NATION

PASSWORD

The Multi-Species Union [Alliance, Main Page, OOC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:55 pm

[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Uehe
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uehe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Uehe wrote:I officially resign from the office of Defense.
Doing nothing and being inactive is not my job :p
Oh, and update the list, one member has crossed out his membership on his signature and another, Tuva SSR, I don't need to tell you about the ministerial position. :p

Bumping this down again :unsure:

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Uehe wrote:
Bumping this down before I leave, since the roster was never updated. :unsure:

I'm not too worried about ministry positions (I'm restructuring my cabinet). I'll see if Aravea just has a coding error in his sig. Thanks Uehe.

And an update: Aravea is having coding woes. The cross-out is unintentional.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Planeia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:31 am

I'll try making a post today, everyone.
Paradise has Fallen

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:51 am

I'm making a BBV (well, refitting one) and will be naming it in this alliance's honor :3
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Aravea
Senator

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:31 am

Cerillium wrote:
Cerillium wrote:I'm not too worried about ministry positions (I'm restructuring my cabinet). I'll see if Aravea just has a coding error in his sig. Thanks Uehe.

And an update: Aravea is having coding woes. The cross-out is unintentional.

Again sorry about that...Anyways how is everyone doing today?
Proud Deputy Speaker of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
★★★Proud Intelligence Minister of the United Monarchist Alliance★★★
Note: Currently in the process of overhauling the Aravean factbooks/canon.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 am

Aravea wrote:
Cerillium wrote:

Oaledonia wrote:I'm making a BBV (well, refitting one) and will be naming it in this alliance's honor :3
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

Under construction

Planeia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:19 am

Finally posted. A letter to the entire Xeno category shall be next. Soon.
Paradise has Fallen

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:47 am

Oaledonia wrote:
Aravea wrote:

Oaledonia wrote:I'm making a BBV (well, refitting one) and will be naming it in this alliance's honor :3

That would be interpreted as inappropriate and send the wrong message to the galaxy that the MSU is a military organization.. We are not. And I would personally lobby for the removal of any alliance representing names on individual ships unless the council gave its express permission. Due to trademark and copy write issues. I shall go farther no one but the CIS, the commissioner, and deputy commissioner ; and the memberships via vote can speak or represent the MSU.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:36 pm

The Fedral Union wrote:send the wrong message to the galaxy that the MSU is a military organization..

The galaxy isn't my problem, seeing how I'm not FT. However it's not going to be a cookie cutter expy of the MSU (I.E. It's not going to be called the SS MSU or anything resembling it), it's going to be called Yoshimi, or friendship. However, you and I disagree over what constitutes "inappropriate": My actions are based around point 4 of the preamble of our charter. Not to sound rude, but the MSU has no power over me as a observer nation, and it certainly isn't powerful enough to force me to change my mind. Seeing how I've already written out the ship's history, it would be too problematic to try and switch the names without retyping sections in it's table-of-movements. Due to your concern, however, the =objection has been noted.
Last edited by Oaledonia on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Under construction

Anhur
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Anhur » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:25 pm

Oaledonia wrote:
The Fedral Union wrote:send the wrong message to the galaxy that the MSU is a military organization..

The galaxy isn't my problem, seeing how I'm not FT. However it's not going to be a cookie cutter expy of the MSU (I.E. It's not going to be called the SS MSU or anything resembling it), it's going to be called Yoshimi, or friendship. However, you and I disagree over what constitutes "inappropriate": My actions are based around point 4 of the preamble of our charter. Not to sound rude, but the MSU has no power over me as a observer nation, and it certainly isn't powerful enough to force me to change my mind. Seeing how I've already written out the ship's history, it would be too problematic to try and switch the names without retyping sections in it's table-of-movements. Due to your concern, however, the =objection has been noted.

This is the third misunderstand that you have caused regarding military in this thread. Can you please be more mindful of how members of the alliance will react before posting it here. Saying that you are going to name a warship after this alliance is obviously going to not sit well with members of an alliance that has a prime directive of peace and cultural exchange. Take this real world parallel. If the Republic of Turkey (an observer) all of a sudden announced it was going to name one of its warships after the African Union, you can bet that Ethiopia and South Africa would react extremely poorly to that.

• MoFA for VF/TVF
  • Founder Council of Audax
  • MoFA for the MSU
  • MoJ for Nevthronia
  • Co-Founder of TVF
  • Ambassadors from VF to DSA & CP
  • WAD of Zero Beta
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ih3uo8.jpg - My political compass.
19, omnisexual, ohioian, furry (fennec), gender fluid, spiritual but atheistic, anything else you want to know just ask I am an open book.

Planeia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:58 pm

>Trying to send telegram to all Xeno nations.

>Don't have enough stamps.

What do?

Alas, we are in the age in which information can be transmitted by bouncing off of tachyon particles to arrive at the destination in Planck time... but we still run out of stamps.
Paradise has Fallen

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Anhur wrote:This is the third misunderstand that you have caused regarding military in this thread. Can you please be more mindful of how members of the alliance will react before posting it here. Saying that you are going to name a warship after this alliance is obviously going to not sit well with members of an alliance that has a prime directive of peace and cultural exchange. Take this real world parallel. If the Republic of Turkey (an observer) all of a sudden announced it was going to name one of its warships after the African Union, you can bet that Ethiopia and South Africa would react extremely poorly to that.

I literately just posted how it's name means friendship and isn't an expy of this alliance. If the majority doesn't want it to be associated, fine. But I'm not changing the name.

Under construction

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Planeia wrote:>Trying to send telegram to all Xeno nations.

What do?

Alas, we are in the age in which information can be transmitted by bouncing off of tachyon particles to arrive at the destination in Planck time... but we still run out of stamps.

:lol:

Anhur
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Anhur » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:26 pm

What do?

If you wish, I have a lot of stamps and could send it out on your behalf.

• MoFA for VF/TVF
  • MoFA for the MSU
  • MoJ for Nevthronia
  • Co-Founder of TVF
  • WAD of Zero Beta
19, omnisexual, ohioian, furry (fennec), gender fluid, spiritual but atheistic, anything else you want to know just ask I am an open book.

Planeia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Anhur wrote:

What do?

If you wish, I have a lot of stamps and could send it out on your behalf.

Yes, that would be nice, thank you! If you can send an OOC initiation of the TG conversation to all the Xeno nations (there's a mailing list you can C&P from the roster), I'll use the "reply to all" to send the letter in IC. Thanks!
Paradise has Fallen

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:02 am

We can also send out blocks of 8 TG. I copy and paste the message and then pull up names from the list.

TG sometimes never arrive. It's always good to drop a copy of the message into the OSF.

Sorry I've been away, all. Swith's having a difficult recovery from her surgery.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Anhur
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Anhur » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:06 am

Cerillium wrote:We can also send out blocks of 8 TG. I copy and paste the message and then pull up names from the list.

TG sometimes never arrive. It's always good to drop a copy of the message into the OSF.

Sorry I've been away, all. Swith's having a difficult recovery from her surgery.

Aww sorry to hear that. Hope she starts feeling better soon.

• MoFA for VF/TVF
  • MoFA for the MSU
  • MoJ for Nevthronia
  • Co-Founder of TVF
  • WAD of Zero Beta

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:08 am

Cerillium wrote:We can also send out blocks of 8 TG. I copy and paste the message and then pull up names from the list.

Ohshiohshiohshiohshi-

I went away for 14 pages and this happens D:
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Anhur
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Anhur » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 am

So I was doing a little thinking and as a fun little lead up to the Zombie Event. I suggest an RP Idea, we should do something funny and non-canon like a zombie outbreak on Pax Concordia. Wouldn't it be fun to watch the delegates scramble to avoid zombies in a confined space station until help arrives?

• MoFA for VF/TVF
  • MoFA for the MSU
  • MoJ for Nevthronia
  • Co-Founder of TVF
  • WAD of Zero Beta

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:46 am

Sure! Why not? I'm always in for a little fun ICly.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:59 am

[REDACTED BY MOD]

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 am

Good day all, hope everyone is doing well?

Under construction

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Anhur wrote:So I was doing a little thinking and as a fun little lead up to the Zombie Event. I suggest an RP Idea, we should do something funny and non-canon like a zombie outbreak on Pax Concordia. Wouldn't it be fun to watch the delegates scramble to avoid zombies in a confined space station until help arrives?

You'll need to use a different location. As fun as it would be, we're not the only group that uses Pax. It has phenomenal security but also the ability to quickly quarantine sections, halls, rooms etc.

Swith might not be up to RPing. I don't think it would be possible to brief anyone to the station's history, and I'm already dedicated to running my region's zombie RP. (That will be in the Zombie subforum itself rather than II/NS or P2TM.)
Last edited by Cerillium on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Planeia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:42 pm

With Planeians having antibodies for virtually all types of diseases and are essentially immune to most, zombie RPs wouldn't be for me. In fact I'm not even gonna consider them canon, really, just like the other 90% of stuff that stems from gameside.
Paradise has Fallen

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates