NATION

PASSWORD

Barentsburg, your new home In Hibernation

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Barentsburg, your new home In Hibernation

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 am

ic thread
Life in the north can be harsh, with winter temperatures getting as low as minus 30c, with summer temperatures getting as high as 7c and the winter has a perpetual night, though the flip side is the summer, well fancy reading a news paper out doors at 2am, well you can. The national language is officially English though some Norse, Slavic and eastern European words have crept into the language over the cenuries. Our national sport is Ice Hockey, usually played out doors as after all who needs an ice rink in the polar winter?, and currently the Barentsburg Bears are 5th in the league. Barentsburg is situated in Nordstadt region of the country, situated in AstyriaImage

The Aurora Confederacy with a population of around 10 and a bit million is a liberal place, (socially at least) with people being friendly, we also have some strange traditions, such as sitting naked in a hot sauna then jumping into a frozen lake, its said to purify the soul. Free Speech is held at the heart of the constitution, so long as it does not insite hatred or spark a riot in fact radio stations and the media often criticise the government, and oddly are encouraged to do this as it helps the government do their job better, Until recently alcohol had been prohibited but now its legal, legalised under the presidency of Zafferana Promura, and its cheap too, 1 dinar , (around $1.20) will get you a pint of our local brew, Tczicz, pronounced "sich", it is far from what its name may suggest (in English or German at least), topping 10.2% alcohol by volume, and its SMOOTH. However drink driving is however illegal. Tczicz is like a brown vodka, looks like a beer, but blows your head off like vodka!

The police here are friendly, and for the whole unarmed though there are ARU units which are armed with MP5 automatics. The police have Tazers, batons and mace, as well as cuffs, however that is really all they need, and can ieasily be identified by bright orange high viz jackets with "POLICE" on the back, to call them on an emergency, dial 112, for a non emergency call, dial 211. Hand guns and automatics, (including semi autos) are illegal, the only gun you can legally buy will be a manual bolt action with a non removable box magazine, capacity 10 rounds. This is recomended if you venture into the wilderness. scopes are legal,

Barebntsburg will be your new home, a vibrant city of 20,000, a city who's emloyment is dominated by the nuclear power plant, this power plant is your friend and employs 5,000 people, from reactor technicians to mechanics. its steam generators are outside the reactor housing across the station from Barentsburg East train station, the overhead pipes carry hot Carbon Dioxide coolant from the reactor core to the boilers where steam is raised and underground pipes take it back to the reactor. As well as spinning the turbines, this steam is used for several things, heating many municipal buildings for one.

Thoughout the city there are loud speakers, these generally give public address notificaions, however with the city home to 4 Magnox type reactors, they are used to announce the testing of the Nuclear Emergency Alert System, an air-raid type siren that sounds weekly at 10am every Wednesday, in the Market they play music most of the time, and in the train stations they are used to give train announcements.

When it comes to night life, (though in the summer there is no night, its perpetual day for 3 months!), Barentsburg has its share of night clubs and bars, some have a dress code, others don't, such is the Auroran way, you work hard, you play hard. The Market place is a vibrant building, here you can get all manner of goods, including inverters and adaptors to allow you to bring your own appliances with you, however though the price may be listed, it is traditional to try and haggle with the storeman, people will think you odd if you dont try to get at least 15% off the listed price.

and guess what..

With our strong economy, it has just become your new home!
Code: Select all
Character Name:
Nationality:
Country of Birth:
Occupation (if any):
Family (if any)
Bio:
Appearance (picture preferred):
PLEASE PROVIDE RP SAMPLES WITH APPLICATION

As with most civilized countries, there will be NO MASS FIREFIGHTS or SHOOTOUTS as this is the Aurora Confederacy, NOT the wild west, if you have a store front in your nation, PLUG IT! by setting up an outlet here so it can be interracted with. However if you have a cell phone, 5km outside a major city, it will not get a signal, so its best if you follow every other Auroran and have one that is satellite capable, though the most comon form of long distance communcation is the CB or HAM radio, Every car has at least one, and invariably it will *probably* have bull bars as well and 4 wheel drive.

As players come on board I will produce a map that will consisist of 5 parts, NW NE SE SW and Centre.

Interested?

pics: please keep them in spoilers however and they MUST be relevant. Character pics can be CG, but no anime style please
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 59 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 am

Dotted around the city are loud speakers for addressing the population of Barentsburg, and indeed ALL cities of the Aurora Confederacy, these usually give prior warning of the testing of the sirens at the nuclear plant, testing is 10:00hrs Tuesday morning and lasts for 10 minutes. Any other time, especially in the Market, known locally as the Barentsburg Bazaar, they play music. however at any time the city council can override this to give out vital messages. Barentsburg East railroad station uses these for train announcements, as does Barentsburg West railroad station. (the evacuation point in case of a nuclear emergency for those who do not have cars)

Barentsburg has its share of buses and trams, the trams, being powered by electricity are FREE to ride as they are run by the city authorities and so paid for by local taxes. Bus fares are however cheap, a 1 dinar ticket lasts ALL DAY and can be used as many times as you like within a 24 hour period.

There are three roads out of Barentsburg, these are surface routes though the Terra Link hub is in the middle of the city, Terra Links are long distance motorway tunnels that link major cities, to use these, you pass through a toll booth however tolls are cheap. surface roads however are gravel roads, so make sure you have a good stone guard on that screen of yours.

Key places that may be useful in the RP
The schools
The port
The train station
The various clubs and bars.

Drugs are ILLEGAL
Homosexuality IS legal however and is not seen as a taboo, homosexual marriage - Legal.
Trance Music is immensely popular
Tobacco is legal BUT smoking in public places is illegal
Drink driving - Illegal

The Aurora Confederacy did have military service, however this can also be done in Civil defence and mountain rescue, as well as the traditional branches of the armed forces
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 am

Character application
Name: Xavi Sørensen
Age 29

Occupation fisher.
Family (you may RP them if you wish) none with him.

Other notes: born in sedikal and moved to the confederacy for work.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:10 am

Accepted Sedikal, Welcome to the confederacy.

I will be adding a work agency where he can fill out skills and such.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:13 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:Accepted Sedikal, Welcome to the confederacy.

I will be adding a work agency where he can fill out skills and such.

Sounds good. Let's hope we get some good posters for this one.
Nice Little Quotes

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

-Stephen King

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 am

indeed.

He will be working on a boat though, could be fun in the arctic. chances are he will be part of a crew.

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:18 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:indeed.

He will be working on a boat though, could be fun in the arctic. chances are he will be part of a crew.

Deadliest catch.... The confedaracy edition!
Nice Little Quotes

-Adam Gopnik

-Stephen King

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 am

Sedikal wrote:
Aurora Confederacy wrote:indeed.

Deadliest catch.... The confedaracy edition!

possibly!
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:10 am

Once we get 5 or more I will put the IC up and running.

some of mine

Nebraska, aka Nebo, is a 24 year old photographer and a skilled night club dancer though has a bit of an alternative style. not everyone has spikes in their scalp!

Aged 30, Adel is a muscular girl, loves her rig. sports a studded tongue but no tattoos. Adel left high school to serve in the military for 8 years, working as a tank mechanic ant dransporter driver before leaving to become a driver. Now has a 24.2 litre DS900 with some serious horsepower.

A photographer but double above knee amputee thanks to an assault.

Aged 48, Nick Winter is a skipper of a fishing boat, the Crystal Jade, a 100ft long crabber

42 years old, Rafale, yes that IS right as his name is French for Squall, is one of Barentsburg's plain clothed cops. ~(not secret police however)

25 year old Bar keeper at the Northern Cross Tavern, a local pub, bit of a flirt with the ladies!

Aged 38, Zoe Mariner, A former research submariner for an oceanic survey company that operates out of the waters of the Aurora Confederacy, Zoe Mariner is the daughter of a maritime family, however Zoe had made a career change, and switched jobs, tired of seeing the sea bed, and vast expances of ocean, so instead purchased a DS900 mk2 and set about becoming a driver.

Aka Micky Mick, Michaela, aged 22 is Zoe Mariner's girlfriend, sometimes on the road, other times works at a bar and yes SHE DOES wear that cat suit!
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:31 am, edited 40 times in total.

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:11 am

Character application
Name: William Opens

Family (you may RP them if you wish) Wife-Michelle, No Children
Other notes: None at this time.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 am

Now that gives me an idea.

:D

I will add you to the character list at the top of the OP.

WELCOME TO BARENTSBURG
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 am

The Map is done.

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 am

Nice map.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:48 pm

thanks

i tried doing one fron scratch, but resorted to photoshopping an existing map.

key points are on the map as well. however as I have returned back to a region and become native again, the map for Barentsburg will be that of Tromso.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Goryevdre Islands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Goryevdre Islands » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Would there be the possibility of a Goryevdren Consulate in Barentsburg? Therefore I could have a character that worked there and would be able to do stuff everyone else did but still remain distinctly Goryevdren. It would also give him/her a more interesting job.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:25 pm

The Goryevdre Islands wrote:Would there be the possibility of a Goryevdren Consulate in Barentsburg? Therefore I could have a character that worked there and would be able to do stuff everyone else did but still remain distinctly Goryevdren. It would also give him/her a more interesting job.

Embassies are in Valeria Port Aurora, however with Barentsburg being a port town like South Sands on the West Coast, there will be consular offices, most likely close to the harbour itself.

the only other consular buildings will be at Peace Valley, located at the airport!

Maryginia
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Maryginia » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Character application
Name Jaac Lanert
Age 25

Family (you may RP them if you wish) a daughter Edeen who is 8

Other notes: Jaac moved to Barentsburg after he and his wife divorced and gave up their daughter, he moved to start a new life.
Last edited by Maryginia on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRO ISRAEL AND DAMN PROUD
TAKE BACK MUSIC!
Impeach Pop music, Legalize creativity, Auto-tune is theft, Real Music forever

I SIDE WITH UKRAINE

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Jaac, welcome to Barentsburg

May you enjoy your stay you have been ACCEPTED Being a an Attourney, I think I can find some hoodlums for him to defend in court.

(que the CHR rep list dedicated to him)
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Character application
Name: Ludwig Reltz

Occupation: Traveling salesman for Burgunden Breuerie from Neu Engollon
Other notes: Typical sales guy, always looking for the angles and opportunities, but enjoys himself all the while and enjoys new adventures on the road. Thinks of himself as kind of a Lothario, but not quite that smooth. He has a generous expense account from BB and uses it to full advantage.

Edit: From 'wild west bad guy' to this guy. Sorry.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:00 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Character application
Name: Ludwig Reltz

Occupation: Traveling salesman for Burgunden Breuerie from Neu Engollon
Other notes: Typical sales guy, always looking for the angles and opportunities, but enjoys himself all the while and enjoys new adventures on the road. Thinks of himself as kind of a Lothario, but not quite that smooth. He has a generous expense account from BB and uses it to full advantage.

Edit: From 'wild west bad guy' to this guy. Sorry.

aah a man who can organise a good piss up :)

welcome to Barentsburg

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:35 pm

two more players needed to sign up

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Go-Live date will be 10:00 UTC GOOD FRIDAY
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:26 pm

NB: You ARE Permitted to use R/L countries
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Neo Great Britannia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

-APPLICATION-

Postby Neo Great Britannia » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Character Application:

Name: William Kirkland

Occupation: Professional Photographer/Ex. Neo Scotland Yard Constable

Family: There is though it is his parents whom are left back in the Neo United Kingdom, in the City of Edinburgh as they want to stay there instead of moving to Barentsburg as well they are strong National Royalists, ranting 'God save the Britannic King' and all.

Other notes: He is a kind and honest professional photographer, a former constable of the Neo Scotland Yard which is situated in London who then after a couple of years gave it all up as there were problems in those days making him to quit from being a law enforcer to a simple photographer instead took pictures of scenic Neo United Kingdom all over instead of being in His Majesty's Service, from the Britannian Capital of London with the Palace of Westminster, to His Majesty's Principal Residence in Neo Scotland: Castle Holyrod, and finally to the Irish Parliament Building: Stormont and so on and so forth.

But on his new venture he plans to go to the probable picture worthy city: Barentsburg, Aurora Confederacy in hope of more scenic views to take photos on though he is still worried with his parents back home in Neo Scotland, being avid Royalists and all that they might hurt themselves because of it as always when he was there and now he is not there for them, that worries him most as his extended family is scattered all around Britannia.
Last edited by Neo Great Britannia on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates