NATION

PASSWORD

1st AoI International Summit [Open/AoI ONLY]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Waki Oshiro wrote:
Anthony Willman wrote:"That's their problem. If we use it on opposing regions, then we would be defending ourselves," Anthony pointed out, "and nobody could deny that."

"But not if they don't attack first. This i only an effective strategy assuming that someone is getting ready to bomb us. And, just pointing out, if we build up forces, they will assume that we are trying to attack them, and bomb us as a preemptive strike."

"It is only for defense. We don't attack unless we are attacked," Anthony replied, "and to quote George Washington, 'The most effective means for preparing for peace is preparing for war.'"
I love kittens!
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
99.6% of this world's occupants would cry if Justin Bieber died, if you're one of the .4% who would just laugh and throw a party, copy and paste this in your signature.
.01% of the nations in Nationstates would cry if TBR died. If you are one of the 99.9% who would throw a party, put this in your signature.
I support The Eternal Knights-the only raiders who fight raiders.

Waki Oshiro
Secretary

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waki Oshiro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:43 pm

General Otto Von Bismark wrote:Reserved

OOC: What?
Watashitachiha saikō nodesu! Anata wa sōde wa arimasen! Rama!!!

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm

"WMDs have cause nothing but harm in my opinion. I say that we just get rid of them so we don't have to worry about them later. I have never been in a conflict in which WMDs were the answer to victory. No, its won by troops who fight hard to not only defend the country, but to defend their homeland. I believe we should just get rid of them." Informed Tiberius.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

"We cannot simply ban WMDS even if we choose to believe they can be banned you can be sure our enemies won't hesitate to develop them and hold it over our heads every time we come into conflict"
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:58 am

NoblePhnx wrote:"We cannot simply ban WMDS even if we choose to believe they can be banned you can be sure our enemies won't hesitate to develop them and hold it over our heads every time we come into conflict"

"The only way this would be decently agreed upon is if we just don't use them on each other in AoI," Anthony replied, "seeing that our enemies probably are way ahead of us on this, I say we hurry and get this vote taken."
I love kittens!
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
99.6% of this world's occupants would cry if Justin Bieber died, if you're one of the .4% who would just laugh and throw a party, copy and paste this in your signature.
.01% of the nations in Nationstates would cry if TBR died. If you are one of the 99.9% who would throw a party, put this in your signature.

Waki Oshiro
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Waki Oshiro » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Anthony Willman wrote:
NoblePhnx wrote:"We cannot simply ban WMDS even if we choose to believe they can be banned you can be sure our enemies won't hesitate to develop them and hold it over our heads every time we come into conflict"

"The only way this would be decently agreed upon is if we just don't use them on each other in AoI," Anthony replied, "seeing that our enemies probably are way ahead of us on this, I say we hurry and get this vote taken."

"OK, I propose a compromise. We keep Nuclear weapons and other WMDs at our border. we use them only against outer forces, and none within the region. If you do use your weapon on someone else in the region, you will be bombed by all the other nations. Keeps us from killing ourselves out of fear of death itself." Proposed The Sultan. "yay, or nay?"

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:10 pm

"Aye"
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:12 pm

"Abstain."
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Rellacrystal
Attaché

Founded: Jun 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rellacrystal » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Then, A blue carriage pulls up in front of the house. The white horses come to a halt and the coachman steps down and reaches for the purple door, adorned with the Rellacrystal coat of arms. A girl steps out, wearing a traditional, renaissance-themed blue and purple gown with an Elsa-like cape attached to the back, and two long, brown streaks of hair are clipped back. "Oh no, I'm so late!" She says as she runs up the steps. "Which way to the meeting?" A man holding the door open shows her the way, and she dashes inside. When she reaches the meeting room, she straightens out her hair and her dress. "Hello, I'm-*breath*-Princess Caitlin of-*breath*-Rellacrystal, and I'm so-*breath*-sorry for being late-*breath*."
Last edited by Rellacrystal on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✯✯Rellacrystal✯✯
This bio is under construction!!
"In the middle of this solemn, gut-punch of an experience, a 13-year-old girl who hardly looks over the age of ten stood up and said, 'Cancer sucks. And I know there’s not a cure, but what we’re doing here, having so much fun and making all these friends, seems to beat it to me.'”

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:54 pm

"I've been suggesting that already," Anthony replied, "I vote aye!"
I love kittens!

Waki Oshiro
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Waki Oshiro » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 am

Rellacrystal wrote:Then, A blue carriage pulls up in front of the house. The white horses come to a halt and the coachman steps down and reaches for the purple door, adorned with the Rellacrystal coat of arms. A girl steps out, wearing a traditional, renaissance-themed blue and purple gown with an Elsa-like cape attached to the back, and two long, brown streaks of hair are clipped back. "Oh am I late? Oh...hello? Is anyone here? Well, of course; I can see the camreas." She points at one in the corner. "I'm Princess Caitlin, of Rellacrystal? I'm here, and I'm sorry for being late."

"yeh your late - quite a bit actually. we were just voting on this proposition -
Waki Oshiro wrote:
Anthony Willman wrote:"The only way this would be decently agreed upon is if we just don't use them on each other in AoI," Anthony replied, "seeing that our enemies probably are way ahead of us on this, I say we hurry and get this vote taken."

"OK, I propose a compromise. We keep Nuclear weapons and other WMDs at our border. we use them only against outer forces, and none within the region. If you do use your weapon on someone else in the region, you will be bombed by all the other nations. Keeps us from killing ourselves out of fear of death itself." Proposed The Sultan. "yay, or nay?"
- so what is your vote?

Rellacrystal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rellacrystal » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Waki Oshiro wrote:"yeh your late - quite a bit actually. we were just voting on this proposition -
Waki Oshiro wrote:"OK, I propose a compromise. We keep Nuclear weapons and other WMDs at our border. we use them only against outer forces, and none within the region. If you do use your weapon on someone else in the region, you will be bombed by all the other nations. Keeps us from killing ourselves out of fear of death itself." Proposed The Sultan. "yay, or nay?"
- so what is your vote?

"Well..." The princess thinks for a moment, then replies. "But what If there's an attack from the center of our region? It would probably take a while to move the nuclear weapons. And besides, if two nations in this region go to war, there's got to be a compromise other than nuking the nation that started it. I vote Nay." She awkwardly puts her hand on the back of her neck, showing a sign of embarrassment. "Also, I just want to let you know that I am not from the renaissance, it's just a traditional... thing," as she points out her dress, just to clear the air. "So... What's next? Heh. Hm." :blush:
Last edited by Rellacrystal on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✯✯Rellacrystal✯✯
"In the middle of this solemn, gut-punch of an experience, a 13-year-old girl who hardly looks over the age of ten stood up and said, 'Cancer sucks. And I know there’s not a cure, but what we’re doing here, having so much fun and making all these friends, seems to beat it to me.'”

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 pm

"I say aye! Ban WMDs!" King Luke I butted in after being silent for some time. "How can we let Nuclear weapons exist when there are far more humane options. While my country may be a Kingdom; we are a very liberal-minded one and find the idea of M.A.D. to be flawed due to the possibility of an anti-nuclear deterent; eliminating the deterrent."
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:03 pm

"Our beautiful nation of Rifty will never agree to such terms of losing our WMDs or limiting when we can and can't use them. They are there purely for defense purposes and are yet to have been used in any other context. We will continue to produce and export these weapons for a profit - all in the name of business as well as international security.

In saying that - I must say Nay and that whatever decision is brought to on this matter will not be followed by our nations leaders."
Last edited by Rifty on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Rellacrystal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rellacrystal » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:08 pm

Rifty wrote:"Our beautiful nation of Rifty will never agree to such terms of losing our WMDs or limiting when we can and can't use them. They are there purely for defense purposes and are yet to have been used in any other context. We will continue to produce and export these weapons for a profit - all in the name of business as well as international security.

In saying that - I must say Nay and that whatever decision is brought to on this matter will not be followed by our nations leaders."

"I agree!" Replies the princess, after taking her seat at the table. "As I said, what if a spy/ bug got into a center nation of our region and exposed a weakness? We need our nuclear weapons to stay in their places, where they belong; our own nations. I still say nay." 8)
Last edited by Rellacrystal on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✯✯Rellacrystal✯✯

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:10 am

Rellacrystal wrote:
Rifty wrote:"Our beautiful nation of Rifty will never agree to such terms of losing our WMDs or limiting when we can and can't use them. They are there purely for defense purposes and are yet to have been used in any other context. We will continue to produce and export these weapons for a profit - all in the name of business as well as international security.

"I agree!" Replies the princess, after taking her seat at the table. "As I said, what if a spy/ bug got into a center nation of our region and exposed a weakness? We need our nuclear weapons to stay in their places, where they belong; our own nations. I still say nay." 8)

"But I think you'll find your highness, that they could just as easily hack into your nuclear deterrent." Said King Luke I with a smirk on his face.
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

Rellacrystal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rellacrystal » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:58 am

Reddogkeno101 wrote:"But I think you'll find your highness, that they could just as easily hack into your nuclear deterrent." Said King Luke I with a smirk on his face.

"And how do you know that?" Princess Caitlin retorts. "I bet they could just as easily hack into yours. I may be young, but I'm not stupid." She scrunches her eyebrows. "Why are you smiling? this is a serious debate, not a time for mockery."
✯✯Rellacrystal✯✯

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Rellacrystal wrote:
Reddogkeno101 wrote:"But I think you'll find your highness, that they could just as easily hack into your nuclear deterrent." Said King Luke I with a smirk on his face.

"And how do you know that?" Princess Caitlin retorts. "I bet they could just as easily hack into yours. I may be young, but I'm not stupid." She scrunches her eyebrows. "Why are you smiling? this is a serious debate, not a time for mockery."

"But we don't have nuclear weapons; they were eliminated years ago. " said King Luke I "We have a anti-nuclear missile defence system in progress, so no matter the outcome of this vote, we are safe. Now, we would be willing to sell our anti-ICBM systems for a reasonable cost. Would anyone be interested?"
'Straya

Rellacrystal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rellacrystal » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Reddogkeno101 wrote:
Rellacrystal wrote:

"But we don't have nuclear weapons; they were eliminated years ago. " said King Luke I "We have a anti-nuclear missile defence system in progress, so no matter the outcome of this vote, we are safe. Now, we would be willing to sell our anti-ICBM systems for a reasonable cost. Would anyone be interested?"

"Do you think that I knew that? Obviously not, because I've never been to Reddogkeno101," She says. "I'm moving my seat." the young leader moves her seat to a side farther from King Luke I. "I just hope that this won't go on forever," she says to herself. "I just wanted to be allies with everybody in the region."
✯✯Rellacrystal✯✯

Stretchington
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 02, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Stretchington » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:13 pm

"Not all WMDs are nuclear devices," General Stretch reminds everyone at the table, "we also have to consider biological and chemical agents." General Stretch stands up from the table and goes to get a bottle of flavored water.
Call me Stretch as that is who I am and who I shall remain for my entire life.

Genealogists are like monkeys: always in the trees.

Genealogy - it's only an obsession after all!

Genealogists don't die, they just lose their census.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Stretchington wrote:"Not all WMDs are nuclear devices," General Stretch reminds everyone at the table, "we also have to consider biological and chemical agents." General Stretch stands up from the table and goes to get a bottle of flavored water.

We are aware of this - Does not take away from the fact that we wish to keep all our WMDs that are both nuclear and not. Ban them as you please; Demand and Supply baby" interrupts CEO Rozeck.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Communist Latrobe
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Latrobe » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 am

Is it too late to join?

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:54 am

Communist Latrobe wrote:Is it too late to join?

OOC: Nah just jump in
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 am

Rifty wrote:
Stretchington wrote:"Not all WMDs are nuclear devices," General Stretch reminds everyone at the table, "we also have to consider biological and chemical agents." General Stretch stands up from the table and goes to get a bottle of flavored water.

We are aware of this - Does not take away from the fact that we wish to keep all our WMDs that are both nuclear and not. Ban them as you please; Demand and Supply baby" interrupts CEO Rozeck.

"But, it's either blow them up or they blow us up," Anthony stated.
I love kittens!

Rellacrystal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rellacrystal » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Anthony Willman wrote:
Rifty wrote:We are aware of this - Does not take away from the fact that we wish to keep all our WMDs that are both nuclear and not. Ban them as you please; Demand and Supply baby" interrupts CEO Rozeck.

"But, it's either blow them up or they blow us up," Anthony stated.

"He's got a point," says Princess Caitlin, after getting herself a can of Barq's Root Beer. "We've got to find a compromise." She squirms in her seat because of the itchy, traditional dress she chose to wore. "I'll be back in a minute..." she rises to change [because she can't darn stand it anymore!].

OOC: What's a WMD? I'm still fairly new to AoI and I don't know all the terms yet.
✯✯Rellacrystal✯✯

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates