NATION

PASSWORD

That Sinking Feeling (IC, CLOSED, MT, Esquarium only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kraq
Attaché

Founded: Mar 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraq » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Malileh awoke several hours before her husband, who's raspy, hoarse snores kept her wake for most of the night. She cautiously climbed out of her bed, careful not to wake up Abu, who's eardrum scattering snores were echoing around their room. She began to study the room that they were going to spent the next living in, as she got out of bed, replaying the previous day's events in her head. Looking down their crib, Malileh slowly guided her right hand down her left arm, and began to gently rub her hand against her bruised wrist; a token from when Abu had man handled into their room so he hit the other women apart of the Lovato project.

She could still remembering crying for over week when she first found out about Abu taking the company with other women; often prostitutes from Ragobad red light district. For that long and painful week she didn't sleep or eat, instead she became consumed with a jealously and anger she had never experienced before in her entire life; coming up with dozens of painful, and at times, deadly forms of retaliation. Yet, when it came down to actually acting out any of her plans, or getting an divorce, the threat of becoming excommunicated from everyone she knew was too much and, like tens of thousands of Kraqi women, learnt to tolerate, and later, accept that's how she was going to spent the rest of her life with Abu.

Discontinuing this line of thought, she tore her glaze away from the crib, wiping the tears from her eyes, and briskly got dressed as fast as she could; wincing in pain when every time her bruised wrist rubbed up against the clothing she was putting on. Once dressed, she carefully opened the door and slipped out the room.

Morning turned into noon as Malileh, and later Abu, went about their delegated daily duties around Lovato I; careful to avoid each other. It was about lunch time as Malileh strode through Lovato, her long blonde hair waving just behind her, before she began suddenly feel lightheaded just as she was passing through the kitchen. Walking in an zig-zag, Malileh felt the room spin, and then, before she knew it, she lost consciousness.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Birger heard a thud. He stood up and looked at Malileh, who had fallen onto the ground. He immediately sprung into action, and called for Stella to let her mommy know. She did that, and Karin came and saw Malileh lying on the floor.

"Älskling, vi måste plocka upp henne! NU!" Birger shouted at Karin. (Honey, we need to pick her up! NOW!)
Karin responded, "Okej, älskling." (Okay, darling)

Both Karin and Birger placed Malileh on a stretcher and took them to their room. She was then placed delicately on the bed, and he began his attempts to try and revive her. Malileh had to hold on, and she had to survive. Birger began thinking: she seemed to have been walking in a zig-zag fashion, she noticed a bruise, and it seemed like she may have been light-headed. He cannot diagnose her just yet, but he already felt concerned, primarily for how Abu may react to his wife, being unconscious. And worse, if they cannot treat Malileh here, they may have to send Abu and Malileh to Stagno to be treated.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Gnasri
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gnasri » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Luziyca wrote:"Yes," Karin said. "We got plenty of food available for you to eat, not just today, but all the way to the end of the mission, of various styles from all across the world."

"What did he say?" asked Dorje.

"He said there's a lot of food," explained Kelsang, "foods not just from Gnasri, but from all over the world."

"Huh!" Dorje exclaimed. "I never tasted anything besides...Gnasrian food. All my life I've eaten yak meat. What other foods are there?"

The two began to help themselves as Kelsang showed Dorje the various foods that were being served. Kelsang was Dorje's window to the world; she is one of the few Gnasrians who were able to get in contact with the outside world without actually stepping into it (until now). Even so, Gnasrians who know much more about foreigners than do their compatriots have a lot to learn.

"I knew about this," Kelsang said, displaying a cup of brown liquid to Dorje. "This is coffee."

"Say that again?"

"Coffee. Koh-fee. It's a foreign drink. Foreigners drink it to stay awake."

"But why would they? People have to go to sleep."

"My dear, foreigners have a complicated life which requires them to stay awake when they're not supposed to, according to us."

"Huh."

"Want to try it? Here, we'll both take a cup."

The two picked up a cup of coffee and started drinking it. Dorje managed to swallow the liquid and not spit it out.

"It's disgusting," he murmured, "there's no taste."

"Coffee is not supposed to be sweet," Kelsang replied. "That's exactly what keeps people awake."

Dorje realized that he had as much energy as ever. "Hm. Maybe you're right."

They kept on drinking and eating until their bellies were full. Then they saw everybody else crowding around a rectangular-looking table whose purpose doesn't seem to be holding food, but for playing games. This was something peculiar to the couple, and Kelsang immediately asked, in English, what the table is.
If the PLA didn't invade Tibet, what would you get? Gnasri!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm

Karin said to the Gnasrians, "Well, this is a table tennis table used to play table tennis. So far, a lot of people have been using it, and it seems like fun, to be quite frank. I am sure we'll get bored of it in due time though," and chuckled at that suggestion.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kenzibwe
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzibwe » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Corsette was delighted to see Carlito beat Dimitry in a close match, only because he was still angered from the previous match when he had gotten destroyed by Dimitry. Dimitry on the other hand, being an extremely competitive guy, was devasted after losing to Carlito. He asked Carlito if he would like to play a rematch in the future, and a rivalry began to blossom between the Kenzibwean and Massean.

Later, the two Kenzibweans heard shouting coming from the other room. They entered a bedroom, in which they had heard the yelling come from. They found the Luziycans and a Kraqi, with the Kraqi being unconscious. In panic, both asked if they could do anything to help the situation.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:03 pm

Birger responded, "Not really," to the two Kenzibwean residents barging into their room. "Well, except maybe getting Hayan'isul to see how bad things are, maybe?" He sighed, as he focused on trying to keep Malileh alive.

Kenzibwe
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzibwe » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Corsette rushed out of the room to call for Hayan'isul, while Dimitry stood in the room shocked as he watched the Kraqi fight for her life. He looked through the glass window where he saw all types of marine life swimming around. He then looked back at the unconscious Malileh. It had only taken a few days. The madness had already begun.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:47 am

Birger glanced briefly at Dimitry. "Sir, I think you should get out of this room. Only family and medical personnel are allowed to see Malileh," before switching his own focus back to saving Malileh.

Kraq
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kraq » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:55 am

Malileh woke up after, what seemed to her only a few moment later to see Birger's panic stricken standing over her, talking to one of the Kenzibwean members of the crew. Hazed, she pressed her hand into her face, furrowing her eyebrows as she attempted to remember what had just happened. Slowly she sat up on the bed she was laying on, wincing in pain as she did.

"I'm so...sorry," she said, turning to look at Birger, hiding the bruise on her wrist as she did. "Sawming, mean, fasting during nausea gravidarum, morning sickness, wasn't the brightest idea after all."

Kenzibwe
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzibwe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:12 am

Dimity knew this was a serious matter, so he obeyed Birgers command and swiftly removed himself from the situation and left the room, as did Corsette. Both were shocked and disappointed, for they could do absolutely nothing in their power to help. They simply pondered besides the door, then eventually left to their bedroom.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Birger explained, "It is not really the wisest choice, to be perfectly frank with you. I can understand why you may need to fast, since it is partway through Ramadan." He paused, and noted, "I do not know what the relevant religious authorities say about fasting underwater, to be frank, so I think it might be wise to consult them as soon as possible."

He noticed that bruise, and felt concerned. "I also noticed that you got a bruise on your wrist. I have doubts it contributed to what happened, but I am a bit worried about how you are treated by your husband."

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Luziyca wrote:Karin said, "Good afternoon, madam." She took a look in the garbage can, and noticed a suspicious number of pills in the garbage can. She ignored the pills, since it was probably expired medication. Karin continued, "How are you doing today, eh?" She began doing some basic science experiments alongside Hayan'isul, and she was also getting comfortable with the lab.

"It's quite a fine morning, all things considered." Hayan'isul said, her hands continued to move without her supervision. "The neighbours are all very nice people given the circumstances, and the environment is rather enjoyable. I think I'll look forward to life undersea."
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Karin said, "Good afternoon, madam." She took a look in the garbage can, and noticed a suspicious number of pills in the garbage can. She ignored the pills, since it was probably expired medication. Karin continued, "How are you doing today, eh?" She began doing some basic science experiments alongside Hayan'isul, and she was also getting comfortable with the lab.

"It's quite a fine morning, all things considered." Hayan'isul said, her hands continued to move without her supervision. "The neighbours are all very nice people given the circumstances, and the environment is rather enjoyable. I think I'll look forward to life undersea."

"Indeed," Karin replied. "It is quite enjoyable to have good neighbors, but I think it is a bit too early, y'know. I think that as time passes, we may end up going insane, but I hope we fare well here, so that we can colonize the sea floor and space in our lifetimes, ja?"

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Luziyca wrote:"Indeed," Karin replied. "It is quite enjoyable to have good neighbors, but I think it is a bit too early, y'know. I think that as time passes, we may end up going insane, but I hope we fare well here, so that we can colonize the sea floor and space in our lifetimes, ja?"

"Personally I don't think it would be a major concern, since at the very least we can retreat to our own compartment if needed - a luxury that our cosmonauts probably won't have in the near future." Hayan'isul laughed a little. "Well, our people are quite used to being insane, so I guess it would bolt well with us."
Last edited by Tuthina on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Reno.

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:53 am

Tuthina wrote:
Luziyca wrote:"Indeed," Karin replied. "It is quite enjoyable to have good neighbors, but I think it is a bit too early, y'know. I think that as time passes, we may end up going insane, but I hope we fare well here, so that we can colonize the sea floor and space in our lifetimes, ja?"

"Personally I don't think it would be a major concern, since at the very least we can retreat to our own compartment if needed - a luxury that our cosmonauts probably won't have in the near future." Hayan'isul laughed a little. "Well, our people are quite used to being insane, so I guess it would bolt well with us."

"That is a good point," Karin remarked. "We can at least head back to our own rooms if need be, and our astronauts will probably not have this, at least, at first." But she noticed something: her people are quite used to being insane. She asked Hayan'isul, "I assume you live in the northernmost parts of Tuthina?"

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:47 am

Luziyca wrote:"That is a good point," Karin remarked. "We can at least head back to our own rooms if need be, and our astronauts will probably not have this, at least, at first." But she noticed something: her people are quite used to being insane. She asked Hayan'isul, "I assume you live in the northernmost parts of Tuthina?"

"Hmm? Oh, well, relatively speaking, I lives further north than average, but only one of my parents lived in THE North. I have moved further south since I engaged with my husband." Hayan'isul answered, somewhat confused by the sudden change of topic. Was it her complexion? It was indeed lighter than what a stereotypical compatriot would be. "Though I guess us being accustomed to insanity is more a nationwide thing."
Call me Reno.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 am

"Ah, I see," Karin said. "It just seems that you are from the farthest reaches of the north, since the northern parts of Esquarium are much less populated compared to mid-latitude countries like Luziyca. Like it seems like if you live far enough north, there seems to be a lot of isolation, or at least, until recent times before planes, roads, and other influences can link towns with other towns."

Kraq
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kraq » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Luziyca wrote:Birger explained, "It is not really the wisest choice, to be perfectly frank with you. I can understand why you may need to fast, since it is partway through Ramadan." He paused, and noted, "I do not know what the relevant religious authorities say about fasting underwater, to be frank, so I think it might be wise to consult them as soon as possible."

He noticed that bruise, and felt concerned. "I also noticed that you got a bruise on your wrist. I have doubts it contributed to what happened, but I am a bit worried about how you are treated by your husband."

"I guess your right, if it's affecting my health I should probably get something to eat." said Malileh, climbing to her feet, exposing her bruise in the process. Almost instantaneously, the bruise caught the eye of Birger and who immediately inquired about it.

"I also noticed that you got a bruise on your wrist. I have doubts it contributed to what happened, but I am a bit worried about how you are treated by your husband."

"Oh, this old thing, I erm...got it when I wore my watch too tightly for to long." said Malileh, smiling weakly at Birger. Just as Malileh opened her mouth to reply to the second part of Birger sentence, the room's door was crudely slammed open, revealing Abu at the steps of the door; his dark brown beady eyes staring suspiciously at Birger and Malileh, as though they were plotting against him.

"What...what happened to Malileh?" asked Abu, forcing his voice to not sound cynical of his wife's accident. "I heard that Malileh...my wife fell. Is she alright?"

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:33 pm

"Indeed," Birger remarked in reply to the food bit. As Malileh was explaining the bruise, Birger was interrupted by Malileh's husband, Abu.

Birger turned to Abu and said, "Yes, she fainted, but I believe that she is okay now. She seemed to have fainted due to a combination of morning sickness, amplified by a lack of food in her system." He was trying to find words to say to Abu, so to not inadvertently offend Abu, or his faith. "I have suggested to her that she should consume some food, although I understand it may be difficult due to Ramadan happening right now."

Gnasri
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gnasri » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Luziyca wrote:Karin said to the Gnasrians, "Well, this is a table tennis table used to play table tennis. So far, a lot of people have been using it, and it seems like fun, to be quite frank. I am sure we'll get bored of it in due time though," and chuckled at that suggestion.

"How do you play table...tennis? I never play it before," Kelsang remarked. "Er...how do you play it?"

"What did he say?" Dorje muttered.

"It's a table used for playing table tennis," Kelsang said to her husband in Gnasrian. "Not sure how you play it, but it seems like a lot of people have already played it."
Last edited by Gnasri on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the PLA didn't invade Tibet, what would you get? Gnasri!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:05 pm

"Well..." Karin said to the Gnasrians, "basically, pick up a paddle, get the paddle to hit the ball, and try and score as much as you can. You need to keep hitting until either you miss or the opponent misses. If you miss, the opponent gains one point, otherwise, you do. It ends when it reaches six points, unless it is tied, in which case you need two more to win. If it ends at 20 points and 20 points for each player, it ends as a draw."

She drank some water. "Anything else?"

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Luziyca wrote:"Ah, I see," Karin said. "It just seems that you are from the farthest reaches of the north, since the northern parts of Esquarium are much less populated compared to mid-latitude countries like Luziyca. Like it seems like if you live far enough north, there seems to be a lot of isolation, or at least, until recent times before planes, roads, and other influences can link towns with other towns."

"Well, personally, I think it has more to do with the severe weather of the North not being able to support agriculture or other methods of subsistence that can maintain a high population density compared with mid-latitude lands." Hayan'isul said, before chuckling a little. "Sorry, got my science brain running again. That said, I think it is less an issue for us than your country, since we have a relatively low population density outside a few metropoleis."
Call me Reno.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:29 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Luziyca wrote:"Ah, I see," Karin said. "It just seems that you are from the farthest reaches of the north, since the northern parts of Esquarium are much less populated compared to mid-latitude countries like Luziyca. Like it seems like if you live far enough north, there seems to be a lot of isolation, or at least, until recent times before planes, roads, and other influences can link towns with other towns."

"Well, personally, I think it has more to do with the severe weather of the North not being able to support agriculture or other methods of subsistence that can maintain a high population density compared with mid-latitude lands." Hayan'isul said, before chuckling a little. "Sorry, got my science brain running again. That said, I think it is less an issue for us than your country, since we have a relatively low population density outside a few metropoleis."

"Indeed," she replied. "This is physically true, but socioculturally, I think that if you live in a small enough town, with little contact, you may go a bit off kilter," and chuckled. "But yeah, it is not a major issue for you, since we have quite a lot of municipalities here in Luziyca with little isolation."

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:56 pm

The day would pass: after the harrowing afternoon that saw Malileh faint as a result of morning sickness, and Helgè had a heart attack, resulting in having to call in a submersible to transport Helgè, Viktor, and their son Òlef back to the surface onto a ship, where Viktor and Òlef sailed back to Stagno while Helgè was flown to hospital.

Thus, the number of residents on board the Lovato decreased from twenty people to seventeen as the Vestmarkers had to leave the Lovato due to Helgè's heart attack. Thus, once everyone concluded their day, and almost everyone went to bed, Birger finally was able to begin his vlog. He named the title "Lovato I - Day 2, three men down, seventeen to go."

He sighed, and said, "Greetings. My name is Birger Ohly, husband of Karin Ohly. Her pretty face already told you where we come from, so yeah." He then paused, and explained, "We got bad news from the Lovato. Helgè had a heart attack on the Lovato at around five this afternoon. Thus, he, as well as his husband and son had to be taken up to the surface. Replacements are going to come tomorrow, but we do not exactly know where they are coming from. Maybe they'll come from Luziyca, maybe they will not."

"Before that," he explained, "we had Malileh, a lovely girl from Kraq faint, due to the fact that she was fasting while pregnant. I advised her that it was not a good idea, but I admire her courage in fasting, even if she was not supposed to do so whilst pregnant. She seems to be doing well now, but who knows how long it'd last."

"That said, we already have developed a common bond:" Birger stated. "A lot of us were playing at the table tennis table, each of us taking turns. Lots and lots of us were playing against each other, and it was incredibly fun, to be perfectly honest. I also saw my wife explain to the Gnasrian participants of table tennis... it was so sweet, and so adorable the husband try and understand us. He'll catch up with us, I'm sure. Anyways, love from the Lovato, and good night!"

After he uploaded the vlog and it made it onto Youtube, he shut down the computer, and headed to the room where he left a sticky note on the bedroom door of Barry and Meg: "Tomorrow and the day after that, you two are going to do the vlog. With love, Birger-O's."

He then headed to the bedroom, and closed the door. Now, it was time for night to pass...

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:46 am

July 3rd, 2015

Much like yesterday, light began to diffuse onto the sea. Seventeen people were on board, compared to the twenty the day previous, though at least two new people are coming on board: a mother and daughter from Pavonistade, and one more from somewhere else, although they do not know where that replacement will come from.

Birger was the first to wake up from his sleep, and began making some breakfast. It was pancakes with bacon on the side, and he wanted to serve it to his family. The smell would wake Stella up.

"Mamma..." she asked. "Du upp?" (Mommy, you up?)

No response.

Stella asked her again, a bit louder.

Karin said, "God morgon solstråle!" (Good morning, sunshine!) She sounded enthused, although she wasn't. "Gå och se din pappa," she told Stella. (Go see your dad).

Stella would venture into the main living area.

"Hej, pappa!" she exclaimed.
"God morgon, stjärna," Birger said. "Är du redo att äta?" (Good morning, star. Are you ready to eat?)
"Ja!" she said. By now, the pancakes and bacon were ready, and he started to serve the food. They would take their seats when they saw Karin come in. She took her seat, and after a brief prayer, they started to eat.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates