NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 34 | IC | Contest Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Menski
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Menski » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:59 am

Menski
Eve Lumini - Shadow Puppet
Original song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jbU6zE9pfJk

The lights turn on. There is a female actor at the side of the stage, looking bored, sitting on a table. The orchestra, hidden in the background, start to play the intro. Eve is standing in the centre.

'Late in day
Husband's still at work
When is he home?
I've long done with my chores
Bored and impatient
How to have a true fun day?'

As Eve is singing, more and more musicians are appearing out of the light mist.

'So I turn up a lantern, and let my fingers loose
Soon leaps on the far wall, a grey kangaroo
Now I'll send in a cougar, sneaking up from the floor
Legs and tails made of my fingers, and the eye's just a hole.'

Suddenly, projections of grey kangaroos and cougars. The actor starts collecting a pieces bits of material.

'Sharks take an effort, for their tail I use my foot
This leaves me unbalanced, but what can I do?
Now a palm faced up, curled fingers, behold it's a moose
Then a a finger throught the centre, that's 'cause I love hunting moose.'

Then, a man dressed in a moose costume jumps onto the stage.

'Set's all made
Of wall and my hats
Perhaps, it's time to let
The props list expand
Aluminium foil, cutting tool and clay
So I shape up new patterns, summer vegetables and fruit
Then we weave up a wire, a basket of food
Now some sellotaped blue jar to twin engine from corn
Make an aeroplane as soon as wings of paper are formed.'

Men and women wearing vegetable, food and aeroplane costumes start running round Eve Lumini. And the moose.

'Child made of chessboard, a tomato and two boots
A leek forms his mother - her hairs spikely glued
Next a glamorous shade figure of me made of wood
Not as fat as I'm in real life, on the wall I look so good
Second shadow is brought in, someone masculine and crude.'

The people dressed up start running around the actor.

'The dreamy young plumber, who once fixed the loo
I can sense him coming closer to me on the wall
I feel sweat and start to shiver when confronting the dolls
Just as he touched her, I heard tapping steps of shoes
It's clearly my husband - oh damn what to do?
I must hide all that I played with, he's soon in the room
This will be my little secret, normal service is resumed.'

A man walks on stage and all the 'puppets' walk off.

Menski will have position 20
Last edited by Menski on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 am

22. Elke and Elba
Lucia Korstice - Norshta Tii
Tune: Možda Mi sung by LUCE

In recent months, EETV (Elkean Television) has taken a more intriguing step of introducing unknown Elkean music to the world. This departs from the idea of mimicking tunes that are more well-accepted overseas, for music organically produced that represents and reflects Elke and Elba in its true light.

For WV34, EETV has decided to send Lucia Korstice. Whilst Lucia is well-known as a backing singer for many famous stars (such as WV32 entrant Helga Norrland) in Elke and Elba, she has not recorded a song herself.

This state of affairs only changed when Lucia Korstice decided to record Norshta Tii - of which was an extract from the ancient epic Kalenvalha - depicting the trials, tribulations and yet wonders of life setted to the tune produced by Alai Moortiisen ten years ago, who unfortunately died an untimely death after a short fight with cancer at the age of 33.

Lucia, witnessing the degeneration of her good friend Alai Moortiisen's health and his death, had reminded her that life is short and that time is never with us. No one had expected Moortiisen to die at 33. But no one can ever tell what will happen to us today or tomorrow; and that for every day we get back home safely from school or work, is a blessing in itself - every day, some will never get back. And they never ever will have the chance to do so, to the end of eternity.

Whilst Lucia hates being in the limelight - and she very well know that this song will thrust her into it; she understands that despite so, she must record this song - just to fulfill her good friend's second-last wish.

And she's here tonight in Thatcher City, to complete the very last wish of her good friend - to sing this very song to a worldwide audience.

Unlike Helga in WV32, Lucia sings Norshta Tii without the use of backing singers entirely.
Bold refers to the chorus.

Lucia is seen with a lovely green dress with an old-fashioned microphone.

*music box sounds*

*music starts*

The stage starts off pitch dark - even Lucia herself cannot be seen.

Neymen seyn oostasku
karnak na oosblaru
verva taz vreytina
oo lein ja dra

Additional accompaniments can be heard - at the same time, a faint white spotlight is shone on Lucia - which increasingly gets brighter.
Lucia is seen to be somewhat forlorn at this stage.

Ilsen ley cruus le riiti krein
maasen ma rhusta erdala
u retsa haapla lappmaran
da serva ishtin ersein mi

The spotlight reaches its full brightness, with Lucia's sadness changing into slight happiness as seen on her face.

She closes her eyes and sings louder than before.

Norshta serva trosroevi, norshta tii
rijarme mailmaa may reyvar-vii
norshta uustarise tii urnala oorves orvrene
kaskmor de roymiin ley e norviin ra

The instrumental is heard; Lucia sways around dancing while still singing "Oooh..." to complement the instrumental.

The spotlight spreads out and lights up the entire stage.

Ernin ja ruulu raaplina
maariglin say noor mishlina
rijenya rhaja ersean ma
ilma staramin riimas ye

Balloons of various colours are released around the stage, forming a rainbow-like sort of feel in the arena as the white light is coloured as they pass through the material of the translucent balloons.

Lucia continues singing (whilst swaying slightly side to side), looking satisfied. She does slight hand movements throughout this repeated chorus.

Norshta serva trosroevi, norshta tii
rijarme mailmaa may reyvar-vii
norshta uustarise tii urnala oorves orvrene
kaskmor de roymiin ley e norviin ra

The surrounding turns back to pitch darkness again - with a sole spotlight shining on Lucia, who proceeds to finish off singing softly.

Neymen seyn oostasku
karnak na oosblaru
rima rhas ravala
oo lein ja draaaaa...

The audience gives Lucia a thunderous applause; a smiling Lucia in return replies a slightly-inaudible "Thank You" to the audience, proceeds to take a bow and makes her way slowly off the stage and into the Green Room. She know that her duty is over - her friend will be satisfied no matter how well or how poorly the song will do at voting; after all, what other people thinks about the song was never a concern to her - for only the opinion of the ones she cherished mattered to her.
Last edited by Elke and Elba on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:16 am

23-Normandy and Picardy
Andrew Berten - The Banner of Red
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfM9gQkfwyg

Andrew Berten walks onto the stage, wearing the full red suit in the spoiler below. His hair, which is long, swishes from side to side. He sits behind his piano and starts playing the opening. Next to him sits a guitarist who is unnamed. A white spotlight is placed above Andrew as he begins to sing.

At first, you were a sad little girl
You lay there crying, holding your head in your arms
Then you delivered to the Promised Land
And you were saved from the burning fires
So grateful you are
And now you can fight once again
And you are

Berten stands up, walks to the middle of the stage and the lights turn red as the chorus begins.

Strong and Noble
Hopeful, ever looking
To the future and the joining of mankind
Who would stand in your way?
A child so proud
filled with wonder and how
Could anyone be better than you?
So I say stand up people
Unite under the banner of red

You were able to stand on your two legs again
You are able to live your life to the full
And I have often wandered amongst your valleys
And within your glorious walls, and have asked
What can compare to thee?
May you last for ever more
And you are

During the second half of the verse, two young dancers in traditional clothing come onto the stage followed by members of the Njatguardedel (National Guard) in full regalia. The dancers begin dancing a traditional dance called the Lorponcdanja (Womanly Dance), which involves the man dancing around the woman whilst she partakes in a form of tap dancing.

Strong and Noble
Hopeful, ever looking
A child so proud
So I say stand up people

The lights become white and are dimmed as the second chorus ends.

I am so proud of you
I am so lucky to be of thee
I want to sing of thee forever but I must
Leave your halls someday
But until then you are

A choir walk onto the stage and the lights become red again
Strong and Noble
Hopeful, ever looking
A child so proud
So I say stand up people
So I say stand up people
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:20 am

Viktor: Hello and welcome, everybody, to the Polkopian coverage of the Worldvision Song Contest brought to you live from Thatcher City, Mister X. We have a great crowd here, so hopefully the show will be equally as good, though I can't promise much. You hardcore Worldvision fans out there know what I'm talking about when I say that it's nearly impossible to predict how great or terrible this event will be. Though, after taking a look at the running order, I can safely say that the first few minutes of the show will be... interesting to say the least. Anyway, let's take a look, shall we? I think the Mister Xian opening act is about to perform!

Opening Act:

Victor: Well, can't blame them for trying, right? I mean, the stage effects were there, but that's where it ends. Can't say I'm a huge fan of this, but it looked pretty, and isn't that what most people look for in an opening act? A good visual performance usually means the most in an opening act, and if I judged the act based solely on that, then I'd like it very much.

But I don't. The lyrics are cheap, and a bit repetitive. I also beg to differ about the snoring issue brought up in the song. I've fallen asleep several times during some performances in Worldvision history, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here. If they can guarantee that nobody will fall asleep throughout the show, then by all means, go for it. I doubt this will be the case though. There's always at least one entry that puts people to sleep.

Anyway, I've gone on too much about this. Off to the first performance of the night, which is none other than Missus X. Enjoy.

1. Missus X:

Victor: Okay, well forget what I said when I told you to 'enjoy' this performance, because if you did in fact, enjoy this, then I worry for your safety and well-being. In fact, I'm surprised that we allowed so much to be broadcasted, given the chain of events that occurred throughout this performance.

I'm also being told that 50,000 members of the audience have lost their lives from this performance. I sincerely hope for Missus X's sake that none of those 50,000 were Polkopian citizens, because I have a feeling that our glorious dictator, Semyon Polk, would not stand for such. If that's all then, we're off to song number two, where Drew Green will sing for the The Jasminia Islands. Hopefully this will be less deadly than the previous song. Crossing my fingers!

2. The Jasminia Islands:

TBA

3. The Sarin:

Victor: Now, before I rate the song, I have to say, I quite like this girl, Rebekka here. Apparently in her home country, her song was criticized for containing profanity, and she gave a bit of backlash toward them which I found quite humorous. I'm not allowed to say such words on here, but you can follow her account on Chirpr and see for yourself what she posted. Fair warning though, the language contains some of the words that Rebekka herself said after her performance.

Ah yes, the song. I think it was a good choice to bring in an alternative song. I actually quite like this, despite the language present in the chorus. I think it's nice to have a song of this particular genre to be performed within the first few acts of the night. I like what the song stands for, and they couldn't have picked a better artist to perform this song.

Next up, we have... Gregoryisgodistan, with the song, oh that's nice, the song is called "Let's Blow Up Saintland". Now this should be interesting. Be prepared for mild violence and live executions.

4. Gregoryisgodistan:

Victor: I apologize to some of the viewers who were not able to watch the entire video due to restrictions on the Polkopian Broadcasting Channel, preventing us from broadcasting other nations' propaganda. Now, if I'm not mistaken, the Polkopian audience was able to view the second half of the song, starting with the massive fire burning on stage. Yes. Again, I apologize for the graphic content seen here today.

I don't know, I quite like Saintland, and I don't understand why Gregoryisgodistan would dedicate an entire Worldvision entry to portray violence against them. Maybe it's because Gregoryisgodistan is inhabited with a bunch of psychos and freaks. Hmph. That about sums them up, really. Dictator Polk, if you're watching, I strongly recommend placing an embargo on this nation. Or nuke them. Whatever works.

Excuse me for that, I guess I got a bit carried away. Anyway, next to perform is Pudding DeFarrah, representing the nation of Gregory Llama Land with the song... *sigh*, "Here’s the Land of Gregoryisgodistan".

5. Gregory Llama Land:

Victor: Upon hearing the title, I thought that this artist was applauding Gregoryisgodistan. Nope, I was wrong. I actually really don't like this song, but I love the message. I wouldn't even mind it if this song played over the radio again and again. But anyway, those are just my personal thoughts. Can't get too carried away now can we?

So for the most part, this edition had been nothing but propaganda, death, and fire. Of course, there were some entries which were bearable, but I can't say that they'll stand out much over the others. This song is my favorite out of the, and excuse my language here but, shitty songs. Yes, out of the shitty songs, I like this one the most. Call me rude, but I'm just being brutally honest. The only bearable song so far was the third entry, and I've already forgotten the name!

Enough about this entry. We're going to take a quick break, and we'll be right back with Sumaltheria's entry.
Last edited by Polkopia on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Norfolk and Suffolk
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Norfolk and Suffolk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:02 pm

24: Norfolk and Suffolk
Paula - So You Say

Folkan musician Paula enters from centre stage, wearing a torn white dress and a beautiful golden-chained necklace with a large green stone at the heart. The lights fall down to focus on her, and the pyros light up around the edge of the stage.

Down in little-Norwich city,
Lights they shine so bright,
'Tis the legend of Saint He-oh.
You must wrong the rights.

In all of the deepest-darkest points,
Depths of your past,
You must open your soul,
To your fears: the flaws

Suddenly the lights move up, and four dancers enter the stage wearing green tribal wear, with two on each side, performing some kind of tribal ritual dance. They surround Paula as she sings.

So you say, so you say, so you say, eh!
So you say, aha!
Don't you know?
Don't you know? (No no?)
So you say!

So you say, aha!
Don't you know?
Don't you know? (No no?)
You cannot lie.

The dancers disperse into different points of the stage and their dancing slows. Paula steps forward, rocking from side to side gently.

Eeeeeeee.... So you say.
Eeeeeeee.... Don't you know?
Eeeeeeee.... So you say.
Eeeeeeee.... You cannot lie.

The lights focus back on Paula and the dancers stop, facing away from the cameras and crowd. A Dutch angle is on Paula as she sings, slowly panning.

It's the fire that brings us,
Together at heart,
'Tis the melody of your
Soul: your passion

You've always been a fighter.
But now here, no.
It's time to do the right thing,
Just to crush the fears.

Once again, the dancers join Paula on stage and move around her in the same tribal dance: this time the lights seem to focus on their movements.

So you say, aha!
Don't you know?
Don't you know? (No no?)
So you say!

So you say, aha!
Don't you know?
Don't know? (No no?)
You cannot lie.

Paula herself performs a solo dance similar to that of her dancers, although she moves down to get close to the crowd.

[Instrumental]

So you say!

Don't you know?

So you say!

You cannot lie!

For the final part of the performance a male dancer joins the stage and the other dancers surround him.

But now you know, now you know, now you know, oh.
Now you know, you know! (Now you know!)
Now you know, now you know, now you know, oh.
Now you know, now you know, now you know, oh.
But now you know, now you know, now you know, oh.

The dancers around the male dancer leave the stage as the tempo begins to slow down, and the remaining dancer moves close to Paula. He is slowly moving around her and she is starring into the TV cameras: the lights dim out.

Eeeeeeee.... It's the truth!
Eeeeeeee.... That makes you feel!
Eeeeeeee.... The strength within!
Eeeeeeee.... You cannot lie.

There is a silence in the arena, other than the starting cheers of the audience. Suddenly a large flare like graphic is projected onto the stage and a final thud of drums sounds the end of the performance. Paula stays still for a moment before raising her microphone, shouting "Thank you Worldvision, Norfolk and Suffolk, Mister X, I love you!" as the crowd roars.
Last edited by Norfolk and Suffolk on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:30 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:13 pm

25. EKOZ
Dhani Volsoek - Come and See

Dhani Volsoek, 23, winner of MelodieFestivaalen, represents Ekoz with his single, Come and See. Come and See entered at #1 on the Ekozian iTunes Chart, and is currently climbing the charts around the world.

As the crowd cheer, and Dhani's postcard finishes playing, a spotlight appears, with Dhanni, in costume stood center stage. The music starts.

I, I, I, oh, I,

As the first beat kicks in, the entire stage is in view, with the backdrop visible, reading "Dhani's Circus". On stage, there are two cages either side, with two lions, inside. Also on stage, and two dancers either side of Dhani.

I’ve been lookin’ for that someone’
Who can take my heart,
Livin’ life in the fast lane,
Make a brand new start,
Just don’t think about tomorrow
Put it all on card,

I don’t know where we are goin’
But we won’t show signs of slowin’ Are you ready for our fantasy, you and me,
Come and See

(Come and See

After after the second ''Come and See'', four aerial dancers are lowered from the stage, and another two in hoops also are lowered.

I might be a little crazy,
but do you want some fun?
We can get a little hazy,
Show you how it’s done, (woh oh oh)
We don’t know what is out there,
But we’re on the run,

You’ll be right here in the danger, With the your fate lying on stranger,
Do you want to take the leap?
Run with me?

The same is then repeated as the 'Come and Sees start. The lighting remails bright, and circus like, and firebreathers then start to take to the stage.
(Come and See) Oh come and see
(Come and See) Oh come and see
(Come and See) Just leave with me, woh
(Come and See) Just come and see, baby

As the bridge starts, fire surrounds the stage, and Dhani rises onto a giant stool. Fire surrounds Dhani, and the surrounding stage lighting is darkened.

Livin on the edge,
Don’t and know where and don’t know when,
Go or stay?
I think it's time to take my hand Cos if we take the leap, Then it’s ‘us’ until the end,
I can show you the world, if you want me too, oh oh.

The stage turns completely dark, with a single spotlight on a now shirtless Dhani still standing on the stool. The camera pan's straight onto Dhani's upper body, as he sings the final 'Come and see', he holds his hand out and winks at the camera.

Oh, don’t you let it go
Yeah, don’t you let it go, yeah
Woh, come and see
Woh no oh no, come and see

As the final chorus starts, the stage is completely lit. The stage is full of jugglers, clowns, dancers, as well as the aerial dancers. Fire rises from all parts of the stage, and giant wall of sparks is alight at the back of the stage. Dhani is running around the stage, inviting the audience to enter into his circus world.

(Come and See) Cmon oh, cmon oh
(Come and See) Let it be, baby
(Come and See)
(Come and See)

Come and See
Come and See
Come and See
just come and see.

The fire and smoke sprays to the beats of the final part of the song, with the lighting flashing, similar to strobe lighting, but not as fast. On the final beat, a HUGE bang is set off. A giant smoke cloud appears, with the stage turning black. The dancers, circus cage, aerial dancers and all others on stage have disappeared.

The audience then let of a massive cheer, with the camera zooming in onto an Ekozian flag at the crowd.
Last edited by Ekoz on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 pm

25. Lymantatia - Reserved
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Syrche » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:43 am

27. Syrche
Danil Kim - Gravity
Tune: Alan Kuo - Ling
English - Dåtsche - Bao

Danil Kim
Backup Vocals [English Translation]
Bao {Phonetic} [English Translation]

An Aura of blue blanketed the stage in a thick, dreamlike atmosphere as Danil Kim emerged on the stage, dressed in A white hoodie and blue jeans. Guitar in hand, he joined the band, which had been assembled solely for this performance. It consisted of Ailen Hermist on Guitar, Lænden Gasterflød on Drums, and Azrael, (formerly of the Alternative band Indikka) on Synth and Effects.

The day was here. The world would know his name. He had mixed emotions about that.

Danil Kim was the second born son of his family. They had immigrated to Syrche from Chaill Bao, a large island nation in the Asiatic Sea, where the working day was long and the compensation was scarce. Sÿrchesi outreach programs assisted in the effort to bring the family to Syrche. They were brought to the city of Wilkja, known as the Sÿrchesi Capital of Culture; it was easily the most culturally diverse city in the country, and a much better fit for the family than anywhere else. The differences from their old home to their new one were astonishing, and the gap seemed a hard one to bridge.

Danil's father worked long hard hours in a factory, and he was often very tired, but they had food on the table. They had clothing on their backs. Danil attended a Sÿrchesi school, Inner City Consolidated School, specifically, where he learned to read and write in both Dåtsche and English. The English came fairly easily to him, though he had a distinct Asiatic accent, but the Dåtsche language was very hard for him to learn. He was thinking of this presently.

Strekket på kÿnsla'f 'et! Don't mess THAT up!!!

He felt that his country would be highly disgraced, he would be a mockery if he could not properly represent them.

His left hand positioned on the guitar frets, he let loose his right hand, and the pick went instinctively to
the beginning notes of the song.

Lænden and Azrael soon joined in, with Ailen playing a few highly distorted notes now and then.

How many restless nights will i have to spend calling your name?
dont go, i pray
i still need you with me

if this guitar is all i have left to convince you to stay
remain, with me what are my chances you say?

The girl beneath the empty stare is one who used to love me
before it all just started slipping away

this song is all i have to be able to save you today
or at least to bring you back home to me

As the bridge began, Danil tensed a bit. He leaned into the microphone more, making sure to emphasize ever single Dåtsche word. The wind machine to the side of the stage was turned on, blowing a breeze past his face. It swept his hair to one side and helped to create a very moody look, which appropriately complimented the song.

trots min egen smerts [despite my own pain]
Jeg deside att for ons selver skride [i make my own choice for once]

Att stå for min [to stand up for myself]
Avfekt min liv med ikke dig på min side [to make my life without you by my side]

As the backup vocals in the bridge kicked in a second time, Danil breathed a barely noticeable sigh of relief. He had pronounced the Dåtsche words correctly, albeit with a bit more emphasis than was needed, but he was sure that it had translated well. His relief was brief, as the instrumentation kicked into high gear for the chorus.

The lighting on the stage transitioned from the hazy blue to a hue of bright yellow.

i'm sorry i can not buy into your beautiful lie
every night that we shared, itching at my memory
love could see you return to me here once again
through a chemistry lost, in the idolitry.

I'm sorry you were denied the rich and beautiful life
I've been awake many nights waiting for you to come clean
I'm still here lying awake wishing there was some way
our hearts could withstand the weight of the gravity
that pulls us in.

The stage lights dimmed down to a sort of sepia color as the music slowed. During the next to last line, Danil reached out his left hand, as if to touch, but pulled back, as though rejected.

oh girl you always insisted that there must be some way
don't talk, just wait, for the want of each other
i want to touch you but i feel your body tremble again
save face, don't talk, you know there's nothing to say

As the bridge began again, the wind machine picked up a little, and the lights began transitioning back to blue, as a spotlight was introduced on Danil.

med et hjerte deprime [With a heart so saddened]
Jeg deside att for ons selver skride [i make my own choice for once]

Att step en vei [to walk away]
Commencer min liv med ikke dig [beginning my life without you ]

The lighting returned to a bright Yellow, this time pulsing with bright white lights behind it as the chorus began again.

Danil was really starting to get into the song at this point, noting the crowds strong, favorable reaction to the lighting transition.

if this whole thing was a lie, then why should i even try?
when every night that we shared becomes a painful memory.
प्यार 능 력 당 신 戻 り ま す {Pyara nyeungleog dansin modorimasu} [Love would enable you to return]
하지만이 없습니다 に戻ります {Hajiman i obseub-nieda ni modorimasu} [but there is none to return to]

The crowd erupted when Danil began to sing in his native language. It came effortlessly to him, and was very natural sounding. This served to accentuate his tone, and it carried through the crowd, even putting Danil more at ease as he entered the final bit of the song.

I'm sorry you were denied the rich and beautiful life
I've been awake many nights waiting for you to come clean
Jeg er her rigt nå [i'm here right now]
and i'm still waiting for you
하지만 हम दोनों हैं {Hajiman hama dunoma} [but we are both]
held by the gravity
that pulls us in.

Ailen, the guitarist stepped forward, momentarily stealing the spotlight to play a small guitar solo.

[GUITAR]

Ailen backed away and Danil returned to center stage, belting the vocals more forcefully this time.
As the last verse was sung the stage lights, which were mostly yellow, began to filter in at first reds, and then blues, ending in a deep purple haze.

The sorrow lingers in life throughout the beautiful lies
in every half-hearted smile in this dream awakened.
all dag er længere nå, perhaps d'er nesceti så [every day is long now, perhaps for a reason]
strekket på kÿnsla'f 'et gravity. [reinforced by the weight of the gravity]
that pulls us in
It pulls us in...

Danil stopped singing, and the guitarist played a small outro. As the song ended, the lights began to dim from the edges to the center, leaving a single purple spectrum shining down on Danil. That too soon faded, and the audience applauded.
Last edited by Syrche on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:53 am

SNN Coverage of the 34th WorldVision Song Contest
With Wil Cousins and Vidi Walters

Live commentary of the the WorldVision Song Contest from TV Host, Wil Cousins and Singer/Songwriter, and fourth placed in the 32nd WVSC, Vidi Walters.

01 - Missus X

Wil ... We're here ladies and gentlemen
Vidi Sorry for the delay, trafics awful.
Wil Vidi, seems we've missed the first act.
Vidi Shame, we always enjoy Missus X, don't we Wil!
Wil Smaller crowd than I expected.
Vidi Anyway, I think we're ready for the second act, The Jasmania Isles.
Wil Do you smell burning?

02 - The Jasmania Isles

-reserved-

Wil To vote for The Jasmania Isles, the number is 30776 002
Vidi You can not vote until landlines open after every act has performed.
Wil Next up with have our own performance, Rebekka Layce, with her song, Revenge Will Be Mine.

03 - The Sarian

Wil As a WorldVision competitor yourself, Vidi - what did you think of Rebekka?
Vidi She has a fantastic voice at such a young age but I always find more anthemic songs do better, we may struggle to get points here.
Wil I don't think her antics helped here.
Vidi No, I don't think they did.

Wil Just a reminder, you can not vote for Rebekka.
Vidi Next up, we have Gregoryisgodistan and Lets all burn Saintland.

04 - Gregoryisgodistan

Vidi Aside from the usual Gregoryisgodistan antics, what did you think Wil?
Wil Really catchy tune, I think it would be really good sung by a show choir.
Vidi Obviously with less human sacrifices.
Wil *laughs* Of course.

Vidi To vote for Singer XX *stutters* lots of number of Gregoryisgodistan the number to call is 30776 004
Wil Lines open after all acts have performed. Do not attempt to vote before then.
Vidi Now if one Gregory isn't enough, here is Gregory Llama Land.

05 - Gregory Llama Land

Wil I really did not like that.
Vidi Went on for too long and was down right insulting to our regional neighbours.
Wil Not the behaviour you would expect from a competing nation. Slander, slander, slander.

Vidi The number to vote is 30776 004
Wil Vidi, that's the number for Gregor- oh!
Vidi Next we have Sumaltheria.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Postby Britonisea » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:59 am

BVC

Channel: 102, Show: WorldVision 34 (Mister X), Next: Teleshopping

With: Peter P Larry and Tess Phillipa.

Tess: Hello Britonisea and welcome to the one and only, WorldVision 34!
Peter: Yes, it is me Tennis Superstar (Ranked 19: best Rank: 6) and Singing Superstar, who has whipped up an impressive 20 million subscribers on mytube, it is Tess Phillipa.
Tess: Peter is here as he moves away from Tennis, he will start is musical journey but of course, he needs to play in the ATP World Tour Finals! Right?
Peter: Of Course, for you Tess. Look it is the Nation's march and we go straight in to the Opening Ceremony. Let's have a look.

ACT 00- The Opening Ceremony

Tess: And despite the weather,
We'll all come together!
Even if you're made of leather,
Let's all come together!
And despite the weather,
We'll all come together!
Peter: Beautiful song and it really captures the essence of Mister X.
Tess: I totally agree.
Peter: Right, we are going to take a break before going on to the first nation, Missus X.

ACT 01- Missus X

Peter: Right, I didn't know this was music. It was a mess.
Tess: Yes, It is not music but It was supposed to be a full song before the stupid NS Officials said that this can't go on TV.
Peter: Idiots. This is a 0/5
Tess: Tell me about it. 0/5!
Peter: So, To Vote "Missus X" Please call 012-4567-89001, or text NATION01 to 0124567.
Tess: Or vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app.
Peter: Okay, next we have a nation in our hearts, The Jasminia Islands.

ACT 02- The Jasminia Islands

Tess: Right, To Vote "The Jasminia Islands" Please call 012-4567-89002, or text NATION02 to 0124567.
Peter: Or vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app.
Tess: Next we have The Sarian!

ACT 03- The Sarian

Peter: My gosh!
Tess: What is it?
Peter: They gave me spicy Chicken. I wanted stewed.
Tess: Back to the music, this song has a lot of swearing and because Britonisea's population has at least 1.9 billion under 18's, this is not good. But I liked it. 4/5.
Peter: And I bet you most of them speak in this swearing language. It's normal. I give it top marks.
Peter: Right, To Vote "The Sarian" Please call 012-4567-89003, or text NATION03 to 0124567.
Tess: Or vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app.
Peter: Next we have Gregoryisgodistan blowing up one of my favourite nation. Here's Let's blow up Saintland.

ACT 04- Gregoryisgodistan

Tess: I love it! Let's blow up Saintland tonight!!!! Oh and 4/5
Peter: Yes I want to blow up Saintland but in our free time. 4/5
Tess: A nice, usual Gregoryisgodistani song. It would be a great thing to show people especially primary school children.
Peter: Yes, there is nothing more to say but to improve next time Gregoryisgodistan, maybe sing about something upbeat.
Tess: Right, To Vote "Gregoryisgodistan" Please call 012-4567-89004, or text NATION04 to 0124567.
Peter: Or vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app.
Tess: Next, Gregory Llamaland.

ACT 05- Gregory Llamland

Peter: Anti or Pro Gregoryisgodistan?
Tess: I really don't know.
Peter: Just help me. I give this a 3/5
Tess: I give it a 2.
Peter: Hahahaha, why? To Vote "Gregory Llamland" Please call 012-4567-89005, or text NATION04 to 0124567.
Tess: Just a 2, Or vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app.
Peter OKay fine, we are going to take a break. After we have Titanium, Polkopia and the hosts themselves, Mister X.

[BREAK which leads straight into Sumaltheria's performance]

ACT 06- Sumaltheria

Peter: Welcome back to WorldVision 34.
Tess: Right, we haven't been in a WV with Sumaltheria before so this is a start.
Peter: What is she? A ghost? I give that a 3.
Tess: Hmmm, I give that a 4. It was interesting about the black and white. I doubt that they'll come first because we have other great nations- even the ones who have performed so far- so if people of these nations pay attention to this nation then they could be successful.
Peter: Vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app.
Tess: Otherwise, just call 012-4567-89006 or text NATION04 to 0124567. Try to use the capitals when lines open.
Peter: Who do we have next Miss?
Tess: Looks like we have Kasanova-Koratica.

ACT 07- Kasanova-Korantica

Peter: I do not like it.
Tess: It is okay. Nothing special. A 3/5. You Peter?
Peter:: 3/5. Please just call 012-4567-89007 or text NATION07 to 0124567.
Tess:Vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app, what's wrong Peter?
Peter: I don't know, I don't feel well because we have to wait so long for Britonisea!!!!!
Tess: Don't worry kiddo, we have our hosts now!
Peter: I am 26.

ACT 08- Mister X

Tess: I din't like it because it just repeats the same thing over and over. Quite disappointed. I would rate them a 2.5 out of 5 so that is 50% Very disappointed.
Peter: I am not disappointed, but I am not pow-owed either. If I were you Tess, I would rate them a 3.5 because although it got monotonous, it was apart of someone's experience.
Tess: Very good language! If you would like to vote "Mister X" please call 012-4567-89008 or text NATION08 to 0124567.
Peter: You can also Vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app!!
TessPeople with their technology. Remember lines are not open until all acts perform. Next up is act 9, Polkopia.

ACT 09- Polkopia

Peter: So, the person on the stage didn't do much. It felt quite vacant...I am disappointed. However, I really liked the lyrics and the moral and therefore I am giving them a 4.5, you?
Tess: I went to Polkopia to look at the stage that Mr Liamson will perform "Deceived by the World" that we will hear later on.
Peter: Yes, I can't wait until we hear Deceived by the World. It is about someone taking his wife and kids. It's sad. Polkopia did an okay job.
Tess: I would give them a 3.
Peter: If you would like to vote "Polkopia" please call 012-4567-89009 or text NATION09 to 0124567 when lines open.
Tess: Or even vote via the free WorldVision App, Each vote cost 50p via the phone and text and 15p on the Free app!!
Peter: Let's go on to Act 10, which is Titaniumland.

ACT 10- Titaniumland

Tess: If you want to vote "Titaniumland" please call 012-4567-89010 or text NATION10 to 0124567 when lines open.
Peter: You can even vote via the app!
Tess: You can now listen the the music via our page. Next is KwaDai with a sad song for WV34.

ACT 11- KwaDai

Peter: He was just standing on the stage without doing any stage direction. Just in the middle of the stage. No lighting...that makes it boring. If you listened carefully, you could of heard me crying in the background. it was so sad, can you relate to me Tess?
Tess: No. I think it was good. It don't need no stage directions-
Peter: You mean I doesn't need ANY stage directions?
Tess: yes what ever.
Peter: If you want to vote "KwaDai" please just call 012-4567-89011 or text NATION11 to 0124567.
Tess: I think it is a time for a break before going straight in to Tödlichebujoku!

[BREAK which leads straight in to the next act]

ACT 12- Tödlichebujoku

Tess: This is a quite sad song. 3/5. Anyway, this is nearly half way through the Contest and before we listen to our beloved country please welcome Britonish superstar who is in the running to sing in WV35- Katty Pissm.
Katty: Thanks. I am very happy to be here.
Peter: So Katty, thoughts about Act 12? 'd give it a 5/5.
Katty: Yes, I thought that is was quite a sad song, we really need some spice in the next song.
Tess: I have had some news saying that someone might leak something during our performers performance that will give you just that! The honours Katty?
Katty: Okay honey! If you want to vote for Todlichebujoku, please call 012-4567-89012 or even text NATION12 to 0124567!
Peter: Yes or vote via the App. Lines are not yet open.
Tess: Here we go... please welcome...
ALL: Britonisea! With Deceived by the World!!

ACT 13- Britonisea

#Song starts# blah blah blah
#Tape scrapped#

Peter: What is going on here?
Katty: Oh no, who has done this?
Tess: Adding some spice. Any thoughts so far?
Peter: I don't know, I liked it. But why did they scrap it. Oh look! He tried to hit an official!
Katty: Jeez Loiuse! It's the wife! And kids...
Tess: That man is handsome. He needs to come to me tonight.
Katty: Eeeer they need a room. Look at the drama. The crowd is booing...
Peter: And cheering, look he is getting back on stage. Let's shut up.

#Next song starts#

Katty: Wow! Listen to that crowd they are cheering for him so loudly. I guess the song changed to Deceived by Polkopia init.
Peter: Yes. Looking very interesting. We will catch up with him (Mr. Liamson) later!
Tess: We can't vote for Britonisea but we wish we could.
Katty: How did they crew know what to do if they didn't rehearse this song?
Peter: Magic. Next on after that drama is... Free Repubics.

ACT 14- Free Repubics

Katty: Good Enough. 2.5.
Peter: Nothing to say. 3.
Tess: Liven up. We just had Britonisea. Yes they talk about God and all that but still, it was a good song. Don't you agree? YES? 5 out of 5!
Peter: To vote for "Free Ruplics" then just call 012-4567-89014 or text NATION14 to 0124567.
Katty: Or vote via the App.
Tess: Time to take a break.

[BREAK: Longer Break End of Part One.]
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

North Britonisea
Attaché

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Act 28, North Britonisea- enjoy

Postby North Britonisea » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:02 am

28. North Britonisea-
Be my ♥♥♥ now- Dotty Ragg Girl ft Smoocher
All About that Bass- Fleur East (XFactor UK Version)

Normal is Dotty Ragg Girl and Bold is Smoocher.

On the stage there was a pole dancer on the pole. On the stage there was a PG 13 sign. And the two come on the stage. Dotty Ragg Girl wearing what looked like a rubbish bad and Smoocher wearing...nothing. They were getting ready. The embraced each other.

I don't want ♡
You'll get it, You'll get it
Nor a ♡♡
You want it
Please not a ♡♡♡
You need it, You need it
I don't want a ♡♡♡♡
Let's go!

The poll dancer was a woman and now that Smoocher was wooing her, naked, she started singin of course, and then a few men in nickers came on the stage.

Hey, I really like you
But I maybe dirty...A dirt rag girl.
But guess what? I do not care.
I wanna be your ♥♥♥

They do some rythmic dancing on the polls and ♥ happened. When it happens everybody has to kiss someone, anyone.

Kiss me again and again until we die
Come here girl, yeah come to me
Stroke me with butter and hold me tight.
I will hold you tight, babe.
If you don't wan't to be my Smoocher lover...
What? What? Will happen happen?
Get yourself out of my house
Pardon?
Be my ♥♥♥ now!
Be my ♥♥♥ now!
Be my ♥♥♥ now!
Be my ♥♥♥ now!

At the be my part, a man or a woman and or man and a man or woman or a woman would just hug eachother until that part was finished.

In 1987!
You and your Sh**ty friends hurt me.
Now, I'm sorry
We was only 9
Actually 12
And honey later your nice bit were right on my lips
Cheecks

"1987" was the all stars family fortune noice again and the scenes change. The men took of their clothes and was dancing, naked. Poor children and some liquid was coming out. I might of been pee. hopefully. Then the "bits were" actually happened on smoocher and DRG.

Kiss me again and again until we die
I will, when we get home
Stroke me with butter and hold me tight.
We need to, go ASDA!
If you don't wan't to be my Smoocher lover...
Or, or what? What? What?
Get yourself out of my house
Pardon?
Be my ♥♥♥ now!
Be my ♥♥♥ now!
Be my ♥♥♥ now!
Be my ♥♥♥ now!

Same as the first chorus but that thing that Fleur did with her hips is what Dotty Ragg Girl did. The crowd was speechless.
Last edited by North Britonisea on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Syrche » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:47 am

Worldvision Song Contest 34: Sÿrchesi Commentary

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Rhys Aldermann | Varåka Salon

Brash radio personality from the Quad-Cities FIRST FM | Legendary Artist, Song-Writer, and Record Producer

The Alpaisne Interior Telekast would like to remind you that the opinions portrayed in this segment are not expressed on behalf of the company, neither do they receive endorsement, and are the sole property of their respective entities.

After each performance, the judges will give input on how well they perceive the act, but in the end, the vote will come down to you at home. At the end of the night, the phone lines will open, and you can vote for your favorite act. Lets see what the judges have to say...

-Opening Performance-

Rhys: Rhys Aldermann, coming to you live from World Vision '84
Varåka: *Slap* It's World Vision 34!
Rhys: Oh yes... it is then, isn't it?
Varåka: Good start here, love the energy!

Missus X

Rhys: Real womper, that one...
Varåka: *Crying*

To vote for Missus X at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-01 ]

The Jasmina Islands

Reserved for Commentary

To vote for The Jasmina Islands at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-02 ]

The Sarian

Rhys: She's got a mouth, then hasn't she?
Varåka: Song would have been better if it hadn't been so distasteful. Definitely some good lyrics in there, but...
Rhys: Kind of sounds like a call for help.
Varåka: Swearing gets the attention...

To vote for The Sarian at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-03 ]

Gregoryisgodistan

Rhys: I don't have anything to say about this.

To vote for Greg at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-04 ]

Gregory Llama Land

Rhys: i'm beginning to understand why the others didn't return...

To vote for Gregory Llama Land at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-05 ]

Sumaltheria

Varåka: Doesn't suit my taste, but lyrics are good.
Rhys: Yeah.

To vote for Sumaltheria at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-06 ]

Kasanovakoratica

Rhys: Do they have drinks here?
Varåka: Preferably alcoholic...?

To vote for Kasanovakoratica at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-07 ]

Mister X

Rhys: Back at ya LIVE from Worldvision '94!
Varåka: *Glares*
Rhys: What? I actually quite liked this one...
Varåka: Got a good beat, Good Vibe. Dancing was good. Real Hit!

To vote for Mister X at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-08 ]

Polkopia

Varåka: Fantastisk! Det finte sjynge inacht!
Rhys: I think you're getting a bit excited, Varåka, don't forget the Internationals!
Varåka: Best song yet!!!!!
Rhys:Polkopia has certainly go something to be proud of here.
Varåka: a sure contender for the top spot!
Rhys: Very Stylish too. Well done, all the way.

To vote for Polkopia at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-09 ]

Titaniumland

RESERVED

To vote for Titaniumland at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-10 ]

Kwadai

Varåka: ♪Buyin' happy from shoppin' carts♫
Rhys: That wasn't in the song...
Varåka: Oh? i must've been confused
Rhys: I think you're VERY confused
Varåka: Cute guy anyway, love that he wasn't afraid to share who he was.
Rhys: what?
Varåka: well, he was expressing himself, through the music...
Rhys: but there wasn't any music... it was just...

To vote for Kwadai at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-11 ]

Tödlichebujoku

Varåka: How do you pronounce the name?
Rhys: Toad lick but jew joke...?
Varåka: >.>
Rhys: So the song is PHENOMENAL.
Varåka: Good lyrics, good music, excellent use of effects, i could actually SMELL the incense
Rhys: and it's a different sound, i mean, you don't hear that every day.

To vote for Tödlichebujoku_ at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-12 ]

Be sure and stay tuned to the Alpaisne Interior Telekast for all news and commentary regarding Worldvision 34. Back in a flash...
Last edited by Syrche on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:55 am

29. Arvenia

Before the music starts, King Leonard IV made a statemate that this song was a tribute to the empires that have existed in history. Misaki Suruguri, who made many Japanese-language songs, makes this song her first English-language song. Misakia won the Arvenian Song Festival and was sent to the WorldVision Song Contest. This contest becomes Arvenia's debut.

Song: Fall of the Empires
Artist: Misaki Suruguri

Misaki appears dressed in a British redcoat uniform with gloves, black boots and sword strapped to her belt. A few 19th Century knights stamp their royal guard spears on the ground.

"From the Romans to the British,
start with the early Caliphates and end with the modern-day Japan.
Bloodshed and oppression is what happens in these greatpowers.
Emperors and Empresses are the leaders of the empires,
but whenever they are successful, they faces the fall of their empires."

"Empires are what that controls the most of all parts,
no chance of oppose them, they will still fall one day.
Leaders has other titles than Emperor,
such as Caliph, Kaiser and Tsar.
But even they rule the world, they still face the fall of their empires."

"Wars that they brought,
from the Roman wars to the two world wars, they show their awful bloody side.
Is there any democracy or freedom in them?
No, just dictatorship and oppression, but one day, the fall of the empires will occur."

Later, a big red phoenix silhouette appears in the background and fire comes up, not injuring anyone nearby it.

"Famous leaders of these powers,
from Julius Caesar to Showa.
But when they think they are powerful,
they see their own empires fall down, that's the fall of empires!"

The phoenix disappears and fire stops. Misaki laters goes off the stage happy while the audience cheers. The knights goes off the stage too.
Last edited by Arvenia on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:24 am, edited 10 times in total.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:02 am

NPTV - Worldvision Song Contest/Chantja Contesta MondVis

Hello and Welcome. I'm John Peytman and this is the WorldVision Song Contest!! I am live from Thatcher City in Mister X, who are hosting this year. I liked Francilie's bid but Thatcher City won and so we are here. As viewers back home will be aware, this is the first time that our Glorious Nation has entered this competition and we are being represented by none other than national star Andrew Berten! After an extensive search for a singer who could represent our great nation, he was chosen and I must say his chances are good. All the numbers to call will be shown at the end of all of the performances or are on the website. The opening act is about to begin.

Opening Act What a load of rubbish! I have never seen such a terrible performance in my life. I'm surprised we didn't have to censor it. I'm sure most people fell asleep by the end, which the song promised us we wouldn't. I hope the actual entries are better than this garbage. Coming up is Missus X

01 - Missus X Call me mad but I loved it! I know about 50,000 people died but I loved the song.. This is how it is done! To vote for Missus X, call 19076 50001 or go to MondeƑis.co.nd to vote for them.Coming up next is The Jasmina Islands

The Jasmina Islands To vote for the Jasmina Islands, call 19076 50002 or go onto the site. Up next is The Sarian.

03 - The Sarian I am shocked that was ever allowed on a stage. What sort of taste have these people got? Of course, and I'm sure you'll agree gladly, nearly all of this "entry" was censored. If you really want to vote for this, the number is 19076 50003. Next is Gregoryisgodistan, with Let's Blow up Saintland

04 - Gregoryisgodistan That was incredible. I am glad this came after that disaster of an act. If I was back home I would vote for this one. Pick up your phones and ring 19076 50004 or go onto MondeƑis.co.nd. Up next is Gregory Llama Land.

05 - Gregory Llama Land Is this for or against Gregoryisgodistan? No matter the answer, I really, really, really don't like this song. It does not suit my tastes what so ever. The number to call is 19076 50005. Sulmatheria is up next.

06 - Sulmatheria This song was Ok, not bad but not good either. At least not as bad as some of the entries. To vote, call 19076 50006 or visit the site.

07 - Kasanovkorotica This was beautiful, an absolutely beautiful song. I loved it for all it is worth, which is a lot I tell you. What a brilliant, brilliant song. It will be hard to beat this. The number for this masterpiece is 19076 50007.

08 - Mister X At least this was better than their joke of an opening act. Again, A good song which will probably do well for certain reasons which I shan't mention. Either visit the website or ring 19076 50008 to vote for this one.

09 - Polkopia A marvellous, beautiful song; a definite contender to win. I loved the rock tone which has been different to a lot of acts so far. I loved this and I'm sure everyone at home does as well. Ring 19076 50009 if you want to vote by phone or visit the site.

10 - Titaniumland A nice song, one I could dance to at one of the state approved clubs. Although the trampoline bit was a tad confusing,overall I liked the song and it will do well. Ring 19076 50010 or visit the official government website to vote.

11 - Kwadai Sad story, bad song. That's all I will say. If you,for some reason, want to vote for it ring 19076 50011. Up next is Todlichebujoku

12 Todlichebujoku Certainly different to all the other songs. I must say that I rather like it but it is not the best song so far. Visit MondeƑis.co.nd or ring 19076 50012 to vote.

13 - Britonisea Personal matters shouldn't be drawn into a music contest. The powers above me have decided that you can't vote for this song. Next is the Holy Republican Empire

14 - Holy Republican Empire Once again this song had to be censored due to its religious message so no on can vote for this one either.

15 - Izmedu One word - Boring. To vote, ring 19076 50015 or visit the site. Up next is Yttrbia. I hope this one is good to balance all of the bad ones that have come before.

16 - Ytrrbia The words make no sense whatsoever but I like the song overall. I predict that some will vote for this at home. Call 19076 50016. Just as a reminder for those who don't know the drill off by heart, calls from landlines will cost NF0.20 and from mobiles will be considerably more. Ask the bill payers permission and to read the terms and conditions or to vote online visit MondeƑis.co.nd

17 - Francilie Ring 19076 50017.

18 - HAFAMARIMËT Another okay song. I couldn't understand a word of it but once again I liked it. Dial 19076 50018.Up next is Bandwagon

19 - Bandwagon Ring 19076 50019.

20- Estenia I didn't like this song whatsoever. Absolutely terrible. Whoever chose this song knows nothing about music. If I must really say it, the number to dial is 19076 50020.

21 - Menski Once again another bad song to go into the plentiful menagerie. I must say I did like the orchestra very much but apart from that there wasn't much to like. To vote for Menski, ring 19076 50021 or visit the website.

22 - Elke and ElbaA nice song I would listen to again. Although I could not understand it, it felt heartfelt and personal to the singer and the emotion was real. To vote for this one, ring 19076 50022. Up next is, oh, us. Go Andrew Berten!

23- Normandy and Picardy Bravo, bravo! Better than he performed it at the Stadia Chantja. Absolutely brilliant. Of course, some songs will be better due to the low budget but we did very well. Go Andrew! Remember you can't vote for this one but you can go to the official site and read an exclusive interview with Berten himself. Next is Norfolk and Suffolk, with So You Say.

24 - Norfolk and Suffolk Due to the folk and religious tones, this song was censored. Up next is Ekoz, with Come and See.

25 - Ekoz Once again, a song of a bad quality. Sure, it is not as bad as some but it is not the greatest. Yes, I did enjoy the performance and I must say Dhani Volsoek is a piece of eye candy, just like Chris David earlier on. Beside from the performance and the looks, however, it was not that great a song. To vote for this one, ring 19076 50025. Next is Lymantatia

26 - Lymantatia Reserved. To vote for Lymantatia, ring 19076 50026 or visit MondeƑis.co.nd

27 - SyrcheOkay, okay. Not that good, not that bad. To vote for Syrche, ring 19076 50027 or visit the site. Next is North Britonisea

28 - North Britonisea Reserved. To vote for North Britonisea dial 19076 50028.

29 - Arvenia Once again a terrible song. Sure, it is a debut but it was absolutely horrible. If you are crazy enough to vote for this, ring 19076 50029.

30 - Luziyca Reserved. To vote for Luziyca, call 19076 50030 or visit the site.

31 - Bailamaland Once again, I don't like this song. Not that great as many songs have been. To vote for Bailamaland visit the website or ring 19076 50031.

32 - Kishrael Finally, a good song after a series of terrible ones. Although I'm not a fan of Dance-Pop, I must say I enjoyed this song. May the songs continue to get better. To vote for this song, ring 19076 50032 or visit the website. Coming next is Calimera.

33 - Calimera IISome will like it, some won't. I must say I didn't like it. To vote for this song phone 19076 50033 or vote online.

34 - Vintomter Once again, I must say I'm not a fan. Although it probably will have some fans, it doesn't have one in me. To vote dial 19076 50034 or go to the website.

35 - Kalosia Well, I was not expecting this so late on. An absolutely brilliant entry which will surely get votes back home and from the other nations. I must say that personally I love this and I believe it will do well in the "Hraldijagam hut ota Musije"(The Top Chart of Music)" Ring 19076 50035 or visit the website, MondeƑis.co.nd.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:47 am, edited 26 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am

30. Luziyca
To the Park
Catherine McCaughey
TBA tune

Reserved
Last edited by Luziyca on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Bailamaland
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bailamaland » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:28 am

31. Bailamaland

Artist: Bethany Robertson
Title: "Love Me or Not"

I don't care if you love me or not
Love or not
No, baby!
Do you love me or not?
Love or not
No, baby!
Do you love me or not?
Love or not
Love or not

Bethany sings the pre-song when the host hasn't finished introducing her yet. Suddenly, Bethany lies herself on the stage in crop-top and skirt with a lot of balloons.

Yeah, it's Bethany here!
Don't get mad baby
It may be hurt your heart
But I don't know where and how to start
Help me to start
And all the right places to start this tune baby

Bethany stands up and starts dancing with the dancers.

I want to give shoutout
For some great attitudes
Like Kalosia, Todlichebujoku
Don't forget the Ekoz, Britonisea and North
Cause I sing it from bottom of my heart
So it ain't sarcasm

Bethany walks around the stage. The male dancers and the female dancers follow her.

Yeah, my mama she told me I won't get points for this
But show her that I could get points if you're nice to me
You know that I won't be like grammar sensibility
Bread, knife or what! I don't care which type of this song is!

Bethany does the magic changing clothes in less than 5 seconds. She changed her croptop and skirt into blue and pink dress.

Love or not
No, baby!
Do you love me or not?
Love or not
No, baby!
Do you love me or not?
Love or not
Love or not

Bethany dances with the dancers. Bethany throws the balloons to the crowd.

I'm blowing your mind up
I'm here to tell ya that I won't be like that
You know I'm incesure
But you're here to tell me
That you love me baby, c'mon and let's do it tonight

Bethany sings it in front of a dancer. The dancers raise her up.

Love or not
No, baby!
Do you love me or not?
Love or not
No, baby!
Do you love me or not?
Love or not
Love or not
You know you like me babe

Bethany shouts "LOVE YOU MISTER X! BANGBANG!"
Last edited by Bailamaland on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:00 am

Arvenian Commentary
Live from Royal Arvenian Television.

The commentators are Misato Ayanami (famous actress), Jennifer Tellington (singer), Edward Firewood (famous actor) and Sebastian Pescuela (military commander).

Misato: Hi everyone and welcome to the Royal Arvenian Television!

Sebastian: This is Arvenia's response to the entries of this song contest!

Edward: Which is Arvenia's WorldVision Song Contest debut!

Jennifer: Here are the great responses to the entries!

Opening Act

Misato: Great! Just like the old-fashioned acts!

Sebastian: Duh, let's move on.

Entry 1

Misato: Awesome! The entry was shocking!

Jennifer: That's bizarre!

Edward: The entry is mostly awesome! Vote for the entry by calling 650-100-200 or text NATION29 to 0124506!

Sebastian: Next!

Entry 2

Sebastian: Music too loud for my ears!

Misato: I have no response to the song. Just vote by calling 159-200-200 or text NATION29 to 294899.

Edward: Next!

Entry 3

Misato: That's distrurbing? Vote by calling 679-129-000 or text NATION29 to 798900....

Edward: True!

Jennifer: True!

Entry 4

Misato: Sebastian, why did you censor the video of this entry from Arvenian television!?

Sebastian: Because of the graphic content and disturbing propaganda! Vote by calling 612-829-920 or text NATION29 to 29495!

Jennifer: Next!

Entry 5

Sebastian: Propaganda! Vote by calling 610-890-200 or txt NATION29 to 56856959!

Misato: Hush, Sebastian!

Entry 6

Edward: That's weird.... Vote by calling 610-670-200 or text NATION29 to 123945!

Jennifer: Next!

Entry 7

Misato: Uh....

Jennifer: Vote by calling 610-800-500 or text NATION29 to 78900!

Misato: Next....

Entry 8

Edward: WOW! The host has an own entry in this song contest!

Misato: Vote by callign 610-100-860 or text NATION29 to 666050!

Entry 9

Misato: Weirdest song ever! Vote by calling 500-100-200 or text NATION29 to 008899!

Entry 10

Jennifer: Magnificent! Vote by calling 200-800-200 or text NATION29 to 002216!

Entry 11

Misato: What an hottie.......

Sebastian: Eh....

Jennifer: Just vote by calling 100-700-200 or text NATION29 to 112286!

Entry 12

Misato: This is so aw.... (vomits on a bucket)

Edward: Ouch! Just vote by calling 600-800-800 or text NATION29 to 777788!

Jennifer: Will we manage to respond to other entries?

Sebastian: Later! I got war to support outside this song contest!

The first part of the commentary, that features responses to the opening act and the 12 first entries, is ended and a second part will occur soon.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:03 am

32. Kishrael - קשראל
Ada Gatling - Won't Wake Up
עדה גטלנג - לא מתעורר

Language: English, Hebrew

To the Tune Of - Tamta - Gennithika Gia Sena

After a third WorldVision win in the 33rd edition of the contest, Kishrael had cemented itself as one of the most successful nations in the competition of all time. Following the surprising win of Cinderella Ra'ah, KBA decided to go with an internal selection, despite the national final working well for them the past few editions. It was Ada Gatling who was chosen, a 29 year old singer from a small island call Pharos of the coast of Maksiouta in northern Kishrael. Like always, WorldVision was to be used as a platform for Ada, who's first single "Far'ah" reached 21 in the Kishraeli charts - this opportunity would be the boost career-wise that she needed. Sticking to what Kishrael does best, the song is a dance-pop song, produced by the same people who made the winning song, "Or Odem" last edition.

The stage is dark, and a large circle is placed on the stage. Ada is standing in the middle, while people with guitars and a DJ deck are at four points around the circle. As the music starts the guitarists (all three) begin strumming to the song and the a spotlight falls on Ada. She is wearing this dress. She puts the microphone to her lips and begins to sing the first notes of the song, closing her eyes as she starts.

Close my eyes and count to ten
Convince myself I'll fight again
But it's easy to talk about all of your scars
When you've never been cut, living with a broken heart

As the beat begins to kick in, the stage goes darker and the circle begins to move with bright colours flashing brighter as the beat gets heavier. An aerial view of the stage is given, and Ada widens her gate to make her voice more powerful. Her eyes are still closed, but now her eye make-up glitters due to the bright lights underneath.

They will tell you, never give up
But my hearts already gone
And I refuse to wake up
To this life that I am living
To this life that I am living
To the pain that I suffer!
And I refuse I will not wake up
To this life...

As the beat slows down the lights in the stadium get brighter and softer. Ada looks to the side as she sings, caressing herself with her hand to express her sorrow. She takes a few steps to the side but does not leave the main circle with the flashing lights.

And with every part of me
I loved so hopelessly
My hearts a bullseye so fire your arrows
When I fade to black I do not know

Once the music gets louder she looks directly down the camera, tapping her foot as she goes. When the chorus kicks in she sings with all her power, throwing her head back and to the side as her arms fly out. A wind machine is used to emphasize the effect.

They will tell you, never give up
But my hearts already gone
And I refuse to wake up
To this life that I am living!
To this life that I am living!
I will not wake up...

As the music calms, Ada drops to the floor, kneeling down she looks down before looking up slowly and gesticulating with her hand. With the lights still soft she drops even lower to the floor until she is almost lying down, while she continues to sing the song.

Part of me knows what you are
The elixir for my heart
And part of me knows that
You're poison
I tried to pursue a dream
Relentless fantasy
And now I will pay the price

As the electric beat kicks in, the stage goes dark again and the lights in the circle pulse rapidly in time with the music. Ada stands up and moves in time, throwing her body forward and pulling it back with the dubstep-esque beats. When the familiar music of the chorus comes back on the stage bursts into light and with the wind machine on, Ada throws herself back for maximum power.

Az tagid li od sheker - אז תגיד לי עוד שקר
(So tell me another lie)
L'ha'arikh ha'sevel ha'zeh - להאריך הסבל הזה
(To prolong this suffering)
V'ani lo a'ir shuv - ואני לא אעיר שוב
(And I won't wake up again)
Az tagid li od sheker! - !אז תגיד לי עוד שקר
(So tell me another lie)
I refuse to wake up...

As she finishes she drops to the floor and covers her face. Hearing the applause she stands up and smiles, takes a bow and walks off.

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013

Postby Calimera II » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:31 am

[align=center]33. Calimera
Carolina Avellaneda - Rutinando

Language: Rio Platense Spanish

This year Carolina Avellaneda represents Calimera. Calimera has skipped several editions of worldvision, but public pressure was so high, that the public tv (TVNacional) decided to participate. Carolina Avellaneda was chosen in a national competition. She is seen as a young talent and won the San Remo contest a couple of years ago with a folklore number called Rios Negros. Spanish for "Black Rivers". Her grandparents were one of the millions of Italians which immigrated to Calimera. She grew up in a poor town in the North of Calimera in between the 'coloured' mountains, which characterize the north-western province of Salta. Her first language is Spanish though and she says she is 'more Calimeran than the Tango'.

This year Carolina Avellaneda enters with a folklore type of song. 'La Caro' ( they call her like that in Calimera) is known for her many country and folkore tracks and she will participate with one this year. According to her it is one of her favorite songs she ever composed. "I want to bring Calimeran Foklore to the world," she said on national television 1,5 weeks ago, just before taking the plane to this version of worldvision.

El Acto/The Act

The lights were turned dark. La Caro was wearing an indigenous red dress. It was an elegent outfit, though. It was a surprise that she would appear like this on stage. In Calimera she was wearing a simple white dress when she performed her song on regional television.
Om stage there were hundreds of pieces of broken glass. Reflecting the narrow -though bright- stroke of light that shined on La Caro and her original outfit.
When the song started playing she grabbed the piano black colored microphone and she started singing:

Sólo le pido a Dios
Que el engaño no me sea indiferente
Si un traidor puede más que unos cuantos
Que esos cuantos no lo olviden fácilmente
Perfectamente veo
Los fuertes de los blandos
Y en el mar colorado
Me dio su mano

She looked to the public at her left, and smiled at the camera, and looked back. Afterwards Carolina walked 3 meters towards the audience. The broken pieces of glass reflected her red indigenous dress. La Caro took a deep breath and continued singing:

Una cultura diferente
Pero no importa, a dios lo amo

Sólo le pido a Dios
Que la guerra no me sea indiferente
Es un monstruo grande
y pisa fuerte
Toda la pobre inocencia
de la gente
Es un monstruo grande
y pisa fuertisimo
Toda la pobre inocencia
de la gente y dios

The traditional guitar started to get louder, and the screens at the background started to show pictures of the coloured mountains of the province of Salta and Jujuy. The broken pieces of glass on the floor beautifully reflected the red, green, blue, yellow and purple colours of the mountains. The spot around Carolina however, stayed red, due to her dress being slightly reflective.
She looked at the camera that zoomed in on her head and she continued singing using her powerful voice:

Sólo le pido a Dios
Que el engaño no me sea indiferente
Si un traidor puede más que unos cuantos
Que esos cuantos no lo olviden fácilmente
Perfectamente veo
Los fuertes de los blandos
Y en el mar colorado
Me dio su mano

Y ademas sabemos
que la pachamama me cuida

The music slightly dimmed. Red lights started shining through the broken pieces of glass on the floor. Carolina looked at the ground, and gently took some steps back. Then she looked emotionally into the camera and continued singing:

Voy por la montaña hasta que me abrase el mar
Por la pachamama que nos da la libertad
Voy por los caminos
La senita del indio
Para toda la humanidad

Voy por los caminos

Voy por los caminos

Voy por los caminos

Voy por los caminos

Voy por los caminos

Hacia la pachamama

When the guitar stopped playing she shouted 'Gracias', 'Viva la Patria Grande!' (Long life the big motherland - referring to all the countries of the world).

I only ask god
that deception will not be indifferent
If a traitor can be more than a few
Those few do not easily forget
I see perfectly
the different between the strong and the softies
And in the red sea
He gave me his hand

It is a different culture
But it doesn't bother me because I love god

I only ask god
that I won't be indifferent towards war
It is a big monster
which destroys everything
And above all the poor innocents
It is big monster
Which destroys everything
and destroys the innocence of god and the people

I only ask god
that deception will not be indifferent
If a traitor can be more than a few
Those few do not easily forget
I see perfectly
the different between the strong and the softies
And in the red sea
He gave me his hand

And we all know
that mother nature gives about me

I'm going up the mountain to the sea so it can hold me
Walking through mother nature which gives us our freedom
I'm on the road
For all of humanity

I'm on the road

I'm on the road

I'm on the road

I'm on the road

I'm on the road

Towards Mother Nature
Last edited by Calimera II on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:54 am

Next on STE One, get your scorecards, phones and flags at the ready. Live from Thatcher City, it's the WorldVision Song Contest...

Alfaans: Good-evening STE One, after hosting last editions contest from our very own capital Carnise with the beautiful Alessantra Amboesa, I'm back in the commentary seat and raring to go! Live from Thatcher City, Mister X, over 30 nations will perform ALL wishing to steal the title of winner of the WorldVision Song Contest from last editions winners Kishrael. For Ekoz, Dhani Volsoek flies the flag with his chart topper 'Come and See'. Will it win? Wait and see, [Alfaans chuckles], see what... I... did... ah never mind. Anyway, the countdown has started. Ladies and gentlemen, your opening act....

Opening Act
Now, being biased about Ami Umtaabu's opening last edition I am obviously going to compare. None the less, a very Mister X opening act, and they have welcomed up with open arms.

Missus X
This performance has been censored for your viewing pleasure. We advise you do not vote but contractually, we have to tell you how to… text MELODIE1 to 43401, call 239-MEL-01 or use our free app, WorldVisionSTE.

The Jasminia Islands
To vote, text MELODIE2 to 43402, call 239-MEL-02 or use the app.

The Sarian
A stripped, classic performance from The Sarian. Not as good as previous entries but the best one seen so far, let’s home the contest picks up at bit! To vote, text MELODIE3 to 43403, call 239-MEL-03

Gregoryisgodistan
A typical Gregoryisgodistan performance, which always ends up at the bottom of the Ekozian leaderboard. I can’t think why you would want to, but text MELODIE4 to 43404, call 239-MEL-04 or use the app.

Gregoryllamaland
Boring boring boring. Not fan at all but, I must commend the artist for his political statement to the previous nation’s human rights record. Well done. To vote, text MELODIE5 to 43405, call 239-MEL-05.

Sumatheria
A cute, visually pleasing performance with a catchy song. I don’t think this is our winner tonight, but it is one of the better songs. I expect this to chart in the Ekozian iTunes chart, where however I don’t know. To vote, text MELODIE6 to 43406, call 239-MEL- 06 or use the app.

Kasanova-Koratica
Ah. Well, just when you think Kasanova-Koratica’s couldn’t come up with anything more worse than their host bid attempt, they perform that. Awful. To vote, text MELODIE7 to 43407, call 239-MEL-07 or use the app.

Mister X
Our hosts for this evening, I have to say after a very successful entry in Carnise last edition, I do find this disappointing. It seems to be quite dated, which being here in Thatcher City, doesn’t reflect the people I have met. However, a very Mister X entry. To vote, text MELODIE8 to 43408, call 239-MEL-08 or use the app.

Polkopia
A male-female duet always gives me time for a toilet break, but tonight was different. After what Ekozian votes have decided to be usual ‘boring’ Polkopian entries, this is very current with a rock twist. Could it do well? Who knows. To vote, text MELODIE9 to 43409, call 239-MEL-09 or use the app.

Titaniumland
One of the better entries tonight, this song could easily be played on mainstream Ekozian radio stations, and I expect it to chart tonight. Not the best entry from Titaniumland, but keeping to a good standard. To vote, text MELODIE10 to 43410, call 239-MEL-10 or use the app.

KwaDai
After a break from the contest, Kwadai returns with a different entry. I don’t really think this is ‘WorldVision friendly’, but it does send a message… To vote, text MELODIE11 to 43411, call 239-MEL-11 or use the app.

Todlichebujoku
Now this entry makes me feel like I’m in a down-town Carnisian 1940’s jazz bar. A different entry from WorldVision giants and I don’t see how well it would do in the charts, but this entry sticks out. To vote, text MELODIE12 to 43412, call 239-MEL-12 or use the app.

Alfaans:We’re going to take a short break, but when we come back expect some more strange and interesting entries and of course our very own Dhani Volsoek. We’ll be back!
Last edited by Ekoz on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Lady Gabrielle Kulseth - Hello and welcome to WorldVision Today on FBC! I'm your host, Lady Kulseth. With me today to discuss the events you saw at WorldVision is one of the finest role models in all of the Empire, Master Koby Theodore. You probably know Koby for his superior performance on the soccer pitch, but you also likely know him from all of the TV commercials he has appeared in, including numerous commercials for Dixon Light. My other guest today is Miss Nova Hellstrom, an extremely talented journalist, a good Christian girl who is saving herself for the right man and the reigning World Ladies Champion of the Republican Wrestling Conglomerate.

Nova Hellstrom - Thank you, Lady Kulseth for your kind introduction. WorldVision is an event that is currently in its 34th edition. Yet, this is just the second time that a Republican has participated in WorldVision and this is the first time that it has been broadcast on television. I have to say that it is about time that somebody with some actual talent participated in WorldVision.

Koby Theodore - While those lying, Infernus-bound, Trolls aren't participating in WorldVision, there are a number of horrible nations that are participating in this tournament.

Lady Kulseth - Let's not dwell on the exceedingly wicked at the moment. We'll get to them whenever we get to them. We shall begin with the Opening Act:

Opening Act

Koby Theodore - That was awful.

Nova Hellstrom - I agree. The lyrics made me cringe.

Lady Kulseth - Actually, I have to disagree with you guys. You're being way too... easy on that. Nations do not come together except through God.

Koby Theodore - Where did they find such an awful melody?

Nova Hellstrom - I know. It sounds like the music my grandparents used to listen to!

Lady Kulseth - Well, let's move on to the actual songs, here in Thatcher City, Mister X:

1 - Missus X

Nova Hellstrom - This was awful.

Lady Kulseth - I can assure you, Nova, that FBC will be showing a black screen during this song, when they actually broadcast WorldVision.

Koby Theodore - My Lady, won't the full event have already been broadcasted before FBC broadcasts WorldVision Today?

Lady Kulseth - Yes, yes it will. This was absolute filth and we refuse to allow this part-"snuff" movie, part-hardcore pornography performance to be broadcast on television. It would be devastating to our youth if they had to be subjected to this garbage.

Koby Theodore - The song sucked, too.

Lady Kulseth - Koby, please don't use that kind of language on the air. This is a family program, you know.

Koby Theodore - Sorry, Lady Kulseth. I won't do that again.

2 - Jasminia Islands

Reserved

3 - The Sarian

Koby Theodore - Well, at least this song wasn't as bad as the one from Missus X.

Nova Hellstrom - That song was just flat out nasty.

Lady Kulseth - On the FBC broadcast, certain words will have been censored. There's simply no excuse for using foul language on the airwaves.

Nova Hellstrom - I also have to question the girl's looks. She looks a little on the trashy side to be.

Koby Theodore - That she does. She reminds me of a Felixian lady of the night. Not that I have any experience with such things, of course.

Lady Kulseth - I would hope not, Master Theodore. Dalliances with hussies are nothing to be proud of.

Nova Hellstrom - And we all know that every single woman in the Sarian is a hussy. The people of that nation are little better than pond scum.

Koby Theodore - Isn't that a little unfair, Miss Nova?

Nova Hellstrom - I don't think so. Koby, have you forgotten what they did on that day several years ago, that will forever live in infamy?

Koby Theodore - No I haven't. Yes, most of them are little better than punks who need to be taught some respect by the Hegemonic Empire of our multiverse. However, not all of them are pond scum.

Nova Hellstrom - Maybe, but if you aren't pond scum, why would you continue to live in the Sarian?

Koby Theodore - I don't know.

Lady Kulseth - Enough about hussies and pond scum. Its time to move on:

4 - Gregoryisgodistan

Lady Kulseth - We apologize for broadcasting a message of hate.

Koby Theodore - Can't we just skip Gregoryisfraudistan and move on?

Lady Kulseth - We need to show what they are saying, so that we can refute them. However, I'm fairly certain that the viewers at home saw a disclaimer stating that FBC deems the content of this song unacceptable.

Nova Hellstrom - This was disgusting. The Sanctii were the Remnant of the True Church of Iesus Christus for a millennium or so and played a vital role in spreading the True Faith.

Lady Kulseth - That is correct, Nova. My husband knows better than I, but my understanding is that the Sanctii are God's New Chosen People. God will bless those that bless them and curse those that curse them.

- More to be added
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Vintomter
Secretary

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vintomter » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Big Ol' WIP on this.

.:: 34 - VIntomter ::.
.:: Sarianna Blanc - By My Side ::.

.:: Language(s): English ::.

To the tune of: Outside - Ellie Goulding

Look how far we've come
Heart full, beating with your love
Yeah it feels so right
You're my fire, warming and loving me

[Pre-Chorus:]
Keep holding on
Please say you'll never let go of me
Never leave here
Because I'll never stop loving you
Boy, I've never knew love feel this good

[Chorus:]
Oh-oh, Oh-oh,
Now I know I've won life
While you are all mine
Oh-oh,
I've won lifes fight, now that you're by my side
Oh-oh,
Now I know I've won life
While you are all mine
Oh-oh,

I lose my other feelings
Your love is all I want for me
You know, you feel it too
You make my heart stop beating
When you enter inside of me
You're the life in me

[Pre-Chorus:]
Keep holding on (Keep holding on)
Please say you'll never let go of me
Never leave here
Because I'll never stop loving you
Boy, I've never knew love feel this good

[Chorus:]
Oh-oh, Oh-oh,
Now I know I've won life
While you are all mine
Oh-oh,
Oh-oh,
Now I know I've won life
While you are all mine
Oh-oh,

Now I know I've won life
While you are all mine (eeeey)
I've won lifes fight,
now that you're by my side
Oh-oh,
Puppet of The Sarian, IIwiki page in progress.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013

Postby Mister X » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:11 am

Commentary on the 34th WorldVision Song Contest comes from Robert Baxter and Sam Smith.

Robert: Welcome back to WorldVision. Next up tonight we have Todlichebujoku, a nation I can never pronounce correctly.

12 TODLICHEBUJOKU

Sam: That built up throughout it, didn't it?
Robert: Definitely.
Sam: As a result, I'm not sure what category that fits into.
Robert: Well, it wasn't jam, was it?
Sam: No. But it's probably bread, as that's in the middle of butter and knife, which is what the song was.
Robert: I didn't get a word of that. But anyway, to vote for Todlichebujoku, dial 9 12 12 12 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 12 from a landline.

13 BRITONISEA

Robert: "EH-UH".
Sam: Family Fortunes, not Teletubbies.
Robert: Still. I love Family Fortunes here in Mister X, so for them to use our sound effect was very nice of us, wasn't it?
Sam: Yep.
Robert: Well, at least he found his wife and kids again.
Sam: True. Knife, although I hope he doesn't take a knife to any Polkopians. To vote for Britonisea, dial 9 12 12 13 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 13 from a landline.

14 FREE REPUBLICS

Robert: I know Entourage said you won't hear a single snore, but...
Sam: That was dull. Very dull.
Robert: Don't yawn.
Sam: You don't need me to say it: jam.
Robert: If you would like this to win the WorldVision Song Contest 34, then dial 9 12 12 14 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 14 from a landline.

15 IZMEDU

Sam: Not bad, but not great.
Robert: That was like watching Al-Qaeda have a change of heart and undo their terrorism, at least on the LCD screens.
Sam: Why do they call them LEDs? They're Liquid Crystal Display screens, not Light Emitting Diodes.
Robert: But that's got to be butter?
Sam: Yep, butter. To vote for Izmedu, dial 9 12 12 15 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 15 from a landline.

16 YTTRIBIA

Robert: A proper rock song!
Sam: Yay!
Robert: I loved it.
Sam: So did I. Knife.
Robert: To vote for Yttribia, dial 9 12 12 16 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 16 from a landline.

17 FRANCILIE

18 HAFAMARIMET

Robert: Dull. Dull. Dull. Dull. Dull.
Sam: Boring.
Robert: The content was there, and the lyrics were good, but I hated the melody.
Sam: Yep. You can't polish a jam turd.
Robert: Subtle.
Sam: As ever.
Robert: To vote for that rubbish, dial 9 12 12 18 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 18 from a landline.

19 BANDWAGON

20 ESTENIA

Robert: Is it too much to ask for a nice, big, retro, disco song?
Sam: Evidently, yes. Now, you know when you first have a new baby or you're going for a picnic, the clobber you have to put in the car when you're heading off anywhere? Well, that's what you should have in a WorldVision performance. Jam.
Robert: Dial 9 12 12 20 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 20 from a landline if you want to vote for that.

21 MENSKI

Robert: Another dull one.
Sam: At least they had that clobber I was talking about.
Robert: Another jam?
Sam: Jam. To vote for Menski, dial 9 12 12 21 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 21 from a landline.

22 ELKE AND ELBA

Robert: Here we go again.
Sam: I hate that big softy-softy approach to WorldVision. It used to be such a challenge, this contest, high, uptempo stuff – now you can send everyone to sleep, gain advantage. If you did that not so many years ago, you'd better be getting ready for some hospital food at that kind of tempo, and now it's a reason to go slower. I don't like it. Jam.
Robert: To vote for Elke and Elba, dial 9 12 12 22 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 22 from a landline.

23 NORMANDY AND PICARDY

Robert: I thought there were no you-know-whats in this edition.
Sam: "United"? "Banner of red"? Don't make me sick.
Robert: To vote for Normandy and Picardy, although such a move would probably get you arrested, dial 9 12 12 23 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 23 from a landline.
Sam: Butter.

24 NORFOLK AND SUFFOLK

Robert: Do you know what? I actually enjoyed that!
Sam: You've lost it. It sounded like a bag of nails in places. Bread.
Robert: To vote for Norfolk and Suffolk, dial 9 12 12 24 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 24 from a landline.

25 EKOZ

Sam: I imagine a lot of people, probably the same people who love Chris David, will love Dhani Volsoek. The problem was that it never really got going for me. I think I'm giving that a bread rating.
Robert: To vote for Ekoz, dial 9 12 12 25 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 25 from a landline.

26 LYMANTATIA

27 SYRCHE

Robert: Another ballad. Yes, another one.
Sam: But that was a butter song as opposed to a jam song.
Robert: To vote for Syrche dial 9 12 12 27 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 27 from a landline.

28 NORTH BRITONISEA

29 ARVENIA

Robert: That was OK, wasn't it?
Sam: Butter. I haven't got anything to say other than telling you to dial 9 12 12 29 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 29 from a landline to vote for it.

30 LUZIYCA

31 BAILAMALAND

Robert: Er...
Sam: This song looks unstable in the verses, so I can't imagine what it's like to sing in the chorus. The singers look frightened to death in it. Knife.
Robert: To vote for Bailamaland, dial 9 12 12 31 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 31 from a landline.

32 KISHRAEL

Robert: FINALLY!
Sam: A great song. They made us wait, didn't they?
Robert: That was awesome.
Sam: Knife. To vote for Kishrael, dial 9 12 12 32 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 32 from a landline.

33 CALIMERA II

Robert: Dull.
Sam: Jam. Move on.
Robert: To vote for Calimera II, dial 9 12 12 33 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 33 from a landline.

34 VINTOMTER

Last edited by Mister X on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Syrche » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:26 am

Worldvision Song Contest 34: Sÿrchesi Commentary

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Rhys Aldermann | Varåka Salon

Brash radio personality from the Quad-Cities FIRST FM | Legendary Artist, Song-Writer, and Record Producer

The Alpaisne Interior Telekast would like to remind you that the opinions portrayed in this segment are not expressed on behalf of the company, neither do they receive endorsement, and are the sole property of their respective entities.

After each performance, the judges will give input on how well they perceive the act, but in the end, the vote will come down to you at home. At the end of the night, the phone lines will open, and you can vote for your favorite act. Lets see what the judges have to say...

Britonisea

Rhys: If there has ever been a more effective statement against psychotropics, i've not witnessed.
Varåka: Oh come on, it's obviously a bit heated, given what happened.
Rhys: Yeah, nothing like airing your dirty laundery to the WORLD!

To vote for Britonisea at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-13 ]

Free Republics

Rhys:

To vote for Free Republics at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-14 ]

Izmedu

Varåka: Brilliant!
Rhys: That's fantastic, i can't BELIEVE this is a debut
Varåka: That's the Worldvision I know... not bible thumpers and burning stages...

To vote for Izmedu at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-15 ]

Yttribia

Varåka: Seems a lot of metaphor was put into this. Feels a bit passive agressive.
Rhys: "You sucked soft at most." quite poetic.
Varåka: I liked that it had a different sound to it.
Rhys: Very Alt-Rock. Nice contrast to some of the others.

To vote for Yttribia at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-16 ]

FRANCILIE

RESERVED

To vote for FRANCILIE at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-17 ]

HAFAMARIMËT

Varåka: Definitely one of the better acts tonight. A top contender, i'm sure.
Rhys: That was..IN... TENSE. Loved it.

To vote for HAFAMARIMËT at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-18 ]

Bandwagon

RESERVED

To vote for Bandwagon at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-19 ]

Estenia

Rhys: It's not horrible, it was just a bit lacking in the uh... the way that it was gone about.
Varåka: Acapella performances don't normally fair well, but it was nice to see Estenia.
Rhys: And the boy really wasn't that bad.
Varåka: Oh heavens no!

To vote for Estenia at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-20 ]

Menski

Rhys: Well it wasn't great, but it wasn't rubbish either.
Varåka:It was strange; i liked that.

To vote for Menski at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-21 ]

Elke & Alba

Rhys: Nice song.
Varåka: Traditional Elke & Alba music.
Rhys: Yes, very good of them to send along something culturally relevant
Varåka: i thought so.

To vote for Elke & Alba at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-22 ]

Normandy & Picardy

Varåka: Communism... right?"Unite under a banner of red."
Rhys: that's how i took it. Seems a bit lost in translation in places.
Varåka: Good vocalist though.

To vote for Normandy & Picardy at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-23 ]

Norfolk & Suffolk

Varåka: Yes Yes!
Rhys: now THERE was a performance with some endurance!
Varåka: I think the pyrotechnics at the beginning really set the stage for that.
Rhys: They really set the bar high going into this, and went out full-throttled.
Varåka: The fast pace of the song helped the longevity too. And the male dancer.
Rhys: Yes, he was quite good.

To vote for Norfolk & Suffolk at the end of the show, dial (88)-156-313-0108[ext-24 ]
Last edited by Syrche on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:04 pm

Koby Theodore - Yeah, I don't know why we bothered showing the Gregoryisaloonistani song.

Lady Kulseth - Maybe we should just ignore them. On that note, its time to move on...

5 - Gregory Llama Land

Nova Hellstrom - Now that was much better.

Koby Theodore - "Gregoryisgodistan, find yourself another contest to be part of"!

Lady Kulseth - The message was great, but was the performance really all that good?

Koby Theodore - Who cares? The message is great.

Nova Hellstrom - You know, I may have to borrow that tune for myself. "Here's to the region of Esportiva who say their betters, they just don't understand, while trembling before the Armies of the Lord."

Lady Kulseth - Well, since it isn't possible to vote for our own singer, I'm sure this song will be a favorite throughout the Empire. Unfortunately, we need to move on...

6 - Sumaltheria

Koby Theodore - What was that about?

Nova Hellstrom - I liked it. Every writer's had to deal with a lack of ideas.

Lady Kulseth - I don't know. The tune was kind of catchy, but she really needed better words for the song. Besides, what was she wearing?

Nova Hellstrom - Good point, Lady Kulseth. She did look a little trashy in that.

Koby Theodore - You know how non-believing women are. All they care about is attention and satisfying their base passions. Then, they turn around and blame the men who give them what they want!

Nova Hellstrom - Not all women are like that. I wasn't, even before I finally gave in to the Will of God.

Koby Theodore - I wasn't talking about Republican ladies. I'm talking about those foreign whores.

Lady Kulseth - And we really don't need to be talking about matters like this on a family broadcast, so let's move on to the next song:

7 - Kasanovakoratica

Lady Kulseth - This song was highly offensive.

Nova Hellstrom - What is wrong with this competition?

Koby Theodore - Let's move on.

Lady Kulseth - I apologize to everybody at home. Next song...

8 - Mister X

Koby Theodore - That was terrible.

Lady Kulseth - At least this was borderline decent...

Nova Hellstrom - What's wrong about a man singing about how much he loves a woman?

Lady Kulseth - That's perfectly fine. I didn't like the dancing very much, but this was better than most of the songs so far.

Koby Theodore - I guess so, but that isn't saying much.

Lady Kulseth - It isn't.

9 - Polkopia

Koby Theodore - The song was, technically, pretty good.

Nova Hellstrom - Maybe, but it is inappropriate to insult your ex.

Lady Kulseth - It certainly is. Women need to stand by their man, through thick or thin and whether he deserves it or not. That's called loyalty.

Nova Hellstrom - Yeah, its not cool for a woman to be disloyal.

Lady Kulseth - Remember, ladies, if your man tells you to do something, do it. If your man tells you that you're wrong, you're wrong. Respect his God-given authority over you.

Koby Theodore - That was well said, My Lady.

Lady Kulseth - Thank you, Master Bolton.

10 - Titaniumland

Nova Hellstrom - Do none of the ladies of WorldVision know how to dress properly?

Lady Kulseth - It seems that way.

Koby Theodore - The song itself wasn't all that bad.

Lady Kulseth - It wasn't, but somebody needs to teach those ladies how to dress properly.

Nova Hellstrom - And tell those little boys to put on a shirt.

Lady Kulseth - This shows that we need to do more to spread God's Truth.

Nova Hellstrom - Next...

11 - KwaDai

Lady Kulseth - This was a beautiful song illustrating the deep dread and depression that all of those sinners who have turned their backs on God must go through, every day of their lives.

Nova Hellstrom - The tune may have been fairly simplistic, but I liked it.

Koby Theodore - I went through that, during that awful ordeal that the Trolls put me through, until I found Iesus.

Lady Kulseth - Moral of the song: Give your life to Iesus Christus and you won't be miserable any more. I encourage everybody at home to include this song as one of their top 10.

12 - Tödlichebujoku

Lady Kulseth - This was a warning to every young lady watching: Be careful or you might fall for a bad man. Its what every father warns his daughters about.

Nova Hellstrom - That's why I'm saving myself for marriage. Once you give yourself to a man for the first time, you never truly get over him.

Lady Kulseth - That's certainly true.

Koby Theodore - Ladies are going to love whoever they're going to love. That's just how it is.

Lady Kulseth - Yes, but there's nothing wrong with a father being protective of his daughters. You'll understand that, Koby, when you're older.

Koby Theodore - Probably.

13 - Britonisea

Koby Theodore - So, it was about Polkopians stealing a man's wife and kids?

Nova Hellstrom - It seemed that way.

Lady Kulseth - I wouldn't put that kind of thing past them, considering the singer they sent here.

Nova Hellstrom - Pretty decent song. Let's move on.

Lady Kulseth - The next song is the one that you've all been waiting to hear about. Yes, its time for us to comment on Zurie Tanguay's beautiful song...

- To be continued...
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates