NATION

PASSWORD

The Cape Town Complex (IC/Sign-Up in OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Cape Town Complex (IC/Sign-Up in OOC)

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Hello everyone this is Volkstaat (I go by Volk as well) and this is my first attempt at an RP and this one will focus on the daily lives of both foreigners and locals in the nations largest city Cape Town and how they interact with one another in this massive and diverse city.

City Life/General Information: Volkstaat is a majority white (Afrikaans) nation situated on the western portion of western half of the Cape of Good Hope. Cape Town is the nations largest city boasting almost 2.8 million in habitants of all ethnic, racial, national, and religious backgrounds. While Volkstaat is roughly 83% white and 17% black Cape Town is fare more diverse with a 60/40 population split between whites and blacks. As far as languages go it's easy to get around knowing English however knowing Afrikaans will help you out tremendously and the University of Cape Town as well as most secondary schools in the area offer great Afrikaans Emerson courses for non-native speakers.

A good portion of the city is fair peaceful however areas around the outskirts of the city are notoriously violent most notably the area of Delft. Although Cape Town is slightly below the national average in crime thanks to progressive polices but this really depends on where in the city you area with some areas more violent then others. In places like Oranjezicht (in which this RP will start and be based in) is relatively free from violent crime however vandalism is a new trend as well as drug use (mostly designer and party drugs like MDMA and other Hallucinogen's). The city's economy is based heavily on services with the computer industry taking off in the city as well as other more general service jobs like retail and customer service.

The city offered lots of areas to which one might be attractive to people including many parks, gyms, amusement parks, and the beach.

General RP Info: this RP will take place in the Suburb of Oranjezicht and depending on what you wish to do will depend on where you will stay. People who are not secondary or university students will stay in an apartment complex, Secondary Students will be located at the St. Cyprian's Private Boarding School, and University Students will take up residency at the newly built Heilige Oranje Privet University. Both schools are known for their diverted class set and great Afrikaans Language courses.

While at first I'll let this RP be built on general interaction later on I'll start to develop the story even further for all involved. I'll also allow you to have multiple characters (two at the most) however as OP I'll take on the role of multiple NCP's as well as three main characters in order to stir up activity between characters and to connect players that would other wise not meet in normal situations.

Maarten van der Kaap -Denne Veld Apartments - Cape Town

As I walked through the halls at my apartment noticing all the new moving crap for some of the apartments next to mine. I didn't bother with it to much as I wasn't to big on neighbors. All I needed was business and that was it wether it was through DJing or selling that's all I really cared about.

As I finally made my way through the hallway and to my apartment I saw some musical equipment being moved into the apartment next to mine, I simply smiled and unlocked my door, at least having one more musician in the place would be fun to have him over for a beer sometime.

As I walked into my apartment the smell of hard liquor and pot hit me like a tidal wave, it's was pungent and the smell even had a thickness to it like it was a fog or a most rather then a simply smell. I left the main door open to try and move the majority of the smell out of the apartment and I opened windows as well to try and help fumigate the place.

Jaakub Mkumibi - St. Cyprian Private Boarding School - Cape Town

It was the start of the new semester at St. Cyprian and like any other semester we just finished orientation at the Football (soccer) field which was pointless seeing as most people just did online orientation. I walked through the dorm hall and to my Dorm room. Usually the front door had a piece of paper with the names of the people will occupy the dorm. As I looked at the paper I saw my name, and the names of a Lukas Austerlitz and Mulatu Gebreselassie. I feel lucky since I got a special three person dorm but sharing a place with two other people I didn't even know.

As I opened the door I noticed that it was empty so I was the first one here. I took advantage of the situation and quickly called the signal bed leaving the bunk bed for the other two to fight fight for. The next three days were meant for students to settle in and classes wouldn't start for another three days thankfully.

K. D. Oranjezouteur - Heilige Oranje Privet University - Cape Town

It was a pretty sunny day at the University. Tonight was the inaugural rugby game for the semester and people were geared up and ready for the game against the University of Kimberly. I wouldn't be in the game but I sure as hell would be attending probably one if the biggest games here. I went to go to my dorm which had been shuffled around a bit thanks to new semester starters and transfers. As I walked one half of the place was covered in Volkstaat national team attire and even a few football, rugby, and cricket kits were tacked to and adorned the wall and ceiling while the other half was plain and barrens once no one occupied that bed. Although from what I knew I would be getting a new room mate before to long and honestly after a year and a half without one it would be nice to finally have one, hopefully we shared the same interest or at least the same Major.
The Volkstaat Republic

Afrikaans majority post-Apartheid state located in the western half of South Africa.

RP's: Cape Town Complex

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Yawning I stepped into the morning sunlight and looked around at my new surroundings. It didn't appear to be the worst city on earth. However still it was not Tripoli, in fact Tripoli was at the other end of the same continent. Vividly I remembered seeing its gleaming skyscrapers and white sandy beaches from the plane before it disappeared up through the clouds and now I was here in Cape Town, my new home. Entering the building I looked down at the sheet on which was the number of the room I was staying in along with the names of the other two people I was sharing it with. "Please let them be nice and er..welcoming I guess", I thought to myself before finally reaching the room. Standing outside the door I quickly checked to make sure I was presentable to the other people I would be living with. I wore pale beige coloured chinos and a dark blue polo shirt. Knocking on the door, I breathed out quietly waiting for an answer.
Last edited by Kwadai on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:12 pm

As I was finishing up putting away my cloths in the designated draws as well as putting up most of my packed goods when I heard a knock on the door. I looked over at the door which was your typical cheap store bought maple wood door, thin as paper so the knock was clear and audible.

I was in the process of putting up some more cloths and had my hands full with cloths so I simply called out to the person behind the door.

"Come on in it's unlocked." I said putting away some more cloths. My guess is that it was one of the new room mates. Looking over the room I really hope he didn't mind the color I put out there. Lots of green, red, orange, and blue which adorned my portion of the room along with a few posters the biggest one being one of Kwazi Nuwali one of the top skateboarders in the nation.
The Volkstaat Republic

Afrikaans majority post-Apartheid state located in the western half of South Africa.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Once I heard the voice from inside I knew that I was now free to enter. I pushed open the door before entering the room and closing it quietly behind me. Turning to face the room the first thought that sprung into mind was "woah lots of posters" it didn't really bother me too much anyway. Walking over to my new roommate whose name I wasn't sure of after reading that two others were sharing the room with me. I extended my hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Lukas, Lukas Austerlitz", I said politely
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 pm

I heard the door open and I turned around quickly to see who it was. It was a sharply dressed... Well better dressed then me anyway as I was wearing some indigo blue jeans, a DC shirt and a hat. He looked like he was of European decent and that was confirmed when he said his name. It definetly wasn't Afrikaans in origin although it did sound similar in origin he was probably from Central Europe.

"Hey there I'm Jaakub. I take it your my new room mate?" I asked him as I put the last of my cloths into the shelves and I shook his hand. My voice had the typical accent you would here from a native Xhosa speaker although I couldn't really pin his down like you could most people who pass through here.
The Volkstaat Republic

New Judah
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Judah » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 am

St Cyprian Private Boarding School
Cape Town

What an odd day it had been for poor old Mulatu, who wasn't poor or old in any way. Mulatu had been down at the local football field for an orientation, which seemed fine, but a little boring. Mulatu never had liked orientations OR football. It just never interested him. Now, however, Mulatu was on his way to a new Dorm, which WOULD interest him, because he liked meeting new people and boring them with long speeches about why Haile Selassie I, Emperor of Ethiopia and Ras Tafari, was the Second Advent of Christ, and why cool things like Cannabis should be legalised. For prayer use of course. That usually did not bore them, until prayer was mentioned. However, hopefully these people, or this person, would be different.

But this was certainly the start of a new time of Mulatu's life. A very new start, as he was strolling down a lovely corridor, searching for his Dorm. Study hard, work stronger. That was his motto. Study hard, work stronger.. He finally reached the door, and looked at the list of people in his Dorm which happened to be on the front of it. So we have... Jaakub Mkumibi. He sounds like a native. He spoke both Dutch and English, so he could surely talk to that guy. Then he had another name. Lukas Austerlitz. Well, Austerlitz was now called Slavkov u Brna, and that was in the Czech Republic, so this Lukas person was probably from that region.

But that was enough thinking for now. Time to act. He raised his hand. Study hard. He knocked on the door. Work stronger. Time to meet new people. He waited, and hoped that somebody nice would open the door.
My IC name is The Rastafari Federation, which is a theocratic Nyabinghi island federation in the Caribbean. New Judah (formerly Tafaica) is just the island where the capital is situated.

I am a Jamaican Rastafari IRL with military experience. I like TGs and well-written RP.

The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:16 am

As I was introducing myself to the new guy I could hear someone outside the door. I too my attention away from the new guy for just one moment as I moved over and opened the door to revile a boldly framed African man with knotted up hair, I couldn't remember the name of the style since I usually kept my hair cut short but whatever floats his boat I guess.

As I looked at him for a second I though of a pretty good idea just for my amusement and one which wouldn't harm him in the least bit. I figured I would speak Xhosa to him my native tongue and probably one of the most complicated languages spoken in Volkstaat with its clicks and tonal nature of speech. I looked him in the eyes and let a smile ago just before I spoke.

"Molo! Ngubani igama lakho? Igama lam ngu Jaakub." I said to giving him a general hello, asking him for his name and then giving him my name. I wait to try and see how he would react to the interaction. Of course this wouldn't be something I'd pull for long he could ether speak English or Afrikaans so I'd probably pull it once he started trying new languages. Or he tried his best to answer me or he ended up speaking Xhosa which would really surprise me.
The Volkstaat Republic

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:46 am

The Volkstaat Republic wrote:Jaakub Mkumibi - St. Cyprian Private Boarding School - Cape Town

I heard the door open and I turned around quickly to see who it was. It was a sharply dressed... Well better dressed then me anyway as I was wearing some indigo blue jeans, a DC shirt and a hat. He looked like he was of European decent and that was confirmed when he said his name. It definetly wasn't Afrikaans in origin although it did sound similar in origin he was probably from Central Europe.

"Hey there I'm Jaakub. I take it your my new room mate?" I asked him as I put the last of my cloths into the shelves and I shook his hand. My voice had the typical accent you would here from a native Xhosa speaker although I couldn't really pin his down like you could most people who pass through here.

Hey Jaakub, yes that's right", Lukas says before he was interrupted by a knock on the door behind him. Walking further into the room to give room for Jaakub to open the door for whom Lukas assumed would be his other roommate.

Once the new person entered the room Lukas quickly observed this person's appearance. He looked nothing like any KwaDaian he had ever seen. What surprised him more was that Jaakub spoke to this person whose name according to the sheet on the door was Mulatu in another language. Lukas couldn't point out exactly what language it was but he knew for sure it was an African dialect.
Last edited by Kwadai on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

New Judah
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Judah » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:57 am

The Dorm

The door swung open in front of Mulatu to reveal a teenager of similar skin colour to him, however with shorter hair and a thinner body than him, instantly making Mulatu feel like the least cool person in the school. This would be awkward. Mulatu took in the look of the room whilst he thought of what to say.

Plenty of cloth is what hit him at first. Mulatu really liked the colours - loads of green, red, orange, that was great. It made him feel at home, which was was a welcome feeling for Mulatu. It wasn't as if he ever got homesick, no, he just enjoyed the feeling of being in places that reminded him of home. Blue, too, was situated in the room. Not as familiar as the other colours, but nevertheless a good combination. The room was also adorned with posters of people who liked like Skateboarders, or whatever the sport was called. If it even was a sport. Mulatu got a look around, and noticed another teenager there, one who he could only presume was this Austerlitz person.

At that point, poor Mulatu realised he was fatter than both of them. Mental note number 1: stop being fat.

The one who opened the door then began to speak in a very bizarre tongue that Mulatu could only imagine was Xhosa or some other African language. Unfortunately, Mulatu had no idea how to speak any South African language at all. However, he could speak Dutch, so he decided to try that instead.

"Wah gwaan!" He grinned, and then realised that the man in front of him probably didn't speak Tafaican Patois. "Uhm... Spreekt du Engels?" He looked at Jaakub and hoped he had spoken the words right.
My IC name is The Rastafari Federation, which is a theocratic Nyabinghi island federation in the Caribbean. New Judah (formerly Tafaica) is just the island where the capital is situated.

I am a Jamaican Rastafari IRL with military experience. I like TGs and well-written RP.

The Iberian Peoples
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Iberian Peoples » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 am

(delete)
Last edited by The Iberian Peoples on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Antrema
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Glasses Molloy

Postby Antrema » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:55 am

Capetown
After arriving at the airport, Sgt Nicholas 'Glasses' Molloy took a cab to his apartment downtown. It was ideally situated: 10 minutes in each and every direction were shops, the beach, a bus station, shops, restaurants and pubs. That gave the Special Branch operative plenty of things to see and do and lap up the sun while he was at it, if he got lost there were plenty of signs in English and people who could speak it. He had heard from previous tourists not to wonder in the Delft flats a lot of drugs, violence and guns were in that area although some places had seen vandals and designer drugs taking a foothold. Molloy always went mob-handed in any event it was better to be prepared than caught with no trousers on. Lucky for him the Oranjezicht district was for the most part a safe haven. Molloy arrived at the apartment block he was to stay at and paid off the cab driver.
"Dankie vir die lift boet."
After check-in he dropped his gear at the apartment room D-10 and then took a few bits and bobs before heading for the beach. First sign of the beach he immediately memorised his location, to the east were apartment blocks, clubs and more shops. To the west an open cafe with a BBQ grill running and an upstairs pub. He decides a snack is in order before sunbathing, he orders a hoisin fried pork sandwich and a cup of gunfire - tea laced with rum. This is the fucking life big man.

The Royally United Provinces
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royally United Provinces » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:52 am

Heilige Oranje Privet University, Dorm rooms

"23C" Peter opened the door to his room he saw someone inside. "Are you K. D. Oranjezouteur? I'm Peter Kinsman, your new room mate." He set his bags on his bed and began hanging posters mainly of football players and teams. He put some trophies up. His own trophies from football teams he had played for. He was planning on playing for the University team. He heated up a microwave meal and sat on his bed eating it. It had been a long day. From the flight from Winston to here.
Councillor of the Alliance of Nobles
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
#ValaranSoFab
Proud member of the Monarchist Federation!
NStracker (it works)

The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:11 pm

New Judah wrote:The Dorm

The door swung open in front of Mulatu to reveal a teenager of similar skin colour to him, however with shorter hair and a thinner body than him, instantly making Mulatu feel like the least cool person in the school. This would be awkward. Mulatu took in the look of the room whilst he thought of what to say.

Plenty of cloth is what hit him at first. Mulatu really liked the colours - loads of green, red, orange, that was great. It made him feel at home, which was was a welcome feeling for Mulatu. It wasn't as if he ever got homesick, no, he just enjoyed the feeling of being in places that reminded him of home. Blue, too, was situated in the room. Not as familiar as the other colours, but nevertheless a good combination. The room was also adorned with posters of people who liked like Skateboarders, or whatever the sport was called. If it even was a sport. Mulatu got a look around, and noticed another teenager there, one who he could only presume was this Austerlitz person.

At that point, poor Mulatu realised he was fatter than both of them. Mental note number 1: stop being fat.

The one who opened the door then began to speak in a very bizarre tongue that Mulatu could only imagine was Xhosa or some other African language. Unfortunately, Mulatu had no idea how to speak any South African language at all. However, he could speak Dutch, so he decided to try that instead.

"Wah gwaan!" He grinned, and then realised that the man in front of him probably didn't speak Tafaican Patois. "Uhm... Spreekt du Engels?" He looked at Jaakub and hoped he had spoken the words right.

I looked at the kid trying to hold in a giggle or two as as I tried to figure out my next move. Would I continue the little joke a bit longer or tell him him that I can speak English. My knowledge of Xhosa was extensive as a native speaker thanks in part to my parents. While they loved Volkstast they were also heavily into phrase raving African culture in the nation meaning I was brought up in a traditional Xhaso household aside from religion since we were members of the Christian Church of Zion but everything else was very traditional so with Xhaso my only language until I was 10 I knew it really well and could keep this up for days. Then I heard him speak Dutch... While not an Afrikaner I knew that the people here tried to get away with not learning the language plus some key phrases and words not to mention pronunciation and grammar were all in some way different from its daughter language so I chose to keep it going for a little bit longer.

"Andiva, Uyakwazi ukuthetha isiXhosa?" I asked him as I grabbed him and let him into the room with Lukas. I then shut the door and looked at the two of them.

"First off nice to meat you Lukas, and I'm guessing you are Mulatu, it's great to meet you two. As you can see I've taken the liberty of decorating my third of the room and you guys can do what you wish. Also just some quick info, don't try to get around speaking Dutch it pisses the locals off you will do just fine speaking English alright. But yeah I'm Jaakub and I'm your new room mate guys. So while where here why don't we take a trip back to pre-k and tell each other a little bit about ourselves.

For me I'm a 4 year student of St. Cyprian and I'm the future dagga smoking, X-Games loving politician kids dream about. I was born in Kimberly and I didn't speak a second language till I was ten. What about you guy?" I asked smile and chuckling and talking in a genuinely friendly manner.

The Royally United Provinces wrote:Heilige Oranje Privet University, Dorm rooms

"23C" Peter opened the door to his room he saw someone inside. "Are you K. D. Oranjezouteur? I'm Peter Kinsman, your new room mate." He set his bags on his bed and began hanging posters mainly of football players and teams. He put some trophies up. His own trophies from football teams he had played for. He was planning on playing for the University team. He heated up a microwave meal and sat on his bed eating it. It had been a long day. From the flight from Winston to here.

Looked over to see another person in the door. I stood up straight and as he introduced him selves I did as well.

"Yes I am K. D. And it's great to meet you Peter." I said to him as I backed off a little to allow him to set his room up, as he finished and started to eat a meal I sat on my bed across from him.

"So I see your into football, what's your favorite team?" I asked as I look at all the posters of football players on the wall. They were all teams I was unfamiliar with since I was a big fan of Ajax Cape Town F.C. and the national team but other then that I didn't know much about the game in other parts of the world.
The Volkstaat Republic

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royally United Provinces » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:43 pm

"Mountain SC (soccer club because I'm an American). By far my favorite. If I don't end up being a doctor then I'm going to play football. He threw the meal away. "So, you want to come and check out the town with me before the game. It seems like a cool city to me." He grabbed his keys, "Come on!"
#ValaranSoFab
NStracker (it works)

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:44 pm

I looked at the kid trying to hold in a giggle or two as as I tried to figure out my next move. Would I continue the little joke a bit longer or tell him him that I can speak English. My knowledge of Xhosa was extensive as a native speaker thanks in part to my parents. While they loved Volkstast they were also heavily into phrase raving African culture in the nation meaning I was brought up in a traditional Xhaso household aside from religion since we were members of the Christian Church of Zion but everything else was very traditional so with Xhaso my only language until I was 10 I knew it really well and could keep this up for days. Then I heard him speak Dutch... While not an Afrikaner I knew that the people here tried to get away with not learning the language plus some key phrases and words not to mention pronunciation and grammar were all in some way different from its daughter language so I chose to keep it going for a little bit longer.

"Andiva, Uyakwazi ukuthetha isiXhosa?" I asked him as I grabbed him and let him into the room with Lukas. I then shut the door and looked at the two of them.

"First off nice to meat you Lukas, and I'm guessing you are Mulatu, it's great to meet you two. As you can see I've taken the liberty of decorating my third of the room and you guys can do what you wish. Also just some quick info, don't try to get around speaking Dutch it pisses the locals off you will do just fine speaking English alright. But yeah I'm Jaakub and I'm your new room mate guys. So while where here why don't we take a trip back to pre-k and tell each other a little bit about ourselves.

For me I'm a 4 year student of St. Cyprian and I'm the future dagga smoking, X-Games loving politician kids dream about. I was born in Kimberly and I didn't speak a second language till I was ten. What about you guy?" I asked smile and chuckling and talking in a genuinely friendly manner.

Taking a mental note of not to speak any Dutch, Lukas faced both Mulatu and Jaakub. "Well I'm from KwaDai, Tripoli to be precise and my mother is a native Arab and Muslim KwaDaian and my father was German. Therefore I grew up speaking Arabic from my mother and German from my father then in school and from friends I learned English and have become accustomed to a little French also.", Lukas says in a typical KwaDaian accent before continuing "I love writing particularly journalism related things that's kind of why I'm here to experience school and way of life within another culture"
Last edited by Kwadai on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:59 pm

The Royally United Provinces wrote:"Mountain SC (soccer club because I'm an American). By far my favorite. If I don't end up being a doctor then I'm going to play football. He threw the meal away. "So, you want to come and check out the town with me before the game. It seems like a cool city to me." He grabbed his keys, "Come on!"

"So you want to be a doctor? That's a pretty admirable profession hope it goes well. And I take it your on the football team? I'm on the Rugby team!" I said knowing I found somebody who would make a good room mate. He then asked if I wanted to go out on the town and in all honestly I couldn't deny wanting to go.

"Sure I can show you around if you want." I said as I headed out the door.

KwaDai wrote:

Taking a mental note of not to speak any Dutch, Lukas faced both Mulatu and Jaakub. "Well I'm from KwaDai, Tripoli to be precise and my mother is a native Arab and Muslim KwaDaian and my father was German. Therefore I grew up speaking Arabic from my mother and German from my father then in school and from friends I learned English and have become accustomed to a little French also.", Lukas says in a typical KwaDaian accent before continuing "I love writing particularly journalism related things that's kind of why I'm here to experience school and way of life within another culture"

"Well you came to the right place if your looking for culture, cape towns got almost everything you could imagine from multiple African cultures, the Afrikaans, Cape Malay, you name it we got it here. I'll tell you guys what, since we got three days to get settled in you guys want to head up west to the main part of the city and chill out up there?" I asked looking at the two of them. Mulatu didn't say anything but that was fine with me I liked to pick people's brains over a good Gatsby.

Antrema wrote:Capetown
After arriving at the airport, Sgt Nicholas 'Glasses' Molloy took a cab to his apartment downtown. It was ideally situated: 10 minutes in each and every direction were shops, the beach, a bus station, shops, restaurants and pubs. That gave the Special Branch operative plenty of things to see and do and lap up the sun while he was at it, if he got lost there were plenty of signs in English and people who could speak it. He had heard from previous tourists not to wonder in the Delft flats a lot of drugs, violence and guns were in that area although some places had seen vandals and designer drugs taking a foothold. Molloy always went mob-handed in any event it was better to be prepared than caught with no trousers on. Lucky for him the Oranjezicht district was for the most part a safe haven. Molloy arrived at the apartment block he was to stay at and paid off the cab driver.
"Dankie vir die lift boet."
After check-in he dropped his gear at the apartment room D-10 and then took a few bits and bobs before heading for the beach. First sign of the beach he immediately memorised his location, to the east were apartment blocks, clubs and more shops. To the west an open cafe with a BBQ grill running and an upstairs pub. He decides a snack is in order before sunbathing, he orders a hoisin fried pork sandwich and a cup of gunfire - tea laced with rum. This is the fucking life big man.

As the day started to progress in Cape Town the place started to come alive with people walking around and going around dancing around and people playing music on the street corner. The small pub was getting pack with people looking forces good time. And with that people started to get a little rowdy with one person getting pushed into Nicholas knocking over his drink.

(Sorry I don't have anything better for you right now, I'll try to see what I can get for you)
The Volkstaat Republic

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:12 pm

"Well you came to the right place if your looking for culture, cape towns got almost everything you could imagine from multiple African cultures, the Afrikaans, Cape Malay, you name it we got it here. I'll tell you guys what, since we got three days to get settled in you guys want to head up west to the main part of the city and chill out up there?" I asked looking at the two of them. Mulatu didn't say anything but that was fine with me I liked to pick people's brains over a good Gatsby.

Listening to Jaakub's brief explanation of Cape Towns culture Lukas paid close attention. "That would be great thanks. It will be good to get to know the city a bit before school starts." He grinned. He looked over at the stuff he brought from KwaDain before casting the thought aside "I'll decorate and arrange later", Lukas thought to himself. He didn't have an excess of items with him, he preferred to not carry around heaps of unnecessary junk. Some things he did have though included a KwaDaian flag and a picture of a (widely celebrated in Tripoli) KwaDaian tennis player.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

Antrema
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:32 am

Antrema wrote:
As the day started to progress in Cape Town the place started to come alive with people walking around and going around dancing around and people playing music on the street corner. The small pub was getting pack with people looking forces good time. And with that people started to get a little rowdy with one person getting pushed into Nicholas knocking over his drink.

(Sorry I don't have anything better for you right now, I'll try to see what I can get for you)

After a spending most of the hour bathing, eating and drinking Molloy goes out into the bay to cool off. He had never found this much relaxation on leave in a long time. After a 20 minute solid swim the man goes ashore and decides on something a lot more stronger. Guinness. He makes his way towards the bar which by this time was packed with lots of party goers, tourists, hipsters and others in on 'the scene' enjoying the BBQ, getting drunk or playing volleyball. The peeler makes his way to the bar to get 'harpic', slowly as the upstairs area was packed. Just putting your hand on the bar took a massive amount of effort. He manages to purchase the black stuff and then slowly makes his way outside. Molloy had only taken a couple of gulps of his 'gunfire' tea before someone pushed another into him, causing his pint to fall and smash on the deck, if it is something you don't do it is mess around with an Antremian's alcohol. He looks at the two individuals responsible.
"Oi yous two c' mere! What the fuck are ye eejits doing!?"

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 am

Capetown harbour
high tide Slackwater

It had been a long voyage south to new fishing grounds and a good trip with good tonnage of Cod and Herring and now Bryn now has a new position, a new harbour and now new fishing waters to continue the family legacy of fishing. With the trawler tied up and the catch emptied Bryn looks at his crew "One week shore leave whilst I work on getting a new skipper as I am going to be running things from shore, I plan to get a second boat as well, so expect bigger things from me" he says to his crew, "now just got to sign for the offload"

Bryn looks at his deck boss "do the figures match?" he asks

"yes Sir" came the reply and that put a smile on Bryn's face, "before you all get off, I will need to pay you all" he says. and so off he goes to the office where he signs the catch over and picks up the payment and 20 envelopes, each one with a paycheque inside, one by one each one of his crew gets given his paycheque, then once the last paycheque is handed over, Bryn goes to the bridge and turns the key and so the ship responds with the 2 Transmash diesel engines falling silent.

With the ship shut down Bryn smiles as he follows his mostly black crew off the ship, "eh whit simbo minn, you git us gid skipper, yis?" says one of his crew with a slight afrikaans accent to his english, and so the crew head off their seperate ways to spend time with loved ones as Bryn heads off to catch a taxi to his new home and to ensure that his removals crew have done the job right.

"TAXI" he says at the taxi rank as a yellow cab heads towards it.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 am

Ludo Vignisson
Capetown

As the day was still in full swing I was preparing to leave my apartment and head to a well known bar that seemed to gather a lot of people. We had scheduled a gig there before and we were returning in hopes of finding more people to fall into our melodic death metal grasp. I had already got my amps packed in the back of my hatchback and was returning to get my mic and lock my apartment. whilst returning I noticed a few new people moving into the complex, we needed them, most of the people had moved out for some other reason besides the personal one. I quickly looked at the new tenants before rushing inside of my apartment and grabbing my microphone. As I walked down the hall that led to my door I cleaned up the hallway before exiting and locking the door behind me.

The drive over to the bar was a quick one but find parking was a bitch. Thankfully the bar had a parking spot behind it that only allowed band members to park behind the bar and prepare to move all of their equipment onto the stage before getting started. I spotted my band mates cars instantly and took a parking spot by them. As I exited they happily greeted me and I returned the greetings, we began conversing in Trekoan for some time. Our conversation lasted pretty long as we were politely notified by the bouncer it was time to set up on stage. I gave my band mates a nod and a smile as I returned to my care and quickly began unloading my amps and taking them on stage.

We quickly set up and did our sound test and we were given the okay to start with our gig. I licked my lips before speaking in Afrikaans, "Hello, and good day today! We are the Neglected Ones and we are happy to play here once again at this amazing bar!" I shouted, as I took a beer from the crowd and quickly took a swig before placing it on the floor next to me. I looked at my band mates and gave a quick nod and we began our gig. There was an immediate positive response from the crowd as they began to here our melodic death metal meet their ears. As I was about to start singing I noticed a man confronting two others about his beer which had been spilled by them. I gave a smile as I looked at them before growling in to the microphone.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm

removed. Going to put Gina elsewhere
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royally United Provinces » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Peter pulled out his keys and unlocked his car. It was a used Mercades Benz C-Class. His parents got it for him. He turned the car on.

"Where to K.D?" He asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

(Sorry bout the short post. I didn't know what to post)
#ValaranSoFab
NStracker (it works)

The Volkstaat Republic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Volkstaat Republic » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 am

KwaDai wrote:

Listening to Jaakub's brief explanation of Cape Towns culture Lukas paid close attention. "That would be great thanks. It will be good to get to know the city a bit before school starts." He grinned. He looked over at the stuff he brought from KwaDain before casting the thought aside "I'll decorate and arrange later", Lukas thought to himself. He didn't have an excess of items with him, he preferred to not carry around heaps of unnecessary junk. Some things he did have though included a KwaDaian flag and a picture of a (widely celebrated in Tripoli) KwaDaian tennis player.

"Alright let's go!" I said as I picked up my keys and walked out the door taking my time walking down the coradoor through the school. The big question is where would I take them? Bo-Kaap was a pretty cool place what with all the colorful buildings and great street food or maybe we could head out to the beach front and chill out their with it's great night life and fresh seafood to boot.

I would probably make my choice as I drive down the road plus I had a full tank and nothing to do so it would be good for them to see the city while I drove around. I walked up to my blue Ford Contour SE and unlocked the door.

"Come on guys get in and let's get going"

As they got into the car I started it up and drove my car and out of the parking lot. It was a really short trip out to the beach front so that's where I took them driving around the city letting them see the cities sky line and the bright colorfully painted houses just before we hit the beach district.

"So guys there's a place just down the road the serves food and has live band you want to hit that up?" I asked as I pulled over to the side of the road and parked my car.

Aurora Confederacy wrote:Capetown harbour
high tide Slackwater

It had been a long voyage south to new fishing grounds and a good trip with good tonnage of Cod and Herring and now Bryn now has a new position, a new harbour and now new fishing waters to continue the family legacy of fishing. With the trawler tied up and the catch emptied Bryn looks at his crew "One week shore leave whilst I work on getting a new skipper as I am going to be running things from shore, I plan to get a second boat as well, so expect bigger things from me" he says to his crew, "now just got to sign for the offload"

Bryn looks at his deck boss "do the figures match?" he asks

"yes Sir" came the reply and that put a smile on Bryn's face, "before you all get off, I will need to pay you all" he says. and so off he goes to the office where he signs the catch over and picks up the payment and 20 envelopes, each one with a paycheque inside, one by one each one of his crew gets given his paycheque, then once the last paycheque is handed over, Bryn goes to the bridge and turns the key and so the ship responds with the 2 Transmash diesel engines falling silent.

With the ship shut down Bryn smiles as he follows his mostly black crew off the ship, "eh whit simbo minn, you git us gid skipper, yis?" says one of his crew with a slight afrikaans accent to his english, and so the crew head off their seperate ways to spend time with loved ones as Bryn heads off to catch a taxi to his new home and to ensure that his removals crew have done the job right.

"TAXI" he says at the taxi rank as a yellow cab heads towards it.

It was a fairly nice day out as I did my rounds as a taxi driver. Cape town was a huge place and so I typically made good money as a taxi driver. As I made my way around the docks a saw a made hail me so I pulled over and allowed him to use my services. Once he entered the back seat I turned to him.

"Any place your looking to go?"

The Royally United Provinces wrote:Peter pulled out his keys and unlocked his car. It was a used Mercades Benz C-Class. His parents got it for him. He turned the car on.

"Where to K.D?" He asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

(Sorry bout the short post. I didn't know what to post)

"Theirs a bar that does live bands near the beach let's head up that way I'll show you how to get their" I told Peter as I hoped into the car with him.
The Volkstaat Republic

Kwadai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:30 am

"Alright let's go!" I said as I picked up my keys and walked out the door taking my time walking down the coradoor through the school. The big question is where would I take them? Bo-Kaap was a pretty cool place what with all the colorful buildings and great street food or maybe we could head out to the beach front and chill out their with it's great night life and fresh seafood to boot.

I would probably make my choice as I drive down the road plus I had a full tank and nothing to do so it would be good for them to see the city while I drove around. I walked up to my blue Ford Contour SE and unlocked the door.

"Come on guys get in and let's get going"

As they got into the car I started it up and drove my car and out of the parking lot. It was a really short trip out to the beach front so that's where I took them driving around the city letting them see the cities sky line and the bright colorfully painted houses just before we hit the beach district.

"So guys there's a place just down the road the serves food and has live band you want to hit that up?" I asked as I pulled over to the side of the road and parked my car.

Once they began touring the city by car Lukas took out his iPhone and began snapping various pictures of the architecture around him taking particular interest with the coloured buildings. In KwaDai residential buildings were usually white or cream with terracotta tiled sloping roofs. However less residential areas were made up of hundreds of gleaming skyscrapers that pointed like needles into the hazy skies.

This was different it had a traditional feel about. Lukas liked it though it suited the city. Closing off his iPhone after Jaakub stopped at the beach and asked him and Mulatu about some place with a live band and where they could eat. "Sounds alright to me, let's head there then", Lukas nodded in agreement
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Seamus Wallings

Postby McNernia » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Capetown

The Secret Intelligence Service had granted him leaves and as such AA7,Seamus Wallings with some several hundred thousand pounds in an account from his various things he had done as a MD6 wetworker meaning he had killed people. But the people who ran Capetown did not have to know that. He was happy to be going on leave. The city of Capetown would provide that and with an apartment awaiting him he walked out of the baggage claim. Other necessities could be arranged.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates