NATION

PASSWORD

The League of Mechanocracies (Open, MT/PMT/FT, OOC, Signups)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talking behind people's backs

It's cool
47%
It's awesome
19%
It's great
33%

Total votes : 36

Greater Corean Empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Corean Empire » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:25 am

正在停止
Last edited by Greater Corean Empire on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOLY COREAN EMPIRE
신성대한제국
Eternal Momeland
Experiencing major rework, please refer to the following dispatch (WIP)
A work of Gigaverse

Singaporean Transhumans
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Singaporean Transhumans » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:26 am

Greater Corean Empire wrote:
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:we dont accept external incursions into this closed canon sry

oh ok so no supeliol colean lace

别闹了
SYNCRETIC COMBINE - SINKRETIČKE KOMBINAT
Factbook - Trobojka
JEDNOM ZAUVEK - ARMIJA SINKOMSKA

Koyanagi
Secretary

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Koyanagi » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:34 am

Greater Corean Empire wrote:
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:we dont accept external incursions into this closed canon sry

oh ok so no supeliol colean lace

Suth Colera Colean iz 5vk
I haet thir BiKi-Puup

Rael fac bruh
❅❅❅ THE VASSAL STATE OF KOYANAGI ❅❅❅
Puppet of Korona Alliance
- Different Storyline (This is not Korona Alliance)
Projects for Post Alternate World War 2 History
This is what happened, if the Axis Bloc survived the World War II, achieved powerful technologies, and captured Alaska-Canada by the Axis Bloc then formed a Canada Vassal State: Koyanagi.
I DONT USE NS STATS

Federal Union of America
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Union of America » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:14 am

If anyone would be interested in occupying a shared canon with me, feel free to make a puppet and ask me. I know Giga wants Imperial Japan and her colonies, and that's fine, but keep in mind that the canon will only go as far as mid-PMT, but will often take place in PT and MT settings.

That's all. TG me if you might be interested.

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 am

Hey Vis, I bet you'll love the latest addition to my ships factbook. Guess what? It's a jellyfish.
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Aterrian Union
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aterrian Union » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 am

The Great Devourer of All wrote:Hey Vis, I bet you'll love the latest addition to my ships factbook. Guess what? It's a jellyfish.

WE DON'T USE NS STATS!!
Tier 0, Type X Civilization.
☭☭ CNN Daily News ☭☭: Production in Sector #49028 is 900% too high this quarter.
Apparently, some people think this:
Novsvacro wrote:The above nation is a pseudo-fascist dictatorship with an emphasis on collective identity and the supreme authority of the collective will, manifest in the State.
However, we tolerate most ideologies, and you are free to do what you like!

Ultimate Kyronia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Kyronia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:57 am

The Great Devourer of All wrote:Hey Vis, I bet you'll love the latest addition to my ships factbook. Guess what? It's a jellyfish.

I already know it.
❅❅❅ ULTIMATE KORONA NETWORK ❅❅❅
Lifeboat Puppet of Korona Alliance

All Koronaverse going to this Kyronia
I DONT USE NS STATS
PT-FanT: ROURAN DYNASTY
MT-PMT: KOYANAGI VASSAL
FT: ULTIMATE KYRONIA/KORONA

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:07 am

Ultimate Kyronia wrote:

I already know it.

Hence why I was speaking primarily to Vistora, who generally recoils at the sight of my factbooks or the mention of my military.

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Aterrian Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aterrian Union » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:07 am

The Great Devourer of All wrote:
Ultimate Kyronia wrote:
I already know it.

Hence why I was speaking primarily to Vistora, who generally recoils at the sight of my factbooks or the mention of my military.

Of course, the guy addicted to realism.
WE DON'T USE NS STATS!!
☭☭ CNN Daily News ☭☭: Production in Sector #49028 is 900% too high this quarter.
Novsvacro wrote:The above nation is a pseudo-fascist dictatorship with an emphasis on collective identity and the supreme authority of the collective will, manifest in the State.

Exoatmospheric Britannia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Exoatmospheric Britannia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:08 am

Ultimate Kyronia wrote:
I already know it.

He's not the only one.
The New British Commonwealth
in the 26th Century

The reincarnation of Autocratic Britain.

High PMT/really low FT, with lots of realism (apart from the occasional humanoid abomination or eldritch starship) and other things.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:10 am

Aterrian Union wrote:

Well, PMT is the chemical in the drug that makes it addictive, so I don't blame him. The bits of lore I've created in my head for my own PMT puppet, Europe 2099 (imaginative name, I know), have created pieces of a world that looks pretty interesting so far.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:11 am

Exoatmospheric Britannia wrote:

He's not the only one.

Well then, I invite any and all nations with even the tiniest dose of realism in their canons to peek at my factbooks and become nauseated with disgust.

Also, ignore all the figures for armaments/complements I have written down, I was stupid and lazy and used raw length instead of surface area of volume when calculating, and I've been far too lazy to change them back. If you want more accurate figures, ask me and I'll TG you the compilation of ships that Multiversal Venn-Copard has made for his Omniversal War fanfic.
Last edited by The Great Devourer of All on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exoatmospheric Britannia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Exoatmospheric Britannia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:17 am

Aterrian Union wrote:Of course, the guy addicted to realism.

Well, PMT is the chemical in the drug that makes it addictive, so I don't blame him. The bits of lore I've created in my head for my own PMT puppet, Europe 2099 (imaginative name, I know), have created pieces of a world that looks pretty interesting so far.

FT realism can also be fun. The problem is no one really does realistic FT, so you end up being severely underpowered, at least most of the time anyway.
in the 26th Century

High PMT/really low FT, with lots of realism (apart from the occasional humanoid abomination or eldritch starship) and other things.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:20 am

FT realism can also be fun. The problem is no one really does realistic FT, so you end up being severely underpowered, at least most of the time anyway.

Agreed. Plus, there's the whole thing about writing detailed factbooks explaining how everything works and doing some research into the science behind various elements of FT, and then no one really taking the time to read them.

Exoatmospheric Britannia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Exoatmospheric Britannia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:21 am

Exoatmospheric Britannia wrote:FT realism can also be fun. The problem is no one really does realistic FT, so you end up being severely underpowered, at least most of the time anyway.

Agreed. Plus, there's the whole thing about writing detailed factbooks explaining how everything works and doing some research into the science behind various elements of FT, and then no one really taking the time to read them.

Precisely the reason I haven't written any proper factbooks yet. I intend to get around to it eventually, but I'm in no hurry.
in the 26th Century

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:23 am

Precisely the reason I haven't written any proper factbooks yet. I intend to get around to it eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

Good, because you made some wild claims to one of my puppets about your orbital weapons easily killing off invincible 40-story Kaiju.

Exoatmospheric Britannia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Exoatmospheric Britannia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:25 am

Exoatmospheric Britannia wrote:Precisely the reason I haven't written any proper factbooks yet. I intend to get around to it eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

Good, because you made some wild claims to one of my puppets about your orbital weapons easily killing off invincible 40-story Kaiju.

Are they laserproof? Because if so, then I suppose I probably couldn't.
in the 26th Century

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 am

The Great Devourer of All wrote:Good, because you made some wild claims to one of my puppets about your orbital weapons easily killing off invincible 40-story Kaiju.

Are they laserproof? Because if so, then I suppose I probably couldn't.

Well, Godzilla is pretty much everything-proof if we're going by the older movies, but yes, 2014 Godzilla can survive most lasers. However, many of the weaker Kaiju probably can't. If you're wondering, the puppet I'm talking about is Kaiju Kingdom.

Federal Union of America
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Union of America » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:14 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=368451

In case it spurs an interest in RPing in a shared canon like I suggested upthread, here you go.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:16 am

Federal Union of America wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=368451

In case it spurs an interest in RPing in a shared canon like I suggested upthread, here you go.

just when i was about to go2sleep and prepare 4 first day in busiest-half-of-a-year in my school life evah

gr8
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Federal Union of America
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Union of America » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:17 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Federal Union of America wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=368451

just when i was about to go2sleep and prepare 4 first day in busiest-half-of-a-year in my school life evah

gr8

Sry m8.

Aterrian Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aterrian Union » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:19 am

CSA? The Confederates?
WE DON'T USE NS STATS!!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:22 am

Aterrian Union wrote:

CSA? The Confederates?

Yup. Look upthread at my puppet's first post in the LoM. It's alternate history stuff.

Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:36 am

Aterrian Union wrote:

*crush*
*crush*
*crush*

*SNOOOORT*

The Great Devourer of All wrote:Hence why I was speaking primarily to Vistora, who generally recoils at the sight of my factbooks or the mention of my military.

He's not the only one.

I still have a bone to pick with that laser of yours. Looking at the source code for that calculator of yours, it doesn't account for ablated plasma getting in the way of the laser, which shortens its effective penetration by orders of magnitude. By my estimate, a pulse of that power and time would drill perhaps three kilometers into the crust. An laser with similar energy output but much lower power would get farther, as it would allow some time for the plasma to escape. Your laser, on the other hand, would create periodic massive explosions just below the surface. Still very effective (perhaps even against Godzilla), but no drilling through the earth.

I might be interested. I'll give it a look.

Exoatmospheric Britannia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Exoatmospheric Britannia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 am

Vistora wrote:
Exoatmospheric Britannia wrote:He's not the only one.

I still have a bone to pick with that laser of yours. Looking at the source code for that calculator of yours, it doesn't account for ablated plasma getting in the way of the laser, which shortens its effective penetration by orders of magnitude. By my estimate, a pulse of that power and time would drill perhaps three kilometers into the crust. An laser with similar energy output but much lower power would get farther, as it would allow some time for the plasma to escape. Your laser, on the other hand, would create periodic massive explosions just below the surface. Still very effective (perhaps even against Godzilla), but no drilling through the earth.

It's the best calculator I can find, although it would be nice to have one that can calculate all the other effects of an orbital laser weapon.
in the 26th Century

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates