NATION

PASSWORD

That Sinking Feeling (IC, CLOSED, MT, Esquarium only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 pm

July 3, 2015
"This is surely the first of its kind," an aging woman told her daughter, "and clearly it's the first chance to do something like this."

Plunging down into the Lombardian waters was a submersible vehicle, carrying the passengers Miranda and Lyonna Merkud. Miranda, despite still being haunted by her divorce fourteen years ago, pursued for her interest in science and the ocean. Meanwhile Lyonna, a secondary school student, was off to summer break that started not so long ago. The chance to take part in Lovato was thought to be lost (after several complications), until the Vestmarkers were forced to resurface.

Among those that would substitute for the departing group would be the Merkuds, now sinking inside a submersible. Lyonna, well before stepping into the vehicle, was awed by the fact that she and her mother were to live in a habitat pressed upon by meters of water. But that doesnt' seem stunning for long. "Gee, I wonder how father would think of this." Lyonna chuckled and turned to her mother, "He may be living a multipavoid life, but we-"

The mother stuck her palm out, demonstrating a call for the talk to end. "You don't always hear me talking about him, especially during work. Cut crap like that out and you'll do just fine."

"Although the truth about him still remains." Miranda sighed as Lyonna tried facing away. As the Pavonistadians approached their destination, she can only imagine what could go down in Lovato.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Going down with the Merkud's was an old man from Luziyca. He was 73 and was placed on the substitute roster. Now that there was room with the departure of the Vestmarkic residents, he was selected: while Stella, Òlef and now Lyonna were selected because of their young age (Lyonna more to test the effects of such a mission on an adolescent), this old man was selected for his old age.

He sat right across the Pavons, and he was silent much of the way down. He may be a long way away from the surface and the most advanced healthcare, but he sought to take part in the mission.

The man would introduce himself. "Privyet. I am Botev Manevski, and I'm coming down to stay in the Lovato until I croak or the mission ends." It was brief and short, but he added, "I'll tell you more inside." Soon, the submersible would stop, and the signal was given for the three people to disembark.

The three people have arrived just in time... for breakfast.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kenzibwe
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzibwe » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:48 pm

The two Kenzibweans woke up around the same time, after getting their much needed sleep from the previous day. The sunlight that glimmered through the water was coruscating. Both changed into clean clothes. Corsette wore a t-shirt that his mother made for him before he departed for the Lovato mission, while Dimitry simply put on an old blue shirt.

The two entered the kitchen at about the same time the three newcomers arrived, who were replaced the Vestmarkers. Corsette and Dimitry greeted everyone before they sat down next to Luziycans to eat some pancakes and bacon.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:26 pm

The Ohlys saw the three people heading in that they did not recognize, as well as Corsette and Dimitry.

"Good morning, everyone," Karin said cheerfully. "How are you all doing this lovely day?"

Botev Manevski headed slowly towards the table, and replied, "Quite well. I am really looking forward to spending this best year underneath the waves. And you?"

"It is interesting," Karin replied.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:51 pm

"Nice to meet you, Manevski," Miranda stated, "I apologize for any issues with my earlier conversation."

As the two Pavonistadians arrived in Lovato, they were initially dumbfounded in the habitat. Although they knew what was to be expected from such a mission, they were not immune from marvelling at the adventure that unveiled when the first steps were taken meters below sea level. It wasn't long before the Merkuds focused on their hunger, and they were to be led to where the other inhabitants were dining. Miranda took a chance to remind her daughter to keep father from her mind, lest there be embarassment.

The Merkuds glanced at the people already sat at the table. The Pavonistadians were curious about the inhabitants, and it is sure that the inhabitants were just as curious about the Pavonistadians (and the extra Luziycan). Both Miranda and Lyonna greeted Cosette, Dimitry, and the Ohlys before being seated.
Political Compass:
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Karin said, "Greetings, ladies. My name is Karin Ohly, this man here," glancing at her husband "is my husband, Birger Ohly, and this little girl is our daughter, Stella Ohly." As the three continued eating, Karin asked, "What are your names?" Stella looked at Lyonna for a brief moment, but she kept eating her own food.

Manevski prayed to God before he began to eat.

Kraq
Attaché

Founded: Mar 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraq » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Malileh opened her eyes slowly, her alarm clock humming slightly on the bedside table which it sat on, struggling to make itself heard over the loud, raspy snores coming from Abu. Turning to her side, her glaze landed at a baby toy which had been left on the floor. She stared at it aimless, allowing her mind to wonder about the past, present, and future. Would she really want her child to be raised by that animal...dog laying fast sleep next to her. Would it even be ethical allowing her child to be submitted to at least eighteen years of hell with Abu, or should she get rid of the child before it was too late.

Her mind racing, she slipped at out of bed and began to get dress; inspecting and making sure to completely cover yet another bruise on her arm. Briskly, she opened and closed the door, making her way to the kitchen. There, Malileh was met by the Luziycan family who had just started breakfast. Near them, Malileh saw three people new to Lovato.

"Hello everyone!" said Malileh, extending her hand towards one of the new members of the crew.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Karin Ohly said, "Good morning, Malileh. How was your rest?" The other two Ohly's were just finishing up their meal, and so was Botev Manevski.

He turned to Malileh, who seemed to have her arm extend to him. He stood, and shook her hand. "Privyet, madam. I am Botev Manevski, and I come from Luziyca. What is your name?" He was finished with his food by now.
Last edited by Luziyca on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Miranda was quickly noticing multiple new faces, from the Ohlys to Malileh, at the same time. Without a doubt this gives a great chance for her to get familiar with the Lovato. Upon seating onto her chair, she introduced herself and her daughter. "Hello to you too, my name is Miranda and here" - she stretched her palm to refer to her daughter - "is my daughter Lyonna."

As the Merkuds ate, Lyonna noticed that one of the Luziycans (Stella) looked at her for an isntance, but did not bother yet to respond. The family quickly finished their breakfast, their speed of consumption likely explained by their hunger. Now Miranda and Lyonna realized they were truly in an adventure under the sea.
Political Compass:

Masseau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Carlito woke up, and walked to the dining area to eat some breakfast. He said hello to the Pavonistadian.
President: Xavier Vargas
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
RP Population: 58,877,723
Capital
: Cahokia
Left:-4.12
Libertarian: -1.38

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:27 pm

"Good morning, Carlito," Birger Ohly said, as he finished his meal. Shortly thereafter, Stella finished her meal and looked for Lyonna. "Hi," she said in her adorable voice. "I'm Stella."

Botev Manevski unpacked his stuff and unfortunately had to share a room with the Merkud's. He decided that the bunk bed will be for the Merkud's, and he'll take the other bed.

Soled
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soled » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:52 am

The two Soledans had enjoyed their stay on the Lovato so far. While some unfortunate occurences had already happened, the two went along fine with the others; but something happened that would certainly not please Dyhal Tredse.

Dyhal woke up a morning. He looked out through a small window, and he gasped.

''What the hell... That's a Megaptera novaeangliae?!'' Right in front of him, a massive, 18-meter Humpback whale passed by him, about 40 meters away from the base. He immediately went for his backpack and found his camera. Marnia yawned and , and was highly confused when she saw her husband take pictures of the sea in nothing but underpants.

''There's a whale here, come and see'' Dyhal whispered. Marnia walked up to the window, and simply said nothing while they stared (and he took more pictures than most people's comfort) at the Humpback whale, eventually disappearing into the deep sea in a northwestern direction.

''Well, that's a first'' Marnia uttered. ''Indeed, let's wake up and show the others, shall we?'' Dyhal responded. They took on their clothes, but Marnia sighed, ''That's the same clothes you wore when we entered Lovato...''

''No it isn't, the one i wore then didn't have these light-blue patches on the torso, and had smaller pockets.'' Dyhal chucked as Marnia realized they were different clothes, but very similar. Anyways. They walked out of the door into the main lounge. There were the Luziycans, the Massean, and some Pavonistadians, all eating breakfast.

''Well hello there, everyone. I can see there are some new faces on board, eh?'' Dyhal looked at the Pavonistadians and smiled, ''Oh, hi. We're the Soledans on board here. Pleasure to see someone from 'next door' around!'' he says as he take up a relatively large, purple-colored bag of Daochdakruser, a Soledan cornflakes. He and Marnia seated themselves at a table and started eating breakfast.
Member of Tiandi and Ajax
Norwegian | they/them and she/her pronouns

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:58 am

Botev Manevski stood up and said, "Good morning. My name is Botev Manevski. I am glad to meet you, I assume you're from... Soled?"

Karin Ohly said, "Good morning. That humpback whale we saw pass by was very interesting to see, amirite?"
"Yes," Manevski said. "You know, back when I was your age, the things that fascinated me the most were camels. I especially loved those from Craik... Came there quite a few times before the country collapsed..."

Pavonistade
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Lyonna, who was adventuring in her mental world (going through all her thoughts) and thought of the many years that came before, quickly took notice of Stella as she spoke towards her. In response to the latter's introduction, the former briefly replied, "I'm Lyonna," before resuming her thinking again.

Lyonna did not pay much attention to the Soledans, although she did notice the humpback whale. As for the Soledans, Miranda did notice them and return words. "Pleasure to meet you too, I'm Miranda and" - gesturing towards her daughter - "this is my daughter Lyonna."
Political Compass:

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Stella smiled. Lyonna seemed tall, quiet, but is she friendly? She did not know... unlike Òlef, who she considered to be her bestest friend she ever had. Stella looked up at Lyonna... she still was focused on her own thoughts.

Stella asked Lyonna, "Vill du leka kurragömma?" (Want to play hide and seek?) However, Birger scolded her.
"Hon kom precis här. Låt henne justera. Dessutom måste du använda engelska," Birger said. (She just got here. Let her adjust. Also, you need to use English.) "Hon förstår inte svenska." (She doesn't understand Swedish)

Stella sighed.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates