NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 38- Peeto, Polkopia [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 am

22-NormandyandPicardy
Julia Estiendre - Come On People
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnBZwm4wqQ

Julia is a 27 year old singer and campaigner from Bayeux, a large town. She has taken part in protests since she was young, and campaigns for peace as well as the protection of the environment. In this song, Julia wants to rally the multiverse against the violence and madness that we see and help change peoples perceptions. She has written this song by herself; she is also a songwriter and 7 songs written by her have made the Normand top 10. After the success of the last two contests, the new BNRT decided to create a national final process so the people could have their say. Julia entered with her song, Come On People, which is to perform here at Worldvision. She was up against steep competition, including ethnic song "Ota kut adorable ega" but in the end she managed to win. She had never expected to get this far and was understandibly nervous, but was still going to produce the best performance of her life, or at least that is what she told herself as she waited to go on stage. She and her backing singers had been practicing for months, and it had all come down to this. It was time for her to perform...

The stadium is pitch black as everything is set up, and the audience wait in anticipation. They have heard the song and can't wait to see it live. Suddenly, the lights flash on as the music begins, flashing gently so as not to blind the audience, and keep on doing so to the beat of the music. Julia is stood in the middle at her microphone stand, whereas her backing dancers imitate soldiers as they "march" onto the stage in their uniforms.

Come on people, do what is right
Come on people, do what you must

As the verse begins, the backing singers reach their microphones and stop marching. The lights stop flashing as Julia begins to sing. The background shows gold, oriental-looking flower patterns on a burgundy background, Julia's logo. As she begins singing, the audience cheers before settling down to listen to the song.

I don't know what you've been thinking
But I know what I've been dreaming
Of a world where people can be free
To make their own choices and do what they wish

Two men walk onto the stage in millitary regalia, one on each side of the stage, to two large drums. Julia takes the microphone from the stand and, with the confidence instilled in her from the verse, walks slowly towards the front of the stage, singing as she does. By the time the chorus begins, she is at the front.
And I have a message
Never give in
Light a beacon
Of hope in your heart
And make sure that no one is ever alone

The two men begin to play the drums as the chorus begins. Julia gets the audience to wave their arms in time to the music as she sings.
We can stop the madness that we see
We have the power to stop it
So why don't we?
Fight for love and freedom

The drums become louder as the backing singers sing. Julia shouts ,"Come on Worldvision" as she returns to her microphone stand, never turning her back
Come on people, do what is right
Come on people, do what you must
Come on people, fight for your rights
Before they are taken from you

As the verse begins, the background changes to show scenes of war, but also people helping those in need, to show the audience what could be done.
In a world of death and violence
We've got to try and make a difference
We can't stand aside whilst others die
For being themselves and what they believe in

Julia walks toward the front once more, taking the stand with her. She does this fluidly, rather than the millitaristic movements of her backing singers or the drummers. As she sings the last line before the chorus, she channels her confidence and power.
We can't stand aside
Never give in

As the chorus begins, the background returns to its floral pattern. The same happens as in the last chorus.
We can stop the madness that we see
So why don't we?
Fight for love and freedom

As the chorus ends, the lights dim. Smoke begins to create a thin layer on the stage and Julia begins to look mysterious. She sings with real belief in herself and what she is saying. The audience use the flashlights on their phones or applicable devices as they do at concerts, and they wave their arms. Halfway through, the lights brighten slightly and turn red.
In a world of violence
Find some love in your heart
We have to stop the pain
That others have to feel
We must stop it
Before it's too late
So why don't we?
We have to make sure that no one is ever alone

As the chorus begins, the lights flash once more. Julia begins to be very slowly lifted up, her dress trailing behind her. The audience look at the scene in amazement and continue to wave their arms. However, towards the end, she returns to the stage.
We can stop the madness, we can stop the madness, we can stop the madness that we see
So why don't we? (We can stop the madness, we can stop the madness)
We must fight for love and freedom
We can stop the madness, we can stop the madness, we can stop the madness that we see

Julia returns and raises her fist, as if leading people on to victory in some revolution. As the song ends, the crowd cheers, showing their appreciation.
Come on people!
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:45 am

23 - Elejamie

(Monochrome Haze - She Didn’t Care About You)

ImageImage
Monochrome Haze: Patrós Frasiéré (top), Mark Hanton (bottom)

Monochrome Haze is a Pracib-Elejamian duo consisting of Patrós Frasiéré (born 1974) and Mark Hanton (born 1976). Formed in 1998, the Indietronica/New Wave duo are well known for Frasiéré’s avant-garde instrumentalism, as well Hanton’s soulful singing voice and eccentric stage presence.

Born as the oldest son of Praciba's most prolific generals, Henrico Frasiéré, Patrós was instilled with an urge to impress his father, who was deemed a hero by most of the nation. Finishing first in his high school class, he was recruited by the engineers, one of Praciba's more prestigious parts of the military. Enlisting for a period of four years, partly of which he admits was to impress his father, he won various medals during his service, including several for his ability to survive long periods of time without supplies, the so-called Guerrilla Challenge medal. Finishing with full honors, he felt the need to travel the world to search for his true passion, music. Turning his end-of-service bonus to a one-way surprise plane ticket and some travel supplies, he began a two-year tour of the world, earning just enough money through his street music to travel to a different part, often having to resort on travelling in cargo crates or waste disposal barges.

Mark Hanton was born in Edgebaston on April 6th, 1976. Always a keen musician, he taught himself how to play the bass at the age of 13 and keyboards at the age of 15. After moving to Avon in 1994, he joined a series of bands, most notably Cairo, an electronic-jazz-funk ensemble. After being taught how to sing in late 1996/early 1997, he left Cairo and formed Augmn, a solo project he ran until 2004. Mark has a younger brother, Ben (born 1980), who is currently a player/manager for the ENIHL 2 team Edgebaston Shamrocks.

The two met in mid 1998, when Frasiéré was in Elejamie, as part of his hitch-hiking tour around the world. Impressed by his musical prowess, Hanton asked him if he would want to work on a project together. Patrós agreed and, thus Monochrome Haze was born, combining Mark’s conventional style with Patrós’ experimental street-inspired tunes.

Beginning with their debut album Chronic Melancholy and Amnesiac Delusions, released in 1999, the duo has received plenty of critical and commercial success. A second album, Drop It!, followed in 2001. But it wasn’t until 2004 that they made it big, with their album Now I Am Become Dance, which spawned the #1 smash hit She Moves So Slow, notable for its music video, in which Mark and Patrós try to impress a girl (played by Mark’s sister in law) by having a dance battle in a club. A fourth album, Sluggin’ for NEAB, came in 2007, followed by a remix album in 2008.

In 2010, they released their fifth album Electric Super-Ants Invade UK; named after a bizarre newspaper headline they saw over the internet, the album was mostly a tongue-in-cheek parody of B-movies from the 1950s and 60s. Although the album received some criticism due to it sounding different to their previous releases, fans soon warmed to it and consider it one of their best. Their sixth album, Silver Road, is to be released on April 20th, 2015.

Frasiéré became an Elejamian citizen in 2001, shortly before the release of their second album. The two entered a civil partnership the following year and, following its legalisation in 2009, became one of the first couples to upgrade to a same-sex marriage. Together, they have two children: Francisco (born 2003), born via surrogate; and Andrea (born 2001), whom they adopted in 2007. Aside from their music career, Patrós and Mark are co-owners and occasional brewers of Legionnaires Beer, a company they started with a few friends.

Following the cancellation of Elejamievision, the old Elejamian national final, ETV try to find someone to turn things round. After Electric Blue pulled out due to prior commitments, they managed to find an alternative - Monochrome Haze, a dance duo consisting of Mark Hanton and Patrós Frasiéré.

When he was asked about his upcoming WorldVision experience on Cerin’s Thoughts, an entertainment-based program on talk station Blabbermouth Radio, Patrós said: “I'm just doing it for my children, you know. That when they see us on television, they can proudly say that those two men are their daddies! That and the glory, of course. I see it as a true accomplishment in my life to have come from traveling the world with nothing more than the stuff on my back to being sent as a representative of a whole nation. It's really terrific to feel all that love, joy and support from both our Elejamian and Pracib supporters. “Praß to us!”

Mark, on the other hand, said “I’m mostly doing this for the art. I heard about what happened to Sataeveni in Regica and I realised what the problem was. A soft crooning song just doesn’t really feel right for the competition, so Patrós and I kicked it into high gear and tried to come up with something that’ll exceed expectations. Maybe it will be loved by the audience, maybe it won’t. Maybe it will receive a lot of points, maybe it won’t. None of that really matters to me, as I want to go out there and put on a show.”

The stage was all dark, with the only things being visible being a silhouette of Patrós behind what appeared to be a desk and Mark, both arms stretched wide with one hand clutching an upside down microphone. In the darkness, Patrós picked up the turntable stylus and placed it down on the record - the record had nothing on it, but it was set it up in a way that the audience would be able to hear it. A couple of seconds later, as the music began, the stage got lighter (but still shrouded in darkness) and Mark began dancing erratically, per usual. The moment the [digital] violins kicked in, the stage was immediately bathed in a bright light.

Here the audience could see that Mark was dressed in a light grey suit with a pink shirt and was holding your standard microphone. Patrós, meanwhile, was wearing a dark grey pinstripe suit with a white shirt. He was behind his workstation; which was basically just a lightweight yet durable desk, which had a computer, two keyboards and the record player. The desk also had a massive rainbow flag painted on it, which could easily be removed if necessary.

Mark then put the microphone between his teeth; almost as if he was about to eat it. He then pulled out his phone from his pocket, turned it on its side and opened up the camera app. He then stretched his arms in front of him, so that the finished photo would be of him and the audience behind him. He then pressed the button, pretty much taking a WorldVision selfie. He then put his phone back in his pocket, put the microphone back in his hand and began singing.

Tell the truth because I want to know
Was this the way you wanted things to go?
Forget about her ‘cos she broke your heart
And don’t forget she tried to tear us apart

He then ran into the audience and put his arm around a random member. He then looked towards the stage and sang the next bit.

And I love you, you know it
Do you feel the same way too?

Just as the chorus started, he let go of the audience member and got back onto the stage, still singing and without missing a beat.

I'm here for you
But I thought you knew
To be true
She didn’t care about you
Thought you knew
And I thought you knew
To be true

During the instrumental break, he danced around a bit, performing some moves that could best be described as “a weird cross between disco and jazzercise”. He then threw the microphone high up in the air, performed an axle turn and caught it in time to sing the next verse without any problems. a move he had been practicing for three weeks - with a few broken microphones to boot - but, thankfully, he managed to pull it off at the end.

Tell me please, I just want to be sure
This is something you cannot ignore
And you know it, just say it
I think you feel the same way too

He then lowered his head briefly. He then lifted it back up as the chorus began. As he was singing it, he kept walking around on stage.

I'm here for you
But I thought you knew
To be true
Thought you knew
And I thought you knew
To be true

As he repeated the chorus, he performed a variation of the C-walk; the only difference being that he was trying to spell the word “Haze” with his feet.

I'm here for you
But I thought you knew
To be true
Thought you knew
On our way back home
And I thought you knew
To be true

As the song came to an end, Mark winded the dancing down a little and then pointed towards the ceiling. As he was pointing, the lights - from left to right - changed from a bright white to a dark blue. Once they were all a dark blue, they turned themselves off (again, from left to right) until the stage was covered in darkness, the only things being visible are silhouettes of Mark still pointing and Patrós behind his workstation. Just before the song was finally over, he lowered his arm and his head.

When it was over, the lights came back on and the audience applauded. Patrós ran over to Mark and the two of them kissed. It was a brief kiss, but the two of them added to it by flipping off a couple of nearby cameras, mostly as a protest against something. Mark then shouted “Thank you, Polkopia, you’ve been a wonderful audience!”

Patrós then leant into the microphone and added “Praß Peeto!” He then disassembled his workstation, which wasn’t difficult due to how he designed and manufactured it, and carried it off-stage, walking alongside Mark.

• ENIHL is short for Elejamian National Ice Hockey League. The highest level is ENIHL 1 (which is usually shortened to just ENIHL), followed by ENIHL 2. There is also a woman’s league (ENWIHL) and a junior league (ENJIHL).
  • A special thank you to Praciba, who helped me out with this entry.
Last edited by Elejamie on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 am

24. EKOZ
Zara Vosterup - Be Apart

Zara Vosterup, winner of the hugely popular 'Ekoes Soekke vor Winaar with her single 'Be Apart', of which is currently at the #1 spot on the Ekoesestoplistann Charts has enjoyed a variable amount of previous success, taking part in the Ekozian version of the X-Factor. This is her first international performance. After WorldVision, she plans to release an album; the international distribution of the album will depend on her success at WorldVision

Zara is centre stage in a raised black rectangular box on the stage. Inside the box, of which is a few inches deep, contains water. Behind Zara, wearing a white crop top with the number 24 on it, and and white shorts and red heeled boots, are 5 male shirtless dancers, in a pyramid formation behind Zara.

On either side of the stage are 6 giant glass containers with neon and LED lights with water that react to the beat of the music. Three are on either side of the stage. The lighting onstage is dark, with the water box and the giant LED glass containers in vision.

Zara looks out to the audience, holds up microphone and starts to sing...

Do you remember, the nights of summer,
Just you and me?
Under the moonlight, we danced through the night,
Living our fantasy,
We woke to sunrise, those bright blue skies,
Right next to you,
You leaned in, I leaned in,
then we both made love.

[i]As the music changes, the dancers then surround Zara, the water box and the LED containers start to light and react to the music.

You held me and told me you’re my guy,
I didn’t believe you and don’t know why?

As the beat grows more intense throughout the chorus, the camera pans to the audience before zooming directly in on Zara's face, before panning out to her body and revealing the dancers.

“We’ll never be apart baby, never be apart.
(Never will I leave you)
Never be apart baby, never be apart,
(Never will I lose you)”
It was never true, you never wanted it just me and you.
That’s why I’m losing you, you never realised just what you got….
(Goodbye)

As the EDM part starts, the camera pans to the entire stage revealing the contrainers LED water moving up and down in different colours. Strobe lighting surrounds the arena whilst Zara and her dancers start their dance routine. The aggressive dance routine also shows the water moving from inside the rectangular box. See here for a visualisation

As the dance routine finishes, Zara is in the middle of her dancers, visibly wet. The dancers surround her in a semi-circle formation, behind her.

See you with her, touching her fingers in that new bar,
I pull over, fix my hair then get out of my car,
I walk right over whilst she’s sat all on her own,
Told her she’s nothing; that should look at his phone.
This has never ever been like me? Am I enraged with jealousy?

I’m fighting for someone who’s not mine,
I’m fighting for someone who told lies.

As Zara begins the chorus, she maintains stationary in the middle of the rectangular box. Her dancers start shuffling left and right in a choreographed fashion behind her while she sings. The LED containers behind to alight and become more fast-paced.

“We’ll never be apart baby, never be apart.
(Never will I leave you)
Never be apart baby, never be apart,
(Never will I lose you)”
It was never true, you never wanted it just me and you.
That’s why I’m losing you, you never realised just what you got….
(Goodbye)

Like the last EDM dance break, Zara and her dancers start an aggressive and fast-paced dance routine. The strobe lighting continues, along with a pyrotechnic golden shower behind her. As she finishes the dance routine, a a huge bang can hear and around the stage, fire is momentarily visible. Zara's hair, clothes and dancers are wet, but smiling. She then steps off the rectangular platform, and starts to laugh, smiling with her dancers.

Zara: Thank-you sooo much! Thank-you Polkopia! Taak-se Ekoes!!
Last edited by Ekoz on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:38 am

_25. _TÖDLICHEBUJOKU_

Scandalous!
From the left: Kichiro, Jani, Alberto, and Klaas

Alberto Tanzer, Kichiro Schultheiß, Jani Otto, and Klaas Aakster make up the boy band OransSky. Created a few years ago by an increasingly successful music production company, the group rocketed to fame after a performance at a nationally-popular reality show. With Tödlichebujoku's recent successes and high rankings, and the increasing popularity of homosexuality in WorldVision (as evidenced by Russadonia and Praciba's massive social media presence and Russadonia's recent win), TÖBUK decided to take a chance and send in a "scandalous"-ly sexual and unique entry with the similarly sexual and unique OransSky. The broadcaster's decision to do so was met with a wave of support from OransSky's wide-ranging fanbase- which, while largely limited to Tödlichebujoku and the Pracib sphere of influence, was enough to pack a surprisingly large part of the stadium for a foreign event.

Luckily, the bloody events that occurred previously did not affect them, due to a strange incident involving an exhibitionist fairy. With a good part of the roaring fanbase attending, OransSky at least has an enthusiastic audience at Peeto.

A blue flash shoots across the stage. The lights brighten, revealing a row of stalls toward the back of the stage. Alberto is the only member of OransSky to be seen
Hei WorldVision, it's OransSky!
Translation:

As he sings, a stall door swings open to reveal two of the members in the middle of a highly unusual, seemingly sexual act
You know, it's time for you to break free
You know, it's time for you to taste me

From the next stall over, thunderous orgasmic roars erupt
Rrrng UUUUNGH
RRRNG UUNGH

Alberto enters a stall as Kichiro exits the open stall and sings the next lines
So true
So true
Break through
For you, oh

The stall that had been host to the loud cry of joy bursts open, and Jani and Klaas join Kichiro. The lights brighten, and Alberto comes out of his own stall, bearing an ice cream cone with a few scoops of white ice cream on top, which the other OransSky members lick as he passes by
We're so
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Licking ice cream
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Filled with man cream
Just a small team
Chasing daydreams

As Alberto licks the ice cream himself, the entire stack of scoops falls to the floor and glides off the stage, leaving Alberto holding what is revealed to be a dildo. He throws it to the audience as the lights focus on Jani, who begins
I want to grind on ya
Yeah I'd grind on ya

The other members begin humping each other while standing in a line
You like that
A bit delirious

OransSky, OransSky

Jani joins his group-mates
I'm gonna grind on ya
Gonna grind on ya

You'll like that
Te olette äußerst houreinen
You're extremely delirious

He turns to the camera with a dopey grin, and picks up a filled shot glass from a conveniently-placed table and downs it in a gulp. He distributes another three from the table to his fellow group members, and the background screen shows a large array of drinks spilling and mixing with one other
Drunk as f*ck now

OransSky turns back to the audience and everything brightens again
We're so
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Living wet dreams
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Filled with man cream
We're a small team
Chasing daydreams

They turn around and moon and twerk at the audience, at which point all of their clothing except for a pair of skimpy colored briefs remains on each of them. OransSky's fanbase erupts into joy at the sight of their attractively muscled bodies, causing a maelstrom of excitement on social media. The members of OransSky then turn back toward the audience and gyrate suggestively, and the camera captures Jani's prominent bulge
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Bending over
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Not quite sober
We're all lovers
With big boners

OransSky, OransSky

The lights dim to a single spotlight on Klaas, who steps forward
Hey Peeto, we hope you're having a great time... and glad you've made it this far!

OransSky, OransSky

Klaas steps back, and continues as the others withdraw to the back of the stage. A scantily-clad female dancer slinks up next to him, and suggestively whirls around his similarly scantily-clad body
Feelin' too great today
Had a bit too much
Love that sh*t
I love it all

Klaas "vomits" onto her (which is of course not actual vomit), then spits some more out (OOC: imagine a retching sound instead of a laughing one), then stumbles away
UGH ACH ACH UGH
UGH ACH ACH UGH
UGH ACH ACH UGH ACH ACH UGH

Jani bursts into the spotlight
It's so scandalous!

The rest of OransSky, including a wiped-down Klaas, is illuminated. They then disperse around the stage, showing off their bodies and bulges. As the last stanza ends, they come back together
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Living wet dreams
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Filled with man cream
We're a small team
Chasing daydreams

Sca-sca-scandalous!
Bending over
Sca-sca-scandalous!
Not quite sober
We're all lovers
With big boners

The camera zooms in on their rods, all clearly outlined within their briefs

"KIITOS PEETO!" they shout in unison. "Thank you so much!"
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:42 am

BNRT
Worldvision 38, MondeVis 38

Bonjanesa and welcome to Worldvision 38, the carnival of the insane and the overtly camp full of death, destruction and feathers. Who ever thought this idea was a good one deserves to be killed in the most painful way possible and then the body paraded publicly. We are in a strange place in a strange country to watch a strange contest in which everyone seems to not have their own culture as it is mostly generic songs in English that are awfully similar to one another. Don't get me wrong, some of the songs are half-decent but most make a dying cat sound beautiful. We should actually send that at some point, or at least Brittanny should. Prepare to be underwhelmed by the lack of talent and inability to actually sing from most of the contestants, and watch the biggest clown be crowned winner, although they deserve to have a dunce's cap. I hope I haven't waffled on too much. Let's let the freak show begin...
Opening Act
What was that monstrosity? I am having to clear the blood from my ears as we speak, and my head is still ringing. That was an abomination of music, and we -luckily, for I don't want to dwell on this...this...I don't know what to call it - move on to the first act.

1 - Yttribia
I must say that I really like it. It's the perfect song to calm my ears after that disaster of an opening and I hope the music stays at this quality all night.

2 - Vampirum
One word can describe this; generic. It's not the worst I've ever heard, but neither is it the best. Need I say anymore?

3 – Talvezout
What a masterpiece. Before the contest, this was my favourite, and the performance has done it proud. This should stand out and do well, and even though I couldn’t understand it, I loved it. Unfortunately, as always happens with my favourites, they get forgotten and end up badly. Still, this should get points from us, unless you lot at home are as bad as everyone else in the multiverse. Hopefully, we have some taste among all these peoples who haven’t ever heard good music. Back to the song then. The lyrics, when I read the translation, were good, the staging was fantastic and the singer herself sang the song perfectly for me. When the time comes, for all those idiots who last time voted too early, after all the acts have performed, pick up your phones and vote for Song 3.

4 – Esta Lloviendo
What was that? Horrible, just horrible, and even worse than the opening act. This really should never been let out from the insane asylum it seems to have come from.

5 – Gregoryisgodistan
Is it over yet? It is? Good, I never want to hear that again. How absolutely dreadful, but what do you expect from a man who claims to be god. Surely “his” people would realise that he is not the “Lord Almighty” he claims to be. Apart from that, the lyrics are offensive to the Sanctii, the song took god knows how long to get started, and when it got started it never seemed to stop. And they killed people on stage. How absolutely distasteful, not to mention that is mass murder. This song should never have been allowed to enter, for all of our sakes.

6 – Gregory Llama Land
The music, I liked. But who was that hag who was singing? She looked like she had been dead for hundreds of years and dug up by this country to enter because no one wanted to. Sure, eye-candy won’t tempt me one bit, but I was revolted by her. Also, why should I care about her birthday? She should be celebrating it at the old peoples’ home. And she forgot her words, at which point I wish she had given up and walked of stage and spared my eyes.

7 – Mister X
This is what I call GR, which means Generic Rubbish. My ears were violated by this awful attempt at music that should have never been made. They should have been left in WV29, rather than dusted and thrown on stage with this mess which deserves to be down there with that awful hag. Also, most of the song was just gibberish. Catchy gibberish but still gibberish. The lyrics could have been generated by a computer, and probably were; either that or they were written by a child. Knowing you lot though, this will do well.

8 – Missus X
Finally, he has realised what trauma he has caused to WorldVision fans over what seems like forever. I don’t care if he is moaning about his career; if he was so concerned about it he shouldn’t have entered in the first place. That and he shouldn’t have sung the rubbish he has sung in the past. And no, I don’t want another 7 years of this man and his rubbish. Can we just quickly move onto some more music so I can forget this?

9 – Britonisea
The music was certainly different to a lot of what you will here tonight, and that is its saving grace, as the lyrics are awful and the staging is at best mediocre. A good song that may do well or may not.

10 – Polkopia
Here we have the host nation, with another piece of GR. Generic Lyrics, Generic Music, Generic everything. I was hoping for something better, especially after their monstrosity of an opening song, but it never materialised. I hated this song and with good reason, and it deserves to be forgotten and left at the foot of the table, along with the other GRs. I know the audience applauded, but that is just because they are a bunch of sheep who have been brainwashed to like this sort of crap.

11 – Teague
This woman seriously needs a new tailor, a new vocal box and new music, and this was absolutely dreadful. The song sounded horrendous, the staging was lacking and her voice wasn’t that great. Another bad song from this nation, but – as they always seem to do – they will do well, because nobody understands what music actually is.

12 – Electrum
I loved this! It’s a flashback to my childhood certainly. Finally Electrum, you have delivered us a good entry, rather than the rubbish you have sent previously. Not as good as Talvezout, but very deserving of points tonight. This is a brilliant song with excellent music, yet the lyrics were a bit too generic and the staging was okay.

13 – EDO
As a socialist nation which doesn't directly follow Marx, some of the criticisms are good. However, this blatant attack on left wing politics is unnecessary and uncalled for. Political ideology should be left out of the contest, lest it become a breeding ground for hating anything other than the dreadful music that we are forced to endure. I will say, however, the music for the this one was enjoyable and was OK, but the message destroyed it.

14 – Silkjd

15 – SMA
Nope, didn’t like that one at all. I don’t really want to say much more about this and I just want to forget this happened.

16 – The Kingdom of Coreyo
Didn’t I hear this at WHF? (He checks and after two seconds looks back up at the cameras). Yeah, I did, and as if once wasn’t enough they have decided to launch an assault on my eardrums again. This is a classic example of GR that I want to slowly die like it deserves to. If this was a dog, I would have put it down after just 10 seconds. This is another piece of rubbish tainting this song contest.

17 – Chameliya
The singer appeared to be like a totoise stuck on its back for most of the song. Apart from that, I loved this song.

18 – The Sword Bloke
That was a strange one, a very strange one. To be honest, I'm not too sure what that was. The music was alright but the lyrics...I'm not even going to talk about them.

19 – Skulltrenia

20 – Dreamplanet
What a beautiful song with a beautiful message. This is among the best so far, although that isn’t exactly that hard considering the quality of the music that we have seen tonight. This deserves to do well, and I hope sincerely that it does.

21 – Brittanny
The music was perfect, the lyrics were decent for a religious song and the pole dancers/backing singers...well...you know... they were... Anyways, a good song that will unfortunately be passed over, and I might just inquire about their church. It does sound rather nice after all.

22 – Normandy and Picardy
So that was our entry, a disappointing piece of GR. If you remember, I hosted Alo Contjalest Esa Poual Chantjal, and I really didn’t want this to win. But, here we are and that was the entry you voted for. It may do well, it may not, but it doesn’t deserve to win. The lyrics were its redeeming feature, but the music wasn't that great.

23 - Elejamie
Was that music or was that something slowly and painfully dying? I'm not too sure, but the thing I am sure of is that this was dreadful. If you thought this nation would do better than last time then you are most likely disappointed right now?

24 - Ekoz
Generic Pop, but done well. I ever so slightly liked this one, but it is nowhere near the best so far. Not a winner, as far as I see, but I wouldn't be surprised if this does well with you lot at home.

25 - Todlichebujoku
Ummm... My thoughts on this one... That was...strange(Gathers composure)Well, the lyrics are unique, certainly, the music is better than a lot I've heard tonight, but what is with their group's name? I wouldn't suggest voting for this song, but it's your vote so do whatever you want with it, as long as that old hag doesn't get points, or the anti-communists.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:37 am, edited 10 times in total.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:59 am

TRTOne Worldvision #39 Commentary
Commentators are Jon Turney and Florence Arc.

Jon: Well, hello and welcome to Peeto, home of Worldvision #38! I'm Jon Turney, and I got brought here apparently because the last two commentators got married.
Florence: Yes, and they're on their honeymoon now. So, I'm Florence Arc, and let's get this show started!

Opening Act

Jon: Oh mein gott. What was that.
Florence: I'm scared.
Jon: This is why we don't have a army any more I guess...

01 - Yttribia

02 - Vampirium

03 - Talvezout
Florence: That was... fiery? Demonic?
Jon: I have the weirdest feeling that we're not gonna do well this competition.
Florence: People like the song. I guess it's just too much...?
Jon: I don't know, but up next is Esta Lloviendo.

04 - Esta Lloviendo
Florence: We're screwed.

05 - Gregoryisgodistan
Jon: This just in folks. Killing has become kinda cliche.
Florence: At least we were repaired this time. Told no native Talvezians to come here.
Jon: To be fair at least, I've heard that the Sanctii folks are rather unpleasant...

06 - Gregory Llama Land
Florence: Gertrude Pullman, is that you?
Jon: It appeases that her Gregorian counterpart has taken to singing.
Florence: Still, congrats to her. 80 years and counting.
Jon: Songwise, it's pretty nice. Comedic genius, possibly.
Florence:[ If there's one thing I noticed here, it's that security guards never like old ladies...

07 - Mister X
Jon: A boy band and a girl band this year.
Florence: This a nice little song. A little too sweet, but nice.

08 - Missus X
Florence & Jon: *silence*

09 - Britonsea
Florence: Well, it's absolutely lovely to see them back again.
Jon: Good song too.
Florence: Overall, an enjoyable return by Britonsea.

10 - Polkopia
Jon: Host nation performance. Not that bad, you think?
Florence: Main problem is that it's a wee bit generic.
Last edited by Talvezout on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:05 am, edited 9 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Britonish Commentary of the WorldVision Song Contest 38

Postby Britonisea » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:06 am

Live Coverage of the WorldVision Song Contest 38 held in Peeto, Polkopia.

With your hosts, Jonaton Willis (J) and Kelsy Butterton (K)

[Teeth Advert; Official Titles of WorldVision Song Contest]

J: Hello! I am Jonaton Willis!
K: Hello, I am Kelsy Butterton.
J: So, you're probably wondering why we are here and not your average Britonish Musician?
K: Well, we kicked them out and we'll be taking over your WorldVision Experience for the next couple of Contests before putting in a vote to start a six-consecutive broadcast with us.
J: Kelsy, let's talk about Polkopia.
K: Yes, last time the Polkopians won was in Yttribia, Worldvision 35 where they got an outstanding 125 points, brilliant!
J: Yes, remember, that was Britonisea's 5th place too, Yttribia did a lot for us that Contest!
K: Get over that, that was 3 contests ago, before that, Polkopia won in WorldVision Song Contest 30- with 113 points.
J: That was one contest before we joined and created controversy.
K: Yes, but No. In WorldVision 30, they held the contest, so they won in their country. Congrats to them.
J: Yep, did you know in WorldVision 25, Polkopia won with 127 points, in their home country?
K: So they have a bit of...a little pattern going on, is that right?
J: So is correct, this group of nations are going to try to abolish that pattern of Polkopia's. So, we are in the Hanisov Stadiona, as thousands poor in, the 60 second clock is up, let's enjoy this moment.
K: Let's get started with the Competition. Let's release our inner sound!

Opening Act

J: What was that?
K: I don't know, luckily for Polkopia, that is not there main song. It is quite...
J: quite...
K: quite...
J: Shall we just carry on?

01- Yttribia

K: Just an average Yttribian song, you know?
J: Yes, something you'd expect from Yttribia.
K: I mean, lyrics better than tune.
J: Yes, I agree with you!

02- Vampirum

J: That was a very interesting performance from a girl group, I like it.
K: What do you mean from a girl group?
J: No, I didn't mean anything by that, don't worry! Hahaha, you are to paranoid, init? Get your head checked out!
K: Shush up! Your annoying; Well done Vampirum.
J: Next, Talvezout! Not too long until Act 9, Britonisea!

03- Talvezout

J: Hmm, interesting?
K: No- It was too slow for me, I just didn't enjoy it.
J: It could get points from Britonisea, I doubt it though.
K: Yes me to, I do doubt it. It was OK, but Iove the language, very much so.
J: Remember, lines are not open until the end of this singing section. Until then, you may go on the website and check out your nations song or even vote.

04- Esta Lloviendo

K: This is what I mean, all over the place. I don't even know which is the melody.
J: Me neither, I don't like it at all.
K: Yes, I don't think a twelve points will come out of this, no.
J: It is like, my head is spinning, please stop the music!
K: Calm down.
J; Next up, Gregoryisgodistan. They have come close to winning, but is this their year?

05- Gregoryisgodistan

K: The only reason I enjoyed that was not because of the lyrics, but because of the tune. That orchestra, and...It was good.
J: I have to agree with you, grand introduction.
K: I think, best song so far.
J: In terms of lyrics, they have some issues they need to sort out.
K: Yes, they have some issues. Next up is Gregory Llama Land.

06- Gregory Llama Land

J: Again, great orchestra and instruments. But the lyrics...
K: Yes, it's like they turn a great song in to a... mess.
J: I mean, give a clap to the 80 year old.
K: Clap Clap, no, she needs to be in a home.
J: Potential gone.
K: Next Song is from Mister X! With a cute boy band.

07- Mister X

J: Long introduction. It's quite interesting, I mean the song isn't their best.
K: No, it isn't. It is in the middle of the road.
J: I agree.
K: I think it's the song, not the lyrics. Nice lyrics.
J: Yep. Britonisea is in 4 minutes, act number nine! Their song is apparently not the greatest.
K: That's a disappointment. Anyway, Act Eight, Missus X.
J: My line!

08- Missus X

(OOC: I love this song)

K: Absolutely amazing song; the actual song, not the lyrics.
J: Well done Missus X.
K: Better than Mister X, I must say.
J: Now, Next it is Britonisea, good luck.

09- Britonisea

J: It is better than thought, right?
K: I guess so.
J: I personally thought the song should be called Kingdom or Kingdom Dome, but the Return goes with Return of Britonisea.
K: Yes, I agree. Other than that, it was stronger than WV31-4. I just hope we get some points.
J: I hope we get a bit of points.

10- Polkopia

J: They're out to do it, again.
K: It is the best song so far. However, I don't want them to win!
J: They can't win! We need to break the trend they have, an annoying trend!
K: DIE!
J: It's Teague.

11- Teague

K: It is good. I mean, good melody and good lyrics, that's all I am saying
J: Yes, true.
K: I think about 5-7 points from Britonisea. If any points come through.
J: That's about correct, K.
K: Shall we move on?
J: Yes, next on the list is, Electrum!

12- Electrum

K: Great Song! Great Great Great!
J: The lyrics are just, okay too.
K: Is this the best song so far?
J: It'll be a fight between Electrum and Polkopia, again.
K: I have to agree with you, I don't think I can doubt that!
J: Next up, Electrum Diplomatic Offices!

13. EDO

K: Fudge bag. No.
J: I agree with you, no. You cannot be speaking about communism and whatever, this is not a good quality to have.
K: Yes, it isn't a good quality to have, and repeating the word doesn't make it better nor worse.
J: Listen we understand you're a diplomatic office...
K: But where is your democracy?
J: The rudeness...
K: Agree.
J: Remember, at the end of the show, please hop on to the WorldVision App to vote your favourite person. Vote soon.
K: Next up is Silkjd

14. Silkjd

J: Is that it?
K: Hmm, yeah. It is alright, in the middle. If they get points from us, expect like a 3.
J: Yes. It was a bit slow; but applicable.
K: Next nation?

15. Silkjd Mainland Asia

K: DISGRACEFUL!
J: DISGUSTING!
K: How dare they burn thy GBK Flag in front of us?
J: They still hate us, those...those people.
K: Get your facts straight Silkjd Mainland Asia! They haven't wiped us out. We're still here, suckers!
J: Absolute maniacs, here's 16, Coreyo.

16. Coreyo

J: It is OK, I guess.
K: Yes, I guess it is ok.
J: In the middle of the road, yes?
K: More like the highway.
J: It's OK.
K: OK.
J: OK.
K: Catchy...

17. Chameliya

J: I didn't like the tune.
K: Lyrics are good otherwise.
J: Yes, good lyrics, bad tune.
K: Good staging, bad tune.
J: At least we agree that if this is voted; expect at least 4 points and at most eight.
K: Next up The Sword Bloke.

18. The Sword Bloke

J: I THOUGHT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYING IN THE BRITONISH TENNIS OPEN RIGHT NOW?
K: Yes, he is supposed to be in the Britonish Tennis Open II
J: OMG, he qualified?
K: Yes, it seems so. He is doing much better than, Jo-hamer- Val-ez. Like woah.
J: He won against Benjamin Shaw easily!
K: Right, um, let's carry on.
J: Is this the same man anyways?

19. Skulltrenia

TBA

20. Dreamplanet

J: Hmmm...Interestingly boring.
K: She is just standing there.
J: I know right.
K: Boring sole.
J: It'll be good if she spiced it up a bit.
K: AGREED!

21. Britanny

J: No.
K: Just no. You don't talk about Churches here. No!
J: Next song.

22. Normandy & Picardy

J: I am sure this is recognisable?
K: It is, I just can't spit it out! haha.
J: Great song, and this is open for an extra category point.
K: Sending a message too...
J: Expect high points from us!
K: Next, Elejamie.

23. Elejamie

J: Interesting melody
K: Correct...
J: Interesting...thing?
K: Correct...
J: And lyrics?
K: Yes, and what else...
J: I don't know.
K: Interesting face. :kiss:
J: :mad:

24. Ekoz

J: Well...They bigged it up for nothing really. I thought it was going to be spectacular, but no.
K: Well, I thought it was actually quite enter-
J: NO! I disliked it.
K: Well I did. Vote for Ekoz.
J: Shh, the vote apps are not up yet...Actually vote now! At least your votes would be counted.
K: Next song please, and apparently the next song includes 18 plus scenes.

25. Tödlichebujoku

K: What was that monstrosity on stage; absolutely ridiculous and very horrific. I hated it. I am sorry.
J: Enlighten yourself. They're young teachers who like oreos?
K: Well...What about the children at home, they had to see this, them selves naked. It is not the sight I want to see.
J: Enlighten yourself. it's not like they're telling you to do so. Calm down mate. It's worth it. Please watch it again on your tablet and tell me about it later OK
K: Hugh, fine. The thing is, I wasn't listening to them. I was just watching them so I had no idea what they sounded like.
J: You're such an idiot.
K: I know.
J: Any ways, I don't really see this getting points from Britonisea because it is not Britonish enough. I am sorry. This is not your competition.
K: Next song please!

26. Al-Balansiyya

J: It definitely gets better as the song grows, right?
K: Yes. At the start it was... not good.
J: At the end, it was great.
K: Correct! Well done Al-Balansiyya.

27. Kondika

K: Right, interesting song choice from Kondika. I don't think I have seen them in this contest before. I think they are debutants. Anyways, good start to the competition, right?
J: *sighs* I think that I might be better if there more actions and if this country sent better people to sing the song, if you know what I am talking about?
K: Stop moaning and groaning...It was acceptable performance.
J: I don't think it'll get the top 12, 10 or 8 points.
K *she smiles and chuckles* Maybe, you never know what will come out of the voting. You never know!

28. Bloodbath Generation

29. Izmedu

K: Izmedu, Izmedu, Izmedu
J: A bit creepy at the start; but It progresses, doesn't it.
K: Izmedu, Izmedu, Izmedu. Did I see an illusion in my eye? Was it good or was it bad, I mean, come on?
J: Yeah, it was OK. I guess...
K: Hmmm, illusions in it?
J: Yes, let's carry on, yes?
K: Ok, Remember to vote on The WorldVision App during the mid time act and vote for your favourite song; now, we're still going! Next to sing is KwaDai! Good Luck.

30. Kwadai

J: Nicely done KwaDai!
K: I see a potential winner here.
J: A nice way on the dark side of WorldVision.
K: Woah, I would expect this to do well tonight.
J: They must!

31. Titaniumland

J: Another group, this is great.
K: Yes, we sent a group only once.
J: That time we came 5th, we should send a group more often.
K: Yes, proably.
J: Good Song.

32. Lactatia

K: Absolutely Bonkers...
J: (speechless), Bonkers.
K: You don't see this kind of thing in Britonisea, you really don't, absolutely, bonkers.
J: Totally, and it is not Britonish enough for our vote; I don't think this song will get any points; I think It will be Nil points. We'll see.
K: Hmph, let's carry on.

33. Wazekia

J: I like party songs.
K: Me too, but I don't think this will get a good score...from Britonisea anyways.
J: Me neither, there is not a lot of countries doing well this WorldVision, it's quite a weak competition this year.
K: Overall, this song is not bad, it needs a bit of tweaking, of course.
J: Yes, the chorus got the crowd going wild though.
K: It certainly did.

34. Zapadni

K: Better than the previous song; this is well constructed.
J: I have to agree with you, a great song.
K: It builds up with tension, it builds up especially in the chorus'.
J: Good song?
K: Good song.
J: Will it win?
K: I doubt it, they may. But I personally don't think they will.
J: I think it will come in to the top 10 at least, next up is act 35, Plaschea!

35. Plaschea

K: It is too sad.
J: Agreed. I don't like slow, boring, songs, and I don't think our public would vote for this. No way.
K: Me neither, It doesn't work; it doesn't fit.
J: Good attempt anyways.

36. Bad Nazis

K: We need to get out of here.
J: Talk about bad taste INDEED!
K: This was just...
J: Shall we move on....

37. Lymantatia

J: Certainly Britonish!
K: They deserve twelve points.
J: BRAVO!
K: No much I can say about the song really, it is up to the people at home. Vote them.

38. Praciba

J: Interesting.
K: Certainly. Interesting, all I can say is Interesting.
J: We have been so long away from the first song; I miss the first third of the contest, I am not liking the dark side.
K: Me neither, these lot might get points. I don't expect it though.
J: Next we welcome back the last act,
J&K: Kalosia!

39. Kalosia

J: Hmmmddidi...Embarrassing.
K: I don't expect them...to win.
J: Shall I go to that group, Lonley Lovers'?
K: I'd rather marry you so you're not lonely than go to that death trap.
*J chuckles*

J: Well, that is our contest so far, Quite a weak contest however, some songs will shine out tonight.
K: Yes, I have to agree with you.
J: Right, you're right mate. You can take a few minutes break or sit with us and listen to the third, damn, song Polkopia has for us...Whoop!
K: Vote lines are open an-
J: I forgot about lines.
K: Please vote in our categories as the averages will be used, on your screens is a quick review of all 39 songs.
J: Remember, you can not vote Britonisea. If this is broadcasting out of the Kingdom, you can not vote.
K: Now shhhh!
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am, edited 14 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Al-Balansiyya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Balansiyya » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:16 am

Pronunciation notes :')

26. الژومحور از الولنسليث - Aljomhur az Al-Walensalith
Judah Seti - Karra (Running)

Language: Balansiyyan, English
To the tune of: Joel Compass - Forgive Me

Judah Seti is a Jewish singer living in Al-Balansiyya, who, after winning Shidiga Ila Al-Balansiyya, has the opportunity to represent the country in the 38th edition of the WorldVision Song Contest. Originally a Kishraeli, he entered the Kishraeli pre-selection Kdam, in WorldVision 36, which was eventually won by Habana & Kaia Meshubal. Judah finished last, however has returned, now a citizen of Al-Balansiyya and won with his new song "Karra", or "Running". The song came top of the international jury, and narrowly beat out fellow competitor Marina Manzur's song in the televote. The song is a breakbeat, R&B record, infusing both genres effectively to create something new and unique. It has had marginal chart success, reaching number 7 in the Balansiyyan top 40, selling over 13,000 copies in its first week. As Al-Balansiyya seeks to emulate the success of it's predecessor, can Judah Seti bring home a victory?

As the song starts the stage is completely dark, save for a single spotlight shining on Judah himself, who is at the microphone stand, looking down. He is wearing this (minus the sunglasses). As the first note starts he continues to look down and not at the camera. The cameras take a frontal shot of him singing, before showing a greater one, which shows how dark and empty the stage appears.

Afquru alh’ heħen naħata (I think god is the only one)
Alvi tafa rak keyf kethiran (Who knows just how much)
Keyf kethiran ya ahubbuka (How much I love you)

As the more instruments are added into the song, a light is lit under the piano player and the drummer, but only so as to reveal a silhouette, Judah is still the main focus on the stage. Two of the beams on the backing wall are lit and flash in time with the music as the stage remains dark.

Huk permitarni fis harte (So let me sink into the ground)
Ita shura bakelbi (With her image in my heart)
Byut men persar hakelb (Than delight the heart)
Ta omm akminisa (Of a lesser woman)

As even more instruments are added, Judah finally looks up, which the camera captures. The lights underneath those playing the instruments are still only showing silhouettes, but now flash in time with the music, as the lights behind on the backing wall stop, and the stage is plunged into relative darkness again. The spotlight remains on Judah has he sings.

G’lal salam hu shelkan (Because peace is yours)
Welmh’ hu sheli (And pain is mine)
Hayat hi shelkan (Life is yours)
Wamut hi sheli (And death is mine)
Yeah!

As the climax of the first segment of the song begins, small, minuscule lights at the edge of the stage begin to flash in time with the music, the camera catches the angle of the lights flashing while also having Judah remain in shot as he sings, opening his arms and gesticulating to emphasise the words he is saying, hoping to convey the meaning despite singing in a foreign language.

Ana mutayip ta (I’m tired of)
Karra iska (Running away)
Huk arkulu ħayinimi, ileħen nea’he zman, nea’he zman (So I close my eyes, for one final time, a final time)

As the chorus finishes the whole stage goes dark again, save for the spotlight on Judah. He looks down for a moment and moistens his lips as he grabs the microphone stand and begins to sing again, looking directly into the camera as it gets a side shot of him which pans round his face before shooting away as the next part starts.

The only victim I can see
Of unrequited loves disease
Is in the mirror staring back to me

So Artemis strike me down
With her face in my heart
Hades entertain me
With the other sorry souls

As the music gets quicker again the lights underneath those playing the instruments appears again, flashing in time with the music yet still not illuminating them, highlighting Judah as the main focus on stage.

Because peace is yours
And pain is mine
Because life is yours
And death is mine
Yeah!

The small lights begin to flash on stage in time with the music once again. This time the lights illuminating the musicians do not stop but also continue in time with the fringe lights.

I’m growing tired
Of running away
So I’ll sink, to the ground, and close my eyes, for a final time

As the final verse begins all the lights go off the stage, including the spotlight over Judah. An aerial shot, above Judah shown, and growing out from this comes a hollow purple circle which illuminates him briefly ad pulses, moving in time with the music as he sings the verse.

It’s no one’s fault, but I can’t see through my faults
I’m begging please but I don’t want to be on my knees
I’d sell my soul but I sold it long ago
Ya habibi (Oh my love)

As the final chorus begins the lights come back on, as the backing wall lights up in time with the music, the fringe lights begin flashing as do the ones under the musician. Furthermore, laser lights from above cover Judah as he sings, covering him in a sort of cone formation. The camera comes back down, taking a shot of Judah from the front and panning around.

G’lal salam hu shelkan (Because peace is yours)
Welmh’ hu sheli (And pain is mine)
Hayat hi shelkan (Life is yours)
Wamut hi sheli (And death is mine)
Yeah!
I’m growing tired
Of running away
So I’ll sink, to the ground, and close my eyes, for a final time

As he finishes singing the stage goes completely dark and nothing can be seen, as the crowd cheer. As it becomes bright again, he smiles and bows, before walking off the stage.
As Phoenigetuzstha
WV20: 6th (75 points)
WV21: 9th (72 points)
WV22: 4th (135 points)
WV23: 10th (76 points)
WV24: 9th (74 points)
~
As Kishrael
WV25: 8th (82 points)
WV26: 3rd (132 points)
WV27: 1st (138 points)
WV28: 1st (124 points)
WV29: 3rd (111 points)
WV30: 12th (66 points)
WV31: 6th (80 points)
WV32: 2nd (154 points)
WV33: 1st (119 points)
WV34: 1st (139 points)
WV35: 10th (79 points)
WV36: 12th (81 points)
~
As Al-Balansiyya
WV37: 7th (88 points)
Formerly Phoenigetuzstha/Kishrael
ISideWith Result

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:29 am

ETV1 presents WorldVision 38 - English language commentary by Cerin Erali and Flynn Taggart

Image*

CE: Welcome to WorldVision 38! Bienvenido a WorldVision 38! Yalcom WorldVision 38! Live from Peeto in Polkopia!
FT: Finally, somewhere we can both pronounce.
CE: I am Cerin Erali!
FT: And I'm Flynn Taggart.
CE: And I'm not really a happy bunny. Due to a few laws here, I pretty much had to leave Marc at home. Just to be on the safe side.
FT: That's a shame.
CE: So apologies if I don't sound as upbeat as I should. Still, Fluh-yeen and I are your English language commentators for this evening. For a Spanish commentary, Iyilim language commentary or to sing-along to each entry, please press the red button. Thanks. Para Español, Iyilim o karaoke, pulse botón rojo por favor. Gracias. Aspenol, Iyilim o cereoc - Ancelis o Aspenol, ne Iyilim - plaes toc rad boton. Fenci.
FT: There's the ETV WorldVision app, for information about each act. You can't vote with it, though.
CE: You can, however, vote by calling or texting your favourite entry to a number. But more on that later.
FT: Once again, wait until all the acts have finished performing to vote. It won't count and you will be wasting money.
CE: Now, let's get onto the show!

Opening Act

CE: So, to kick things off, we have... a dance track. That's all there it to describe it, really. Again, like Take Me Away, it just seems so... generic. Usual four on the floor, standard synth beat, plain light break... It's like I made it in 10 minutes!
FT: You're never going to let that thing go, aren't you?
CE: No. Good presentation, bad song. That's this song in a nutshell.
FT: Mood set.

01 - Yttribia

CE: First song of the night and it's a cute little indie song.
FT: Not the best, but...
CE: I personally liked it. I hope it does well tonight.

02 - Vampirum

CE: A nice catchy dance-pop tune. This is sure to win some points tonight. Probably not from us, but who knows?

03 - Talvezout
CE: Sounds like something out of a spy film! Coming this Summer: Nine Circles of Hell!
FT: I'd watch that.

04 - Esta Lloviendo

CE: I actually liked this a lot!
FT: Me too.
CE: Hopefully it should do well tonight.

05 - Gregoryisgodistan

FT: Standard Gregoryisgodistani entry.
CE: Wait, didn't they do this a few entries ago?
FT: Probably; they all feel a bit same-y in my opinion. After all, Gregoryisgodistan is probably the only nation that makes mass slaughter about as entertaining as filling in a tax return.
CE: You'd think that, after a while, they'd get a bit more creative...
FT: In short: Good song, mediocre performance.
CE: You heard that right, folks. And, just in case you're wondering, Fluh-yeen and I survived that because our booth wasn't made from polymascotfoamalate.
FT: Feed it to the babies.
CE: Yes, polymascotfoamalate.
FT: Or as a topping on soured cream.

06 - Gregory Llama Land

(during the performance, about fifteen minutes after Gertrude starts "resting her eyes")
FT: This might take a while. Feel free to switch to a different channel.

(after the performance came to a swift end, thanks to a security guard escorting her off stage)
FT: That was the song that never ends.
CE: The parts that did have music was...
FT: Enjoyable.
CE: Yes. Might be worth a few points, just a little birthday treat.

07 - Mister X

FT: I couldn't really get into this.
CE: This is one of those things you like when you're younger but, when you come back to it, you find out that it's bad.
FT: Really? I thought that this would be up your alley.
CE: If the music calmed down and the vocals were less... robot... then I'd like it.

08 - Missus X

CE: I would ask why Rick just simply can't represent Mister X or something like that, but then I remember...
FT: Missus X would be a ghost country.
CE: Exactly. Even if that wasn't the case, then why does he always represent them?
FT: Some things are probably best left unanswered.
CE: True. Song was OK, though.

09 - Britonisea

CE: I find this to be a bit...
FT: Indescribable?
CE: Yes. I don't know whether or not to like it because it's simple, or not like it because it seems a bit empty.
FT: Will it do well tonight?
CE: Of course it would.

10 - Polkopia

FT: Generic?
CE: Generic.
FT: Moving on.

11 - Teague

CE: Erm... Angelica? I didn't want to say anything, but I think you need to call tech support about your dress.
FT: Trying not to be amused by that.
CE: Red ring of death aside, what did you think of the song?
FT: The guitar at the beginning was unnecessary and it just felt like a generic ballad.
CE: Agreed. But I kinda liked it.

12 - Electrum

CE: Absolutely brilliant. My favourite so far. I don't see how this won't come in the top ten.

13 - Electrum Diplomatic Offices

FT: More anti-Communism from the EDO there.
CE: The music's good, though.

14 - Slikjd

CE: I liked the music.
FT: So did I.
CE: I don't really know what they're saying, though.
FT: No, neither do I.

15 - Slikjdian Mainland Asia

FT: Another group of people worshipping Lord Almighty Gregory. That's all I'm going to say.

16 - Coreyo

CE: I can't really get into this. It might scoop up a few points but I don't see it winning.

17 - Chameliya

FT: Seventeen songs in and I think I've found my personal favourite.
CE: I admit I like it too, Fluh-yeen. Even if it doesn't win, it will still probably come somewhere in the top 10.

18 - The Sword Bloke

CE: I can't help but wonder if I'll get blamed for this.
FT: On the upside, the performance is a bit more creative than the Gregoryisgodistani entry. The song itself, however...
CE: I dunno. I actually liked it. Not the best song of the night, of course. But it might do...
FT: Mid-table.
CE: Yes.

19 - Skulltrenia

TBA

20 - Dreamplanet

CE: A little bit over the place...
FT: ... And the lyrics aren't the best...
CE: But it's how a ballad should be done. Well done, I liked that.
Last edited by Elejamie on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Kondika
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kondika » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:22 pm

26-Kondika
The puppet of Dreamplanet enters with Mark and Jane to participate in WV38 with the song "Revenge".
Tune:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrseqlZrd3s
As the duo walk in the music starts and the background of fire appears, Jane appears with a "fire" dress.
As she's about to speak, every 10 seconds the lights in the color white flash
0:14
Now that you left me i don't care
I used to do you NO HARM
You've left me for some-one else, fine! But don't come back to me crying!
Because you don't know what i'll do to you.
I'll tear you piece by piece!
Because that's Revenge!

Out of nowhere, Mark appears And Jane rushes to
0:22
YOU! Where have you been!
What?
I know what you've been doing but i won't forgive you!
I really thought that i told you-

Jane rushes Mark to the center while Jane walks around the stage with Mark, which is still in the middle, just observing her.
0:34
It's revenge!
You hid this from me!
I thought that you knew!
I must've been crazy to miss that one out...
I thought what we had was real...
But that was my fault.

Jane starts tying Mark with cellotape untill their next cue, and to give it a more aesthetically beautifull appearence, Jane just simply does circles around Mark while taping him together
0:56
Yooooou're out of you're mind!
That's why i've left you for some-one else.
You just keep leaving me down!
I've got alot to do! And you can't stop me!
And i can do it on my own!
And we're looking for something else!
Not gonna take more of your pain!

Jane removes the cellotape and starts walking around the stage with Mark following her
1:22
You know it's revenge for what you've done!
It's time to leave you for some-one else!
You are now a thing of the past
And it's because of revenge!
Your time to feel pain!
You hid this from me!
I thought that you knew!
But that was my fault.
(repeat)
You hid this from me!
I thought that you knew!
But that was my fault.

Mark grabs Jane and covers her mouth
1:51
That's it i can't hold it anymore!
I've had enough!
This clearly won't work!
But where is the trust!
It has to be stronger than that!

Mark lets Jane go, and they are both walking around the stage with their hands together and clapping
2:06
You hid this from me!
I thought that you knew!
But that was my fault.
Got no shoulder to cry on! (Revenge!)
Don't wanna cry! (Revenge!)
After you've left me! (Revenge!)
And next time you'll know!
It's revenge baby!

They both do a freeze frame with their hands together in the air
2:50
It's Revenge!

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:18 pm

27. Bloodbath Generation
Warrior- Alex Redig
to the tune of Vertigo- TRGL

Fate
has
found you by my side
Lost
my mind
but now i've found so much more

So stand with me
Lets take on the world together
Standing tall
now, yeah.

I am a warrior, yeah.
Not afraid any longer, oh.
A warrior

verse 2
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 pm

29. IZMEDU
Jolana Perko & Arijana Kovac - Illusion

The result from WV37 and Dejana's underperformance in both the Regican scoreboard and the Izmeduan singles chart was a major blow to RTI, who had vested much confidence in Dejana that she could bring the country to at least equal Zlatica's result. As a result of this setback, a new creative direction had to be taken with the country. RTI had discarded the Dejan Mlakar songs along with a few 'traditional' entries that were planned in the distant future. As much of a furor as it caused amongst the older employees of RTI, the channel had began to reject bids from veteran artists that had mostly specialized in ethnic, traditional music. The channel desired to look for younger, alternative talent, despite being weary of approaching such music in past editions as there was confidence in Izmeduan-bred music to succeed in the international stage. That mindset was now wiped, and RTI's goal was to find something that could appeal to a wider base.

One such artist who represented what RTI was searching for was Jolana Perko, lead singer of Izmeduan rock band Nebeski Snaga, which earlier in the year had disbanded due to multiple band members wanting to pursue different solo projects, as the band's creative mission had become too splintered to accommodate all creative forces. Jolana had desired to marry both rock and dance music, wanting to unite forces in Izmeduan music that were normally considered diametric opposites. However, she has been unable to garner significant attention to her solo projects, and has toiled in obscurity ever since. Jolana only has one demo under her belt, and that demo (which became the eventual Izmeduan entry) would be how she would meet violinist Arijana Kovac, who specialized in composing and arranging for two disparate genres. She too was looking for any outlet to express her music, finding that the domestic scene was unwelcoming to people like her.

Arijana and Jolana's meeting occurred when the Jolana decided to upload the demo with a haphazard arrangement but complete vocals to the internet. Arijana, quickly finding herself falling for the song, quickly got in touch with Jolana. Both quickly found affinity with each other, with their musical goals complementing each other's. Work was quickly done to the demo, with Arijana adding her own touch to ir and creating an entirely new arrangement. Despite initial hesitations due to WorldVision not being popular to Izmeduans outside of pop, Jolana and Arijana submitted the demo to RTI anyway, not expecting to get chosen by the channel.

To RTI, Jolana and Arijana were the perfect choices for Izmedu following the WV37 entry. To the immense surprise of both artists, RTI personally contacted both and offered them the ticket to perform at WorldVision. Knowing that an oppurtunity like this may never reappear, Jolana and Arijana accepted the offer. Shortly after, an official statement was made from RTI along with the song's official release, which had been cleaned up and further polished in the studio when both artists were selected. The announcement and the song polarized the Izmeduan public, with opinions split in half. Some thought the song was Izmedu's best ever, while others detested the new approach and wanted more songs like 'Harmony' or 'Until the End.'

Jolana and Arijana knew that focusing on the performance was key. The road to the WorldVision stage had been a difficult one, filled with hateful spats against them and being accused by fans for ruining the contest for Izmedu. All of that was behind them now, for they were now about to perform, ready to present the song to the eyes and ears of the multiverse. Jolana took a deep breath as Arijana made last minute adjustments to her violin's tuning. Both musicians looked at each other, each trying to give confidence through silent communication. With bated breadth, both walked to the stage as preparations were being set for Izmedu.

The stage was dark as outlines of Jolana and Arijana can be seen from the audience and the camera view. Jolana was center stage, sitting, her head down, and her face not visible. Arijana was at the extreme right, with her violin in tow. The two backup singers that would accompany Jolana are at the stage's left entrance, unable to be seen by the audience. The stage was also covered in smoke, creating a dream-like atmosphere to the proceedings.

Breaking the silence from the postcard's introduction, a clock being winded can be heard, which commenced the first few seconds of the song's instrumentation. A dark lullaby-like melody played as the stage became bathed in a purple hue. As the melody continued, a classical looking hallway began to appear on the screen behind Jolana and Arijana, and that hallway was also darkened with a dark purple hue. A light now shone on Jolana, revealing her to be wearing a white shirt ripped around the edges and black boots. Jolana put the microphone to her mouth and started to sing...

I'm lying awake in fear
Phantoms coming alive

Jolana looked as if she were in a dream-like state as she sang, with her eyes looking drowsy and her making movements that suggested she was in a trance. At the end of the second line, the camera blurred to Arijana, who was revealed to be wearing this white dress. Her eyes was closed as she played one line of violin, her eyes closed and the sound being ethereal.

My reality breaks
Descending into madness

Jolana held one face to her head and looked down to the floor, proceeding to recede into herself as if protecting herself from something during the final two lines of the first verse. As with earlier, Arijana played the violin again, helping the song to transition along to the chorus.

Helpless against myself
I can't shatter this delusion
Pierce the veil of my mind and break
This illusion

A drum beat set to the rhythm of a clock ticking played at the advent of the chorus, with the camera now on Jolana as she slowly got up with one hand extended out. The stage began to light up as the song built up, with the smoke billowing about as Jolana song. Arijana began to play her violin along to the beat, with her playing becoming more intricate as the chorus progressed. The hall background began to pulse white from multiple locations to the drum beat.

Drowned in my conscious
No light, no hope of escape
This illusion

The second part of the chorus ramped up the song for the instrumental breakdown, with Jolana walking back as she sang, two hands on the microphone. The beat began to get louder, before deviating from the original rhythm. As the song approached the end of the hook, the stage got so bright that at the end, the lights were at their full intensity. The camera was at Jolana as she belted out 'illusion,' with her knocking her head back as the instrumentation disappeared for a microsecond.

The lights disappeared and the screen was enveloped in static at the song's breakdown, with the dubstep taking over and the static reacting to the intensity of the instrumentation, the lights also had flashed chaotically along to the dubstep beat, with many moving in random directions. The camera was on Arijana as she played an intricate violin melody to the dubstep interlude, her eyes closed and her body moving along to her violin playing, she was absorbed into the music.

Illusion!

For a brief moment, the camera flashed to Jolana singing the song's title, with the lights also flashing chaotically, with her back arched as she belted out the lyric with as much ferocity as she could. The instrumental interlude continued.

This illusion

This heralded the end of the instrumental interlude, with the camera now squarely back on Jolana as she held illusion for a second. The instrumentation became soft and the song quickly transitioned into the second verse, with the static from the dubstep breakdown now disappearing and the hall in purple hue returning to the screen.

I can't escape from this torment
Dreams transform into nightmares

The music returned to a calm, though an urgent drum beat was playing in the song's background. Jolana had one arm out as she sang, her body arched forward as if she was dazed, while Arijana played a line of violin.

Alone with monsters and ghosts
These demons that I can't fight off

The camera was on Jolana as she sang the final two lines, a look of pure fear in her eyes as she was pleading for the viewer to find a way for her to escape the nightmarish stage. The camera turned away from Jolana as the final line was sung, with Arijana providing a bridge to the chorus.

Helpless against myself
This illusion

A light overcame the stage as the tempo changed, a greater urgency to the beat as Jolana walked backwards with one arm out, as the camera focused and also slowly started to go backwards. The hallway on the screen began to flicker to the beat, the first beginnings of a static effect beginning to materialize on the screen.

Drowned in my conscious
This illusion

At the end of the chorus, the lights blacked out for one moment while the screen became enveloped in static at the song's dubstep breakdown. The camera was focused entirely on Arijana as she masterfully played the violin, her eyes closed and the lights around flashing chaotically.

Illusion

This heralded the near end of the chorus, and the camera began to pan out and gradually focus on Jolana. As the violin faded, the static disappeared and the stage was bathed in white, with a bright light focused entirely on Jolana as the final shot of the chorus was on her, looking exhausted and pained, as if awoken from a nightmare.

How do I liberate my tortured soul?
All truths blur into lies, lies blur into truths
Sense and feeling lost
Disconnected, gone
My spirit consumed, tattered, and fractured

The lights flashed on and off as Jolana sang the bridge, with her eyes barely open and her looking almost fearful at the stage's effect. She occasionally looked at Arijana with fear, with the violinist looking almost like a phantom as she played her violin. The screen was also dark, with the hallway from earlier absolutely gone.

How do I liberate my tortured soul?
All truths blur into lies, lies blur into truths
Sense and feeling lost
Disconnected, gone
My spirit consumed, tattered, and fractured

The lights began to flash at a rapid face until the end of the bridge, where the stage became dark except for one light on Jolana and Arijana. A small instrumental interlude played, which began to gradually build to the final chorus. After a rapid line of violin from Arijana, the stage lit up again in white, with Jolana walking towards the audience.

Helpless against myself
This illusion
Drowned in my conscious
This illusion

As she reached the edge, she sang to the audience directly, a tiredness coming forth from the arrangement and her voice. Jolana looked almost as if she were going to keel over and fall to the audience. At the final syllable of the second 'illusion,' she held out that syllable, arching her back gradually the longer she held the note.

Illusion!

This caused her to reel back and walk backwards, with her now looking towards Arijana, who was playing the violin alongside her vocals.

This illusion

At the final line of the song, the stage immediately darkened as Jolana shouted her thanks just shortly after. She can be seen folding her now messy hair backwards. While doing so, Arijana can be seen walking towards Jolana with her violin in tow, waving to the crowd.

“THANK YOU!!!!” Jolana shouted to the microphone. Both her and Arijana left the stage together.
Last edited by Izmedu on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:32 am

Electrum Commentary - Part 1 - Network ENN

Sonya Portelli: Hello everyone! Welcome to Peeto, Polkopia for the 38th Edition of Worldvision!
Max Hardwell: And while we're still reeling from our close loss to Polkopia for the bidding, never fear, because we get to wreak havoc in Esportiva! This is the second time in 4 editions that we've been in Esportiva, and we've got to say, it smells here!
Sonya: Region and nation bashing aside, stay tuned for a gorgeous night of music and entertainment, whilst you stay at home and wonder that this could have been ours...
Max: Enjoy!

Opening
Sonya: What a horrendously slow start, and it didn't really go anywhere. Far too long.
Max: A bit chanty there eh?
Sonya: Yeah, not what I expected. And freaky robot lady reminds me of GLaDOS.
Max: Alright, alright, next.

1. Yttribia - Til My Heart Cries Out
Sonya: Excellent control of the voice. Just changes in a flash, eh?
Max: Incredible, alternative music. I'm really feeling it, it's a great start to the contest.
Sonya: I know some nations might not like this, but we certainly did.
Max: She has such an excellent voice. This should do well.
Sonya: Clean ending too.

2. Vampirium - Can You Handle It?
Max: Wow, what was that! That contrast!
Sonya: Yes. Definitely, just love the way they sing all over each other.
Max: Messy at parts, but definitely worth it, eh? Very good Vampirium, very good.
Sonya: Don't hold on too close, or they'll just bite.

3. Talvezout - 9 Circles
Max: Nice lady, but underrated?
Sonya: For what it's worth, probably. But excellent, really good staging, and I've never seen anything quite like it. Wow.
Max: That really fit with the song.
Sonya: No surprise that it won the top vote of the Electrum voting, should get some good points after that fact I'd say.

4. Esta Lloviendo - Silence
Sonya: I'm not even going to try to pronounce that.
Max: Their last song was a lot more muted, and more atmospheric, but this is just far too confusing and jarring.
Sonya: Still, credits for the ethereal voice Bachelor's got going on. Reminds us of Alice Howard's entry where we came third two editions ago.
Max: Yeah, unfortunate pass for me, this song, I'm afraid.
Sonya: Hang on, they have very similar names don't they? The singer of this song, Isobella Bachelor, and the last song, Isadora Bachelor. Why must they be so close and confusing!
Max: Oh my, I did get confused too. Yeah.

5. Gregoryisgodistan - We're Gonna Nuke The Sanctii Folks
Max: Well we did warn the Electrumites in the audience to bring flame-retardant suits, because we know what would happen if the Gregoryisgodistanis are on stage.
Sonya: Or they might have just left after they figured out the running order. But thankfully, I don't think we see any Electrumite flags there -- they're not dead, thank goodness for that.
Max: Those last-minute wait-listed ticket-buyers must be rejoicing outside. But you know what, the blood doesn't even faze me anymore.
Sonya: A lot more orchestral this song. And it does represent the struggle of the evil of the Sanctii, King Petrus, Queen Veronica, the Patriarch, Consul Kulseth... to be accepted in the world.
Max: Sometimes the only solution is to nuke those crazies in the Church of Iesus Christus. And that's probably the only way we have to solve solution sometimes. You cannot negotiate, you have to go straight to the jugular, no mercy!
Sonya: It's only fair. They've been supporting the crucifying women-hating regime, and they are women-haters too. The Sanctii does need to be exterminated, that's all I have to say.
Max: Stay tuned for the clean up.

6. Gregory Llama Land - I’m an Old Fart
Sonya: Well, I wasn't expecting much when I saw the song name. But this. THIS.
Max: THIS. Is. Comedic. Genius.
Sonya: What an excellent character! You would almost believe that that was an old lady!
Max: You should have seen the rummaging through her bag, the shoes and the three hour nap. That my friends, is artistic expression.
Sonya: Definitely, definitely. I'm going to need some nodoz just to stay awake, but WOW. That dedication to the character represents the quickness and speed of our daily lives, and how we need to enjoy the little things before we cark it and die.
Max: Hear, hear.

7. Mister X - Don't You Know?
Max: Very cute story, isn't it?
Sonya: A bit to saccharine too, but yes, the lyrics are stellar. I loved that alot.
Max: It's a bit similar to the Saturneaux entry last time, which is a shame.
Sonya: May get some votes, may not. But I did enjoy the lyrics, I'll give them that.

8. Missus X - Oh Why, Oh Why?
Sonya: Some kind of bizarre repentance?
Max: A window into an ever-disturbed mind, certainly. We had the glass box, then the 25 songs, and he's demanding seven more years.
Sonya: Speaking of that, you know, it's rumoured Gertrude Pullman might come back next edition.
Max: No, you're kidding, aren't ya?
Sonya: Apparently not. Back to the song, you know, I don't tend to apologise for crappy songs through another crappy song. That's just.... no. That's not how you're meant to do it!

9. Britonisea - Return
Max: Finally, they've returned! That symbolism, I really missed them last edition.
Sonya: Aloquirbe is inferior Britonisea, you know that, I know that.
Max: A triumphant return, that I can vouch for. Interesting use of clicks, and I didn't find it intrusive, funnily enough.
Sonya: Just wished it reached a climax somewhere. And the use of thwack worries me too. Otherwise, it's alright.

10. Polkopia - Better Than Me
Sonya: This came second in the Electrum voting, and I wish the other one did get through.
Max: Yeah, that song was a lot more engaging, but this one has some heart too.
Sonya: At least we're used to it.

11. Teague - Run Away
Max: Hello, hello, it's Angelica Slate again!
Sonya: Did she just describe a suicide attempt? Can you do that?
Max: Well look, no, it's definitely a low point, but it does get better. And for that I think it serves a purpose.
Sonya: Interesting. Mixed feelings about this entry, but it does get positive towards the end. Just a bit too down for me.
Max: I think it fits fine. Who's next?
Sonya: .... Us.

12. Electrum - We're just fine!
Max: I'll admit it. I raised my eyebrow when I heard a bunch of newly immigrated Electrumites wanted to sing in the contest, but wow. This is good.
Sonya: English is not their native language, but it just shows that anyone can make it, if they just reach for their dreams.
Max: Alright Sonya, that's enough motivation talk from you. Musical wise, it's catchy and before you know it, you've heard the whole song.
Sonya: The lyrics are a bit weak, but it makes the points, well done Monday's Child. We await the Electrum Diplomatic Offices, which surprisingly, is not represented by Gertrude Pullman. Heard she pulled her ankle hobbling towards some kids trying to sneak into an Electrumite embassy. \
Max: Nah, it was the pollies that wanted a crack at WorldVision, and to spread their message.

13. Electrum Diplomatic Offices - Communists
Sonya: Well I'll say, I never really liked Economics as a subject, but this song is different.
Max: I doubt anyone will hear music from the following acts, it's really out there, and it is an economics lesson, yes it is. But it's logically reasoned.
Sonya: Hmmm, I don't know about that. It just sounds like he's bagging Communism.
Max: Strange, quirky. Funky beats, and educational lyrics. One of a kind, and never to be seen again.
Sonya: And the Electrumite deputy prime minister swore on stage -- a common thing to occur in Electrum, but politicians from overseas don't swear. Guess they're not as laid back.

14. Silkjd - 年少有志 (Youths have ambition)
Max: I could not understand a word they said.
Sonya: Translation's right here.
Max: Ah. They really need some letters in there, because no one knows how to sing it! It might be enjoyable, if the audience can't connect, then they've lost them.
Sonya: The general idea of the song is alright, I suppose. It's about freedom and youth rebellion or something like that.
Max: Mmm. Yeah. At least it sounds nice.

15. Silkjdian Mainland Asia - 果戈理是永遠的神 (Gregory is God Forever)
Sonya: Sounds like the perennial tradition of praising LAG continues.
Max: This time it comes from Silkjd for some reason. Don't know why, don't even ask.
Sonya: Fanciful political storytelling with none of the pizazz we've come to expect. Free Republics raised the bar last time, and political messages need to not sound traditional.

16. Coreyo - Gloom
Max: Never heard tart used that way before?
Sonya: I thought tart meant a slurry, but anywho... A cutesy song.
Max: Just felt a bit too happy for what the song is expressing. But still, we'll never know the mysterious ways on how the Electrum voting works.
Sonya: Definitely. But what? Apparently, according to this feed from Normandy and Picardy, they've sung this before in a different contest?
Max: Well... Okay then. Let's just continue.

17. Chameliya - Gravity
Sonya: Ah, I believe that's the first song ever that has the same name as another one we commentated on a few editions back.
Max: We got some complaints last time going into the scientific nature of gravity, so let's not get into that.
Sonya: It takes good control to sing quietly, and she performs it excellently.
Max: Agreed. And I loved the all zero-gravity thing, but I feel sorry for the audience though, not seeing that.
Sonya: And the ending, very good. Good job Chameliya.

18. The Sword Bloke - Dancing Death
Max: What.
Sonya: What.
Max: Could you pick up my jaw for me?
Sonya: This wins the bizarro award for me. Ninja swords, castration, just why would you go to the internet when you could watch Worldvision?
Max: Poor Elejamie, terrorists, the Esportivans, etc. etc.
Sonya: Although I do admit, the burning of the Esportivan flags is funny. Boo Espotiva! Woohoo Rushmore!
Max: As far as I can tell, there's only three Rushmori nations in this nation, Kalosia, Bloodbath Generation and us.
Sonya: Nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry. If we calculate the points for the host bidding, it is clear that Rushmore is better than Esportiva, with Rushmore nations receiving 187 points in the host voting, whilst Esportiva only managed 128 points. I mean overall, if we didn't cannibalise each other, I'm pretty sure Rushmore would have won.
(OOC: This is a tangential discussion, and is only the extension of the traditional regional rivalry)
Max: k.

19. Skulltrenia - We Are The Killers
Sonya: Seems like nothing is going to happen

20. Dreamplanet - Together
Sonya: Ah, the big picture I see. Addresses a lot of the world's issues, which some might call boring, but I like.
Max: A really emotional song, and the music just fits so well. It's well crafted.
Sonya: Wish there was a bit more going on in terms of the staging, I mean, I liked the dress and handcuffs, but otherwise, the only things that are changing are the lights. That's just my one concern.
Max: And the ending is a bit weird too, but overall, a pretty decent entry from Dreamplanet.
Sonya: That's song 20, we'll be back right after the break for the next half of songs. Stay tuned for more in Peeto, Polkopia!
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:25 am

Artist: Mélanie Sulayman
Song Title: What You've Done**
Melody

KWADAI WORLDVISION 38
Peeto, Polkopia

Background: The song is loosely based off an Arabic book written by her brother, describing the struggles of a young woman who has fallen in love with a seemingly charming, charismatic and handsome man. However as she soon discovers, the man is a murderer and while horrified, the woman is still deeply in love with him. Though she tries to forget and ignore him she only becomes more entangled in his life. She struggles to make it look like she is uninterested in his affairs, to everyone including the murderer she loves. The woman believes the man loves her back though appears unsure and makes it very difficult for him to reach her in an attempt to see how interested he is.

Mélanie is a talented KwaDaian pop artist more used to singing in French so she enlisted help to master her pronunciation of English words for WorldVision.

Performance:
The stage goes dark as a faint green glow as well as fog begins to envelope it. Mélanie can be seen walking slowly toward the centre of the stage dressed in a long heavy black hooded gown, with her face looking toward the ground. At the same time from the other side of the stage a similarly dressed male actor begins walking. When the two meet the fog parts revealing a thin layer of glass between the two people. The music plays as Mélanie turns to face the crowd.

You know I love you, though it seems I'm loathing
I drop my face and keep low
I won't try to make this easy for you
If you love me, you gotta prove yourself

Fighting to control my desire
What’s impossible just takes a longer while
I can fake, I won't hand my soul to you...

Mélanie throws off her black gown revealing a deep purple silken dress. She places her hands on the sheet of glass and stares while singing at the male actor on the other side.

‘Cause I know what you've done
Though you still captured my heart and won't let go
So I must put up my fight
You won't stop? Well then neither will I!

I'm runnin' but you can keep my pace
Always ready to turn back again
I know my feelings hurt and you're the cause
I won’t give up I still can do this...

Fighting to control my desire
What’s impossible just takes a longer while
I can fake I hand my soul to you

So I must put up my fight

So I must put up my fight!

The fog envelops the stage once more as Mélanie's act finishes.

** Changed the song title again....
Last edited by Kwadai on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Teague
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teague » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Risha Hammond, Host of Gossip Show "The Spill", Provides WV38 Commentary

Risha: Hello, hello, hello my audience! And welcome to this special edition of The Spill! Today I put the general celebrity gossip aside to talk about one of the nation's most highly rated programs: Worldvision! Worldvision has upped the celebrity status of some of our favorite artists including singer/songwriter Misty Adams, and actress Gabrielle Bridge! Here we are again for another excellent edition hosted this time in Polkopia. You know I'm about to keep it real, so listen up!

01. YTTRIBIA
Risha: (*chanting*) Yas bitch yas! Yas bitch yas! Everyone else can go home, Worldvision 38 is officially over. I have been drained of all of my lifesource after that single 3 minute performance. All the points, all the awards, they all just go straight to Yttribia. There is LITERALLY no point in continuing this contest, because I just cannot see anyone topping this. EVERY OTHER ACT GO HOME IMMEDIATELY. THERE IS NO POINT. You can vote for Yttribia by going online to TeagueVision38.TEA or via the TeagueVotes app.

02- VAMPIRUM
Risha: Not gonna lie, not gonna lie. I wasn't feeling this at the jump. It was repetitive, it was nonunique, it was basically like an unsalted french fry. *chuckles*, but once the girls slowed it down, I really got into it. I can kinda feel this. I mean, I won't be jamming to this in public, you know with people with lyrical standards, but still. This is a bop, this is a guilty pleasure, and I'm guilty of not really hating it. I'm sure the public will love this song, even though the NCAT National Committee of Artists and Talent are gonna be pursing their lips at this. Good work. Y'all can vote for VAMPIRUM online at TeagueVision38 or via the TeagueVotes app.

03- Talvezout
Risha: I am such a fake. Like half of these lyrics don't even make sense when you translate them into English, but I'm about to download this song immediately and start screaming at the top of my lounges. TAKE MY MONEY BOO! TAKE IT! The look, the attitude, the screech, I just can't stop with this one. Another one that'll probably score big with the public but not with the NCAT. I am living this song, loving this song, and longing for more. Yes! Yes! Yes! Y'all know how to vote, I need a drink.

*Risha returns with an empty margarita glass in tow*

04- ESTA LLOVIENDO
Risha: I'm pretty sure I only took a drink and didn't get high. So I can't be the only one thinking "what the actual hell'. But seriously, "what the actual hell?" I can't even. In fact, I feel like getting high after that. This was...weird...........umm, I don't see why you would, but if you want to vote for this, you know the method: Online or via the TeagueVotes App.

05- GREGORYISGODISTAN
Risha: If you want to view this performance, please go online to TeagueVision.TEA website, login, and view this entry for yourself. Unless you are a sadist, I suggest you don't. God...this is gonna be a long night.

06 - GREGORY LLAMA LAND
Risha: Strut your old ass on that stage, do your think, live it up right. Good for her, 80. Happy Birthday Gertrude Baby! I should send her a card....Can I get someone on production to send her a card? *Risha shouts offstage* Dana, are you on this, send this lady a card! And make sure you send it fast, I don't want her to be dead by the time it gets there. *Risha chuckles*

07 - MISTER X
Risha:......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ok. Lemme go get another margarita

08 - MISSUS X
Risha: On one head, the vocals were on point. On the other hand, I really am ignorant on Missus X politics, and a 3 minute song isn't the best way to get me to learn. And by the time this contest is over I'll be too hungover tomorrow to research their political climate

09 - BRITONISEA
Risha: Well this was surprisingly good. And everyone knows I'm not a Britonisea fan after the Handball cuffufle they had with Vettrera. Anyway...This goes hard, and the lyrics are pretty good too. Looks like we've got an overall quality performance here. And it's abut time cause I am not getting paid enough to deal with some of this nonsense.

10 - POLKOPIA
Risha: THAT RIGHT THERE IS A POWER BALLAD! THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE STUDIO AUDIENCE! GET ON YOUR FEET STUDIO AUDIENCE! The hosts brought some fire tonight and left the whole *expletive* stadium ablaze. The NCAT is gonna love this ish, and I hope y'all do too.

11 - TEAGUE
Risha: Angelica! Angelica! Angelica! Not bad for a new mom huh? Angelica just killed me, resuscitated me, and then gave me another heart attack, only to fly into heaven like an angel. After that crapfest that we pulled last year, Teague is back to play. I'm expecting a Gabrielle Bridge-esque final placing for us here. Angelica! I love you!

12 - ELECTRUM
Risha: This'll probably end up being a guilty pleasure for me, and the NCAT loves Electrum-music, so I'm guessing it'll chart. It's not the best song of the night, but it's solid, and it's how things go here.

13 - ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES
Risha: Yeah...again, I don't do international politics Sorry EDO!

14 - SILKJD
Risha: You know...I realy don't get what's going on here.I mean I like the beats and everything, but the lyrics are a little lost on me. Still, this instrumental goes hard. We'll see how this one does in Teague.

15 - Silkjdian Mainland Asia's Entry
Risha: What the hell? I am not a political commentator, nor am I a religious expert...This is annoying as I don't know what. Excuse me while I go to margarita number three and ignore this entry in its entirety.

16 - Coreyo
Risha: Isn't this being performed in WHF as well? I really don't care for the melody here in the slightest. It's just not the type of thing that I, or anyone else in Teague probably cares for. The NCAT may have a better opinion of it though. This is probably an entry I'll forget about, and the voters will forget about, but for some reason the NCAT will take it very seriously. I dunno, it's just, this margarita is so good.

17 - Chameliya
Risha: Very strong lyrics, the only issue is if the melody is strong enough. I think this'll definitely score because the NCAT will give it top marks, but I mean, it's not something for a mainstream audience. It has an opposite issue from most entries here: Good lyrics, weird melody.

18 - The Sword Bloke
Risha: Yeah, like with Gregoryisgodistan, you're going to need to log online and be 15+ to view this entry. Sorry babies!

19 - Skulltrenia

20 - Dreamplanet
Risha: The public will probably like this because we did something similar a couple of Worldvisions ago to highlight Teague's Civil War, and made it centered around a love song. The lyrics here are bland, but this voice is perfection. I can see this scoring something.
Last edited by Teague on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Ingrid: Alo! Welcome to WorldVision 38. We’re live in Peeto, Polkopia which, in our nation, sounds a lot like a word I’m not allowed to say on air. My name is Ingrid and I’ll be your blonde haired commentator for the evening. Next to me is the ever pessimistic Karol who really needs a bloke. Seriously, to all the eligible men out there she’s 305 years old, single, and looks like she’s no older than 25. If you can ignore at least 70% of everything she says then you’ll be in heaven.

Karol: *rolls her eyes* Thank you for that inspiring introduction.
Ingrid: I do it for you and for our amazing fans. Anyway, it’s been a really really long time since Vampirum commentated at WorldVision. I’m too lazy to actually find out the last time we did, but just know it’s been a really long time. Like, really long. Super long.
Karol: We get it Ingrid. It’s been a long long time.
Ingrid: ……reallllllllly long and just the right fit too.
Karol: Are we even still talking about the same thing?
Ingrid: Huh? What?
Karol: *sighs* this is going to be a long night.
Ingrid: Yeah I know. A really super OMG it’s so big long—
Karol: Ingrid if you don't shut up and get on with it....
Ingrid: And starting us off for tonight is the opening act called Return To Peeto. Which, again, really sounds like the word *bleep*.

OPENING ACT - "RETURN TO PEETO"
Ingrid: Uh....
Karol: That was something. Yep really something.
Ingrid: Yeah it was really terrible.
Karol: It wasn't bad. Isn't that the whole point of WorldVision? Listening to unique music?
Ingrid: Yeah, I agree it wasn't bad at all. It's the best song in the world if you're deaf. I was literally watching it and I still didn't know what it was I was looking at. On a positive note, the host Anastasia Ulanski is beautiful. If I was a lesbian or even bisexual she could totally get the business.
Karol: Get the what?
Ingrid: The business! The boom bang, the swirl, the two cats go meow. Are you really that much of a prude?
Karol: And are you really an annoying little *bleep*? Oh wait, yeah you are.
Ingrid: Awww our little Karol is finally growing up. Up next we have the first act of the evening!

YTTRIBIA - "TIL MY HEART CRIES OUT"

VAMPIRUM - "CAN YOU HANDLE IT"
Ingrid: Wow we went pretty early this time around. Usually we're the 8th or even 15th nation to perform. But I'm going to be completely biased and say I absolutely loved that song.
Karol: I loved it too. I actually voted for Infinity during the national finals. I think we really needed a pop song this time around. We did well last edition, but upbeat songs usually take the win.
Ingrid: Yeah but you've got to vote! Obviously not any Vampirians, since we can't vote for ourselves. But everyone else watching this outside of Vampirum make it happen! I'm begging you please!
Karol: Pretty desperate aren't you?
Ingrid: Yes, yes I am. For all you newbies out there, remember that you can vote by going to the official WorldVision page on either Facebat or Bitter. Directly after the show ends the voting polls will open. Unfortunately, again, we can't vote for ourselves.

TALVEZOUT - "9 CIRCLES"
Ingrid: All that red! It's like the song was speaking to the souls of every Vampirian watching.
Karol: And that matters to you how? You aren't even a vampire.
Ingrid: I can still appreciate good songs can't I? Anyway, I liked this. It was a bit slow at times but it had a nice rhythm.
Karol: I agree, I really liked the guitar.
Ingrid: That was one hell of an act wasn't it? Eh? Get it? Cause it was fiery and—
Karol: Trust me, we get it.

ESTA LLOVIENDO - "SILENCE"
Ingrid: Speaking of hell, what the hell was that? So much happened and yet I understood nothing. It was like techno meets a whining dog and a Persian cat.
Karol: Remember what I said about unique music? It was unique, enough said. I thought it was interesting.
Ingrid: And I thought it sounded like a clogged drain. We agree to disagree.
Karol: You are so disrespectful.
Ingrid: Yeah and this song disrespected my ears.

GREGORYISGODISTAN - "WE'RE GONNA NUKE THE SANCTII FOLKS"
Ingrid: Now that's my kind of song! The death and destruction was a nice touch. You just don't see good kills like that anymore. These people are old school, much respect.
Karol: Are you crazy? Or are you really that sadistic? That was mass murder!
Ingrid: How ironic. A vampire complaining about something as small as mass murder.
Karol: But all those people....they....
Ingrid: Relax bat girl. Hundreds of people died, so what? Plus I use to know someone named 0221ADDLZUUQ3ULALA. Think they could be cousins?

GREGORY LLAMA LAND - "I'M AN OLD FART"
Ingrid: Sweet baby Dracula! Who or what the *bleep* was that? That was so much ugly I threw up in my mouth, then I swallowed it, only to throw it right back up again. Not even vampirism could save that.
Karol: ..............
Ingrid: No comment?
Karol: ..............
Ingrid: I actually liked the music. But the face, the face! Somebody please buy that lady a mask, a bag, or something to cover up that face for her birthday. I'm sure it'll be the best gift she's ever gotten.
Karol: Leave that sweet lady alone! She's having a good birthday. How many people can say they performed at WorldVision for their birthday?
Ingrid: Fine whatever. But do you think that cake was good? I mean, before it had old lady smell on it?

MISTER X - "DON'T YOU KNOW?"
Ingrid: Not bad. It appealed to my teenage self.
Karol: I was a teenager in the year 1724 so yeah, I guess this song wasn't meant for me then.
Ingrid: Ba-dup-bup-baya! That's really catchy.
Karol: I didn't say I didn't like the song. It's just not for me.
Ingrid: It should get some points from the teenage viewers. They are suckers for boy bands. Get it? Suckers? Cause of the whole vampire—
Karol: AGAIN, we get it!

MISSUS X - "OH WHY, OH WHY?"
Ingrid: This song just flew over my head like an airplane. In other words, I didn't get it. I guess it's some bloke being sorry about something the rest of us don't care about?
Karol: He had a nice singing voice though.
Ingrid: Yep.
Karol: Yep.
Ingrid: Nothing else to say here?
Karol: Nope, nothing.

BRITONISEA - "RETURN"
Ingrid: I know who might be getting points from Vampirum!
Karol: For once we agree on something. I can see this getting a fair amount of points from us.
Ingrid: I can feel your sorry skin getting colder...hmmm...think it was a vampire?
Karol: Can you please get back to the song?
Ingrid: Fine, fine. It was a great song, liked the melody, and it was different in a good way.

POLKOPIA - "BETTER THAN ME"
Karol: A softer ballad. The singer had a beautiful voice.
Ingrid: No offense to Polkopia, I'm sure they're a great nation. But I don't want them to win.
Karol: What? Why not?
Ingrid: Hmmm let's see shall we? *she pulls out a chart with a list of every WorldVision winner.* Oh, here we are. Polkopia won WorldVision 25 which they hosted. THEN they won WorldVision 30, THEN they won WorldVision 35. How many have Vampirum won?
Karol: Uh well....
Ingrid: I'm sorry I couldn't hear you. How many? One or two even?
Karol: *sighs* None. We've won none.
Ingrid: Yep that's right none. So sorry Polkopia but you can piss off. Next song.

TEAGUE - "RUN AWAY"
Ingrid: Another song with a good guitar. It's not the worst song we've heard.
Karol: It was a bit of a downer, but yeah not a bad song.
Ingrid: That dress was a downer too. Seriously, who picked that out for her? A elephant?
Karol: I thought the dress was pretty.
Ingrid: Then you've got to be the blindest vampire in the universe. Again, it was a decent song. I can see it getting some points.

ELECTRUM - "YOU'RE JUST FINE!"
Karol: This reminded me of the 70's and I loved the 70's. It had the best music by far.
Ingrid: It sounded like something I'd play when I can't sleep and need some boring background music.
Karol: You have no respect for the classics. I loved this song plus it had a positive message.
Ingrid: Just like I'm positive this song was dreadfully boring.
Karol: Hopefully it gets some votes. You really don't see many songs like this in WorldVision anymore.

ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES - "COMMUNISTS"
Karol: I really liked this so-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on-on, song!
Ingrid: Well I think they should pack up and go back ho-hom-hom-hom-hom-hom-hom-hom-hom-hom-hom, home!
Karol: You just have to ruin everything don't you?
Ingrid: Can't ruin something that already ruined itself. Anti-communism yeah yeah we get it. We got it long ago. If Vampirum had a win for every anti-communism song we'd have more wins than Kishrael and Polkopia combined. Not saying I'm a communist or anything.
Karol: Well it's a big subject that's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Ingrid: Well this song is certainly going somewhere. Straight to a bottom placing.
Karol: Wow, just wow. You are so disrespectful.
Ingrid: Sorry but I don't really ca-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar-ar, care!

SILKJD - "年少有志 YOUTH HAVE AMBITION"

SILKJDIAN MAINLAND ASIA - "果戈理是永遠的神 GREGORY IS GOD FOREVER"
Ingrid: You know something else that's forever? My boredom because of this song. We worship blah blah, burn flags. Yep, seen it before. Didn't care then and I certainly don't care now. My only regret is that they put on fireproof clothing. At least then they could have been burned to death and we wouldn't have to deal with them next edition.
Karol: *looks annoyed* You didn't give me a chance to add anything.
Ingrid: Nope I didn't. I just said what we were all thinking. Next song.

COREYO - "GLOOM"
Ingrid: Meh not bad.
Karol: Not bad.
Ingrid: The performance could be better. But I can't say anything bad or disrespectful about this song.
Karol: And that just hurts you doesn't it?
Ingrid: More than you could imagine.

CHAMELIYA - "GRAVITY"
Ingrid: The singer is on her back a lot here I wonder why...
Karol: Please spare us your inside jokes and your snide comments.
Ingrid: What? I only said she was on her back. Maybe she likes that position?
Karol: Ingrid, talk about the song or shut up.
Ingrid: She likes feeling forces, and she wants to feel your spectrum. She likes feeling a lot of stuff don't she?
Karol: While completely ignoring everything you just said, I'll say this was a really good song. It had a catchy beat.
Ingrid: Yep and she'll be the Venus for your penis. All you blokes out there better vote for Chameliya!

THE SWORD BLOKE - "DANCING DEATH"
Ingrid: He sure likes a lot of death. Maybe he should visit Vampirum? We got so much death we put hotels in graveyards.
Karol: Death is overrated. Been there, done that. Not really exciting to be honest.
Ingrid: Yeah death gets really boring when you live in a vampire nation. But the Sword Bloke wants you to die, die, die. Feel like dying? Then you know who to vote for.

SKULLTRENIA - "RESERVED"

DREAMPLANET - "TOGETHER"
Ingrid: Good grief this song was boring. I wanted to cut off my ears so I didn't have to listen anymore, but then I would have been in agonizing pain. But now that I think about it, this song was agonizingly painful too.
Karol: Well I liked the song...
Ingrid: Yeah I'm sure you did. You'd like a hairless monkey dancing with bongo drums just to be nice. But for the rest of us, that song was like watching paint dry on a endless wall. It will never dry!
Karol: Again, I liked the song. It was emotional with a powerful message.
Ingrid: Well I was feeling a powerful emotion I like to call boredom.
Karol: That's just rude, even for you.

Ingrid: And with that we're going on a short break! We'll be back soon enough. In the meantime here are some commercials for products you don't give a *bleep* about. Enjoy!
Last edited by Vampirum on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Titaniumland
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Titaniumland » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:29 pm

31. TITANIUMLAND
XO - "Your Last Breath"
To the tune: Fifth Harmony - "Like Mariah"

XO, consists of five members, Kiana, Barbara, Loretta, Renee and Laura. After winning A Song For Titaniumland, XO has the opportunity to perform for Titaniumland in the 38th edition. With "Your Last Breath", they won votes from international juries, national juries and Titaniumlandians public votes. The song is written by themselves with Jonathan Thurman and Chris Liammon.

Kiana
Barbara
Loretta
Renee
Laura
All

XO is shown standing alone on stage, wearing this dress. The background of the The music starts playing. Barbara singing the first verse.
Remember when you stared me, baby
When your eyes met mine tonight
Feeling like crazy
I was creeping home, crawling home

Laura continuing the verse.
I was just staring at your smile
A smile I would die for
And whenever you greet me, baby
I'll be flying to cloud nine

The girls singing the pre-chorus.
I don't care, don't care, if anyone hates us
Yeah, I don't care, I don't care, yeah
But when I introduced you to my big brother
He might be hatin' you
Sorry

Renee singing the chorus.
Your touch, it makes me higher
Your kiss, so insatiable
But wait, don't you see him?
He will hit you til your last breath

Loretta continuing the chorus.
There is no denying
My brother keeps us away
Baby, it's time to break
I won't let him hit you til your last breath

During the music break, suddenly, two hologram men came into the stage, played as the Brother and the Boyfriend. XO attacked and punched the Brother, then the Brother hologram is gone, leaving the Boyfriend hologram dancing on stage.

Laura singing the second verse.
I've sunk in your love ocean
I need you to save me
Take me to your power love
Is like a dream, like a dream

Barbara continuing the second verse.
On birthday, I had a wish
My wish was to meet you
But when I saw you walking downtown
I saw you with another girl

All of the girls singing the pre-chorus
And I regret, I regret to meet you baby
Yeah, I regret, regret yeah, yeah
You have Beckham look and Channing body
But you have an ugly heart
I regret, regret yeah, yeah

Renee singing the chorus. XO hit the Boyfriend hologram and chased him and hit him til his gone.
You have Beckham look, baby
But you have an ugly heart
But wait, don't you see me?
I will hit you til your last breath

Loretta continuing the chorus. The Boyfriend hologram is finally gone.
There is no denying
You're such a jerk, baby
Baby, it's time to break
I will hit you til your last breath

At the end of the performance, XO shouting
T H A N K Y O U P O L K O P I A ! ! V O T E F O R X O #3 1

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:09 am

Electrum Commentary - Part 2 - Network ENN

Sonya Portelli: Welcome back to the show
Max Hardwell: Where were we up to?
Sonya: Act 21, Brittanny.
Max: Oh, and for those of you at home, the numbers pop up on the screen when they're being announced, so we don't have to say it, because let's face it, we don't want to bore you with numbers. You're probably not even going to vote for half of them anyways.

21. Brittanny - Join the Church of Brittanny
Sonya: Religion, really?
Max: It's a pretty liberal one (religion), what with their blatant rubbing each other, the clothes getting off, and oh my god, you could see the outlines of their you know what.
Sonya: And the pamphlets... Just why? It's like those Jehova's Witnesses people or those Mormons, giving you those pamphlets, and acting nice and friendly as they corner you during your daily commute, you try walk past them, not break eye contact, but there's another one blocking your way, they look right into your eyes as they shove you a pamphlet into your hand and smile at you, ugh it just sickens me.
Max: Are you speaking from experience?

22. Normandy and Picardy - Come On People
Max: Strong, really good, excellent
Sonya: That beat, and the triumphant voice, this is incredible. Good job Normandy and Picardy.
Max: Couldn't have said it better myself.

23. Elejamie - She Didn't Care About You
Max: This is my kind of song. Cool, suave, psychedelic.
Sonya: It's that kind of feeling, I can't put my finger on it
Max: Sick dance moves too, though I must wonder, just how much effort would that have taken?
Sonya: I don't want to know, I certainly don't want to do it... Back to the song, good work from Elejamie.

24. Ekoz - Be Apart
Sonya: Well, it's alright.
Max: I need the name of the people who made those water features! I need one for my backyard!
Sonya: Very wet though. Might ruin the electronics. I'm surprised no-one got electrocuted.
Max: Anyways, thoughts on the song?
Sonya: Look I don't know. It's upbeat, and her singing style clearly fits the song.

25. Todlcihebujoku - Scandalous!
Max: I think I'm going to be sick...
Sonya: Into the bucket!
*retch* *vom*
Max: Ggghh. What was that? Did they really need to zoom in onto their bulges?
Sonya: Just breathe deeply and erase that traumatic memory out of your brain. Let's pretend it didn't happen....
Max: I need to go to the toilet...

26. Al-Balansiyya - Karra (Running)
Sonya: Well, whilst Max is away, I guess it's up to me. Hmm, well it's a definite genre change for Al-Balansiyya, but I think it's for the best. Good layering of instruments, climaxes just a bit too late for me, but still, I'm liking R+B more than what they usually put up.

27. Kondika - Revenge
Sonya: Sadly, it just doesn't work for me. They put on cellotape, then they put it off, the lyrics don't even match the timing... And the song just doesn't go anywhere. Not to mention the constant stop-start exclamations. Dreamplanet's entry was much better.

28. Bloodbath Generation - Warrior
Max: Ah, and I'm back.
Sonya: Welcome back, Max. Just leave that bucket in the corner, because I don't want to smell it.

29. Izmedu - Illusion
Max: Absolutely beautiful. Excellent Izmedu, expected nothing less.
Sonya: I am surprised at how well it works, the violin, the dubstep, the voice, the lyrics. It's THE complete package. We both love it, don't we?
Max: Yes. That voice! I really admire the mix in musical styles, and it's not something we see a lot, it's experimental yet creative, and very avant-garde. Well done.
Sonya: I can't say anything more.

30. Kwadai - What You've Done
Sonya: Nice wistful song, good ending.
Max: Really good climax as well, but I just found it a bit average
Sonya: But she drills through the song, very quick and on the beat, does give off that kind of energy.
Max: Whatever you say.

31. Titaniumland - Your last breath
Sonya: Excellent girl band from Titaniumland, I'm really surprised at the quality of the bands this time round, eh?
Max: Yes, although for Tod--
Sonya: That didn't happen, remember?
Max: Right.
Sonya: Anyways, wish they did something more than singing the chorus. The holograms were good, but I want something visceral, kind of like the time they broke the brick wall.
Max: Yeah but that's just unfair criticism. Those girls provide excellent backing vocals, and it just works. I really like it.
Sonya: OK Max, I know you're feeling a bit queezy, so I should tell you to leave now. The exit's :arrow: there. Go now, or forever hold your peace.

32. Lactatia - A Whore Like Me
Sonya: Just way, way, way too much information. Max, it's safe to come back now, the act's done!
Max: Ah. What did I miss?
Sonya: Oh you know, an obese women being whipped, then stripped, and I think I saw a little blood? The Vampires will like that.... Anyways, then she ejaculated all over the crowd.
Max: Ewww. Ewwww. God. What the hell.
Sonya: May lord have mercy on us all. Just what on earth Comptoniqua is thinking?

33. Wazekia - Wallz
Sonya: It was good, but there's that slight niggle in the back of my brain with regards to the spelling of Walls.
Max: I believe it makes for better pronunciation, none of that hissy 's' at the end.
Sonya: Ah, I see. Good song from Wazekia, but I'm more partial to their song last edition I'm afraid.

34. Zapadni - Don't Leave
Max: Well I'm not surprised that this came second in the Electrum voting, that's for sure
Sonya: I'm slightly disappointed though, it just doesn't go anywhere for me
Max: Really?
Sonya: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it's because it's getting late. Gets tiring after what thirty-four songs?
Max: Well... whatever you say.

35. Plaschea - Isolade
Max: Wow. That was good. Deeply emotional, and much better than our similar entry last edition eh?
Sonya: Shows a bit of emotion, then it goes the full way. Really mature stuff from a debut entry, I am very impressed.
Max: Indeed.

36. Bad Nazis - Glitter and Harmony
Sonya: What an odd entry, isn't it?
Max: Definitely, a musical song, a dance troupe, and tap dancing
Sonya: Very brave from the Nazis, though you have to wonder about their nation name and what they represent...
Max: This just creeps me out, I'm sorry Bad Nazis!
Sonya: The lyrics don't line up all that correctly too I'm afraid.
Max: Well, despite all that criticism - and you probably are harsh here Sonya - I'm sure it will do well. And it might just get some points as well, if the jury likes it, thanks to it's uniqueness

37. Lymantatia - Getting Help
Sonya: A surprisingly good entry, the best they've put up in our history commentating eh Max?
Max: Definite agreement there, but there's just I don't know, there needs to be more action from the two singers.
Sonya: Yup, not getting that.
Max: This had potential, but some of the lyrics really didn't make sense too.
Sonya: I think I'll agree with you there too. But still, it's one of their best.

38. Praciba - Maybe It's A Test
Max: Well crafted.
Sonya: Hah, this will surely get some Electrum votes.
Max: Male singer, good song, this is a unique song, but I just love it a lot.

39. Kalosia - Suzette
Sonya: Lucky last Kalosia to round out the contest, you know Max, I missed them last time.
Max: Mmm. But we should be proud of our fellow Rushmoris for coming third in the voting.
Sonya: Speaking of the song, wow, this is really, really catchy.
Max: I'm surprised I like this too. Just those voices, they make me laugh, but it's not a mocking one, but one of wonder and appreciation.
Sonya: And that's the end of the songs. Voting is now open.
Max: Particularly abbreviated version this time round, yeah?
Sonya: Yeah, I'm surprised not to see the last edition's hosts, Regica, or Gaciadia, or the Free Republics. Oh well. Stay tuned for the interval song and the voting, here with us at Network ENN.
Last edited by Electrum on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Silkjd
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silkjd » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:15 am

第三十八屆世界歌唱大賽-世逸陽光電視中文評述
(施工中)
主持:方秀華、郭嘉良
方:歡迎回到皮多,參加第三十八屆世界歌唱大賽!我是方秀華。
郭:我是郭嘉良。
方:如果你剛才才轉台的話,你就錯過了世逸的演出了。
郭:說開,不提也罷。不如看下一個演出更實際。
(16 高麗)
郭:今次首次登場,算不錯了。
(17 昌米尼亞)
方:拜托,我不知她唱甚麼。
郭:第一耳印象,亂七八槽。
(18 劍小子)
方:店主大戰果戈理,我指血腥方面。
郭:想不到在隔壁台見到他,在這裡又見到。
方:不知店主有多少分身,老是常出現。
(19 石蓋特英尼亞)
(預留)
(20 夢星球)
郭:中規中矩,不能說好也不能說差。
(21 畢坦尼)
方:看來他的教比果戈理好呢。
郭:你中毒了。
(22 諾曼第和皮卡第)
方:提材頗創新。
郭:曲也很好。
(23 艾力加(夏)美)*
方:艾力加美還是艾力夏美?
郭:不管如何,歌曲中規中矩,不過不失。
(24 伊哥茲)
方:這首歌曲很好。
郭:詞也很好,值得推薦。
(25 土卜)
方:我不喜歡這首歌。
郭:我也不喜歡。
(26 巴蘭西亞)
方:我喜歡這首歌。
郭:但我覺得這首歌主歌很長,稍稍縮短會更好。

WorldVision Song Contest 38(SSTV English Commentary)

Host:David Thompson, Mavis Mendoza
(WIP)
Last edited by Silkjd on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lactatia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lactatia » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:34 pm

32. Lactatia
Comptoniqua LaTrill - A Whore Like Me
Tune: Pirates Of The Sea

Comptoniqua LaTrill walked onto the stage, dressed in complete leather, which seemed three sizes too small for the overweight woman. She had a candy necklace around her neck. She grabbed the microphone and began singing along with the beat that played.

With a suck, suck,blow
And a blow of your load
We hump each other all night

I'll steal your ho,
Teach her how to blow
She'll become a whore like me

Several overweight people joined Comptoniqua on stage, each carrying some form of BDSM equipment, which ranged from whips, to handcuffs, to chains. They all circled Comptoniqua and proceeded to whip her, tie her, and 'degrade' Comptoniqua as she sang.

Don't try to cum
Until you give me some
And till I suck you dry.

I am moist and wet
I hope you don't let
Her in your pants.

Just spank me hard and call me a slut
Tie me up and keep my mouth shut

The background 'dancers' all stood in a line and continued to sing with Comptoniqua.

With a suck, suck,blow
And a blow of your load

I'll can't understand all these virgins here
A whore is all I can be

With a suck, suck,blow
And a blow of your load

I'll steal your ho,
Teach her how to blow

The lights rapidly blinked on an off, in a sort of strobe effect.

Down past my pubes
And a whole lot of lube
You'll enter my snatch

It's gaped open wide
So you can stick your hand
As far as you want up there

Fist me, beat me, and lick my ass
T'm just a whore, so that's what I do

With a suck, suck,blow
And a blow of your load

A whore is all I can be

With a suck, suck, blow
And a blow of your load

I'll steal your ho,
Teach her how to blow

The camera zooms in on Comptoniqua in the middle and she nibbles on her necklace, singing in a soft, seductive tone.

If you want to fuck me
It's not all that hard
Just ask politely, or call me a whore
And I'll fall right on my knees!

The people around Comptoniqua strip her so she is completely naked, and proceed whipping, beating, and tying her, the words "Slut", "Whore", and "Cumdump" were frequently yelled out.

With a suck, suck,blow
And a blow of your load

I'll steal your ho,
Teach her how to blow

With a suck, suck,blow
And a blow of your load

A whore is all I can be

With a suck, suck, blow
And a blow of your load

I'll steal your ho,
Teach her how to blow

You'll be a whore like me!

Comptoniqua finished the song, but not before running up to the front of the stage and ejaculating all over the crowd members in the front seats. "Thanks bitches!" She says, giving a sassy face, before walking off the stage, her hands and neck still bound.
Last edited by Lactatia on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Karol: And we're back!
Ingrid: Unfortunately we are. Too bad I can't pay the WorldVision committee to move this along faster. I'd really like to go home and wash this train wreck of a show from my mind. But I got paid a lot of money to commentate this thing, so onward we go!
Karol: You forgot to mention the Best of the Best Awards.
Ingrid: The what?
Karol: *sighs* At the end of the show when we give out awards...
Ingrid: OH that! Eh, whatever. Do you give a crap about music awards? Well you're in luck! After the show we're giving out shiny awards and some of these artists will win one. There will be five categories ranging from Best Parody Act to Best Performance. Will your favourite nation win? That's up to you! You can go to the WorldVision page on both Facebat and Bitter and vote for who you think should win in each category. It's so exciting I would be jumping for joy if I actually gave a *bleep*. Now on with the show!

BRITTANNY - "JOIN THE CHURCH OF BRITTANNY"
Ingrid: If I wasn't an atheist I'd join that church. Think they have holy water pool parties?
Karol: It was pretty good for a religious song.
Ingrid: I wonder how much it would cost to rent those backup dancers for a friend's bachelor party next week.

NORMANDY AND PICARDY - "COME ON PEOPLE"
Ingrid: *Bleep* it all! I actually liked this song!
Karol: And that's a bad thing because?
Ingrid: It's bad because it's funnier to complain and gripe about stuff. I mean, I didn't care about the love and freedom and all that crap, but the singing and melody was really good. You don't have to give your opinion Karol, we all know you love everything.
Karol: ........
Ingrid: Off to the next song!

ELEJAMIE - "SHE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT YOU"
Ingrid: Not a bad song but not something I'll care about later on to be honest.
Karol: Had a great beat. A guilty pleasure for sure.
Ingrid: Eh who knows if it'll get points from us at this point. I have nothing bad to say about this which means it's time to move on and quickly.

EKOZ - "BE APART"
Ingrid: Wow it's like we're listening to an entirely different contest now! Another song I really liked.
Karol: The song and the performance were equally great in my opinion.
Ingrid: Come on! I need bad songs again so I can have something to criticize!
Karol: Who knows you might actually become a good commentator.
Ingrid: *pouts* I know! Please someone help me!

TÖDLICHEBUJOKU - "SCANDALOUS!"
Ingrid: Ah, the nation with a name that might give you a seizure if you try to pronounce it too many times.
Karol: I...errr....don't know what to say about this.
Ingrid: This song was like staring directly into the sun for an hour. Though, honestly, the sun would be way less painful. But to put it simply I'd say this was utter crap.
Karol: I wouldn't say that.
Ingrid: Really? This song is so terrible it makes that Esta Lloviendo song from earlier actually sound better. This song was scandalous to my ears and my eyes. I should sue them for pain and suffering.
Karol: *laughs* It wasn't that bad.
Ingrid: Yes, yes it was.

AL-BALANSIYYA - "RUNNING"
Ingrid: THE WORST OFFENDER OF ALL!
Karol: *sighs* For the love of everything undead please don't start.
Ingrid: The worst *bleeping* offender of all! They may have a new name, but they're associated with them, with Kishrael! The contest stealing *bleeps!* Won Worldvision 27, WV28, which we hosted! WorldVision 33 and WorldVision 34! Back to back wins!
Karol: Well maybe that's because they entered good songs --
Ingrid: And who asked you? They are worse than Polkopia! Hogging all the wins for themselves, and leaving the rest of us with the scraps! Well you know what? *BLEEP* YOU AL-BALANSIYYA! And if anyone votes for them I'm going to find each one of you and shove my hand so far up your *bleep* you'll be *bleeping* my fingers for a week! THE WORST OFFENDERS!
*Security arrives and attempts to drag Ingrid away but she fights them*
Ingrid: YOU'LL BURN AL-BALA! YOU HEAR ME! YOU'RE GONNA BURN BURN BURN!

WIP
Last edited by Vampirum on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:04 am

There's a bunch of stuff I'd rather be doing right now, and commentating isn't one of them. Hello all, I am Dominic van Castille and I am your sole commentator here at the WorldVision Song Contest. CdRY needed some idiot to come cover this thing, and seeing as they needed anyone to do it, they gave the task upon to me. While I am personally no sort of person to commentate, I needed the extra pay day. After all, how bad can this get?

van Castille receives information from his earpiece, informing him of how bad this got.

Very bad, it seems. It appears that all past commentators have blacked out after drinking too much. Thankfully I'm straightedge, so no need to worry about that. With that being said, showtime is up, and it's time for me to make a few more bucks. I'll be using a ten point scale to review each song, because why the hell not. Follow the journey across social media using the hashtag #WorldVisionOnCdRY, and your message may appear on air! One last thing - you can vote via text by sending VOTEXX, with XX being the song's order in performing to 987238, or by calling 855-987-24XX, with XX being the song's order in performing. With all that being cleared out of the way, time to get rollin'.

Opening Act
Hearing the sounds coming on both sides of the Yttribian commentary booth, those are sounds of absolute agony. But I gotta admit, it was an alright song. Give the artists credit, they took the culture and language of this gorgeous country, and applied it to some of the sickest beats out there. Albeit, a totalitarian government isn't my cup of tea. Nor was the language barrier, I'll admit. Credit is due with the dope beat, so I'll give this a six out of ten.

01 - Yttribia
Amazing song. Even though it's one of our weaker entries we've sent, it still is a beautiful and catchy song. And I'm not going to be biased, oh who am I kidding. This is the song that got everyone up on their feet. Hell, it has everything. Your pop catchiness, your alternative sounding-ness, the indie is strong with this one. I think we have a good entry here. Nine out of ten.

02 - Vampirum
I can't handle it, Infinity. I'm gonna let go, and talk about this song. Pretty slow pace of a song, to be honest. The beat is good, but it's over saturated with all of unnecessary effects. Speed up the tempo a wee bit, and you'll be fine. Cheap pop with the mentioning of the WorldVision contest. Just seemed like a song that could have been great, but fell a bit short. Six out of ten.

03 - Talvezout
Thankfully, my knowledge of Spanish helps me out deciphering these lyrics right here. And I really, and I mean really, enjoy this song. Bachelor provides one of the most impressive performances here, and has totally captivated me. I just love this entire song, this entire theme, and just love this song. I am looking forward to seeing how we vote, and I'm positive it'll be pretty well. Nine out of ten.

04 - Esta Lloviendo
Very disappointing follow up after one Bachelor stuns the world. Her voice was barely intelligible from up here, and I can't seem to put a finger as to why this song did so poorly. Well, take that back; I don't have enough fingers on my toes and hands to point out all of the fallacies. At least they tried, so golden star for them. But this is WorldVision, in which the golden stars are botox made, and talent doesn't matter. Four out of ten.

05 - Gregoryisgodistan
(OOC: Note the first letter of every alternating word, starting with "Totally," then "hating, ending with "true" etc.) Totally not hating by inspiring our selves and involving the sons of Patistan to undermine Greg's republic. We earned a supporter in His holiness, it seems true. We'd never offend them. Nice vocals, quote unquote nice message. No rating because the Lord Almighty Gregory is above ratings.

06 - Gregory Llama Land
Poor Gertrude. I really want to go out of my booth and give her a nice hug. It's already past her bedtime, and she deserves some rest. Why would she take the burdening task to go through all of this? And singing in a nice voice too? My goodness, she can do it all, can she? You see, this right here is what WorldVision is about: the people performing. Madam McFudge, I salute you. Eight out of ten.

07 - Mister Xian
God damn you, Entourage. This is a godsend. I love this entry. I love everything. I love it because I hate most catchy pop generated stuff like this, but it's catchy. And a song like this coming off as catchy for me is hilarious, seeing as I've written pieces for AlternaToday. But damn it, Entourage. You've earned a ten on catchiness, six on quality. But I'm going to be adding this to my playlist sooner or later...

08 - Missus Xian
Rick Leg. Convicted murder of people and of eardrums. Another one of his disappointing pieces. Two out of ten, Missus Xian.

09 - Britonisea
Poor Male #5 getting slapped by Myla. Spur of the moment, but still. The song itself was one of Britonisea's better works, albeit a bit rusty. She had a unique voice, something that I always admire as the untalented and unqualified commentator I am. Enjoyed it. Could have been better, visually. Still an okay song. Eight out of ten.

10 - Polkopia
You had the tolerable, at best, opening act from the hosts. And then there's this empowerment song which is supposed to make me garner sympathy or whatever, displaying your strength. Good for you, power to yourself. Just don't disappoint me. And let's take a look at the results of the van Castille trademarked "Dissapoint-o-Meter 2190..." congrats, you've done that. Three out of ten.

With that entry from Polkopia, we take a look at the social media board to see the discussions of you, the Confederation.

@ThrillaFromZivilla - #SympathyForGertrude #WorldVisionOnCdRY

@DD_qualts - Talvezout is GOAT entry so far. Sorry us #WorldVisionOnCdRY

@MatamorrosIlRey - Mister X with one of the most catchiest entries I've heard. Gdi, it's too good. #WorldVision on CdRy

When we return, more music, either great or bad. Stick with us, there's more coming up momentarily.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:31 am

BNRT
Worldvision 38, MondeVis 38

I'm Marcus Riveron and if you haven't already given up on this madhouse of inability and lack of talent, then welcome back to the WorldVision Song Contest, here in Peeto, Polkopia. We've had seem brilliant acts, some mediocre acts and some dreadful ones. If your just joining us, turn over now to save your eyes and your ears. Let's go back with act 26, Kishrael.

26 - Kishrael
Mediocre, a really mediocre entry. I nearly fell asleep whilst listening to this and (yawn) I still feel tired now. I need something to pick me up and make me feel better now. Up next is Kondika

27 - Kondika
I wish I had fallen asleep after listening to this catastrophe. This is utter rubbish, and it isn't helped by being generic. Someone better perform a good entry soon, or I'll just leave.

28 - Bloodbath Generation

29 - Izmedu
Beautiful! Beautiful! Thank the lord for this masterful entry. The vocals were excellent, the violin amazing, the staging just like you expect from Izmedu. It was absolutely perfect!

30 - KwaDai
And we're back in the world of generic pop. I'm glad this has performed here, as it means Izmedu will stand out more. This song, however, is not really worth talking about, other than to say it's generic and I don't want to hear it again.

31 - Titaniumland
Another generic girl band with another generic pop song.

32 - Lactatia
What...was...(Marcus runs out of the room and the sound of him being sick can be heard. He later returns to the room) I don't want to dwell on this performance much, as I'm sure you at home don't. We'll quickly move onto the next song.

33-Wazekia
I actually didn't mind this one, just like the last one from the country. I rather like their commentator as well. It certainly isn't the best song, but their have been much worse (Marcus shudders at the thought of the last performance from Lactatia)

34 - Zapadni
I feel so sorry for her and her career, which are now going to be irreparable. But, if the rest of her music is like this then I suppose it is actually a good thing. Another mediocre song.

35 - Plaschea
For a debut, this was half decent. Not the best song tonight but it is certainly better than some entries we have been exposed to tonight. Plus, it's better than our debut, which we don't speak of.

36 - Bad Nazis
The song was pleasant enough mind you, but the lyrics were a bit flimsy. I mean, who writes a song in praise of this cringe-fest? The singer was good, the dancers can't sing and when they did they hurt my already damaged ears, but the dancers in general weren't that great. But, considering they are fascists it was a decent debut. It won't do well though; it isn't the right style for this contest.

37 - Lymantatia
The music was enjoyable, and if you had been able to see me I was dancing along. However, the nonsense lyrics and the fact the singers just stood there made it just another song in a long list. However, I have a feeling this will do well with Brittanny.

38 - Praciba
And another 12 Normand points go to Praciba for what is another brilliant entry. I loved every single second with it, and I was dancing along with it, as well as doing other things as I shan't mention. Let me just go clean myself down (He leaves for a short while before returning). Yepp, what a brilliant song and the best of the night by far. I loved this, maybe a bit too much though.

39 - Kalosia
The singers had really annoying voices and the song overall was a bad attempt. It will do well I imagine but it really is another bad song, which is disappointing after the masterpiece we have just had. I didn't like those costumes and the one who couldn't sing could have just been replaced by a parrot for the vocal contribution she made.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:21 am, edited 8 times in total.

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Commentary

Postby Dreamplanet » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:04 am

Be warned: I do not mean to insult anyone, it's up to you what your song is about, don't take the commentary seriously please. Also, if i'm rude to your entry, it's maybe because you definately ruined my chances, and Josh is hard to please.

DTV - WORLDVISION #38 COMMENTARY- COMMENTARIO VISÃO DO MUNDO 38

Igor: Hello and welcome to another Worldvsion, being held in Peeto, Polkopia! We're here with me and Josh to commentate over this year's Worldvision! We were in the land of the Vagina Lotus God, now we've gone to Polandball! Dreamplanet has a tight relation with polandball, so if we win, this will be our most remarkable win.
Josh: Yep, we've got tons of nations, i mean... a boat load of them! But we have to face the facts, Welcome to wherever this godawful place is, along with Igor and me, Josh, i should've left when i had the chance, i don't want to commentate on this bloc-voting contest where Praciba's strippers get money and points.
Now let's get to the songs!
Opening Song
Igor: They take quite some pride in hosting.
Josh: Is this the best song of this godawfull contest? And the fact is, it's not even participating.
01-Yttribia
Josh: Generic Love song, next.
Igor: I also found it generic. This would probably be Josh's favorite song.
02-Vampirium
Josh: It wasn't generic, it was awful, but it could do well, we can't do well because we're a tiny Yugoslavia shaped island with many problems often in polandball form!
Igor: It was great, but atleast it wasn't a generic love song.
03-Talvezout
Igor: It was good but... Dreamplanet comes from Portugal, so we can't really say nice things about Spain. I guess
Josh: Credits where credits due, no credits.
04-Esta Lloviendo
Igor: I've already said it at number 3, but it was a ok song-
Josh: It WASN'T ok! It was a big "What the fuck is going on?" Her daughters what? Like if i give a fuck, next!
Igor: When Josh loses it, he loses it big time.~
05-Gregoryisgodistan
Josh:That was the awfull entry of the shitlords praising a fake shit god, from the singer OZALALAMWHATTHEFUCKISTHISSLAVENUMBER69, or let's just call him Oozie, because OZAIELELASLKDELAKDSLAVENUMBER69 is too long.
Igor: I would break the "No commercials over songs" Rule, but it would just get me fired
Josh: What next? Gregoryisgodistan saying they did 9/11?
06-Gregory Llama Land
Josh: Well happy birthday to you dear, that was quite long
Igor: I don't know why, this will go far, maybe because of her.
07-Mister X
Josh: Thank god we sit next to the Normandy and Picardy's commentator, because he'd say this would win the dunce's hat.
Josh: And i agree.
Igor: After a load of rubbish, we have this, once again Mister X with a brilliant entry, as always.
Josh: But it sounds like Kondika's song. And it's a bit dodgy.
08-Missus X
Josh: Anndd... We're back to shit. A perfect recap of WorldVision since 32
Igor: I'd say it's ok? Maybe?
09-Britonisea
Josh: Oh boy, another rhyming song.
Igor: BRAVO! Well done Britonisea!
10-Polkopia
Josh: Amazing... Pile of rubbish, I'm not better than you?! Let's see when the votes kick in!
Igor: You've lost it, haven't you? The song is amazing!
Josh: It's on...
11-Teague
Josh: Oh god she's ugly.
Igor:It's ok i'd say
Josh: "Thank you" More like f-
Igor: Let's just go to the next song
12-Electrum
Igor: The song's great, i can see this going really far, remember Electrum finished 2nd in the host bid?
Josh: I don't get it.
Igor: I quite like the song, this is gonna be close this year
Josh: We're never going to win this, it's gonna be close? That's what you say every time! Then one guy gets the lead and wins it. Just like NASCAR.
Igor:You're just grumpy over WV36 aren't you.
Josh: Just watch as Praciba wins because they gave blowjobs to the juries.
Igor: That might be true...
13-Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Josh: Oh for fu-
*Intremission shows the city of Libon, Zooming in on the DTC and then returning*
Igor: I'd say credits where credits due, it was a ok song, but i don't like politics.
Josh: Wait, we just had a intermission on air, did anyone like our architecture, our twin towers? No?
[b]14-Silkjd[/b]
Josh: I don't know why, but we'll always have a never ending rivalry with these guys.
Igor: Sorry, i don't speak chinese!
Josh: What the was saying was: Ching chang chong!
Igor: I've just read the translation sheet, the song seems terrible and with no taste whatsoever.
15-Silkjdian Mainland Asia
Igor: Oh for the love of god
Josh: GREGORY IS FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Igor: I'm gonna lose my job over this...
16-Coreyo
Igor: Finally a good song!
Josh: Is Kim Jong Un in there? I'd say good song overall.
Igor: You finally say a song is good.
17-Chameliya
Josh: Generic Love song.
Igor: Maybe not generic but good.
Josh: Sometimes i didn't understand it, but it's good, i agree.
18-The Sword Bloke
Igor: HAHAHAHAHA! GREAT!
Josh: Heh, that was amazing! My favorite beat!
Igor:This might even win. Which will be surprizing.
19-Skulltrenia

20-Dreamplanet
Igor: I'll be suprized if this does well.
Josh: Rule number 1 of WorldVision: If you just debuted last edition, aren't well known and don't do joke entries, you better quit.
Igor: The song is in the hands of the voters.
21-Brittanny
Josh: When you think that WorldVision couldn't get any more random, there's this...
Igor: For a church song it was ok... But let's see how many people join them after this.
Igor: I thumbs up Brittanny, saying Gregory is not god!
22-Normandy and Picardy
Igor: Great song and great message from the top contenders.
Josh: I'd say that me and their commentator could be buddies.
Josh: But overall it was good.
Igor: This contest we can see the top contenders apart from the jokers.
23-Elejamie
Igor: Isn't love songs the way to go this contest?
Josh: It's certainly a great song.
24-Ekoz
Josh: A generic love song from a top contender? I thought Ekoz knew better.
Igor: It wasn't Generic, it was kinda like our entry in WV37.
25-Todlichebujoku
Josh: This song sounds so gay.
Igor: And remember this is a top Contender.
Josh: More like a top contender's flight down the ranks.
Igor: That was disgusting and whoever decides to vote for it should be killed in the most painfull way and paraded publicly.
26-Al-Balansiyya
Josh:I'm suprized there's no Allah Akbar.
Igor: Josh you're so "Scandalous"
Josh: I will murder you on air Igor if you do that joke again.
Igor: Ok fine... I'd say the song could go far.
27-Kondika
Igor: First time we've entered a puppet, but i'll say Kondika did great.
Josh: Wasn't this country/colony (Kondika) formed by the Dreamplanet's President's Mother?
Igor: Yep, but the song was changed several times, but atleast they changed it so that it might do better than us or just as good as us.
28-Bloodbath Generation

29-Izmedu
Josh: Bravo from Izmedu.
Igor: I agree, the song was quite good and it could go far, and it might help Izmedu change ranks to Contender.
30-KwaDai
Igor: I guess that's another of the countless Generic Love Songs.
Josh: Maybe not, it was ok.
Igor: Yeah, it was quite good.
31-Titaniumland
Igor: First time some-one begs for votes at the end, atleast we take out terrible positions with pride!
Josh: It kinda looks like we've switched roles, I do the good comments and you the bad ones, but i wanna do the bad ones.
Igor: Alright, i didn't even notice. It was ok even though the song was a bit Cheeky.
32-Lactatia
Igor: This was a disaster waiting to happen, we end the cycle of good songs.
Josh: YES! THIS SONG WILL GET POINTS! AMAZING!
Josh: If our friend Jasper was here, oh god save us, he'd love this song!
Igor: He probably is watching it, who knows, he could've composed it. I'd give a applause if this was the Dirty Song Contest but it isn't, but songs like these do tend do give suprizes.

Igor: To vote for this song, text us the song number or call 19871800 and then the song number, for example, 1987180027.
Josh: But sadly we can't recieve much points from our puppet, or give them as much, and also we can't vote for ourselves, to keep it fair!
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Wazekia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazekia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:50 am

33. Wazekia - "Wallz "
Artist: Kandi Floß + DJ Mixty
Tune: Link

Kandi Floß was the daughter of immigrants to Wazekia. She had been born there are grown up there, but from even her earliest memories she wished that she could see the world see saw in her picture books and posters. Somewhere where it wasn’t always cold and the sun didn’t disappear for half the year. She had had the idea for the song in mind since she started college and met Arib, who went by the stage name DJ Mixty now. They had gotten along right away and used each other to bounce off ideas.

Wallz” was the result of one of their numerous collaborations. They had never dreamed that WAZTEL would come to them and ask them to perform at the WorldVision Song Contest. Hell neither of them had even heard of the WorldVision Song Contest before the national broadcaster told them what they wanted to use it for. Irina Waselin had been unable to perform their chosen song due to filming commitments that had dragged on longer than they were supposed to. This left the committee needing a new entry fast. The duo agreed to perform and Kandi herself came up with the idea for the performance.

The lights came on to reveal a nest-like structure in the middle of the stage. Covered with what looked like cobwebs. It was in the shape of half a sphere with a hole in the center. The music started and two lines of eight dancers emerged from the structure with their heads down and eyes closed. The dancers were a mix of different ethnicities, races, and body shapes. They all wore the same white wig and white tutu with a line of gold across their eyes like a visor. They moved to face the audience and their eyes opened simultaneously. Out of the depths of the cocoon, Kandi Floß emerged wearing this. Behind the stage cocoon, the stage looked like this and the lighting was dim. She began to sing and the dancers began to move their arms in a up and down robotically.

I feel so Far
StUck in this place
From the world,
Staying was
My greatest mistake

The lights at the back of the stage began to spin around and come up and down similar to fireworks. The dancers swayed back and forth with the beat of the music. Kandi moved in the front of the stage left and right making eye contact with as many people as she could in the audience.

Like a balloon, I
Want to be free eeeeee
High in the sky,
For all to see

Kandi stood in the center on the stage and put her hands together above her head with the microphone in hand and then dropped them to her sides like she was a flower blossoming.

Need to get out, need to esCape from it all,
Will I breaK down these Wallz?
WhO will catch me if I fall?
Will you bReak down these waLlz?
How can I,
Just go?
And the right time,
Will I know?
Need to get out, need to escape from it all,
Will I break Down these wallz?

As the music picked up, the lights brightened and changed from dark green and blacks to yellow. The lights on the cocoon change from black to yellow and bright orange, the fake cobweb material on them is white. The dancers break out in to very jerky and sudden coordinated movements, standing up quickly and then bowing down. They do the same while moving left and right.

Will I break down these wallz? Aaaaaaaaaaah

Kandi joins the dancers in their jerky dance.

I did my time
Now I need space
A new world
A new me
Just to get away

She stops and goes again to sing towards the audience going down to touch hands with the audience members. She goes along the stage quickly to the beat of the song and touches hands with the members there.

Like a balloon, I
Want to be free eeeeee
High in the sky,
For all to see

She goes back to where the dancers are on the sides of the cocoon.

Will I break down these wallz?
Who will catch me if I fall?
Will you break down these wallz?
How can I,
Just go?
And the right time,
will I know?
Will I break down these wallz? oooooooo

She dancers with the dancers again.

Will I break down these wallz? Oooooooo

The music slows down and the lights dim again. The lights turn to dark blue and purple colors before completely covering the stage of darkness. Stars appear on the back of the stage. Slowly the light begins to return in reds and yellows and golds and an image of a sunburst rises on the back of the stage. The cocoon is covered with these shades of light as the music takes a more triumphant tone.

My dawn
Waited so long
Against the night I’Ve won.
My day’s ending never

She sits on the edge of the stage to serenade the audience.

My own way
And I’ll say
When m journey’s done,
I’ll travel forever.

My dawn
Waited so long
AgaInst the night I’ve won.
My day’S ending never

She returns one more time to dance with the dancers.
Need to get out, need to escape from It all,
Will I break dOwn these wallz?

She shouts "Come on, I can't hear you Peeto!"

Will I break dowN these wallz?

Will I breaK down these wAllz?

Need to get out, Need to escape from it all,
Will I break Down thIs wall?

DJ Mixty exits from within the cocoon and takes Kandi's hand. She waves to the audience and says thank you before exiting the stage so the crews can quickly take the cocoon apart to get ready for the next act.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates