NATION

PASSWORD

Sunalayan News {SUNALAYA ONLY!}

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oblaren
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren » Mon May 18, 2015 2:50 pm

New 3-D Printed Pills Could Change Medical World

A new breakthrough created by ModernHealth, a government backed research lab, has discovered a new formula for creating 3-D printed pills. The ingredients for these pills would be the same as a regular pill meant for the same purpose. However, all the ingredients could be made in a 3-D printer. This would not only make the production rate for medicine cheaper but could create medicine readily available to almost every single Oblarenite. The new pill shape would also work faster than traditional pills. It will be available in the coming weeks but to Oblarenites and allies of Oblaren only.

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Mon May 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Are the Yaramaquese and Indigenous peoples of the Ile of Flowers related?

ImageImage

Are these two men related?1

Khidizara, Yaramaqui - It is here by the light blue waters of the Northwestern Yaramaquese coastline, where one encounters the remains of a 10th Century Remains of a Yaramaquese Town, along with a very, important inscription of the famed Rabbi Ye'ir Kahakam HaNaftali Yi'qob Se'ir Yahud's tomb, a famous Yaramaquese rabbi frequently referenced throughout the era of the Rishonim and afterwards, consistently. However, scholars have been baffled about the location of his grave being lost in tradition of where his grave was. He eventually came to refuse any kind of attention and was buried privately. However while digging in the soil of a cave, archaeologists have claimed to not only have found his tomb, but a lengthy inscription that reads:

"Oh, What tragedy has fallen upon our people, they go round about destroying our homes and society causing many of my people to leave this land and flee directly to the west to seek refuge on the Great, once desolate Island, Westwards from the land of the Basqalim, bringing some of the Dhowidhye Dynasty with them to make a new home but also creating yet another diaspora. O, my family is gone and the roads of the vibrant Khid have gotten empty as they meander through our towns moving and handling us like cattle! Save us and may you bring us to the days of the old! May these who left come back in pride some day! May they heed my words and never let go of who they are and stay with the Torah of the World! May you give us all strength"

Although this may be an amazing find for the finding and end of the mystery of where Rakaysi's ( Rabbi Ye'ir Kahakam HaNaftali Yi'qob Se'ir Yahud') resting place, The Rabbi also gave us another mystery. Where did these people go to exactly? Are their descendants still living in this Great, one desolate island westward from the land of the Basqalim? The Chief Rabbi of Yaramaqui, Hakham Se'iroh Mizrahi HaYahudah Ben Bo'az Barukh, publicly suggested that the descendants of these people are still here, living on the Ile of Flowers, the Rhodeve Commonwealth 576 kilometers off the Coasts of Vekalse. He points out The Basqalim are Vekksals, the indigenous Semitic group of people living throughout East Vekalse, and in scattered communities in Western Yaramaqui, pointing out that their land is Vekalse, which is the land of the Basqalim, and noted that the only great Island west of the land of the Basqalim is the Ile of flowers,

He tries to make reinforcements with his arguments saying that they have extremely similar cultural practices towards the Yaramaquese, with some cultures that are only found amongst the Yaramaquese in all of the region of Azarah end up being found up there. He also notes that their language has around an 80% lexical similarity to Yaramaquese, the language isolate brought and adopted by the Yaramaquese from the Yaflim, and that Yaramaquese Hebrew words are found scattered out through the language of the Natives of the Ile of Flowers is a descendant of a diverging dialect of Yaramaquese. The Chief Rabbi latter brings arguments that Kingdom first formed on the Ile Flowers is of Yaramaquese history along with it's citizens not only due to the inscription, but due to the extensive amounts of ancient Yaramaquese Records consistently from that time saying that a large group of Yaramaquese from the Khid Region, left to an island West of the Land of the Besqalim for the next 10-20 years finding about 18 manuscripts with proven different authors of different regions of Yaramaqui.

The Chief Rabbi believes that there should be archaeological digs, and large autosomal, Y-Chromosomal, and mitochondrial DNA tests, to see if the two people are closely related and he argues that he found the descendants of Yaramaquese who are the ones described on this inscription. "I ask to you Government of the Commonwealth of the Ile of Flowers and Rhodevus, to see and analyze my claims for any historical value, for it is very important to us. I ask you to analyze my claims and arguments and use your archaeologists, to see what I claim is true or not. It could change a lot for us" comments the Rabbi after his national lecture, which lasted over an hour. Whether the Ile of Flowers natives are closely related or not, it should prove to be an interesting anomaly in Yaramaquese history.

1: Man on the left is Yaramaquese, man on the right is a native of the Ile of Flowers

Other News
• Yaramaquese officials begin to establish that they are leaving Ophion
•Yaramaquese Minister of Defense, pledges for immediate retaliation towards the Al-Ahsan Terrorism and attempt attack of the Har Qodesh
Last edited by Yaramaqui on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Senkaria
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Senkaria » Tue May 19, 2015 5:42 am

Breaking News: New Planet Discovered Might Support Life.
Written by Miranda Brooks
May 19th, 2015

Artistic Simulation of Draenox

On May 14th, The Society of Science and Technology pointed The Daemone Telescope towards Solar System X245-4A. The goal was to observe the exoplanets of the system, find information, and determine if any of them could support life. The mission was created 3 years ago and has been searching many solar systems. The X245-4A Solar System consists of 4 planets, and a smaller star which was accounted for when determining the habitable zone. The result was both astonishing and exciting for the astronomers and members of The Senka Space Program. They discovered a solid planet in the habitable zone that they believe could harbor life.

The planet is roughly 1.6 times the size of Sunalaya and the telescope found detections of oceans, magnetic fields, and an atmosphere that consists of Nitrogen, Oxygen, and some carbon dioxide which could point to photosynthesis happening on the planet which points to possible life. Upon further inspection they detected signs of methane which is important in biology and chemistry. The telescope doesn't have the necessary equipment to study the planet any further, but the current information shows extreme promise for signs of life. The Chief Director explains:

"Humans have, for as long as we can remember, wondered if we were the only ones in the universe. The Daemone Project was created because of Daemone's vision that one day in mankind's history we may live among the stars. We are obviously far from this point, but this planet is a tremendous discovery. We have been in development of a stronger space telescope that may be able to give us more answers on this planet, but it's relevance is tremendous and could lead to a whole new world of possibilities so to speak.

A team of scientists and notable figures met together to name the new planet from X245-4A.2 to a more suitable name. The name came to no surprise to the public when they announced the planet had been named Draenox. As many people know, that is the word that was found mysteriously written on an ancient stone on The Island of Amaya which is Senkaria's most holy location. The stone was discovered by Leon when he claimed to have met two goddesses which shaped the modern religion of Senkaria and many people hold it dear. To this day the word had never been translated and it's origin is still unknown, but the ancient words of Dråęñöx had been changed to just Draenox and given to this new discovery of Senkaria that, with further research, may change the entire world.
Last edited by Senkaria on Tue May 19, 2015 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Felsinean Valley
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinean Valley » Tue May 19, 2015 11:20 am

FLASH NEWS: Felsinean MP waves a seabass in plenary against nuclear power in Capsland

sorry for my english, my teacher was Matteo Renzi

Vekalse
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Tue May 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Last edited by Vekalse on Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You heard it here first. Kidding, you probably heard it from Lindenhole: I am literally insane. :P

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qseH6-DV2gc

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Tue May 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Last edited by Yaramaqui on Tue May 19, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Tue May 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Last edited by Vekalse on Wed May 20, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You heard it here first. Kidding, you probably heard it from Lindenhole: I am literally insane. :P

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Tue May 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Last edited by Yaramaqui on Tue May 19, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!פלסטין משוחררת

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Tue May 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Last edited by Vekalse on Wed May 20, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Wed May 20, 2015 9:32 am

Vekalse wrote:
Yaramaqui wrote:OOC: Rhodevus told me something else.

(OOC: Send him my complaints.)

OOC: You wanted to buy the island off of me, based on past native history. Yaramaqui was saying that he wants to study me to discover any possible connections between native ancestry. No land is going to change hands
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Wed May 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Ancient Fluerian Cemetery Discovered

Only days after the the Yaramaqui discovery of ruins hinting at a common ancestor between the Yaramaqi peoples and the Natives of the Ile of Flowers, archeologist and lead scientist of the University of Brevca (Ile of Flowers) discovered an ancient cemetery predating the Kingdom of Flowers. According to the transcriptions found on ceramic canisters, once containing ash of the deceased, the time period can be placed somehwere between 800-450 BCE, well into the range of Rakaysi's life.

With this new discovery in the Rhodeve Imperial Territory, Queen Diana has issued a statement allowing for Y-chromosomal and DNA tests to be performed on Native Fluerians and mixed Fluerians, if they so choose. For the next 6 months there tests will be performed and all information will be kept confidential between the governments of Rhodevus and Yaramaqui, as well as the Fluerian being tested; unless specified otherwise.

"We are extremely delighted to hear of this discovery", says Ja'ansen Mukashi, the current elected governor of the Ile of Flowers. "It is great to know more about our past, as well as the past of our island. This discovery has brought us [the Ile of Flowers] to the front of the news, and archaeology and historical research. We are among the last peoples on Sunalaya that know very little about our ancient past. I think it is beyond time to rectify this situation."

The governor did send a proposition to the Rhodeve House of Commons to pass a law expanding research and study of the Ile of Flowers. The House will vote on the proposition tomorrow and write up a law to give to the Senate if it passes through by next week.

Other news
  • Rhodevus to decrease its coal production by 15% over the next 3 years in order to reduce greenhouse emissions
  • the University of Acadia has finished 35 million $R renovation to its Biology and Biochemistry departments
  • Rhodeve military prepare for bi-annual war games
  • Recent breakthroughs in Rhodeve medicine reveal possible future cure for Alzheimer's
Last edited by Rhodevus on Wed May 20, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Creperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creperia » Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 pm

NATIONAL NEWS NETWORK

The administration of President Nikk Korsān determined to rebuild the Creperian economy

The new democratic government in Creperia has announced that its major goal in the very first term, will be to rebuild the economy of the country, which has collapsed under the rule of the preceding dictatorship

Today, in one of his first news conferences as the head of state, President Nikk Korsān has reassured the nation of the government’s major goals that had been set for the current term and beyond. Despite the administration having set a lot of objectives for itself in the oncoming years, President Korsān has stated that one major goal that the government will be focusing on, before moving on to anything else, will be rebuilding the economy of Creperia, which has been heading down the path of recession under the previous regime.

Over 7 years of the dictatorship’s reign, the economy of Creperia has been crippled by sanctions, the totalitarian regime’s selfish abuse of national resources for personal benefit, focusing the country’s entire budget on militarization, development of new weaponry, as well as increasing the regular army, and many more factors. Although these factors had brought a lot of damage to our country’s economy, President Korsān claims that it has fortunately not yet reached the level of complete downfall and should the current administration begin its work of rebuilding the economy now, our country will start climbing out of the crisis very soon and likely even raise our economy to greater levels.

The President stated that among the first steps required to begin the move in the desired direction, would be the return of Creperia to the international arena. Following the isolation from the rest of Sunalaya, which our country faced under the previous regime, Creperia should not be focusing on how to get back on the map, reestablish lost partnerships with other countries and even develop new ones. Although this is only one of the multiple steps that our country would have to take to start moving towards the rebuilding of our economy, it will serve as the first major step in the right direction, according to the President.

Reinsieger
Civil Servant

Founded: May 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Reinsieger » Thu May 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Votes Are In

The counting from the election from Tuesday is complete. The election was done with paper votes because of the Empire of Rezua's aggression to the Reinsiegerian people and unwillingness to give voting machines or any building supplies. Edmund Martel mysteriously dropped out of the election on monday due to reasons unknown. However, Lt. Col. Yuri Ramulous has been elected as Chancellor of Reinsieger. Col. Anastasia Yukar has become Vice-Chancellor. The new leaders have stated that they are committed to giving the people of Reinsieger a nation to be proud of. The creation of a grand new city is understand, using funds from former military spending.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu May 21, 2015 3:42 pm

Zanerian Economic Analysts Observe Exponential Increases In the Economy

Zanerian analysts have observed exponential increases in the overall health of the Zanerian economy. Every time Zanera opened a new trade agreement with another nation and began trade, there was a major growth in the Znaerian economy in the next six months. After initiating trade with Aznazia, Smoya, Rhodevus, Yaramaqui, and USJR, the Zanerian economy grew severely exponentially. This is a sharp contrast from the centuries of capitalism where the Zanerian economy was stale, and saw no hope for growth. With the institution of the current technocratic system, the economy experienced growth. With the opening of various trade agreements, the Zanerian economy exploded. Now that Zanera has entered into the Western Sunalayan Treaty Organization, or WeSTO, analysts expect a massive surge in the ups for the Zanerian economy.

Zanera has had a unique explosion in GDP compared to the centuries of capitalism. There was constant class warfare, and class struggle, with almost nothing being done to end it by the corrupted government. After Supreme Onerius entered office, originally, as President George Odin, corrupted officials were ousted from office with the help of the new (at the time) Reason Party. The government was for the people, but the centuries of a centuries implemented system by the capitalist aristocrats was woven into the fabric of Zanerian society. It was clear major changes would have to be brought about. The technocratic system was implemented, and the poor experienced a standard of living they originally only saw through the soot-covered windows of the slum houses. The boost to the economy brought excellent healthcare and excellent nutrition, as well as an end to the widespread abuse of alcohol. Many technologically advanced products were engineered by the hidden genius of the largest class: the poor, and when trade began, the economy experienced unforeseen surges from trade with other nations. The new trade agreement being discussed in Smoya may also heavily impact the Zanerian economy.

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Fri May 22, 2015 2:59 pm

Presidential Election Approaching Sunrisia: Nation Anticipates To Elect It’s New Leader On June 3rd

The 7th presidential election in Sunrisia is approaching the country closer every day. On June 3rd of this year, our nation will have a chance to make an important and responsible choice of personally choosing the new leader to run Sunrisia for another 3 year term. The number of options is highly colorful yet again, as all major parties – Conservatives, Liberals, Democrats, Liberal Democrats, Democratic Socialist, as well as multiple others – all have respective representatives included in the candidate list.

With President Edward Léker, the country’s current leader, announcing that he will not be running for office in the current election, the upcoming process will be even more intriguing, as the only candidate that everybody has been betting on, is out of the picture this time. Even Political scientists and other diplomats have all been speaking in favor of multiple candidates, with no single theory of a potential winner applying to a single candidate in a majority. Despite leaving a sense of anxiety and uncertainty in the atmosphere, due to the absence of predictions of a potential winner this year, it actually leads to a highly positive fact as well. With no single candidate being excluded as a potential winner, even by experts such as political scientists, it leads to a conclusion that every single candidate has an equal chance of winning. Therefore, dear citizens, I encourage you to vote for your favorite, as he or she may become our next President, however, in order for this to become a reality, he or she is going to require your active support.

Finally, President Léker has come out yesterday to publicly wish the best of luck to each and every single candidate personally, announcing that he is ready and even excited to pass the torch. He concluded his address with a classical statement – “may the best man or woman win”. The 7th presidential election in Sunrisia will take place in exactly 10 days.

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sun May 24, 2015 7:56 am

Capsland Edges Closer to War

Al-Ahsa military jet being shot down, image taken by a sailor aboard ICN Albert

BREAKING NEWS:
Roughly one hour ago, the Capslandian 5th Defence fleet, that had been sent to patrol outside Al-Ahsa territorial waters, reported that an Al Ahsa military jet had been engaged. They reported that the jet got too close despite the crew ordering it to leave and turn around back to Al Ahsa air space. After five minutes of contact and no response the crew was forced to open fire upon the jet. This was successful and the jet fell into the sea.
PR Rebecca Joye had this to say in an emergency press conference:
"Al Ahsa is testing Capsland's patients. They still refuse to pay compensation and end this crisis. The Capslandian Navy has had no choice but to engage and I personally applaud the crew of ICN Albert and nearby ships in the 5th Defence Fleet for thinking so decisively in these harsh times. Capsland is being forced to act aggressively toward Al Ahsa and we will continue to do so if they do not comply with our terms. War is the last thing we want... but we have not ruled it out."

There have already been protests outside of the Al-Ahsan embassy and significant damage to Al-Ahsan property in Capsland. There has also been a call for more of a military presence near Al Ahsa, something Parliament and the Imperial War Department have definitely considered. The Emperor and the imperial family have not made a statement on this yet.

In other news:
- Al Ahsa Ambassador called to Parliament to explain the situation.
- 68% of people support a war in Al Ahsa.
- The Cappar takes a dip in value due to the ongoing crisis.
- Goldwyn wins the "Territorial Music Contest".
Last edited by Capsland on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sun May 24, 2015 9:05 am

A New International Visit

After many weeks of talks between the ambassadors of Rhodevus and Senkaria, the countries have decided that it is their own interest to work more closely together. Next week, Chairman Noxsidera; leader of the People's Republic of Senkaria, will be visiting Kingstown in Rhodevus. Rhodevus is to become the first country that a Senkarian chairman has ever visited.
Queen Diana welcomes Chairman Noxsidera wtih open arms, telling the press, "The world is becoming smaller, and every nation, new, old, communist, capitalist, or a little bit of both, needs friends and allies to work with. To grow with. I, as Queen of Rhodevus feel that Senkaria is such a nation that we can ally with. Not yet mind you, but this visit will be the first step towards a growing friendship and shining future for both countries."
She/Her

Factbook

Al-Ahsa
Secretary

Founded: May 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ahsa » Sun May 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Ahsaean Fighter Jet Shot Down!

Just hours ago the Capslandian Navy shot down an Ahsaean fighter jet; on a routine patrol within Ahsaean Sovereign Air Space. The Capslandian Navy has patrolled outside of national waters since the recent terrorist attacks within their nation, and the Central Government announced that, "the Capslandian navy has crossed into Ahsaean sovereign waters prior to shooting down the Ahsaean fighter jet. This has been viewed as an act of war by the King, who will not tolerate the loss of Ahsaean life." The Ahsaean Embassy has been closed, and Ambassador Al-Wali has been recalled to Al-Ahsa. The Ahsaean Navy has been deployed to patrol sovereign waters while the air force will increase its routine patrols.

Creperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creperia » Sun May 24, 2015 5:49 pm

NATIONAL NEWS NETWORK

The government of Creperia endorses a referendum on the status of Aurona

With the permission from the administration of President Nikk Korsān, the state of Aurona in northern Creperia is to hold a referendum on its own status

Today, the administration of President Nikk Korsān has announced that the state of Aurona formed in northern Creperia has officially been granted a right to carry out a democratic referendum, where the final status of Aurona will be determined by the choice of its people. The idea of the referendum came up following a series of talks and negotiations between the government of Creperia and the substantive temporary authority of Aurona. At the referendum, the population of Aurona will have an opportunity to choose between three options – total independence from Creperia, an autonomous self-governing state within Creperia and the complete dissolution of the state of Aurona and full incorporation of the territory into Creperia, thus determining the final status of the state. Despite the idea of this specific referendum being initiated following talks between the government of Creperia and the temporary substantive leadership of Aurona, both administrations claim that the administration of President Nikk Korsān was actually the initiator and offered this opportunity to Aurona itself.

President Korsān has explained that our country’s government felt an obligation to grant this opportunity to Aurona, even if the state itself was not and would not have been asking for it on its own. Due to another self-sufficient community – the state of Lumena in eastern Creperia having recently carried out its own referendum on its status with a permission from the national government, where Lumena unanimously chose autonomy over independence, the administration of our country has stated that the other substantive subject in Creperia, should also be granted the same democratic right. A lot of attention has been devoted to the fact that during the reign of the previous totalitarian regime, Aurona has gone through much more difficulties in comparison to Lumena. Following the 2008 Creperian coup d'état, which illegally brought the dictatorship to power, a series of insurgencies against the regime erupted across Creperia, among which was the separatist uprising by the Freedom Fighters of Aurona, which sought to gain independence from a then-totalitarian Creperia. The regime sought to quell all these rebellions by launching full-scale military operations against them, but little effect. Unlike all other insurgencies, the uprising by Aurona was eventually suppressed as the separatists faced triumphant defeat at the hands of the regime forces. Since then, the Dictatorship of Creperia reclaimed control of the north and dissolved the state of Aurona, eventually even planning to eliminate all potential for this specific uprising to occur again. Fortunately, other ongoing insurgencies across the country kept the regime’s attention, therefore, the supposedly-dissolved Aurona did not have to face the genocidal wrath of the dictatorship. Since the defeat of the separatist fighters and the declaration of the termination of the state, Aurona never resurfaced, even after the decisive Creperian–Sunrisian War, where the entire country was liberated. However, today, in pursuit of fully restoring historical justice, the government of Creperia has permitted Aurona to remind of itself once more.

No official date for the referendum has been set yet, however, it is expected to take place somewhere between late May and early June. This will be second time Creperia grants a self-sufficient community to determine its own destiny. Naturally, the government personally hopes that the territorial integrity of Creperia will be secured, however, should the population of Aurona choose to leave, the administration is willing to accept and respect that choice.

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun May 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Empress Ymira Everen calls for end for Rising tension between Capsland and Al-Ahsa, Empress calls for national unity

Empress Everen has made two statements about problems that have been troubling her. The first one is about the tension between Capsland and Al-Ahsa.

The countries of Capsland and Al-Ahsa have had tensions growing between them in recent news. I would like to call for negotiations to be held between the two nations, I would like to offer for the meeting to be in Rezua. This will give a neutral place for both sides to meet without having to be in the other's nation. Rezua is a nation near these two nations and I do not want to have to deal with a war. Rezua is the perfect example of what a war does to a nation, I don't want more damage done to Rezua or to have another nation to be forced on its knees.

The next statement was one closer to home here in Rezua

My fellow Rezuans we are coming out of a dark age in our history. Our own betrayed us but now have been relocated and separated from us. However, I want to make it very clear I am still for a complete reunion between ourselves. As a people we've be divided for centuries, then were first united in 1536 but then split in 1701 due to cultural differences and were once again rejoined in 1893, the same year as Oblaren's independence. I've brought that up because I'd like to make a clear connection to the Oblarenite people and ourselves. The Oblarenites were also a divided people, by tribe, but were not hostile toward one another. Their differences did not destroy them. And when they were all mixed together by Rhodevus and Aznazia they united together and in 1893 became united people. Why is it that Oblaren united and we did not? Because the Oblarenites had a common enemy, the Aznazians. And once more we were ripped apart after the Second World War. We were pitted against each other, by the West, by Ophion. Today, however, there is no known enemy. Our enemy is our unknown future, lurking in the shadows, preying upon our fears of tomorrow. We are worried of what is to come, of who will protect of, of who will feed us, of how will our children survive. I am here to say I am promising a bright future to Rezua. A Rezua to be proud of. Our Army is strong enough to get their but are we? I believe we are, if we have common goals. I am beginning two new programs to provide us with common goals. Our first goal is to rebuild our cities and education system. Our children are our future, what we give them they will give to our future. My second goal is to try to have a space program. I will abandon this goal if it is impossible to get some Ophion or Commonwealth funding but I believe it's a good thing. For one it can get us new satellites to expand our communications services. It may also enable us to land on the Mun. I want us to be able to tell our children as we look to the stars "Look! That's the Mun! And we went there!" To plant a flag up on another rock, circling our rock, circling a star, will let us be part of something bigger than us. To launch ourselves through technology to bring us more options in the future. I would like to end by borrowing the words of someone who's inspired me my whole life. Princess Julia said, in 1968, shortly before her death at 74, 'If we were able to leave some kind of beacon in the heavens above this world then what couldn't we do? To prove to the world that the sky is not the limit and that there is more than now. There is a bright tomorrow. And it is for Rezua.'
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Al-Ahsa
Secretary

Founded: May 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ahsa » Sun May 24, 2015 9:09 pm

His Majesty Officially Declares war on Capsland
Moments ago King Salman of Al-Ahsa released the official declaration of war against Capsland. King Salman accused the Capslandian navy of violating Ahsaean sovereign waters earlier prior to shooting down a Royal Air Force Fighter Jet. The Fighter Jet was on a routine patrol of Ahsaean airspace. The fighter jet, piloted by Jibril Al-Rashidi, was redirected to fly over the Capslandian Navy as a warning for crossing over into Ahsaean waters.

By Decree of His Majesty, King Salman of Al-Ahsa, the Kingdom of Al-Ahsa is in a state of war with the Capslandian people. Capsland, after violating Ahsaean Sovereign Waters, attacked the Royal Air Force leading to the death of a brave airman. It is with no pleasure that I hereby declare a state of war between the nations of Al-Ahsa and Capsland. We have no desire for this war, but know we have been left with no choice.

Yasra
Political Columnist

Founded: May 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yasra » Mon May 25, 2015 1:18 am

Yasiri troops reportedly in operation against Al-Ahsa

Ah'uel, a 26 years old from a town near the border with Al-Ahsa has reported Tsbi(צב"י - Yazaite acronym for United Forces of Yasiri) special operatives crossing the borders last night following the declaration of war against Capsland, He and many other residents claim to hear gunshots in the middle of the night and even a flare light in the Ahsaen side of the border.

Experts are certain the operation was launched in united efforts with Capsland to bring down Al-Rashid's government. We've already heard from a whistle-blower a few weeks ago that the Secret Agency is trying to assassinate the King so it would come as no surprise the further operations would take place.

The Makalaqam
(מכלאקמ - The Yasiri Head of Government) and his government denies any involvement of Tsbi inside Al-Asha although he does claim that Yasra actively fights against the hostile country that we've been at war several times with the last one ending only in 2004 while the general conflicts continues to this day.

0 Comments

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Mon May 25, 2015 7:57 am

Capsland at War!

Jets taking off to deliver the first air strikes.

"Capsland is in an official state of war with the Kingdom of Al-Ahsa". These were the words said by the Minister of Defence and PR Rebecca Joye in a press conference. In response to this declaration of war, Capsland has sent out fighters to strike key military targets on the coast of Al-Ahsa in a means to deter the Ahsaean government from launching it's own counter offensive.

It has already been reported that military positions around Aswan have been hit and substantial damage has been made, although not enough to cause much harm to the Ahsaean military infrastructure. PR Rebecca Joye had this to say in the conference:
"The government of Al-Ahsa has forced Capsland's hand. They deliberately attacked and killed so many people, they were expecting this response. The fact that the government of Al-Ahsa refuses to negotiate with Capsland on the matter is absurd and quite frankly stupid. Capsland has tried so many other ways to dealing with this issue but it seems the 'King' of Al-Ahsa doesn't want to listen. I, personally, call upon the nations affected by the Ahsaean aggression to band together and stop this menace once and for all. For too long has the 'West' and 'East' squabbled with eachother. This is the time for Sunalayan unity, please, help make Sunalaya safer for us all."

The royal family has still refused to release any document or opinion on the matter, taking their political neutrality seriously. Many believe that this war will be over within a week, some say 2 years at least. But what is certain is that Capsland and Al Ahsa will be changed forever.

In other news:
- Naval Admiral insists the Capslandian navy was in international waters when the attack happened, violating no treaty.
- First nuclear power plant being constructed in Riverside, a town near Calindra.
- Capsland sees a surge in army recruitment.
- Green Party condemn the actions of the government.
- Capslandian Military Intelligence deny any involvement with Yasra.
Last edited by Capsland on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon May 25, 2015 9:42 am

Empress States Official Neutrality

Empress Ymira Everen has declared a state of neutrality for Rezua concerning the Al-Caps War as it has been named in Rezua. Empress Ymira gave no long speech but simply said she was "disappointed" and "displeased" that this war happened. The Empress sees no benefit for either side and called it a "useless war". However, the Empress has said she will still allow for peace talks to be held in Rezua.

In Other News
-The RIN Mirano has been repaired making the Rezuan navy 17 strong.
-Empress Ymira Everen marched in the national Service Day Parade with some 6,000 soldiers, police, scouts, firemen and thousands of patriots.
-The National Archives have been reopened.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon May 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Soviet Calls Emergency Session

Breaking News 9 AM JST: Federal Quarter

In response to the deceleration of war by Capsland President James Kerman has called for an emergency meeting of the party soviet. The USJR, which is allied with Capsland, is sword to aid Capsland in any armed conflict, offensive and defensive. After the public statement that the Kingdom of Al-Ahsa had sponsored terror attacks in several countries warhawks have swooped over the idea of attacking the nation. For the past few days the USJR military presence on Al-Ahsa's northern boarder due to its military access with Eranshahir. The 2nd People's Republican Army Verkers Core is reported to have sent several platoons of trekker tanks, men and artillery groups through the country. Several unverified reports suggest that the USJR has already begun striking Al-Ahsan military bases via the USJR's Eranshahir military base and two aircraft carriers located in the region. A senior military advises, speaking anonymously, stated that the goverment had been preparing to act since the start of the terror campaign. President Mortimer has publicly called for peace, but stated that the USJR will aid its allies in times of war.

STORY UPDATES
12 PM JST- Jamestown Soviet declares "A State of War" between the USJR and Al-Ahsa, stating that it has been forced to act due to the USJR's alliance with Capsland

1 PM JST- Ministry of Defense confirms it has started airstrikes in Al-Ahsa. JJN affiliates in Eranshahir report increased USJR military activity.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates