NATION

PASSWORD

Meridia Region Page [ V. 2.3 | OOC | Accepting Applications]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Meridia Region Page [ V. 2.3 | OOC | Accepting Applications]

Postby Nova Sylva » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:35 pm

MERIDIA
THE PLACE THAT GOD FORGOT

Whether by the guidance of Fate's gentle hand, or by choosing of your own, you're here : the Place that God Forgot - Meridia. In either case, congratulations are in order. That's why we, the (not so) friendly denizens of Meridia have lovingly prepared this small primer for you. We hope it will answer any and all questions you have. If not, don't be afraid to ask your new brothers in arms, or even the guy on the far side of the rifle. We don't bite. Well, most of us, anyway.

Let's start by telling you that this introduction will be honest. We won't try to make ourselves look better than we are (you'd find out the truth for yourself anyway, then be angry at us for lying). We're dogs when it comes to war. If your looking for a nice region with helpful allies, you'd better look elsewhere, and turn back now.

There, we said it. We're no Maredoratica, nor Terra Firma, nor Haven. We're Meridia. The Place That God Forgot, and it's a name we carry with pride. The story behind it has nothing to do with the creation of the universe, sadly: Meridia has been in a constant state of war since before there even was a Meridia. Sure, nations have changed, borders have been drawn and redrawn, and alliances formed and broken - but that hasn't changed the fact that, somewhere in our region, there's always a war brewing. Located along the intersects of the Equator and Prime Meridian, Meridia is the center of the world, and quite fittingly, the center of attention.

So without further ado... welcome to Meridia, mate. Welcome home.

Feel your blood rise? Your stomach tingling with excitement? Do you want to sing your national anthem, cry out patriotic slogans or shoot someone right now? If yes, that was enough pathos, if not, you're a lost case. Either way, on to practical matters.

You can also find these links on Meridia’s region page.
A WAR OF INDUSTRY AND INFLUENCE
Status: Complete | http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=269014
Summary: Mozria, which occupied an oil-rich region of the Allied Nations near the city of Spreck, was facing increasingly violent assaults by militants armed by the Allied Nations Army. A flase-fire incident occurred between a Meinkraftian sniper team and a Mozrian helicopter, which resulted in a small skirmish which then escalated into full scale war. The Mozrian garrison, a division sized force known as the Durmensk Cavalry Guard, was besieged by three corps of Allied Nations troops. A Mozrian relief fleet was sent to save the DCG, and engaged the AN Navy off the coast. Then came the Sylvans...

SYLVA RISING
Status : Complete | http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=292711
Summary: In April of 2014 the Coalition State, it’s army rebuilt from the disaster of the Sidonian War, invaded the New Sylvan Republic. The result is the one of the bloodiest wars Meridia has ever seen, and one of the coolest roleplays.

THE FLAMING TORCH FOREVER
Status: Complete | http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311002
Summary: After the Sylva Rising, AKA the Second Sylvan War, the NSR decided that a necessary step in assuring it’s own territorial integrity (as well as expanding) was to destroy the Erquinian Commonwealth. With a revolution already brewing in the Erquinian protectorate, the Northern Collectives, the NSR funded a group of rebels known as the Norcol Freedom Front (NFF), before invading Erquin outright.[/align]
Work in progress.
Meridia's Map - Scale is one pixel : thirty km
Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Preferred Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname (for use in OOC):[/b]
[b]RP Population:[/b]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Best RP Example (Optional):[/b]

EXAMPLE APPS:

Nation Name: Nova Sylva
Preferred Name: The New Sylvan Republic
Nickname (for use in OOC): Syl
RP Population: 1.201 Billion
Government Type: Executive Dual-House Parliamentary Republic
Best RP Example (Optional): [url]Sylva Rising[/url]

Nation Name: Mozria
Preferred Name: Mozria or Moz
Nickname (for use in OOC): Mozria
RP Population: 1.439 Billion
Government Type: Congressional Confederacy of United States
Best RP Example (Optional):

Nation Name: Meinkraft
Preferred Name: Allied Nations
Nickname (for use in OOC): Clint, MK, or AN
RP Population: 1.367 Billion
Government Type: Centralist Parliamentary Democracy
Best RP Example (Optional):[/align]
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:48 am, edited 16 times in total.

Mozria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Nova Sylva wrote:MT, though we occasionally branch into PMT. For example, there are nations with giant flying aircraft carriers. Which is okay – as long as you don’t start shooting lasers, using Power Armor, and calling down orbital strikes, PMT is okay. This is always a case-by-case scenario; and Mozria runs our realism department. If it runs by him, its okay.

Since when did anybody have flying aircraft carriers? Did I miss something?

Also, PMT is typically not okay. If it uses anything projected to be a decade or more ahead of current tech, it is almost invariably incompatible with MT. This is, as you said, something that should be followed case-by-case. However, it would be nice to note the vast chasm of difference between MT and PMT in roleplaying.

P.S. - Most projections of "future weapons" and other hardware/practices thought to be soon to the battlefield are incorrect. Technology develops quickly (especially in wartime), but it does not develop fast enough for a demi-PMT nation to have UGVs, light exoskeletons and other similar imagined devices in an MT situation. The theoretical technology is there, but not the manufacturing base, experience bed or simple necessity required to produce, issue and operate such equipment in said time period.
Last edited by Mozria on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Erquin
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:35 am

Sylva, may I OP a thread that if approved by you, is brought up by both you and me about Erquin's colonization of NorthCol in 1897. Brainstorm if we need too to make it alittle more interesting.
Proud member of Septentrion

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:50 am

Erquin wrote:Sylva, may I OP a thread that if approved by you, is brought up by both you and me about Erquin's colonization of NorthCol in 1897. Brainstorm if we need too to make it alittle more interesting.

Go ahead, though I probably won't participate.

Northern Collectives
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Collectives » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Erquin wrote:Sylva, may I OP a thread that if approved by you, is brought up by both you and me about Erquin's colonization of NorthCol in 1897. Brainstorm if we need too to make it alittle more interesting.

I am still up for it, although I will not be able to participate in the 1930s RP because I was occupied by that time.
"New blood, new battles."-Ace Combat Zero
In the Darkness you win your glory. In your glory you gain valor, and in valor you gain honor. With honor you gain respect from your allies and enemy alike; and truly win over yourself.
My Top Five Games- Ace Combat Five: Unsung War, Ace Combat Four: Shattered Skies, League of Legends, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War; Dark Crusade
http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatches/nation=northern_collectives
I am Roman Catholic

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:24 am

Can't wait 'til the 30s, that's when AN imperialism was at it's height!

Also, Mozria's best RP example is here.
Last edited by Meinkraft on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!
コナーは、あなたは間違っています。

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Meinkraft wrote:Can't wait 'til the 30s, that's when AN imperialism was at it's height!

Also, Mozria's best RP example is here.

That's years old and was seriously bad. It was fun (for the most part), but bad.

Kreise
Secretary

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreise » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Nation Name:Grand Duchy of Kreise
Preferred Name: Kreise
Nickname (for use in OOC):Kresie
RP Population: ~2 million
Government Type:constitutional monarchy
Best RP Example (Optional):https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=319098

Meinkraft
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meinkraft » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:51 pm

ALSO, Before the date rolls over!

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the King and Parliament
All up alive.
Threescore barrels, laid below,
To prove old England's overthrow.
But, by God's providence, him they catch,
With a dark lantern, lighting a match!
A stick and a stake
For King James's sake!
If you won't give me one,
I'll take two,
The better for me,
And the worse for you.
A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,
A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,
A pint of beer to wash it down,
And a jolly good fire to burn him.
Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!
Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!
Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!
Last edited by Kirby Delauter on Wed, Jan 7, 2015 2:00 am, edited Delauter times in total.

ANTIFA!
コナーは、あなたは間違っています。

Soldier wrote:And then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth. And then he hearded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!
Alert Level:
5- At Peace
4- Raid Watch
3- At War
2- Nuclear War
1- Taking of the Capital
I'm Pan. Deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:01 am

Kreise wrote:Nation Name:Grand Duchy of Kreise
Preferred Name: Kreise
Nickname (for use in OOC):Kresie
RP Population: ~2 million
Government Type:constitutional monarchy
Best RP Example (Optional):https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=319098

Welcome to Meridia, Kreise!

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Im getting so much pressure to do a Starship troopers RP, but I cant bring myself to do it :P I was thinking MT against hordes of parasitic bug species...I would've lost...

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Wyatt in the 1984 RP = Erquinian blood?

Northern Collectives
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Collectives » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Erquin wrote:Wyatt in the 1984 RP = Erquinian blood?

They don't like you it appears xD
In the Darkness you win your glory. In your glory you gain valor, and in valor you gain honor. With honor you gain respect from your allies and enemy alike; and truly win over yourself.
My Top Five Games- Ace Combat Five: Unsung War, Ace Combat Four: Shattered Skies, League of Legends, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War; Dark Crusade
I am Roman Catholic

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:16 pm

It is quite apparent :P Damn Sylvans!

Northern Collectives
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Collectives » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Erquin wrote:It is quite apparent :P Damn Sylvans!

I can not support you here either, because i am an occupied territory.
I am Roman Catholic

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Northern Collectives wrote:
Erquin wrote:It is quite apparent :P Damn Sylvans!

I can not support you here either, because i am an occupied territory.

Technically you can, your a protectorate or a puppet territory. I did install a pro-Erquinian government, and you can rise troops for the benefit of the Erquinian troops, but your amount of divisions or brigades would probably be from 1-2 divisions, and you would probably have Erquinian equipment hand-me-downs. Considering its the 1980s, the Erquinian troops would have OC-58s, equivalent to the T80 or T72. The OC-46 is a hand-me-down issued in 1962, and probably will be like a T-54-55 or T62.

Northern Collectives
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Collectives » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Erquin wrote:
Northern Collectives wrote:I can not support you here either, because i am an occupied territory.

Technically you can, your a protectorate or a puppet territory. I did install a pro-Erquinian government, and you can rise troops for the benefit of the Erquinian troops, but your amount of divisions or brigades would probably be from 1-2 divisions, and you would probably have Erquinian equipment hand-me-downs. Considering its the 1980s, the Erquinian troops would have OC-58s, equivalent to the T80 or T72. The OC-46 is a hand-me-down issued in 1962, and probably will be like a T-54-55 or T62.

Alright, good to know. I like even though we are occupied by you, people still like your nation. Hmmm...I need to think on the basis of this some more, although the supporter cities would have been Vayne, Hecarim the limited naval assets of Ice Heart, you could probably raise about three regiments of three and half thousand men from Vayne and Hecarim, a small naval fleet(Very, very small, Frigates taking the places of battleships, and having no carriers of any kind ) from Ice Heart, and maybe a battalion or two of armored units from Hecarim or Ainle.
I am Roman Catholic

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Erquin wrote:
Northern Collectives wrote:I can not support you here either, because i am an occupied territory.

T-72s and T-80s are far from hand-me-downs. The Russian military still uses T-64s in reserves, for Pete's sake. The T-72BM is the primary tank in use by Russian ground troops today, serving alongside its direct descendant (the T-90) and its disowned half-cousin (the T-80U). The T-80U, due to high maintenance costs and other difficulties, is being phased out of service. The T-90MS, on the other hand, is the premiere of latest-generation Russian tanks that are very capable but also cost-efficient. There aren't too many of them in service anywhere yet, but that will change given time. For now, however, the T-72 will keep on going.
Last edited by Mozria on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:38 am

Mozria wrote:
Erquin wrote:Technically you can, your a protectorate or a puppet territory. I did install a pro-Erquinian government, and you can rise troops for the benefit of the Erquinian troops, but your amount of divisions or brigades would probably be from 1-2 divisions, and you would probably have Erquinian equipment hand-me-downs. Considering its the 1980s, the Erquinian troops would have OC-58s, equivalent to the T80 or T72. The OC-46 is a hand-me-down issued in 1962, and probably will be like a T-54-55 or T62.

T-72s and T-80s are far from hand-me-downs. The Russian military still uses T-64s in reserves, for Pete's sake. The T-72BM is the primary tank in use by Russian ground troops today, serving alongside its direct descendant (the T-90) and its disowned half-cousin (the T-80U). The T-80U, due to high maintenance costs and other difficulties, is being phased out of service. The T-90MS, on the other hand, is the premiere of latest-generation Russian tanks that are very capable but also cost-efficient. There aren't too many of them in service anywhere yet, but that will change given time. For now, however, the T-72 will keep on going.

Do you think the T-72 and T-55's - 62s are very capable in their ability as main battle tanks, Mozria?

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:02 am

Alright, Norcol, Erquin - make some room.

THE SYLVANS ARE COMING

Mozria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mozria » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:17 am

@Erquin: T-55s, 62s, etc. are very outdated and have little protection or firepower (T-55 couldn't even fire APFSDS, too early). The T-72, on the other hand, is still capable with more current models kitted with HERA and modern instruments. However, its performance against modern Western tanks is unknowable but likely subpar.

Aemen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aemen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:06 am

Nation Name: Aemen
Preferred Name: The Kingdom of Aemen
Nickname: (for use in OOC): Aemen
RP Population: 64 million
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Best RP Example: A Federal Feast

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:24 am

Aemen wrote:Nation Name: Aemen
Preferred Name: The Kingdom of Aemen
Nickname: (for use in OOC): Aemen
RP Population: 64 million
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Best RP Example: A Federal Feast

Welcome to Meridia, Aemen! Glad to have you aboard.

Erquin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Erquin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:27 am

You cant always win Sylva, we'll repel you for the good of our nation

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates