NATION

PASSWORD

The League of Mechanocracies (Open, MT/PMT/FT, OOC, Signups)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talking behind people's backs

It's cool
47%
It's awesome
19%
It's great
33%

Total votes : 36

Ultimate Kyronia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Kyronia » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:05 am

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:
Ultimate Kyronia wrote:Daily Dull News

Since the Rutt v Me Incident in F7.
I found lots of Rutthenia wannabes and trust me.. It's worse than Rutthenia..

Don't be too paranoid; it's just the general community not being fond of a full-on anime-based flag.

See the nations with a fairly normal anime character alongside their flags and nothing else not taking the same level of a hit? There you go.

Edit: eh.. You right pal! i'm too paranoid

Edit again: or probably i miss this link
http://www.nationstates.net/region=apsi ... #p16912764
Last edited by Ultimate Kyronia on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
❅❅❅ ULTIMATE KORONA NETWORK ❅❅❅
Lifeboat Puppet of Korona Alliance

All Koronaverse going to this Kyronia
I DONT USE NS STATS
PT-FanT: ROURAN DYNASTY
MT-PMT: KOYANAGI VASSAL
FT: ULTIMATE KYRONIA/KORONA

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:32 am

Ultimate Kyronia wrote:
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:Don't be too paranoid; it's just the general community not being fond of a full-on anime-based flag.

See the nations with a fairly normal anime character alongside their flags and nothing else not taking the same level of a hit? There you go.

You seem awfully concerned about three Rutthurt existences I couldn't give a flying fuck about.

C'mon. Unless they're world-class scientists who've volunteered themselves in helping to find out the cure for AIDS, don't sink as low as them by talking about them behind their backs just like they did to us.
Last edited by Gigaverse on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:48 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Ultimate Kyronia wrote:

You seem awfully concerned about three Rutthurt existences I couldn't give a flying fuck about.

C'mon. Unless they're world-class scientists who've volunteered themselves in helping to find out the cure for AIDS, don't sink as low as them by talking about them behind their backs just like they did to us.

did to us

Which 'us' are you talking about
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:54 am

Also, am I the only one who goes to the pages of users' posts and click on the last page just to see who they were when they were noobs?

Tbh, I was quite surprised with Mackonia's first pages and the first pages of some other people whose nations change themes often.
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:56 am

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:Also, am I the only one who goes to the pages of users' posts and click on the last page just to see who they were when they were noobs?

Tbh, I was quite surprised with Mackonia's first pages and the first pages of some other people whose nations change themes often.

If you want to catch me being a noob in my early stages, you'll have to look at literally any of my posts ask me nicely to revive my first nation, which has been deleted for the better part of a year now.
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Cumberlanda
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cumberlanda » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:57 am

If we want to get technical, a flag is defined by the site as the little image you put up. It doesn't mean it has to conform to modern day flag standards. The term flag is only used because our profiles are countries, or at least for most of us.
For example, my post that was ignored by Rutt more like Mutt:

Cumberlanda wrote:
Rutthenia wrote:It's literally not a flag, idiot.

The brutal truth is that the little picture next to our names and posts is called a flag. When you upload that picture, it says "You can create an image on your computer and upload it as
(nation)'s national flag." . It may not fit within the traditional definitions of what a flag is, but it is technically a flag, like it or not. Now, if you don't like that flag, feel free to constructively rate it based on your opinions. But to say that it isn't a flag because it doesn't follow what flags look like in the real world is an overused and incorrect reason, as it is called a flag via the website itself.
Bundes'ka o Cumberlanda
"What are we gonna do on the bed, Max Barry?"
The Sentinel:Honestly I am looking for a better signature format because this one is hot garbage
Please look at these if you wish to comment on my nation. NS Stats are not the best.

Ultimate Kyronia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Kyronia » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:59 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Ultimate Kyronia wrote:

Oh.. You right... *Pweeh*

Singaporean Transhumans wrote:Also, am I the only one who goes to the pages of users' posts and click on the last page just to see who they were when they were noobs?

Can you give me the link?
❅❅❅ ULTIMATE KORONA NETWORK ❅❅❅
Lifeboat Puppet of Korona Alliance

All Koronaverse going to this Kyronia
I DONT USE NS STATS
PT-FanT: ROURAN DYNASTY
MT-PMT: KOYANAGI VASSAL
FT: ULTIMATE KYRONIA/KORONA

Thinking Machines
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Thinking Machines » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 am

And your first post was...
Walruses here are extinct
Last edited by Thinking Machines on Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Nexus of Man
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nexus of Man » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:05 am

The Nexus of Man wrote:Incest is illegal within The Nexus of Man. We think that it promotes human impurity, and as such, must be destroyed.

The Nexus of Man wrote:We do not think of mongrels like gays or incestuous people as humans.

i only became a more elaborated version tbh

Cumberlanda
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cumberlanda » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 am

the og posts:

Cumberlanda wrote:Educated but extremely vulgar libertarians.

"I deny that we had any involvement in the assassination of Zagre Dale. After all, that guy was 120. Now, I do believe some media outlets want to make this something it's not, yeah we know who you are. But seriously, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty in the media?"

Daniel Dupree, National Press Secretary

________________________________________________________________________________

"There's no jury in the media. You're guilty at accusal."

Kristen Washington, Correspondent, Sox News

"If I hear another damn lie from you, candidate Gregorson, I will climb over this podium and stick my fist through your goddamn skull."

-President James T. Westinghouse, during a debate. He went on to serve as president for 16 years.

god what was i doing
Bundes'ka o Cumberlanda
"What are we gonna do on the bed, Max Barry?"
The Sentinel:Honestly I am looking for a better signature format because this one is hot garbage
Please look at these if you wish to comment on my nation. NS Stats are not the best.

Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:39 am

My early posts were pretty dry. The very first ones were actually on Singy's Technologies Game in F7.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:39 am

My first post with 81st-century Humans was on the updated civilization index, and was basically me saying 'guys look how big and advanced I am!'. Heh. Classic me.

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Nayba Collective
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nayba Collective » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:34 pm

The big difference in early Ashkera, which borrowed the conspiracy idea from an earlier nation of mine, and modern Ashkera is that modern Ashkera is more Asian in style.

Originally, Ashkera was composed almost entirely of feuding refugee groups held together by the ideology-policing government, which broke free of the international commission which created it. They gently brainwashed the groups into not killing each other over stupid centuries old grudge bullshit. They drove around in Jeeps, and the whole "Shadowlanders" thing wasn't a thing. It was a bit more poor and maybe Australian?

Then I noticed there were no Asian-ish countries in the regional RP, at all. So I decided to make it that world's Japan, but still Ashkeran - which is how it became Big Conspiracy Singapore. (I had some awareness of Singapore, but didn't fully notice until Vistora pointed it out.)

Nayba Collective's only major difference is that I gender-flipped the leader. (Oversight Councillor One, by comparison, is definitely male.)
Last edited by Nayba Collective on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ネバ族
The Nayba Collective [PMT]

Human-alien hybrid cyborgs living underground in the frozen wastes, hunting alien beasts.
Like Nayba Collective? Check out Eisen, Nayba's new home.

Nayba Collective
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nayba Collective » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Do you guys sometimes read RPs you aren't playing in? I don't, but I get the sense some of you might.

Expect an update to First Contact later today.
ネバ族
The Nayba Collective [PMT]

Human-alien hybrid cyborgs living underground in the frozen wastes, hunting alien beasts.
Like Nayba Collective? Check out Eisen, Nayba's new home.

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Nayba Collective wrote:Do you guys sometimes read RPs you aren't playing in? I don't, but I get the sense some of you might.

I'm tuned into An Exploration Mission (between VD and Vallermoore) and was for a short while keeping my eye on some of Sidhae's RPs with Altoris and Lacedaemonian before they concluded. Normally though, the majority of RPs I read are ones I'm either participating in or expressing an interest in doing so.
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Nayba Collective wrote:Do you guys sometimes read RPs you aren't playing in? I don't, but I get the sense some of you might.

I've actually popped into First Contact now and again to see what's happening. I'd like to join into a Makinaverse RP, but there hasn't really been many roles of Makina Sarif that would make sense. As far as I know, I'm the only participant not located in Afroeurasia.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Vistora wrote:

I've actually popped into First Contact now and again to see what's happening. I'd like to join into a Makinaverse RP, but there hasn't really been many roles of Makina Sarif that would make sense. As far as I know, I'm the only participant not located in Afroeurasia.

I'm sure Sarif Industries would be interested in some of the high-tech machines the Mecharussians are using for their own ends - send some equivalent to Adam Jensen in to investigate?

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

I'm sure Sarif Industries would be interested in some of the high-tech machines the Mecharussians are using for their own ends - send some equivalent to Adam Jensen in to investigate?

I think we would be very interested.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:12 pm

Vistora wrote:
Blakullar wrote:I'm sure Sarif Industries would be interested in some of the high-tech machines the Mecharussians are using for their own ends - send some equivalent to Adam Jensen in to investigate?

Maybe you could run into the Frenks who'd also be there?

On an unrelated note: busy telling my younger brother that phones are shit because of Autocorrect. He tries to prove me wrong. The lols were real.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Vistora
Senator

Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

On an unrelated note: busy telling my younger brother that phones are shit because of Autocorrect. He tries to prove me wrong. The lols were real.

We will plague you with automatic erection problems.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

'My automatic erection problems...'
'Jamie Crispin..'
'I got promiscuous with the CVP...'

What the actual fuck... I feel like you have to try to do that. Even my friend's phone doesn't screw with stuff as badly as that, and he once repeatedly texted me telling me to look up videos of 'Genital Thunderstorms' on Youtube because they were soothing.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:34 pm

The Great Devourer of All wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Maybe you could run into the Frenks who'd also be there?

'My automatic erection problems...'
'Jamie Crispin..'
'I got promiscuous with the CVP...'

What the actual fuck... I feel like you have to try to do that. Even my friend's phone doesn't screw with stuff as badly as that, and he once repeatedly texted me telling me to look up videos of 'Genital Thunderstorms' on Youtube because they were soothing.

Sometimes, I do wonder - and my brother is genuinely a very good actor, if his performance as Scar in The Lion King was anything to go by. But even if they are fake, the situations were still funny as all hell.
Last edited by Blakullar on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

HYDRA-Russian Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HYDRA-Russian Empire » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:

This made my day! Thanks :rofl:
Glory to the Empire
Emperor Peter IV
Tsarevich Nicholay (III) Petrovich
I live in the UK, so my time may be different to yours.
WARNING: THIS NATION DOES NOT REPRESENT MY VIEWS
---
[url]---[/url]
Anti-Democracy League | League of Mechanocracies
Embassy Program (OBSOLETE)|Member of GESO

A level 2.9 civilization, according to this index (Tier 10, Level 7, Type 10).

Federal Union of America
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Union of America » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:19 pm

I missed classic PT-MT RPs, so I made an althist puppet. Basically, the CSA managed to hold off the Union in the Civil War long enough for them to agree to let them have the southeast, Texas, and New Mexico. Neither the Union or the CSA got involved in WW1 and the Russian Revolution came two years early, allowing the Central Powers to win when Italy defected and became a spineless puppet of Germany. In the modern day, the USSR controls Mongolia, parts of China, and everything in central Asia up to the border with the rejuvenated Ottoman Empire, which has been restored to its former glory, spanning North Africa, the Middle East, and parts of southeastern Europe. The Second World War never happened, but Imperial Japan still hungered for resources and invaded the surrounding area in the 20's, 30's, and 40's, and is now the dominant player in the Pacific. Due to the nature of war in the pre-WW1 era, most Britain and France weren't annexed, but part of eastern France and their colonies were. Spain still holds on to Cuba, but the Philippines and Guam rebelled just in time to be steamrolled by Japan. Hawaii was never annexed by the US or (for some reason) Japan, and is a small independent kingdom. Brazil has annexed some of its neighbors, and Mexico has done the same. European imperialism in Africa is still a big thing in 2016.

What do you guys think? This is Devourer/81st-century Humans, by the way.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Federal Union of America wrote:I missed classic PT-MT RPs, so I made an althist puppet. Basically, the CSA managed to hold off the Union in the Civil War long enough for them to agree to let them have the southeast, Texas, and New Mexico. Neither the Union or the CSA got involved in WW1 and the Russian Revolution came two years early, allowing the Central Powers to win when Italy defected and became a spineless puppet of Germany. In the modern day, the USSR controls Mongolia, parts of China, and everything in central Asia up to the border with the rejuvenated Ottoman Empire, which has been restored to its former glory, spanning North Africa, the Middle East, and parts of southeastern Europe. The Second World War never happened, but Imperial Japan still hungered for resources and invaded the surrounding area in the 20's, 30's, and 40's, and is now the dominant player in the Pacific. Due to the nature of war in the pre-WW1 era, most Britain and France weren't annexed, but part of eastern France and their colonies were. Spain still holds on to Cuba, but the Philippines and Guam rebelled just in time to be steamrolled by Japan. Hawaii was never annexed by the US or (for some reason) Japan, and is a small independent kingdom. Brazil has annexed some of its neighbors, and Mexico has done the same. European imperialism in Africa is still a big thing in 2016.

What do you guys think? This is Devourer/81st-century Humans, by the way.

I don't care about the non-feasibility of the "rejuvenated Ottoman Empire" scenario, I call dips on Imperial Japan.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates