thoroughly enjoyed his presence."

Audric

The Emperor spotted his great-grandmother barreling towards him, really quite spry for all that she used a walker nowadays, and pressed a kiss to his betrothed's forehead, directing her into the jovial arms of his cousin and Jean-Christophe of Alés' father, Christophe, before turning to the Dowager Empress with a pained smile. Must it be I to tell her that her suit for Dominique and her children cannot continue?, he thought - rejecting the thought that of course he had to bloody do it, the woman was his great-grandmother and one of the greatest women he had ever known - and steeled himself.
Known as Malay

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:20 am

Paul

Indeed, Paul wanted to kiss her so bad, right then and there. But he knew social convention dictated that he shouldn’t. She was beautiful, intelligent, funny, and possessing of a lady’s charm. There would be few better choices for a potential bride, and he wanted her now more than ever. Badly. He could feel it in his racing mind, in his knotted stomach, and in the heat of his loins.

Then she spoke. "I find myself cursing these social conventions we must ever adhere to, to tell you the truth..." Catherine drifted closer to Paul, their faces inches apart. He almost kissed her, but restrained himself, blushing a bit and smiling as he let his face linger so close to hers.

“…Yes, my Princess, I curse them as well…” he did take the opportunity to place his hands on her arms, savoring the texture of her skin upon his fingertips.

"If we could escape for but a moment, I think I might... Well, I think you know what I mean."

“…Oh, I think I do…” Paul watched Catherine as she looked around, and he noticed that Emperor Audric seemed distracted. Then she put a hand on his shoulder, and whispered in his ear. “I doubt anyone would notice if we were gone only a moment... Nobody at all…”

It was all Paul could do not to grab her arm and run off with her to some unseen part of the palace. “…It might be some time before anyone does.” Holding her close, he leaned into her ear, and said softly, “Plomb puis, à l'endroit où il est vous voulez aller.” [Lead then, to wherever it is you wish to go] After all, she knew the palace better than he did, and where people might not be looking…

John

"Do not worry, I am certainly not offended; my brother, I think, has taken all the offense that will be needed for Vannois tonight. I do not wish to attribute to any bad blood between our families." Claire smiled slightly, and greeted the Prince John as he arrived. "Bonjour. You are correct, sir. Your brother is a wonderful dancer, and a conversationalist of the highest calibre. I thoroughly enjoyed his presence."

Sara smiled brightly, and inclined his head. “Our brother certainly has a way with the ladies, although he is sparing in his affections. If you received them, it must have been genuine. That’s quite the honor.”

John, for his part, merely nodded. “That’s good…he is certainly better than I at such things. Perhaps, then, I should ask for a dance myself, if only to observe proper convention.” John was smart enough to know that if Bebe had danced with Claire and left that impression on her, that she was his now, and John would suffer his wrath if he dared encroach. So he mulled his options, and continued. “Lady Jacqueline-Noëlle Rochette, perhaps you would honor me with a dance? It is seldom that I get the opportunity to dance with lovely ducal heirs, such as thee.”

Valerie whispered in Claire’s ear. “John is very modest and unambitious…he avoids treading upon Nathan’s path. He suspects that our brother is taken with you and will get jealous if he dances with you. I saw Nathan talk to your brother…perchance he wants to court you…would you be receptive to that?”

Teresa

In spite of her walker, the Dowager Empress was spry, and moved quickly on her feeble legs. She came upon her great-grandson, and stood before him, after he had sent off his betrothed. Rather then speak in French, she spoke in Latin. “…Lovely evening my boy, is it not? Last ball for me, I think…I can feel it in my bones…creeping death. Enjoy yourself while you are young, before your ass begins to sag and you have a hard time getting it up.”

The old woman looked around, her legs still planted to the ground and her stick thin arms on the walker, quivering slightly. “I know I am not going to change your mind on anything, dear. You are like your father, who was like his mother, stubborn as an ox, and consumed by vainglory. So there is no point in wasting my limited breaths on trying to dissuade you from your course. I am going to tell you this instead. The Emperor of Ghant is an idiot…that boy of his is not. Don’t hold the boy, or the girl, accountable for their father’s stupidity. If you were going to do that, then you might as well hold me accountable for my grandfather’s crimes. The Mad Emperor of Ghant…nothing more to say about that, my boy.”

Teresa patted Audric on the shoulder feebly, and looked down at the ground. She knew she would six feet under it, soon enough. She was ready for it, too…her husband had be dead for nearly forty years, and the world she found herself in was one that she was ill adjusted for. Her time had passed, yet there she was, lingering on, and on, a thing out of place and out of time. She wanted to die in peace…and thanks to Nathan’s stupidity and Audric’s excessive pride, she feared that she wouldn’t. “…I want to die in peace, Audric. I don’t want to die the way my mother, father, and brothers did. Feeling like I failed the ones I loved.” A tear streamed down her face at the sudden realization. Apples never fall far from the tree…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Aurel
After exchanging words with Daniela, Aurel continued on his way toward the ballroom’s dance floor with Bella. She worries way too much, he thought, reaching an open space on the floor. He turned and smiled at Bella, the thoughts of his cousin distant in his mind now. Taking one of her hands in his, he put his other hand on her upper hip. He was careful not to put it too low, knowing full well that he shouldn’t be too forward. He had done this countless times back home, his father always being one who liked to hold state dinners and balls where he invited almost all of the noble houses to attend.

The two began to move rhythmically with the music and he could tell straight away that she too was educated in the way of ballroom dancing. Both remained silent for a short time, the silence eventually pushed Aurel to speak. “So Your Highness, are you enjoying your time here in Vannois?”

He knew that those in Ghant were fairly well connected with the Vannosian Royal Family, but he was unsure if Bella, not being a member of the immediate Royal Family of Ghant, had even been here before. Unsure himself if she had ever been to Azura and Montemayor either, he asked, “And have you ever been to Azura and Montemayor?” He knew that she had never been to his home country on a state visit, but there was always the chance that she had come on a trip for a getaway or something of the like. He personally had never been to Ghant, but had heard stories told by his sister-in-law Seraphina, a noble Ghantish woman who was married to his eldest brother Augustín. He was interested to see if was really what Seraphina said it was like.

Daniela
Daniela watched Aurel as he and Bella made their way through the crowd toward the dance floor and out of sight. He may have told her not to worry, but she couldn’t help but do it anyway, it was how she was. She turned back to the group of Ghantish nobles and it wasn’t long before Ethan approached her. ” Perchance, my Princess, you would do me the honor of a dance as well?”

The request caught her off guard. Looking up at Ethan, his smile and playful yet innocent face made her feel calm and somewhat joyful. “Of course, my Prince, how could I refuse?” she responded, allowing him to take her arm and begin to escort her to the dance floor much like her cousin had done with Bella. She had known she would be dancing here with someone, yet she never imagined it would be with someone she had yet to know. Having come to Vannois many times and being friends with Catherine she knew many of the noble Vannosian men, although she had yet to actually go and speak to any. She had no doubt though that she would enjoy this dance just as much as she would with any of them.

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Catherine

Plomb puis, à l'endroit où il est vous voulez aller.” [Lead then, to wherever it is you wish to go].

"Magnifique..." Catherine murmured, snatching Paul's hand and leading him quickly out a side entrance that would likely not be noticed if not for the break in refreshment tables; it seemed to be smooth wall but for the visible edges at the door jamb, and the odd servant or two entering and exiting bringing platters. Throwing open the door, Catherine led Paul through the airy hallways that surrounded the great hall they had been in before coming to a small hall, well away from the party and with a rather wonderful view of the palace grounds and further along, the great Lac de Louis XVI.

Deciding that this was as good a place as any - she had had various little 'meetings' at this location before, after all - Catherine pushed Paul up against the wall, kissing him once, giggling, then pouncing upon him. Neither noticed a guardsman, tasked by Audric to make sure his sister was not caught out, take up position just out of sight at the entrance of the hallway; he was specifically told to turn away any guests that might come upon Catherine and a new beau, and leave the young Princess alone to her own devices - that is, unless she called for help.

That was the last thing on her mind as she assaulted Paul's mouth with her own, of course, but that hardly mattered. All that did matter, it seemed, was doing as much as she could in the short time they were undoubtedly allotted together.

Claire

The young Princess blushed at the compliments sent her way regarding Bebe; she really was quite excited about it all - she could not wait to ask Audric permission to send him letters, or to visit Ghish.

As John asked her friend to dance, she nodded to the girl's unasked question; was she permitted dance with the foreign Prince and leave Her Highness's presence? Of course, there was no reason to deny her.

"... I would love to, your Highness." Jacqueline-Noëlle smiled brightly. She was one of few ducal heirs that went unbetrothed at birth, not for any particular reason but that there were very few potential candidates of her age at the time. She had been invited and able to attend this event mostly due to that fact; the duchy of Balême-Belthune would need a new heir some day, of course. "Lead the way."

John is very modest and unambitious…he avoids treading upon Nathan’s path. He suspects that our brother is taken with you and will get jealous if he dances with you. I saw Nathan talk to your brother…perchance he wants to court you…would you be receptive to that?” Valerie whispered to Claire, who in turned whispered back.

"So long as my brother things it a good idea - I would be quite happy with such a development. Your brother seems to be a wonderful man; I should be honored if he were to court me." Claire 'hmmm'ed, then shrugged. "I can think of no better candidate, regardless, truly."

Audric

…Lovely evening my boy, is it not? Last ball for me, I think…I can feel it in my bones…creeping death. Enjoy yourself while you are young, before your ass begins to sag and you have a hard time getting it up.” Teresa greeted Audric, and he chuckled lightly, leaning forward to kiss the Dowager's wrinkled cheek; he truly did love his great-grandmother, more than any other relative of his bar his two sisters, and was always rather chuffed to see her.

"Of course, grandmother, of course." He responded in kind, his Latin slightly accented; he had never been able to truly perfect that facet of any language he learned, really. Latin, Ghantish, German, all had a slight, annoying accent. Or, at least, annoying to him.

I know I am not going to change your mind on anything, dear. You are like your father, who was like his mother, stubborn as an ox, and consumed by vainglory. So there is no point in wasting my limited breaths on trying to dissuade you from your course. I am going to tell you this instead. The Emperor of Ghant is an idiot…that boy of his is not. Don’t hold the boy, or the girl, accountable for their father’s stupidity. If you were going to do that, then you might as well hold me accountable for my grandfather’s crimes. The Mad Emperor of Ghant…nothing more to say about that, my boy.” Teresa seemed to quiver, and the Emperor of Vannois was at a loss. She seemed defeated. "“…I want to die in peace, Audric. I don’t want to die the way my mother, father, and brothers did. Feeling like I failed the ones I loved.

Leaning forward as if to hug the old woman, but deciding at the last moment instead to kiss her cheek once again, Audric ran a hand through his hair.

"Grandmother, I assure you, you have failed none of us - not one. Dominique knew precisely what she was doing when she left for Ghish, and she has showed no remorse, this is sure. But. I will never blame her children for her mistake. I know that it was a goal of your own to gain them recognition here..." He sighed again, resisting the urge to play with his hair twice in just a few moments, and shook his head. "I would meet with the children - in private, here, at the Palace, with none knowing that they are here - some day. Preferably before you enter the next great adventure, as it were. Dominique, however, may never reenter Vannois; it is her fault that this situation has even arisen and been so damaging..." Looking around and not spotting the Emperor of Ghant, he continued. "I should think that relations between Ghish and the Imperial Court have been irreparably damaged tonight - but having experienced the boy Nathan, it is not. Upon his ascension, I promise you, I will do all within my power to improve relations should he be the Emperor I think he may become. But as long as the current Emperor reigns... I cannot in good conscience or even in practice. The man destroys any and all principles and rules and laws of Vannoisian nobility and decorum. I have no choice while he stands."
Last edited by Leasath on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known as Malay

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Bella

The young noble beauty Bella Haro felt meek, shy and nervous as Aurel led her out to the floor for a dance. While she was accustomed to ballroom dancing, she was not used to the attentions of foreign princes. All the same, he made her feel more comfortable when he smiled at her and took one of her hands in his, while his other hand went on her shapely hip. He is modest, and proper, she blushed at his manners.

They began to dance, and it all went well in the beginning, and she realized very quickly that he was well versed in ballroom dancing as well. She was far too shy to say anything, and continued to blush while making shy eye contact…when she wasn’t staring at her feet. I shouldn’t be so shy, she thought, but despite her best efforts to speak, she found herself unable to.

Fortunately, Aurel broke the ice. “So Your Highness, are you enjoying your time here in Vannois?”

His inquiry caused her to giggle. “Oh, I am no highness…just a noble lady from a meager southern house. ‘My Lady’ would do. Excuse me for my correction, if it please Your Highness. I am enjoying myself greatly here, as this is my first time in Vannois.”

Aurel then asked her, “And have you ever been to Azura and Montemayor?”

“I have not, Your Highness…although I hear it is a lovely country, or so it is said at court. I am afraid I am not well traveled, although I would savor the opportunity to do more of it. And what of you, my Prince? Have you ever been here to Vannois before, or to Ghant?”

Ethan

Upon Ethan Hyla asking Daniela to dance, she seemed receptive to the proposition. “Of course, my Prince, how could I refuse?” she responded.

Her rhetorical question caused him to chuckle. “I thank you for your acceptance, although I must point out that I am no prince…although I wish I were! I am the third son of a great lord, so ‘My Lord’ would be sufficient. I hope you can forgive me for my correction.” In any event, he was able to take her arm and escorted her to the dance floor in the proper fashion.

As they began to dance in a careful embrace, with one hand grasping her’s gently and another upon the small of her back, he grinned cheerfully. “I have come to understand that you are friends with Princess Catherine, Your Highness? I am unfamiliar with the extent of the relationship between your two Imperial Families, but from what I understand, they are quite strong…your cousin is married to a Vannoisian Prince too, if I recall correctly.”

Paul

"Magnifique..." The Vannoisian Princes Catherine murmured to Paul, before snatching his hand like an eagle would a mouse, and leading him with expedience out of the ballroom via a side entrance that Paul didn’t notice until the moment they were upon it. He could hardly concentrate on all that…as his mind was a blur. This lovely Princess wanted him as much as he wanted her, and for the first time, Paul thought that maybe he would catch a big break. He wasn’t considered a front runner for her hand (the verdict at court was that such an honor belonged to the Crown Prince of Axionnes), and yet here he was all the same.

Into the spacious hallways she led him, into a small hall far enough removed from the ballroom. This small hall, as it were, had an excellent view of the palace grounds outside, which even then enchanted Paul, although not nearly as much as Catherine did. He was firmly under her spell, walking on spaghetti like legs and a heart beating a hundred miles per second.

That was when Catherine, in a swift stroke that caught Paul off guard, pushed Paul against the wall. Then she kissed him once, giggled, and was nigh upon him, pouncing like a cat upon a mouse. She ferociously kissed him, and once he had a baring and what was taking place, he kissed her back passionately and said in a soft tone, “Oh, ma jolie princesse, vous le goût de paradis” [Oh, my lovely Princess, you taste of paradise].

Paul kissed her back as passionately as he knew how to…which was quite well, although most would consider it an improper way to kiss a lady who wasn’t one’s wife. While he kissed her in the…Vannoisian style, he wrapped a hand around her back and gently stroked her hair, while the other hand grabbed her behind, and aside from feeling it, he used his grasp to push her against his groin. Should this woman be my wife, I mean to make a strong first impression. If she was Teresa’s great-grandaughter, then he assumed he might find out…soon enough…

John

Princess Claire was blushing at what Sara told her about Nathan, to which John had a stoic face. He and his brother didn’t have the best relationship, as Nathan was by all means an alpha prince (as the media referred to him as), while John was a beta prince (John came up with that himself). He was ok with that…he didn’t want to be Emperor, and so could deal with being the 2nd in line to the throne, as it afforded him more freedom in what he wanted to do with his life.

He enjoyed reading, most of all, and would spend hours in the Imperial Library, pouring over old books, ancient tomes and dusty scrolls. His memory was strong enough for him to be able to remember even the most minute details, and he would often recite what he learned to his mother, who absolutely adored the Prince, who had her same eyes, hair, and fair features.

To John’s invitation to the young Ducal heir, Claire nodded, and then Jacqueline- Noëlle spoke. "... I would love to, your Highness," while smiling brightly. "Lead the way."

“Of course, my lady.” John led her out to the floor for a dance, and while not a great dancer (he was uncoordinated and clumsy), he tried his best all the same, which he hoped would be good enough. He could be a bit insecure in himself, especially with someone like Nathan around to constantly remind him of his own inadequacy at everything. Nathan is better than me at everything, he believed, but tried not to let his insecurities show to the lovely young lady in his quivering arms.

“…Are you friends with Princess Marie-Claire?” John asked as they began dancing. “She seems like a lovely Princess…a good person to be friends with. And you are an heir to a duchy! That seems rather exciting. How does said succession work, I wonder? Are you the heir because you are the eldest daughter and you have no brothers? Forgive my ignorance, but such knowledge concerning Vannois I have not gained yet in my studies.” It was only after he spoke that he realized how pedantic he sounded…

Valerie

Princess Valerie had the confidence of Claire for a moment it seemed, as Sara seemed distracted by something. The High Princess took advantage of that, and made small talk with Claire in order to probe. Claire responded to Valerie’s question regarding Bebe’s interest in the former. "So long as my brother thinks it a good idea - I would be quite happy with such a development. Your brother seems to be a wonderful man; I should be honored if he were to court me." Claire 'hmmm'ed, then shrugged. "I can think of no better candidate, regardless, truly."

“Really, nobody, in the entire world?” Valerie played naïve. Of course he is the best candidate. There is no proper rival. “…I am sure there are others who might try to compete, like the young Vannoisian lordlings who I have seen frolicking tonight. Speaking of frolicking…what about cousin Paul and your sister? They seemed awfully interested in each other…do you think your brother would allow you and your sister to both be courted by Ghantish Princes?”

Perhaps that is a question that will make her angry, Valerie thought as she tapped her chin and looked around with a playful grin. She knew how it was…Sara always got the choice interest when it came to expressions of interest in courtship, while Valerie’s prospects, while still great, were far less so than her older sister. Sara was pretty, graceful, charming, refined…she was hard to keep up with. Valerie knew what it was like to be the second daughter, and to get the leavings of the elder…

Teresa

"Of course, grandmother, of course." Audric’s Latin was lacking but was good enough…Teresa wanted to force him outside of his comfort zone, in attempt to get him to be more candid…and so that others nearby who might not have known Latin wouldn’t eavesdrop on their conversation. Not that Teresa cared much anyway. This close to death, and the only thing I care about is still being alive. She had learned to count her blessings.

Audric continued in Latin, leaning forward and kissing her on the cheek, which caused her to smile. He seemed nervous though, running a hand through his hair. "Grandmother, I assure you, you have failed none of us - not one. Dominique knew precisely what she was doing when she left for Ghish, and she has showed no remorse, this is sure. But, I will never blame her children for her mistake. I know that it was a goal of your own to gain them recognition here..." He sighed again. "I would meet with the children - in private, here, at the Palace, with none knowing that they are here - some day. Preferably before you enter the next great adventure, as it were. Dominique, however, may never reenter Vannois; it is her fault that this situation has even arisen and been so damaging..."

Looking around for a moment, he then continued. "I should think that relations between Ghish and the Imperial Court have been irreparably damaged tonight - but having experienced the boy Nathan, it is not. Upon his ascension, I promise you, I will do all within my power to improve relations should he be the Emperor I think he may become. But as long as the current Emperor reigns...I cannot in good conscience or even in practice. The man destroys any and all principles and rules and laws of Vannoisian nobility and decorum. I have no choice while he stands."

Teresa looked him over with narrowed eyes, nibbling on her bottom lip as she let that soak in. “Good, that will serve,” she said, nodding. “Twould be easier as well if you let the Crown Prince court Catherine. It’s been five hundred years since a Vannoisian last sat the Obsidian Throne, and she may stand as good a chance as any in that span. If you want Ghish to be in communion with Claricot, that’s how it is done. Plus, since I was a little girl, I had dreams of seeing one of my own on the Obsidian Throne. Unless you are aware of any better candidates for the sweet girl…that should be your favored choice.”

Having said that, Teresa smiled, and kissed her great-grandson on the forehead. “Thank you, sweet boy. I won’t keep you any longer. I fear I am not well suited for the floor anymore…bone on bone in my legs when I walk. I used to have some meat on them, you know…well, your great-grandfather knew well enough,” she smirked, before beginning to turn to walk away. “Twas at a ball just like this…eighty-six years ago, if you can believe that. In Ghish, just after the war. He made such a good first impression on me, so I escorted him out of the ballroom through a side hallway. That’s was when he came to realize just how great the potential for…Ghanto-Vannoisian relations really are.” Sniggering, she began to inch herself along, in the hunt for some red wine to soothe her frail nerves with…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Catherine

The Princess gasped against Paul, burying her face into his neck for a moment, back at his lips the next, and again, and again... It was quite enjoyable, to be sure.

"Si le mariage a été entièrement basé sur ce ..." [If marriage was based wholly on this...] she groaned, lapsing into slightly more noticeably accented French as she peppered his face with kisses. "Plutôt ... plutôt fier de votre capacité à embrasser dans notre manière, cher seigneur ..." [Rather... rather proud of your ability to kiss in our manner, dear lord...] she continued, taking a moment to draw back and catch her breath. Once she was not so red in the face, and her heart had slowed a moment - she was not done, but this had to be said - she looked directly into Paul's eyes, attempting to keep down her broad grin in favor of a relatively serious attitude.

"I-I'll be asking my brother to arrange future meetings with an eye towards betrothal." She looked down at her feet for a moment, forgetting herself, before looking back piercingly; she . "I don't really care, what Marie-Claire intends with your Crown Prince. I'll not be stopped." With that, she brought his face close again into a heated kiss, holding his chin tightly as she gave her all. I look forward to this mouth... This man, too, of course... she thought mischievously.

Jacqueline-Noëlle

…Are you friends with Princess Marie-Claire?” This Prince before her asked, as they begun to dance. “She seems like a lovely Princess…a good person to be friends with. And you are an heir to a duchy! That seems rather exciting. How does said succession work, I wonder? Are you the heir because you are the eldest daughter and you have no brothers? Forgive my ignorance, but such knowledge concerning Vannois I have not gained yet in my studies.” He seemed to have a crisis of confidence for a moment after he spoke, but Jacqui sought to dispel that with her smile. She was not an unattractive girl, with a pretty smile and straight white teeth complementing her bright, light-blue eyes and flowing blonde hair; she was also lightly freckled across the bridge of her nose and quite well tanned, product of many summer days spent on the coast of the Malaysian Channel. She stood at a height that might end up being too tall, though, for her rather ridiculous family's tastes, and was at times clumsy in her manner of speech, though she made sure to make up for those with her bubbly personality.

"Why, yes, I am rather good friends with the Princess - my family's land holdings and her own personal holdings share the same island, in fact, so we were put together at quite the young age." Considering the rest of his questions, she continued, "It is rather exciting, yes. Each Duchy - and Grand Duchy, and Principality for that matter, though all the Kingdoms share the same succession laws - has their own rules according to succession. I benefit from laws that allow females to inherit if there is no direct male descendant of the current Duke; just as well, I am the last member of my family besides my father and mother, so there really is no other choice." Thinking for a moment, she mentioned a few other important area's laws. "As for the Empire itself, only males can inherit, so the entire throne would change in such a situation as mine; all the constituent Kingdoms are technically the same, though a few women have ruled and do continue to do so through a few very slim loopholes..."

"I would love to learn more of Ghant, though, rather than boring old Vannois!" She giggled. "Would you tell me of your home?"

Marie-Claire

Really, nobody, in the entire world?” Valerie asked, though she didn't seem precisely genuine to Claire, though she wasn't about to say anything on the subject. “…I am sure there are others who might try to compete, like the young Vannoisian lordlings who I have seen frolicking tonight. Speaking of frolicking…what about cousin Paul and your sister? They seemed awfully interested in each other…do you think your brother would allow you and your sister to both be courted by Ghantish Princes?

"Certainly there will be a few... What is this about Catherine?" Taking a moment, Claire kept a straight face outside as she reeled within. Catherine would not keep her from her prince charming, would she?... Would she? "I don't know of her intentions, but I am sure that whatever they are, they can be worked through with my brother..." Suppressing an inclination to be angry with her older sister - how dare she?! - Claire simply clenched her teeth for a moment before dissolving her expression into a smile once again.

Audric

The Emperor took in his great-grandmother's advice thoughtfully, sighing in relief at her improved countenance subsequent to his reassurances to her. He might've had trouble even sleeping tonight knowing he had disappointed the venerable woman, and instead smiled.

"Believe it or not, young Nathan already has approached me with a request to pursue little Claire's hand. I am considering the idea, though I'm of a mind to say yes now." At the woman's little joke regarding her meeting with Thibault I, Audric pulled a face, but chuckled all the same. "It is ever a pleasure to know that no matter what in the world changes, grandmother, you never will." Bidding her goodbye for now, he moved to retrieve Kailey, thankfully taking a full glass of wine from her left hand and clinking a little toast with her before returning to their previous vantage point of relatively privacy to speak of what had happened.
Known as Malay

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Paul

Princess Catherine gasped, burying her face in Paul’s neck, allowing him to kiss the side of her face. Then she returned to kiss him on the lips. He became a little more adventurous, grinding against her despite the extreme immodesty, and attempting to place a hand on her thigh underneath her gown.

Then she spoke to him. "Si le mariage a été entièrement basé sur ce ..." [If marriage was based wholly on this...] she groaned, speaking French more pronounced and kissing his face while he alternated between stroking her hair and back.

He whispered in her ear, knowing how much she liked the sound of French spoken in her ear. “Pourquoi attendre? Laissez-nous approche à la fois votre frère à la fois pour son approbation” [Why wait? Let us both approach your brother at once for his approval].

"Plutôt ... plutôt fier de votre capacité à embrasser dans notre manière, cher seigneur ..." [Rather... rather proud of your ability to kiss in our manner, dear lord...] she continued, taking a moment to draw back and catch her breath. She had pulled back then, and looked Paul in the eyes before continuing. "I-I'll be asking my brother to arrange future meetings with an eye towards betrothal." She looked down at her feet for a moment, before looking back with a striking gaze. "I don't really care, what Marie-Claire intends with your Crown Prince. I'll not be stopped." With that, Catherine brought his face close again into a heated kiss, holding his chin tightly as she gave her all.

When Paul got an opportunity to break again, he said, forehead to forehead, “Non, ma belle princesse, vous ne sera pas arête” [No, my lovely princess, you shall not be stopped]. Why should Bebe get all the glory? He wouldn’t…not this time. Claire was a girl of only 11, whereas Catherine was a woman grown of marriageable age. Paul would have his lady well before Bebe could do anything. This was Paul’s glory…Princess Catherine of Vannois. He let her know of his passion…of his hunger, with his lips, his tongue, the subtle grinding of groin on groin and the hands on her body, growing evermore bold in where they explored.

He wanted to take her straight to Audric to ask for his assent to a betrothal at once, but decided to follow Catherine’s lead. She knew the man better than Paul did, and Paul didn’t want to infringe. All he wanted to do, was share his passion for Catherine, with Catherine…

John

Jacqueline-Noëlle was a pretty girl, with a nice smile filled with straight white teeth, freckles on her nose, light-blue eyes and luscious blonde hair with a thorough tan for a girl of her complexion. Prince John gulped, composing himself as to not feel intimidated, and asked the Ducal heir if she was friends with Claire. Her answer left little doubt. "Why, yes, I am rather good friends with the Princess - my family's land holdings and her own personal holdings share the same island, in fact, so we were put together at quite the young age."

“…Does Claire, then, have lands that she rules as we speak? Eleven seems quite young to rule anything…I mean, that’s how old I am, and I don’t think I could,” John explained, interested in the conversation. “We do not give Imperial Family members such lordships, as the land is held by lords in fealty to the Emperor. They are not his, to give or to take.”

Considering the rest of his questions, she continued, "It is rather exciting, yes. Each Duchy - and Grand Duchy, and Principality for that matter, though all the Kingdoms share the same succession laws - has their own rules according to succession. I benefit from laws that allow females to inherit if there is no direct male descendant of the current Duke; just as well, I am the last member of my family besides my father and mother, so there really is no other choice…as for the Empire itself, only males can inherit, so the entire throne would change in such a situation as mine; all the constituent Kingdoms are technically the same, though a few women have ruled and do continue to do so through a few very slim loopholes..."

“The same can be said of Ghant,” John nodded thoughtfully, mindful of his steps, his hand on her back and the other clutching one of her own. “The Obsidian Throne is male only succession, but for most of the Kingdoms and Lordships, a girl can inherit if she has no brothers. This happens on occasion, most recently in the Kingdom of Izotza, where after the King died many years ago, he was succeeded by his lady cousin’s granddaughter, who was the eldest of six girls.”

Jacqueline-Noëlle seemed interested in hearing what he had to say. "I would love to learn more of Ghant, though, rather than boring old Vannois!" She giggled. "Would you tell me of your home?"

Where to begin, John thought. “Well, it like Vannois in some ways, but different in other ways too. For instance, the weather is far colder, and there are less bodies of water intersecting the country, aside from rivers. It is vast, and sparsely populated, with the south being the core of the country, and the north being wild, savage and untamed. Imagine forests that go as far as the eye can see, and frosty mountains that you cannot see the top of. Vicious beasts that you can find no where else, and wild peoples that live like primitives. That’s what the north is like…the south is like Vannois, really, with wealthy and powerful lords who live on genteel manors with their families as they make their fortunes managing family businesses and collecting taxes from the locals that reside in their lands. Most of these Ghantish Houses have lived on their lands for thousands of years, from before the time of the Kings of Ghant, who later became Emperors only in 1800.”

Tapping his chin for a moment, he also told her that, “in the summertime down south, the sky turns deep blue, and the land turns a rich green, lush and rife with the sounds of birds and animals. The water is clean and clear, and there are great castles lost in time that rest upon the shores of lakes, where young ladies just like you play the harp and violin, and hold grand tea parties for all the other noble girls. I think you would fit right in there…you certainly are pretty enough,” he blushed profusely. “…If you ever decide to visit, that is. I do not doubt that my mother would entertain such a lovely Ducal heir who is friends of the Vannoisian Imperial Family.”

Valerie

"Certainly there will be a few... What is this about Catherine?" Claire seemed surprised to find out.

“…Oh, you didn’t know?” Valerie put a hand to her mouth, pretending to be shocked that Claire was just now finding out. “Paul came to meet Catherine, and while my mother and father considered him a dark horse candidate…he seems to be doing very well for himself.” The Ghantish Princess had to restrain herself from sniggering.

Taking a moment, Claire kept a straight face. "I don't know of her intentions, but I am sure that whatever they are, they can be worked through with my brother..."

“…I don’t think your brother likes our father,” Valerie pointed out, in a hushed tone. “I am sure you know why…I would hate to see that dislike hinder any budding romance between the two of you.”
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:31 am

Aurel
“Oh, I am no highness…just a noble lady from a meager southern house. ‘My Lady’ would do. Excuse me for my correction, if it please Your Highness,” she replied, giggling. He felt rather embarrassed now, making such a stupid mistake. Back home all of his first cousins were addressed as princess and prince, but that was only due to the fact that his father was very generous to his two siblings and had entrusted them each with a kingdom within the empire. He was so used to hearing them addressed as such that he forgot that it was only due to their fathers or mothers position that it was done so. He should have known better either way.

She continued on, answering his question. ” I am enjoying myself greatly here, as this is my first time in Vannois.”

It being her first time in Vannois, he felt like it would be a good question to ask if by chance she had ever been to Azura and Montemayor before, but received a similar answer as well as a question for himself. ” I have not, Your Highness…although I hear it is a lovely country, or so it is said at court. I am afraid I am not well traveled, although I would savor the opportunity to do more of it. And what of you, my Prince? Have you ever been here to Vannois before, or to Ghant?”

“I have been to Vannois before, multiple times,” Aurel began. “As for ever traveling to Ghant, I cannot say that I have. Even without being there though I have heard that it is a wonderful place. My brother, the Crown Prince, is married to a noble Ghantish woman, Seraphina. I believe her nephew is here somewhere, Paul I believe? She has told many stories at court of her times in Ghant and what a nice place she believes it to be.” He paused. “Perhaps someday I will be able to travel there and see if her descriptions are true. Perhaps someday you could even travel to Azura and Montemayor to see if what they say about it is true also.” He paused again, debating whether or not to say anything else on the subject. He decided one more thing might be appropriate. “I for one at least know one thing Seraphina said was true, the beauty of Ghantish women is something to behold,” he said, twirling her around as she let him.

After a moment of thought he asked another question. “I hope I am not being too intrusive into your life, if that is the case please let me know. Those I have met in your family seem to be very kind. What exactly is the situation of your immediate family? I cannot imagine someone of your stature being from as meager a house as you claim.”

Daniela
Upon Daniela’s acceptance of the dance Ethan had proposed he chuckled slightly and spoke. “I thank you for your acceptance, although I must point out that I am no prince…although I wish I were! I am the third son of a great lord, so ‘My Lord’ would be sufficient. I hope you can forgive me for my correction.”

She blushed in embarrassment at the correction. “Of course, My Lord, she said in a somewhat joking manner to try and get her mind off of the mess up she had just made. “I wouldn’t want to be addressing you wrong the entire time I was with you, you might think I was some kind of bimbo.”

Ethan led her to the dance floor and the two began to dance in a careful embrace. Ethan had taken one of her hands in his and had put the other on the small of her back, all the while grinning at her with a welcoming and cheerful look on his face. He was the first to start conversation, Daniela still recovering from her mistake earlier. She was always too hard on herself when she made mistakes, she couldn’t help it. “I have come to understand that you are friends with Princess Catherine, Your Highness? I am unfamiliar with the extent of the relationship between your two Imperial Families, but from what I understand, they are quite strong…your cousin is married to a Vannoisian Prince too, if I recall correctly.”

Grateful for something to talk about, Daniela smiled. “That is true; Catherine and I are good friends. Although this is the first time I have seen her in person in quite some time. As for our two families you are right again. Our two families have very strong bonds, just like that of our two nations. We in Azura and Montemayor think of Vannois, and Axionnes, as our two most trusted allies.” She hesitated for a moment, thinking how to respond to his last statement. She knew he was speaking of Stefánia and Claude, but that wasn’t the issue. Daniela didn’t think very highly of Stefánia for reasons she only knew of. “Yes… My cousin Stefánia is married to a Vannosian Prince named Claude. They have a child as well. It is yet one more thing that strengthens the ties between our families.

They danced for a moment before Daniela asked her own question. “And what of you? You are the third son of a great lord in Ghant, what is the chance it would be you who inherits your father’s holdings? I apologize, for I am not very well educated in the succession in Ghant.”
Last edited by Azura and Montemayor on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lacus Magni » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:50 am

Constantine

During his converstion with Leo, Constantine occasionally looked around the hall. Noticing a great many things, from his cousin attempting to flirt with Maria, the Vannoian princesses mingling with most of the Ghantish visitors and even the Dowager Empress Teresa talking to the Emperor about who knows what.

Eventually, his eye caught the Princess Sara of Ghant; he was always fond of the way she carried herself since she and her family visited Castellum a few years ago. “Who are you looking at?” Leo asked him, pulling his eyes away from his new book for a moment. “Are you looking at Sara?” he asked again. “Or Val?”

“What?” Constantine simply questioned. “No, I was…uh just looking around the ballroom is all. You know with Justin trying to flirt with Maria and all.”

“It’s alright if you were looking at one of them. Just go ask one to dance, its not a big deal or anything,” Leo told him. “Wait, isn’t Justin your cousin?”

“His mother is half-cousins with my father, so there is some relation between us,” Constantine simply stated.

“Oh, doesn’t make it less weird,” Leo laughed. “But come on, you’ve been looking over their way periodically.”

“I think they’d really like to dance with you, Constantine,” Diana approached the two boys.

Still nervous of his subpar dancing abilities, Constantine internally debated whether or not he would ask one of the two Princesses to dance, and if he did, which would he ask. No matter, something will present itself once we are over by their group. My, there are certainly a lot of Ghantish nobles at this ball, he thought.

As he neared the group with his two cousins, Valerie seemed to be occupied by speaking with a Vannoian princess. Phew, now I should just ask Sara I suppose and then it will be much easier…so long as I don’t stumble on her feet. Just say, ‘Excuse me Princess would you like to dance.’ It shouldn’t be terribly difficult, he thought.

“Excuse me for intruding, Your Highnesses,” Constantine spoke up at a moment he deemed it was not rude to do so. “Princess Sara, if you are currently free I was curious if you were interested in sharing a dance with me?” he turned to Sara and simply asked.

Maria

"How was your dance with the Emperor," Justin asked Maria. "It looked like you were certainly enjoying yourself out there."

"Oh, were you spying on me? Jealous perhaps," Maria teased him. She had never been oblivious that he had been overly flirtatious with her as they grew older, though she never thought it anything more than him being just a silly boy.

"No, no, no, I wasn't spying," he assured her followed by finished his drink. "...just making sure he wasn't going to take advantage of you. I think everyone is aware of how he acts around beautiful women."

"I...I uh, think I'm aware more than most," Maria shrugged him off as casually as she could.

"I don't mean any disrespect, only that..." he started before Maria cut him off again.

"He's kind, Justin," she reminded him after she emptied her glass. I just really want to go home. Get out of here and just be at home. The Princess did her best to keep her composure. She still felt embarrassed and all she wanted to do was go home and be alone for a moment; both of which seemed eons off from happening in her mind. "Another, please," she slurred the words out to the bartender.
Admin and Member of Ajax (Discord)
Active Projects
Latium (Map) | Sydalon (Map) | Gelonia (Map) | Vardana (Map)

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Bella

“I have been to Vannois before, multiple times,” Aurel began. “As for ever traveling to Ghant, I cannot say that I have. Even without being there though I have heard that it is a wonderful place. My brother, the Crown Prince, is married to a noble Ghantish woman, Seraphina. I believe her nephew is here somewhere, Paul I believe? She has told many stories at court of her times in Ghant and what a nice place she believes it to be.”

“Princess Seraphina is a good woman and true, as proper a Princess of Ghant as there could be,” Bella pointed out as they continued to do dance. “Did you know that she was once the Emperor of Ghant’s cupbearer? She has spent many years at court, and was a welcome sight. She was good friends with my cousin Arietta as well, and the two often went on my adventures together. Whenever Arietta was summoned to a foreign court to be considered, since she was the Emperor’s sister, Seraphina would always go with her. They never paid her much mind…she usually stayed trapped within Arietta’s shadow, which can grow quite large. But your cousin…he noticed her, and didn’t let her go. He is a smart man,” she blushed.

Aurel continued to speak. “Perhaps someday I will be able to travel there and see if her descriptions are true. Perhaps someday you could even travel to Azura and Montemayor to see if what they say about it is true also.” He paused again, thinking of what he wanted to say, Bella guessed. “I for one at least know one thing Seraphina said was true, the beauty of Ghantish women is something to behold,” he told her, twirling her around as she let him.

Bella blushed a shade of red that matched her hair, and gave a shy smile. “You are very kind to say, my Prince. You flatter me with such a compliment. I should like it greatly if you were to come visit Ghant, or if I were to visit Azura and Montemayor. I can think of few things that would please me more than to see such a lovely country as yours, or to show mine to a prince as noble as thee.”

The Azuran prince spoke again, after a pause. “I hope I am not being too intrusive into your life, if that is the case please let me know. Those I have met in your family seem to be very kind. What exactly is the situation of your immediate family? I cannot imagine someone of your stature being from as meager a house as you claim.”

“You shouldn’t feel so surprised. My father is but a Lord in Gotorleku, and my mother the third daughter of yet another lord in Gotorleku. Ours is not a house as ancient and powerful as others, and it is only because my mother’s oldest sister married the Emperor’s father that we are even anything noteworthy. They are kind though, as you say, and thank you for that. I have three brothers and a sister, and my parents are very happy together, living comfortably and quietly. We only aspire to make good on our lot in life, and to take things as they come,” she smiled.

Ethan

When Ethan Hyla pointed out that he was no prince, just a lord, Daniela blushed as though she was embarrassed by the gaffe. “Of course, My Lord,” she said lightly, causing Ethan to smile. “I wouldn’t want to be addressing you wrong the entire time I was with you, you might think I was some kind of bimbo.”

“Hardly,” Ethan sniggered. “A Princess of Azura and Montemayor a bimbo? If I ever thought that, which I could never, my mother would have me whipped!” he laughed riotously as he danced with her confidently. “Just kidding…it wouldn’t come to all that, but I tend to think of people how they behave around me. And you behave like a true princess if I ever saw one.”

When he asked her about her relationship with Catherine and Stefánia, Daniela seemed candid, smiling even. “That is true; Catherine and I are good friends. Although this is the first time I have seen her in person in quite some time. As for our two families you are right again. Our two families have very strong bonds, just like that of our two nations. We in Azura and Montemayor think of Vannois, and Axionnes, as our two most trusted allies.” She hesitated before continuing. “Yes… My cousin Stefánia is married to a Vannosian Prince named Claude. They have a child as well. It is yet one more thing that strengthens the ties between our families.”

Ethan nodded, suspecting that her shortness in talking about Stefánia wasn’t something he should press upon. “So, are you involved in the courtship process for Catherine at all? Often, the close friends of potential brides are good at providing second opinions of potential suitors. Do you envision yourself having such a role?”

Daniela had a question of her own for him. “And what of you? You are the third son of a great lord in Ghant, what is the chance it would be you who inherits your father’s holdings? I apologize, for I am not very well educated in the succession in Ghant.”

“…Not good,” Ethan shook his head. “For I come after my older brothers and their children. Such is how it is among the nobility in Ghant, where a lord is succeeded by his eldest son, or his eldest daughter if he has no sons. So I am pretty low on the foodchain. But that’s ok, there is still plenty of things I can do with me life, and I don’t have to worry about much,” he smiled. “In fact, I think it is good that I am so far down. More freedom that way to live my life the way I want to.”

Sara

While the Princess Imperial was conversing with the Vannoisian girls, she noticed someone looking at her, which caused her to blush. It was Prince Constantine of Latinum, Jason’s eldest son (and whom she didn’t doubt would be his heir when the time came to declare one). She was always fond of the way he carried himself, remembering him from the time she had last visited Castellum with her family.

She was far too bashful to express her appreciation for Constantine, so she let it be a silent admiration. Her half-brother Leo was talking to him as well, no doubt egging him on to ask her to dance. She braced herself, anticipating such an event coming to fruition. Sure enough, Constantine made his way, and she waited, pretending not to notice, not wanting to give herself away.

“Excuse me for intruding, Your Highnesses,” Constantine said at an opportune time. “Princess Sara, if you are currently free I was curious if you were interested in sharing a dance with me?” he asked her.

Sara was quick. She curtsied, straight back and frills of her dress stretched out with an elegant incline of her head. “Prince Constantine, a pleasure to see you here. I would be honored to dance.” Sara extended her arm to him, so that he might take it and lead her out to the floor for a dance.

Teresa

Well…that was easier than I thought it would be. Teresa knew that Audric was stubborn and conservative, but he wasn’t unreasonable and was always willing to give people opportunities. He was right about Dominique…nobody else except Dominique could do anything to restore the honor of Dominique, and simply put, Dominique didn’t seem to give a shit about that. So long as she has her beau, her bottles and her bud, she will live a long, happy life. Maybe that was all that really mattered…

As the Dowager Empress walked across the edge of the floor, moving her walker methodically in front of her like some decrypted caterpillar, she saw someone who she thought was interesting. In fact, by the time she got there where she was heading, she caught the tail end of a juicy conversation.

"I don't mean any disrespect, only that..." a young man said, before being cut off by the young woman that caught Teresa’s eye.

"He's kind, Justin," the girl told the boy, sulking in apparent misery. "Another, please," she slurred the words out to the bartender.

Teresa, like a caterpillar crawling along the stem of a plant, made her way to the bar, and then very carefully, climbed atop the seat next to the girl. “One for me, too,” Teresa said to the bartender, before turning to face the girl. Up close, she could make out who she was through her bad eyes. “…Maria, Princess of Youth, eldest daughter of Jason Augustus. Such a silly title…Princess of Youth…but it fits, as you are youthful, pretty little thing you are. As for me, well, they should call me the Princess of Elderly. That has a nice ring to it.”

Looking at Maria and the boy, she inclined her head. “…Ah, you must be one of those lesser Latin Princelings. Well met.” Turning back to Maria, she asked, “is this boy bothering you? Silly boys, just like bees, always flying around sweet honey. But don't worry...I can make him go away!” Then she turned back to him, and said gracefully and with a gummy smile, “now if you would excuse us, it is girl time.” Teresa began to wave her hand at the boy. “Shoo, go on now. Get.”
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:29 am

Aurel
“Princess Seraphina is a good woman and true, as proper a Princess of Ghant as there could be,” Bella pointed out as they continued to do dance. “Did you know that she was once the Emperor of Ghant’s cupbearer? She has spent many years at court, and was a welcome sight. She was good friends with my cousin Arietta as well, and the two often went on my adventures together. Whenever Arietta was summoned to a foreign court to be considered, since she was the Emperor’s sister, Seraphina would always go with her. They never paid her much mind…she usually stayed trapped within Arietta’s shadow, which can grow quite large. But your cousin…he noticed her, and didn’t let her go. He is a smart man,” she said, blushing.

“She has spoken of Arietta before, as well as being the Emperor’s cupbearer, but she hasn’t gone into too much detail when it comes to things like that, at least she hadn’t when I had been around. And yes, my brother is a very smart man. He seems to make a lot of good choices, marrying Seraphina only being one of them,” Aurel said. He admired Augustín greatly, much more so than his other brother, Janko. Aurel continued, “Perhaps someday I will be able to travel there and see if her descriptions are true. Perhaps someday you could even travel to Azura and Montemayor to see if what they say about it is true also.” He paused. “I for one at least know one thing Seraphina said was true, the beauty of Ghantish women is something to behold.”

Bella blushed a shade of red that matched her hair, and gave a shy smile. “You are very kind to say, my Prince. You flatter me with such a compliment. I should like it greatly if you were to come visit Ghant, or if I were to visit Azura and Montemayor. I can think of few things that would please me more than to see such a lovely country as yours, or to show mine to a prince as noble as thee.”

Aurel nodded, “We will have to keep in touch after we part ways, I would enjoy showing you my country like you would show me yours. I don’t intend to forget about this conversation.” Once again after pausing he asked her about her family and her status, to which he received a satisfying response.

“You shouldn’t feel so surprised. My father is but a Lord in Gotorleku, and my mother the third daughter of yet another lord in Gotorleku. Ours is not a house as ancient and powerful as others, and it is only because my mother’s oldest sister married the Emperor’s father that we are even anything noteworthy. They are kind though, as you say, and thank you for that. I have three brothers and a sister, and my parents are very happy together, living comfortably and quietly. We only aspire to make good on our lot in life, and to take things as they come,” she said, smiling as she finished speaking.

“There is certainly nothing wrong with that,” he began. “There are times I wish I could just escape from the life at court. Thankfully I am able to spend a long part of the year at school, but even then I’m in the same city as the palace, and school isn’t exactly the best place to go when you want some peace and quiet. My father has given me a holding in western Azura and Montemayor, but rarely do I ever get to go. I plan to fly there after I leave Vannois to spend a few weeks before I have to return to Tiran at the end of the summer,” he said, sighing. “What is your schooling like in Ghant? Some of my cousins are studying abroad but none are in Ghant as far as I’m aware.”

Daniela

“So, are you involved in the courtship process for Catherine at all? Often, the close friends of potential brides are good at providing second opinions of potential suitors. Do you envision yourself having such a role?” Ethan asked.

Daniela was still blushing from what he had said moments before, in which he called her a “true princess if he ever saw one.” She had not ever thought about who Catherine might marry, or if her opinion would be asked. “At the moment I have had no part in her courtship. Although, if she asks me for an opinion, I will do my best to give her an honest review of the man she hopes to marry. As far as I know she still hasn’t decided, but with so many potential suitors here you never know what might happen.” She paused. “It might not even be Catherine who finds someone at this ball, it could be anybody,” Daniela said, looking up at Ethan who stood slightly taller than her. “And what of you? You are the third son of a great lord in Ghant, what is the chance it would be you who inherits your father’s holdings? I apologize, for I am not very well educated in the succession in Ghant.”

” …Not good. For I come after my older brothers and their children. Such is how it is among the nobility in Ghant, where a lord is succeeded by his eldest son, or his eldest daughter if he has no sons. So I am pretty low on the foodchain. But that’s ok, there is still plenty of things I can do with my life, and I don’t have to worry about much. In fact, I think it is good that I am so far down. More freedom that way to live my life the way I want to.”

“Very true. I for one take solace in the fact that I’m not in the spotlight often back home. I couldn’t imagine getting the attention that Aurel and his siblings get. It helps that I’m forth in line for my father’s titles, and that’s only if my brother or older sister don’t have any more children, which I doubt considering my brother hasn’t even had his first child yet.”

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Catherine

Catherine stepped back, only enough to look up into Paul's face, smirking at him. Her face was red, and she was breathing heavier than normal, and her hair and dress were a little... out of order, to say the least.

"Lets fix ourselves up... Then we can go to my brother." Running a hand through her hair to straighten it up, she moved a few feet down the hall to a large mirror, adjusting her dress and calming herself. "It's too bad we didn't have our fun in front of this thing... see everything and all..." She winked at Paul, making a few more adjustments to her dress, which had ridden up considerably, before stepping back and letting out a breath. "Ready when you are."

Jacqueline-Noëlle

…Does Claire, then, have lands that she rules as we speak? Eleven seems quite young to rule anything…I mean, that’s how old I am, and I don’t think I could,” John explained, interested in the conversation. “We do not give Imperial Family members such lordships, as the land is held by lords in fealty to the Emperor. They are not his, to give or to take.

"Technically, she does, yes. Her brother controls them through proxy, however, and they are under control of various trusted advisers as far as I know." Considering his latter statement, she nodded. "The duchies and lands held by members of the royal family are usually created or historically owned by House Niort-Parthenay, and usually do not count amongst the actual constituent territories of Vannois." Thinking for a moment, she continued. "The Imperial Family can only take a lordship, as well, when the vote of the constituent territories supports him, or there are other extenuating circumstances warranting a removal from power."

She listened, interested, as John described his homeland, eyes sparkling. She smiled as he tapped his chin, thinking of what else to say. He really is rather cute... she thought, as he began to speak. “In the summertime down south, the sky turns deep blue, and the land turns a rich green, lush and rife with the sounds of birds and animals. The water is clean and clear, and there are great castles lost in time that rest upon the shores of lakes, where young ladies just like you play the harp and violin, and hold grand tea parties for all the other noble girls. I think you would fit right in there…you certainly are pretty enough,” he blushed then, utterly adorable in the opinion of Jacqueline. “…If you ever decide to visit, that is. I do not doubt that my mother would entertain such a lovely Ducal heir who is friends of the Vannoisian Imperial Family.

"I'm really quite flattered, John- if I can call you John. Ghant sounds truly wonderful; I would count myself lucky to ever visit... Especially with the objective being to visit you, of course." Blushing prettily, her wide smile saw a touch of tongue poking through her teeth, a sure fire way for her to endear herself to many a Vannoisian. She'd quite like to see if it would work on a through and through foreigner.

Claire

Claire was rather surprised by her elder sister's apparent affection for this Ghantish prince, but dismissed it. Nathan was a Crown Prince, and with the Emperor's treatment of her brother he might just be the only eligible Ghantish man by the end of the night for any Niort-Parthenay, let alone this Paul.

…I don’t think your brother likes our father,” Valerie pointed out, quiet. “I am sure you know why…I would hate to see that dislike hinder any budding romance between the two of you.

"I- well, to be fair, I don't think he does either, though maybe we oughtn't get into that." Claire smiled demurely, outwardly dismissing the idea once again. "My brother will act in the best interests of myself and of our country; I can't be too worried about that, of course. He does do this for a living!"
Known as Malay

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Constantine

“Prince Constantine, a pleasure to see you here. I would be honored to dance,” Princess Sara responded with a curtsey at his offer to dance.

Constantine took her arm as she extended it towards him and led her to the dance floor where they began. “Bear with me for a moment, I wouldn’t consider myself to be the most graceful on the dance floor. But it’s very nice to see you again, Princess,” he told her with a rare smile. “I wasn’t aware so many of your siblings and other relatives were going to be in attendance. It’s always impressive the way the Ghantar make their entrances.”

Throughout the night, and even at similar events in the past that Constantine had attended, he always noticed how many other young princes acted around princesses. That they often seemed to feign interest in order to artificially woo the girl. That simply wasn’t how the Latin Prince went about things; even at this age, he was far more straightforward in his speech and not making himself appear to be someone he wasn’t, even if it was embarrassing, which at times wasn’t helpful for his anxiety.

Maria

The Princess continued talking to her cousin, Justin for a little while longer, becoming more and more inebriated as the minutes passed. But Maria paid little attention to the elderly, frail woman inch up to the bar as she threw back yet another drink.

“…Maria, Princess of Youth, eldest daughter of Jason Augustus. Such a silly title…Princess of Youth…but it fits, as you are youthful, pretty little thing you are. As for me, well, they should call me the Princess of Elderly. That has a nice ring to it.”, Dowager Empress Teresa approached Maria and Justin. “…Ah, you must be one of those lesser Latin Princelings. Well met,” she brushed off Justin.

“Do you have any idea who my mother is?” the young Lord attempted to stand his ground. “I was simply speaking my cousin…” Justin carried on, Maria laughing at his attempt to seem important and fail.

”… now if you would excuse us, it is girl time. Shoo, go on now. Get,” Teresa shooed Justin away, causing the boy to scammer away to seek a partner to dance with.

“You didn’t need to do that,” Maria told Teresa in slurred speech, with a drink in her hand. “He’s just harmless boy, more so than the rest,” the Princess leaned forward onto the bar. She examined the drink in her hand, seemingly debating whether or not she should finish it and get another.
Active Projects

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Bella

Of Seraphina, Aurel told Bella that, “She has spoken of Arietta before, as well as being the Emperor’s cupbearer, but she hasn’t gone into too much detail when it comes to things like that, at least she hadn’t when I had been around. And yes, my brother is a very smart man. He seems to make a lot of good choices, marrying Seraphina only being one of them,” Aurel said.

“Are your other brother and sister as intelligent?” Bella asked benignly. “Surely such fine qualities must run in the family.”

Aurel nodded, “We will have to keep in touch after we part ways, I would enjoy showing you my country like you would show me yours. I don’t intend to forget about this conversation.”

“That is kind of you to say, my Prince, that you are not likely to forget a conversation with a noblelady such as myself,” Bella blushed.

When she told him about her home and her family, Aurel seemed satisfied with what she had to say. “There is certainly nothing wrong with that,” he began. “There are times I wish I could just escape from the life at court. Thankfully I am able to spend a long part of the year at school, but even then I’m in the same city as the palace, and school isn’t exactly the best place to go when you want some peace and quiet. My father has given me a holding in western Azura and Montemayor, but rarely do I ever get to go. I plan to fly there after I leave Vannois to spend a few weeks before I have to return to Tiran at the end of the summer,” he said, sighing. “What is your schooling like in Ghant? Some of my cousins are studying abroad but none are in Ghant as far as I’m aware.”

“…Depends on who you are, and what part you are from. There is no national policy on the state of education aside from it being available to all children under the age of eighteen, and then secondary education is a good provided for by the state as well. Nothing beats a free university education! There are however private schools for children, as well as private colleges and universities…for those that can afford it. Many highborns go to such schools, and there are also tutors, like the ones at court. My brothers and sister went to private school, while my Imperial cousins have tutors at the palace. What everyone does come eighteen is usually up to them. I attend a ladies school presently, where I can continue to attend a ladies college after that,” Bella explained. “You have ladies schools in Azura and Montemayor, don’t you?”

Ethan

“At the moment I have had no part in her courtship. Although, if she asks me for an opinion, I will do my best to give her an honest review of the man she hopes to marry. As far as I know she still hasn’t decided, but with so many potential suitors here you never know what might happen.” She paused. “It might not even be Catherine who finds someone at this ball, it could be anybody.”

“And have you given much thought to your own prospects,” Ethan wondered, not really getting at anything other than his own curiosity. “Feel free not to answer if you find the inquiry too intrusive. I only wonder, because a Princess of your qualities and station is no doubt already being considered by the great princelings of the world.”

She seemed able to relate when it came to not wanting to be in the spotlight. “Very true. I for one take solace in the fact that I’m not in the spotlight often back home. I couldn’t imagine getting the attention that Aurel and his siblings get. It helps that I’m forth in line for my father’s titles, and that’s only if my brother or older sister don’t have any more children, which I doubt considering my brother hasn’t even had his first child yet.”

“…And that means plenty of room for you to go about doing whatever it is that you please,” he grinned, finding dancing with her to be quite easy.

Paul

Catherine stepped back from Paul, but fortunately for him, only enough that she could look up at his face, giving him a smirk. Her face was flushed red and breathing hard, her hair disheveled and her dress untidy. He wasn’t in much better shape either, finding himself nearly as flush, his face feeling hot, sweating with goosprickles and his suit a bit out of order. None of that mattered though, in comparison to the elation that he felt with Catherine. It caused him to smile. For while she may have stepped back, but he could still feel the smoothness of her skin upon his fingertips.

"Lets fix ourselves up... Then we can go to my brother," she told him.

“Of course, ma princesse.” Paul watched as she ran a hand through her light brown hair to get it back the way she wanted it, as she moved down the hall towards a large mirror, where she adjusted her dress and gathered herself. "It's too bad we didn't have our fun in front of this thing... see everything and all..." She winked at Paul, making a few more adjustments to her dress, which had ridden up considerably, before stepping back and letting out a breath. "Ready when you are."

“Aye, that is too bad,” he agreed as he fixed himself up, readjusting his suit and making sure his hair didn’t look a mess. He wasn’t about to let the moment in front of the mirror go unwasted. Grinning, Paul walked up behind her, and caressed her arms with each of his hands, while tracing the fine hairs on the back of her neck with his lips. “ce miroir sera ici, à nous attendre, ma princesse” [this mirror will be right here, waiting for us, my princess]. Paul finished by kissing the back of her neck, and taking her hand. “I am ready. Let us go.”

John

"Technically, she does, yes, Jacqueline said of her friend, Princess Claire. “Her brother controls them through proxy, however, and they are under control of various trusted advisers as far as I know."[/o] Considering his latter statement, she nodded. "The duchies and lands held by members of the royal family are usually created or historically owned by House Niort-Parthenay, and usually do not count amongst the actual constituent territories of Vannois." Thinking for a moment, she continued. "The Imperial Family can only take a lordship, as well, when the vote of the constituent territories supports him, or there are other extenuating circumstances warranting a removal from power."

“So how did your family get yours then?” John wondered. “Is your father from a house that has held its lands in fealty to Claricot?” A stupid question perhaps, but one he wanted to ask all the same.

After he told her of Ghant, she seemed pleased. "I'm really quite flattered, John- if I can call you John.”

“You may, if I could call you Jacqueline,” he smiled. He had a sister with the same name, but figured it wouldn’t be kosher to bring her up.

Ghant sounds truly wonderful; I would count myself lucky to ever visit... Especially with the objective being to visit you, of course." While she blushed prettily, a bit of her tongue poked through her white smile, which John thought was quite odd, but didn’t say anything of it.

“Visit me?” John did seem surprised by that admission. “I am quite unremarkable, only a second son with a keen interest in gaining knowledge and acquiring wisdom. Usually girls that want to visit court want to see my brother, not me!” he chuckled. Maybe she is being serious. Girls didn’t seem all that interested in John, based upon his experience. If Jacqueline was…he wasn’t quite sure how he would deal with that. She was ideal though, in more ways than one…

Valerie

"I- well, to be fair, I don't think he does either, though maybe we oughtn't get into that." Claire smiled demurely, outwardly dismissing the idea once again. "My brother will act in the best interests of myself and of our country; I can't be too worried about that, of course. He does do this for a living!"

“…And what do you do for a living?” Valerie probed, before pointing her finger at John. “And look…my other brother seems to have netted a Vannoisian girl too. I wonder if you and Jacqueline could serve as a sort of package deal,” she laughed. “John’s pretty naïve though, and shy around girls. I don’t think he knows what to do with them! Nathan does though…he’s not like father, but he knows what to do all the same.”

Then she crossed her arms, and looked at Sara. “Constantine of Latinum dances with Sara too! All of these pairings can make a girl’s head spin, let me tell you. Constantine is like John too, with his books and being all smart. That’s what I like about you, Claire. You like warriors, like my brother Nate. John is the kind of boy that reads books about the kind of by Nate is,” she giggled.

Sara

Constantine took the Princess Imperial’s arm and led her to the floor. “Bear with me for a moment, I wouldn’t consider myself to be the most graceful on the dance floor. But it’s very nice to see you again, Princess,” he told her with a smile. “I wasn’t aware so many of your siblings and other relatives were going to be in attendance. It’s always impressive the way the Ghantar make their entrances.”

“Why thank you, your Highness,” Sara commented. “It is good to see you again as well. Yes, we are quite well attended at these types of events.” Wouldn’t be a proper highborn party with at least one of us present, was something her sister Valerie would say, modesty aside.

As they took to dancing, Sara looked around. “I am assuming you have noticed my brother Nathan take an interest in Princess Marie-Claire? That could be good for him.”

Teresa

“Do you have any idea who my mother is?” the young Lord attempted to stand his ground. “I was simply speaking my cousin…” Justin carried on, Maria laughing at his attempt to seem important and fail.

That made Teresa grin. "No...but I know who your father is, little Lord. All the same, let me take a guess. Your mother…hmm…she’s probably someone who wouldn’t appreciate being told by the Emperor of Vannois that her son was harassing his great-grandmother at his private function?”

The boy scammered away all the same after Teresa shooed him off. “You didn’t need to do that,” Maria told Teresa in slurred speech, with a drink in her hand. “He’s just a harmless boy, more so than the rest,” the Princess leaned forward onto the bar.

“I don’t need to do a lot of things, yet I do them all the same,” Teresa chuckled. “Your great-grandfather, Emperor Leo, back when he was just a glorified bodyguard, didn’t need to do many things either. Yet he was bold, and did them all the same. Worked out pretty good for him during that Social War. I remember the whole thing, you know, from the day it began to the day it ended. Started when I was…twenty-five, ended when I was thirty-five. If there is one thing I could tell you about it, it’s that it wasn’t very social.”

Teresa got her drink, and sipped it, like a hummingbird sips nectar from a flower. “People do the things they do because either it feels right at the time, or because it is out of habit. Sometimes both. Do you disagree, Maria of Latinum?”
Last edited by Ghant on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Aurel

“…Depends on who you are, and what part you are from. There is no national policy on the state of education aside from it being available to all children under the age of eighteen, and then secondary education is a good provided for by the state as well. Nothing beats a free university education! There are however private schools for children, as well as private colleges and universities…for those that can afford it. Many highborns go to such schools, and there are also tutors, like the ones at court. My brothers and sister went to private school, while my Imperial cousins have tutors at the palace. What everyone does come eighteen is usually up to them. I attend a ladies school presently, where I can continue to attend a ladies college after that,” Bella explained. “You have ladies schools in Azura and Montemayor, don’t you?”

“Yes, we do,” Aurel said. “Although I cannot say I know any by name. All of my siblings, as well as I, have gone to a private school for our primary education. I don’t yet know what university I will be going to yet… Unfortunately in Azura and Montemayor there is no free secondary education, there is no way the government we have would put in place the measures to make that a possibility, they are very… anti-tax. It is very rare that there is ever a tax increase, and without that I don’t see how it would be able to be paid for. Not that I would want a tax increase or anything, I have no problem with the current system that’s in place.”

There was a moment of silence between the two before the music they were dancing to stopped. Aurel released Bella’s hand, stepped back, and did a slight bow. “I plan to keep in touch,” he said before the two said their goodbyes and headed separate ways. Deciding to not go find Daniela again, he instead headed towards the bar. The glass or two of wine he had drunk earlier hadn’t done anything to him, or at least he didn’t feel like they had. Sitting down in a chair facing the bar’s counter he waited for the bartender, who approached him quickly. “Whiskey on the rocks,” he said, yawning after doing so. It had been a long day, and it wasn’t over yet.

Daniela

“And have you given much thought to your own prospects?” Ethan asked, adding, “Feel free not to answer if you find the inquiry too intrusive. I only wonder, because a Princess of your qualities and station is no doubt already being considered by the great princelings of the world.”

Daniela thought for a moment. The truth was she hadn’t given too much thought on the matter. She figured that once she found the right person she would get married, and it just so happened she hadn’t found that person yet. “I have yet to find someone,” she began. “Waiting for the right person seems to take quite a while, at least for me it does. Once I find that person though I have every intention to spend the rest of my life with them.”

As she finished her sentence the music stopped, signifying the end of the dance. Ethan released her, offering a goodbye, to which she did the same. They parted ways and Daniela was left alone. She walked back to the table she and Aurel had occupied earlier. He wasn’t there, which didn’t surprise her. Who knew what he would be doing now? She sat down and picked up her purse which she took a cell phone out of. There were three missed calls from her mother, calls which she knew she would have to respond to sooner or later. She chose sooner.

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Constantine

"I am assuming you have noticed my brother Nathan take an interest in Princess Marie-Claire? That could be good for him," Sara said to him as the two began to dance.

"I have, he seems to be right at home in the company of most though...like a showman, if you will,” the Latin Prince spoke briefly on the Ghantish Crown Prince. Constantine often got into the habit of stating things as he saw them, sometimes not paying attention to how rude it may seem to the individual he was speaking with. "

"Your brother John seems to be having a good time too. Leo on the other hand not so much though. It’s a good thing I found that book for him," Constantine told her with a slight laugh towards the end. “How are you enjoying yourself so far tonight?” She looks very pretty. Should I tell her that? He was nervous and not entirely sure why but he knew that it was probably obvious for Sara or any onlooker to figure that out.

Maria

"I don’t need to do a lot of things, yet I do them all the same. Your great-grandfather, Emperor Leo, back when he was just a glorified bodyguard, didn’t need to do many things either. Yet he was bold, and did them all the same. Worked out pretty good for him during that Social War. I remember the whole thing, you know, from the day it began to the day it ended. Started when I was…twenty-five, ended when I was thirty-five. If there is one thing I could tell you about it, it’s that it wasn’t very social," Teresa chuckled. "People do the things they do because either it feels right at the time, or because it is out of habit. Sometimes both. Do you disagree, Maria of Latium?"

"If he didn’t do anything he would have died. Doesn’t seem like he had much of choice at all," Maria shrugged, staring at the drink resting in her hand. She turned around from facing the bar and leaned her back against it now.

"But what about people who do things because they have to...or think they have to or even want to?" she then asked. "Sometimes things feel right and then they just turn around in an instant. I'm probably not making any sense, I've had a few of these," she shook her glass slightly.
Active Projects

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Sara

"I have, he seems to be right at home in the company of most though...like a showman, if you will,” the Latin Prince spoke briefly on the Ghantish Crown Prince.

“…Do you not think it is genuine?” Sara asked him curiously. “Although…everyone behaves differently around different people wouldn’t you say? Such is the way of expectations. I doubt you behave the same way around your friends that you behave around your father or step-mother. I know I don’t, loathe as I might be to admit.”

Sara wondered then, and addressed something else that was on her mind. “Like my sister Blanche. I saw you dance with her earlier. Did you enjoy it? She is lovely, my younger sister, and I could hardly ask for a better one. But would you put on a show for her, treat her differently than how you might feel? The nature of her birth and parentage is not lost upon me, and I know how certain countries feel about her.”

On a different note, Constantine commented on her brothers. "Your brother John seems to be having a good time too. Leo on the other hand not so much though. It’s a good thing I found that book for him," Constantine told her with a slight laugh towards the end.

“…Forgive me for saying that I know nothing of this book you speak of,” Sara replied as she contemplated her brothers. “John and Leo are similar, yet quite different at the same time. Both are insular…introspective boys. While John is passive and serene, Leo is…brooding and intense. Both are very intelligent though, and well mannered. But I worry about them both, as sisters often do where their younger brothers are concerned. I am sure that Maria does the same for you.”

“How are you enjoying yourself so far tonight?” he asked her at one point.

“Quite. I very much enjoy the opportunity to travel and attend a ball of this sort, to make new acquaintances and friends should fortune favor it,” she replied cheerfully. “And yourself?” Sara wasn’t the sort to break composure or to allow her private thoughts to surface, but she did favor Prince Constantine, finding him most agreeable to her tastes as far as young princelings were concerned…

Teresa

"If he didn’t do anything he would have died. Doesn’t seem like he had much of choice at all," Maria shrugged, staring at the drink resting in her hand. She turned around from facing the bar and leaned her back against it now.

“Yet it was a choice all the same. Choosing between death and duty,” Teresa replied as she mimicked Maria, drink in hand and leaning her frail back against the bar. “When I was your age, many men faced a similar choice. Many chose death rather than serving my grandfather the Mad Emperor. I might have been locked in a tower in the Castle of Seven Towers, but I saw it all the same from my chambers.”

"But what about people who do things because they have to...or think they have to or even want to?" she then asked. "Sometimes things feel right and then they just turn around in an instant. I'm probably not making any sense, I've had a few of these," she shook her glass slightly.

“No…I understand,” Teresa said as she put a hand on Maria’s shoulder. “People do the things they do because something motivates them…some feeling. Could be love, or fear, or hate, or duty, or anything a person can feel, really. That’s the thing about feelings dear, they are fleeting. Like birds, they fly in and they fly out. Sure, something can feel right at the time, and then it might not. In the process, mistakes can be made.”

Teresa took a sip of her wine, and thought about what she wanted to say and how she wanted to say it. “Everyone makes mistakes, dear. But that’s ok, since as long as you learn from it, and let it make you a better person, then it was worthwhile in the end.”
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Constantine

“…Do you not think it is genuine?” Sara asked him curiously. “Although…everyone behaves differently around different people wouldn’t you say? Such is the way of expectations. I doubt you behave the same way around your friends that you behave around your father or step-mother. I know I don’t, loathe as I might be to admit.”

“Like my sister Blanche. I saw you dance with her earlier. Did you enjoy it? She is lovely, my younger sister, and I could hardly ask for a better one. But would you put on a show for her, treat her differently than how you might feel? The nature of her birth and parentage is not lost upon me, and I know how certain countries feel about her.”

“I wouldn’t say that he’s not genuine. I have no way to know what his intentions would be, though I doubt they are sinister,” Constantine corrected himself, but didn’t address her next point because he was unsure of how to even reply. “I did. Your sister is a very nice girl,” he smiled. “I treated her as I would have anyone else. She and I briefly talked of those circumstances…it’s cruel from my point of view.”

“…Forgive me for saying that I know nothing of this book you speak of,” Sara replied as she contemplated her brothers.

“Oh, I found great-grandfather’s memoirs tucked away between pages of a book in the library at Ravenna. I brought it for Leo as a gift,” Constantine nodded. “He was an odd writer, changes languages on a whim, a lot of incomplete thoughts and phrases.” After explaining the book, Constantine asked how she was enjoying herself.

“Quite. I very much enjoy the opportunity to travel and attend a ball of this sort, to make new acquaintances and friends should fortune favor it. And yourself? she replied cheerfully.

“I’m having more fun than I expected,” he smiled in reply. “Also very pleased that I ran into you here. I would have liked to see you at the wedding, but things were busy and I had to make sure my brother didn’t become to out of hand.”

Maria

Maria continued to chat with Dowager Teresa at the bar. “No…I understand. People do the things they do because something motivates them…some feeling. Could be love, or fear, or hate, or duty, or anything a person can feel, really. That’s the thing about feelings dear, they are fleeting. Like birds, they fly in and they fly out. Sure, something can feel right at the time, and then it might not. In the process, mistakes can be made,” Teresa said as she put a hand on Maria’s shoulder.

Maria looked at Teresa’s hand, and then past it down the bar, catching sight of a boy just ordering a drink. “I almost did something tonight…I thought it was something I wanted. To be honest, I still don’t know if I would have regretted it or not. Maybe it was just one of those fleeting feelings,” she shrugged, looking down the bar again. “That’s a cute boy,” she stated looking at the Azuran Prince down some ways.
Active Projects

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:02 pm

Catherine

"I am ready. Let us go.

Smiling toothily at Paul, the Princess walked him briskly back to the main hall, watching a guardsman at the door until the man gave her a wink - I knew Audric would have them in on this whole thing - and then reentering the ballroom at that cue, looking for all the world as if she had only taken young Paul off on a tour of the palace gardens... Speaking of that...

"I must remember to show you the reflecting pools in the gardens; it's quite beautiful... Especially at night, when nobody's around to intrude..." Catherine whispered, before looking around quickly to spot Audric speaking with his betrothed, nursing a glass of wine. Clutching Paul's hand a tad tighter, she moved forward quickly if graciously, making sure to greet and smile at any who she made eye contact with. Drawing herself up a moment before halting in front of her brother, she bowed her head slightly to him.

"Ah, sister, and the Prince Paul I believe?" Audric nodded his head respectfully at the foreign boy, smiling benignly at his younger sister.

"Yes- brother, could we discuss something with you? In private, of course..." Catherine almost missed the flash in Audric's pale eyes as his smile widened, almost didn't catch his quick analysis of the young Prince on her arm, and just as well nearly didn't notice his quick dismissal of a few lordlings nearby who had hoped to speak with their Emperor, leaving a buffer of a good few feet around the party now consisting of the Emperor and his betrothed, and Catherine and Paul. Instead, she caught it all, quirking her smile at her brother before listening to him speak again.

"If this is what I believe it is about - then by all means, begin for us, Prince Paul." Audric turned his gaze, mixed between a kind gaze for his beloved sister's possible future husband and a cool glare as a protective older brother.

Jacqueline

So how did your family get yours then?” John asked her. “Is your father from a house that has held its lands in fealty to Cléricot?

"Precisely, yes. We were independent Dukes before the Congress of Saint-Nazaire in the early 1700s, when we agreed to join the Empire alongside about a dozen other lords and the King of Mairault." Jacqueline said, recalling her recent in-depth education on the Congress itself. She eyed him, smiling lightly, as he spoke again.

Visit me?” John did seem surprised by that admission, surprising Jacqueline herself. “I am quite unremarkable, only a second son with a keen interest in gaining knowledge and acquiring wisdom. Usually girls that want to visit court want to see my brother, not me!” he chuckled.

"Certainly, John; I can think of no better reason than to visit you - truly. Perhaps we could contact my father about it, if you would like me to..." Blushing slightly, she shrugged. "I-if not, of course, then there's no harm done, but I think it would be worth both seeing Ghant and, ah, meeting you once again."

Claire

…And what do you do for a living?” Valerie asked, before pointing her finger at John.

"I make use of myself for any and all ceremonies and events that I am scheduled for, and really, that's all I can do." Claire said, shrugging. "Until I am of age, I will not live in or control directly my ducal holding, so I am at the mercy of the people as it were."

And look…my other brother seems to have netted a Vannoisian girl too. I wonder if you and Jacqueline could serve as a sort of package deal,” she laughed. “John’s pretty naïve though, and shy around girls. I don’t think he knows what to do with them! Nathan does though…he’s not like father, but he knows what to do all the same.

"Ah, Jacqueline will bring him out of his shell, I am sure of it. I have never encountered a more determined person, throughout all the nobility in Vannois." Smiling at the sight of her acquaintance and the Prince, she sighed. "It would be nice, surely, for her to be courted by him as I would be courted by the Crown Prince."

Constantine of Latinum dances with Sara too! All of these pairings can make a girl’s head spin, let me tell you. Constantine is like John too, with his books and being all smart. That’s what I like about you, Claire. You like warriors, like my brother Nate. John is the kind of boy that reads books about the kind of by Nate is,” she giggled, causing Claire to giggle slightly as well despite disagreeing with her words. Audric is rather a reader, as well - he has no reason to raise a sword in anger, or a gun, nor even his fists.

"I suppose, though any boy with a worthy education is a treasure - there are so very many stupid ones." Giggling again, Claire eyed her sister and the Prince Paul suddenly appearing, making way towards her brother. Have you found your Prince, Cath?
Known as Malay

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Sara

“I wouldn’t say that he’s not genuine,” Constantine admitted about Bebe. “I have no way to know what his intentions would be, though I doubt they are sinister,” he pointed out.

“Well, I remember when your father yelled at him…I don’t think he likes my brother. Nate wasn’t exactly kind to your father…or to your mother,” she mused sorrowfully. “Forgive me for mentioning, I meant no offense. It’s just that…it can be very intense, my brother, he is so full of passion and vigor. He’s like a stallion, he needs room to run, and gets antsy when cooped up in one place for too long.”

In regard to Blanche, Constantine said that he had danced with her, and found her agreeable. “I did. Your sister is a very nice girl,” he smiled. “I treated her as I would have anyone else. She and I briefly talked of those circumstances…it’s cruel from my point of view.”

“It is cruel, and I don’t like it,” Sara admitted. “Neither does mother, or father…but there is nothing we can do. Just as how it is improper for anyone to come to Ghish and dictate how things are done at court, likewise it is improper for us to come to Clericot and dictate how they do things. Princess Dominique was aware of the consequences of her actions and the ramifications thereof, and accepted them all the same. It is just unfortunate that my brothers and sisters have to suffer because of that. They didn’t choose to be born into those circumstances, and I cannot imagine being isolated from one side of my family, treated like some sort of social leper. That is a horrible fate! I am glad that your family doesn’t do the same to Isabella, Leo, Diana and Theodora. All good people who I respect and admire.”

Of the book, Constantine explained that as the two of them danced. “Oh, I found great-grandfather’s memoirs tucked away between pages of a book in the library at Ravenna. I brought it for Leo as a gift,” Constantine nodded. “He was an odd writer, changes languages on a whim, a lot of incomplete thoughts and phrases.” After explaining the book, Constantine asked how she was enjoying herself.

“Leo is fond of books and trains…especially books about trains,” Sara giggled. “Father got him a tome from the 19th century about the first train systems in Ghant that ran from north to south along the coasts, through Gaemar and Dakmoor respectively. It is a rare volume, as it was from the pre-Civil War era, written by the hand of Grand Magister Mugara during the late reign of Emperor Nathan I. Nate keeps his eyes open for collectible train sets and miniatures, and gives them to him on Christmas and other special occasions.” Sara wondered how much Leo appreciated the gestures of good will that Nate extended to him, suspecting that it was mild at best.

“I’m having more fun than I expected,” Constantine smiled when Sara asked him how his night was going. “Also very pleased that I ran into you here. I would have liked to see you at the wedding, but things were busy and I had to make sure my brother didn’t become to out of hand.”

“Yes, that was a very busy wedding, and I was helping mother with the new baby,” Sara explained of her youngest true sister Sylvia. “I like to help hold, feed and tend to the babies with the ladies-in-waiting. They don’t mind that I help, nor does mother, and I am glad for that.”

Teresa

Maria looked at Teresa’s hand, and then towards a young man who just sat at the bar, that Teresa didn’t even notice until Maria saw him. “I almost did something tonight…I thought it was something I wanted. To be honest, I still don’t know if I would have regretted it or not. Maybe it was just one of those fleeting feelings,” she shrugged.

“…Sounds like you need to think about it a bit harder then,” Teresa responded as she feebly drank her wine. “Maybe it is something you want and you hesitated, or maybe it is something you don’t want but thought you did in the heat of the moment. These things happen dear, to girls your age. It is best to sleep on it and reconsider your position in the morning. In the meantime, talk to your girlfriends and drink. That helps.”

The Princess of Youth down the bar again. “That’s a cute boy,” she stated looking at the boy who sat down further along the bar.

“…That boy over there?” Teresa asked rhetorically as she looked that way and squinted. “…Oh gosh…who is that boy…oh wait, yes, that one…hmm…” the Empress Dowager smacked her lips a few times, and turned back to Maria. “That is Prince Aurel of Azura and Montemayor, who’s sister Stefania is betrothed to Audric.” She grinned, and leaned in close to Maria. “Don’t tell my great-grandson this, but I think Stefania looks like a fish. Last time I saw a mouth like the one she has, I had a hook in it,” she sniggered, before turning to look at Aurel.

“…He’s a decent looking lad, that Aurel. His oldest brother Augustin is married to my great-grandniece Seraphina, says he is a good man and true. Apples don’t fall far from the tree. Just watch yourself around him if you decide to talk to him…he looks like a player.” Teresa cocked her head after drinking some more wine, and shifting in her seat, afraid she might slip and fall out, breaking a hip in the process. “Either that, or he just fucks a lot. That could be it too…”

Paul

Catherine smiled at Paul, flashing him her pearly white teeth, and then she walked with him in haste back to the main hall. "I must remember to show you the reflecting pools in the gardens; it's quite beautiful... Especially at night, when nobody's around to intrude..." Catherine whispered, before clutching Paul's hand a tad tighter, as she moved in the direction of her brother.

“I would like that a great deal, if only because it would give me the opportunity to compare the beauty of the reflecting pools with your own, although I fear that the reflecting pools will pale in comparison.” Damn, I am on a roll tonight.

Before long, they were before Audric, and he addressed them as they drew near. "Ah, sister, and the Prince Paul I believe?" Audric nodded his head respectfully at Paul, and smiled at his younger sister.

“That is correct, your Majesty,” Paul returned an incline of his head and smiled. “A pleasure, truly.”

"Yes- brother, could we discuss something with you? In private, of course..." Catherine asked with a smile, while Paul became slightly nervous about how he might respond.

"If this is what I believe it is about - then by all means, begin for us, Prince Paul." Audric gazed at Paul the way a protective older brother might, causing Paul to gulp.

All the same, he composed himself and then he responded, in French…hoping that would impress him. “Votre Majesté, je suis pris d'affection pour votre sœur, et elle de moi. Je sais qu'il a seulement été au cours de la soirée, mais je souhaiterais que vous considérez mes vœux à la cour de Catherine formellement, car je ne peux pas penser que je préfère faire mon épouse qu'elle. Si vous avez des questions au sujet de mon caractère, je suis sûr que ma tante, Seraphina, serait plus qu'heureux de vous parler de moi, à partir du moment que je suis un garçon jusqu'à aujourd'hui.” (Your Majesty, I have grown fond of your sister, and she of me. I know that it has only been during the course of the evening, but I would hope that you would consider my wishes to court Catherine formally, for I can think of no one I would rather make my bride than she. Should you have any questions about my character, I am sure my aunt, Seraphina, would be more than happy to tell you about me, from the time I was a boy until today)

Paul was hoping that Audric’s betrothed, Princess Stefania of Azura and Montemayor being the sister-in-law of Paul’s aunt Seraphina, would help his case, as Seraphina had known him for most of his life, and was married to Stefania’s brother Augustin. All the same he held Catherine on one arm and smiled graciously at the Emperor, wondering also what Catherine might have to say…

John

"Precisely, yes, Jacqueline answered when asked about how her family attained their lands. “ We were independent Dukes before the Congress of Saint-Nazaire in the early 1700s, when we agreed to join the Empire alongside about a dozen other lords and the King of Mairault."

“Do any of the independent dukes long for their long lost sovereignty?” John wondered. “Even in Ghant, there are Houses whose knees bend more easily than others. The northerners don’t bend so easily. Be glad you don’t have Jendebasa lurking about, for they are quite primitive and dangerous, but quite interesting to read about.”

John was surprised when she talked about visiting him. "Certainly, John; I can think of no better reason than to visit you - truly. Perhaps we could contact my father about it, if you would like me to..." Blushing slightly, she shrugged. "I-if not, of course, then there's no harm done, but I think it would be worth both seeing Ghant and, ah, meeting you once again."

“…I mean, I would like that…it’s just that,” John stammered, feeling like an idiot, “I am not used to the interest of girls. Why, I have never even kissed any before in my entire life! You are the first to…express any such interest. I am flattered, truly, I am just…shy, and I don’t know how to…consummate such interest.” John shook his head, but still danced with her, feeling especially clumsy now with hot, flushed cheeks. Even my ears are hot. “I mean…we could contact your father…I could let him know that I would be…ok with such a visitation…”

Valerie

"I make use of myself for any and all ceremonies and events that I am scheduled for, and really, that's all I can do." Claire said, shrugging. "Until I am of age, I will not live in or control directly my ducal holding, so I am at the mercy of the people as it were."

“That’s not fair!” Valerie exclaimed with folded arms. “I don’t get a ducal holding! When I get back to Ghish, I am going to demand that mother give me one!”

On the subject of John, she said, "Ah, Jacqueline will bring him out of his shell, I am sure of it. I have never encountered a more determined person, throughout all the nobility in Vannois." Smiling at the sight of her acquaintance and the Prince, she sighed. "It would be nice, surely, for her to be courted by him as I would be courted by the Crown Prince."

Valerie frowned. “Do you think she likes him? If she does, you make it sound like she will never leave him alone, just like how you won’t leave Nate alone. I wonder where he is, I saw him run off but haven’t seen him come back.” Leaning into Claire’s ear, she asked, “do you want to go find him? If you want to see him again tonight, that is.”
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Leasath
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Leasath » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Audric

Paul seemed to draw himself up before beginning to speak in French. “Votre Majesté, je suis pris d'affection pour votre sœur, et elle de moi. Je sais qu'il a seulement été au cours de la soirée, mais je souhaiterais que vous considérez mes vœux à la cour de Catherine formellement, car je ne peux pas penser que je préfère faire mon épouse qu'elle. Si vous avez des questions au sujet de mon caractère, je suis sûr que ma tante, Seraphina, serait plus qu'heureux de vous parler de moi, à partir du moment que je suis un garçon jusqu'à aujourd'hui.” (Your Majesty, I have grown fond of your sister, and she of me. I know that it has only been during the course of the evening, but I would hope that you would consider my wishes to court Catherine formally, for I can think of no one I would rather make my bride than she. Should you have any questions about my character, I am sure my aunt, Seraphina, would be more than happy to tell you about me, from the time I was a boy until today).

Audric kept his gaze on Paul, detecting Catherine fidget slightly out of the corner of his eye but disregarding her movement. This boy deserved all of his attention, at least for now; what he was doing, and in quite good French at that, was important to all of them. He contemplated the Ghantish man, comparing him with past flames of his sister before noticing that he was near the end of his short speech. He does certainly compare favorably to the Narçonian, fair enough, Audric thought, before nodding sagely and beginning himself.

"Je verrais aucun problème avec une cour, le prince Paul," [I should see no issue with a courtship, Prince Paul.] Audric murmured, looking to all the world as if he was contemplating the next great war in his glass of wine; in reality, he was contemplating a marriage to this Prince Paul and to the Crown Prince of Ghant - whether either or both would even be beneficial to not only him but to his nation and sisters. Resisting a sigh - as he knew he would not, at least, be able to halt Catherine in her quest for this man without her bringing up his myriad promises to her - he seemed to shake himself, brightening and smiling in a moment in a rather impressive display of his composure. "Oui, bien sûr, aussi longtemps que Catherine est réceptif alors je serai heureux de vous accueillir dans votre quête d'elle." [Yes, of course, so long as Catherine is receptive then I shall be happy to host you in your pursuit of her.]

Jacqueline

Do any of the independent dukes long for their long lost sovereignty?” John asked. "Even in Ghant, there are Houses whose knees bend more easily than others. The northerners don’t bend so easily. Be glad you don’t have Jendebasa lurking about, for they are quite primitive and dangerous, but quite interesting to read about.

"Oh, certainly. I was not alive to see it, but it is almost legend that the Cuviers of Draguinne did not set foot in Saint-Nazaire nor Cléricot for over 80 years - not until 1997, even, until their marriage to Bénédicte of Cléricot, youngest son of Emperor Charles." Thinking for a moment, Jacqueline continued. "There are various Dukes and Duchesses that once held near-absolute control over their respective overlord Kingdoms that now answer to Kings and Queens and even the Emperor himself with little to no true power of their own; but they are a silent group, surely, as the might of the Royalist factions in Vannois has always deterred any rebel groups from taking any true action." In fact, since the late 1990s, Jacqueline's own father had defected from the would-be dissenters in favor of becoming a staunch Royalist - both for the extra monetary assets that provided, and the better likelihood of him not being forced to marry his heir to someone who could get themselves both exiled and excommunicated for treason at any time.

Jacqueline returned her attentions to John, who began to speak again.

"…I mean, I would like that…it’s just that,” John stammered, seeming really very embarrassed - now that's a touch adorable, Prince, Jacqueline thought -, “I am not used to the interest of girls. Why, I have never even kissed any before in my entire life! You are the first to…express any such interest. I am flattered, truly, I am just…shy, and I don’t know how to…consummate such interest.” John shook his head, but danced still, seeming a touch clumsier now. Even my ears are hot. “I mean…we could contact your father…I could let him know that I would be… ok with such a visitation…

The young heiress smiled brightly, almost intimidatingly for her toothy smile was blindingly white, before leaning forward to kiss John soundly, leaning against him for just a moment before moving quickly back into place, looking around and giggling near-uncontrollably at having seemingly gotten away with her move.

"I think that I must ask my father to contact your own, yes, you're right." Winking at John, her face even now only a little flushed, she continued. "After this night, I shall."

Marie-Claire

That’s not fair!” Valerie exclaimed with folded arms. “I don’t get a ducal holding! When I get back to Ghish, I am going to demand that mother give me one!

If Claire had been drinking anything at this point, she may have taken a spit-take; instead, she forced down her incredulous laughter, instead nodding along to Valerie's outrage, smiling lightly.

Valerie frowned now. “Do you think she likes him? If she does, you make it sound like she will never leave him alone, just like how you won’t leave Nate alone. I wonder where he is, I saw him run off but haven’t seen him come back.” Leaning into Claire’s ear, she asked, “do you want to go find him? If you want to see him again tonight, that is.

Claire leaned back, seeming to 'hummm' for a moment before shrugging lightly.

"Jacqui will only be appropriate with John, as well she should... As for your brother, if you would wish to seek him out then I would be remiss in my duties as a hostess to allow you to do this on your own."
Known as Malay

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Paul

The Emperor of Vannois kept his eyes on Paul, shifting them to Catherine for only fleeting moments, Paul observed. "Je verrais aucun problème avec une cour, le prince Paul," [I should see no issue with a courtship, Prince Paul] Audric said softly. "Oui, bien sûr, aussi longtemps que Catherine est réceptif alors je serai heureux de vous accueillir dans votre quête d'elle." [Yes, of course, so long as Catherine is receptive then I shall be happy to host you in your pursuit of her.]

Paul smiled, and switched back to Latin, already feeling quite giddy. “Thank you, your Majesty, I am grateful for the opportunity…I am very excited for it.” Turning to Catherine, he squeezed her hand. “I believe that her Highness is as excited at the prospect as I am. Wouldn’t you agree, Catherine?” he asked her, noticing that she had no spoken yet, but was eager to witness her deliver her thoughts to the Emperor.

John

Jacqueline explained the intricacies of Vannoisian noble intrigues to John, as that was one of his favorite subjects…noble intrigue. "Oh, certainly. I was not alive to see it, but it is almost legend that the Cuviers of Draguinne did not set foot in Saint-Nazaire nor Cléricot for over 80 years - not until 1997, even, until their marriage to Bénédicte of Cléricot, youngest son of Emperor Charles." Thinking for a moment, Jacqueline continued. "There are various Dukes and Duchesses that once held near-absolute control over their respective overlord Kingdoms that now answer to Kings and Queens and even the Emperor himself with little to no true power of their own; but they are a silent group, surely, as the might of the Royalist factions in Vannois has always deterred any rebel groups from taking any true action."

“Ah, that’s interesting,” John said enthusiastically. “I know that Dowager Empress Teresa said it was Benediction that delivered the Cuviers to Clericot…I always wondered what that meant. Now I know.”

After John stammered his explanation, and his excuses about his situation regarding the ladies, Jacqueline smiled brightly, before leaning forward to kiss John soundly. As she did so, she leaned against him for just a moment before leaning back into place, looking around and giggling. "I think that I must ask my father to contact your own, yes, you're right." Winking at John, her face even now only a little flushed, she continued. "After this night, I shall."

John blushed and felt as though his body was melting, like a witch in one of the old stories. His legs were like noodles, his knees wobbling and his arms flimsy. His skin was flush, coated in gooseprickles, and he stood there stupefied as he tried to mentally process what just happened. He felt something stir within him…an urge almost, like he was hungry for something that food couldn’t satisfy. It compelled him, and he wasn’t sure how to address it, or how to counter it. Twas something strong, and powerful.

It caused John to gently grab her arms in his smooth, fair princely hands, and pull her close to him. “The night’s not done, my lady,” he said boldly before using his grip to press her against him, so that he might deliver another tender kiss upon her lips.

There was no sense in letting Nate get all the glory, after all. And while Nate wanted to make Marie-Claire compete for his affections, John felt no such compunction. This was the one he wanted, and right then and there, he let her know. He was half Dakmaran, and didn’t shy in that moment from showing it…

Bebe

…It took the Crown Prince some time to organize the Imperial Guard that had been sent to Clericot as part of the Ghantish party. It took even less time for him to call his mother and explain to her the situation that his father had brought upon them and Ghant as a whole. Much to Bebe’s delight, the captain of the guards saw the Empress’s…orders, and determined to carry them out with due diligence.

Once there were twelve guards assembled, Bebe led the way down the corridor where his father the Emperor was said to be lurking with Blanche. Sure enough, he found them both there, Papa sitting on a couch with Blanche resting quietly in his embrace.

“Father,” Bebe began. “Glad I found you. I was wondering where you might be. Is everything alright.”

“…Yes, everything is fine,” Papa countered to his son. “What’s going on? Why do you have a dozen men behind you?”

To that, Bebe shrugged. “It just so happens that these dozen men are under orders…to escort you to your chambers for the duration of the evening.” He turned his gaze to his sister. “You are free to join him if you’d like, sister. You may come and go from his chambers as you please. You could also join me, and I shall see your safe conduct back to the Empress Dowager,” he smiled as he held his hand out to her.

Papa, though, wasn’t pleased. “What is the meaning of this? On who’s orders are they operating under that supersede mine own?”

“Why, mother…who else?” Bebe smirked. “When she found out about your gaffe with Blanche, she wasn’t pleased. She gave very specific orders to have you contained for the rest of the night, before you can damage relations any more than you already have. You can go quietly, or you can be dragged, father. Your choice…what’s it going to be? Hopefully you choose not to cause a scene…mother wouldn’t like that very much either, especially in light of what has already happened.”

Looking at his son with a look of disproval, the Emperor got up from the couch and went meekly along with the guards back to his chambers, although the scowl on his face was every indication of his dissatisfaction. Blanche, meanwhile, sat stunned on the couch now, her blue eyes wide and staring off blankly into the distance. “…I am sorry, brother…” a tear streamed down her cheek.

“Sshh…don’t be sorry,” Bebe said as he rushed to her side, and dabbed her cheeks with a handkerchief. “You are here to be with your great-grandmother, so come with me, and I will take you to her. She is at the bar with Princess Maria of Latinum…don’t worry, I won’t let you come to harm or embarrassment.” He helped her up form her seat, and locked arms with her as he led her away, back towards the ballroom, a devilish grin upon his face.

Valerie

"Jacqui will only be appropriate with John, as well she should... As for your brother, if you would wish to seek him out then I would be remiss in my duties as a hostess to allow you to do this on your own."

“Yeah, that’s what I thought you’d say,” Valerie sniggered. “Let’s go.” The younger Ghantish Princess hopped cheerfully along, in the direction that she saw Bebe go. It didn’t take long either for her to encounter her brother, with their sister Blanche, causing her to almost yelp. “…Hey, brother and sister, how goes?”

“I am returning our sister to Teresa,” Bebe answered, in a neutral tone. “She’s been through enough in one night…I put an end to this nonsense with mother’s permission.”

“…What did you do?” Valerie asked, surprised.

“I had father confined to his chambers for the duration of the evening for his gaffe with Emperor Audric. Mother was furious and demanded it. I, the obedient son, carried out her orders with expedience, in an attempt to set the night to rights before the damage became irreparable…”

When he saw Claire, he grinned toothily, but had an apprehensive look when he realized that he had Blanche on his arm. “Princess Claire,” he inclined his head. “A pleasure to see you again, more honey to my eyes than when we last departed. I was just escorting my sister Blanche to Teresa…please do not take offense. It wouldn’t be kosher to allow her to go about the palace grounds without proper supervision, and seeing as how she is the Empress Dowager’s charge, that is who she belongs with.”

Blanche, remembering her embarrassment with Audric, merely trembled and stared at the floor, looking pale. Poor sister, Valerie frowned, feeling her guts wrench at the sight of her sister trying her best to shrink, or better yet disappear, for fear of causing her family any more humiliation than she had already.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Lacus Magni
Diplomat

Postby Lacus Magni » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Constantine

“Well, I remember when your father yelled at him…I don’t think he likes my brother. Nate wasn’t exactly kind to your father…or to your mother. Forgive me for mentioning, I meant no offense. It’s just that…it can be very intense, my brother, he is so full of passion and vigor. He’s like a stallion, he needs room to run, and gets antsy when cooped up in one place for too long,” the Princess stated with sorrow.

“I think father was more insulted by what Nathan said before your mother took him away.” Constantine briefly dipped his head. “You didn’t do anything wrong, Princess. There is no need for you to apologize.

She went onto speak of the cruelty for the way her sister Blanche is treated in Vannois. “…They didn’t choose to be born into those circumstances, and I cannot imagine being isolated from one side of my family, treated like some sort of social leper. That is a horrible fate! I am glad that your family doesn’t do the same to Isabella, Leo, Diana and Theodora. All good people who I respect and admire.”

“Leo is fond of books and trains…especially books about trains,” Sara giggled. “Father got him a tome from the 19th century about the first train systems in Ghant that ran from north to south along the coasts, through Gaemar and Dakmoor respectively…Nate keeps his eyes open for collectible train sets and miniatures, and gives them to him on Christmas and other special occasions,” she added of her brother Leo.

“No they didn’t choose their circumstances. And I’m glad as well. I consider Leo a close friend, and both of my sisters adore Diana, as I’m sure they will Theodora when she is a bit older. I’m happy that my father chose to be kind to my Aunt Isabella, even if he was very upset at first...at least according to my mother,” the Latin Prince told her. “Do they not get along well, Nathan and Leo?” he probed. “Sorry for prodding, it’s just that they’ve seemed to clash whenever I’ve been around them both.”

Maria

“…Sounds like you need to think about it a bit harder then. Maybe it is something you want and you hesitated, or maybe it is something you don’t want but thought you did in the heat of the moment. These things happen dear, to girls your age. It is best to sleep on it and reconsider your position in the morning. In the meantime, talk to your girlfriends and drink. That helps,” Teresa responded as she feebly drank her wine.

“I felt embarrassed at first,” Maria began, still looking at her full drink. “I think you’re right though, I probably hesitated for a reason. Maybe that’s a good thing,” she smiled towards Teresa. She looked down the bar then, and commented on the cute boy that drew her attention.

“…That boy over there?” Teresa asked rhetorically as she looked that way and squinted. “…Oh gosh…who is that boy…oh wait, yes, that one…hmm…That is Prince Aurel of Azura and Montemayor, who’s sister Stefania is betrothed to Audric… He’s a decent looking lad, that Aurel. His oldest brother Augustin is married to my great-grandniece Seraphina, says he is a good man and true. Apples don’t fall far from the tree. Just watch yourself around him if you decide to talk to him…he looks like a player,” Teresa told Maria with a sip of her drink. “Either that, or he just fucks a lot. That could be it too…”

“Yes, that boy over there. Very handsome,” Maria giggled, listening while Teresa described the boy to her. “Oh...a player is he? That's not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose. I mean, how bad could that be, just means he's a very confident person? Or something like that,” she sipped at her drink, eyeing the boy some more. “You don't think I look capable of being able to watch myself?” she joked slightly, trying to compose herself and look less intoxicated than she was before she would approach the Azuran Prince.
Last edited by Lacus Magni on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active Projects

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates